PDA

View Full Version : Our Future. What do you think?

axx
02-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Broncos: Javon Walker/Foxworth 4th Round Draft pick.
Detroit: Roy Williams/Rogers.

Okay here goes. As we all know Javon is not happy he wants out so well show him the door. We can trade him to the lions we can replace him with Williams. Both of these guys were injured so their value wouldve droped alittle more so to Javon whos had a history of knee problems which is why we give them the 4th rounder to balance it out.

The Lions need help in the cb position why not try out foxworth who has earned a shot to be a starter and probly wouldve already been a starter if not for Champ & Bly on the side(id prefer to keep foxworth then bly but i doubt the lions would take Bly back) Inexchange for Foxy we get Rogers. A change of scenery might do this guy wonders we have seen what and can do and regardless fat or lazy he would be our best DT at the very least or be the one of the best in the league again, we have to take this chance.

Trade during Draft.
Hopefully we can pick up Clady with the 12th or Phillips if both of these guys are gone and one or both of the top qbs are around package up the 12th overall with Foxworth/Javon For detroits first Williams/Rogers and they can pick a rookie qb which they need.

We can get either Chris Williams or Baker, who ever has stronger combine.
and hopefully pick Okam with the 2nd rounder to mold behind Rogers.

#6 Jay Cutler
RB: #20 Travis Henry(Will be better behind a healthy o-line fingers crossed he stays healthy)
RB2 #35 Selvin Young
FB: #37 Cecil Sapp(Owen Schmitt 4th Round unlikely)
WR1!!: #15 Brandon Marsall
WR2 #11 Roy Williams
Slot #14 Brandon Stokley
TE #88 Tony Scheffler
TE #89 Daniel Graham

LT: Chris Williams (15th pick)
LG: Ben Hamilton (please come back)/Chris Myers
C: Tom Nalen/Chris Myers
RG:Chris Kuper/Montrae Holland
RT: Ryan Harris/Erik Pears

LE: Ebenezer Ekuban/Tim Crowder/Paul Carrington
DT:Marcus Thomas/Alvin McKinley/Steve Harris
DT:Shaun Rogers/(Best Available DT 2nd Round) Frank Okam?
RE:Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss

Behind a healthy d-line with one more year experience i think the lbs and secondary wont struggle as much this year but we cannot fix every hole in just one year.

LB:Ian Gold(i think give him one more chance behind a d-line which will hopefully be better than last year)
LB:Warrick Holdman(Cant address everyhole this year with the draft)
LB:DJ Williams(YES MIDDLE LINEBACKER)

CB:Champ Bailey
CB Dre Bly
CB:Karl Paymah
FS:Marcus Griffin(Second 4th Round Choice)Eventually groom into SS. I really like his run stopping ability,good tackler from what i hear his a tough strong kid something we need. If we cant get a leader at lb why not here/Hamza Abdullah
SS:John Lynch/Nick Ferguson OR Free Agent

I think positions which need to be addressed in 09 are as follows.
Defence:
SS if we are unable to get a FA.
LB as i said we cant fix the everyhole. better start in the trenches.
CB try our luck with a diamond in the rough.

O:
RB: We cannot draft one this year Lt is our biggest need to help jay outl
And i say in 09 we go all out and build a fortress with the best available at the position infront of jay.
Grooming guys to replace Hamilton/Nalen

What do you guys think i know its a little messy but you get the picture.

bjoli198
02-01-2008, 06:33 AM
except for the fact i do´t want to trade away foxworth, I think this is one of the most realistic scenarios i´ve seen in these mocks

silkamilkamonic
02-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Roy Williams misses games every year because of injury, and is unhappy because the organization has a young up and coming WR that will likely beat him out for #1,

Do you not have faith in Marshall? If so, why would you want Roy Wiliams?

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
should i say wishful thinking...

or

just flat out stupidity....

