Can the patriots be stopped next year???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony
    All-Pro
    • Jul 2003

Can the patriots be stopped next year???

Who will have the best chance next season of stopping them considering that they'll be the team to beat in the afc. Many believe that they'll win again next year. But you never know with free agency in all.
  • broncosbeast
    Practice Squad
    • Aug 2003

They have many defenders that are getting older. That could be a problem.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

• Bronco Benny

We can beat them, we almost did with Danny Kanell for christ sake. Historically, we own the Patriots. I thought I read something about a couple of them didn't want to play us in the playoffs because we would give them the most problems.

Comment

• broncosbeast
        Practice Squad
        • Aug 2003

We've owned them since the first AFL regular season game. Sept. 9, 1960. 13-10 in our favor I believe.
        Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

• Krafty
          Practice Squad
          • Dec 2003

No, the Patriots can NOT be stopped next year. Or the year after, for that matter. The Patriots have 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, 1 third round pick and 2 fourth round picks. They also have Charlie Weis, their OC and Romeo Crennel, their DC returning. Along with the best coach in football. The Patriots are a juggernaut, the next NFL dynasty. Get used to seeing the Lombardi hoisted in Foxboro girls. The winning ain't going to stop any time soon.

Comment

• Javalon
            Hail to the King, baby!
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Krafty
            The Patriots are a juggernaut, the next NFL dynasty.
            A juggernaut they are not. I give this team credit for winning a lot of games. But way too many of their games were way too close. They might still be good enough to make it back to the Super Bowl but they are not even close to being a dominant team and will have a difficult time repeating.

I'm more concerned about the Chiefs. Since they finally wised up and got rid of Greg Robinson and replaced him with a really good defensive coordinator, this could push them to a dominant level. God, I hope not. Their defense was the only thing holding them back the past couple of years and they just might have fixed it already.

The Broncos, on the other hand, are already going the wrong direction by letting Alex Gibbs get away. Salary cap problems and questions at wide receiver and cornerback have me concerned.

But it's a long offseason and we'll see what happens. The Patriots are a good team, but not great. This just happened to be a year where no teams rose to a dominant level. I expect next year to be different.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Fat Joe
              Banned User
              • Nov 2003

Patriots are a good team, yes. A dynasty, no. There is no such thing as a Dynasty anymore. Its kind of pathetic a team can win twice in 3 years and be considered a dynasty. The last dynasty was the cowboys. It died after that. I doubt you will see the pats in the super bowl again next year. But only time will tell. Theres alot of teams that can beat them, and they have no where to go but down.

Comment

• moonshot314
                Practice Squad
                • Oct 2003

I'm more concerned about the Chiefs. Since they finally wised up and got rid of Greg Robinson and replaced him with a really good defensive coordinator, this could push them to a dominant level. God, I hope not. Their defense was the only thing holding them back the past couple of years and they just might have fixed it already.
                why thank you..

im not exactly sure who all the pats have that are free agents this year.. but money will become an issue.. ty law will almost certainly be gone.. and to have something similar to the lawyer milloy situation happen again and get away from it as clean as the pats did would be crazy.. and referring also to the beforementioned quote.. the chiefs should be improved.. but nothing is a given when you consider injuries.. to preach dynasty would be out of context considering one or two players going down to the bug could ultimately make or break an offense or defense.. in this day and age its not healthy to say super bowl until the trophy is in hand.. the pats can do that now while the rest of us look forward to next year.. we all dream of the lombardi trophy but anyone who predicts they will be holding it at this time next year is truely unwise to the truth of life in the nfl

Comment

• bronco30
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2003

the pats will b good again next year n they'll b adding more talent they have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds there only FA's r ted washington n bobby hamilton n ty law will have 2 restructure if he stays...plus their big FA signing last year LB colvin was out after the 1st game w/ hip injury so he'll b back...

they'll b difficult to beat but in the afc IMO denver, indy, titans, chiefs (IF their def is fixed) n miami have a great shot at dethrowing them preferabbly i want denver....plus the ball always seemed to bounce their way hopefully it wont next year...

Comment

• portisistheman
                    Ad Idem
                    • Sep 2003

Juggernaut?

No.

A damn good, seasoned playoff team?

Yes.

The chance at repeating will be adversly affected by the 20 UFA's the Pats will have to re-sign. More than talent, more than gameplanning or anything else, these UFA's determination and experience is what is most vital to this particular team. The Pats do not blow other teams out of the water, they persevere. A bunch of new rookies will do nothing if not kept under the wing of experienced, playoff vets.
                    Originally posted by boltzpride619
                    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

• orangenblue420
                      koyaanisqatsi
                      • Jul 2003

See this is what pisses me off....a juggernaut....more like a juggerNOT!!!!!!!!!! Dynasty, please.......dynasties dont need luck to win them games, dynasties BLOW OUT their opponents....check out San Fran and :puke: :puke: Dallas....uggh I cant believe you made me say that.....

Comment

• portisistheman
                        Ad Idem
                        • Sep 2003

The title of the thread is a rediculous question in the first place...can they be stopped...they squeeked by in BOTH of their SB wins. Their determination and drive is impressive as well as their coaching and team play but the questioin should have been will they be able to repeat. To ask if anyone can stop them is like saying they are blowing teams out of the water. Both of their trophies relied HEAVILY on tremendous amounts of LUCK. Plain and simple. It doesn't take anything away from them IMO, they are still 2 time SB champs, regardless. That in and of itself is impressive.
                        Originally posted by boltzpride619
                        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

• mainen8
                          Practice Squad
                          • Feb 2004

The Patriots victory margin for the entire season was a measly 6.125! A win is a win, but MANY of their games were won by field goals. For a team that won games by less than a touchdown all year long to win the superbowl is downright amazing. The pats are very stoppable.

Comment

• mainen8
                            Practice Squad
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Krafty
                            The Patriots are a juggernaut, the next NFL dynasty. Get used to seeing the Lombardi hoisted in Foxboro girls. The winning ain't going to stop any time soon.
                            My last post was for you krafty.

Comment

• The X-Factor 82
                              Practice Squad
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Javalon
                              [BI'm more concerned about the Chiefs. Since they finally wised up and got rid of Greg Robinson and replaced him with a really good defensive coordinator, this could push them to a dominant level. God, I hope not. Their defense was the only thing holding them back the past couple of years and they just might have fixed it already.
                              Well I certainly hope so.
                              The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X