PDA

View Full Version : Roy williams det in orange and blue next year

CHINESECHICKEN
02-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Is this true bc I was reading the other day and came across this i think it would be amazing for us roy marsh stocks tony our offense will be amazing get walker the hell out of here!!!!

Max Power
02-01-2008, 04:45 PM
it isn't true.

Kon
02-01-2008, 05:12 PM
You got me excited for 1/2 of a second. So much for something happening lol.

Soldier96B
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Roy in orange and blue would kick ass.

steph24
02-01-2008, 05:57 PM

Heck Ya!! That would be sah-weet

deer_dance9
02-01-2008, 06:12 PM

i can see denver pulling out somekinda trade to detriot involving williams. its something that i dont completely rule out.

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Can we please draft youth instead of signing egos

Heres for the Youth over Ego's movement :salute:

Just say no to Willams:coffee:

deer_dance9
02-01-2008, 06:42 PM

you need vets somewhere

Max Power
02-01-2008, 06:44 PM
roy williams is not going anywhere, and if he came here, you really think he would accept being 2nd fiddle to Marshall, or vice versa?

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
you need vets somewhere

I'll take vets on the D-line and O-line but thats stretching it right there.

I'd rather get some youth receivers to complement Marshall in the 3rd-4th rounds and maybe sign a WR thats palatable contract wise.

deer_dance9
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
roy williams is not going anywhere, and if he came here, you really think he would accept being 2nd fiddle to Marshall, or vice versa?

i mean u just work it out.. ur a professional... wayne harrison, chad housh, holt issac, boldin fitz, just to name a few...

JayCutler06
02-01-2008, 06:56 PM

youth????? roy is only 26. personally i think shanny makes a run for williems and rogers. hes gets his high powerd offence and get one of the better DT in the nfl.

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 07:02 PM
youth????? roy is only 26. personally i think shanny makes a run for williems and rogers. hes gets his high powerd offence and get one of the better DT in the nfl.

26.. 36

Still i would not like to have him on the team, he wouldnt like to play here anyway because he'll be threaten by Marshall.

I mean we want to trade Javon out, what makes you think he wont think the same thing once he gets hurt again or if another rookie WR takes his number 2 spot.

we need a legit Number 2 not just a number 1 that we put as a number 2. Thats the whole reason why were in the predicament with Javon in the first place.

lancane
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I would rather trade the 12th overall pick for the 15th for Rogers, and Foster back, rather then get Williams.

;)

xianman1
02-01-2008, 07:26 PM
"we need a legit Number 2 not just a number 1 that we put as a number 2. Thats the whole reason why were in the predicament with Javon in the first place."

I usually really like what kazuki has to say, but i laughed when I read this. Who in the world really thinks we would be a better team with less talent? I'll take more talent any day of the week. but before we make any trade we need to make sure that he would want to play with us. Attitude argument makes alot of sense for not making this trade. That he has too much talent for a #2 reciever as an argument is a litttle looney!

JayCutler06
02-01-2008, 07:26 PM
26.. 36

Still i would not like to have him on the team, he wouldnt like to play here anyway because he'll be threaten by Marshall.

I mean we want to trade Javon out, what makes you think he wont think the same thing once he gets hurt again or if another rookie WR takes his number 2 spot.

we need a legit Number 2 not just a number 1 that we put as a number 2. Thats the whole reason why were in the predicament with Javon in the first place.

the two recievers from the cards do fine. st louis fine. i can go on an on bottom line is if shanny wants him he will get him

Max Power
02-01-2008, 07:37 PM
you do realize that Williams has said he wants to stay in Detroit and the Lions have no intention of trading him, right?

BroncoKazuki
02-01-2008, 07:45 PM
you do realize that Williams has said he wants to stay in Detroit and the Lions have no intention of trading him, right?

Yea thats what I thought as well witch makes me wonder... Can the rumor machine stop for a while.

I think theres good number 2 talent in the draft and we can get a WR in FA if we need to at a cheaper price with less attitude:salute:

JayCutler06
02-01-2008, 07:45 PM
well i just spent 25 min on lions board. the story does hold water. im not say we will get him. but i am saying we are probably interisted its a matter of what shanny willing to give up. it wont surprise me if he was a bronco next year

Bowie Man
02-01-2008, 08:26 PM
well i just spent 25 min on lions board. the story does hold water. im not say we will get him. but i am saying we are probably interisted its a matter of what shanny willing to give up. it wont surprise me if he was a bronco next year

Was it a rumor? Personally, Roy has said he wants to stay there and Javon has said he wants to stay here, both of them have been hurt, Lions fans want him out of there for the same reasons we want Javon out of here so why SHOULD we take Williams?:salute:

Spyder
02-01-2008, 08:38 PM

Not that I'm saying we'll get him or that he'll even be traded but..

