PDA

View Full Version : Post senior bowl mock

beastlyskronk
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm bored so I'll post a new mock draft which is dependent on one thing.

If Lynch retires

Free Agency
Gibril Wilson
Randy Starks
DJ Hackett

Trades
Trade 1st and Javon Walker for Minnesota 1st and original 3rd

Rd. 1 Dre Moore
Rd. 2 Anthony Collins
RD. 3 Matt Forte
Rd. 4 Jordan Dizon
Rd. 4 Titus Brown
Rd. 5 Dexter Jackson
Rd. 5 Jehuu Caulcrick
Rd. 7 Mike Dragosavich
Rd. 7 Leon Hart

If Lynch doesn't retire

Free agency
Corey Williams
DJ Hackett

No trades

Rd. 1 Kenny Phillips
Rd. 2 Anthony Collins
Rd. 4 Titus Brown
Rd. 4 Jordan Dizon
Rd. 5 Dexter Jackson
Rd. 5 Jehuu Caulcrick
Rd. 7 Jason Shirley
Rd. 7 Mike Dragosavich

I know there's not much change but that's because both drafts adress needs. I know you may question the Titus Brown pick because he's a lot like Ian Gold in body weight but Titus is a great pass rusher and I think Jordan Dizon can play SAM and WILL because he's that damn versatile.

BroncoKazuki
01-29-2008, 09:09 PM

If Lynch retires

Free Agency
Gibril Wilson
Randy Starks
DJ Hackett

Trades

Rd. 1 Dre Moore
Rd. 2 Anthony Collins
RD. 3 Matt Forte
Rd. 4 Jordan Dizon
Rd. 4 Titus Brown
Rd. 5 Dexter Jackson
Rd. 5 Jehuu Caulcrick
Rd. 7 Mike Dragosavich
Rd. 7 Leon Hart

If Lynch doesn't retire

Free agency
Corey Williams
DJ Hackett

No trades

Rd. 1 Kenny Phillips
Rd. 2 Anthony Collins
Rd. 4 Titus Brown
Rd. 4 Jordan Dizon
Rd. 5 Dexter Jackson
Rd. 5 Jehuu Caulcrick
Rd. 7 Jason Shirley
Rd. 7 Mike Dragosavich

I know there's not much change but that's because both drafts adress needs. I know you may question the Titus Brown pick because he's a lot like Ian Gold in body weight but Titus is a great pass rusher and I think Jordan Dizon can play SAM and WILL because he's that damn versatile.

Where do i start...

First of the Trade will be screwing us first off. Javon is worth a 4th if not 6th

our 1st is worth 1200 points so Minn's first is 1000pts and our 3rd is 200 pts so our 1st for Minn's 1st and our 3rd is an equal trade.

Kenny Phillips as he's good and all will be gone :coffee:

Dre Moore at 1st is a reach:coffee:

most of it is so/so the rest of it makes me scrtch my head.

aldenbroncos
01-29-2008, 09:14 PM

If Lynch retires

Free Agency
Gibril Wilson
Randy Starks
DJ Hackett

Trades

Rd. 1 Dre Moore
Rd. 2 Anthony Collins
RD. 3 Matt Forte
Rd. 4 Jordan Dizon
Rd. 4 Titus Brown
Rd. 5 Dexter Jackson
Rd. 5 Jehuu Caulcrick
Rd. 7 Mike Dragosavich
Rd. 7 Leon Hart

If Lynch doesn't retire

Free agency
Corey Williams
DJ Hackett

No trades

Rd. 1 Kenny Phillips
Rd. 2 Anthony Collins
Rd. 4 Titus Brown
Rd. 4 Jordan Dizon
Rd. 5 Dexter Jackson
Rd. 5 Jehuu Caulcrick
Rd. 7 Jason Shirley
Rd. 7 Mike Dragosavich

Dre Moore is not a first rounder or even a second

elevation INC
01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Dre Moore is not a first rounder or even a second

I'm no scout but i think your off a little on where Dre moore, matt Forte and Mike Dragonvonsich will be

Dre Moore= 2nd-3rd talent
Matt Forte= 4th rd talent
Mike D= 5-6th rd talent

i like some of your picks though like collins, and dizon

beastlyskronk
01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
My bad I put Dre Moore but I was thinking of Kentwan Balmer. I know that's a reach but we need a DT and it's a smaller reach than Moore.

