PDA

View Full Version : Keith Traylor (Merged)

Hardcore Bronco Babe
02-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Keith "Tractor" Traylor is looking for work after being cut by Miami. I think I would like to see Traylor back in a Broncos uniform again. What do all of you think? It was Traylor #94 that intercepted a deflected pass and ran it back for a score in Buffalo after the team had to fight through the blizzard of 1997 just to make the game.

axx
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Former Bronco released by Miami, i'd like to see him retire a Bronco. He could easily come in low cost, add depth to the DT position. Thoughts?

Hoss
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
did we not learn our lesson with sam adams? everyone on these boards are begging for some YOUNG defensive line talent to groom into contributors for years. We sign Traylor and all we are getting is another "situational" D Line player who will be gone by week 10.

Max Power
02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Wouldn't mind them signing him for depth purposes. He won't break the bank, and we could use depth at the position. He wouldn't be brought in to be the starter.

Peerless
02-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Just what we need.

Another old, fat, defensive linemen that should have called it quits already.

chaseb13
02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
yes, denver needs depth here. and i think traylor will want to end it here. a year or two more here. and he would upgrade against the run as short down dt. he would also help bring along marcus thomas. if im not mistaken i think hes also a positive voice in the locker room which denver needs right now.

lancane
02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I would not mind bringing him back, especially if we traded for Rogers, he really would rotate on the line with Rogers, then we need to draft an all out blitzing tackle to rotate with Thomas, that will sure up our d-line for a few years!

:cheers:

Max Power
02-11-2008, 05:09 PM
I would not mind bringing him back, especially if we traded for Rogers, he really would rotate on the line with Rogers, then we need to draft an all out blitzing tackle to rotate with Thomas, that will sure up our d-line for a few years!

I think Alvin McKinley could fill that "all out blitzing tackle" role quite nicely. He seems like a good disruptor, as evinced on the last play of the season when he hit Tavaris Jackson and knocked the ball loose. He's an adequate backup.

slick7
02-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I can't believe we let him get away in the first place. He's gotta be old as dirt now.

lancane
02-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I think Alvin McKinley could fill that "all out blitzing tackle" role quite nicely. He seems like a good disruptor, as evinced on the last play of the season when he hit Tavaris Jackson and knocked the ball loose. He's an adequate backup.

True, and if we fill those needs we could turn our attention to safety, linebackers and offensive athletes. I would like to see us add an end, if not in the draft via undrafted free agency. We should have the depth to cover the end spots no matter injury and we did not have that this past year.

lancane
02-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I can't believe we let him get away in the first place. He's gotta be old as dirt now.

Thay say dirt don't hurt, and trust me...you go sixty MPH on a motorcycle and jump it and come down hard on the dirt! You will not be saying it for much longer! Dirt may not move fast but it sure can stop someone with running force...hmmm...run defense!

:smug:

ReleaseTheBeast7
02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Isn't he like 45?

slick7
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
6'2" 340. Age 38.

I loved you when you were here Keith. I seriously doubt it.

axx
02-11-2008, 05:43 PM

I definitely think we'd be able to compete next year if we were able to patch up the D-line by acquiring Rogers/Traylor/Harris and beside them Thomas/Rookie DT.

This will help the linebackers out abit more able to run down players instead of getting smacked in the face by the oposing o-line.

Thoughts?

shafer
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Traylor would be about as useful on our d-line as a 2”x2” wash cloth on his fat lazy …….

Bronco_Rob
02-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I think we learned our lesson this past season with old, fat, out of shape defensive linemen. No thanks

BroncoAV06
02-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Does this not remind anyone of Sam Adams? Anyone!?!

lancane
02-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Does this not remind anyone of Sam Adams? Anyone!?!

Except that Sam Adams is not a former Bronco who contributed to our Super Bowl championships! Come on', seriously if Romo was still playing and was a free agent, this board would be all for bringing him back...

;)

BroncoAV06
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Except that Sam Adams is not a former Bronco who contributed to our Super Bowl championships! Come on', seriously if Romo was still playing and was a free agent, this board would be all for bringing him back...

;)

Ok so he contributed one our Super Bowl teams means we have to possible go through that same thing with an over hyped huge DT, that will solve all our problems?

lancane
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Ok so he contributed one our Super Bowl teams means we have to possible go through that same thing with an over hyped huge DT, that will solve all our problems?

No, I do not believe so...but at the right price and as a rotational player he could help contribute to the team. As a starter? No way, Rogers or Williams would be better additions as far as getting a starter is concerned...lol. Traylor is no where near the level any longer to be a solid starter.

Bronco_Armada
02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Just what we need.

Another old, fat, defensive linemen that should have called it quits already.

Well it has been working right?

right?

[looks around cold, dead silence room with everyone looking at me with a puzzled look]

BroncoKazuki
02-11-2008, 09:15 PM
No, I do not believe so...but at the right price and as a rotational player he could help contribute to the team. As a starter? No way, Rogers or Williams would be better additions as far as getting a starter is concerned...lol. Traylor is no where near the level any longer to be a solid starter.

