PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall Video

mx_stiles13
01-27-2008, 11:52 AM
It only shows three of his plays, but check out his spin move on his last run! :salute:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=rss&vid=77ac0910-2dde-4d3b-8ab5-3f0be512fae3&from=33

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Cool, know who had a nice spin move as well in college?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR-swGk09mI

Too bad highlights don't make a player

kthxbai
01-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Cool, know who had a nice spin move as well in college?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR-swGk09mI

Too bad highlights don't make a player

So youre saying that Mendenhall won't be anything? He's not going to be a player? Mendenhall's highlights are way more impressive than Hall's, we've seen the highlights of one game, we've seen draft experts rank him up high.

So what exactly are you getting at?

denver30
01-27-2008, 02:51 PM
So youre saying that Mendenhall won't be anything? He's not going to be a player? Mendenhall's highlights are way more impressive than Hall's, we've seen the highlights of one game, we've seen draft experts rank him up high.

Experts are sometimes wrong. I don't think he will be a complete bust, I just think that Stewart because of his power (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yKR...eature=related) will be the better back.

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 02:54 PM
niether sterwert or mendenhall look like anything special, the only 2 guys I think in this draft that have star potential is mcfadden and kevin smith, you watch video of them and they look great, mendenhall and stewert both look average.

lancane
01-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Experts are sometimes wrong. I don't think he will be a complete bust, I just think that Stewart because of his power (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yKR...eature=related) will be the better back.

Stewart is dropping on some people's boards, Seattle would love to get him if they can. I would flat out say I think Mendenhall and Jones will be better pros then Stewart, but I do not think Stewart will be a bust either, actually I think all three will be good at the next level, but Stewart's power is only so inviting, and hands down I think Mendenhall will be better then Stewart, McFadden and Lynch who I was high on last year.

kthxbai
01-27-2008, 02:58 PM

well of course you say that, you're probably been a fan of his since he was a freshman :rolleyes:

denver30
01-27-2008, 02:59 PM
niether sterwert or mendenhall look like anything special, the only 2 guys I think in this draft that have star potential is mcfadden and kevin smith, you watch video of them and they look great, mendenhall and stewert both look average.

Average???!!! Have you watched Mendenhall or Stewart???!!! McFadden goes down too easily and Smith is only average :coffee:.

mx_stiles13
01-27-2008, 03:01 PM

Yeah thats why Mendenhall and Stewart both had outstanding college careers and will be taken in the 1st round while Kevin Smith is a 2-4 round pick.

I can tell you that Mendenhall will probably do better in the Broncos' system then McFadden would.

denver30
01-27-2008, 03:02 PM
well of course you say that, you're probably been a fan of his since he was a freshman :rolleyes:

Actually I had never watched him until the Sun Bowl. I have watched Mendenhall more than Stewart. Strictly judging from who will be a better back for Broncos, I like Stewart more.

denver30
01-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah thats why Mendenhall and Stewart both had outstanding college careers and will be taken in the 1st round while Kevin Smith is a 2-4 round pick.

I can tell you that Mendenhall will probably do better in the Broncos' system then McFadden would.

Couldn't agree more:cheers:

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Average???!!! Have you watched Mendenhall or Stewart???!!! McFadden goes down too easily and Smith is only average :coffee:.

Yes Ive watched them all, especially after everyone started talking about these backs, i acually was looking for somthing that stood out with these guys and nothing did, I dont know what you guys are watching, but kevin smith is not average. you cant watch him and think average, you might argue that he did not play the same type of teams, but you cant say he was average. and I dont know what darren mcfadden you watched, but the guy runs hard and make multiple big plays, Another problem that I have with "your" guys is that they played in the spread offense and that makes alot of backs look better with more open space, Kevin smith played in a traditional offense and every team was out to stop him and only him and he still had 2400 yards, yea average. Mcfadden played in a spread type offense somewhat also, but by watching him you can tell he is something special.

denver30
01-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Yes Ive watched them all, especially after everyone started talking about these backs, i acually was looking for somthing that stood out with these guys and nothing did, I dont know what you guys are watching, but kevin smith is not average. you cant watch him and think average, you might argue that he did not play the same type of teams, but you cant say he was average. and I dont know what darren mcfadden you watched, but the guy runs hard and make multiple big plays, Another problem that I have with "your" guys is that they played in the spread offense and that makes alot of backs look better with more open space, Kevin smith played in a traditional offense and every team was out to stop him and only him and he still had 2400 yards, yea average. Mcfadden played in a spread type offense somewhat also, but by watching him you can tell he is something special.

