PDA

View Full Version : Footballsfuture.com Mock Draft

RC278430
02-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Mock Draft from footballsfuture.com:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=195189

This mock has Ellis going at #2, the Radiers getting Dorsey and Denver getting Mendenhall. I like the jersey effect.

Broncosinindy
02-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Hayden would be someone denver drafted!! i hate that pick everything else i wouldnt hate to bad, especially with a couple better fits still on the board

JayCutler06
02-03-2008, 08:38 AM
the more i read about chris williams the more i want him 1 sack given up all year 0.0 RT is a need

kratos_godofwar
02-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow a draft that finally makes sense as to why we will select BPA. Mendenhall or bust as I've said. And #27 would be perfect and very suiting.

lancane
02-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow a draft that finally makes sense as to why we will select BPA. Mendenhall or bust as I've said. And #27 would be perfect and very suiting.

That is one hell of a mock...If we could get a third and Bennett I would be stoked!

:salute:

lancane
02-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Hayden would be someone denver drafted!! i hate that pick everything else i wouldnt hate to bad, especially with a couple better fits still on the board

Nick Hayden will be one hell of a NT, he is my 'gem' NT, he has great upside and reminds me a lot of former Bronco Mike Lodish.

denver30
02-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Mock Draft from footballsfuture.com:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=195189

This mock has Ellis going at #2, the Radiers getting Dorsey and Denver getting Mendenhall. I like the jersey effect.

Great draft, except that if Stewart is still on the board we need him.;)

lancane
02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Great draft, except that if Stewart is still on the board we need him.;)

Stewart will fall 30, a lot of people saw that he was not as explosive as Mendenhall the other day, and before then everyone knew that Mendenhall had better top speed. I give your boy props, but he will fall and go to Arizona, Houston, Seattle or Dallas!

;)

denver30
02-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Stewart will fall 30, a lot of people saw that he was not as explosive as Mendenhall the other day, and before then everyone knew that Mendenhall had better top speed. I give your boy props, but he will fall and go to Arizona, Houston, Seattle or Dallas!

;)

I'll agree that he will fall lower than 12, but that's where the Broncos can be smart and trade down, pick up more picks and select Stewart.:cheers: Also, how did you conclude that Stewart lacks explosiveness? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLS6C0HKrMc&feature=related
Looks pretty explosive to me.

Even if he was not as explosive as Mendenhall he still warrents a selection becuase of the power he uses to get over the goaline and to get past the first down marker.

silkamilkamonic
02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I wonder if Denver's latest vote of confidence in Henry would deter them from even considering RB in the first?

I agree about any of the LB's and DT's left about nbot being middle round potential, and I think Phillips is a late first round value as well.

Unless they traded back, I would hate for them to reach for a position in need.

denver30
02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I wonder if Denver's latest vote of confidence in Henry would deter them from even considering RB in the first?

I agree about any of the LB's and DT's left about nbot being middle round potential, and I think Phillips is a late first round value as well.

I hope not. We need a rusher who will be a star for years to come. And that does not describe Henry. We also need a guy that will stay out of trouble and not distract the team. Also, not Henry. We need to draft at the very least Matt Forte out of Tulane, but Stewart or Mendenhall is the best pick.:)

lancane
02-03-2008, 01:09 PM

That is the thing Silk, they have not given Henry any vote of confidence, Henry basically used Williamson to do a report on what went wrong and that he was basically sorry - Bowlen, Sundquist, Shanahan nor Turner said anything that really credits Henry, he was basically begging for his job. Shanahan's presser basically shot Henry down, he did not say "I think Henry will be able to carry the load and will be fine next year" - instead he said "Hall and Young can not carry the load" and that "T.D. was the type of back who made a 9-7 team a 13-3 team". We all know Henry is no damn Davis, so nowhere has anyone boded any condfidence and truthfully I think Shanahan may despise him more, not because of the drug issue, but because he basically whinned about himself and his play to the papers, and proceeded to beg for another chance. As a coach I would prefer you contact me, tell me and not a damn reporter.

;)

Broncos724
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Love the pick, hate that they have him wearing #27 :sad:

Dream
02-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Ugh, you mean that people saw he wasn't as explosive in the skills competition?

He didn't give a damn, he dogged it the whole time. He wasn't trying.

lancane
02-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Ugh, you mean that people saw he wasn't as explosive in the skills competition?

He didn't give a damn, he dogged it the whole time. He wasn't trying.