Forte has moved up on some boards to a mid 3rd early 4th round selection.

How in the world will Kenny Phillips be gone? The Saints need a corner not a safety. They signed Kevin Kaesivaharn last year and they still have Roman Harper who is a damn decent safety. The Redskins won't trade up and take a safety because they have bigger needs at other positions. I think they'll take Keith Rivers. No one else ahead of us will take a safety. BTW I know the Skins don't pick ahead of us.

Minnesota won't take the trade unless we give up a proven receiver which is what they need and that is what Javon is when healthy. They won't take a risk on a rookie if they don't have to. Owners, coaches, gms, presidents and all other decision makers don't look at points and what each pick is worth.

richardthebronco
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Since shanahan has been burned or make that singed ! i wonder if the broncos will sign any high priced FA'S this off season, Travis henry is THE POSTER BOY FOR OUR MISTAKES. they could take a page from the Patriots 2001 playbook and sign guys WHO ARE SOLID PLAYERS, GOOD ROLE PLAYERS AND WHO WILL NOT BREAK THE SALERY CAP.what does everyone think? :coffee:

beastlyskronk
01-31-2008, 04:49 PM
You have to sign free agents because they're are too many needs to fix in the draft. Gibril is a solid safety who as far as I know hasn't been in trouble much. Randy had one incident in 2004 I think but that's it. Besides he doesn't even start but he has a tremendous upside and he's only 24. DJ Hackett never in trouble doesn't start for Seattle but he's a solid receiver.

slick7
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd like to know how anybody thinks Javon is worth a pick to any team. They know we have to restructure or cut him. Does anybody honestly think another team will pick up that contract with the attitude and injury problems he's had?

I don't think Minnesota is that desperate, I'm sure they'd rather draft a kid than deal with Javon.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd like to know how anybody thinks Javon is worth a pick to any team. They know we have to restructure or cut him. Does anybody honestly think another team will pick up that contract with the attitude and injury problems he's had?

I don't think Minnesota is that desperate, I'm sure they'd rather draft a kid than deal with Javon.

Minn would love to get a vet WR for their QB project. Plus with Javon on his last legs (so to speak) he's worth a good sum of a 5th rounder.

Plus i see us trading our 1st and Javon to them for their 1st 3rd and 5th. So that gives us an extra 5th to play around with. Still its all speculation. But Javon at best is worth a 5th at worst an 6th.

Bronkster
01-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I would love to see Kenny Phillips as a Bronco. I say we keep out first rounder and hope he falls to us. Either him or Sedrick Ellis.

DON'T trade Javon. Okay so he told reporters that Denver might not be the best place for him, but why can't we just make him stick it out. Get Cutler to talk some sense into him. Our receiving core would be SO solid if he came back.

BF
01-31-2008, 05:20 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

slick7
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Minn would love to get a vet WR for their QB project. Plus with Javon on his last legs (so to speak) he's worth a good sum of a 5th rounder.

Plus i see us trading our 1st and Javon to them for their 1st 3rd and 5th. So that gives us an extra 5th to play around with. Still its all speculation. But Javon at best is worth a 5th at worst an 6th.

Don't you think they'd rather go with Berrian, Clayton, Johnson, players that are still vets, but younger and less self absorbed or injury prone?

I just think we're sort of homerish to think that anyone really wants him enough to spend a draft pick. I don't think teams are lighting up the phones, or worrying if he does get cut, competing with other teams for his services.