The only reason McFadden is highly touted is because he broke a 80 yard untouched run every now and again. But when the going got tough (like against Missouri) he shut down. When I watch Kevin Smith I see a decent NFL back, but not a superstar. Does this look average http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yKR...eature=related

or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfxPbfLTxIY
(The touchdown run by Mendenhall is exactly 40 seconds in.)

Wake up:coffee:

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM

by your logic, McFadden will do better than mendenhall because he is rated higher than mendenhall there for he will do better.
Mendenhall and stewart have had outstanding [B]collage[B] careers but Kevin Smith has had a better collage season. and by the look of the draft boards both mendenhall and stewert are late 1st round picks and I would not be suprised by the time the draft comes around, kevin smith gets picked in the high 2nd, but regardless of where they are picked, To ME, Kevin Smith is better than mendenhall and stewert, and I would rather have Smith or McFadden,

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 03:27 PM
The only reason McFadden is highly touted is because he broke a 80 yard untouched run every now and again. But when the going got tough (like against Missouri) he shut down. When I watch Kevin Smith I see a decent NFL back, but not a superstar. Does this look average http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yKR...eature=related

or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfxPbfLTxIY
(The touchdown run by Mendenhall is exactly 40 seconds in.)

Wake up:coffee:

Yea that does look average

mx_stiles13
01-27-2008, 03:27 PM
by your logic, McFadden will do better than mendenhall because he is rated higher than mendenhall there for he will do better.
Mendenhall and stewart have had outstanding [B]collage[B] careers but Kevin Smith has had a better collage season. and by the look of the draft boards both mendenhall and stewert are late 1st round picks and I would not be suprised by the time the draft comes around, kevin smith gets picked in the high 2nd, but regardless of where they are picked, To ME, Kevin Smith is better than mendenhall and stewert, and I would rather have Smith or McFadden,

I like the passion you have for Kevin Smith, but you are crazy :D

Have fun getting Shanahan to believe that Kevin Smith is better than Mendenhall/Stewart!

BroncoKazuki
01-27-2008, 03:30 PM

Smith is where he's at because others think he may not transfer well to the NFL pro leagues. Granted he nearly broke Sander's NCAA record but I doubt his school is what is going to keep him in the 2nd round. If he's 1st round talent he should be in the first round. Yet he's not so that means he's probably not 1st round talent but he's still damn good to be a RB that in the 2nd round.

He's right at the cut off for RB's that ive seen, in the 2nd round will be a split between starters and change of pace backs. Choice and Stewart will ink into the starter area, but he wont be that great, he'll be good but not great.

Stewart, Mendenhall and Jones. Espically Mendenhall who stood out during the USC game are going to be very special. If you cant see that, then your nothing more then a Kevin Smith homer. :coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-27-2008, 03:34 PM

Do yourself a favor and check out one of the millions of McFadden highlight videos on You Tube (seeing as how these appear to be the "measure of a good RB these days" for most of you) and then look at the one Stewart video and tell me again who you'd rather have. I know I'm not going to talk you out of Stewart, but badmouthing McFadden is not going to make Stewart a better RB or more likely to be drafted by the Broncos. Right now, you're trying to compare Adrian Peterson (McFadden) with a guy who did less than Marshawn Lynch (Stewart). Mcfadden had all the tools to be a man-among-boys in the NFL. Remember, Mcfadden was doing his work vs SEC defenses week in week out, not scrubby (With the exception of USC) Pac-10 defenses. At least give McFadden credit where it's due. Acting like he's no good and "goes down too easily" seeing as what he did in college really isn't a strong or credible argument. no, Mcfadden isn't exactly a "bulldozer" but neither is LT.

