Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Well, that was painful. An hour to get 4 pictures. Note: On the Preview Post, the pictures look huge, even though I resized them. I apologize for the hugeness. When I have some extra time, I'll try to get them smaller.

This is kumihimo (Japanese braiding) done on a marudai, not a foam disk. Foam disks are popular because they're portable and cheaper. Marudai is more traditional.

Necklace. I did not do the caging on the crystal. This great lady in AZ does them. Beautiful work.

The blue looks really dark, but it is blue. I put this on a clip and hang it from my purse. The clip enables me to change bags so that I always have my orange and blue.

Last edited by Peanut; 05-04-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Pretty cool, Peanut. I like the braiding on the second one. Almost has like a snake effect to it. Must've taken a while to make those.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Pretty cool, Peanut. I like the braiding on the second one. Almost has like a snake effect to it. Must've taken a while to make those.
    Thank you.

It takes about 2 hours. My least favorite thing to do is putting the findings on. If I had an "assistant" to glue them on, I'd make a lot more.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Very cool, Peanut! Nice, lots of detail in the braiding. How long have you been making these? I love the orange and blue! Do you use that as a bit of a good luck charm as well?

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Very cool, Peanut! Nice, lots of detail in the braiding. How long have you been making these? I love the orange and blue! Do you use that as a bit of a good luck charm as well?
    Thanks, Sophia.

I've been making them for about 10 years or so. Thought about trying to sell them, but never pursued it. I love looking for special pendants.

Good luck charm? I don't really believe in things like that, but I feel like I need to have the blue and orange one with me all the time. So.....
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Very pretty, Peanut!!

I guess I have to let the cat out of the bag by letting everyone know I am somewhat gifted with a Lite Brite. My specialty is Dragons. Good to have a place to hang out with other artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thanks, Sophia.

I've been making them for about 10 years or so. Thought about trying to sell them, but never pursued it. I love looking for special pendants.

Good luck charm? I don't really believe in things like that, but I feel like I need to have the blue and orange one with me all the time. So.....
    I don't normally believe in good luck charms either, but I do extremely irrational things when it comes to my teams. My old Champ Bailey jersey was a classic example. I think we went like 3-10 when I was wearing it, and I took it off at half time during a couple of the games we won. So I got to the point where I would be scared to put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I guess I have to let the cat out of the bag by letting everyone know I am somewhat gifted with a Lite Brite. My specialty is Dragons. Good to have a place to hang out with other artists.
    lol. I do have mad respect for the Etch a Sketch artists, though. Still can't believe people can do quality portraits with one of those.

The closest thing to art that I would say I do nowadays is customization on my cars. I'm about to pick up a 70 C-20 pickup, and haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with it yet. Might go with the old military motif. Olive drab with the black lettering. That or I'll just murder it the hell out like everything else I drive (all black). lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thanks, Sophia.

well good luck charm or not you have your Broncos spirit with you at all times

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian