• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OurHouse
    Practice Squad
    • Sep 2010

Anquan Boldin

How do you guys feel about this guy for our slot receiver? He played well in Detroit and gives us a big target in the middle of the field, he also has sure hands. We can take a guy later on in the draft to groom for a year or two when Boldin hangs them up. He'd be cheap too and knowing that cap will be tight if Romo comes it takes care of a need during the potential Super Bowl window.
  • munoz1987
    Bench Warmer
    • Feb 2014

No thanks.
    Denver's needs speed. They have enough possession receiving targets.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• NVthosebroncos
      Banned User
      • Dec 2009

No.

10 characters

Comment

• kona bronco
        Special Teams
        • Nov 2007

He can get open and catch the ball, better than some of the prospects we have currently!

Comment

• samparnell
          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by OurHouse View Post
          How do you guys feel about this guy for our slot receiver? He played well in Detroit and gives us a big target in the middle of the field, he also has sure hands. We can take a guy later on in the draft to groom for a year or two when Boldin hangs them up. He'd be cheap too and knowing that cap will be tight if Romo comes it takes care of a need during the potential Super Bowl window.
          Anquan Boldin is a player. He makes QBs look good, is a scoring threat in the RZ, brings veteran leadership and is a consummate professional. He'd be a great signing and would help Denver's passing attack instantly.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• joshmack93
            Practice Squad
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Anquan Boldin is a player. He makes QBs look good, is a scoring threat in the RZ, brings veteran leadership and is a consummate professional. He'd be a great signing and would help Denver's passing attack instantly.
            I've always liked Boldin, but he isn't the same player anymore. He will be 37 halfway through next season. I personally don't think he will help instantly. I would rather draft a WR in the upcoming draft.

Comment

• samparnell
              Soy Capitan Meshpoint
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by joshmack93 View Post
              I've always liked Boldin, but he isn't the same player anymore. He will be 37 halfway through next season. I personally don't think he will help instantly. I would rather draft a WR in the upcoming draft.
              Anquan caught 8 TD passes last year. Demaryius and Emmanuel caught five each. Boldin caught as many TDs last year as Fowler, Taylor, Green, Bibbs, C.J. and Booker combined. He was the fourth leading receiver by yards for the Lions last year, but had almost as many TDs as the three guys ahead of him combined (they had nine) Anquan knows how to catch and he knows how to do it in the EZ. Whoever Denver's QB is, Anquan Boldin will help them.

Comment

• joshmack93
                Practice Squad
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Anquan caught 8 TD passes last year. Demaryius and Emmanuel caught five each. Boldin caught as many TDs last year as Fowler, Taylor, Green, Bibbs, C.J. and Booker combined. He was the fourth leading receiver by yards for the Lions last year, but had almost as many TDs as the three guys ahead of him combined (they had nine) Anquan knows how to catch and he knows how to do it in the EZ. Whoever Denver's QB is, Anquan Boldin will help them.
                Boldin had Matt Stafford throwing him the ball, our guys had Trevor Siemian. Not hating on Trev, but he is not Stafford. The Lions were also a pass first team.

Comment

• samparnell
                  Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                  • Nov 2007

Boldin had Matt Stafford throwing him the ball, our guys had Trevor Siemian. Not hating on Trev, but he is not Stafford. The Lions were also a pass first team.
                  We shall see if Anquan is signed before the season and, if so, where he ends up.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                    Hall of Famer
                    • Apr 2009

Matt Stafford has had entire career throwing to Calvin Johnson, yet had one of his best years when Johnson retired and he was throwing to Boldin. Boldin has played with a lot of QBs, I really don't think it was just Stafford that made him look good last year.

If we add Romo, and it's Super Bowl or bust, then Boldin would be a good pickup.

Comment

• joshmack93
                      Practice Squad
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      Matt Stafford has had entire career throwing to Calvin Johnson, yet had one of his best years when Johnson retired and he was throwing to Boldin. Boldin has played with a lot of QBs, I really don't think it was just Stafford that made him look good last year.

If we add Romo, and it's Super Bowl or bust, then Boldin would be a good pickup.
                      I'm just saying, if you look at Boldins stats the last 3 years, they have gone down besides his touchdowns last year. I'm not hating on him, I just think he's on his way out.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                        Hall of Famer
                        • Apr 2009

I'm just saying, if you look at Boldins stats the last 3 years, they have gone down besides his touchdowns last year. I'm not hating on him, I just think he's on his way out.
                        Most likely, he'll be 37 in October. It wouldn't make much sense to sign him, unless we get Romo

Comment

• Den615
                          Playmaker
                          • Jul 2008

Boldin will reportedly wait until training camp to sign with a team. Depending on what happens in the draft I would love to have him in Denver.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                            Traveling Mod
                            • Mar 2010

I would absolutely love to have him. He would be an instant upgrade over most of our receivers. He would be another viable weapon on the field and I think he would help in the Red Zone a lot. He has been productive throughout his career . Please come over to the good side Mr. Boldin.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• broncoslover115
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              I would absolutely love to have him. He would be an instant upgrade over most of our receivers. He would be another viable weapon on the field and I think he would help in the Red Zone a lot. He has been productive throughout his career . Please come over to the good side Mr. Boldin.
                              I'm with you on this. I've always love the guy. Leader, professional RZ threat and aggressive player.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X