Either way, I can GUARANTEE you that if you put Mendenhall or Stewart in the same position as McFadden, the results would NOT be comparable! Actually, both probably would've backed up Felix Jones! :coffee:

BroncoKazuki
01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Do yourself a favor and check out one of the millions of McFadden highlight videos on yoiu tube and then look at the one Stewart video and tell me again who you'd rather have. I know I'm not going to talk you out of Stewart, but badmouthing McFadden is not going to make Stewart a better RB or more likely to be drafted by the Broncos. Right now, you're trying to compare Adrian Peterson (McFadden) with a guy who did less than Marshawn Lynch (Stewart). Mcfadden had all the tools to be a man-among-boys in the NFL. Remember, Mcfadden was doing his work vs SEC defenses week in week out, not scrubby (With the exception of USC) Pac-10 defenses. At least give McFadden credit where it's due. Acting like he's no good and "goes down too easily" seeing as what he did in college really isn't as strong argument.

Either way, I can GUARANTEE you that if you put Mendenhall or Stewart in the same position as McFadden, the results would NOT be comparable! Actually, both probably would've backed up Felix Jones! :coffee:

The way the arguement should go is.

McFadden will not be there. Someone will take him... so... lets talk about those who are not in the top 5. McFadden well he's born automatically to be a raider :cheers:

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I like the passion you have for Kevin Smith, but you are crazy :D

Have fun getting Shanahan to believe that Kevin Smith is better than Mendenhall/Stewart!

Its not so much a passion for Kevin Smith, I like alot of you want to see us get a dominent RB I think that will do wonders for our offense. But when I watch all these videos of mendenhall and stewert, I see good collage backs but nothing great, sorry if that hurts some of your feelings, McFadden and Smith In my opinion are great backs, mendenhall and stewert look like good backs, In my opinon you mendenhall and stewert backers are the ones that are a little to passionate, you guys want to take guys that are rated in the bottom half of the 1st round at pick 12? whos crazy, I on the other hand would like to take maybe another player in the 1st and get "My guy" smith in the 2nd, where i think he will end up after all the workouts before the draft, and if he slips to the 3rd even better because then we will get the 2nd best back in the draft at a bargin price. do me a favor and post up a smith video, a mcfadden video,and a stewert and mendenhall video as i am not computer savey enough to do it, and watch for yourself, and tell me honestly, with no blinders on who is better.
And you aint the 1st one to call me crazy:D

BroncoKazuki
01-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Its not so much a passion for Kevin Smith, I like alot of you want to see us get a dominent RB I think that will do wonders for our offense. But when I watch all these videos of mendenhall and stewert, I see good collage backs but nothing great, sorry if that hurts some of your feelings, McFadden and Smith In my opinion are great backs, mendenhall and stewert look like good backs, In my opinon you mendenhall and stewert backers are the ones that are a little to passionate, you guys want to take guys that are rated in the bottom half of the 1st round at pick 12? whos crazy, I on the other hand would like to take maybe another player in the 1st and get "My guy" smith in the 2nd, where i think he will end up after all the workouts before the draft, and if he slips to the 3rd even better because then we will get the 2nd best back in the draft at a bargin price. do me a favor and post up a smith video, a mcfadden video,and a stewert and mendenhall video as i am not computer savey enough to do it, and watch for yourself, and tell me honestly, with no blinders on who is better.

As i watched Smith all i see is another RB with some wear on the tires already. :coffee:

Granted his ethic is nice but moving down to grab Stewart, Mendenhall and Jones opens up opportunities to grab another draft pick. Minn trade their 1st our 3rd for our First ect..

mx_stiles13
01-27-2008, 03:45 PM

McFadden will go in the top 5 so we should leave him out of this.

Kevin Smith has great vision and decent balance.

Rashard Mendenhall is extremely fast, elusive, and strong. He seems to always know exactly what to do to make a play out of nothing.

Look at this Mendenhall video and tell me how he is average.

http://fightingillini.cstv.com/sports/coach-zook/ill-coach-zook-body.html

(click on Rashard Mendenhall Highlights in the right column)

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Smith is where he's at because others think he may not transfer well to the NFL pro leagues. Granted he nearly broke Sander's NCAA record but I doubt his school is what is going to keep him in the 2nd round. If he's 1st round talent he should be in the first round. Yet he's not so that means he's probably not 1st round talent but he's still damn good to be a RB that in the 2nd round.

He's right at the cut off for RB's that ive seen, in the 2nd round will be a split between starters and change of pace backs. Choice and Stewart will ink into the starter area, but he wont be that great, he'll be good but not great.