True Having him as a rotational player or even situational would be key plus he has that Super Bowl Experience that could shared with such an young Defensive line.

D.J.55
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I like the idea of Traylor mentoring Thomas.

axx
02-11-2008, 10:32 PM
i'd be very surprised if i dont see him with this team next year. We have issues with depth, he was just released from a team which basically was lucky to win that one game to a team which he has had alot of success with now he can come in mentor a few guys while also having a shot at doing well.

Orange Blue Man
02-11-2008, 10:36 PM

first place? when he was a linebacker or when he returned as a beefed up DT during the super bowl years?

axx
02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
linebacker ? news to me

DieHard
02-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Ummmm most of you who are calling Traylor fat and lazy must have missed the Broncos BACK to BACK Super Bowl Wins. Keith Traylor Helped us win those 2 Super Bowls. And even though his best years are behind him he could provide some leadership, would come cheap - and we should at least give him a chance out of repsect for his contribution to our Super Bowls.

slick7
02-12-2008, 08:35 AM
first place? when he was a linebacker or when he returned as a beefed up DT during the super bowl years?

Yea, I remember that. He wasn't much of a LB. The Chiefs found that out. I'm talking when he was a DT. The year his Mom died, 97 superbowl season. He played his butt off.

Lighten up dude.

elevation INC
02-12-2008, 09:02 AM
traylor had his fun here but its not going to happen again, sorry but the guy is way to old and should call it quits, unless we can get a cheap 1 year deal. i say no way, we need to get younger not ancient!

mx_stiles13
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Ummmm most of you who are calling Traylor fat and lazy must have missed the Broncos BACK to BACK Super Bowl Wins. Keith Traylor Helped us win those 2 Super Bowls. And even though his best years are behind him he could provide some leadership, would come cheap - and we should at least give him a chance out of repsect for his contribution to our Super Bowls.

You do realize the guy is 38 and those Superbowl wins were 10 years ago right?

Peerless
02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I would love to watch him play linebacker for us next year. :laugh:

elevation INC
02-12-2008, 09:12 AM
You do realize the guy is 38 and those Superbowl wins were 10 years ago right?

well said, we need youth not ancient players

axx
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
He'd definitely improve this run defence. Ancient or not look at Ted Washington/Grady Jackson these guys are all up there in age but their presence improves the dline. Im no saying Traylor is the greatest if he was we wouldnt have let him go but we need help and we need someone to mentor these young guys. We might be able to get him on a cheap one year deal.

beastlyskronk
02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Did anyone watch him play at all last year? I didn't think so. I watched a couple of games and from those games let me tell you he was better at stopping the run than any d-linemen that played for us last year. Not to mention he was doubleteamed a lot and he played every down for most of the games. As for this year I think he could still be better than every d-linemen we play against the run.

Imagine Shaun Rogers at 380 and Keith Traylor at 340. That's 720 pounds of beef right in the middle. No one could push those 2 out of the middle by themselves. Then we have Crowder and Engleberger helping out on the edges no o-linemen would be able to get to any of our linebackers. On passing plays we would have Alvin McKinley and Marcus Thomas on the inside and Moss and Dumervil on the outside. That's a rotation I would like. :salute:

axx
02-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Did anyone watch him play at all last year? I didn't think so. I watched a couple of games and from those games let me tell you he was better at stopping the run than any d-linemen that played for us last year. Not to mention he was doubleteamed a lot and he played every down for most of the games. As for this year I think he could still be better than every d-linemen we play against the run.

Imagine Shaun Rogers at 380 and Keith Traylor at 340. That's 720 pounds of beef right in the middle. No one could push those 2 out of the middle by themselves. Then we have Crowder and Engleberger helping out on the edges no o-linemen would be able to get to any of our linebackers. On passing plays we would have Alvin McKinley and Marcus Thomas on the inside and Moss and Dumervil on the outside. That's a rotation I would like. :salute:

Oh man, them two on at the same time just makes me think big run stopping defence. These two guys will improve the linebackers run support also they'd be able to run down players instead of getting hit by the running back or lineman.

bjoli198
02-13-2008, 05:29 AM
well... he was the NT in Patriots and won a SB ring with them, if i remember corectly

beastlyskronk
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh man, them two on at the same time just makes me think big run stopping defence. These two guys will improve the linebackers run support also they'd be able to run down players instead of getting hit by the running back or lineman.

Exactly my point.

lancane
02-13-2008, 03:38 PM

I can agree with that, even though we disagree on halbacks this was a good overall point that you made.

gyldenlove
02-13-2008, 03:44 PM
The man is closer to the grave than greatness. I heard he was going to retire and I think he will. He will be another Sam Adams if we bring him in, he will clog more toilets and all-you-can-eat buffet-lines than gaps against the run game.

No disrespect to his achievements and longevity in the league, but this should be the end of the line for him.

gyldenlove
02-13-2008, 03:47 PM

All they have to do is throw a short pass, go to hurry up. There is no way those 2 lardasses get onside in time for the snap.

