PDA

View Full Version : Broncomania's Official "GM" Draft: Sign Up here.

Dream
02-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll have the rules and everything set on a little later, but right now I want to get everyone who wants to be a willing GM to control a team in this years draft. That includes evaluating talent, making trades and of course making the picks. I want dedicated people who will be here on time for their selections and can really make this an exciting experience.

I know that in the earlier thread, people said the Broncos could be reserved for me since I'm putting the effort into this - but I want to ask you all again if that's okay - or would you all like your names thrown into a hat and randomly drawn to see who gets it? Just let me know!

I think the best way to do the rest of the GM Draft for team selection is doing what the OM is doing and randomly throwing names into a hat and drawing. Exceptions will be made, if you have a team of preference. If you really prefer a team, post it in here (coherently) and I will accommodate you as best as possible. However, if someone else is interested in the same team, a draw of the hat or a coin flip will take place (pending the amount of interest) and it'll be settled that way. Those who do not get their preferred team will be thrown into the rest of the drawing for the other teams available.

The Broncos cannot be asked for, and I will gauge your responses to see what we'll do with them in reference to the aforementioned question.

As soon as we get a full slate of people, I'll post the rules (you guys can come up with ideas as well, feel free to PM) and we'll get this underway. I'll be waiting for a good solid draft order (no compensatory selections) so just wait on that.

Everyone is welcome to sign up (even the ladies) and if you have any questions PM me. I'll do the best I can to answer.

Thanks, and enjoy this guys - it can be a real treat.

:cheers:

GM's in the Broncomania Draft Pool

Dream (Broncos)
Nick (Falcons)
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro (Seattle)
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Colts)
Northern Lights (Washington)
CinnaMunMun (Saints)
DJ 55 (Vikings)
Sniperyus (New England)
Schism (Bears)
Foolio2000 (Rams)
GBT31 (Steelers)
Lancane (Buffalo)
Theonlymember (49ers)
Max Power (Dolphins)
ChrisSimpy (Jaguars)
SM19 (Carolina)
BroncoAV06 (Titans)
Zanders76 (Kansas City)
The Hamburgler (San Diego)
Lorcust (Cowboys)
Draco193 (Browns)
Denver30 (Cardinals)
Elwayfan805 (Tampa Bay)
Momentum (NY Jets)
Kon (Baltimore)
BroncoKazuki (Packers)
TheFuture6 (Eagles)
Fraguela09 (Patriots)
Broncos9697 (Lions)
WhoDeyBengals (Bengals)

WE HAVE THE GM'S AND TEAMS!

Nick
02-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I am in. Also willing to help out with anything. :salute:

Spyder
02-04-2008, 09:30 AM
I remember this from last year, it was pretty cool.

I'll join up again.

JoRo
02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Count me in for shizzle ma nizzle!

And if you need help with anything I wouldn't mind in the least if I can!

Glad you doing this again Dream :)

BroncosTX77
02-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Count me in~

I like the names in the hat idea, but more than willing to take hometown Texans or continue on with the Cardinals :salute:

Broncos724
02-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm all in :salute:

I suppose after the Broncos I know the Bengals the best but WhoDey will probably want them, if somehow he doesn't play I'd like to have them, otherwise it doesn't matter to me.

Northern Lights
02-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I like the idea of names in a hat for everybody

CinnaMunMun
02-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm in again. T'was fun last year. :D

sniperyus
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
im in!!!:salute:

Schism
02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm in if that's cool. :salute:

I'll take Da Bears if nobody else wants them?

foolio2000
02-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I have watched y'all do this the past couple years, and it always looked fun.

So, this year I'm in.

I like the hat idea.

Gbt31
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I def want in.

lancane
02-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Count me in...:cheers:

It would be probably good to hand me one of the New York Franchises Dream...I prefer Buffalo, but I would be willing to run the G-Men or the Jets if need be!

Theonlymember
02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm in also. If possible I would like to take the 49ers or Seahawks.

Max Power
02-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I\\\'ll have the rules and everything set on a little later, but right now I want to get everyone who wants to be a willing GM to control a team in this years draft. That includes evaluating talent, making trades and of course making the picks. I want dedicated people who will be here on time for their selections and can really make this an exciting experience.