Stewart, Mendenhall and Jones. Espically Mendenhall who stood out during the USC game are going to be very special. If you cant see that, then your nothing more then a Kevin Smith homer. :coffee:

Im not a Kevin Smith hommer, and I did watch the USC game and I see a good back in mendenhall, not a great back, I also watched Kevin Smith, and I do see a special back, just like when I watch mcfadden, and just like I liked peterson last year, mendenhall i see a poor mans marshawn lynch, I guy that will or could be good in the pros, nothing more, if YOU cant see that then You are the one that is the homer:coffee::coffee:

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-27-2008, 04:02 PM

I'm getting at... When we actually have more holes to fill that are more important than a RB, everyone wants one in the first round in one of the deepest RB classes EVER. But when we didn't really need many positions like last year, and the year before that(And we didn't have much talent at the RB position), everyone said we'd be fine with what we have and we don't need to draft one in the first.

We can find a RB that could be just as productive as Mendenhall, Stewart, or Jones on day 2. And when we have pressing needs at OT, DT, S, and OLB, why in the world would we take a RB in round 1? It's stupid to me but whatever

mx_stiles13
01-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Kevin Smith is just a better version of Mike Bell, he lacks NFL speed.

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 04:05 PM
McFadden will go in the top 5 so we should leave him out of this.

Kevin Smith has great vision and decent balance.

Rashard Mendenhall is extremely fast, elusive, and strong. He seems to always know exactly what to do to make a play out of nothing.

Look at this Mendenhall video and tell me how he is average.

http://fightingillini.cstv.com/sports/coach-zook/ill-coach-zook-body.html

(click on Rashard Mendenhall Highlights in the right column)

Im still hoping against hope that we will some how trade up and get McFadden, but yea at this point it does not appear likely. and yes that video was well put together with some nice effects, but again I have seen all those, and I have watched a few games and Im sorry, I dont see a great back, I see a good back worthy of being picked in the late 1st, or 2nd round, I would rate Kevin Smith higher though. again MY OPINION, not yours. but if we do end up getting mendenhall I hope he turns out like you all think, and would not be upset because i think he is a upgrade over our current backs, I just dont think he is as good as Smith.

broncobuss
01-27-2008, 04:09 PM

says who? he hasnt been timed in collage yet, lets wait till the combine, but when you watch him on film, he looks very fast. besides you dont need 4.3 speed to dominate in the nfl, check terrell davis,

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-27-2008, 05:40 PM

So did Terrell Davis and Mike Anderson

kthxbai
01-27-2008, 05:45 PM
So did Terrell Davis and Mike Anderson

TD had game speed, he might have not ran the fastest 40 but he had nice game speed. But seriously, is that all you do? Compare one player to another to prove your point? Because that's all you've done in this thread

Cugel
01-27-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't see how anybody who watched the Rose Bowl could criticize Mendenhall for being "average." He only finished with 17 rushes for 155 yards and a TD.

It sure wasn't his fault they lost. :coffee:

I think he'll make an excellent back in the NFL and he reminds me a bit of the Patriots' Lawrence Maroney. He's not super-flashy, but solid and strong with good speed and drive. He could be a feature back for somebody in the NFL and I wouldn't be sad at all if the Broncos drafted him.

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
TD had game speed, he might have not ran the fastest 40 but he had nice game speed. But seriously, is that all you do? Compare one player to another to prove your point? Because that's all you've done in this thread

Nope, just do it to show you anythings possible.

kthxbai

MHS
01-27-2008, 11:58 PM
If the broncos take any RB in the first round it will be a mistake.

broncobuss
01-28-2008, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=Cugel;2092435]I don't see how anybody who watched the Rose Bowl could criticize Mendenhall for being "average." He only finished with 17 rushes for 155 yards and a TD.

It sure wasn't his fault they lost. :coffee:

I think he'll make an excellent back in the NFL and he reminds me a bit of the Patriots' Lawrence Maroney. He's not super-flashy, but solid and strong with good speed and drive. He could be a feature back for somebody in the NFL and I wouldn't be sad at all if the Broncos drafted him.[/QUOTE
Your right, hes not average, by me saying that he is average I didnt mean it as he didnt have no talent, he is good, I just dont think he is going to be great in the way TD was great. I think he can be a back more like a travis henry, not in styles but in that he can be a good back that gets 1300 yrds a year and be fairly consistant which is good just not great, same with stewert, teams will have to pay attention to him but they are not going to have to game plan for him, if you get what Im saying. McFadden on the other hand, has a chance to be like peterson was this year where he can take over games and have that 200 yard game here and there and really put the fear in the other team, his ceiling is higher. And I think that Smith has that same chance to do that, maybe he is a step below mcfadden and his chances to be great might be a little less than mcfadden, but the talent is there. stewert and mendenhall have a lower ceiling, Again its MY OPINION, and im not puting down the mendenhall and stewert backers with there opinions i just like smith better.

