PDA

View Full Version : Jason Elam

RenoBroncoFan
09-17-2003, 08:22 AM
Hey Fellow Bronco Fans -

What say we rally together and show Jason what we think. He's undoubtedly the best kicker the Broncos have ever had, and is in my book as one of the best the NFL has ever seen.

Several years ago, prior to their uniform change, I was in Denver for a MNF game against Oakland (the Broncos smoked 'em by the way!) Prior to the game, I went into a Pro-Line shop and was looking to purchase a jersey for the game. Naturally, there were thousands of Elway jerseys, but I was looking for one that was unique. On the bottom of a stack in the back corner of the store, I found a home (orange) #1 Elam jersey -- so I bought it.

After the game, I was making my way through the parking lot behind the south stands at Mile High, and wouldn't you know it, I ran into Jason - himself. He said, "Hey, that's my shirt!" And I said, "Yes, it is." He replied, "I didn't know they were even selling 'em. Where'd you get it?" I told him I purchased it downtown, and he offered to sign it for me.

To make a long story short, I have it framed now, with his autograph showing on the left shoulder.

Jason - you'll always be the #1 toe the Broncos have ever had -- and I have the jersey to prove it.

broncosaddict
09-23-2003, 01:15 AM
Thank you for that tribute to Elam, he is
definatly the best kicker I've witnessed for the
Broncos and probably overall in my NFL time...
JASON 63 yards, we love you,

Oh yeah also the most consistent kicker!!!!!
So let's here it for #1

elwaymaniac
09-23-2003, 07:40 AM
your all right what happened to elam any way???

2 Minute Warning
09-23-2003, 10:37 AM
That's cool about the jersey!! I agree, he is GREAT and we are lucky to have him:)

Broncofan-13
09-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Elam is by far the best kicker the broncos have ever had, and one of the best in NFL history.

al_wilson_fan
09-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Elam is a great kicker! His consistency is excellent and I wouldn't want anyone else to be lining up a game-winning field goal in the clutch. My only criticism of him is why can't he kick off anymore? I know he used to have the leg, but since his back injury, it seems he lost some of his distance off the tee.

RealBronco
09-26-2003, 09:59 AM
I think it's nice for him to not have to kick off anymore. Knorr does a fine job of that. now Elam can focus on breaking his 63 yard record :D

I know he's totally capable of it. I mean, he missed a 70 yarder in pre-game warm-up by about a foot...come on...

Chubs_323
09-26-2003, 07:48 PM
63 yard field goal...

elamsgirl
09-28-2003, 09:16 PM
He is by far the greatest kicker the NFL has ever seen. He's also the cutest! It's no fair you got to meet him though, I've never even been to a game!

jbones733
09-28-2003, 09:53 PM
elamgirl your the best , wish my gf like bronco players , lol

elamsgirl
09-29-2003, 08:02 AM
lol. You single?

chiefrocka
09-29-2003, 10:19 AM
dear elam,

Thank you elam for getting me points and help me make money on my fantasy football. keep kicking except for next week. take a day off or something.

chiefrocka

elwaymaniac
09-30-2003, 04:15 PM
why did you stop kick off elam why why why boo hoo hoo hoo

RealBronco
10-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by elamsgirl
lol. You single?

I am ;)

(alright i'm probably a bit too late on this one)

BroncoGirly16
10-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Jason Elam in my opinion is the most consistant kicker out there. I believe the Broncos are lucky to have a kicker that has so much heart. YOU ROCK ELAM!!!! We can always count on you :)

broncobuc
10-02-2003, 01:50 PM
A kicker? who cares about a soccer player.

Bronco Babe
10-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Elam is a cool guy. I want to see him break the longest field goal record before he retires. Hope that is a long time from now!!

BatmanBronco
10-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Jason actually "introduced" me to the Broncos back in the early-90s after coming out of UH. (I live in Hawaii) I've followed him through his career and have four of his jerseys, 1 signed, and a lot more of his stuff. Total pride rushed through me when he kicked the 63-yarder. He also organizes a charity fund for the disabled... www.pointsforprogress.org. He's definately a great guy on and off the field and for that, I salute him and am proud to call him my hero.

Elway
10-11-2003, 11:27 PM
I don't know if Jason still has the leg strength to kick a 63 or beyond anymore, but he has performed well for the Broncos and I was glad they were able to keep him.

(even if he missed that 53 yarder at KC)

Go Broncos

JohnElway_Freak
10-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Jason Elam, is the best kicker the broncos ever had. If it wasn't for him, we would not have won the broncos vs. steelers game.

DieHard
10-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Last Season I pasted up Elam's atuograph at trainning camp I was wanting TDs. Today I like to say Sorry Elam. Your a great football player! Keep kicken the heck out of it!

BrOnCoFrEaK8725
10-19-2003, 02:20 PM
THATS WAY COOL MAN. JASON IS TRULY A LIVING LEGEND! I LUV HIM EVEN MORE SINCE HE PLAYED FOR THE COLLEGE OF MY HOME TOWN! THE UNIVERISTY OF HAWAII. HE EVEN SET THE RECORD FOR LONGETS FIELD GOAL-60 LONG YARDS DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD GOAL POST! I GREW UP WATCHING HIM. HE IS A TRUE BRONCO MANIAC! HE PLAYED WITH THE BRONX DURING THE SUPERBOWL IN 1994! MAY THE STAMPEED GO ON!

RarelyQuiet
10-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Elam rocks! I'm on the edge of my seat every time he lines up! I also think it's great that Knorr can do the kick offs and punts. That gives Jason time to concentrate on game winning field goals!

ltbenny
11-16-2003, 03:33 PM
I agree, Elam is my favorite player AND he's the best kicker in the league (though Treadwell and Karlis were okay). I wish Mike would give Jason the chance to BREAK the NFL record instead of being in a tie for life, that would shut up the Janikowski fans!!

BillyBoy
11-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Yup, Elam rules the kicking world!!

FreakyLordGumby
11-17-2003, 03:43 PM
It takes a real champion to come out time after time and continue to kick the field goals from anywhere