.Just flat out stupidity :coffee:

Kon
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Pretty cluttered, but I wouldn't mind Williams. But of course there is always stupid injuries.. *sigh*

BF
02-01-2008, 02:35 PM
If we choose Okam with our second pick, it would make me sick to my stomach.

axx
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
If we choose Okam with our second pick, it would make me sick to my stomach.

okay this is basically why i said best available dt. alot can change from now to the draft with the combine. i merely put okams name there to do exactly that and put a name next to best available dt in 2nd round.

axx
02-01-2008, 05:02 PM
should i say wishful thinking...

or

just flat out stupidity....

.Just flat out stupidity :coffee:

please explain whats so stupid about this? if its so stupid you must have a long list of things of differences.

I do believe that this is more realistic approach you can take. i couldve put all sorts of different scenarios up there if there clady is gone (like pick medenhall)but then its just wishfull thinking trying to trade to pick for value. well leave trades out of it. Though what im trying to proove is build this defence/OT through the depth in this years draft.

axx
02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Roy Williams misses games every year because of injury, and is unhappy because the organization has a young up and coming WR that will likely beat him out for #1,

I have full faith in Marshall. The way i see it if we can take advantage of the fact that Williams (a need if javon wants out) Rogers (a bigger need by seeing us get run over in everygame)
At the same time Marshall does need someone on the opositie side of the field to help him out, Stokley would only be a number 3 and occasionally number 2 if someone goes down in a game. But if we want this team to win then we have to give Cutler the weapons to do so. If it is gonna come at a high cost interms of Williams salary then scrap the idea ship javon to vikings for our 3rd. and just get rogers. its just a suggestion.:D

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
please explain whats so stupid about this? if its so stupid you must have a long list of things of differences.

I do believe that this is more realistic approach you can take. i couldve put all sorts of different scenarios up there if there clady is gone (like pick medenhall)but then its just wishfull thinking trying to trade to pick for value. well leave trades out of it. Though what im trying to proove is build this defence/OT through the depth in this years draft.

Point values are wrong, you overvalue some players... :coffee:

your reaching and virtually most of your draft are just a wish list of things that may or may not pan out. Plus you didn't give a breakdown of why we should draft those players. :coffee:

thats what i mean by this draft being just flat out dumb. :coffee:

axx
02-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Point values are wrong, you overvalue some players... :coffee:

your reaching and virtually most of your draft are just a wish list of things that may or may not pan out. Plus you didn't give a breakdown of why we should draft those players. :coffee:

thats what i mean by this draft being just flat out dumb. :coffee:

I dont see how trading our 12th Foxworth/Javon outvalues Detriot 15th Williams/Rogers for it to be considered dumb. Then with the 15th pick best available OT.

i suppose the mocks you seen months away from the combine will stay that way? Players wont rise or fall. Clearly looks like williams improved his value in the senior bowl.

Chris Williams is the best OT available is that a dumb pick to fill a hole left by the retirement of lepsis? So if you wanna improve the run or pass game its better to start with the line no use picking rbs who are gonna struggle.

Which picks are overvalued i only put 3 rookies in the lineup for 2008.
Chris Williams.
then clearly wrote best available dt in second round if you can read.
then 4th round griffin.

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I dont see how trading our 12th Foxworth/Javon outvalues Detriot 15th Williams/Rogers for it to be considered dumb. Then with the 15th pick best available OT.

i suppose the mocks you seen months away from the combine will stay that way? Players wont rise or fall. Clearly looks like williams improved his value in the senior bowl.

Chris Williams is the best OT available is that a dumb pick to fill a hole left by the retirement of lepsis? So if you wanna improve the run or pass game its better to start with the line no use picking rbs who are gonna struggle.

Which picks are overvalued i only put 3 rookies in the lineup for 2008.
Chris Williams.
then clearly wrote best available dt in second round if you can read.
then 4th round griffin.

lets see,

1st round we have the pick of the litter in RB.(perf Mendenhall but Stewart and Jones will also work here as well)

2nd round Oneal Cousins is probably the best prospect for an O-linemen as he can play OT and OG (LT,LG,RG,RT) and only has to work on his kick step a little bit in the tackle position. at 2 positions gives him more value as a pick for the O-line. IMHO

want me to go on?

Plus Javon right now at best is worth a late round 5th to mid 6th round pick

Foxworth is RFA so we can slap a high 4th or mid 3rd price tag on him

our 12th is worth 1200pts

DET's pick is 1000 pts

Better yet why dont we trade away Harris for another 2nd round pick I mean we did draft him last year :coffee:.

Plus keep Willams away from Denver... Draft YOUTH at WR for the love of god.

Also Rogers is an UFA i believe (or RFA) if he's RFA we may haggle down his value to a 5th pick.

Okam is no longer a need :coffee:

Moore would be a better pick at 2nd

RB would be a better pick at 1st. (hopefully grab another 1st round or 2nd round)

Grab cousins or any of the 2nd round O-linemen.

3rd round grab a WR

4th grab an LB and Safety

5th Grab an OG and C (maybe another WR)

try to grab a 6th

use 7ths for K and P.

axx
02-01-2008, 06:46 PM
lets see,

1st round we have the pick of the litter in RB.(perf Mendenhall but Stewart and Jones will also work here as well)

2nd round Oneal Cousins is probably the best prospect for an O-linemen as he can play OT and OG (LT,LG,RG,RT) and only has to work on his kick step a little bit in the tackle position. at 2 positions gives him more value as a pick for the O-line. IMHO

want me to go on?

Plus Javon right now at best is worth a late round 5th to mid 6th round pick

Foxworth is RFA so we can slap a high 4th or mid 3rd price tag on him

our 12th is worth 1200pts

DET's pick is 1000 pts

Better yet why dont we trade away Harris for another 2nd round pick I mean we did draft him last year :coffee:.

Plus keep Willams away from Denver... Draft YOUTH at WR for the love of god.

Also Rogers is an UFA i believe (or RFA) if he's RFA we may haggle down his value to a 5th pick.

Okam is no longer a need :coffee:

Moore would be a better pick at 2nd

RB would be a better pick at 1st. (hopefully grab another 1st round or 2nd round)

Grab cousins or any of the 2nd round O-linemen.

3rd round grab a WR

4th grab an LB and Safety

5th Grab an OG and C (maybe another WR)

try to grab a 6th

use 7ths for K and P.

buddy these are suggestions, and dont ruin my thread by saying its stupid and wishful thinking by me suggesting to bring in players who are out of favor with their current team by shipping out players in our team who are no longer needed: Javon who wants out, Foxworth who id like to keep but we dont need.

This is not wishful thinking on the other hand by you suggesting hopefully we can pick up another 1st rounder or 2nd rounder that my friend is wishful thining so stop wasting my time.

And can you please explain how are suposed to go about grabing another 1st or 2nd?

Everyone wants Mendenhall i dont see it happening as there is problems with the o line Question marks over Nalen/Hamilton this season and what about the year after whos going to be blocking for Mendenhall good blocking is what separates the Mendenhall type RB to a Travis Henry or Selvin Young.

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 07:09 PM
buddy these are suggestions, and dont ruin my thread by saying its stupid and wishful thinking by me suggesting to bring in players who are out of favor with their current team by shipping out players in our team who are no longer needed: Javon who wants out, Foxworth who id like to keep but we dont need.

This is not wishful thinking on the other hand by you suggesting hopefully we can pick up another 1st rounder or 2nd rounder that my friend is wishful thining so stop wasting my time.

And can you please explain how are suposed to go about grabing another 1st or 2nd?

Everyone wants Mendenhall i dont see it happening as there is problems with the o line Question marks over Nalen/Hamilton this season and what about the year after whos going to be blocking for Mendenhall good blocking is what separates the Mendenhall type RB to a Travis Henry or Selvin Young.

Ok.. for the most part it may be suggestions but please keep it realistic. Plus like other's have said Dal may want to move up as fast as they can to grab McFadden.

SO that means we can move a deal out, im still looking at the point values but So far I think the PV may be correct if we do this.

Trade our 1st + Javon + 1 4th+ 1 5th for Dallas's 2 1st rounds + their 2nd round.