BroncoKazuki
01-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Your right, hes not average, by me saying that he is average I didnt mean it as he didnt have no talent, he is good, I just dont think he is going to be great in the way TD was great. I think he can be a back more like a travis henry, not in styles but in that he can be a good back that gets 1300 yrds a year and be fairly consistant which is good just not great, same with stewert, teams will have to pay attention to him but they are not going to have to game plan for him, if you get what Im saying. McFadden on the other hand, has a chance to be like peterson was this year where he can take over games and have that 200 yard game here and there and really put the fear in the other team, his ceiling is higher. And I think that Smith has that same chance to do that, maybe he is a step below mcfadden and his chances to be great might be a little less than mcfadden, but the talent is there. stewert and mendenhall have a lower ceiling, Again its MY OPINION, and im not puting down the mendenhall and stewert backers with there opinions i just like smith better.

When I look at Smith All I see is someone who's already starting to hit their prime earlier then expected. Granted I could be wrong, and that he came close to beat Sander's record, and we all know how Sanders was in his NFL career. Its just when I see Smith all I see is someone who's hit that prime in his career as a back and all thats left is just slow decline after a few years in the Pros.

McFadden will either be a major boom or bust in my view, he has to be able to take more hits and work on some other techniques but overall he could be good but it depends on the team he lands on... sadly he'll be a Rader due to Davis wanting a franchise back to compete with the likes of SD and KC and to piss of Shanahan.

Mendenhall, Stewart, Jones are still raw but their tangables have separated them from being those in the 2nd round and those who belong in the 1st round. They may not be as rated high as McFadden but they are slowly winding up to be something great depending on witch team they land on. If one of these 3 are drafted onto the Broncos team they will be something special. Not Davis special but their own special.

Just like how people are saying Cutler is the next Elway. Cutler is becoming something more special then Elway was. Any of the three backs, will not be like Davis they will be something more, and something more special to the Broncos Org.

I just dont think Smith will have it in the long haul as a RB, he seems to me like he's already hit his prime as a running back and from that point can only go downhill its a time bomb waiting to happen.

ChrisSimpy
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
When I look at Smith All I see is someone who's already starting to hit their prime earlier then expected. Granted I could be wrong, and that he came close to beat Sander's record, and we all know how Sanders was in his NFL career. Its just when I see Smith all I see is someone who's hit that prime in his career as a back and all thats left is just slow decline after a few years in the Pros.

McFadden will either be a major boom or bust in my view, he has to be able to take more hits and work on some other techniques but overall he could be good but it depends on the team he lands on... sadly he'll be a Rader due to Davis wanting a franchise back to compete with the likes of SD and KC and to piss of Shanahan.

Mendenhall, Stewart, Jones are still raw but their tangables have separated them from being those in the 2nd round and those who belong in the 1st round. They may not be as rated high as McFadden but they are slowly winding up to be something great depending on witch team they land on. If one of these 3 are drafted onto the Broncos team they will be something special. Not Davis special but their own special.

Just like how people are saying Cutler is the next Elway. Cutler is becoming something more special then Elway was. Any of the three backs, will not be like Davis they will be something more, and something more special to the Broncos Org.

I just dont think Smith will have it in the long haul as a RB, he seems to me like he's already hit his prime as a running back and from that point can only go downhill its a time bomb waiting to happen.

Ok I just don't understand how a RB in college has hit his prime a junior at that?? That is absolutely absurd and makes no sense:confused:.

By that logic you say Mendenhall is better so does that mean he has hit his prime too?

The RB class is deep lets not degrade RB's that arent you favorite ;).

BroncoKazuki
01-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok I just don't understand how a RB in college has hit his prime a junior at that?? That is absolutely absurd and makes no sense:confused:.

By that logic you say Mendenhall is better so does that mean he has hit his prime too?

I knew someone would call me out on it so I'll say this,

Kevin Smith to me looks like he's hit his prime, maybe if he stood for one more year to prove that he can repeat similar numbers like he did this year. I'd think he'll be in the top 15 RB's next year.

