PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Travis Henry?

mx_stiles13
02-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I thought I would make a poll to see what the majority of you think. A lot of us, including me, want a RB in the 1st round to help boost our offense to the next level. Others want a two-back system with Henry and Young.

So its simple. Do you want Travis Henry to remain a Bronco?

stnzed
02-16-2008, 07:43 PM
If he takes a huge pay cut, keep him, he'd make a nice backup to Stewart or Mendenhall.

Preferably Stewart......

lancane
02-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Hell no...I did not want him on this team to begin with and he sure did not do as he said which was contribute, stay healthy and not be a distraction, he did all of the above.

Max Power
02-16-2008, 07:45 PM
If he takes a huge pay cut, keep him, he'd make a nice backup to Stewart or Mendenhall.

Preferably Stewart......

I highly doubt we take a 1st round RB if Travis Henry stays, and I think he will restructure his deal.

lancane
02-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I highly doubt we take a 1st round RB if Travis Henry stays, and I think he will restructure his deal.

Doubt all you want, Adam Schefter said there was a big possibility...I guess he was wrong, because you said so! Come on Max, I just like several others believe that Shanahan wants playmakers and Henry is not the type of person you risk a season on, if he goes down again...which is highly likely then we will be doing the same crap next year as we did this year! A smart coach knows not to do that, even if he restructures, which I do not believe he will do! Better to get cut and paid then paid less for a longer period.

Max Power
02-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Doubt all you want, Adam Schefter said there was a big possibility...I guess he was wrong, because you said so! Come on Max, I just like several others believe that Shanahan wants playmakers and Henry is not the type of person you risk a season on, if he goes down again...which is highly likely then we will be doing the same crap next year as we did this year! A smart coach knows not to do that, even if he restructures, which I do not believe he will do! Better to get cut and paid then paid less for a longer period.

I never said he was wrong, I just said I don't think it's very likely. Don't get butt-hurt when people offer differing opinions.

Ravage!!!
02-16-2008, 08:03 PM

you are going ot have to chill on this 'taking a RB in the first round' thing. I don't care if Shefter hires a sky writer on how its a 'possibility'.. that doesn't make it a fact, and Shefter didn't know about Cutler either. So Schefter doesnt' know what Shanahan is going to do any more than the rest of us do.

So chill out. JUst because Max 'doubts' that we take a RB in the first, doesn't make his opinion wrong. He was saying that since he DOUBTS we do... we keep Henry. THAT makes perfect sense.

You have it SOOOO in your head that we are going to take a RB in the first, that you can't accept any other thoughts, and thats really REALLY getting irritating. You are going to go BALISTIC when it doesn't happen. :coffee:

lancane
02-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I never said he was wrong, I just said I don't think it's very likely. Don't get butt-hurt when people offer differing opinions.

Not butt-hurt Max, I am stating that even if he gets a paycut the chances are very high we have another halfback on our roster. Even if not a first round pick, I will bet money that we add one in the 4th to 5th round, but you do not risk it all on a player that Tennesse and bleeding Buffalo replaced because he was undependable! And with the talent level of the first round at our pick in such flux the soundest picks are offensive tackle and halfback, fact and not fiction, and if Shanahan wants a playmaker then you go halfback, you want to get Cutler protection you go offensive tackle - here is the point though, if he feels those needs are as such, then we could see those two needs filled in the first two rounds, but a top shelf back will not be there in the second when it is plausable that a offensive tackle will be. But defensively we also have better options in the second round without reaching so there becomes the dilemma.

lancane
02-16-2008, 08:10 PM
you are going ot have to chill on this 'taking a RB in the first round' thing. I don't care if Shefter hires a sky writer on how its a 'possibility'.. that doesn't make it a fact, and Shefter didn't know about Cutler either. So Schefter doesnt' know what Shanahan is going to do any more than the rest of us do.

So chill out. JUst because Max 'doubts' that we take a RB in the first, doesn't make his opinion wrong. He was saying that since he DOUBTS we do... we keep Henry. THAT makes perfect sense.

You have it SOOOO in your head that we are going to take a RB in the first, that you can't accept any other thoughts, and thats really REALLY getting irritating. You are going to go BALISTIC when it doesn't happen. :coffee:

I said an offensive tackle was even a serious possibility Rav...and I have stated several times there are other options! We can trade down and actually get a defensive player of value and add other picks, we can take a lineman which could help our protection, there are a ton of options...but none worth the #12 pick. And Henry is a freaking loser, and no way Shanahan will even if he takes a paycut not have options available. That is the point I was trying to make...if we do not take one in the first round, so be it...but I can near guarantee one will be drafted so we do not risk everything on Henry.

stnzed
02-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Whether or not Henry takes a pay cut and stays in Denver or not, it means very little to the RB situation.

You simply cannot rely on Travis Henry, he's a backup for the remainder of his career and he was never that good to begin with......

MHS
02-17-2008, 08:55 AM
keep if with a pay cut so we do not have to draft a first round RB and can wait till roun 2-4 to get one.

BroncosTX77
02-17-2008, 09:00 AM
I thought I would make a poll to see what the majority of you think. A lot of us, including me, want a RB in the 1st round to help boost our offense to the next level. Others want a two-back system with Henry and Young.

So its simple. Do you want Travis Henry to remain a Bronco?

Does it matter what we think? It's not like we are cutting his paycheck. There are no more than 12 days left before us fans will know what Shanny will do with THC and 'The Javon'. Until then stop worrying about hype your player and enjoy the combine~

:salute:

Dean
02-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Does it matter what we think? It's not like we are cutting his paycheck. There are no more than 12 days left before us fans will know what Shanny will do with THC and 'The Javon'. Until then stop worrying about hype your player and enjoy the combine~

:salute:

Exactly right! No matter how many times the same idea is dressed up in different wording it will not change the Broncos' selection in the draft.

Shanahan, the coaching staff, and the front office have already done their needs assessment. The next step is to get the combine numbers to firm-up where the possible upside of each player of interest is going to be. That will be accompanied by final decisions as to who to re-sign and at what cap number and how much money we will need available in the near future to renew contracts.

Finally, after all of that the focus will shift to who will be available that 1) the front office wants and 2) they feel that they can reach to pick. Through this whole process our hopes, fears, and wishes are not considered. Sit back, relax, and see the finish. It is healthy for us to express our opinion but realize that each of us has our own opinion. On this topic, in the end, that opinion just won't matter and we won't know who is "right" for years down the road.