• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homer34
    Practice Squad
    • Jun 2003

John Elways Arena Team

What do you guys think about Elway gettin in and overseeing another leagues football team?
    www.nfl-fans.com--Great all NFL team message board.
  • Elway
    Master of Game Day!
    • Jun 2003

Well judging by their poor performance in their first year. I don't think John had them ready to play. It was great he molded them to resemble the crush in the mold of the Broncos, but I think John got a harsh welcome to Arena footbll. I do applaud his effort though to try and stay connected to a sport the mans so much to him.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

• towels
      Practice Squad
      • Jun 2003

I don't think it was John's job to have them ready to play. That's why he fired the coaching staff at the end of the season.
      I hope they find success. Arena ball is very exciting, and much more affordable than NFL games.

Comment

• Stalefish420
        • Jul 2003

Elway will most likely put together a winning and contending team soon.
        Last edited by Stalefish420; 07-25-2003, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• MyBroncos
          Practice Squad
          • Jul 2003

there doin good I caught a couple games.. Ones comes to mind
          it was pretty cool john elways team and jon bonjovis team
          hes a rock star for those not knowen anyway the crush one
          it wastso funny how they would show a scene of John E. & then one of Jon B. Anyone remeber that ones a month or 2 back here.
          "Broncos Rule"-I start each day on the excercise bike with a hard ride some music and thoughts of the broncos.

Comment

• Dub-DeuceKnight
            Bench Warmer
            • Apr 2004

I went to the last Crush game against the Grand Rapids Rampage, although there are some stupid rules, it is a pretty cool deal. They give away a bunch of free stuff (I caught a shirt and got a bunch of these coupons for free Baby Ruth bars) and it is pretty exciting, The Crush dominated in the fourth quarter (27-0) and won the game like 63-38 or something. They have some pretty good players too, Damien Harell #1 comes to mind.

Oh yeah and the backup QB for the other team was ex K-State QB Michael Bishop, I am sure you guys remember him.
            Anyway I like the games and the Crush are good. You guys should check one out if you have a chance.

Comment

• shawny
              Practice Squad
              • Dec 2003

Im glad he decided to keep it in Denver. At one time he talked about starting an nfl team in Los Angeles. He must not have been able to dig up the kind of cash for a nfl franchise so this is the next best thing.

Comment

• The Dark Knight
                aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by shawny
                Im glad he decided to keep it in Denver. At one time he talked about starting an nfl team in Los Angeles. He must not have been able to dig up the kind of cash for a nfl franchise so this is the next best thing.

Yeah, he'll succeed. He's been a winner his whole life, that's not something that goes away.

Comment

• cjelway
                  Practice Squad
                  • Apr 2004

Ah, perhaps he'll eventually find the cash to start a new NFL franchise...a SECOND DENVER TEAM!

Now now, before you call me crazy, think about it. Denver sells out every game, do they not? How cool would it be for there to be a second team in Denver? Start them on the other side of town. San Fran and Oakland are quite close.

If the NFL wants to expand the league but cannot find new cities to do it in, why not change strategies and look to the old cities?

Add this team, call them the Colorado Crush, and put them in the NFC, away from the Broncos. Then give a team to Las Vegas, as the city just rakes in pools of money weekly. The one and only problem with Las Vegas is the gambling. If the hometown team is losing, I suppose the city could pay for it, if the people bet on their team...heh...

On a side note, Bud Selig (MLB commissioner) is talking with representatives for the city council of Las Vegas about moving the Montreal Expos there...just goes to show I'm not completely crazy.

Comment

Working...
                  X