I know that in the earlier thread, people said the Broncos could be reserved for me since I\\\'m putting the effort into this - but I want to ask you all again if that\\\'s okay - or would you all like your names thrown into a hat and randomly drawn to see who gets it? Just let me know!

I think the best way to do the rest of the GM Draft for team selection is doing what the OM is doing and randomly throwing names into a hat and drawing. Exceptions will be made, if you have a team of preference. If you really prefer a team, post it in here (coherently) and I will accommodate you as best as possible. However, if someone else is interested in the same team, a draw of the hat or a coin flip will take place (pending the amount of interest) and it\\\'ll be settled that way. Those who do not get their preferred team will be thrown into the rest of the drawing for the other teams available.

The Broncos cannot be asked for, and I will gauge your responses to see what we\\\'ll do with them in reference to the aforementioned question.

As soon as we get a full slate of people, I\\\'ll post the rules (you guys can come up with ideas as well, feel free to PM) and we\\\'ll get this underway. I\\\'ll be waiting for a good solid draft order (no compensatory selections) so just wait on that.

Everyone is welcome to sign up (even the ladies) and if you have any questions PM me. I\\\'ll do the best I can to answer.

GM\\\'s in the Broncomania Draft Pool

Dream
Nick
Spyder

I wish to be included in this. Give me the Dolphins if possible.

Also, if you do a committee that decides on trades, I\\\'d like to be on that as well.

ChrisSimpy
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I'll give this a try

Hat idea I like but up to everyone

jaguars if we dont do hat

BroncoAV06
02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Was active last year and of course count me in again this year!

Zanders76
02-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm game. Seems interesting. Can do something with all this draft studying I've been doing. KC if possible.

Dream
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks guys, and I'll have an updated list ASAP. Just got back from seeing Ron Paul, and am uploading some pictures and I have a study group in an hour, so I'll have some stuff done by later this evening!

JoRo
02-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys, and I'll have an updated list ASAP. Just got back from seeing Ron Paul, and am uploading some pictures and I have a study group in an hour, so I'll have some stuff done by later this evening!

K, thanks Dream, and I don't have a preference other than: I do NOT want an AFC West team.

other than that whatever the hat decides I am game for (if we go that route) I actually like that idea as it kind of forces most fans to look into that team and in a way kind of broadens our views on other teams needs to in relation to our own.

I'm weird like that though.

The Hamburgler
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Dream, you know i am in. I will take the broncos if possible

Lorcust
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Count me in.

I'll take the following teams in order of preference and availability:

Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Arizona Cardinals

Kon
02-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm in, if it's still open. I'll take any team but the Patriots.. ;)

fraguela09
02-04-2008, 03:24 PM
If there's still room... count me in!

HORSEPOWER 56
02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Count me in Dream! I'll do Detroit again this year (if available).

crazybronco
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
:salute:im in

D.J.55
02-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Im in. can i have the vikings?

Spyder
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Instead of letting people pick teams of preference, I think it'd be better if you drew names. Even if we got stuck with teams we don't like, it'd be kind of fun to research them and it would help open our eyes up a little more.

But.. if you prefer us pick a team.. I wouldn't mind Oakland, New Orleans or St. Louis. =P

CinnaMunMun
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh yea, if we do pick our own teams, I would like the Saints again. :D

BroncosTX77
02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Folks, please if you sign up be active. Last year started off good, but ppl stopped doing it and it just got outta hand.

draco193
02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I didnt count how many people had signed up, but, if there are openings, I would like a shot.

denver30
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm in, sounds cool. I'd be interested in Arizona if that's okay. But any team would do except New England

Dream
02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Updated List (23 GM's)

Dream
Nick
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Bengals)
Northern Lights
CinnaMunMun
Sniperyus
Schism (Bears)
Foolio2000
GBT31
Lancane (Buffalo)
Theonlymember (49ers)
Max Power (Dolphins)
ChrisSimpy (Jaguars)
SM19 (Carolina)
BroncoAV06
Zanders76 (Kansas City)
The Hamburgler
Lorcust (Cowboys)
Draco193
Denver30

So guys, that's 23 teams. Everyone who picked a team it looks like will get their primary choice.

If you guys who haven't chose a team would like one, let me know! The teams that are already chosen are shown next to the names of those in it. If anyone else would like to prefer a team, other than getting drawn a team, speak now or forever hold your peace!

ALSO - should I get the Broncos, or should we throw that into the hat to draw?

Let me know!

lancane
02-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Updated List (23 GM's)

Dream
Nick
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Bengals)
Northern Lights
CinnaMunMun
Sniperyus
Schism (Bears)
Foolio2000
GBT31
Lancane (Buffalo)
Theonlymember (49ers)
Max Power (Dolphins)
ChrisSimpy (Jaguars)
SM19 (Carolina)
BroncoAV06
Zanders76 (Kansas City)
The Hamburgler
Lorcust (Cowboys)
Draco193
Denver30

So guys, that's 23 teams. Everyone who picked a team it looks like will get their primary choice.

If you guys who haven't chose a team would like one, let me know! The teams that are already chosen are shown next to the names of those in it. If anyone else would like to prefer a team, other than getting drawn a team, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Let me know!

Thanks Dream...but usually we let you have the Broncos bro, and I think it should remain that way, you have always done well!

;)

Dream
02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
It doesn't really matter to me; I'll take them but I'm perfectly comfortable throwing it into the pool. I'd just ask for the Packers anyways.

foolio2000
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
If we are picking teams I will take the Rams.

I also say that you should get the Broncos Dream

lancane
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
It doesn't really matter to me; I'll take them but I'm perfectly comfortable throwing it into the pool. I'd just ask for the Packers anyways.

Okay cool...lol. Thanks for Buffalo by the way! ;)

Dream
02-04-2008, 07:02 PM
If we are picking teams I will take the Rams.

I also say that you should get the Broncos Dream

You got 'em!

denver30
02-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Updated List (23 GM's)

Dream
Nick
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Bengals)
Northern Lights
CinnaMunMun
Sniperyus
Schism (Bears)
Foolio2000
GBT31
Lancane (Buffalo)
Theonlymember (49ers)
Max Power (Dolphins)
ChrisSimpy (Jaguars)
SM19 (Carolina)
BroncoAV06
Zanders76 (Kansas City)
The Hamburgler
Lorcust (Cowboys)
Draco193
Denver30

Let me know!

Denver 30 here, sign me up for the Cardinals.

Dream
02-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Everything should be up to date and correct, check the main post. :cheers:

denver30
02-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Everything should be up to date and correct, check the main post. :cheers:

Whoops... Thanks Dream.

draco193
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I dont mind being tossed into the pool. But, if noone else would want them, Ill take the Cardinals. If someone else wants them though, they are theirs.

Dream can have Denver. He puts this together, he should get the biggest reward.

BroncosTX77
02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Also don't forget, most of this is done through PM's. So please adjust settings so that you can send and receive PM's as well as be sure to try and keep Inbox/outbox as clear as possible.

elwayfan805
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
ill take the vikings if thats alright

Momentum
02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Give me the highest remaining team (Cincy?)

Momentum
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
NY Jets.. give me them

Kon
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I'll take Baltimore first, Detroit second or.. Seattle.. Not sure how you skipped my name in the thing but I posted on page two for a team. Unless I am not eligible of course.

*Edited*

BroncosTX77
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll take Detroit first or Seattle second.. Not sure how you skipped my name in the thing but I posted on page two for a team. Unless I am not eligible of course.

You didnt exactly specify which team tho. ;)

Kon
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
You didnt exactly specify which team tho. ;)

Didn't look at the list. It's so hard to pick after Denver! So, in order of preference, depending on who is available I would pick:

1st choice: Baltimore

2nd choice: Detroit

3rd choice: Seattle

Nick
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought we were going to do it auto... like picking names out of a hat... Well you can give me my team last year if Raiders are available. If not you can give me. Falcons, then Miami, then Skins, then cowboys, then giants, then eagles, then KC, then San Diego, then whatever...

Northern Lights
02-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I'll take the Vikings if were choosing teams but I also thought we were drawing names out of a hat which sounded like a more fun idea. I'll just be happy enough to participate though

Nick
02-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I thought we were going to do it auto... like picking names out of a hat... Well you can give me my team last year if Raiders are available. If not you can give me. Falcons, then Miami, then Skins, then cowboys, then giants, then eagles, then KC, then San Diego, then whatever...

