PDA

View Full Version : Felix Jones

denver30
01-25-2008, 09:19 PM
If Mike Shanahan returns to his old form and trades down resulting in missing Mendenhall and Stewart:sad:would you guys want Felix Jones? His running ability makes him hard to get the angle right to tackle him. He does need to show more power and tackle breaking ability but I think he would fit this system. And if he is not the franchise runner for us he does have a great kick return ability. Would you take him?

lancane
01-25-2008, 09:35 PM
If Mike Shanahan returns to his old form and trades down resulting in missing Mendenhall and Stewart:sad:would you guys want Felix Jones? His running ability makes him hard to get the angle right to tackle him. He does need to show more power and tackle breaking ability but I think he would fit this system. And if he is not the franchise runner for us he does have a great kick return ability. Would you take him?

Felix Jones would be a good fit, if we do not get Mendenhall, I would be elated to have Jones come in, I prefer him over Ol' McStewart!

;)

denver30
01-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Felix Jones would be a good fit, if we do not get Mendenhall, I would be elated to have Jones come in, I prefer him over Ol' McStewart!

;)

I don't know about over Stewart;) But I wouldn't mind trading down and stockpiling more first day picks and then taking Jones. I wouldn't mind that one bit:D

KWHIT97
01-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Mark my words, once Jones works out he WILL BE a top 15 pick.
Here's another BOLD prediction; he will be a better all around RB than Darren McFadden at the next level.
This guy has decent size at 6'0" 205 lbs and the frame to get bigger, he WILL run in the 4.35 range at the combine.
I think that he will be the 2nd RB taken when it is all said and done, he would be great fit for us and maybe share carries with Young and Hall in 08' and return kicks, by 09' he will be the main man in Orange n' Blue!!!

denver30
01-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Mark my words, once Jones works out he WILL BE a top 15 pick.
Here's another BOLD prediction; he will be a better all around RB than Darren McFadden at the next level.
This guy has decent size at 6'0" 205 lbs and the frame to get bigger, he WILL run in the 4.35 range at the combine.
I think that he will be the 2nd RB taken when it is all said and done, he would be great fit for us and maybe share carries with Young and Hall in 08' and return kicks, by 09' he will be the main man in Orange n' Blue!!!

Couldn't agree more:cheers:

Max Power
01-27-2008, 02:24 PM

;)

Jones lacks the strength and power of Stewart, and speed and quickness wise they are about the same. I'd take Stewart, I think he can handle the pounding better because he is used to carrying it 20 times a game and is better built for it. Stewart had 280 carries this season to Jones' 133. It's a no-brainer if you ask me!

;)

denver30
01-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Jones lacks the strength and power of Stewart, and speed and quickness wise they are about the same. I'd take Stewart, I think he can handle the pounding better because he is used to carrying it 20 times a game and is better built for it. Stewart had 280 carries this season to Jones' 133. It's a no-brainer if you ask me!

;)

You're right that Stewart would be a better pick!:D:cheers: But if we trade down and miss Stewart I wouldn't mind seeing Jones picked, would you?

Max Power
01-27-2008, 02:28 PM
You're right that Stewart would be a better pick!:D:cheers: But if we trade down and miss Stewart I wouldn't mind seeing Jones picked, would you?

nah I think he's a good back, plus he's a fine kick returner, an added bonus

KWHIT97
01-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I agree with the fact that Stewart would be the instant contributor that we need, while I think Jones may take 2 or 3 years to mold and put on weight, I would be thrilled with either one!!