PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall ranked ahead of Mcfadden on Mayocks Ranking!!

megatraun
02-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Broncos have other needs such as DT,LB,OT and S but I think if the value is not there at 12, they should take a shot at Mendenhall. Although most scouts feel that DMAC is a better prospect, i respect mayocks assessment the most. This is the guy that was high on Big Ben and had that huge man crush on Cutler. Plus he studies alot of game tape of these prospects. Mendenhall will be a beast in our zone blocking system. Kinda curious to see how well he runs at the combine, eventhough in the highlights he looks like he has great game speed.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=64F7F4B7AF4D7A22869EE7E9F4F03798? id=09000d5d80406b71&template=with-video&confirm=true

Mayock's top 5 RBs:
Rank Player College
1. Rashard Mendenhall Illinois
2. Darren McFadden Arkansas
3. Jonathan Stewart Oregon
4. Felix Jones Arkansas
5. Chris Johnson East Carolina

Mayock's top 5 QBs:
Rank Player College
1. Matt Ryan Boston College
2. Chad Henne Michigan
3. Brian Brohm Louisville
4. Joe Flacco Delaware
5. Andre Woodson Kentucky

Mayock's top 5 DEs:
Rank Player College
1. Chris Long Virginia
2. Vernon Gholston Ohio State
3. Phillip Merling Clemson
4. Derrick Harvey Florida
5. Lawrence Jackson USC

Mayock's top 5 WRs:
Rank Player College
1. Mario Manningham Michigan
2. Limas Sweed Texas
3. DeSean Jackson California
4. Malcom Kelly Oklahoma
5. Early Doucet LSU

Mayock's top 5 DTs:
Rank Player College
1. Sedrick Ellis USC
2. Glenn Dorsey LSU
3. Kentwan Balmer North Carolina
4. Trevor Laws Notre Dame
5. Letroy Guion Florida State

Mayock's top 5 TEs:
Rank Player College
1. Fred Davis USC
2. John Carlson Notre Dame
3. Dustin Keller Purdue
4. Jermichael Finley Texas
5. Brad Cottam Tennessee

Mayock's top 5 ILBs:
Rank Player College
1. Dan Connor Penn State
2. Curtis Lofton Oklahoma
3. Spencer Larsen Arizona
4. Beau Bell UNLV
5. Jolonn Dunbar Boston College

Mayock's top 5 OLBs:
Rank Player College
1. Keith Rivers USC
2. Erin Henderson Maryland
3. Xavier Adibi Virginia Tech
4. Tavares Gooden Miami (Fla.)
5. Ali Highsmith LSU

Mayock's top 5 OTs:
Rank Player College
1. Jake Long Michigan
2. Ryan Clady Boise State
3. Jeff Otah Pittsburgh
4. Chris Williams Vanderbilt
5. Gosder Cherilus Boston College

Mayock's top 5 CBs:
Rank Player College
1. Leodis McKelvin Troy
2. Brandon Flowers Virginia Tech
3. Aqib Talib Kansas
4. Mike Jenkins South Florida
5. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tennessee State

Mayock's top 5 interior OL:
Rank Player College
1. Brandon Albert Virginia
2. Chilo Rachal USC
3. Roy Schuening Oregon State
4. Mike Pollak Arizona State
5. Mackenzy Bernadesu Bentley College

Mayock's top 5 Safeties:
Rank Player College
1. DaJuan Morgan N.C. State
2. Kenny Phillips Miami (Fla.)
3. Thomas DeCoud Cal
4. D.J. Wolfe Oklahoma
5. Tyrell Johnson Arkansas State

Bowie Man
02-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm not very surprised. I do expect Shanny to get an RB in the first. The only other guy in the 1st I want is Ellis.

kratos_godofwar
02-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm not surprised either. If Mendenhall blows up at the combine, he could find himself in the top 10 or even 5. And possibly seeing McFadden fall out of the top 10 if he doesn't do well at his pro day/combine.

Will McFadden attend the Combine? Most top 10 talent tend to not show up or do any of the hard work till their pro day.

Gbt31
02-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Most top 10's show up, its just they dont work out, they just get interviewed by the coaches...the most underrated, and not publicized, workout that goes on during the combine.

silkamilkamonic
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
F Mendenhall.

If he has him above McFadden, maybe some team will take him first RB and McFadden will fall down to us!!

gyldenlove
02-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Dream on, this is a pointless ranking. Most of the draft gurus are covering their butts right now, so if for some reason one of the round 1 players goes ahead and tears up the combine they can say, I saw that coming. If nothing changes then they will simply put it back the way they had it before and nobody will question it.