Since Dal's owner wont care about the point difference because he'll want to get into range to get McFadden we may have a great chance to screw them out of their 2 1st and 2nd giving us a total of 4 picks in the first day. It may or may not happen but its something to keep a look at.

Espically if he wants to give Romo another deep threat in Walker. Since the way Dal lost was due to double teaming of T.O and letting Romo try to lob it into his hands.

JayCutler06
02-01-2008, 07:14 PM

1st of all i thought u did very well with this thread. 2nd the thing that sucks about this board is two many people here think they are a GM. it really makes me laugh. im with you though LT is a magor need. i do think williems an rogers will be broncos next year. shanny will get his high powerd offence and he gets a proven DL which we need

axx
02-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok.. for the most part it may be suggestions but please keep it realistic. Plus like other's have said Dal may want to move up as fast as they can to grab McFadden.

SO that means we can move a deal out, im still looking at the point values but So far I think the PV may be correct if we do this.

Trade our 1st + Javon + 1 4th+ 1 5th for Dallas's 2 1st rounds + their 2nd round.

Since Dal's owner wont care about the point difference because he'll want to get into range to get McFadden we may have a great chance to screw them out of their 2 1st and 2nd giving us a total of 4 picks in the first day. It may or may not happen but its something to keep a look at.

Espically if he wants to give Romo another deep threat in Walker. Since the way Dal lost was due to double teaming of T.O and letting Romo try to lob it into his hands.

OKay i get ya so me saying we should pick upthe best available OT first round and the best available DT second round is wishfull thinking. But for some reason you think dallas will trade 22nd 29th/2nd round pick for our 12th/Javon/5th pick isnt wishfull thinking? and you say jerry jones does all this to get d-mac at 12? so what do you suggest jones does to get into the top 4after trading two first round picks and a 2nd rounder already? trade away another 2 years of first round picks maybe 3 ? what do you suggest. seeing as my thread is wishfull thinking and unrealistic. :rockon:

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
OKay i get ya so me saying we should pick upthe best available OT first round and the best available DT second round is wishfull thinking. But for some reason you think dallas will trade 22nd 29th/2nd round pick for our 12th/Javon/5th pick isnt wishfull thinking? and you say jerry jones does all this to get d-mac at 12? so what do you suggest jones does to get into the top 4after trading two first round picks and a 2nd rounder already? trade away another 2 years of first round picks maybe 3 ? what do you suggest. seeing as my thread is wishfull thinking and unrealistic. :rockon:

maybe a little ;)

dont get me wrong I would like to get Chris Williams and by the way Roy wants to say in Detroit. So if we bring it Roy the same crap thats happening now will happen again.

And you do know the Pats may want out of their 7th spot witch is a possibility for a 3 way trade right there. (Yet i hope not)

I just think right now, the best possible trade is just the DET 1st and Rogers trade nothing more.

We can pawn off Javon to another team. (my hope is atlanta or Miami :cheers:)

axx
02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
maybe a little ;)

dont get me wrong I would like to get Chris Williams and by the way Roy wants to say in Detroit. So if we bring it Roy the same crap thats happening now will happen again.

And you do know the Pats may want out of their 7th spot witch is a possibility for a 3 way trade right there. (Yet i hope not)

I just think right now, the best possible trade is just the DET 1st and Rogers trade nothing more.

We can pawn off Javon to another team. (my hope is atlanta or Miami :cheers:)

I'd be all over trading Walker but i think he will be cut due to his salary and injuries.Trading him to the Cowboys is something they wouldnt be interested in. The best scenario for Dallas at the very least they might be able to pick up the Top WR in the draft at 12th. The only players who have value who have been mentioned in trades is Foxworth.

In sayin this is i'd welcome trading 12th/Foxworth For Dallas 22nd/29th Pick.
They can pick up there WR if they feel like they need a burner and we have the chance to pick up either Mendenhall/Stewart/Jones depends on who has a better combine at the 22nd. I believe the only other teams looking at running backs in the first round will be the texans 18 or seahawks who will pick after our 22nd.
With the 29th we can still pick up a OT.