Read list, give me Falcons. I will always take the team that has most holes (Like raiders prev. year) <- hint to spyder if he would like for me to have raiders :smile:

If some how Falcons are unavailable. You can give me the Skins

BroncoKazuki
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
If the Packers arent Taken I'll go ahead and be their GM

Dream take the Broncos So i can have the packers ;)

TheFuture6
02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Yo Dream, I was wondering if we were gonna attempt this again. Nice! I ran the Eagles last year, I actually drafted Kevin Kolb for them early in the 2nd round, go figure :goofy:. Anyways, Ill take whatever youve got left, I have no preferences unless Denver is still on the board ;). I think its fair that you get them, but if you wanna draw, thats cool. Thanks!

BroncoAV06
02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
I am up for a challenge, I will take the Falcons. 2nd) Titains.

D.J.55
02-05-2008, 04:21 AM
I'll take the Vikings if were choosing teams but I also thought we were drawing names out of a hat which sounded like a more fun idea. I'll just be happy enough to participate though

ill take the vikings if thats alright

This Team has been spokin for. Check the Main post and you'll see what teams have been claimed.

elwayfan805
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
can i get the saints then?

fraguela09
02-05-2008, 01:22 PM
If you need another GM... I'll take the Falcons.

Dream
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM

Dream (Broncos)
Nick (Falcons)
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Bengals)
Northern Lights
CinnaMunMun (Saints)
DJ 55 (Vikings)
Sniperyus
Schism (Bears)
Foolio2000 (Rams)
GBT31
Lancane (Buffalo)
Theonlymember (49ers)
Max Power (Dolphins)
ChrisSimpy (Jaguars)
SM19 (Carolina)
BroncoAV06 (Titans)
Zanders76 (Kansas City)
The Hamburgler
Lorcust (Cowboys)
Draco193 (Browns)
Denver30 (Cardinals)
Elwayfan805
Momentum (NY Jets)
Kon (Baltimore)
BroncoKazuki (Packers)
TheFuture6 (Eagles)
Fraguela09
Broncos9697 (Lions)

So guys, that's 31 GMs. WE STILL NEED ONE MORE!

Teams that haven't been picked are New England, San Diego, Indianapolis, New York (Giants), Pittsburgh, Seattle, Washington and Tampa Bay.

Those who haven't picked can choose from those remaining teams; if not you'll be randomly drawn. We still need two more GM's so first come first serve!

broncos9697
02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I'll have the rules and everything set on a little later, but right now I want to get everyone who wants to be a willing GM to control a team in this years draft. That includes evaluating talent, making trades and of course making the picks. I want dedicated people who will be here on time for their selections and can really make this an exciting experience.

I know that in the earlier thread, people said the Broncos could be reserved for me since I'm putting the effort into this - but I want to ask you all again if that's okay - or would you all like your names thrown into a hat and randomly drawn to see who gets it? Just let me know!

I think the best way to do the rest of the GM Draft for team selection is doing what the OM is doing and randomly throwing names into a hat and drawing. Exceptions will be made, if you have a team of preference. If you really prefer a team, post it in here (coherently) and I will accommodate you as best as possible. However, if someone else is interested in the same team, a draw of the hat or a coin flip will take place (pending the amount of interest) and it'll be settled that way. Those who do not get their preferred team will be thrown into the rest of the drawing for the other teams available.

The Broncos cannot be asked for, and I will gauge your responses to see what we'll do with them in reference to the aforementioned question.

As soon as we get a full slate of people, I'll post the rules (you guys can come up with ideas as well, feel free to PM) and we'll get this underway. I'll be waiting for a good solid draft order (no compensatory selections) so just wait on that.

Everyone is welcome to sign up (even the ladies) and if you have any questions PM me. I'll do the best I can to answer.

Dream (Broncos)
Nick (Falcons)
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Bengals)
Northern Lights
CinnaMunMun (Saints)
DJ 55 (Vikings)
Sniperyus
Schism (Bears)
Foolio2000 (Rams)
GBT31
Lancane (Buffalo)
Theonlymember (49ers)
Max Power (Dolphins)
ChrisSimpy (Jaguars)
SM19 (Carolina)
BroncoAV06 (Titans)
Zanders76 (Kansas City)
The Hamburgler
Lorcust (Cowboys)
Draco193
Denver30 (Cardinals)
Elwayfan805
Momentum (NY Jets)
Kon (Baltimore)
BroncoKazuki (Packers)
TheFuture6 (Eagles)
Fraguela09

So guys, that's 30 GMs. WE STILL NEED TWO MORE!

Teams that haven't been picked are New England, Detroit, San Diego, Indianapolis, Cleveland, New York (Giants), Pittsburgh, Seattle, Washington and Tampa Bay.

Those who haven't picked can choose from those remaining teams; if not you'll be randomly drawn. We still need two more GM's so first come first serve!

if not to late I'll take the lions..

draco193
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Hmm, since the team pool is dwindling, I will take the Browns.

Dream
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM

Dream (Broncos)
Nick (Falcons)
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Bengals)
Northern Lights
CinnaMunMun (Saints)
DJ 55 (Vikings)
Sniperyus
Schism (Bears)
Foolio2000 (Rams)
GBT31
Lancane (Buffalo)
Theonlymember (49ers)
Max Power (Dolphins)
ChrisSimpy (Jaguars)
SM19 (Carolina)
BroncoAV06 (Titans)
Zanders76 (Kansas City)
The Hamburgler
Lorcust (Cowboys)
Draco193 (Browns)
Denver30 (Cardinals)
Elwayfan805
Momentum (NY Jets)
Kon (Baltimore)
BroncoKazuki (Packers)
TheFuture6 (Eagles)
Fraguela09
Broncos9697 (Lions)

So guys, that's 31 GMs. WE STILL NEED ONE MORE!

Teams that haven't been picked are New England, San Diego, Indianapolis, New York (Giants), Pittsburgh, Seattle, Washington and Tampa Bay.

THERE GUYS

ONE MORE!

fraguela09
02-06-2008, 01:59 PM
I'll take the PATS then... please!

Gbt31
02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry, I thought we were doing all random, Ill take Steelers.

Kon
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Awesome, I got Baltimore. ;)

I was just wondering when there is going to be a bigger description and when trades are going to start. What exactly can we affect? Can we trade players? Will there be a free agency? Etc. I'll be patient though. :goofy:

elwayfan805
02-06-2008, 05:29 PM
ill take tampa then

WhoDeyBengals
02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
DAMMIT.

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Crap crap crap crap crap.

Dream
02-06-2008, 06:19 PM
DAMMIT.

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Crap crap crap crap crap.

Ask the guy who has the Bengals if he'll switch. That'd make a full roster, and we'd be ready to go by this weekend!

Kon
02-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Pretty amped to get this started. Should be fun. Already have several trades in mind and joined the Baltimore message board.

The Hamburgler
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
chargers.....

BroncosTX77
02-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Dream to try and get this stickied so it doesn't fall off page 1.

Zanders76
02-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Dream, I haven't played this before what is the goal? Are there rankings or is it just something to do?

Broncos724
02-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Dream, I've agreed to give the Bengals to WhoDey. I'll take the Colts if they're still around.

Dream
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Awesome everyone!

With WhoDey in it, that's all of the teams. I'll draw the teams for those who haven't picked, I'll get the rules up later this evening and we'll get this shindig started! It'll explain EVERYTHING in the new thread being created. :)

Dream
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Teams have randomly been picked so everyone go to the first post and see who has who and what you're up against.

If you notice any errors, let me know.

I'm finishing up the rules soon, and we'll go for there. The first should be sometime Sunday night if all goes smoothly!

Dream
02-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Bump! :cheers:

Kon
02-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Bump! :cheers:

Why bump, haven't we all signed up already? :confused:

ChrisSimpy
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Why bump, haven't we all signed up already? :confused:

Im assuming incase someone isnt active or someone drops out

crazybronco
02-09-2008, 09:05 PM
hey if some one needs to drop out ill take there spot

BroncosTX77
02-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Due to last years drama, We should at least have the rule that if you do not attempt to make your first round pick or at least give Dream your big board if you think you wont make it then they get replaced for the rest of the draft.

Nick
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Dream (Broncos)
Nick (Falcons)
Spyder (Oakland)
Joro (Seattle)
BroncosTX77 (Texans)
Broncos724 (Colts)
Northern Lights (Washington)
CinnaMunMun (Saints)
DJ 55 (Vikings)
Sniperyus (New England)