PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall is a Beast!

mx_stiles13
01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I had to start a thread for his beastliness :salute:

You all better get used to the name Mendenhall, because he is the future of the Broncos offense, along with Jay Cutler, B-Marsh and Scheffler.

The days of mediocre plug-in RBs are over, and the era of Bronco offensive domination will begin!

Pick up a nice OT in the 2nd/4th or through FA and the Broncos will once again be known as a high-scoring powerhouse.

2007 - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - Broncos - 1750 yards - 13 TD

You heard it here first! :rockon:

The|Snake#16
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Here first?

denver30
01-30-2008, 09:26 PM
I had to start a thread for his beastliness :salute:

You all better get used to the name Mendenhall, because he is the future of the Broncos offense, along with Jay Cutler, B-Marsh and Scheffler.

The days of mediocre plug-in RBs are over, and the era of Bronco offensive domination will begin!

Pick up a nice OT in the 2nd/4th or through FA and the Broncos will once again be known as a high-scoring powerhouse.

2007 - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - Broncos - 1750 yards - 13 TD

You heard it here first! :rockon:

Obviously from my avatar and signature you can tell I want Stewart but I would not be unhappy if we drafted Mendenhall. However, I hate to be the voice of reason, neither of the two will run for more than 1200 yards and seven touchdowns.

MHS
01-30-2008, 11:52 PM
to bad mendenhall will not be a bronco... one thing shanny never does is take a RB in the just round. And with how deep this class appears shanny will go for value and get a 4th round RB or even trade into the third to get one.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 12:08 AM
to bad mendenhall will not be a bronco... one thing shanny never does is take a RB in the just round. And with how deep this class appears shanny will go for value and get a 4th round RB or even trade into the third to get one.

I doubt he'll try to get scrubs in the 4th, Bowlen made it clear he Must draft better. So keep wishing he doesnt grab a RB in the first round. :coffee:

I doubt he'll screw the team over to move up to get Ellis, overpay a FS who may not have massive play time in 2008 in Kenny Phillips. Nor reach for an ILB in the 1st when theres by far better talent for ILB in the 2009 draft.

So yea if you ask me the choices in the first are very narrowed into a RB,WR and OT and I doubt Bowlen will allow Shanny to get an OT well knowing that it will take almost a full year for the ZBS to seep into the guys head let alone make him start instantly.

So with that being said Shanny has two options WR and RB and Shanny's record for 1st round WR are piss poor.

Face it MHS lighting doesn't strike twice in finding a back that has no flags in the 6th round, if that were true we wouldnt be having this discussion right now am I right. I mean our last RB that was drafted high was Portis who slipped into round 2 and where is he now, not a Bronco. Other then Choice who doesn't have that many flags health and talent limitations. The rest of the backs are just fodder and trash that have health and talent limitations.

So the choice is clear and thats an RB in the first no matter how hard you try to say that we wont go that way. :coffee:

neutessa
01-31-2008, 12:19 AM

I just don't agree with this as a reason for Shanahan not drafting a RB in the first round. Reports were that the Broncos were doing evertything they could in the 2006 draft to get back into the first round to get Maroney.

Plus, using this logic, they never should have drafted a DE last year because they never had before (Pryce was drafted as a DT). Or a QB the year before that. The same logic was used about OLine until he drafted George Foster. And, you could write off drafting Kenny Phillips this year because they've never drafted a safety.

Sure, this has been a trend. But the fact that they signed Travis Henry should be an indicatation that they really would like to solidify the RB position - and not have to uncover yet another late rounder/undrafted FA each and every year.

BF
01-31-2008, 01:02 AM
I just don't agree with this as a reason for Shanahan not drafting a RB in the first round. Reports were that the Broncos were doing evertything they could in the 2006 draft to get back into the first round to get Maroney.

Plus, using this logic, they never should have drafted a DE last year because they never had before (Pryce was drafted as a DT). Or a QB the year before that. The same logic was used about OLine until he drafted George Foster. And, you could write off drafting Kenny Phillips this year because they've never drafted a safety.

Sure, this has been a trend. But the fact that they signed Travis Henry should be an indicatation that they really would like to solidify the RB position - and not have to uncover yet another late rounder/undrafted FA each and every year.

You say the Broncos never drafted a safety! STEVE ATWATER 1989 NFL DRAFT ROUND 1 (20th pick). but not by Shanahan.

BF
01-31-2008, 01:06 AM
P.S. Rashard Mendenhall will be selected with the 12th pick, Don't let the Shanahan smoke screen ruin your day.

Kon
01-31-2008, 01:36 AM
*sigh* Don't get your hopes up. It just makes you mad when you don't pick up who you wanted. (Willis) :sad:

neutessa
01-31-2008, 02:18 AM
You say the Broncos never drafted a safety! STEVE ATWATER 1989 NFL DRAFT ROUND 1 (20th pick). but not by Shanahan.

Right....we're talking about Shanahan here. Not Reeves. The Broncos also drafted Dennis Smith in the first round - but obviously he wasn't drafted by Shanahan either.

Ultimately, the point is that we can't just assume what direction we'll go based on prior history. We've seen these trends change (e.g. drafting George Foster. 5-6 years ago, everyone would have sworn Shanahan would never draft an OL in the first round). So why not expect to see it change by drafting a RB...

mx_stiles13
01-31-2008, 05:58 AM
Here first?

I am pretty sure Iancane/Mindfield were the first to introduce Mendenhall to the boards. I just meant statwise :D

FinNasty
01-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Reunite Brandon Marshall with Kevin Smith... and your offense will be set for the next decade...

Watching Marshall throw blocks and springing Smith will be great to watch... again...

broncobuss
01-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Reunite Brandon Marshall with Kevin Smith... and your offense will be set for the next decade...

Watching Marshall throw blocks and springing Smith will be great to watch... again...

:rockon: thats the guy to get right there

MHS
01-31-2008, 09:18 AM
I doubt he'll try to get scrubs in the 4th, Bowlen made it clear he Must draft better. So keep wishing he doesnt grab a RB in the first round. :coffee:

I doubt he'll screw the team over to move up to get Ellis, overpay a FS who may not have massive play time in 2008 in Kenny Phillips. Nor reach for an ILB in the 1st when theres by far better talent for ILB in the 2009 draft.

So yea if you ask me the choices in the first are very narrowed into a RB,WR and OT and I doubt Bowlen will allow Shanny to get an OT well knowing that it will take almost a full year for the ZBS to seep into the guys head let alone make him start instantly.

So with that being said Shanny has two options WR and RB and Shanny's record for 1st round WR are piss poor.

Face it MHS lighting doesn't strike twice in finding a back that has no flags in the 6th round, if that were true we wouldnt be having this discussion right now am I right. I mean our last RB that was drafted high was Portis who slipped into round 2 and where is he now, not a Bronco. Other then Choice who doesn't have that many flags health and talent limitations. The rest of the backs are just fodder and trash that have health and talent limitations.

So the choice is clear and thats an RB in the first no matter how hard you try to say that we wont go that way. :coffee:

well since you work for the broncos and know exactly what bowlen is thinking im glad you can make posts. At least i am looking at other option your stuck on a bandwagon for a RB when it is a good possibility that denver will draft defense. Bowlen said he wanted shanny to draft better but never said anything about drafting a rb, so that point makes no sense in your post. I dont expect to find another TD and think it is impossible but it is very possible to get a good RB outside of mendenhall and stewart which i would rather do since it wasnt our RB or offense that lost us games it was what? the defense, Phillips is a great saftey prospect... no sean taylor but if you are waiting to draft a sean taylor type that is gonna take at least 5-10 years. I am not totally against rb i just think the smartest thing to do is to get young players on defense. And if ellis phillips clady are gone then i would hope for shanny to trade way down or even out of the first round.

MHS
01-31-2008, 09:26 AM

Actually your wrong, in 2006 shanny was doing everything to get cutler and if he couldnt trade up then maroney would have been his guy but now arent you glad he got cutler?

and the fact they want to keep henry should indicate they want him to be their RB, not pay him millions to be a backup.

I do not want shanny to find a gem i just dont want him to waste one of the highest draft picks he has every had on a RB when our defense needs top talent.

Phillips and rivers are who i am rooting for now since they are the only defensive prospects that i think may be left at #12. If all the top defensive prospects are gone along with clady and shanny doesnt trade down then by all means take a RB i just do not think it is what is best for the team.

MHS
01-31-2008, 09:29 AM

:beer: now that is a rb i would like to see the broncos get in the 2nd. Him or a LB like phillip wheeler.

BroncoKazuki
01-31-2008, 03:59 PM
well since you work for the broncos and know exactly what bowlen is thinking im glad you can make posts. At least i am looking at other option your stuck on a bandwagon for a RB when it is a good possibility that denver will draft defense. Bowlen said he wanted shanny to draft better but never said anything about drafting a rb, so that point makes no sense in your post. I dont expect to find another TD and think it is impossible but it is very possible to get a good RB outside of mendenhall and stewart which i would rather do since it wasnt our RB or offense that lost us games it was what? the defense, Phillips is a great saftey prospect... no sean taylor but if you are waiting to draft a sean taylor type that is gonna take at least 5-10 years. I am not totally against rb i just think the smartest thing to do is to get young players on defense. And if ellis phillips clady are gone then i would hope for shanny to trade way down or even out of the first round.

Oh man I wish, I worked for the Broncos Org, then again if I did, i would be fired right away for posting anything on these boards. :rolleyes:

Its not that I'm on the RB banwagon but its mostly looking at our previous history with the RB situation witch has been utter crap for since we traded away Portis for Champ. Not that I hate that trade but I really question that trade. For the past drafts Shanny has been putting fodder after fodder in the RB position only to have the RB by committee fail miserably.

Kevin Smith, he's good but how he uses his body to bust in the holes puts so much wear on his body that he's a virtual time bomb on how far he can go in the league if he keeps doing that. Plus the treads on the tires are worn pretty well.

Stewart, Jones, Mendenhall have some if not little wear on their treads and would make the most sound judgment call to pick over Smith.

Plus K.Phillips is talented but not as talented as those Safeties I have posted, plus I think Mindfield said it best about this being not a great draft for DT,S, and ILB. The deeper i look the more I agree with Mindfield, if you just want to be a fanboy of Phillips and Smith fine by me. But Right now we still got a young D-line and we can add more to it next year as we already have the Offense solidify for years to come and not worry about the RB situation that has been in turmoil.