So we can address two holes on offence in the first round building the future.

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd be all over trading Walker but i think he will be cut due to his salary and injuries.Trading him to the Cowboys is something they wouldnt be interested in. The best scenario for Dallas at the very least they might be able to pick up the Top WR in the draft at 12th. The only players who have value who have been mentioned in trades is Foxworth.

In sayin this is i'd welcome trading 12th/Foxworth For Dallas 22nd/29th Pick.
They can pick up there WR if they feel like they need a burner and we have the chance to pick up either Mendenhall/Stewart/Jones depends on who has a better combine at the 22nd. I believe the only other teams looking at running backs in the first round will be the texans 18 or seahawks who will pick after our 22nd.
With the 29th we can still pick up a OT.

So we can address two holes on offence in the first round building the future.

Thats why the Detroit Trade looks more better IMV.

Kubes knows better then anyone that Shanny will be pressed to get Jay a backfield weapon. Plus he knows how Shanny thinks. So Mendenhall will be on the top of the list to grab.

So if we do the following. Trade our 1st to Detroit for their 1st and Rogers we fill a DT need leaving us open to grab an RB in the 1st and OT in the 2nd.

We can also keep Javon, make him run routes to raise his stock (not give him any passes) then trade him in 2009 [i can see that as he'll be good Trade bait to move up in the draft to snag a very good Safety]

AC1
02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Broncos: Javon Walker/Foxworth 4th Round Draft pick.
Detroit: Roy Williams/Rogers.

Okay here goes. As we all know Javon is not happy he wants out so well show him the door. We can trade him to the lions we can replace him with Williams. Both of these guys were injured so their value wouldve droped alittle more so to Javon whos had a history of knee problems which is why we give them the 4th rounder to balance it out.

The Lions need help in the cb position why not try out foxworth who has earned a shot to be a starter and probly wouldve already been a starter if not for Champ & Bly on the side(id prefer to keep foxworth then bly but i doubt the lions would take Bly back) Inexchange for Foxy we get Rogers. A change of scenery might do this guy wonders we have seen what and can do and regardless fat or lazy he would be our best DT at the very least or be the one of the best in the league again, we have to take this chance.

Trade during Draft.
Hopefully we can pick up Clady with the 12th or Phillips if both of these guys are gone and one or both of the top qbs are around package up the 12th overall with Foxworth/Javon For detroits first Williams/Rogers and they can pick a rookie qb which they need.

We can get either Chris Williams or Baker, who ever has stronger combine.
and hopefully pick Okam with the 2nd rounder to mold behind Rogers.

#6 Jay Cutler
RB: #20 Travis Henry(Will be better behind a healthy o-line fingers crossed he stays healthy)
RB2 #35 Selvin Young
FB: #37 Cecil Sapp(Owen Schmitt 4th Round unlikely)
WR1!!: #15 Brandon Marsall
WR2 #11 Roy Williams
Slot #14 Brandon Stokley
TE #88 Tony Scheffler
TE #89 Daniel Graham

LT: Chris Williams (15th pick)
LG: Ben Hamilton (please come back)/Chris Myers
C: Tom Nalen/Chris Myers
RG:Chris Kuper/Montrae Holland
RT: Ryan Harris/Erik Pears

LE: Ebenezer Ekuban/Tim Crowder/Paul Carrington
DT:Marcus Thomas/Alvin McKinley/Steve Harris
DT:Shaun Rogers/(Best Available DT 2nd Round) Frank Okam?
RE:Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss

Behind a healthy d-line with one more year experience i think the lbs and secondary wont struggle as much this year but we cannot fix every hole in just one year.

LB:Ian Gold(i think give him one more chance behind a d-line which will hopefully be better than last year)
LB:Warrick Holdman(Cant address everyhole this year with the draft)
LB:DJ Williams(YES MIDDLE LINEBACKER)

CB:Champ Bailey
CB Dre Bly
CB:Karl Paymah
FS:Marcus Griffin(Second 4th Round Choice)Eventually groom into SS. I really like his run stopping ability,good tackler from what i hear his a tough strong kid something we need. If we cant get a leader at lb why not here/Hamza Abdullah
SS:John Lynch/Nick Ferguson OR Free Agent

I think positions which need to be addressed in 09 are as follows.
Defence:
SS if we are unable to get a FA.
LB as i said we cant fix the everyhole. better start in the trenches.
CB try our luck with a diamond in the rough.