These pre-combine, pre-proday rankings are at best semi-qualified guesses.

lancane
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
F Mendenhall.

If he has him above McFadden, maybe some team will take him first RB and McFadden will fall down to us!!

I would rather have Mendenhall then McFadden, hell I would rather have Stewart or Jones over McFadden. The guy has some very distinctive bad qualities about him and everyone is riding his jock like they did Bush...

Schism
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
This is not good for us at all if we actually want to draft Mendenhall.

Was hoping we'd be able to trade down a few spots and pick him up while acquiring another 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he keeps rising like this, that possibility goes out the window.

I'd like to make it clear that I'm perfectly fine with taking him at #12, before I get lancane'd.

;)

broncobuss
02-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Mcfadden is not only the best back, but he is the best player in this draft, Mayock knows his stuff, but I think he is wrong on this one, I just hope that this type of talk continues so he does drop to us. but I think after the combine(if he works out) Mcfadden will shoot right back up to the top, to bad for us.

lancane
02-11-2008, 12:13 PM
This is not good for us at all if we actually want to draft Mendenhall.

Was hoping we'd be able to trade down a few spots and pick him up while acquiring another 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he keeps rising like this, that possibility goes out the window.

I'd like to make it clear that I'm perfectly fine with taking him at #12, before I get lancane'd.

;)

What does that mean...when did I become an internet and discussion board term! ;) Kidding...lmfao.

Anyways, Mendenhall I still think will be the second back taken in the draft, but if this becomes tighter we could see McFadden wearing orange next season...for the Bengals! LMAO...I think if they come out and compare well, then we could see halfbacks dominating the first round. I know Oakland will likely take Ellis, McFadden or Dorsey...but I do not believe anyone of those three will fall to us, and if we have to, I agree we should take Mendenhall at #12, then we will have to take a solid defensive tackle in the second round like Dre Moore or Pat Sims. But I will wait to predict anything till after the combine...if Stewart and Jones have good numbers as well, we could see those two going in the top 20 also likely Jones to Arizona and Stewart to the Texans...and of course we could trade one of our fourth rounders for Shaun Rogers also. So there is a lot left out there...hahaha.

Bowie Man
02-11-2008, 12:37 PM
we could see McFadden wearing orange next season...for the Bengals! LMAO...I think if they come out and compare well, then we could see halfbacks dominating the first round. I know Oakland will likely take Ellis, McFadden or Dorsey...but I do not believe any one of those three will fall to us

I know of one way,:D since I am an Ellis fan I'll point it out. This is right between impossible and highly unlikely though. If Miami takes the DE Long, Oakland takes Dorsey ( it is highly probable they take Ellis over him though),
and Cincy takes McFadden, Ellis MIGHT fall to us or it gives us the chance to trade very little to get him. Just thought it might happen. I'm hoping.:salute:

lancane
02-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I know of one way,:D since I am an Ellis fan I'll point it out. This is right between impossible and highly unlikely though. If Miami takes the DE Long, Oakland takes Dorsey ( it is highly probable they take Ellis over him though),
and Cincy takes McFadden, Ellis MIGHT fall to us or it gives us the chance to trade very little to get him. Just thought it might happen. I'm hoping.:salute:

Dreams are good to have, and I support Dreamers...but like my momma always said "Dreams will get you nowhere, and that is why they are dreams!"

:cheers:

silkamilkamonic
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I would rather have Mendenhall then McFadden, hell I would rather have Stewart or Jones over McFadden. The guy has some very distinctive bad qualities about him and everyone is riding his jock like they did Bush...

What bad qualities?

Character? He's had an incident like some other players. 1 incident.

Teams would be foolish to consider that and pass on him in much the same manner as Marshawn Lynch, only to find out that Lynch could not only play, but was actually a great PR person throughout the tenure of his rookie year.

I'd be willing to overlook the one incident. The kid can flat out play. He's arguably been the best RB in college the last 3 years, in a conference that is consistently known as having not only the best defenses collectively, but the most NFL ready players on defense along with NFL experience coaches.

From a talent standpoint, there isn't even a comparison.

From the thundar and lightening standpoint, Jones was Bush, and McFadden was White. We all know who the better NFL back is up to this point.

Max Power
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
I would take McFadden over Mendenhall and not think twice about it. I believe McFadden can be a feature back in the NFL, but obviously it would be nice if he can gain 10 lbs. while still retaining his trademark speed.

I respect Mayock as an analyst and draft guru but his rankings seem wacky to me.

For example, he has Mario Manningham as the #1 receiver in the draft. Personally, I don't even think he's the best WR on the Michigan team. I actually like Adrian Arrington better, because he's a little bigger and definitely more consistent than the Ham was this season for the Wolverines. He made most of the big plays as well on the receiving end of things.

I would rank Malcolm Kelly ahead of him for sure. Probably Early Doucet as well.

Be aware that his and all other rankings could and probably will be shaken up after the combine.

fraguela09
02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Ellis is obviously DEN's number one choice...

He'll be LONG gone by 12 so it boils down to this:

Is Shanny high on Phillips or Balmer (I doubt it)...

Will Shanny feel he needs (and loves) an OT here (Williams, Clady)...

IF ellis is gone, and if Shanny isn't in love w/ Phillips/Balmer, and Shanny feels he can pass on a 1st round OT... THEN, Mendenhall-Stewart will be the selection. I have no doubt about this.

I would even suggest Rivers-Connor as options, but I do believe there are plenty of LBs to grab in the 2nd... And I think DEN will concur with this opinion!

Max Power
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Ellis is obviously DEN's number one choice...

He'll be LONG gone by 12 so it boils down to this:

Is Shanny high on Phillips or Balmer (I doubt it)...

Will Shanny feel he needs (and loves) an OT here (Williams, Clady)...

IF ellis is gone, and if Shanny isn't in love w/ Phillips/Balmer, and Shanny feels he can pass on a 1st round OT... THEN, Mendenhall-Stewart will be the selection. I have no doubt about this.

I would even suggest Rivers-Connor as options, but I do believe there are plenty of LBs to grab in the 2nd... And I think DEN will concur with this opinion!

Don't rule out DeSean Jackson, I could see them falling in love with his return abilities. I think he is somewhat of a darkhorse to be our pick, although like many others, it would upset me.

fraguela09
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Don't rule out DeSean Jackson, I could see them falling in love with his return abilities. I think he is somewhat of a darkhorse to be our pick, although like many others, it would upset me.

I do agree that Jackson could be an option... a long shot... but still an option. BUT, I do think we can say that Mendenhall-Stewart are better choices b/c they can return kicks as well... Stewart led the nation 2 years ago! AND, they are safer bets.

BUT... YES... if Shanny loves Jackson... feels he can return kicks and eventually compliment Marsh... I could see Shanny doing this. I would be upset though!

stretch14
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
First off DaJuan Morgan ranked ahead of Kenny Phillips LMAO :confused:. Secondly, No Calais Cambell:confused:

Mayock really is one guy who is hit or miss in his scouting reports. Some things he says are good and you get he knows what he is talking about where as others your just like this guys is crazy. No way Mendenhall is a better prospect than Mcfadden. Not to take anything away from Mendenhall but I really don't get why everyone is all over this kid. Yes he has talent but as far as I'm concerned he is a one hit wonder so far. He has only had one year of good production this should be a huge red flag to everyone but I guess some people think one good year is all you need to prove your an elite prospect.

broncobuss
02-11-2008, 02:31 PM

Whats with the new number you gave mendenhall in your sig? there is no way a running back with the number 36 is ever going to be great, you should give him the number 28, 29 or maybe even old school #44, or maybe they could cut nick ferguson and give him 25, but 36, that is just plain ugly.

Max Power
02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Whats with the new number you gave mendenhall in your sig? there is no way a running back with the number 36 is ever going to be great, you should give him the number 28, 29 or maybe even old school #44, or maybe they could cut nick ferguson and give him 25, but 36, that is just plain ugly.

tell that to Brian Westbrook.

broncobuss
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
tell that to Brian Westbrook.

you got me there, but still it is a ugly number for a running back

MHS
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
anyone who thinks mendenhall is better then mcfadden needs to never talk about the draft again. I have seen both players play alot and mcfadden blowns mendenhall out of the water. No offense to mendenhall but he is not on the same level as mcfadden.

anything
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
what about #34? some great rb's have had that number:rockon:

lancane
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM

We could just give him 5! ;)

broncobuss
02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
what about #34? some great rb's have had that number:rockon:

that works

broncobuss
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM

wouldnt that p*** off reggie bush!:D

Max Power
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM

The golden boy Reggie Bush was denied that number so I doubt Mendenhall would get it.

lancane
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
anyone who thinks mendenhall is better then mcfadden needs to never talk about the draft again. I have seen both players play alot and mcfadden blowns mendenhall out of the water. No offense to mendenhall but he is not on the same level as mcfadden.

Maybe you need to keep your trap shut!...sorry I should have said that nicely, it is my New York mannerism...I should have said please! How about that one? Seriously, because last time I checked you dictate nothing on this board. And sorry if some of us, actually a majority think McFadden is overrated, not like it has not happened before now has it? And because we think Mendenhall, Stewart and Jones may be better pros we should never talk about the draft again? I also said Addai would be a better pro then Bush and thus far I am correct...even a lot of Arkansas fans think McFadden is overrated...I am sure you have watched him more then they have correct? And you have seen Mendenhall more then me, though I go to a lot of Big Ten games throughout the season every year...from what I have seen of the two I do think Mendenhall will be the better pro, from what I have seen of Jones I think he will be a better pro and from what I have seen of Stewart, I am not sold he will be elite but still a good all around pro running back...welcome to the freedom of opinion. Maybe if someone does not like your posts they should just tell you not to post on here anymore! It would be better if you simply stated that you believe otherwise, but you had the audacity to tell some of us that we should not post in the future on the draft!

Do not get me wrong though because I think McFadden is a tremendous athlete, as is Bush, I just do not think they will be good halfbacks overall at the pro level. They will be in the end multi-positioned threats, receivers and halfback options, slant backs and pretty much just good all around weapons for a good offense...that is a far cry from a solid halfback that can pound the ball and carry it thirty or so carries a game.

And that is my opinion! ;)

lancane
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
wouldnt that p*** off reggie bush!:D

Hahaha...more then anyone else I bet...:D

broncobuss
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM

I dont know if they should stop talking about the draft, but yea I Like Mcfadden alot better also, I also think that Kevin Smith is the 2nd best back, so Im sure there are alot of people who think I should stop talking about the draft also

lancane
02-11-2008, 05:03 PM
The golden boy Reggie Bush was denied that number so I doubt Mendenhall would get it.

We could give him just X...lol. It was a joke! ;)

It would be cool if we gave him 25, 26 or even 33...I just hope he has a number on an orange and blue jersey!

:D

MHS
02-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Maybe you need to keep your trap shut!...sorry I should have said that nicely, it is my New York mannerism...I should have said please! How about that one? Seriously, because last time I checked you dictate nothing on this board. And sorry if some of us, actually a majority think McFadden is overrated, not like it has not happened before now has it? And because we think Mendenhall, Stewart and Jones may be better pros we should never talk about the draft again? I also said Addai would be a better pro then Bush and thus far I am correct...even a lot of Arkansas fans think McFadden is overrated...I am sure you have watched him more then they have correct? And you have seen Mendenhall more then me, though I go to a lot of Big Ten games throughout the season every year...from what I have seen of the two I do think Mendenhall will be the better pro, from what I have seen of Jones I think he will be a better pro and from what I have seen of Stewart, I am not sold he will be elite but still a good all around pro running back...welcome to the freedom of opinion. Maybe if someone does not like your posts they should just tell you not to post on here anymore! It would be better if you simply stated that you believe otherwise, but you had the audacity to tell some of us that we should not post in the future on the draft!

Do not get me wrong though because I think McFadden is a tremendous athlete, as is Bush, I just do not think they will be good halfbacks overall at the pro level. They will be in the end multi-positioned threats, receivers and halfback options, slant backs and pretty much just good all around weapons for a good offense...that is a far cry from a solid halfback that can pound the ball and carry it thirty or so carries a game.

And that is my opinion! ;)
from what you have seen? man i dont have to go to the games or be some socalled expert as you think you are to know what i am talking about. I have watched plenty of games on each player and mcfadden is the better prospect hands down. Now mendenhall stewart and jones are all great prospect but i do not think they will be close to as good as mcfadden. And stop getting your panties all twisted cause i am not on mendenhall jock like you are. I may not have 4,000 posts on this board but i do know how to judge a prospect. This is just like perterson last year. There is always those who wanted to doubt him... that he was injury prone... ran to straight up.... ran too hard (*** is that ****). Mcfadden is not the prospect peterson was but is still the best offensive player in this draft.

Max Power
02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
There is a reason why Darren McFadden was Heisman runnerup for two straight years, playing in the toughest conference in college football. And it's because... he's damn good. :salute:

MHS
02-11-2008, 06:13 PM
There is a reason why Darren McFadden was Heisman runnerup for two straight years, playing in the toughest conference in college football. And it's because... he's damn good. :salute:

agreed. Some people get so offensive when your not on the same bandwagon. But thanks for agreeing :cheers:

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-11-2008, 06:16 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm actually liking the fact of maybe taking him in the draft

MHS
02-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm actually liking the fact of maybe taking him in the draft

that would be sweet if he fell to the broncos.

Max Power
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Simply put, they would be idiots to not take Darren McFadden if he happened to fall to #12.

But I think he'll end up being a Faider regardless.

lancane
02-11-2008, 06:42 PM
from what you have seen? man i dont have to go to the games or be some socalled expert as you think you are to know what i am talking about. I have watched plenty of games on each player and mcfadden is the better prospect hands down. Now mendenhall stewart and jones are all great prospect but i do not think they will be close to as good as mcfadden. And stop getting your panties all twisted cause i am not on mendenhall jock like you are. I may not have 4,000 posts on this board but i do know how to judge a prospect. This is just like perterson last year. There is always those who wanted to doubt him... that he was injury prone... ran to straight up.... ran too hard (*** is that ****). Mcfadden is not the prospect peterson was but is still the best offensive player in this draft.

That is your opinion, that is not a fact and that does not make you an expert either, nor does it make anything which you believe more fact above another poster as being the truth. And that is fine, but it is still simply an opinion, one that happens to be yours which has no weight left or right to if it is a fact or not. You believe he is the best offensive playmaker in the draft, I happen to agree he is a bigger playmaker then most in this years draft! That does not mean he is the best pro prospect at his position as far as being a true halfback is concerned...now does it? Personally I do not have a problem with most your posts, this one hit a nerve and not because I like Mendenhall, but because of the audacity you had telling us that believe one thing that we should post no longer on a subject! Who are you? And that pretty much was why I got pissed, you may disagree as many others may tend to or do agree with another, but that gives you no grounds to think you have that ability on here, especially without someone saying something in return!

On a friendly note...the 'On Mendenhall's Jock' statement, you might want to watch that, because it is uneeded and not appreciated!

;)

BF
02-11-2008, 06:55 PM

I don't understand what the Heisman has much to do with translating success in the NFL. In the last ten years alone, I can see 2 players at this point that have had successful careers in the NFL. Charles Woodson and Carson Palmer. Even prior to that, the success ratio is not that much better. Yes, I agree it is a great collegiate honor, but that's about all. And Mcfadden was just a runner up. (No knock intended).

MHS
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
That is your opinion, that is not a fact and that does not make you an expert either, nor does it make anything which you believe more fact above another poster as being the truth. And that is fine, but it is still simply an opinion, one that happens to be yours which has no weight left or right to if it is a fact or not. You believe he is the best offensive playmaker in the draft, I happen to agree he is a bigger playmaker then most in this years draft! That does not mean he is the best pro prospect at his position as far as being a true halfback is concerned...now does it? Personally I do not have a problem with most your posts, this one hit a nerve and not because I like Mendenhall, but because of the audacity you had telling us that believe one thing that we should post no longer on a subject! Who are you? And that pretty much was why I got pissed, you may disagree as many others may tend to or do agree with another, but that gives you no grounds to think you have that ability on here, especially without someone saying something in return!

On a friendly note...the 'On Mendenhall's Jock' statement, you might want to watch that, because it is uneeded and not appreciated!

;)

i completely agree that most is opinions from everyones best judgement and i did not mean to question your or anyone else's scouting ability and for the most part do not want to argue but rather hear everyones opinion. Sorry about the "Jock" stamement i meant it more as saying the player your are in love with, i know i have my top prospect nominees and am not trying to offend anyone.

On another side note, i know phillips is an option this year but if we do go with a RB this year i could see the broncos getting a guy like Myron Rolle next year if he declares. He seems to be a very talented kid.

lancane
02-11-2008, 09:10 PM
i completely agree that most is opinions from everyones best judgement and i did not mean to question your or anyone else's scouting ability and for the most part do not want to argue but rather hear everyones opinion. Sorry about the "Jock" stamement i meant it more as saying the player your are in love with, i know i have my top prospect nominees and am not trying to offend anyone.

On another side note, i know phillips is an option this year but if we do go with a RB this year i could see the broncos getting a guy like Myron Rolle next year if he declares. He seems to be a very talented kid.

Thank you...

And as for Rolle, he is going to be a hot prospect in next years draft, the other top safeties to remember and watch throughout this next season are strong safety Taylor Mays from USC and I am not big on Pac-10 kids, Ellis this year was a big surprise, but Mays really could be the next elite safety. William Moore from Missouri, a free safety who really knows how to get in the pass coverage and cause havoc and will likely be a top 20 pick. Nic Harris the strong safety from Oklahoma who should be a first round pick and lastly Derek Pegues another free safety, but from Mississippi State. Next years safety class is really going to be the cream of the crop in my honest opinion...if you go by the odds that means out of next years class there will be close to eight above average safeties and that is a good number!

MHS
02-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Thank you...

And as for Rolle, he is going to be a hot prospect in next years draft, the other top safeties to remember and watch throughout this next season are strong safety Taylor Mays from USC and I am not big on Pac-10 kids, Ellis this year was a big surprise, but Mays really could be the next elite safety. William Moore from Missouri, a free safety who really knows how to get in the pass coverage and cause havoc and will likely be a top 20 pick. Nic Harris the strong safety from Oklahoma who should be a first round pick and lastly Derek Pegues another free safety, but from Mississippi State. Next years safety class is really going to be the cream of the crop in my honest opinion...if you go by the odds that means out of next years class there will be close to eight above average safeties and that is a good number!

I did some research and all these guys sound like good options and i may be leaning towards the offensive side now. Yes the broncos need a safety but also i believe stewart is a physical freak if it is true he can run a 4.35 40 but on the other hand mendenhall seems to be faster and more elusive while still having good size.

lancane
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I did some research and all these guys sound like good options and i may be leaning towards the offensive side now. Yes the broncos need a safety but also i believe stewart is a physical freak if it is true he can run a 4.35 40 but on the other hand mendenhall seems to be faster and more elusive while still having good size.

I think Mendenhall is a more complete halfback myself, but no one can deny the power of Stewart and both are physical freakish athletes. There is only a four or five pound difference between the two. Mayock has McFadden falling and Mendenhall as the top halfback, but not as a top ten pick. I think McFadden will stay in the top 10. But that means Mendenhall will likely be a sure-fire top 15 and Stewart a sure-fire top 20 pick. The running back and receiver class this year is a lot like the safety and defensive tackle class next year. I think this year there may be some better top round offensive tackle prospects but literally I think Clady and Long will be gone by the time we pick...as will Rivers and maybe Merling. So do we reach for Connors or Balmer? Do we take the top running back prospect, or do we look at the receiver class early, or in fact do we take Williams who is likely the next top tackle prospect...in my honest opinion I think Detroit wants either Williams or Clady, or whoever falls and that could launch them to trade us Rogers. But no matter the situation, I think the most sound option is Mendenhall or Stewart, or trade down and nab which ever lands in our laps. Phillips I am almost sure will fall until late in the first, if not into the second round.

It is sad that the year we have a very high pick the options are so thin, but at least if we do take a halfback the chances are high that he will be a gamebreaker and help the team. If we take Williams or Connor so be it, but I would rather have Williams in that case...Connor is way overrated in my honest opinion...and I sure in the hell do not want Dexter Jackson, talk about a 'me' player! But only time will tell and soon we will be through the combine and we will see how kids are rated overall in the end.

denver30
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I think Mendenhall is a more complete halfback myself, but no one can deny the power of Stewart and both are physical freakish athletes. There is only a four or five pound difference between the two. Mayock has McFadden falling and Mendenhall as the top halfback, but not as a top ten pick. I think McFadden will stay in the top 10. But that means Mendenhall will likely be a sure-fire top 15 and Stewart a sure-fire top 20 pick. The running back and receiver class this year is a lot like the safety and defensive tackle class next year. I think this year there may be some better top round offensive tackle prospects but literally I think Clady and Long will be gone by the time we pick...as will Rivers and maybe Merling. So do we reach for Connors or Balmer? Do we take the top running back prospect, or do we look at the receiver class early, or in fact do we take Williams who is likely the next top tackle prospect...in my honest opinion I think Detroit wants either Williams or Clady, or whoever falls and that could launch them to trade us Rogers. But no matter the situation, I think the most sound option is Mendenhall or Stewart, or trade down and nab which ever lands in our laps. Phillips I am almost sure will fall until late in the first, if not into the second round.

It is sad that the year we have a very high pick the options are so thin, but at least if we do take a halfback the chances are high that he will be a gamebreaker and help the team. If we take Williams or Connor so be it, but I would rather have Williams in that case...Connor is way overrated in my honest opinion...and I sure in the hell do not want Dexter Jackson, talk about a 'me' player! But only time will tell and soon we will be through the combine and we will see how kids are rated overall in the end.

Cant' disagree with that:cheers:

axx
02-11-2008, 10:45 PM
We could give him just X...lol. It was a joke! ;)

It would be cool if we gave him 25, 26 or even 33...I just hope he has a number on an orange and blue jersey!

You guys are funny discussing what numbers Mendenhall is goin to wear. I do think we going to pick a RB in the first round could be Mendenhall/Stewart. Alot of you will be disapointed to say the least though if we dont get him. :sad:

How ever i rate Mendenhall top of the bunch this year only because i believe his more complete and NFL ready his built to carry the work load he might not do that right away but i can see him carry 25times a game.

D-Mac upright stiff running style has me concerned abit.

BroncosTX77
02-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Oakland Raiders have resigned RB Justin Fargas.

Fargas has been rewarded with a new contract. According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a three-year, $12 million deal with $6 million in guaranteed money.

Fargas was a third-round pick in the 2003 draft. He was scheduled to become a free agent on February 29.

With Michael Bush ready to play after healing last year and Fargas having a breakthrough year last year, I do not see the Oakland Raiders drafting Darren McFadden.

Start the freefall imo. Atlanta would be the only team that could use him in the Top 10. I bet Jerry Jones creamed himself. Definitely starting to look like that McFadden will become a Cowboy......

On a sidenote, if he falls far enough then Denver could trade up just to trade down with Dallas and grab extra picks. :smug:

lancane
02-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Oakland Raiders have resigned RB Justin Fargas.

Fargas has been rewarded with a new contract. According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a three-year, $12 million deal with $6 million in guaranteed money.

Fargas was a third-round pick in the 2003 draft. He was scheduled to become a free agent on February 29.

With Michael Bush ready to play after healing last year and Fargas having a breakthrough year last year, I do not see the Oakland Raiders drafting Darren McFadden.

Start the freefall imo. Atlanta would be the only team that could use him in the Top 10. I bet Jerry Jones creamed himself. Definitely starting to look like that McFadden will become a Cowboy......

On a sidenote, if he falls far enough then Denver could trade up just to trade down with Dallas and grab extra picks. :smug:

Hahaha...will not happen, I would bet money on that! Dallas first off would trade with anyone of the top six teams who will not take a halfback, the Jets and New England could be interested, but the Bengals would take him if he is there, even after drafting Irons last year...Cincinnati would love to get him. And I could see Shanahan taking Mendenhall over McFadden also, I know that Shanahan has his affinity for SEC players but Mendenhall being from a Zook program will likely get him real excited. And after all I have read lately, I highly doubt Denver trades with Dallas, I think they stay unless the players they want are all gone!

BroncosTX77
02-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Hahaha...will not happen, I would bet money on that! Dallas first off would trade with anyone of the top six teams who will not take a halfback, the Jets and New England could be interested, but the Bengals would take him if he is there, even after drafting Irons last year...Cincinnati would love to get him. And I could see Shanahan taking Mendenhall over McFadden also, I know that Shanahan has his affinity for SEC players but Mendenhall being from a Zook program will likely get him real excited. And after all I have read lately, I highly doubt Denver trades with Dallas, I think they stay unless the players they want are all gone!

Please do SHARE!~

lancane
02-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Please do SHARE!~

Simply and first off Dallas is targeting McFadden and Jones according to the Dallas and Austin press, if they can not get up high enough to secure McFadden they are likely to remain and take Jones, Dallas has roughly enough to get to the eighth overall spot, possibly 7th with their two picks and maybe some players, why trade with Denver? It will not happen, get use to it. The simple fact is that with that firepower they would not risk Cincinnati taking him or another team trading up for him. And they could easily hand off their top two picks and Marcus Spears to Cincinnati who could use all that to improve and take McFadden, if they wait he will be gone, so they will decide whether or not to jump...Denver I do not believe will take McFadden over either Stewart or Mendenhall, plus I do not see us trading down past the 18th overall spot with all the staff sputtering about quality! IMHO this seems to be classic Shananagins to hide our motives whatever they may be. And there is a hot rumor Westword press that Denver has considered if they get a third round pick trading it with next year's first to get back into round one...so literally Shanahan may be trying to get more without giving away positioning.

Dallas has better trading partners then Denver and I feel they are more likely...then us.

:salute:

Max Power
02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
I think McFadden will end up becoming either a Jet or a Falcon on draft day.

broncobuss
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Simply and first off Dallas is targeting McFadden and Jones according to the Dallas and Austin press, if they can not get up high enough to secure McFadden they are likely to remain and take Jones, Dallas has roughly enough to get to the eighth overall spot, possibly 7th with their two picks and maybe some players, why trade with Denver? It will not happen, get use to it. The simple fact is that with that firepower they would not risk Cincinnati taking him or another team trading up for him. And they could easily hand off their top two picks and Marcus Spears to Cincinnati who could use all that to improve and take McFadden, if they wait he will be gone, so they will decide whether or not to jump...Denver I do not believe will take McFadden over either Stewart or Mendenhall, plus I do not see us trading down past the 18th overall spot with all the staff sputtering about quality! IMHO this seems to be classic Shananagins to hide our motives whatever they may be. And there is a hot rumor Westword press that Denver has considered if they get a third round pick trading it with next year's first to get back into round one...so literally Shanahan may be trying to get more without giving away positioning.

Dallas has better trading partners then Denver and I feel they are more likely...then us.

I love hearing those rumors, keep those coming, to me thats one of the best part of the draft. but anyway, I dont agree with you about shanny and him taking mendenhall over mcfadden, I kind of think the opposite, I think he probably thinks of him in the same light as an adrian peterson and if he is still on the board at 7,8 or so that he might break the bank to go up and get mcfadden. I am not basing this on anything but just how much he loves offense and I could see him dreaming about a back field with cutler, and mcfadden and being able to do so many things. I would be willing to bet that like alot of people he thinks there is one superstar player in the draft, and that guy is Mcfadden

lancane
02-14-2008, 10:46 AM
I love hearing those rumors, keep those coming, to me thats one of the best part of the draft. but anyway, I dont agree with you about shanny and him taking mendenhall over mcfadden, I kind of think the opposite, I think he probably thinks of him in the same light as an adrian peterson and if he is still on the board at 7,8 or so that he might break the bank to go up and get mcfadden. I am not basing this on anything but just how much he loves offense and I could see him dreaming about a back field with cutler, and mcfadden and being able to do so many things. I would be willing to bet that like alot of people he thinks there is one superstar player in the draft, and that guy is Mcfadden

McFadden will not be a Bronco, I would bet my house on it! ;)

broncobuss
02-14-2008, 10:50 AM
McFadden will not be a Bronco, I would bet my house on it! ;)

OK, and if I lose, I will give you 5 bucks, its a bet!:D

lancane
02-14-2008, 10:55 AM
OK, and if I lose, I will give you 5 bucks, its a bet!:D

Hahaha...it will not happen, and like I would bet a $350,000 dollar home against five bucks...that is just ironic! I will bet you five bucks that McFadden will not be a Bronco, but no way my house against that measly wager.

broncobuss
02-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Hahaha...it will not happen, and like I would bet a $350,000 dollar home against five bucks...that is just ironic! I will bet you five bucks that McFadden will not be a Bronco, but no way my house against that measly wager.

dang, I was hoping you would fall for that, I guess that only works on raider fans, ;)

lancane
02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
dang, I was hoping you would fall for that, I guess that only works on raider fans, ;)

Of course it works with them, hell they still believe Al Davis is a genius! It takes borderline idiocism to be a raider fan!

MHS
02-15-2008, 12:10 AM
if the broncos end up getting 2 first round picks then i hope the combination is either phillips and jones or mendenhall and reggie smith

Kon
02-15-2008, 12:44 AM

How would we get a third, is a third and next years first enough to move into the first, and who would we be targeting? ;)

silkamilkamonic
02-15-2008, 01:20 AM
McFadden, Stewart, or Mendenhall will not be a Bronco. Unfortunately.

lancane
02-15-2008, 01:22 AM
How would we get a third, is a third and next years first enough to move into the first, and who would we be targeting? ;)

How would we get a third? Shanahan is shopping Gold, Bell, Walker and likely Foxworth, I would not be surprised if he was shopping some others we do not know about...I think he would have to make a few moves to get it done, I was just repeating what I read...I think it would be enough for a team who has multiple picks. But it is far more likely he trades our first overall pick next year for a high second round pick, a latter round pick and then an undisclosed pick next year. And it would not surprise me at all...

Gbt31
02-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Lacane, I have been all over the place as to who I want the Broncos to draft this year. The only player I have actually been really excited about because I was hoping it would happen in the past was DJ Williams....the rest were somewhat surprises, Lelie, Foster, Middlebrooks, Cutler, and Moss(I really wish we would have drafted Nelson) and I have to get used to liking them. The more I see on Mendenhall, the more I'm convinced we need this guy...at 12. I just got to give you props on calling this guy out and I am jumping on the DRAFT MENDENHALL wagon.

Schism
02-15-2008, 09:44 AM
I'd probably wet myself if we got 2 first round picks and got Williams to play LT and then took one of Mendenhall or Stewart.

It'd be a bit of a bummer having no first rounder next year though, when there should be defensive options a plenty in the draft that we could use.

Still...