We saw with Sam Adams that having a mountain of lard parked in the middle of the defensive front doesn't mean they can't run on you. Undersized but plucky Michael Myers would have been better, he at least had the good grace to tackle people who came at him.

beastlyskronk
02-13-2008, 05:12 PM
All they have to do is throw a short pass, go to hurry up. There is no way those 2 lardasses get onside in time for the snap.

We saw with Sam Adams that having a mountain of lard parked in the middle of the defensive front doesn't mean they can't run on you. Undersized but plucky Michael Myers would have been better, he at least had the good grace to tackle people who came at him.

A couple of short passes and hurry up would just mean that they don't have far to run and plus Champ and Dre would eventually come up and I doubt anyone QB in the league wants to test their receivers quickness against Champ and Dre's quickness.

Last year it was just Sam Adams. Amon Gordon was big but linemen could take him 1on1 and the same with McKinley and Thomas but with Traylor who is still a very strong player that plays with leverage and Shaun Rogers who is still relatively young and has tremendous strength no team could run up the middle. Keith Traylor has never gotten a lot of credit for what he has done but I'll give it to him now. He can stuff the run and that's all he has ever been able to do. Traylor right now is way better than Adams was last year.

lottaphil
02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
He's 38. No thanks

bjoli198
02-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Imagine Shaun Rogers at 380 and Keith Traylor at 340. That's 720 pounds of beef right in the middle. No one could push those 2 out of the middle by themselves. Then we have Crowder and Engleberger helping out on the edges no o-linemen would be able to get to any of our linebackers.

would rather see ekuban and crowder than engelbergr and crowder... engelberger should be cut ASAP.

axx
02-14-2008, 04:32 AM
would rather see ekuban and crowder than engelbergr and crowder... engelberger should be cut ASAP.

I'd rather see Ekuban/Crowder/Moss on passing downs. Who ever says that these guys would be betta than Traylor ON RUNNING DOWNS even at 38 48 whatever shouldnt be watchin Football.

bjoli198
02-14-2008, 07:50 AM
I wasn´t talking about rushingdowns, and I feel that Moss will have to much injury issues in his career. both dumervil and Crowder will have more career sacks than jarvis moss...

beastlyskronk
02-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Ekuban only had a year left last year. I don't think we re-signed and plus he's coming off of an achilles injury which is terrible for any player. The injury may force him to retire.

fraguela09
02-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Ekuban only had a year left last year. I don't think we re-signed and plus he's coming off of an achilles injury which is terrible for any player. The injury may force him to retire.

Greg Ellis rebounded well this year... made the Pro-Bowl. He had the same injury last year.

beastlyskronk
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Greg Ellis rebounded well this year... made the Pro-Bowl. He had the same injury last year.

Greg Ellis missed some time this year and plus he's in better shape. Also Ekuban has been plagued by injuries throughout his career.

fraguela09
02-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Greg Ellis missed some time this year and plus he's in better shape. Also Ekuban has been plagued by injuries throughout his career.

(1) Ellis suffered his injury in the 4th quarter of WEEK 10 last year... He returned Week Three this year. Ekuban suffered his injury in the pre-season this year... SO, he'll be ready to go come Week One.

(2) Ellis better be more athletic... He plays OLB. Ekuban just needs to play DE.

Not saying Ekuban is the answer... but he'll help. He may be plagued by injuries, but he should be healed from his achilles. I do not care if he returns to DEN or not, I'm just pointing out that it took Ellis about 12 months to return...

beastlyskronk
02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
(1) Ellis suffered his injury in the 4th quarter of WEEK 10 last year... He returned Week Three this year. Ekuban suffered his injury in the pre-season this year... SO, he'll be ready to go come Week One.

(2) Ellis better be more athletic... He plays OLB. Ekuban just needs to play DE.

Not saying Ekuban is the answer... but he'll help. He may be plagued by injuries, but he should be healed from his achilles. I do not care if he returns to DEN or not, I'm just pointing out that it took Ellis about 12 months to return...

We still haven't re-signed him. Plus I think he already tore his achilles once before.

97BackToBack98
02-14-2008, 06:44 PM
you know , I'm getting a little sick of people saying "We need youth on the line". well guess what we also need vets to show the young guys how it's done. Weather the organization likes it or not were still going to need some vets or the D is going to look just as bad as last year. The coaches can only do so much ,they cant play the game.

bjoli198
02-15-2008, 02:26 AM
you know , I'm getting a little sick of people saying "We need youth on the line". well guess what we also need vets to show the young guys how it's done. Weather the organization likes it or not were still going to need some vets or the D is going to look just as bad as last year. The coaches can only do so much ,they cant play the game.

nah... we only need youngplayers, lots of them, get them before they start highschool, and forget about coaching and strength training, just put them in there, well.. at least they will be young then ;)

btw i was a bit ironic ;)

Broncosinindy
02-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Keith "Tractor" Traylor is looking for work after being cut by Miami. I think I would like to see Traylor back in a Broncos uniform again. What do all of you think? It was Traylor #94 that intercepted a deflected pass and ran it back for a score in Buffalo after the team had to fight through the blizzard of 1997 just to make the game.

after sam adams and dan wilkerson ... no thanks