If we do trade him, it leaves another hole on the roster, and taking away weapons from Cutler is going in the wrong direction. I guess you guys have more faith in Shanahan's drafting abilities than I do.

Sorry for getting off topic Beastly, and I agree about Hackett. I think he would fit here nicely.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
I would love to see Kenny Phillips as a Bronco. I say we keep out first rounder and hope he falls to us. Either him or Sedrick Ellis.

DON'T trade Javon. Okay so he told reporters that Denver might not be the best place for him, but why can't we just make him stick it out. Get Cutler to talk some sense into him. Our receiving core would be SO solid if he came back.

the RB prospects for next year is not as good as this year. So we stick with the fodder RB by committee for one more year .. so on and so on... always making the playoffs but never getting there because we don't have a true Franchise RB that can pound the ball. While the Fodder from the 2008 draft disappears, the wasted pick in 2009 disappears and so on.

Next year is prime choice for defense :thumb: if you don't believe me look at the ILB't that were going to declare this year are going to next year, the Safeties that are far better then this year Safety class and the DT's that far more better then the DT's this class.

This year is more suited for, RB/OT/WR/OLB. :salute:

BF
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM

Javon at best is to take a pay cut or be cut. You get zero compensation for a cut player. Do you honestly think other teams are that gullable. Shanny has a deadline to make that decision .

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Don't you think they'd rather go with Berrian, Clayton, Johnson, players that are still vets, but younger and less self absorbed or injury prone?

I just think we're sort of homerish to think that anyone really wants him enough to spend a draft pick. I don't think teams are lighting up the phones, or worrying if he does get cut, competing with other teams for his services.

If we do trade him, it leaves another hole on the roster, and taking away weapons from Cutler is going in the wrong direction. I guess you guys have more faith in Shanahan's drafting abilities than I do.

Sorry for getting off topic Beastly.

True, but people still would look for, the Moss.. TO type even tho prospects like Berrian, Clayton and Johnson would be far better picks over Javon.

Still what can get the crowds cheering is a showboating WR who has an ego the size of a stadium.

Plus I dont think by dumping off Javon we'll be going backwards, I mean Jay has been advocating his old WR buddy from Vandy. As well there are good young WR in round 2, 3 and 4 witch we can get at a cheaper price then Javon's current price tag.

beastlyskronk
01-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Any way you slice Kenny Phillips will be good and Kentwan Balmer, Pat Sims, amongst other DTs not named Glenn Dorsey/Sedrick Ellis will be good. Defense wins championships. I think our offense is fine. We put up 30 points on some teams. We just need to find the consistency to do that every game. The defense has to stop the other teams from scoring the offense can't do it all.

slick7
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
True, but people still would look for, the Moss.. TO type even tho prospects like Berrian, Clayton and Johnson would be far better picks over Javon.

Still what can get the crowds cheering is a showboating WR who has an ego the size of a stadium.

Plus I dont think by dumping off Javon we'll be going backwards, I mean Jay has been advocating his old WR buddy from Vandy. As well there are good young WR in round 2, 3 and 4 witch we can get at a cheaper price then Javon's current price tag.

OK. I see your point. If those Wr's pan out. We've got more Darius Watts and Ashley Lelies, than Brandon Marshalls in drafts past.

And, we're still going to be stuck paying Javon something to make him go away, not to mention we've got an underproducing over paid starting RB situation to straighten out.

I hope Shanahan has his gloves and overalls on, he's got one hell of a mess to clean up, and noone to blame but himself.

BF
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM

LET'S FORGET JAVON AND CHALK IT UP AS A TOTAL LOSS AND LEARN FROM IT. I DO AGREE WITH YOU AND LET'S GET OUR FRANCHISE BACK IN THE FIRST. PREFERABLY, RASHARD MENDENHALL. WR IN THE 2ND-4TH RD. EARL BENNETT OR JORDY NELSON IN THE 3RD BEFORE KC (THEY'RE' VERY INTERESTED) GOES AFETR HIM.

slick7
01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Any way you slice Kenny Phillips will be good and Kentwan Balmer, Pat Sims, amongst other DTs not named Glenn Dorsey/Sedrick Ellis will be good. Defense wins championships. I think our offense is fine. We put up 30 points on some teams. We just need to find the consistency to do that every game. The defense has to stop the other teams from scoring the offense can't do it all.