The fact is i doubt his school has knocked out of being in the top 20. I mean Jay Made in into top 15 and he came from Vanderbilt.

That means theres something, or someone who knows more then us see's something that has granted Kevin Smith to a 4th sport and I doubt the class would also keep him down. Smith is by far more Impressive then Mike Heart who's rated 3rd round.

Yet, something about Smith bothers me to no end, and what my train of thought has come up with is, "is that his peak? Will he go higher? or will he start to decline after a few years?"

Thats why i put out Barry Sanders and what Smith Came close to beating his record. I think those three questions make someone ponder if he's got what it takes to keep the same level that he's at now and make it convert to the NFL.

Im not knocking K.Smith I'm just saying what I see from him. I also doubt if he was that good I doubt his school would knock him into the 4th and I also doubt that the RB class would force him out to the 4th. C'mon the kid is damn better then Heart and Heart is rated Higher then Smith... now thats what makes me go "Hmm?" :coffee:

lancane
01-28-2008, 03:20 PM

I do not think he is degrading him Chris, simply stating the truth...not in the right words, scouts all over have mentioned that Smith may have trouble because the wear on his body, a lot of these backs now days come in and have a good year or two and are done, one reason why in the minds of some is too much strain physically...I think it is bogus, it is something to be leary about though, but I still think they can have good careers. But taking Smith to Mendenhall, Stewart or Jones is a risk factor, Smith is in the second or third round for a reason...just like Rice, Charles, Choice and those who fall later, like Forte and Dawson! With Smith's career numbers and running ability he should be a first round pick, many had Slaton going in the first round before the end of the season and now he may not even go in the 2nd round. We can not blame the program, there have been those from both Southern Florida and Central who have been first round products, so then it is layed on the athlete himself...cause if he was really that good, then he would be challenging Jones, Mendenhall and Stewart to be in the first round, and it is as simple as that.

ChrisSimpy
01-28-2008, 03:29 PM
I knew someone would call me out on it so I'll say this,

Kevin Smith to me looks like he's hit his prime, maybe if he stood for one more year to prove that he can repeat similar numbers like he did this year. I'd think he'll be in the top 15 RB's next year.

The fact is i doubt his school has knocked out of being in the top 20. I mean Jay Made in into top 15 and he came from Vanderbilt.

That means theres something, or someone who knows more then us see's something that has granted Kevin Smith to a 4th sport and I doubt the class would also keep him down. Smith is by far more Impressive then Mike Heart who's rated 3rd round.

Yet, something about Smith bothers me to no end, and what my train of thought has come up with is, "is that his peak? Will he go higher? or will he start to decline after a few years?"

Thats why i put out Barry Sanders and what Smith Came close to beating his record. I think those three questions make someone ponder if he's got what it takes to keep the same level that he's at now and make it convert to the NFL.

Im not knocking K.Smith I'm just saying what I see from him. I also doubt if he was that good I doubt his school would knock him into the 4th and I also doubt that the RB class would force him out to the 4th. C'mon the kid is damn better then Heart and Heart is rated Higher then Smith... now thats what makes me go "Hmm?" :coffee:

Well this still makes no sense college Junior hitting their prime? Why not call this year his breakout year instead of "he hit his prime" which makes no sense at all.

I never said I expect him to be a first round pick nor did I say where he will be drafted....

I was just stating that saying that he hit his prime and he will be on the decline is ridiculous.

His game might not even translate to the pro's. But saying its all down hill this prematurely I think is silly.

ChrisSimpy
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I do not think he is degrading him Chris, simply stating the truth...not in the right words, scouts all over have mentioned that Smith may have trouble because the wear on his body, a lot of these backs now days come in and have a good year or two and are done, one reason why in the minds of some is too much strain physically...I think it is bogus, it is something to be leary about though, but I still think they can have good careers. But taking Smith to Mendenhall, Stewart or Jones is a risk factor, Smith is in the second or third round for a reason...just like Rice, Charles, Choice and those who fall later, like Forte and Dawson! With Smith's career numbers and running ability he should be a first round pick, many had Slaton going in the first round before the end of the season and now he may not even go in the 2nd round. We can not blame the program, there have been those from both Southern Florida and Central who have been first round products, so then it is layed on the athlete himself...cause if he was really that good, then he would be challenging Jones, Mendenhall and Stewart to be in the first round, and it is as simple as that.