O:
RB: We cannot draft one this year Lt is our biggest need to help jay outl
And i say in 09 we go all out and build a fortress with the best available at the position infront of jay.
Grooming guys to replace Hamilton/Nalen

What do you guys think i know its a little messy but you get the picture.

I like the general direction of your plan. Roy Williams is probably the only one I'm a touch skeptical about. I would prefer someone cheaper. Williams considers himself a tier-1 receiver (in the Moss, TO, Harrison category) and would likely demand a lot of money. If he is willing to come and be the second receiver here, I would have no trouble with that. He certainly is talented.

That apart, I like how the depth chart looks after your moves. I love the Williams/Baker pick, as well as the Marcus Griffin pick. I'm glad that someone realizes that Holdman will take the starting SLB spot next year. He is a great match in terms of what he provides and at what cost.

Great job!

axx
02-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I like the general direction of your plan. Roy Williams is probably the only one I'm a touch skeptical about. I would prefer someone cheaper. Williams considers himself a tier-1 receiver (in the Moss, TO, Harrison category) and would likely demand a lot of money. If he is willing to come and be the second receiver here, I would have no trouble with that. He certainly is talented.

That apart, I like how the depth chart looks after your moves. I love the Williams/Baker pick, as well as the Marcus Griffin pick. I'm glad that someone realizes that Holdman will take the starting SLB spot next year. He is a great match in terms of what he provides and at what cost.

Great job!

Thanx.
Yes the only reason i suggest bringing in Roy Williams is because i have heard he wants out of Detroit for whatever reason, which means we might be able to get a good deal(and basically just thinking of Marshall/Williams/Stokley Healthy O-line aginast the Chargers and kicking their ass makes me :rockon:.

In saying that it probly wont work as WR these days have this thing where they want to be recognised as the number one and all this other crap.

Warrick Holdman didnt get to proove he is a solid player last season due to his injury. I dont think his long term resolution but we cannot address everyneed this year. We can pick someone in the draft and slowly ease them into games.

I think we can address LB in the 4th round with Tavares Gooden. I'd be upset if we passed on him, i believe we didnt get to see how good he is by not being able to attens the senior bowl, which could benefit us making his value fall slightly.

And with the depth in Safety as much as id like Phillips from a value point its not the best move for this team at the moment we dont have one piece missing there are many holes.

Picking up a Safety with the second 4th rounder and let him battle it out with Hamza Abdullah to start across John Lynch. This position needs some youth with leadership qualities as well be able to tackle :cheers:

I believe a strong d-line can make the worst linebackers/secondary look better and a bad d-line can make good linebackers/secondary look horrible which was our case this year.

KWHIT97
02-02-2008, 12:52 AM

Ala, Javon Walker, I would love to see Roy replace Walker, it will never happen, but I'd love to see it.
Roy on his worse day is 10 times better than Javon, I HATE JAVON WALKER with a bleeding passion.
Heck, why not trade Walker to Detriot for their number 5 reciever, I bet that guy has HEART, something Walker lacks!!!

axx
02-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Ala, Javon Walker, I would love to see Roy replace Walker, it will never happen, but I'd love to see it.
Roy on his worse day is 10 times better than Javon, I HATE JAVON WALKER with a bleeding passion.
Heck, why not trade Walker to Detriot for their number 5 reciever, I bet that guy has HEART, something Walker lacks!!!

Haha if Javon value is as good as he thinks he is we would be able to get Calvin Johnson straight swap and maybe there 1st to balane it out :confused: anyways he owes this team for bringing him in full stop.

Dean
02-03-2008, 08:47 AM

Excellent job of not letting your emotions get in the way of clear thought. :salute: