X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peanut
    ModNut
    • Jan 2007

I really hope we don't have a repeat of Indy.

Speeds slower but new tires require changes: Speeds from Saturday's practice slowed by five to six miles per hour with the new left-side tires NASCAR mandated for Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway. NASCAR and Goodyear called for the change that left teams scrambling late Friday when tires began blistering because of excessive heat buildup from high speeds created by the newly-repaved track. Greg Biffle posted Saturday's top lap at 195.647 mph, down from the 199.093 mph he posted in race trim on Friday. In qualifying trim before the tire change, Biffle posted a fast lap of 204.708 mph. NASCAR made the move to avoid blowouts and another catastrophe such as the one at Indianapolis in 2008, when a competition caution was called every 12 laps because tires were blistering and blowing. The consensus after Saturday's practice, despite slower speeds and ill-handling cars, was the switch was necessary even though several top drivers had no issues with blistering on Friday.
    But the swap did pose problems for crew chiefs and engineers scrambling to figure out setups and adjustments for the new tire. Most teams were limited with the number of laps they could put on their engines because they were near the maximum for a weekend. Fourteen drivers ran less than 25 laps. The new tire, a much harder compound, was used at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2006 and 2007 after a repave. As expected, it gave drivers less grip and made the cars harder to handle. The new tires arrived at Michigan shortly after noon on Saturday after being delivered from North Carolina. There wasn't enough time physically to get them here in time for an earlier test, so tires used the past two days during a test and practice were used for qualifying.(see full post and many quotes at ESPN.com)(6-17-2012)
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      I really hope we don't have a repeat of Indy.
      Oh god was that bad, what a debacle that race was & they should have postponed it & ran it at a later time when they figured things out. That was the most pathetic race i ever saw.
      sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Oh god was that bad, what a debacle that race was & they should have postponed it & ran it at a later time when they figured things out. That was the most pathetic race i ever saw.
        no crap....I almost never wanted to watch a nascar race again after that one.....
        sigpic

Comment

• FLBroncFan
          Special Teams
          • Aug 2011

So far so good for Junior Nation!!
          sigpic
          2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• FLBroncFan
            Special Teams
            • Aug 2011

LOVE this car!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• FLBroncFan
              Special Teams
              • Aug 2011

OMG all you NASCAR fans!! This is page #88!!!! Believe it or not, it was meant to be today!!

Jr and the Dark Knight Rises/Diet Mt. Dew/Nationa Guard car & crew win it on Father's Day!!

Woot woot!! Sweet!
              sigpic

Comment

• FLBroncFan
                Special Teams
                • Aug 2011

sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                  ModNut
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                  So far so good for Junior Nation!!

LOVE this car!!!
                  OMG all you NASCAR fans!! This is page #88!!!! Believe it or not, it was meant to be today!!

Jr and the Dark Knight Rises/Diet Mt. Dew/Nationa Guard car & crew win it on Father's Day!!

Woot woot!! Sweet!
                  Were you just a little excited?

It was great seeing JR in victory lane again.

It helps that he's on one of my fantasy teams. With Tony and Jeff. I also have Hamlin, Logano and Kyle.
                  Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Peanut
                    ModNut
                    • Jan 2007

Road course!

I love Sonoma. Borders Marin County, my old home.

Some of these (regular) drivers have gotten pretty good on road courses.

Always fun.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• roushmartin6
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2007

Really wanted Kurt to win, love when the underdog team gets a win
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                        Football Immortal
                        • Oct 2003

Ok so i'm disappointed tony didn't get the win, back to back runner up's & a 3rd the week before that. That's frustrating to be so close but not get the win even though he has 2 wins this year, but i guess it's better to be running up front rather than 20th.

Anyway a couple things about the race today, first off yet another race goes an extremely long time witout a caution, in fact the first caution came at 29 laps to go which means they ran 80 laps green to start & it's almost becoming comical these races this year with no cautions.

Secondly & this really was a bit disturbing & uncalled for, was after the race was over & TNT was doing post race interviews, they talked with Earnhart Jr. why?? Please explain to me what reason there was for them to interview him on camera when he flat out stunk today! He ran outside the top 20 almost the entire race & finished there as well.

When has a driver finishing outside the top 20 ever been on camera being interviewd after the race? It's just ludacris & a flat out joke that they must talk with him just because he won a race last week for the first time in 4 years! Give me a break & get off the earmfarts train!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                          ModNut
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          Ok so i'm disappointed tony didn't get the win, back to back runner up's & a 3rd the week before that. That's frustrating to be so close but not get the win even though he has 2 wins this year, but i guess it's better to be running up front rather than 20th.

Anyway a couple things about the race today, first off yet another race goes an extremely long time witout a caution, in fact the first caution came at 29 laps to go which means they ran 80 laps green to start & it's almost becoming comical these races this year with no cautions.

Secondly & this really was a bit disturbing & uncalled for, was after the race was over & TNT was doing post race interviews, they talked with Earnhart Jr. why?? Please explain to me what reason there was for them to interview him on camera when he flat out stunk today! He ran outside the top 20 almost the entire race & finished there as well.

When has a driver finishing outside the top 20 ever been on camera being interviewd after the race? It's just ludacris & a flat out joke that they must talk with him just because he won a race last week for the first time in 4 years! Give me a break & get off the earmfarts train!!!
                          Danica Patrick. Really. She can finish 30+, several laps down and they'll still interview her. And, I'm talking IndyCar, NW or Cup.

I wanted Tony to win, too. If the caution had occurred a little sooner, he just might have.

I don't like Bowyer, but I like MWR so I was happy for them. I was also happy to see the #55 get a good finish, thinking it was on my team. I have Martin, not Vickers and they go by drivers, not cars. So, I get 0 points. I have to pay more attention to things like that.
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• roushmartin6
                            Football Immortal
                            • May 2007

I think its mandatory to interview Jr, even if he failed to make the race and was watching in the stands, he would still get an interview.
                            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                              Football Immortal
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              Danica Patrick. Really. She can finish 30+, several laps down and they'll still interview her. And, I'm talking IndyCar, NW or Cup.

I wanted Tony to win, too. If the caution had occurred a little sooner, he just might have.

I don't like Bowyer, but I like MWR so I was happy for them. I was also happy to see the #55 get a good finish, thinking it was on my team. I have Martin, not Vickers and they go by drivers, not cars. So, I get 0 points. I have to pay more attention to things like that.
                              Ok so you got me on that one, & now i will leave with my tail between my legs.

And for the record she got a raw deal in the race saturday, villenueve is a retard.
                              sigpic

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
                                Football Immortal
                                • Oct 2003

Matt Kenseth will be out of the #17 car & Roush Fenway Racing after this season & will be replaced by Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in 2013.

Wow! I didn't see that coming & had no clue it was going on or ever heard any rumors about it. Oh well i guess nothing lasts forever or stays the same forever. One thing i would say for sure is Matt will have no problem finding another good ride, perhaps he kicks Logano out of the #20.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X