Absolutely agree.

Too bad we're out of the running for either one of those DT's.

Although, another forum I frequent has ideas about trading Foxy and using that pick plus another from this draft to try to move up for Ellis or Dorsey.

If not, I'd rather see LT or a trade down. Those other DT's arent worth a 12, and we don't need to be reaching at this point.

We're going to need two solid drafts and couple smart FA signings to be in contention again IMO.

beastlyskronk
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Absolutely agree.

Too bad we're out of the running for either one of those DT's.

Although, another forum I frequent has ideas about trading Foxy and using that pick plus another from this draft to try to move up for Ellis or Dorsey.

If not, I'd rather see LT or a trade down. Those other DT's arent worth a 12, and we don't need to be reaching at this point.

We're going to need two solid drafts and couple smart FA signings to be in contention again IMO.

I really think we'll draft Kenny Phillips and sign Corey Williams or another DT. I really don't think we'll release or be able to trade Travis Henry. We'll probably give him another chance to prove himself.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 06:05 PM
I really think we'll draft Kenny Phillips and sign Corey Williams or another DT. I really don't think we'll release or be able to trade Travis Henry. We'll probably give him another chance to prove himself.

I'll put it simple. We will not draft an Safety in the first because out of all the Safeties Phillips is the best in this year, while next year you got maybe 5-10 really good Safeties if not the same level or higher then Phillips.

Its like this I'll put it very simple

Lets say for the sake of argument you want to buy a new Game system. So we have the xBox360 witch came out ahead of the Wii and PS3.

Now the price for the 360 when it came out was around 400-500 dollars. So do you spend the 500 dollar price tag on the 360 since its a "Must have"? if your a fan yes... while the pratical person would do some foresight and look at the trends of previous years on how the origonal Xbox dropped in price. Plus what competition is out there.

Now the year passes and you dont pull the trigger, so your looking at the 360 still and now its at a 350 dollar price tag and has more bang for your buck (in the games area + features)

Then the Wii comes out with a 250 dollar price tag and has more bang for its buck (due to launching with titles as well)

Then the PS3 comes out as the highest rated system on the market over the 360 and Wii, but cost a nasty 900 dollar price tag.

So what do you do, Go for the PS3 because its rated higher, even though you got the money to buy it thats 900 dollars you have to pay plus waiting time on titles.

The Wii that comes out good bang for your buck at 250 dollars plus has some quality titles and is rated really well with upside.

Or the 360 witch can compete with the PS3 due to system strength but now is cheaper at 350 instead of that hefty 500 dollar price tag.

So if You waited you can choose between those 3 the year after when you see the competition and dont suffer from Buyers remorse.

Thats how I see us drafting on the Defense.

RB i see more like Cars :cheers:

beastlyskronk
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
I'll put it simple. We will not draft an Safety in the first because out of all the Safeties Phillips is the best in this year, while next year you got maybe 5-10 really good Safeties if not the same level or higher then Phillips.

Its like this I'll put it very simple

Lets say for the sake of argument you want to buy a new Game system. So we have the xBox360 witch came out ahead of the Wii and PS3.

Now the price for the 360 when it came out was around 400-500 dollars. So do you spend the 500 dollar price tag on the 360 since its a "Must have"? if your a fan yes... while the pratical person would do some foresight and look at the trends of previous years on how the origonal Xbox dropped in price. Plus what competition is out there.

