PDA

View Full Version : Error with profile assignment to messages

BroncoCat
04-13-2004, 01:23 PM
I have experienced a problem with my messages being posted under another users profile. I am not sure how this is happening. Sometimes I open a second window so I can re-read a posted message and respond back to it in full.

I don't know if multiple open windows can cause havoc with your software but somehow my ID for my messages was posted under another ID. Please e-mail me and let me know if you need anymore information. This is a serious problem from many prospectives.

Sincerely,

BRONCOCAT

Jared
04-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by BroncoCat
I have experienced a problem with my messages being posted under another users profile. I am not sure how this is happening. Sometimes I open a second window so I can re-read a posted message and respond back to it in full.

I don't know if multiple open windows can cause havoc with your software but somehow my ID for my messages was posted under another ID. Please e-mail me and let me know if you need anymore information. This is a serious problem from many prospectives.

Sincerely,

BRONCOCAT

I can't email you. Its says you are not set up to recieve email from the board.

This has happened before. You might need to play with the cookie setting on your computer. I am not sure exactly what the problem is, since I am not technically inclined. Try clearing your cookies before logging on. It seems to be happening when there is high volume here.

BroncoCat
04-13-2004, 01:29 PM
On 4-12 at 10:48pm - I posted several messages as replys to a previous messages. They were suppose toi be posted under ID: BRONCOCAT but showed up under profile ID: BIGGESTFAN

BroncoCat
04-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Cleaning your cookies? I have never heard of this procedure. I am signed on as BRONCOCAT.

From a technical standpoint, it is the message board software that created the cookie, and reads the cookie, so that software is flawed.

I started out sending messages and posting messages that used my correct profile. Then, suddenly the profile changed.

This is a problem that your side needs to address because if someone were to be held accountable for slander or some or violation, a correct ID must be available or enforcing any rules would have no weight.

Also, how do you know who your talking to?

I hope you donít take this problem lightly, and seriously look into the matter with your Webmaster or software designer.

Jared
04-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by BroncoCat
Cleaning your cookies? I have never heard of this procedure. I am signed on as BRONCOCAT.

From a technical standpoint, it is the message board software that created the cookie, and reads the cookie, so that software is flawed.

I started out sending messages and posting messages that used my correct profile. Then, suddenly the profile changed.

This is a problem that your side needs to address because if someone were to be held accountable for slander or some or violation, a correct ID must be available or enforcing any rules would have no weight.

Also, how do you know who your talking to?

I hope you donít take this problem lightly, and seriously look into the matter with your Webmaster or software designer.

I never said I was taking the problem lightly.

I was just passing on what worked for me when I had the same problem.

Since I am only a moderator, you need to contact the folks in Colorado.

You can email admin at: HarbulaS@BRONCOS.NFL.com

BroncoCat
04-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Sure, I understand. Thanks...