PDA

View Full Version : Are these our picks for this year(minus comp picks)

diesel51
02-16-2008, 12:33 PM
1st round #12
2nd round #42
4th round #105
4th round #116(from Redskins)
5th round #132(from Raiders)
5th round #138
7th round #202
7th round #212(from Buccaneers)

Kon
02-16-2008, 12:34 PM
I believe so.

diesel51
02-16-2008, 12:42 PM
good cause I'm gonna give my picks!

We all know I'll be right. ;)

TruBroncFan07
02-16-2008, 12:43 PM
I believe so.
This is what have so far. I don't believe we are going to get any compensatoty picks this year. Does anyone know?

Kon
02-16-2008, 12:59 PM
This is what have so far. I don't believe we are going to get any compensatoty picks this year. Does anyone know?

I wouldn't plan for it.

silkamilkamonic
02-16-2008, 01:05 PM

No comp picks this year. That's almost a given.

The Caped Crusader
02-16-2008, 01:06 PM

Yeah we'll get some compensatory picks for Darrent.

silkamilkamonic
02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah we'll get some compensatory picks for Darrent.

No we won't. Unfortunately.

The Caped Crusader
02-16-2008, 01:12 PM
No we won't. Unfortunately.

Are you sure? I have been under the impression for the last year that we will be getting some picks to compensate for his death. I guess then the Redskins won't be getting any picks for Sean Taylor then either.

silkamilkamonic
02-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Are you sure? I have been under the impression for the last year that we will be getting some picks to compensate for his death. I guess then the Redskins won't be getting any picks for Sean Taylor then either.

The NFL doesn't give comp picks for retired players on rookie contracts, deaths, or career ending injuries.

Kon
02-16-2008, 01:25 PM
The NFL doesn't give comp picks for retired players on rookie contracts, deaths, or career ending injuries.

Unfortunately. Darrent was a huge loss for us. :sad:

crazybronco
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
how do teams get comp picks:confused:

TruBroncFan07
02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
1st Pick- Ryan Clady LT Best value at are current pick. Very athletic for his size and his good feet. He should be able to protect Jay for years to come.

2nd Pick - Reggie Smith S He has very good speed and natural play making ability. Rated as the second best free safety prospect.He can also play corner against bigger recievers. That way we could move Bly to the nickle back when he is getting pushed around. (often)

4th Pick - Frank Okam DT Massive DT at 6-4 325 pounds. His is a force int the middle and would provide us strength in the middle for are soft run defence.

4th Pick- Jay Leman ILB One of the bigger ILB's in the Draft. Very solid against the run and plays with a mean streak, something are defence really needs.

5th Pick - Tom Zbikoski S He can help on special teams right away and give us somed depth and he plays with intensity . Tom has returned three punts for touchdowns at Notre Dame.

7th Pick -Eddie Royal WR/RS or the best return man left on the board. I doubt he would be available but if he does slide, we need to grab him.

7th Pick- Mike Cox FB One of the few bruising fullbacks in the draft. One of the best-blocking backs in college football. We need a real full back that can help protect are injury prone RB's. He was a key to helping Tashard Choice gain over a thousand yards this year. His nick name is the "Bull".

silkamilkamonic
02-16-2008, 02:00 PM
how do teams get comp picks:confused:

Comp picks are only given to teams that lose restriced free agents(players on their rookie contracts) to free agency, and those players have very good year for their new team.