• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmartin575
    Bench Warmer
    • Apr 2005

Dwayne Bowe voted rookie of the week

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Chiefs' Bowe voted Week 3 Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week
    National Football League

Voters on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service have made their choice. Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe of the Kansas City Chiefs is the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week for games played Sept. 23-24, the NFL announced Friday.

Bowe made five receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' 13-10 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday. Kansas City took the lead in the fourth quarter on Bowe's 16-yard touchdown catch, capping a 10-point comeback.

Bowe was selected from among five finalists through fan votes on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service. The other finalists were cornerback Leon Hall of the Cincinnati Bengals, safety LaRon Landry of the Washington Redskins, running back Marshawn Lynch of the Buffalo Bills and running back Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings.

After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service throughout the month of January -- just text the word PEPSI to short code 7777. Data and text messaging rates may apply. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLII in Arizona.

This is Pepsi's sixth year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the third year that Diet Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.
  • Geandily
    Bench Warmer
    • Dec 2006

Yeah I voted for him too, that was a great game he had. Hopefully he doesn't do it again against the Broncos

Comment

• KCLadyFan
      Still a Tony fan
      • Oct 2003

Thats cool....:thumb:

He did have a good game....
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

Congrats, good for him.

Comment

• stnzed
          Banned User
          • Oct 2005

So....

....much like Tamba Hali is the best DE in the league, Bowe is now the best WR in the league.

Man, the Chiefs are loaded...

Comment

• kmartin575
            Bench Warmer
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Geandily View Post
            Yeah I voted for him too, that was a great game he had. Hopefully he doesn't do it again against the Broncos
            If Kennison is back Bowe will be lined up on Bly and I think Bowe can beat Bly. Bowe doesn't have to outrun Bly because he has the strength and athleticism to take the ball away from most defensive backs.

However, if Bowe is lined up against Bailey then he really doesn't stand much of a chance.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• kmartin575
              Bench Warmer
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              ....much like Tamba Hali is the best DE in the league, Bowe is now the best WR in the league.

Man, the Chiefs are loaded...
              Have you not seen the Broncos homers saying Brandon Marshall will be better than Steve Smith and Chad Johnson?

You guys really don't have any room to talk.

Comment

• stnzed
                Banned User
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                Have you not seen the Broncos homers saying Brandon Marshall will be better than Steve Smith and Chad Johnson?

You guys really don't have any room to talk.
                Have you seen me say that?

I have as much room as I want....

Comment

• bluestars87
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2007

Bowe is looking like a great red zone target thus far.

"Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past..."
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-

Comment

• KCLadyFan
                    Still a Tony fan
                    • Oct 2003

Kudos to the Bronco fans for giving him his props...:thumb:

but there is ALWAYS someone that can't post without being

negative....
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

• Spyder
                      Starter
                      • Mar 2006

If Kennison is back Bowe will be lined up on Bly and I think Bowe can beat Bly. Bowe doesn't have to outrun Bly because he has the strength and athleticism to take the ball away from most defensive backs.

However, if Bowe is lined up against Bailey then he really doesn't stand much of a chance.
                      Nah, he stands a great chance because Peyton Manning aka Brodie Croyle will be throwing him da ball. :]

J/k. ;]>>

But congrats to Bowe, man. Another week like this and it'll be time to bring out that yellow jacket.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Dream
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

I think he's the best wide receiver in the league.

Comment

• TonyGFortheTD
                          Practice Squad
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                          I think he's the best wide receiver in the league.
                          I'm a huge Bowe homer and I wouldn't go that far. He fits the KC mold perfectly as a tough receiver that isn't afraid to put on a huge block or fight for the ball. Luckily for us, he's also forming to become a huge target for our future QB...whoever that may be.

While Herms gameday coaching is less than desireable, he's finally giving the fans young players to be excited over.

I just hope Brodie Croyle turns out good as well, as they can become a nice duo. If he can keep the mistakes to a minimum, Bowe could easily become a huge threat and superstar.

Comment

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
                            Banned User
                            • May 2006

@ Dream.

Thats some funny stuff.

But I watched the game(since it was the only game I got during the morning games).

And he impressed me on a few plays plus had a nice TD Catch.

So Props to Bowe.

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                              First Year Fan 1974
                              • Sep 2003

Bowe made five receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' 13-10 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday. Kansas City took the lead in the fourth quarter on Bowe's 16-yard touchdown catch, capping a 10-point comeback.
                              I am so sorry KCLady but damn.

That was the rookie of the week?

Chiefs win 13-10?

Although a win is a win, but for some reason that doesn't impress me too much. Kudos for him and the win, but 13 points won't cut it for the team.

Now she will neg me.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X