Now the year passes and you dont pull the trigger, so your looking at the 360 still and now its at a 350 dollar price tag and has more bang for your buck (in the games area + features)

Then the Wii comes out with a 250 dollar price tag and has more bang for its buck (due to launching with titles as well)

Then the PS3 comes out as the highest rated system on the market over the 360 and Wii, but cost a nasty 900 dollar price tag.

So what do you do, Go for the PS3 because its rated higher, even though you got the money to buy it thats 900 dollars you have to pay plus waiting time on titles.

The Wii that comes out good bang for your buck at 250 dollars plus has some quality titles and is rated really well with upside.

Or the 360 witch can compete with the PS3 due to system strength but now is cheaper at 350 instead of that hefty 500 dollar price tag.

So if You waited you can choose between those 3 the year after when you see the competition and dont suffer from Buyers remorse.

Thats how I see us drafting on the Defense.

RB i see more like Cars :cheers:

This will probably be Lynch's last year. I'd rather let Phillips learn under him for a year rather than throw some rookie safety in next year's draft into the mix without knowing as much as Phillips would.

If RBs are like cars then you can get a good RB every year. If safeties are like game systems then you can only get a good one every couple of years.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 06:25 PM
This will probably be Lynch's last year. I'd rather let Phillips learn under him for a year rather than throw some rookie safety in next year's draft into the mix without knowing as much as Phillips would.

If RBs are like cars then you can get a good RB every year. If safeties are like game systems then you can only get a good one every couple of years.

I've had my Honda for 11 years already,

not like my friend who bought a GMC and just had to get a new one after a year due to some problems he had with it and still refuses to get a Honda.

I'd rather sign a vet Safety to complment Lynch this year and draft a rookie Safety next year. Since next year's safety class is very strong and theres more competition for the top 25 then there is this year.

Then to keep drafting RB's every year like Lemons. FYI, next years RB class is very Weak:coffee:

Max Power
01-31-2008, 06:32 PM

not like my friend who bought a GMC and just had to get a new one after a year due to some problems he had with it and still refuses to get a Honda.

I'd rather sign a vet Safety to complment Lynch this year and draft a rookie Safety next year. Since next year's safety class is very strong and theres more competition for the top 25 then there is this year.

Then to keep drafting RB's every year like Lemons. FYI, next years RB class is very Weak:coffee:

Not necessarily. Guys like Chris Wells and C.J. Spiller could come out early, among others. Hell, if it wasn't for juniors declaring early for this draft, this RB class would have been weak.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Not necessarily. Guys like Chris Wells and C.J. Spiller could come out early, among others. Hell, if it wasn't for juniors declaring early for this draft, this RB class would have been weak.

Yes and I agree with that, This year would have been a no brainer to go Defense.

Then looking at Phillips, Moore, ect looks even more like a possiblity.

Thats why this years draft makes it harder to call the shots but its open agreement this may be the best pick for a RB in this year then next year just due to the massive talent influx of Juniors.

beastlyskronk
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM

D-Mac=Lambourghini
Johnathan Stewart=Monster Truck
Rashard Mendenhall=Corvette
Matt Forte=Avalanche
Felix Jones=Chevelle
Steve Slaton=Charger
Mike Hart=Toyota
Chauncey Washington=Pontiac

Those are some of the backs off the top of my head I can compare to cars and trucks. I only wish I could compare someone to a boat or a plane.

BTW my favorite is the Avalanche.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
D-Mac=Lambourghini
Johnathan Stewart=Monster Truck
Rashard Mendenhall=Corvette
Matt Forte=Avalanche
Felix Jones=Chevelle
Steve Slaton=Charger
Mike Hart=Toyota
Chauncey Washington=Pontiac

Those are some of the backs off the top of my head I can compare to cars and trucks. I only wish I could compare someone to a boat or a plane.

BTW my favorite is the Avalanche.

Mendenhall is more of the Saab and Stewart is more like a Ford Heavy Duty Truck.

Heart is more of a Saturn and Washington I'll agree on.

Man i really want a Saab-93 those things are sweet :cheers: