PDA

View Full Version : New Mock from NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.COM

RC278430
02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

What are the chances of Denver drafting another defensive end? Unless the staff knows something about Moss that the rest of us do not, I don't think this would happen. Then again, I did not think we were going QB two years ago.

RC278430
02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I do like the second round pick - Highsmith from LSU.

Max Power
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Merling's a really good prospect (Trevor Pryce Part II is quite lofty praise), but for us, I think Ryan Clady is the better option.

broncolee
02-14-2008, 01:47 PM
No thanks to both selections. I prefer either Rivers or an offensive tackle in the first.

Defensive end is the last thing we need considering Moss is, or at least was, under orders to get up to 275 lbs. and showed some aptitude against the run before he got hurt.

Highsmith might fit the mold of a Broncos linebacker, but maybe it's time to adjust the mold to one that can take on and shed blockers.

gyldenlove
02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
If Clady is there we are not picking a DE/DT Tweener over him.

We are reportedly bring Engelberger back, I am going to go out on a limb and say we are also going to make a play for Ekuban. With Moss, Crowder and Dumervil all on DE picking another one, especially with all the needs we have it just plain stupid and this pick tells me that this guy know little about the Broncos and how they played, but only looked at the depth chart.

I like Highsmith in the 2nd, I have recently picked him myself in the 2nd in a GM mock. He could replace Gold on the outside (whom we are apparently shopping) and would bring a strong athletic presence.

Cugel
02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
The only way the Broncos take a DE in the first round is if he were such a superb talent they couldn't afford to pass on him and he were going to be moved inside to DT.

In short, another Trevor Pryce, who after all became a dominant DT with 10 plus sack seasons for several years before injuries slowed him down.

But, I don't see it here. :coffee:

stnzed
02-14-2008, 05:48 PM
If Clady is there, the Broncos WILL pass on him, but I can't see them taking Highsmith over Wheeler in the 2nd round......

SmokeBassett
02-15-2008, 04:48 AM
In a year of great offensive line prospects, we draft a no-name defensive end with the #12 pick? I wouldn't put it past the Broncos to do something that dumb, but for once, I wish Shanahan would just do the right thing.

O F F E N S I V E T A C K L E

Gosder Cherilus
Jake Long
Sam Baker
Ryan Clady
etc.