You do realise MOST players in the NFL will never admit it, right? Javon Walker admitted it for a while then saved face by saying he'd like to remain here and that he was sorry for exploding the way he did.. ala frustration.

But who's really buying that?

Whether Roy Williams wants out or not, he's never going to come out and admit it unless everything between him and Detroit totally blows up.

KWHIT97
02-02-2008, 01:01 AM

Let me address this point right here, right now!!!
Just because Javon Walker is a friggin baby doesn't mean everyone is.
In this offense it isn't about who is the number 1:rolleyes:, or who is in the slot:confused:, or who is the number 2:eek:, it is about surrounding Jay with the weapons he needs to succeed, If there is some douchbag whining about "well he got 20 balls thrown to him and I only got 10" then that guy doesn't belong on the NFL, let alone Denver!!!
Football is a team sport, it's about winning, not stats, I know there are alot of BAD APPLES out there (Javon Walker), but there are alot more guys who just want to play the game and try to win a ring, I think Roy Williams is one of those guys and I would welcome him to DENVER!!!

Broncosinindy
02-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Man you gotta love the offseason the draft brings the cookoos out. yall are killing me with this stuff

kratos_godofwar
02-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Let me address this point right here, right now!!!
Just because Javon Walker is a friggin baby doesn't mean everyone is.
In this offense it isn't about who is the number 1:rolleyes:, or who is in the slot:confused:, or who is the number 2:eek:, it is about surrounding Jay with the weapons he needs to succeed, If there is some douchbag whining about "well he got 20 balls thrown to him and I only got 10" then that guy doesn't belong on the NFL, let alone Denver!!!
Football is a team sport, it's about winning, not stats, I know there are alot of BAD APPLES out there (Javon Walker), but there are alot more guys who just want to play the game and try to win a ring, I think Roy Williams is one of those guys and I would welcome him to DENVER!!!

Couldn't be more right with this post. Only selfish players care about stats and not winning. I see a lot of confidence from Roy. Sure he may run his mouth, but he's team always finds a way to disapoint him. If you where extremly talented in Detroit and had no QB and an GM who could care less about winning. You would want out of Detroit as well.

Justblaze2729
02-02-2008, 01:46 PM
i would love nothing more than having roy williams on our team hes a great receiver and a playmaker he might have an ego but how is that different than from anyother receiver in the league hes just not scared to say wat he thinks and we need someone like that ...........noone on our team has attitude anymore they just go about their jobs and nothing more we need some excitement other than marshall we dont have much of it

BroncoWY
02-02-2008, 04:31 PM
I really can't believe what you guys are saying Stokley and Sheffler were playing out of position. Shanny had to do it to just stay close to competitive at the end of last year. If Jevon gets out then we need get another great athletic reciever like Roy cause seriously jay needs tons of weapons. Just like brady has in his offense. Brady has three quality recievers for the first time in his career look how he is playing. Then you go to last year and the colts won it all with Harrison and Wayne. The year before that the steelers won it all with Randle El and Ward if we don't either keep jevon or get roy then again we will be playing our offense out of position next year and we won't do much unless our defense is top 5 in the league LOL:eek: which won't happen overnight with who we have right now.

Max Power
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Roy Williams from the Cowboys has a better chance of being a Bronco next season than does his counterpart of the same name from the Lions. And there's a remote chance of that too.

RyversEtrain
02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
"we need a legit Number 2 not just a number 1 that we put as a number 2. Thats the whole reason why were in the predicament with Javon in the first place."

I usually really like what kazuki has to say, but i laughed when I read this. Who in the world really thinks we would be a better team with less talent? I'll take more talent any day of the week. but before we make any trade we need to make sure that he would want to play with us. Attitude argument makes alot of sense for not making this trade. That he has too much talent for a #2 reciever as an argument is a litttle looney!

I agree. I think they should do what they can to renegotiate Javon's contract and then try to trade him for a third round pick to somebody like Philly who needs a WR bad. Our best bet is to spend a little money on Bernard Berrian of Chicago. He is a legit deep threat speedster who would stretch the field and allow Marshall to run around after the catch if the defense is spread out. He wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg like Williams I don't think, which is good cause Javon will cost us whether he is on the team or not. I think a WR and Safety would be worth getting in free agency if the price is right. Other than that, the draft is the way to go.

denverprophet
02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Roy Williams would be a great addition IF... he wants to if he wants a championship badly enough he will play 1-2 with Marshall plus b marsh demands respect and Williams hasn't exactly lived up to his hype so he has something to prove. Rodgers would be great but unless Detroit bites for a trade involving Henry I don't see the DT coming here. I would rather have Rodgers any day. Jason Taylor is the one we should go after. Dumervil and Taylor with Moss and Crowder as subs would be very formidable. even use Moss and Crowder as DT like we did a little this past year. Get some quick strength up the middle. Moss is big enough to cause a disruption and Crowder is strong enough to play LB and Dline. I really don't see Williams coming here unless the Lions really want him out. Be nice though

JayCutler06
02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Roy Williams would be a great addition IF... he wants to if he wants a championship badly enough he will play 1-2 with Marshall plus b marsh demands respect and Williams hasn't exactly lived up to his hype so he has something to prove. Rodgers would be great but unless Detroit bites for a trade involving Henry I don't see the DT coming here. I would rather have Rodgers any day. Jason Taylor is the one we should go after. Dumervil and Taylor with Moss and Crowder as subs would be very formidable. even use Moss and Crowder as DT like we did a little this past year. Get some quick strength up the middle. Moss is big enough to cause a disruption and Crowder is strong enough to play LB and Dline. I really don't see Williams coming here unless the Lions really want him out. Be nice though

are you kidding what good does JT do if the QB just has to step up cause theres no won in the middle to collopes the pocket. rogers will be a bronco before williams will be. but id like to get both and signing boss baliley

Max Power
02-03-2008, 10:44 AM
are you kidding what good does JT do if the QB just has to step up cause theres no won in the middle to collopes the pocket. rogers will be a bronco before williams will be. but id like to get both and signing boss baliley

yeah then we'll be the Denver Lions.

JayCutler06
02-03-2008, 11:34 AM
yeah then we'll be the Denver Lions.

that fine by me. hmm rogers is better then any tackle we got right now. williams is better then walker. boss imho is better then any LB we have right now including DJ. draft a LT 1ST i prefer williams get a MLB in the 2nd. get rid of walker cut him trade him i dont care. 4th the safty from utep my sleeper safty. draft for depth with the rest of our picks. the d get addressed rogers DT MIKE LB 2nd . a very speedy lb in boss. a great 2nd reciever in williams hmm yes ill take that and to one step further sign grady jackson for deph thats a pretty good defence. the would be top 5 again

Offence
qb cutler
rb henery
fb sapp
te graham, sheffler
lt R C. WILLIAMS
lg hamellton
c nalen
rg kuper
rt pears
wr marshell, WILLIEMS stokley
thats an offence that scare the hell out of most defences
defance
de doom, crowder
dt tomas, ROGERS, jackson
lbs wwilliams m draft pick s boss
cb bly champ
safty john and the kid from utep

with that linup our d is top 10 again and this d is very doable

denverprophet
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
hey guys, since when did the lions become the defensive cream of the crop? Guess what they aren't so why do we want so many of their players. as for the comment theat Taylor would be useless if the quarterback just steps up... we have Thomas and Crowder played well at tackle this year. Plus I am not saying I wouldn't kill for Rodgers. But I think the Lions can get more than what we can give up. so I don't see that deal happening.

JayCutler06
02-04-2008, 02:14 PM
hey guys, since when did the lions become the defensive cream of the crop? Guess what they aren't so why do we want so many of their players. as for the comment theat Taylor would be useless if the quarterback just steps up... we have Thomas and Crowder played well at tackle this year. Plus I am not saying I wouldn't kill for Rodgers. But I think the Lions can get more than what we can give up. so I don't see that deal happening.

we dont?. foxy is probably about equal him .give them a 4th rd pick to sweetin the deal. we got enough its how BAD does shanny want him

JvDub95
02-04-2008, 03:05 PM

If you think that youth player don't have egos your sorely mistaken. Where do you think the Roy Williams, Chad Johnsons, Terrell Owens, Javon Walkers come from? They must have been great team players in college and had the team first attitudes then but as soon as they got to the pros, :rolleyes: