PDA

View Full Version : TRADE IDEA: Javon Walker to Philly...

fraguela09
02-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Javon Walker goes to Philly, along w/ Denver's 2nd rounder and DEN's second 5th round selection, for the 19th pick in the first round?

WHo much would it cost for DEN to move up 25 spots? From 12th pick in 2nd round to 19th in 1st (remember, there's no 32nd pick)...

Philly's 1st rounder (19th pick) is worth: 875 points.
DEN's 2nd round pick (44th pick) is worth: 460 points
DEN's 2nd 5th round (140th pick) is worth: 36 points

496 points for 875 points? Is that correct? How desperate are the Eagles to grant Mcnabb's request to get him a play maker? How desperate are they to gamble on Walker?

WOuld this trade be better if we target Philly's 2nd or 3rd rounder? If we tossed in a 2009 pick?

denver30
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Javon Walker goes to Philly, along w/ Denver's 2nd rounder and DEN's second 5th round selection, for the 19th pick in the first round (Philly's 1st rounder)?

WHo much would it cost for DEN to move up 25 spots? From 12th pick in 2nd round to 19th in 1st (remember, there's no 32nd pick)...

It's feasible but why would Philly want Javon? They have too many holes they need to fill to go for Javon. Now if we traded Javon to Minnesota, that would work.

silkamilkamonic
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Oh please no..

We need picks. We don't need to get rid of them.

Max Power
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
It\'s feasible but why would Philly want Javon? They have too many holes they need to fill to go for Javon. Now if we traded Javon to Minnesota, that would work.

WR is one of their biggest needs. Neither Reggie Brown nor Kevin Curtis nor Jason Avant are #1 receivers. Javon is.

I think Philly might do that trade, but why would we? Who would we be targeting with that pick?

broncofansd
02-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Maybe Javon Walker and our 2nd Round Pick for Philly's 1st Round.

Philly has already said that they are interested in Javon Walker.

denver30
02-05-2008, 03:50 PM
WR is one of their biggest needs. Neither Reggie Brown nor Kevin Curtis nor Jason Avant are #1 receivers. Javon is.

I think Philly might do that trade, but why would we? Who would we be targeting with that pick?

We could pick up both an offensive and defensive player. Think Jonathan Stewart at 19 and Keith Rivers at 12. Also, Philly will not be going anywhere any time soon and Javon would not want to go there. And Philly should not seek a vet receiver when they have so much uncertainty.

fraguela09
(1) We could hope Phillips, Williams, or Mendenhall-Stewart slip. Well, say we grab one of these with the 12th pick, we can grab another here...

OR...

(2) We trade out again... grab a second, third and something else?

Schism
Oh please no..

We need picks. We don't need to get rid of them.

We'd basically be losing a 5th round pick and moving up a ton of places with our second pick on draft day. It'd be a magnificent deal if Philadelphia would accept it.

Not a chance they would though, this scenario values Walker at a mid 2nd round pick, which is outrageous.

fraguela09
02-05-2008, 03:53 PM
We could pick up both an offensive and defensive player. Think Jonathan Stewart at 19 and Keith Rivers at 12. Also, Philly will not be going anywhere any time soon and Javon would not want to go there. And Philly should not seek a vet receiver when they have so much uncertainty.

I thought about this... BUT, at the end of last year Philly was one of the better teams. Does that mean they pull a Green Bay next year? Or a San Fran? Hard to tell...

BUT, I imagine it gave Reid and Philly hope. Westbrook, Mcnabb and that defense were rock solid down the stretch. This might lead them to believe they are closer than some think... Using Green Bay as an example... And Pats... Maybe they make a play for a WR? They still get a high second, and most think that late 1st-to-early second is about equal value in terms of prospects in this draft!

Schism
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
If they're interested in him we could possibly package Walker with one of our 5th rounders in exchange for Philly's 3rd round pick, and even then we'd be doing well to pull that off.

Walker has very poor trade value, we'll not get much for him.

denver30
02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I thought about this... BUT, at the end of last year Philly was one of the better teams. Does that mean they pull a Green Bay next year? Or a San Fran? Hard to tell...

BUT, I imagine it gave Reid and Philly hope. Westbrook, Mcnabb and that defense were rock solid down the stretch. This might lead them to believe they are closer than some think... Using Green Bay as an example... And Pats... Maybe they make a play for a WR? They still get a high second, and most think that late 1st-to-early second is about equal value in terms of prospects in this draft!

Maybe, but the value is still off and I don't think Javon would want to go to Philly who may loose McNabb. That being said, if we could pull off this trade, I would be pleased.:D ;) :cheers:

BroncoKazuki
02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Javon is worth at best a low 5th High 6th round pick

this is too risky either way you cut it.

I rather do a strait trade for one of their WR.

Like you said their 2 WR's arent considered number 1 threats so why not one of their WR for Javon.

But I rather trade to Dallas who we can pawn off a 6th round pick for him witch would be better then botching our draft. Witch this trade really does for just 2 1st round picks.

fraguela09
02-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I do agree that we would be lucky to get a 3rd for him. I imagine with both Philly and Minny right on that edge... we might be able to get one team to jump (sort of like what GB did in 2005)... and grab a third!

This is probably more likely... given what Javon's value is right now.

denver30
02-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Javon is worth at best a low 5th High 6th round pick

this is too risky either way you cut it.

I rather do a strait trade for one of their WR.

Like you said their 2 WR's arent considered number 1 threats so why not one of their WR for Javon.

But I rather trade to Dallas who we can pawn off a 6th round pick for him witch would be better then botching our draft. Witch this trade really does for just 2 1st round picks.

How would that be botching our draft??? Essentially we trade up from the second round and only loose a fifth rounder. I don't think Philly would go for the trade, but if they did, I would be stoked.:D

fraguela09
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I have a feeling Shanny will do everything possible to grab another Day One pick... I think I even remeber hearing how.... if Harrell or Timmons fell to DEN... they would have traded back in to the 1st and grabbed Moss along with the other.

AND.. given Shanny and the Boss' comments about building through the draft... I'm convinced we do something... EVEN IF that means trading a pick from 2009 draft.

hellomrwilson56
02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Why would Philly be interested in Javon if Arizona is willing to part ways with Fitz who is younger, and healthier than Javon. I think there are better/healthier receivers out there that are more beneficial for the Eagles. I think if we don't keep Javon, he'll most likely just be cut. It could almost be similar in with the Al Wilson ordeal.

BroncoKazuki
02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I have a feeling Shanny will do everything possible to grab another Day One pick... I think I even remeber hearing how.... if Harrell or Timmons fell to DEN... they would have traded back in to the 1st and grabbed Moss along with the other.

AND.. given Shanny and the Boss' comments about building through the draft... I'm convinced we do something... EVEN IF that means trading a pick from 2009 draft.

another day 1 pick virtually means another round 2 pick.

Would be too expensive to even scratch the round 1, but it would be wiser to grab another round 2 pick.

Mostly because round 1 and 2 are on the same day. rounds 3 and 4 day 2, 5 6 7 day 3 I think.

the bottom of the first Draft picks 25-32 by point value
25th & 26th pick = 750pts
27th- 30th pick = 720 pts
31st pick = 700pts
32nd pick = 680 pts

the 32nd pick is worth equal to a 2nd rounds 33rd pick that Miami has at 680 pts

So in question a Day 1 pick doesnt mean 1st round it means 2nd round because if we try climbing into the first we'll get screwed point wise. And I doubt Javon is worth much, we may get alot thats if ppl try to outbid eachother, but flat out Javon is best worth a low 5th (30pts) to high 6th (20pts).

So how you slice it unless we spend big (draft wise) getting another round 1 pick would screw us out.

Thats why I think if we can somewhat salvage our 3rd and grab DET's 3rd we can move into the 2nd and grab another 4th from another team.

fraguela09
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
REMEMBER: There is no 32nd pick this year. Pats lost it.

Bronkster
02-05-2008, 07:53 PM
round 1 and 2 are on the same day. rounds 3 and 4 day 2, 5 6 7 day 3 I think.

They changed it? Are there three days this year?

BroncoKazuki
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM

I know that day 1 consist of round 1 and 2.

i'll just wiki it when i get time right now i got a paper to write

Max Power
02-05-2008, 08:13 PM

Only two rounds will take place during the first day, changing from three in previous years. The draft will also start at 3:00 p.m. US EDT, after starting at noon in previous years. Limits in the amount of time a team has to make a selection have also changed: the first round has been reduced from fifteen minutes to ten, and the second round was reduced from ten minutes to seven. The second day will begin at 10:00 a.m. US EDT, for the remaining five rounds with no changes to the five-minute selection time limit.[3]

Straight from Wiki, the ultimate source for knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft

MindField
02-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Javon Walker goes to Philly, along w/ Denver's 2nd rounder and DEN's second 5th round selection, for the 19th pick in the first round?

Philly's 1st rounder (19th pick) is worth: 875 points.
DEN's 2nd round pick (44th pick) is worth: 460 points
DEN's 2nd 5th round (140th pick) is worth: 36 points

496 points for 875 points? Is that correct? How desperate are the Eagles to grant Mcnabb's request to get him a play maker? How desperate are they to gamble on Walker?

WOuld this trade be better if we target Philly's 2nd or 3rd rounder? If we tossed in a 2009 pick?

I think Oklahoma's Malcom Kelly, once the Combine happens, will be right around that #20 area, so if you are Philly, why not simply take him rather than gamble on 'damaged goods'? Andy Reid is a pretty smart guy....not sure I would count on him making a foolish trade...it is possible Walker could end up in Philly, as WR is a need, but it would more likely be for a straight up 3rd rounder.

All in all, I would keep Javon Walker rather than fire sale him for a 3rd round pick, which is what the Broncos are probably looking at in return, if they are that lucky.