PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wright's New Mock

Max Power
02-01-2008, 08:30 AM
It has us drafting Phillip Merling, DE from Clemson, at #12 and Ali Highsmith in the 2nd. He says Merling could shift inside on passing downs and be the next Trevor Pryce for us. I think this is a bad pick, especially with Ryan Clady still on the board. What do you think?

Here it is: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The Dyna$ty
02-01-2008, 08:52 AM
I think its dumb as hell.....but hey thats just what I think

I guess he could be a penetrating DT but cmon with Phillips, Stewart and Mendenhall on the board I think I would punch someone in the throat on draft day.

slick7
02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Funny to me was the Detroit second round pick of Nicks from Nebraska, and the fact that he said George Foster is a bust.

I wouldn't complain if we got Highsmith or Mayo in the 2nd.

Warhawk
02-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I already let Scott know what I thought about that...

Our biggest need is DL, but the value isn't there. You'd think most knowledgable draftniks would see that. However, it is such an obvious need that people are clearly tempted to slot in a reach or poor fit rather than going for value at another position.

BroncoDefense
02-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I think Scott did what he always does...he has a good grasp on where players should be rated, but he sucks at matching them to team needs. Philip Merling's value may be at 12, but there is no way Denver takes another DE with 3 youngsters, Ekuban and Engleberger. You want someone that is big and can play inside in the nickle? We have two of those, Ekuban and Crowder. this just makes no sense.

Ditto with other picks. Vernon Gholston is awsome and is a top 10 talent, there is just no way that NE picks a 34 OLB with Vrabel, Thomas, and Colvin and that they never pick linebackers high in the draft. An ILB, maybe, but no way will Gholston go there.

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
This draft is utter crap:coffee:

No way we get another DE, and no way we get an OLB in the 2nd when theres a OLB/SS in the 4th thats just as good as Vernon Gholston and is fast for his size.

rockrules40
02-01-2008, 11:16 AM
i would cry if thats what we drafted

Spyder
02-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Pass on Ryan Clady for another defensive end when we just drafted two last year?

Yeah, okay.

Try again Scott.

Momentum
02-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Highsmith only made it worse IMO:sad:

halfback
02-01-2008, 09:16 PM
scott wrights site has been my favorite draft site for years and i usually feel comfortable with his projected picks for us.... with that said his updated mock for us is totally wack..... a DE with the 12th pick? especially with clady and phillips still on the board? we dont need a DE with ANY pick in this draft especially the 12th overall, and im not to keen on his 2nd rounder either, if that really happened we would set ourselves back years

Broncosinindy
02-02-2008, 12:52 AM
It has us drafting Phillip Merling, DE from Clemson, at #12 and Ali Highsmith in the 2nd. He says Merling could shift inside on passing downs and be the next Trevor Pryce for us. I think this is a bad pick, especially with Ryan Clady still on the board. What do you think?

Here it is: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The guy is 6'5280 lbs. and runs a 4.75 which if i remember right was faster then elvis dumervile and a little slower then moss and crowder. also. Trevor pryce came into the leauge as a DT not a DE.

Max Power
02-02-2008, 08:26 AM
The guy is 6'5280 lbs. and runs a 4.75 which if i remember right was faster then elvis dumervile and a little slower then moss and crowder. also. Trevor pryce came into the leauge as a DT not a DE.

And this guy is coming into the league as a DE. We already have DEs who sometimes play inside. Ekuban for example (if he's re-signed). Josh Mallard also. Crowder will probably see some time at DT. We might as well draft a real DT in round 2, not some project tweener in round 1. Merling isn't even that good.

kratos_godofwar
02-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Wow, seems like every pick makes sense besides the Broncos. Why would we get a DE when both Kenny Phillips and Clady are still on the board. I hate this draft, Highsmith is decent. But Phillip Merling is not what we need when we have both Crowder and Mallard. Both who can do Merling's roll quite well.