View Poll Results: Should we sign Dwight Freeney in the Free Agency?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he would solve the pass rush!

72 65.45%
  • No, he wants to be the highest paid defensive player, too much of a cap problem.

38 34.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dwight Freeney

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco
    32 of his 51 career sacks were on turf...so it's not really a definite split IMO.
    This is kind of what I expected. When you account for the fact that he has always played at least half his games in a given season on artificial turf (and it's actually probably nine or ten games per season on the carpet) the split is pretty insignificant.

A lot of good points...Mostly.

When one of your S's is tied for most sacks, you've got serious problems. A good DE is the key to another SB I think! However, as someone stated up top, it could be a coaching issue and/or scheme problem. I had a lot of confidence in our D line last year and it didn't do much at all but force our D vets to say rediculous remarks such as, "they don't get a lot of sacks but they put a ton of pressure on the QB". If we had more pressure form our line and not have to blitz w/ our secodary, i don't think we would have lost games like NYG and Pitt. And now TP is gone and we're left with no sacking run stoppers. We have one of the best LB corps in the league, we don't need run stoppers, we need sackers.