PDA

View Full Version : Neat, new TRADE idea!!!

KWHIT97
01-30-2008, 12:10 AM
I've been hearing all of this stuff about how Jerry Jones WANTS Darren McFadden and is willing to give up just about anything to move up to get him.

Well I feel there is no way in HE** that he can move up from 22 to the top 5 to select DMac so I think he is going to have to move up in steps the same way Shanahan did to get Cutler.

Jones has thrown 3 names on the trading block, RB Marion Barber, DE Marcus Spears, and LB Bobby Carpenter. We could use them all.

With all this in mind I have a trade with the Cowboys that I feel would be very possible and would help us immensely, so without further ado;

Cowboys get; Broncos get;
WR Javon Walker RB Marion Barber
Our 1st rd. pick (#12) LB Bobby Carpenter
A 4th rd. pick (latest one) Their 1st rd. pick (#22)

I'm not totally sure on what the value meter would say about this trade but I feel it is pretty even.
We get rid of our dead-weight (Javon), and pick up 2 possible starters that are still young, Dallas gets Romo another weapon, move up 10 spots in there pursuit to get McFadden and gain a 4th round pick in the process!!!
This way I think if McFadden were to fall out of the top 5 then Dallas could package their 2 1st rounders and maybe a later pick to move up into the top 5, therefore they get what they want and we get what we need, plus at 22 there will alot better VALUE picks instead of us having to reach for someone and the need for a RB and LB is gone.
This is what our draft would then look like!!!
Rd1. OT Sam Baker
Rd2. S DaJuan Morgan
Rd4. DT Frank Okam
Rd5. WR/KR Dexter Jackson
Rd5. LB David Vobora
Rd7. FB
Rd7. Punter

OK, probably very unlikely, but hey I can dream right!!!

BroncoKazuki
01-30-2008, 12:26 AM
I've been hearing all of this stuff about how Jerry Jones WANTS Darren McFadden and is willing to give up just about anything to move up to get him.

Well I feel there is no way in HE** that he can move up from 22 to the top 5 to select DMac so I think he is going to have to move up in steps the same way Shanahan did to get Cutler.

Jones has thrown 3 names on the trading block, RB Marion Barber, DE Marcus Spears, and LB Bobby Carpenter. We could use them all.

With all this in mind I have a trade with the Cowboys that I feel would be very possible and would help us immensely, so without further ado;

Cowboys get; Broncos get;
WR Javon Walker RB Marion Barber
Our 1st rd. pick (#12) LB Bobby Carpenter
A 4th rd. pick (latest one) Their 1st rd. pick (#22)

I'm not totally sure on what the value meter would say about this trade but I feel it is pretty even.
We get rid of our dead-weight (Javon), and pick up 2 possible starters that are still young, Dallas gets Romo another weapon, move up 10 spots in there pursuit to get McFadden and gain a 4th round pick in the process!!!
This way I think if McFadden were to fall out of the top 5 then Dallas could package their 2 1st rounders and maybe a later pick to move up into the top 5, therefore they get what they want and we get what we need, plus at 22 there will alot better VALUE picks instead of us having to reach for someone and the need for a RB and LB is gone.
This is what our draft would then look like!!!
Rd1. OT Sam Baker
Rd2. S DaJuan Morgan
Rd4. DT Frank Okam
Rd5. WR/KR Dexter Jackson
Rd5. LB David Vobora
Rd7. FB
Rd7. Punter

OK, probably very unlikely, but hey I can dream right!!!

If Jones does that I rather grab some of their D-linemen then Barber that eliminates a need (plus you know what petagree those Linemen are due to them being drafted by the big Tuna)

Plus Jones would be destroying his team's fanbase:goofy:

axx
01-30-2008, 03:32 AM
yep jones firing himself very possible. :confused:

Saucy
01-30-2008, 08:23 AM
yeah, I don't think the owner of a team can be fired.

Drunk Bronco
01-30-2008, 08:55 AM
javon and t.o. thats smart...stamp their ticket to the super bowl next year...if that happens

SDSU#1
01-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Brandon Marshall > TO + Walker :)

This is a good idea, would it ever happen....probably not

I am one of the biggest fans of Marion Barber, and if we had him, you can say SO LONG TRAVIS HENRY!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2008, 09:34 AM
I was talking to a co-worker who's a big Cowboy fan and he's heard rumors the 'Boys are trying to trade all the way up to #1 (w/Miami) to cement McFadden because Jones is completely enamored with him.

This is what they're planning as I understand it:

-Dallas trades both first round picks, Bobby Carpenter, and Marcus Spears (remember how they were shopping them?) and possibly another draft pick (probably a 2009 pick) to Miami for #1 overall.

I could actually see this happening because,

1) Spears and Carpenter are "Parcells guys" that he drafted while in Dallas. I can see him wanting them and maybe even over-valuing their worth in a trade to reaquire them for his new team. The Dolphins need a lot of help and two first round picks (one of which could net them a first round QB like Brohm if he drops) along with two defensive players (who would probably start in Miami right now). If I were Miami, I'd take this trade (especially if I could swing Dallas' '09 second or third rounder out of it, too.)

2) Jerry Jones is just crazy, stupid, and controlling enough that he would make this "Herschel Walkeresque" trade to get McFadden - the guy he covets more than any other. I can see him thinking because the Cowboys had a good year, that McFadden could be the "missing piece" to put them over the top, or whatever.

I think this would be a great trade for Miami who needs a lot and a bad trade for Dallas, but it's right up Jones' alley and I can realistically see it happening.

Bowie Man
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Getting Barber, Carpenter, and their pick would be awesome. The odds of it happening are probably around 1 anywhere in between 100 to 1,000. If it happened I would rather try to get Pat Simms in the draft though.:salute:

Cugel
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd be amazed if that trade happened, Dallas to Miami I mean.

That wouldn't be a terrible trade for the Dolphins in that they get 2 #1 draft picks, plus some players they could use right away.

But, they might do better by trading down in stages, i.e. trade down from #1 to #5 or so, and pick up some more draft picks, and then trade down from #5 to #15 or so and pick up even more draft picks.

If you are 1-15 you basically need everything. You're starting from scratch and need an entire new team. That means that you build through the draft almost entirely. You don't trade for a lot of veterans because by the time you're ready to compete again, they will be gone or old.

Orange Cru$h
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd be amazed if that trade happened, Dallas to Miami I mean.

That wouldn't be a terrible trade for the Dolphins in that they get 2 #1 draft picks, plus some players they could use right away.

Gotta agree I don't see it going through but Dallas could easily do it with Cleveland's #1 Brady Quinn pick and their #1 pick. I do not see them needing the Broncos at all. I am not sure with the LB's this year we would want to use our #12 for Carpenter anyways.

Kon
01-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Why does Dallas want to trade up to #1 for a fricken RB? And trade away two #1s and 2 players of value? That's just ignorant and stupid.

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-31-2008, 05:38 AM
Eh, not happening. It would be nice though

jhildebrand
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
That would be a poor trade for the Broncos from a value stand point. If you rearrange your players you get:
Barber for Walker
They get our 1st (#12 overall) we get their #22
They get our 4th rounder we get carpenter.

Looking at it that way, we lose all the value of 10 spots in the first round. It would be nice if something like that could happen but if Jones wants mcFadden that bad, make him bleed for it. He made the Browns do a lot to get Quinn.