No the other day not yesterday, there was draft talk on FSN about the running backs, one thing was said how Stewart was really powerful, but two on the panel talked about the explosiveness that Mendenhall brought and his top speed which was very comparable to McFadden. A lot of people Dream think Mendenhall will be the second back chosen in the draft, I know that my friends out in Washington have talked extensively on it, and the Seahawks would love for Stewart to fall to them because they would love to draft him. And there are alot of people who think Mendenhall and Jones will go in the teens...I happen to agree, even if you do not. As I said the other day the All-Star competition really did not hurt anyone except for maybe Choice, and that was only because he looked real horrid...but no way does it wipe out his Senior Bowl performance...and I still think he goes before Hart in the draft, unless Hart rocks the combine.

Dream
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
How bad are you going to cry if we take Stewart, LOL.

silkamilkamonic
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
The more I think about it, the more I want Stewart or Mendenhall.

And the more I don't want Conners/Rivers/any other DT /surely not Phillips/any other player. This is assuming there are no surprise slips in the draft, or not trading down(or up).

lancane
02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
How bad are you going to cry if we take Stewart, LOL.

I won't, Stewart will be a good running back, but I guarantee on the right team Mendenhall will be a better pro halfback. If he goes to Dallas, Houston or Seattle, we will look like the idiots! I would rather take Jones then Stewart even, that is what I believe...if we take Stewart, then oh well...but I would bet top dollar we do not.

;)

stnzed
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
12. Denver Broncos: Rashard Mendenhall-RB, Illinois
Why: The Broncos have the luxury of going BPA here. While defensive tackle and linebacker are huge needs, there is simply no player at either position that even warrants a top 20 pick, let alone #12. Sims, Balmer, and Connor are late first rounders. The Broncos had their worst rushing year in a LONG time, and it looks like Travis Henry was just a product of great blocking in Tennessee. Plus, Mendenhall just plain rules.

Throw LT in there with the "......huge needs" and this would sum my thoughts up exactly......

lancane
02-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Why: The Broncos have the luxury of going BPA here. While defensive tackle and linebacker are huge needs, there is simply no player at either position that even warrants a top 20 pick, let alone #12. Sims, Balmer, and Connor are late first rounders. The Broncos had their worst rushing year in a LONG time, and it looks like Travis Henry was just a product of great blocking in Tennessee. Plus, Mendenhall just plain rules.

Throw LT in there with the "......huge needs" and this would sum my thoughts up exactly......

I agree...but as I have said I do not think we will be taking Mendenhall at #12, I think we will take him at #15, I think we trade for Shaun Rogers, then take Mendenhall and then Arizona I believe will take Jones after us, so Stewart falls and he will either go to Houston, Seattle or Dallas depending on the rest of the first round.

BroncoKazuki
02-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I just had to quote this because this has been the call for those who want an RB in the 1st round... plus those who want Mendenhall in the first round.

Why: The Broncos have the luxury of going BPA here. While defensive tackle and linebacker are huge needs, there is simply no player at either position that even warrants a top 20 pick, let alone #12. Sims, Balmer, and Connor are late first rounders. The Broncos had their worst rushing year in a LONG time, and it looks like Travis Henry was just a product of great blocking in Tennessee. Plus, Mendenhall just plain rules

thaTruth13
02-03-2008, 04:34 PM
No the other day not yesterday, there was draft talk on FSN about the running backs, one thing was said how Stewart was really powerful, but two on the panel talked about the explosiveness that Mendenhall brought and his top speed which was very comparable to McFadden. A lot of people Dream think Mendenhall will be the second back chosen in the draft, I know that my friends out in Washington have talked extensively on it, and the Seahawks would love for Stewart to fall to them because they would love to draft him. And there are alot of people who think Mendenhall and Jones will go in the teens...I happen to agree, even if you do not. As I said the other day the All-Star competition really did not hurt anyone except for maybe Choice, and that was only because he looked real horrid...but no way does it wipe out his Senior Bowl performance...and I still think he goes before Hart in the draft, unless Hart rocks the combine.

this my friends is a joke. was there no film watched on choice? what he does on a all star competition and on the football fields are 2 diffrent things. he is one of the most underratted backs in this draft. it is a shame that people hear one thing and just ride it without looking at anything for themselves. he is a great back and people should really look at some film or something really productful instead of listening to what some bozo media guy says about a all star competition.

BroncoKazuki
02-03-2008, 04:45 PM
this my friends is a joke. was there no film watched on choice? what he does on a all star competition and on the football fields are 2 diffrent things. he is one of the most underratted backs in this draft. it is a shame that people hear one thing and just ride it without looking at anything for themselves. he is a great back and people should really look at some film or something really productful instead of listening to what some bozo media guy says about a all star competition.

Choice doesnt have that explosiveness, Not like the other backs, even Forte showed more explossiveness if you compare the both side by side.

If i wanted a safe bet i'd go for Choice, but if i wanted to risk it I'd go for Forte. thats if we didnt draft a 1st round 1st tier back.

