PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Pattern

CTM
02-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I dont know if its that interesting but it seems that whatever position the Broncos are trying to fix, they always draft multiple guys of the same position. Think back when we needed to get someone opposite of Champ, we took 3 corners. After we traded Portis we took 2 RB. Last year we took 2 DE with our first two picks. The year before we went with two WR when it seemed Rod was slowing down. This might be a good gage to whatever position you think the Broncos need to fix. Can you see the Broncos taking multiple guys in whatever position you think they need to fix most? I see DT, LB, and S as the most likely positions in which we may take multiple guys during this year's draft. This doesnt mean we will take these positions in the 1st round but it doesnt rule it out either. This just means these are the areas in which we struggled The fact that we haven't added any young LB in recent years makes me think we will take at least 2 in this years draft. Possibly in the first, if not there then definately in the second, and then maybe another one in the 4th or 5th.

SBboundBRONCOS
02-17-2008, 09:18 PM
i hope not because this is the drafting situation that got us into half this mess

draft one guy at a position, otherwise you just bury quality players behind others . . . . what is the logic in that when you have crappy players at other positions

BroncoKazuki
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I dont know if its that interesting but it seems that whatever position the Broncos are trying to fix, they always draft multiple guys of the same position. Think back when we needed to get someone opposite of Champ, we took 3 corners. After we traded Portis we took 2 RB. Last year we took 2 DE with our first two picks. The year before we went with two WR when it seemed Rod was slowing down. This might be a good gage to whatever position you think the Broncos need to fix. Can you see the Broncos taking multiple guys in whatever position you think they need to fix most? I see DT, LB, and S as the most likely positions in which we may take multiple guys during this year's draft. This doesnt mean we will take these positions in the 1st round but it doesnt rule it out either. This just means these are the areas in which we struggled The fact that we haven't added any young LB in recent years makes me think we will take at least 2 in this years draft. Possibly in the first, if not there then definately in the second, and then maybe another one in the 4th or 5th.

Honestly for the most part thats what has us in this position in the first place.

The only few places where drafting multiple are on the lines (D-Line and O-lines) as you can never have too many DE, DT, OT,C, OG's but we drafted 3 other CB's extra two S that are just backups. extra LB's that are still backups.

The problem is we took 2 WR's Still getting Marshall has proven that getting 2 WR's was ok, Multipick RB's but this was due to the pure problem that none of the backs never worked out for a full season without busting post Portis. Too many CB's Playmah is a quality backup CB but Foxworth has stated he should have started instead of us getting Bly.

If we addressed the lines beforehand we wouldn't have the problem of poor line depth that we do right now.

jlarsiii
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
It would not surprise me one bit to see the FO continue with that draft strategy. However, I think that there are too many holes that need to be filled to actually do that this draft.

pipes
02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Honestly for the most part thats what has us in this position in the first place.

The only few places where drafting multiple are on the lines (D-Line and O-lines) as you can never have too many DE, DT, OT,C, OG's but we drafted 3 other CB's extra two S that are just backups. extra LB's that are still backups.

The problem is we took 2 WR's Still getting Marshall has proven that getting 2 WR's was ok, Multipick RB's but this was due to the pure problem that none of the backs never worked out for a full season without busting post Portis. Too many CB's Playmah is a quality backup CB but Foxworth has stated he should have started instead of us getting Bly.
If we addressed the lines beforehand we wouldn't have the problem of poor line depth that we do right now.

Maybe he should've played better, actually make a play, and Shanny wouldn't have felt the need to get Bly.

I'm tired of hearing how Foxworth thinks that he should get this and that, should start....blah blah blah....

stnzed
02-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Imo, when a team drafts as bad as Denver does, it's not always a bad idea to hedge your bet and draft more than one player at a position. It increases your chances of finding somebody worth keeping.

And Foxworth shouldn't start on any team that already has Bailey and Bly (And Karl Paymah, for that matter), I don't care what he says, he isn't that good......

BroncoKazuki
02-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Imo, when a team drafts as bad as Denver does, it's not always a bad idea to hedge your bet and draft more than one player at a position. It increases your chances of finding somebody worth keeping.

And Foxworth shouldn't start on any team that already has Bailey and Bly (And Karl Paymah, for that matter), I don't care what he says, he isn't that good......

Thats why we show him to the bills for their 3rd or 4th pick :smug:

Foxworth can start but somewhere else while he gives us back his pick in this draft.