I never said anything about where the RB's will go or are projected. Although I'm amused that the 2 people that are leading the Mendenhall wagon used it in both replies to my post :cheers:.

I was just stating writing someone off or saying they hit their prime and they only have one or two years left when they are a junior RB is crazy :goofy:.

lancane
01-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I never said anything about where the RB's will go or are projected. Although I'm amused that the 2 people that are leading the Mendenhall wagon used it in both replies to my post :cheers:.

I was just stating writing someone off or saying they hit their prime and they only have one or two years left when they are a junior RB is crazy :goofy:.

I agree with that, I was stating I think it was just bad use of the term, and that he was not really degrading Smith himself, just what everyone else questions with him and that is the wear he has sustained!

;)

rockrules40
01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
with so much talent at RB this year i just dont want to spend a first round draft pick on a RB when we could get a solid guy in the 2nd-4th rounds

ChrisSimpy
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I agree with that, I was stating I think it was just bad use of the term, and that he was not really degrading Smith himself, just what everyone else questions with him and that is the wear he has sustained!

;)

Ok fair enough

broncobuss
01-28-2008, 05:18 PM

I must be missing somthing about Smith, like you said he is not going to slip under the radar now days, but am I wrong, does he not have about the same size as Adrian Peterson, so hes not a small back, so size is not a concern, and speed, i dont know what it is (I dont think anyone will until the combine), but he looks very fast on tape. He took over games and was unstopable, and against good compatition. He (for our team) runs a same kind of system as ours and he is young still a junior but all the experts say he is the 4th or worst back in the draft, when I first saw him play I thought that this guy is not going to last past the 5th pick overall, he was amazing, So chances are I may be wrong, but I dont think so,(I cant remember the last time I was wrong:smug:) we will get a better feel for him after the combine as fas as where he stands against all the others

lancane
01-28-2008, 05:25 PM
with so much talent at RB this year i just dont want to spend a first round draft pick on a RB when we could get a solid guy in the 2nd-4th rounds

Solid and just as much a risk as Clarett was, it is not like the running back class is like the receiver class where their is some talent pushed because of depth at the position, look how many first round offensive tackles there are...if Mendenhall, Jones, McFadden and Stewart did not declare then just as people have mentioned with Phillips and Smith at safety, there would be lack of talent and it would thin out the draft and someone would be taken higher then he should be...Johnson and Slaton would maybe would be latter first round picks, but not one of those others would be in the first round, even Slaton might not have been. So how is that really solid? Because you think so? No, it is not solid...it is the effect of having four first round halfbacks which make it look so. It is the same with every other position in the draft, if Dorsey did not declare, then would there really be a first round caliber defensive tackle other then Ellis? Or would it be more that someone of need ended up graded higher then should be? Just cause someone did well in college and they are solid does not mean they are talented, they are graded according to projection to the NFL, or Smith would be a first round pick.

lancane
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I must be missing somthing about Smith, like you said he is not going to slip under the radar now days, but am I wrong, does he not have about the same size as Adrian Peterson, so hes not a small back, so size is not a concern, and speed, i dont know what it is (I dont think anyone will until the combine), but he looks very fast on tape. He took over games and was unstopable, and against good compatition. He (for our team) runs a same kind of system as ours and he is young still a junior but all the experts say he is the 4th or worst back in the draft, when I first saw him play I thought that this guy is not going to last past the 5th pick overall, he was amazing, So chances are I may be wrong, but I dont think so,(I cant remember the last time I was wrong:smug:) we will get a better feel for him after the combine as fas as where he stands against all the others

Yes, some athletes fall...some look not as stout as others and may be available in the fourth or fifth rounds, like Marshall or Thomas, even Dumervil...but you can not always count that they will fit, it is a risk...one that has panned out for us before, but it will not always. Tashard Choice right now is considered a 2nd round graded back, Smith is a 3rd round graded back as of this moment, so here comes Choice, Davis would have been a top round halfback if not for his few issues in College, but not always can you grasp that mindset to fix your team, Moss has not proven anything yet, maybe we should never draft a defensive linemen in the first round...hell of them all Pryce is the only one who really did anything! My point is that just cause it looks like quality, does not mean it is...and if you keep taking from the latter athletes at a position it is a bigger gamble then going outright and at least trying to add quality.