As it stands Mendenhall shows the same explosiveness, as McFadden, can go head to head and hold his own if he goes against Stewart and by far outshines Jones. Mendenhall is the balance of things you want in a back so please stop being ignorant playing favoritism with Choice. We wont grab him.

I'd want to grab a 1st round RB but If we cannot and be forced out of the 1st round without an RB i'd rather go after Forte since he shows some explosiveness far more then Choice.

gyldenlove
02-03-2008, 06:04 PM
There is one big fat problem with this mock. Mendenhall is nowhere near the BPA pick.

Mike Jenkins, DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly are all better value. I would say even Sam Baker and Chris Williams are better value.

Mendenhall is like Marshawn Lynch, except a poor mans Marshawn Lynch. He has good explosiveness, he is pretty elusive, he has decent size, he is good outside the backfield - BUT he is not great. He doesn't have topend speed, he doesn't have the pure power, he lacks a few inches in height.

Marshawn Lynch, Haloti Ngata, Shawne Merriman, and Jonathan Vilma
The last 4 players picked 12 overall in the draft. Is Rashard Mendenhall a player who fits in that group? - no.

BroncoKazuki
02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
There is one big fat problem with this mock. Mendenhall is nowhere near the BPA pick.

Mike Jenkins, DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly are all better value. I would say even Sam Baker and Chris Williams are better value.

Mendenhall is like Marshawn Lynch, except a poor mans Marshawn Lynch. He has good explosiveness, he is pretty elusive, he has decent size, he is good outside the backfield - BUT he is not great. He doesn't have topend speed, he doesn't have the pure power, he lacks a few inches in height.

The last 4 players picked 12 overall in the draft. Is Rashard Mendenhall a player who fits in that group? - no.

Your 1/2 way right but also wrong,he's the 2nd back to go in the draft and is by far one of the better backs edging it out above Stewart. If he lands in the 14-15th range the trade to DET to grab their 1st Rodgers and their 3rd for our 1st and 5th makes all the more sense.

stnzed
02-03-2008, 06:20 PM
If Choice, Smith or Forte are drafted by the Broncos, they'll be gone in a couple of years......Just like the rest of the run-of-the-mill RB's the Broncos have had since Poorti$......

BroncoKazuki
02-03-2008, 06:23 PM
If Choice, Smith or Forte are drafted by the Broncos, they'll be gone in a couple of years......Just like the rest of the run-of-the-mill RB's the Broncos have had since Poorti$......

yep... thats the whole reason why we should draft RB at the 1st when we can.

stnzed
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I agree...but as I have said I do not think we will be taking Mendenhall at #12, I think we will take him at #15, I think we trade for Shaun Rogers, then take Mendenhall and then Arizona I believe will take Jones after us, so Stewart falls and he will either go to Houston, Seattle or Dallas depending on the rest of the first round.

Even if the Broncos can't move down, I hope they take a RB (Unless they get a wild hair up their ass and one of the LT's are there to take)......

stnzed
02-03-2008, 06:32 PM
yep... thats the whole reason why we should draft RB at the 1st when we can.

Drafting a RB every year or every other year isn't exactly "Building through the draft" is it?

It's more like "Reloading through the draft", which was fine when they were winning 10games every year......

BroncoKazuki
02-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Drafting a RB every year or every other year isn't exactly "Building through the draft" is it?

It's more like "Reloading through the draft", which was fine when they were winning 10games every year......

we should just draft an RB that can be with us for more then just 1 or 2 seasons.

Grabbing an RB in the first would fix that position for jsut more then 2 years. Witch gives us more drafts to work on the O-line and Defense.

I mean how many picks do we waste each year, on getting a new RB in the late rounds that could have been an O-linemen or Defensive player.

Probably a ton...

time to end this RB by committee and grab our franchise back wile we are in position to do so.

lancane
02-03-2008, 07:05 PM

Actually if you knew anything about me, maybe you would keep your mouth shut! Before the end of the season I had Choice as a 'gem' pick, and he quickly climbed the ladder into what could see him as a day one pick or at the latest as a third rounder. Not bad for a guy who was considered a mid round pick not long ago...but I still do not believe what so ever that he is as good as Jones or Mendenhall.

lancane
02-03-2008, 07:12 PM

The last 4 players picked 12 overall in the draft. Is Rashard Mendenhall a player who fits in that group? - no...Actually I believe so!

Jenkins is a cornerback genius...we already spend the most on that position! Jackson would not fit on this roster, he is a bonified 'me' player, Kelly is sliding down the boards a bit, Baker may not even go in the top 20 and Chris Williams is still not a top 15 pick...do you actually listen to the ratings or do you make your own? Mendenhall is considered by many to be better then Lynch and has less health issues then Lynch, he has great explosiveness, terrific top end speed, he is elusive and he carries 225lbs. on his frame doing it.

silkamilkamonic
02-03-2008, 07:24 PM

Last year at this time, Marshawn Lynch was a poor man's Marshayn Lynch. An inability to stay healthy, character issues, not much power, and lacked top end speed.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Dream
02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I won't, Stewart will be a good running back, but I guarantee on the right team Mendenhall will be a better pro halfback. If he goes to Dallas, Houston or Seattle, we will look like the idiots! I would rather take Jones then Stewart even, that is what I believe...if we take Stewart, then oh well...but I would bet top dollar we do not.

;)

You guaranteed last year that Kenny Irons was the truth, and look at him now!

lancane
02-03-2008, 08:34 PM
You guaranteed last year that Kenny Irons was the truth, and look at him now!

I never guaranteed anything except that Irons could be a solid halfback in our system and we needed that -- we still do, I wanted Marshawn Lynch but what did I say? "Denver does not draft often from the Pac-10 and so we might not take Lynch", and last time I checked, every top halfback drafted by Cinncinati has had horrid careers or some other life altering change...So say what you want, I was not wrong with Lynch, nor Peterson and not with Addai either. I said Bush was overrated and I was right, so believe what you want Dream.

Dream
02-04-2008, 09:38 AM
It's pretty hard to be wrong about consensus first round selections like Lynch, Peterson and Addai, so I don't know what you're trying to prove. Most people thought Bush was overrated anyways; and I don't think he was ever drafted with the intentions of being a full time back. He can catch the ball, run the ball and return the ball. Overrated as a back? Certainly. Overrated as a quality player who is accounted for by every team and brings dynamic to the New Orleans offense? Nope.

Nothing ground breaking there. My point is that each year, you end up salivating over a back and pimp him to the extreme. Last year it was Irons, this year it's Mendenhall. They're not even in the same league, but this discussion is getting so old, so quick.

gyldenlove
02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Jenkins is a cornerback genius...we already spend the most on that position! Jackson would not fit on this roster, he is a bonified 'me' player, Kelly is sliding down the boards a bit, Baker may not even go in the top 20 and Chris Williams is still not a top 15 pick...do you actually listen to the ratings or do you make your own? Mendenhall is considered by many to be better then Lynch and has less health issues then Lynch, he has great explosiveness, terrific top end speed, he is elusive and he carries 225lbs. on his frame doing it.

Oh ****, that is my mistake there for including players who play another position than runningback, that confused you.

I know Jenkins is a cornerback, I also know he is better value than Mendenhall at 12th. Bly and Bailey are both getting up there in age, Foxworth either has to start or he will leave in FA next year and while Paymah has improved lately, having just 3 CB just doesn't cut in the NFL. With Jenkins size he could be moved to FS, a position where we do have a marginal need.

As for your question, I don't make my own rankings. I have to admit I took a look at nfldraftscout.com and their rankings. They currently have Mendenhall ranked 18, below players such as, Chris Williams (17), Jenkins (10), Jackson (12). I know having more than one source is very confusing to people of limited intelligence, but do try to not blindly believe everything you read.

I don't know where you get his top end speed from. He is no McFadden or Jones when it comes to speed.

The big issue with him though, is that most of his production have come against, lets face it, bad teams. Except for a one good run against USC, he was mediocre (and often less than) at best vs good teams.

lancane
02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
It's pretty hard to be wrong about consensus first round selections like Lynch, Peterson and Addai, so I don't know what you're trying to prove. Most people thought Bush was overrated anyways; and I don't think he was ever drafted with the intentions of being a full time back. He can catch the ball, run the ball and return the ball. Overrated as a back? Certainly. Overrated as a quality player who is accounted for by every team and brings dynamic to the New Orleans offense? Nope.

Nothing ground breaking there. My point is that each year, you end up salivating over a back and pimp him to the extreme. Last year it was Irons, this year it's Mendenhall. They're not even in the same league, but this discussion is getting so old, so quick.

It would be different if we had a true halfback would it not Dream? But we keep the same trend going...and Dream, you have little to back up your point and that must really bother you, I said Moss would not make an immediate impact for us and I said I was leary he would be a bust, but like you I was big on Crowder. I also liked Marcus Thomas, and this year is no different. I like Ellis and Dorsey, but I also see the lack of talent available to us at the 12th overall spot and the fact we can not touch either of those two tackles...

And sorry for you if the argument is getting old, watching fodder ruin the dominance of the offense bothers me more!

fraguela09
02-04-2008, 02:32 PM
I would love that draft. Looking at that 3rd round just reiterates, to me, DEN's need to grab another 2-3 round pick.

RB-LB-WR-DT-OT in the first four rounds

a FS and FB in the 5th...

BPA and a P in the 7th...

Let's go Broncos!