PDA

View Full Version : Vick is an Idiot!

BaileyTheBest
08-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Vick is an idiot...nuff said.

Just said on ESPNEWS that he is only going to plead to conspiracy and not gambling or killing dogs. They also said that if he does, the feds will revoke the deal and go to trail. Vick is stupid if he does this because if he gets convicted, he's going to jail for 5 years then his career is definitely over.

Snk16
08-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Vick is an idiot

This has been well established.

BaileyTheBest
08-23-2007, 07:51 PM
This has been well established.

Well he's doing his best to make sure that fact stays well established! :D

Firstwave64
08-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Just said on ESPNEWS that he is only going to plead to conspiracy and not gambling or killing dogs. They also said that if he does, the feds will revoke the deal and go to trail. Vick is stupid if he does this because if he gets convicted, he's going to jail for 5 years then his career is definitely over.

its already over

Snk16
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Well he's doing his best to make sure that fact stays well established! :D

:laugh:

Well, he's not changing my mind.

stnzed
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
If he does plead guilty on Monday that'll tell you all you need to know.

By holding out til the last minute and now going public with news that he will not plead to 2 of these charges, Vicks camp is planting a seed of hope that he'll someday play in the NFL again.

After he does his time and he's trying to get back in to the NFL he's going to be saying he was guilty of dogfighting..."but I ain't never killed no dogs, man".

And if he pleads guilty to the gambling, he might be done in the NFL regardless of the killing dogs.

If the fed's had nothing on Vick for killing dogs, why is Poindexter planning on going after him for cruelty to animals?

Which brings up another factor: Just like the gambling charges, if he pleads guilty to killing animals, the state of Virginia is the double whammy to his hopes of ever playing in the NFL again.

All of this reeks of desperation!

If he is innocent of anything he should have never flinched in the first place. And he's lucky if the don't add to the charges now.....

lex
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
If he does plead guilty on Monday that'll tell you all you need to know.

By holding out til the last minute and now going public with news that he will not plead to 2 of these charges, Vicks camp is planting a seed of hope that he'll someday play in the NFL again.

After he does his time and he's trying to get back in to the NFL he's going to be saying he was guilty of dogfighting..."but I ain't never killed no dogs, man".

And if he pleads guilty to the gambling, he might be done in the NFL regardless of the killing dogs.

If the fed's had nothing on Vick for killing dogs, why is Poindexter planning on going after him for cruelty to animals?

Which brings up another factor: Just like the gambling charges, if he pleads guilty to killing animals, the state of Virginia is the double whammy to his hopes of ever playing in the NFL again.

All of this reeks of desperation!

If he is innocent of anything he should have never flinched in the first place. And he's lucky if the don't add to the charges now.....

I guess in his mind he hopes this work and that he can resume an NFL career after getting sentenced to 366 days (anything under a year cant be reduced by good behavior so 366 is better than less than 365) have it commuted to something substantially less. In his mind hell come back next year, do a lot of public service where he tries to make it seem like he's a good guy or even that he likes dogs as if thats going to work. Vick is only making it worse by trying to have it both ways. Hes trying to have his cake and eat it too. If he gets what he wants and can resume his career after this season the public sentiment will be much stronger than he realizes. The only way he can win the public is by paying a penalty that suits what he has done...and Vick doesnt understand this. He doesnt seem to realize that he cant win.

stnzed
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I guess in his mind he hopes this work and that he can resume an NFL career after getting sentenced to 366 days (anything under a year cant be reduced by good behavior so 366 is better than less than 365) have it commuted to something substantially less. In his mind hell come back next year, do a lot of public service where he tries to make it seem like he's a good guy or even that he likes dogs as if thats going to work. Vick is only making it worse by trying to have it both ways. Hes trying to have his cake and eat it too. If he gets what he wants and can resume his career after this season the public sentiment will be much stronger than he realizes. The only way he can win the public is by paying a penalty that suits what he has done...and Vick doesnt understand this. He doesnt seem to realize that he cant win.

I think you're right...And I think he's desperate right now!

theshiverman
08-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Everybody knows he didnt just bankroll the dog fighting just to be spending money, this guy was betting on this stuff, he is taking the best deal he could get, he thinks if he just does time for the conspiracy he might be able to get out in a year or two and Play Football again, but i belive he did kill dogs and he did bet on the matches his dogs were in and The NFL should ban him for life 5 seconds after he pleads quilty come monday morning that way he can sit in jail thinking about how killing those dogs screwed his life up and cost him millions of dollars, and at the same time show all the kids getting into sports what can happen to you when you get involved in this kind of crap.

lex
08-23-2007, 09:38 PM

Yeah, what would be amazing to see is what would happen if it did work out as he wanted and the public backlash was so strong that no owner would sign him regardless of whether Goodell lets him continue to play. Or if he does find his way on a roster, what will he do when he is hit in the head with a flying can of Alpo? If he was flipping off fans before, what will he do when confronted with the mob that is an angry public? It looks grim for this dude. Oh, and btw, the guy is entertaining perhaps but he is not a good QB. He has made nil progression as a passing QB. So he also has that working against him and its not like sponsors are clamoring to have him on an NFL team. Nike has already pulled a shoe from the shelves that was to hit the market this year and it will likely never see the light of day. If youre a public figure and theres is one thing you dont want to do to anger the public, being cruel to animals has to be at the top of the list, especially dogs. Youre probably better off killing or raping another person in the eyes of the public.

ChampWJ
08-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Did it ever occur that maybe that's what he's gonna plead because that's what the deal was? If he's been offered a deal that he only plead guilty to the conspiracy interstate travel charge, then why in the world would he say anything else? I seriously doubt they are just now coming up with this angle because the article said they've been negotiating what the terms of the plea would be all day, and probably for many days before it.

Also, why would the government all of a sudden pull the deal if that's what they offered him. He will plead guilty to whatever the government requires him to to fulfill the terms of the deal. No one knows what he was offered, so why don't we stop assuming.

Just because all of you are convinced he actually killed dogs based on the plea agreements of the other co-defendants (who by the way were much more involved in the hands on aspect of this case by reading the indictment) doesn't mean he did it.

crazythang
08-24-2007, 01:09 AM

Dont always jump the gun with what they say. there job is to say just that, but if they new everything about law they would not be commentaters they would be lawyers and vick would be counseling with them insted of his legall team. PLEASE wait and lets see who`s stupid.

crazythang
08-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Did it ever occur that maybe that's what he's gonna plead because that's what the deal was? If he's been offered a deal that he only plead guilty to the conspiracy interstate travel charge, then why in the world would he say anything else? I seriously doubt they are just now coming up with this angle because the article said they've been negotiating what the terms of the plea would be all day, and probably for many days before it.

Also, why would the government all of a sudden pull the deal if that's what they offered him. He will plead guilty to whatever the government requires him to to fulfill the terms of the deal. No one knows what he was offered, so why don't we stop assuming.

Just because all of you are convinced he actually killed dogs based on the plea agreements of the other co-defendants (who by the way were much more involved in the hands on aspect of this case by reading the indictment) doesn't mean he did it.

I am glad someone has enough common sense to not be influenced by the media. KEEP IT UP CHAMP- THATS REAL TALK.

crazythang
08-24-2007, 01:26 AM

BS. were you there? no. so how do you know if vick killed a dog or not. IF you think that mike vick went out and spent money on the best legal team for nothing then you must be stupid. understand he`s not making these decisions by himself and if the public were to go on everything that was said by the media Mike vick would have ran out of time before he even made the DEAL!:

crazythang
08-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Everybody knows he didnt just bankroll the dog fighting just to be spending money, this guy was betting on this stuff, he is taking the best deal he could get, he thinks if he just does time for the conspiracy he might be able to get out in a year or two and Play Football again, but i belive he did kill dogs and he did bet on the matches his dogs were in and The NFL should ban him for life 5 seconds after he pleads quilty come monday morning that way he can sit in jail thinking about how killing those dogs screwed his life up and cost him millions of dollars, and at the same time show all the kids getting into sports what can happen to you when you get involved in this kind of crap.

NO everybody dosen`t know that vick banckrolled the dog fighting,and what you believe really does not matter. there have been people that put down dogs for not performing in many different breeds of dogs but havent took the pounding that Mike VICK has.[BIRD DOGS][ HUNTING DOGS][RACE DOGS- GREY HOUNDS] AND NOT Encluding race horses.
Please remember MIKE VICK IS NOT OUT TO PLEASE YOU OR THE REST OF AMERICA AND IF HE DID WRONG HE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE AFTER HIS PUNISHMENT JUST AS WE ALL DO. SO REMEMBER WHEN YOU JUDGE SOMEONE ALWAYS LOOKED TO BE JUDGED, AND ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION, WHAT HAS MIKE VICK EVER DONE TO YOU.

Lorcust
08-24-2007, 04:03 AM

Not necessarily. Even if he was innocent, how many people do you think would actually believe him?

People already said he was guilty before a verdict anyway, so people aren't exactly reserved in their judgement of him.

He probably wanted to keep even more of the evidence against him in the dark, because the heinous crimes he's accused of are so sick that almost nobody is giving him the benefit of the doubt on this.

Not to say he's innocent, just stating that even if he was innocent, he'd have reason to accept a plea deal.

lex
08-24-2007, 08:37 AM

I am glad someone has enough common sense to not be influenced by the media. KEEP IT UP CHAMP- THATS REAL TALK.

The discussion I heard was focused on the judge not accepting the plea deal as well.

ChampWJ
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
The discussion I heard was focused on the judge not accepting the plea deal as well.

Yeah, I heard that too just a few minutes ago. It's definitely an interesting situation, and they're probably just doing all of this to drum up interest for ESPN's coverage of the plea hearing or whatever. Why else would this leak out early?

I don't really get why the judge would throw the deal out if both the prosecution and the defense were satisfied with it's fairness.

It's almost like people are so convinced he did these things, they don't want to see him get any kind of break. "What do you mean he doesn't have to plead guilty to killing dogs or gambling since we all know he did it. I heard it on ESPN".

And if this plea actually goes down the way it's described right now, that is the absolute best case scenario for Vick.

lex
08-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I heard that too just a few minutes ago. It's definitely an interesting situation, and they're probably just doing all of this to drum up interest for ESPN's coverage of the plea hearing or whatever. Why else would this leak out early?

I don't really get why the judge would throw the deal out if both the prosecution and the defense were satisfied with it's fairness.

It's almost like people are so convinced he did these things, they don't want to see him get any kind of break. "What do you mean he doesn't have to plead guilty to killing dogs or gambling since we all know he did it. I heard it on ESPN".

And if this plea actually goes down the way it's described right now, that is the absolute best case scenario for Vick.

OK, its not really E!SPN driving this though its part of their coverage. This idea that a judge might throw it out was mentioned by both of their legal analysts who are likely on retainer and not employed by E!SPN per se. Both Lester Munson and Roger Cossack have signed off on this possibility. One of the scwerdpunkts is the idea that the others who were pleading admitted to more and confessed that Vick was involved. Im not sure if its the same judge who is reviewing all of the plea deals but if it is, you can see where he might object. Also, I believe judges can force cases to trial if there is a public benefit that outweighs the plea deal. Im not 100% on that but I think thats right.

BaileyTheBest
08-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Ok, I was wrong. ESPN way overreacted and it turns out that was the deal that was agreed to. ESPN just played it up more than it should have been. Vick is still an idiot though! :D

saltybuggah
08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
the plea is in the books
so no more speculations about what he is admiting
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7151408?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10347

Michael Vick filed his plea agreement in federal court Friday admitting to conspiracy in a dogfighting ring and helping kill pit bulls. He denied ever betting on the fights, only bankrolling them.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback is scheduled to formally enter his plea Monday in U.S. District Court. He signed the plea agreement Thursday.
"Most of the Bad Newz Kennels operation and gambling monies were provided by Vick," a summary of facts in the case said, echoing language in plea agreements by three co-defendants who previously pleaded guilty.

The statement said that when the kennel's dogs won, the gambling proceeds were generally shared by Vick's three co-defendants Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

"Vick did not gamble by placing side bets on any of the fights. Vick did not receive any of the proceeds of the purses that were won by Bad Newz Kennels," the summary said.

According to the statement, Vick also was involved with the others in killing six to eight dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions last April. The dogs were executed by drowning or hanging.

"Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts" of Vick and two of the co-defendants, Phillips and Peace, the statement said.

In the plea agreement, the government committed to recommending a sentence on the low end of the federal sentencing guideline range of a year to 18 months. However, the conspiracy charge is punishable by up to five years in prison, and the judge is not bound by any recommendation or by the sentencing guidelines.

U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who will accept Vick's plea, has a reputation for imposing stiff sentences, according to lawyers who have appeared in his court. Vick will not be sentenced for several months.

"Our position has been that we are going to try to help Judge Hudson understand all the facts and Michael's role," Vick's lead defense attorney, Billy Martin, said in telephone interview. "Michael's role was different than others associated with this incident."

Martin said Vick will "speak to the public and explain his actions," but he declined to say whether that will occur in court or in a news conference after Monday's hearing.

The U.S. attorney's office, which has declined to comment on the case, said it would issue a statement after the hearing.

The case began in April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the former Virginia Tech star's Surry County property and found dozens of dogs, some injured, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting.

A federal indictment issued in July charged Vick, Peace, Phillips and Taylor with an interstate dogfighting conspiracy. Vick initially denied any involvement, and all four men pleaded innocent.

Taylor was the first to change his plea to guilty, saying Vick financed the dogfighting ring's gambling and operations. Peace and Phillips soon followed, disclosing that Vick joined them in killing dogs that did not perform well in test fights.

The sickening details outlined in the indictment and other court papers prompted a public backlash against Vick, who had been one of the NFL's most popular players.

Vick was barred from the Falcons training camp, but neither the NFL nor the team have taken further action.

Thursday night, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Vick's father said he asked his son to give up dogfighting, or to at least put property used in the venture in the names of others to avoid being implicated.

On Monday, Vick agreed to plead guilty in the federal dogfighting case in Richmond. He faces up to five years in prison and the possible end of his football career. Three co-defendants already pleaded guilty and were expected to testify against Vick if the case went to trial. In addition, a Virginia prosecutor is considering bringing state charges against Vick.

In The Journal-Constitution report posted on the newspaper's Web site Thursday night, Michael Boddie, who is estranged from Vick and the quarterback's mother, also said some time around 2001 his son staged dogfights in the garage of the family home in Newport News, Va.

Boddie told the newspaper Vick kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including dogs that were "bit up, chewed up, exhausted." Boddie claimed to have nursed the dogs back to health.

The indictment against Vick does not mention the parents' former home in Newport News.

In the report, Boddie dismissed the idea that Vick's longtime friends were the main instigators of the dogfighting operation.

"I wish people would stop sugarcoating it," Boddie told The Journal-Constitution. "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it ... likes it, and he has the capital to have a set up like that."

The report said Boddie and the Atlanta Falcons quarterback have had a volatile relationship for years and that his son has refused to speak with him directly for the last 2 1/2 months.

Boddie, 45, lives in an apartment his son has paid the rent on for the last three years. Vick, who has a $130 million contract with the Falcons, also gives him a couple of hundred dollars every week or two, the father told the newspaper.

In the report, Boddie also said he asked Vick for $1 million, spread out over 12 years, Vick declined, the father said. Recently, Boddie asked Vick, through an assistant, for $700,000 to live on.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

theshiverman
08-24-2007, 12:00 PM
NO everybody dosen`t know that vick banckrolled the dog fighting,and what you believe really does not matter. there have been people that put down dogs for not performing in many different breeds of dogs but havent took the pounding that Mike VICK has.[BIRD DOGS][ HUNTING DOGS][RACE DOGS- GREY HOUNDS] AND NOT Encluding race horses.
Please remember MIKE VICK IS NOT OUT TO PLEASE YOU OR THE REST OF AMERICA AND IF HE DID WRONG HE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE AFTER HIS PUNISHMENT JUST AS WE ALL DO. SO REMEMBER WHEN YOU JUDGE SOMEONE ALWAYS LOOKED TO BE JUDGED, AND ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION, WHAT HAS MIKE VICK EVER DONE TO YOU.

Well, you say he didnt bank roll it, but he just admitted today in his plea that he did bank roll it, the guy broke the law and he should be made an example of , too many high profile people get away with stuff , its time to show the young people what happens to you when you act like a fool, your personal views may be that there is nothing wrong with killing dogs for what ever reasons and having dog fights but the united states goverment dosent agree with you or Vick, and when it comes down to it guess who wins.:coffee: