PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Peanut
02-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Hope Kyle is ok & doesn't have any significant injury, that was a very hard hit into a wall that doesn't have safer barriers.

Tough week on the busch brothers & we may not see either of them race in the 500.

It was just announced that Kyle is out for tomorrow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/kyle-busch-hits-interior-wall-hard-near-end-of-xfinity-race-232129942.html

Tweet from Kasey says it best:

Kasey Kahne
All we do is wreck at Daytona and that massive wall has no safer barrier? Unbelievable! Hope Kyle is ok...
6:45 PM - 21 Feb 2015

BroncosFanInPA
02-21-2015, 07:10 PM
It was just announced that Kyle is out for tomorrow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/kyle-busch-hits-interior-wall-hard-near-end-of-xfinity-race-232129942.html

Tweet from Kasey says it best:

Kasey Kahne
All we do is wreck at Daytona and that massive wall has no safer barrier? Unbelievable! Hope Kyle is ok...
6:45 PM - 21 Feb 2015

Sorry Peanut, that really sucks!

I know what it's like when your guy is out, hopefully it's not broke or too serious that he has to miss multiple races.

Get well soon kyle.

Peanut
02-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Sorry Peanut, that really sucks!

I know what it's like when your guy is out, hopefully it's not broke or too serious that he has to miss multiple races.

Get well soon kyle.

Thanks, PA. Yeah, you know exactly how it feels. A compound fracture in his right leg, as well as a fractured left foot. He's going to out for awhile.

I remember last year, NASCAR saying that they're not interested/not planning on adding more SAFER barriers at any of the tracks. It's like, you got what you got. I'm glad they changed their minds. A little too late for Kyle.

"In a Saturday evening press conference, Chitwood announced that Daytona would be setting up tire barriers on Saturday night to cover all non-SAFER-covered sections of track, and that DIS would be installing SAFER barriers on every inch of exposed wall.

NASCAR SVP Steve O'Donnell noted that the sanctioning body would be in touch with tracks, seeking to expedite the implementation of all available safety measures. "We will accelerate those [SAFER barrier] talks with the tracks," O'Donnell said. "We want this sport to be as safe as possible." "

Southstander
02-22-2015, 11:24 AM
I am so ready for today.

DenverBlood
02-22-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry but I just can't get behind a sport that ends under caution.

Broncoholic JS
02-22-2015, 03:07 PM
I was really pulling for Jeff to win today. If not him, Dale Jr. would have been cool too.

BroncosFanInPA
02-22-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm sorry but I just can't get behind a sport that ends under caution.

Well if that's how you really feel then perhaps you shouldn't watch because it was a safety issue.

Nascar had no choice because there were still cars behind the wreck & that is a major safety concern with cars wrecked & other cars barrelling down on them at 200MPH!

How would you feel if you was in one of those wrecked cars sitting there helpless & more cars are flying right for you at 200MPH?

Besides i didn't here a single complaint from a driver about the caution coming out...i seriously doubt the result would have changed anyway.

Broncoholic JS
02-22-2015, 03:44 PM
Austin Dillon taking out Gordon like that? They need to retire that 3 car and never let anyone drive it again. Earnhardt would be displeased with taking out someone like that.

Reallllly?

Makes me upset that a race can finish like that. They didn't complete all 500 miles. Start calling it the Daytona 499.

BroncosFanInPA
02-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Austin Dillon taking out Gordon like that? They need to retire that 3 car and never let anyone drive it again. Earnhardt would be displeased with taking out someone like that.

Reallllly?

Makes me upset that a race can finish like that. They didn't complete all 500 miles. Start calling it the Daytona 499.

My post above will apply to this as well. :rolleyes:

And as far Gordon getting wrecked...that is part of restrictor plate racing, nobody wrecks somebody on purpose it's just the way it is at daytona & talladega

roushmartin6
02-22-2015, 05:20 PM
The 500 was just kind of meh this year. If you got out front, you were almost impossible to pass. Also Nascar and when they throw the caution flag, they do it today like they should but didn't in 2007 when Mark was leading.

DenverBlood
02-22-2015, 05:54 PM
My post above will apply to this as well. :rolleyes:

And as far Gordon getting wrecked...that is part of restrictor plate racing, nobody wrecks somebody on purpose it's just the way it is at daytona & talladega

I didn't say I didn't get it. But just two laps prior they stopped the entire race to get cleaned up, set the field and go back to green flag. Why not do it again?

I completely understand safety. But I still don't like the race ending that way. It's the only sport that does that. To me it's like ending a football game because someone tore their ACL with 10 seconds left. I'm being a little dramatic but still.

And you don't have to worry about me watching. Those final 20 laps were the only laps I watched the entire race. And it was only because my nephew wanted to watch. That was my point. I will not watch a sport that ends this way. Safety or not. It was obvious a wreck would happen in the middle with people being desperate but none of them had a legit shot anyway.

So now Jr. and Harvick get screwed out of a last minute move because some idiot a second behind them screwed up.

BroncosFanInPA
02-22-2015, 06:29 PM
I didn't say I didn't get it. But just two laps prior they stopped the entire race to get cleaned up, set the field and go back to green flag. Why not do it again?

I completely understand safety. But I still don't like the race ending that way. It's the only sport that does that. To me it's like ending a football game because someone tore their ACL with 10 seconds left. I'm being a little dramatic but still.

And you don't have to worry about me watching. Those final 20 laps were the only laps I watched the entire race. And it was only because my nephew wanted to watch. That was my point. I will not watch a sport that ends this way. Safety or not. It was obvious a wreck would happen in the middle with people being desperate but none of them had a legit shot anyway.

So now Jr. and Harvick get screwed out of a last minute move because some idiot a second behind them screwed up.

Because that's not how it works, nascar gives up to 3 attempts at a green-white-checker finish to try avoiding a race ending this way but the rule is...once the leader crosses the finish line to start the final lap, the race will be official under green or caution.

Nobody likes a race to end this way but sometimes it's just how things work out.

Comparing Nascar to any other sport does not make much sense since it's unlike other sports, nascar has put rules in place to the best of it's ability to assure a race doesn't end under caution but things happen & if the last lap has started then that is it, end of story...you can't just keep trying over & over & over.

If it wasn't the final lap then they would have restarted it but it was, so the race is over.

DenverBlood
02-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Because that's not how it works, nascar gives up to 3 attempts at a green-white-checker finish to try avoiding a race ending this way but the rule is...once the leader crosses the finish line to start the final lap, the race will be official under green or caution.

Nobody likes a race to end this way but sometimes it's just how things work out.

Comparing Nascar to any other sport does not make much sense since it's unlike other sports, nascar has put rules in place to the best of it's ability to assure a race doesn't end under caution but things happen & if the last lap has started then that is it, end of story...you can't just keep trying over & over & over.

If it wasn't the final lap then they would have restarted it but it was, so the race is over.

I get all of that. I wasn't arguing to change the rules. I'm just saying that's why I can't get behind it. It's uninteresting to me to have that happen. And it happens a lot.

It completely took the wind out of the sails for what looked like was about to be a fantastic finish.

BroncosFanInPA
02-27-2015, 06:15 PM
How in the heck can this happen? 13 cars don't get on track for qualifying :rolleyes:

Nascar sure knows how to screw things up. :clap:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/12395221/inspection-issues-cause-13-cars-miss-sprint-cup-qualifying-atlanta

HAMPTON, Ga. -- Former Sprint Cup champions Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth were among the 13 drivers who did not get a chance to post qualifying times Friday after their cars didn't get through inspection in time at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Daytona 500 winner Joey Logano captured the pole for Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Atlanta.
As several teams had problems in the tech area, reportedly in the rear camber area, and had to go through inspection a second time, NASCAR delayed the start of qualifying for 15 minutes. But that wasn't enough as the 15-minute first round was completed before 13 cars could get through and then make a qualifying lap.

Daytona 500 champion Joey Logano wound up winning the pole with Kevin Harvick second. Jamie McMurray was third with Denny Hamlin and Carl Edwards rounding out the top five.

With 36 spots available on speed and only 34 taking times, everyone who posted a first-round time got into the QuikTrip 500 on Sunday. The remaining nine spots were based on 2014 owner points. Michael Annett, Mike Wallace, Matt DiBenedetto and Reed Sorenson never took a lap and missed the race pending post-qualifying technical inspection.

"We were excited about qualifying today," said Gordon, who will start 35th. "I felt like we had a shot at being up front. This is just absolutely ridiculous."

It was not rare last year for a car or two not to get through inspection, but more than a dozen cars was virtually unheard of since NASCAR went to group qualifying last year. All the cars that didn't get through inspection before the end of the first round still had to go through inspection and be approved.

"They [at NASCAR] should have recognized they had an issue," Gordon said. "When you have this many teams that are having issues going through [inspection], there's something wrong. There's something wrong with their system or there's something wrong with the amount of time they allot to get through.

"There is no way this many good cars, talented people, that they can't figure out how to get these cars through inspection. Yeah, we're pushing limits, but there's something wrong here. I'm embarrassed for our series right now that this just happened."

BroncosFanInPA
03-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Well i have had just about enough of this crap of stewart running so bad that he is running with the bottom 3rd of the field, it's disgusting!!:mad:

I thought things were going to be better this year but clearly he & the 14 team have picked up right where they left off the past 2 seasons & that is unacceptable to the fans of that team.

It's clear to me that 1 of 2 things is the problem...either tony's driving skills have just fallen off the face of the earth that he just can't get it done anymore, or option two...the crew chief is the problem!

And that is a problem within a problem because tony is close with him, they are like best buddies & thus he will not consider making a change no matter how poor the performance on the track is & that is making me very angry about the whole situation.

I'm not usually one to think this way but if things don't turn around soon & he continues to run between 20th & 30th much longer & won't make a change because of a friendship...i may stop supporting this garbage & quit watching!

AZ Snake Fan
03-02-2015, 02:58 AM

I tend to agree it's most likely your option 2 PA.
Tony's career has been going down hill without Zippy.
Tony should pull Zip from competition director and put him on top of the box again.

Option 3 could be his car ?
Tony's car couldn't beat a replacement driver and a gurl driver on his own team today. :D
Since he's the boss, take the 4 car and crew, paint a 1 in front of the 4.
Take the 1 off of the 14 and give it to Kevin.
;)

BroncosFanInPA
03-03-2015, 05:06 PM

Tony should pull Zip from competition director and put him on top of the box again.

Tony's car couldn't beat a replacement driver and a gurl driver on his own team today. :D
;)

Ha Ha! Nice idea Az but i don't think that would work.

I thought i saw a comment somewhere about how tony may have tried a setup that harvick uses & he couldn't run it, i guess everybody has their own driving style & something one guy runs won't work for another.

It's all about the setup of the car & then adjustments throughout the race which is where the 14 team is failing miserably & that is on the crew chief to make it better.

roushmartin6
03-03-2015, 11:37 PM

;)

Hard to say his career has been going downhill since Zippy when he won the championship but he should NOT have fired Darian Grubb. They finally hit on something and lost it. I don't know if its because they didn't get along or not but sometimes thats good, Jimmie and Chad fight a lot and look how good they are together.

Freyaka
03-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Hard to say his career has been going downhill since Zippy when he won the championship but he should NOT have fired Darian Grubb. They finally hit on something and lost it. I don't know if its because they didn't get along or not but sometimes thats good, Jimmie and Chad fight a lot and look how good they are together.

That's kinda what happened with Bobby, his longtime crew chief that he had won a championship with got promoted up and he was just never the same after that. He had fatback had some good races and if Bobby could have worked with him better he might have ended up better off but he's gone pretty far downhill since firing fatback and then leaving JGR.

BroncosFanInPA
03-04-2015, 05:06 PM

And that is the problem because from some things i have read on tony's home page, he & this chad johnston are like best friends or something & that most times is not a good business relationship.

You can't really be best friends with a co-worker because i think it impairs your judgement of what's best.

roushmartin6
03-04-2015, 11:11 PM
And that is the problem because from some things i have read on tony's home page, he & this chad johnston are like best friends or something & that most times is not a good business relationship.

You can't really be best friends with a co-worker because i think it impairs your judgement of what's best.

I think you can if he is willing to put you in your place when its best for the team. I think Tony needs someone to tell him this is how its going to be. I'm sure his leg isn't helping things either but the team was struggling before Tony's accident as well. The team would be in serious trouble without Harvick being there, he is kind of like the light in the dark that they have the equipment, they just need to get the right people in place.

roushmartin6
03-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General's office UPDATE: Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General's office. Attorney General Matt Denn's office declined to file charges stemming from a complaint filed in November by the driver's ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. Thursday's decision concludes a months-long investigation that has kept the NASCAR world guessing what would happen to the driver known as "The Outlaw."
"After a thorough consideration of all of the available information about the case, it is determined that the admissible evidence and available witnesses would likely be insufficient to meet the burden of establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Busch committed a crime during the Sept. 26 incident," Delaware Attorney General spokesman Carl Kanefsky said in an email. "Likelihood of meeting that high burden of proof is the standard for prosecutors in bringing a case. For this reason, the Department of Justice will not pursue criminal charges in this case."
Driscoll, president of the Armed Forces Foundation and a defense contractor, alleges Busch grabbed her by the throat and slammed her head three times against the bedroom wall of his motor home during a race weekend in Dover. A Kent County Family Court commissioner ruled in favor of Driscoll last week and granted a protection order against the driver in a separate civil matter. NASCAR, acting off that civil decision, suspended the driver indefinitely, two days before the Daytona 500.
The order, which expires in 2016, stipulates that Busch has to stay 100 yards away from Driscoll, her home and workplace. At NASCAR races he has to maintain the maximum "practicable" distance from her and not attempt to contact her. "We're very disappointed that the Attorney General's office chose not to prosecute, but it only makes the order for the (protection order) that much more important," said Carolyn McNeice, Driscoll's attorney. "I understand their position, but I am disappointed."(Delaware News Journal)
AND The decision by the Delaware Attorney General's office, might not affect Busch in the interim because he's under suspension by NASCAR. The sport indefinitely suspended the Stewart-Haas Racing driver before the Daytona 500 -- a decision that was upheld on appeal -- after a family court commissioner issued a detailed opinion Feb. 20 saying that Busch had committed an act of domestic violence against Driscoll. NASCAR hasn't announced the guidelines for Busch's reinstatement but is using a domestic violence expert to help determine Busch's path. Busch has agreed to the NASCAR guidelines. The burden of proof is different in the criminal and civil cases that stem from this incident.
Kurt Busch Statement: "I am grateful that the prosecutors in Delaware listened, carefully considered the evidence, and after a thorough investigation decided to not file criminal charges against me. I wish to thank my family, friends, fans, and race team who stood by me throughout this nightmare with their unwavering support. Thanks also goes to my legal team for making sure that the truth got out and was fully provided to the prosecutors. As I have said from the beginning, I did not commit domestic abuse. I look forward to being back in racing as soon as possible and moving on with my life."(ESPN)(3-5-2015)

So yeah......Nascar jumped the gun with that suspension

Peanut
03-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General's office UPDATE: Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General's office. Attorney General Matt Denn's office declined to file charges stemming from a complaint filed in November by the driver's ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. Thursday's decision concludes a months-long investigation that has kept the NASCAR world guessing what would happen to the driver known as "The Outlaw."
"After a thorough consideration of all of the available information about the case, it is determined that the admissible evidence and available witnesses would likely be insufficient to meet the burden of establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Busch committed a crime during the Sept. 26 incident," Delaware Attorney General spokesman Carl Kanefsky said in an email. "Likelihood of meeting that high burden of proof is the standard for prosecutors in bringing a case. For this reason, the Department of Justice will not pursue criminal charges in this case."
Driscoll, president of the Armed Forces Foundation and a defense contractor, alleges Busch grabbed her by the throat and slammed her head three times against the bedroom wall of his motor home during a race weekend in Dover. A Kent County Family Court commissioner ruled in favor of Driscoll last week and granted a protection order against the driver in a separate civil matter. NASCAR, acting off that civil decision, suspended the driver indefinitely, two days before the Daytona 500.
The order, which expires in 2016, stipulates that Busch has to stay 100 yards away from Driscoll, her home and workplace. At NASCAR races he has to maintain the maximum "practicable" distance from her and not attempt to contact her. "We're very disappointed that the Attorney General's office chose not to prosecute, but it only makes the order for the (protection order) that much more important," said Carolyn McNeice, Driscoll's attorney. "I understand their position, but I am disappointed."(Delaware News Journal)
AND The decision by the Delaware Attorney General's office, might not affect Busch in the interim because he's under suspension by NASCAR. The sport indefinitely suspended the Stewart-Haas Racing driver before the Daytona 500 -- a decision that was upheld on appeal -- after a family court commissioner issued a detailed opinion Feb. 20 saying that Busch had committed an act of domestic violence against Driscoll. NASCAR hasn't announced the guidelines for Busch's reinstatement but is using a domestic violence expert to help determine Busch's path. Busch has agreed to the NASCAR guidelines. The burden of proof is different in the criminal and civil cases that stem from this incident.
Kurt Busch Statement: "I am grateful that the prosecutors in Delaware listened, carefully considered the evidence, and after a thorough investigation decided to not file criminal charges against me. I wish to thank my family, friends, fans, and race team who stood by me throughout this nightmare with their unwavering support. Thanks also goes to my legal team for making sure that the truth got out and was fully provided to the prosecutors. As I have said from the beginning, I did not commit domestic abuse. I look forward to being back in racing as soon as possible and moving on with my life."(ESPN)(3-5-2015)

So yeah......Nascar jumped the gun with that suspension

The bolded. That's what's bothered me. The guy was asked to wait. He didn't because he wanted to "keep to the schedule". It was like his moment of fame and he was going to take it.

I still would like to know who Driscoll tried to get help from immediately after and what they had to say.

Hopefully, they got this right.

AZ Snake Fan
03-06-2015, 06:55 PM

The bolded. That's what's bothered me. The guy was asked to wait. He didn't because he wanted to "keep to the schedule". It was like his moment of fame and he was going to take it.

I still would like to know who Driscoll tried to get help from immediately after and what they had to say.

Hopefully, they got this right.

That moment of fame thing...
That sure does happen a lot when celebs are involved.
She called her covert ops chief of course, didn't she ? :confused:
~~~~
Vegas looks like it's gonna be a fun weekend !

ELWAY421
03-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Anyone of ya's watch the " I Am Dale Earnhardt" special? I've stated before that he was and always will be my favorite driver, but there are some human beings that just stand out, Dale was one of those human beings (bigger than the room you're in). If you get a chance check it out.

BroncosFanInPA
03-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Anyone of ya's watch the " I Am Dale Earnhardt" special? I've stated before that he was and always will be my favorite driver, but there are some human beings that just stand out, Dale was one of those human beings (bigger than the room you're in). If you get a chance check it out.

I watched most of it except for maybe the last 10-15 minutes because it was late & past my bedtime ha ha!

But it was a very interesting piece & i enjoyed it alot, he was one of a kind for sure! :thumb:

ELWAY421
03-06-2015, 09:23 PM
I watched most of it except for maybe the last 10-15 minutes because it was late & past my bedtime ha ha!

But it was a very interesting piece & i enjoyed it alot, he was one of a kind for sure! :thumb:

I say this every year, but I'll say it again. " It's The 88's Year This Year". Lol. I wouldn't be mad if smoke won it though or even Gordon. Just as long as it's not the 48 or the 2....

BroncosFanInPA
03-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Ok i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but this is just flat out embarrassing! 33rd & 5 laps down! :ugh: seriously! :confused: :mad:

It won't be long before sponsors are going to want off that 14 car & who in the world could blame them, this is pathetic!

And i'm now starting to wonder if it really is the crew chief that is the problem & not tony. Maybe he just is done & too scared to race after all that has gone on the last 2 years, because the dam car cannot possibly be that bad to go 5 laps down in a 400 mile race without any long extended green runs.

I hate to say this but i think he should just retire.

Again...5 laps down! for real?? :laugh:

AZ Snake Fan
03-08-2015, 04:20 PM

Maybe Tony should drive the Jimmy John's instead of eating them. ;)
That car is freaky fast !!! :P

Seriously, Tony is still recovering PA, give him some more time.
He's been through a lot of grief and pain, Hamlin is just coming back now.
Best wishes for Kyle's recovery and glad to see Vickers back at it !!

I was pleased to see Newman and Truex giving it a shot today.

Bad call for Jr to take 2 tires with 30 laps to go.
Not that the 88 had anything for the 4 today.

On to PIR !!! :D

ELWAY421
03-08-2015, 04:35 PM

Maybe Tony should drive the Jimmy John's instead of eating them. ;)
That car is freaky fast !!! :P

Seriously, Tony is still recovering PA, give him some more time.
He's been through a lot of grief and pain, Hamlin is just coming back now.
Best wishes for Kyle's recovery and glad to see Vickers back at it !!

I was pleased to see Newman and Truex giving it a shot today.

Bad call for Jr to take 2 tires with 30 laps to go.
Not that the 88 had anything for the 4 today.

On to PIR !!! :D

The 88 will hit his stide going into to the chase. :D

roushmartin6
03-11-2015, 11:13 AM
NASCAR Lifts Kurt Busch's Suspension; will be Chase-eligible: NASCAR announced that, effectively immediately, the indefinite suspension of Kurt Busch has been lifted. He is eligible to return to NASCAR racing under indefinite probation subject to additional mandatory requirements that include but are not limited to participation in a treatment program and full compliance with any judicial requirements placed upon him. On Feb. 20, Kurt Busch, driver of the #41 car, was found to be in violation of:
• Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
• Section 12.8: Behavioral Penalty
The decision to lift the suspension was made by NASCAR after Kurt Busch:
• Complied with all requirements in its reinstatement program;
• Completed the mandatory behavioral assessment sessions; and
• The behavioral health care expert who conducted the sessions recommended to NASCAR that Kurt Busch be allowed to return to competition.
Kurt Busch now will undergo additional steps to address the behavior for which he was penalized.
The requirement that a driver must compete in all Championship Events of the current season to be eligible for The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup has been waived for the period of Kurt Busch's suspension. Assuming he returns to NASCAR Sprint Cup competition, Kurt Busch would have zero Championship points to date after missing the Daytona 500 and the two most recent NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
"As we stated last week, the elimination of the possibility of criminal charges removed a significant impediment to Kurt Busch's return to full status as a NASCAR member," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer. "We therefore have decided to move him to indefinite probation and waive the Chase requirement. He has fully complied with our reinstatement program during his suspension and the health care expert who conducted his evaluation recommended his immediate return. "We have made it very clear to Kurt Busch our expectations for him moving forward, which includes participation in a treatment program and full compliance with all judicial requirements as a result of his off-track behavior."(NASCAR)(3-11-2015)

Its about time Nascar. I wouldn't have had any problem with him being suspended if they would have waited for the legal process to play out, but they jumped the gun and look foolish for it now

Peanut
03-15-2015, 11:05 PM
:sad: for PA. He was running good, too.

BroncosFanInPA
03-16-2015, 06:16 PM
:sad: for PA. He was running good, too.

Yeah he was running well for a change & i was pleasantly surprised, but in the end he wrecked himself for the most part.

Though i'm sure the team is disappointed, they should be at least encouraged for how they ran even if the results don't show.

Speaking of results (i can have a sense of humor about this)...Kurt Busch has more points in 1 race than Tony has in 4 races :eek: now that is funny :laugh: in a goofy kinda way :goofy:

Peanut
03-17-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah he was running well for a change & i was pleasantly surprised, but in the end he wrecked himself for the most part.

Though i'm sure the team is disappointed, they should be at least encouraged for how they ran even if the results don't show.

Speaking of results (i can have a sense of humor about this)...Kurt Busch has more points in 1 race than Tony has in 4 races :eek: now that is funny :laugh: in a goofy kinda way :goofy:

That's sad. I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it. Laugh or cry, right? It's like when Skinner's tire fell off when he was going for the Truck Championship a few years ago.

Family court will not reopen Kurt Busch case: Kurt Busch's request to have his protective order hearing reopened by a Kent County Family Court commissioner was denied Tuesday. The decision by Commissioner David Jones, while not in Busch's favor, now allows Busch to proceed with his planned appeal of the decision to a family court judge. Busch's legal team filed the motion to reopen the hearing Feb. 19, four days after Jones granted the protective order and one day before Jones released his findings and conclusions on why he had determined that Busch had likely committed an act of domestic violence on ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. In the motion to reopen the hearing, Busch's legal team said it had three witnesses -- including Beverly Young, whom Driscoll has referred to as her mother although they are not biologically related -- who had come forward willing to testify to place doubt on Driscoll's testimony and show that Driscoll was out to ruin Busch. Jones denied the motion Tuesday, ruling that the witnesses could have been compelled to give depositions in December or January and that their testimony would not have changed his opinion. "The newly discovered evidence, when considered in the context of the evidence presented at trial, would not establish that [Driscoll] was motivated by desire to ruin [Busch] when she first reported the allegations of abuse," Jones wrote. Driscoll issued a statement Tuesday stating she was pleased with the decision.(ESPN.com)(3-17-2015)

I'm really curious about Jones. It's like he made up his mind and won't see anything else.

And please note again. I'm not a Kurt fan.

AZ Snake Fan
03-21-2015, 05:55 PM

While I'm sick of champion caliber Sprint drivers running in the Xfinity races, specifically Harvick and Brad K, I guess the young guys can learn a few things from chasing the Sprint rabbits.

Chase Elliot made an incredible move on Brad K for the pass with 8 to go and I was luvving it !!! :D
Here's to Tony making his first finish of the year above 30th place tomorrow ! :beer: (PA ;) )

BroncosFanInPA
03-22-2015, 04:27 PM
What a shame the way that went down with all those late cautions, because Kurt deserved to win that race...

the 41 car was awesome all weekend & was the class of the field, but they got beat by the caution flag & nothing else.

Also harvick is on some kind of run of epic proportions...8 consecutive top 2 finishes :O can anybody slow that team down?

AZ Snake Fan
03-22-2015, 06:31 PM

What a shame the way that went down with all those late cautions, because Kurt deserved to win that race...

the 41 car was awesome all weekend & was the class of the field, but they got beat by the caution flag & nothing else.

Also harvick is on some kind of run of epic proportions...8 consecutive top 2 finishes :O can anybody slow that team down?

You're right, that win today was a steal by yellows, that's racing.
Yeah PA, NASCAR could slow Harvick if they tore down all his new motors lol !!! :D

Peanut
03-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Prayers to J.D. and family. Some really nice tweets from the drivers.

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/nascar-turns-out-in-force-to-offer-well-wishes-to-j-d-gibbs/

The NASCAR family sent a large outpouring of support and well wishes to J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing.

The team issued an announcement on Wednesday that Gibbs is being treated for symptoms impacting his brain function.

While Gibbs is not taking a leave of absence, he will scale back on his presence at races while undergoing treatment for the malady.

roushmartin6
03-26-2015, 01:04 AM

Yup, once again Nascar shows its inconsistency with their yellow flags and it royally screwed Kurt

roushmartin6
03-26-2015, 01:04 AM
Prayers to J.D. and family. Some really nice tweets from the drivers.

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/nascar-turns-out-in-force-to-offer-well-wishes-to-j-d-gibbs/

The NASCAR family sent a large outpouring of support and well wishes to J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing.

The team issued an announcement on Wednesday that Gibbs is being treated for symptoms impacting his brain function.

While Gibbs is not taking a leave of absence, he will scale back on his presence at races while undergoing treatment for the malady.

Yea it was sad news to read today. Hopefully they get him fixed up soon

AZ Snake Fan
03-26-2015, 08:59 PM

March Madness Means Martinsville !!!

Jaws
03-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Grr, my satellite TV service doesn't even show highlights now.

BroncosFanInPA
03-28-2015, 05:53 PM
That was a heck of a finish in the truck race...let's hope we have one just as good for the cup race.

Martinsville is a great track that is action packed, how cool would it be if they installed lights & ran a saturday night race! :thumb:

AZ Snake Fan
03-28-2015, 09:37 PM

That was a heck of a finish in the truck race...let's hope we have one just as good for the cup race.

Martinsville is a great track that is action packed, how cool would it be if they installed lights & ran a saturday night race! :thumb:

That 17 yr old Cole Custer racing for Jr has quite a future !!!

Yo PA ! Tony is lining up front in the third row tomorrow. ;)

Here is Tony back in 1991:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBC-X2OXEAAAr-H.jpg:large

How 'bout that mullet !!! :D

Jaws
03-29-2015, 04:53 AM

That 17 yr old Cole Custer racing for Jr has quite a future !!!

Yo PA ! Tony is lining up front in the third row tomorrow. ;)

Here is Tony back in 1991:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBC-X2OXEAAAr-H.jpg:large

How 'bout that mullet !!! :D

Before I evolved into a shark I was a mullet! ;)

BroncosFanInPA
03-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Stewart has to have the dumbest crew chief of all time! :doh:

God i can't stand that clown that has no clue! :mad: Who the heck makes that call to stay out with 40 laps to go? :confused:

He cost him a top 10 if not better & instead he winds up 20th!

PLEASE FIRE HIM NOW!!!! :fight:

AZ Snake Fan
03-29-2015, 09:56 PM

Yo PA !
At least everyone on Tony's team finished in the top 20 !

AZ Snake Fan
03-29-2015, 09:58 PM

Yo Jaws !
Having a hard time imagining you as ever being anything but a shark, but if you say so;
A mullet you were !!!
:D

BroncosFanInPA
03-30-2015, 07:10 PM

Yo PA !
At least everyone on Tony's team finished in the top 20 !

Yeah AZ, overall it was good as a whole but should have been much better for the boss...

tony most likely had a top 10 finish until a boneheaded call by the CC to stay out when everyone else pits, what did he expect to happen?

I just think that the guy is not cut out to be a CC because he makes stupid calls :duh: & can never improve the car throughout the whole race...

tony started 6th but never really went forward, just hung around 8th - 15th much of the race while others pass him by.

it's just super frustrating the longer it continues. :( I got a bad feeling about texas based on how atlanta & vegas went...i think it may be super ugly like 5-6 laps down :ugh:

ELWAY421
03-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Yeah AZ, overall it was good as a whole but should have been much better for the boss...

tony most likely had a top 10 finish until a boneheaded call by the CC to stay out when everyone else pits, what did he expect to happen?

I just think that the guy is not cut out to be a CC because he makes stupid calls :duh: & can never improve the car throughout the whole race...

tony started 6th but never really went forward, just hung around 8th - 15th much of the race while others pass him by.

it's just super frustrating the longer it continues. :( I got a bad feeling about texas based on how atlanta & vegas went...i think it may be super ugly like 5-6 laps down :ugh:

The 88 hasn't been stellar, haha. Heck he was driving and wrenching on his car at the same time, and then wrecked it. Take it back to the garage JR.

Peanut
03-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Both my Kyles were out this week. So was cheering for Gordon and he gets a speeding penalty while leading the race. I understand the need to get in and out quickly, but when teams keep getting caught trying to speed in between the zones, it seems like they would stop doing that.

And I'm finding the "uncontrolled" tire rule a little annoying.

Indycars started this week. :D

Peanut
03-31-2015, 03:05 PM
Tire penalties. Not the team I thought it would be. RCR and the 31. 6 race suspension for the CC. 75 points for owner and driver, plus some other things.

Larson is out of the hospital and waits for final clearance from doctor. Didn't see anything about what caused his problems.

BroncosFanInPA
03-31-2015, 05:12 PM
Tire penalties. Not the team I thought it would be. RCR and the 31. 6 race suspension for the CC. 75 points for owner and driver, plus some other things.

shame shame shame! :nono:

that is gonna leave a mark...newman is now back in tony's area in points :laugh:

AZ Snake Fan
04-04-2015, 11:57 PM

Larson is out of the hospital and waits for final clearance from doctor. Didn't see anything about what caused his problems.

Kyle keeled over and fainted while he was signing autographs at Martinsville. They medivacked him to Charlotte on a chopper and did a full gamut of tests on him for days. Larson thinks the cause was dehydration and he is cleared to go at Texas. The old Kyle, not sure about his status but a with a broken leg it must be a real pain for him to have to watch racing on TV.

I almost fainted, once, in a black tux at a wedding by a sunny window, mid summer in Colorado.
:rolleyes: Light headed and wobbly but I didn't go down lol. :D

Jaws
04-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Thrice-fainted here AZ. Twice in Biology lab when we were dissecting and once in my Aunt's house when she was late serving lunch lol!

AZ Snake Fan
04-08-2015, 08:05 PM

Thrice-fainted here AZ. Twice in Biology lab when we were dissecting and once in my Aunt's house when she was late serving lunch lol!

You probably got a strong whiff of formaldehyde, 3 times is enough.

TEXAS is up next !
That's a BIG place !!
:D !!!

Jaws
04-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Thanks to Youtube Nascar Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuN9hYw2RpoAW8rZ3VK3isA) I can get my weekly Nascar fix. Better than nothing!

It's a shame that Nascar is not catering to the U.K fans this year. This post puts it well and pretty much is the position I'm in and can't afford to shell out another £12 a month purely for one sport:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=77012525&postcount=126

Peanut
04-08-2015, 11:42 PM
Thanks to Youtube Nascar Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuN9hYw2RpoAW8rZ3VK3isA) I can get my weekly Nascar fix. Better than nothing!

It's a shame that Nascar is not catering to the U.K fans this year. This post puts it well and pretty much is the position I'm in and can't afford to shell out another £12 a month purely for one sport:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=77012525&postcount=126

They've changed networks over here. I was surprised to see some of the Cup races on FS1 (Fox Sports 1). It used to be SPEED Channel. I don't consider it a premium channel. Maybe that's why you all are having trouble? Really a shame.

BroncosFanInPA
04-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Great read..a bit long, so much that i left some parts out but man what a shame they don't race there anymore.

I wasn't a fan back then so i never saw a race at that track but it seems like it was awesome & what we need more of today...it's too bad what has become of it & that it was neglected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/12647648/twenty-years-seems-life-ago-nascar

Twenty years now,
Where'd they go?
Twenty years now,
I don't know.
Sit and I wonder sometimes, Where they've gone...

Bob Seger wrote those words, the quietest, most stirring section of his classic song "Like A Rock."

If you were a NASCAR fan 20 years ago, then you know every single word of that song by heart. Why? Because the tune was played during nearly every commercial break of every race telecast of the 1995 Cup Series season, the height of its run as the anthem for Chevy Trucks.

Jeff Gordon was still "Boy Wonder" when he arrived at North Wilkesboro in April 1995. By the end of the year, he'd have a new name: Winston Cup Series champion. The Sharpe Image/Smyle Media
It was the NASCAR Winston Cup Series then. A still-East Coast world ruled by black race cars, dominated by Dale versus Rusty, and televised via an alphabet soup of cable channels, from ESPN to TBS to TNN. Yes, TNN, as in The Nashville Network, home of Crook & Chase. (You kids out there, you can Google it.)

If, just for kicks, we took the upcoming race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway and ran it through Seger's 20-year time machine, where would we end up? We'd go back through the cellphones -- Sprint and Nextel both -- and back to the cigarettes. We'd land in a place and at a race that might very well be the perfect time capsule for a bygone era that, by the count of calendar pages, isn't even all that bygone.

Looking back, that weekend was dang near the Continental Divide between the sport we knew then and the NASCAR we know today.

The standard definition square TV screen flickers through the horizontal hold and we see Bob Jenkins, with his blue blazer and white ESPN mike flag. "Hi, and welcome to North Wilkesboro and the First Union 400 NASCAR Winston Cup race ..."

That's right. On April 9, 1995, we were racing at the North Wilkesboro Speedway, the 5/8-mile bullring where moonshiners used to gather, plowing their way around a dirt oval to see who had the fastest liquor hauler. Then they drove off the track and into the surrounding hills and went back to doing exactly that: hauling liquor.

On April 9, 1995, North Wilkesboro was still owned by the family of Enoch Staley, but it was struggling. They were being applauded for finally ridding the track of its single pit road, the one that forced teams to share and swap out pit stalls in the middle of races (!), and going with one long concrete pit road.

But truthfully -- and this hurts -- the place was a dump. For years, local officials had looked the other way when it came to building codes and broken bathrooms to keep NASCAR coming. Just as it had when it held the season finale of the first Strictly Stock schedule, the race in which Red Byron was declared the first Cup Series champion.

On April 9, 1995, there were 36 cars in the field. No, that wasn't a short field. It was standard operating procedure for short track races - all eight of them -- to host just 36 cars. Not that there weren't enough for a modern day 43-car grid. In fact, nine cars failed to qualify, including Jeremy Mayfield driving for Cale Yarborough, Jeff Purvis driving for Junior Johnson, and would-be rookie of the year candidate Steve Kinser, driving for NHRA legend Kenny Bernstein.

They weren't fast enough, so they didn't make the race. Interesting concept, right?

1995 First Union 400 Results
lastname Dale Earnhardt Sr. won the First Union 400 on April 9, 1995, at North Wilkesboro Speedway, leading 227 of 400 laps and earning $77,400 for the day. Results
Jeff Gordon was plenty fast enough, just as he'd been all season. The 22-year-old was starting on the pole for the fourth time in seven races. He'd come into 1995 with just two career Cup wins, but had now won in three of the first six weekends of this, just his third full season. (The other winners? Sterling Marlin at Daytona and Darlington, and Terry Labonte at Richmond.)

Just one week earlier, the most common knock on Gordon was, "He can't win on short tracks." Then he led 205 of 500 laps to beat Rusty Wallace at Bristol, the first of his eventual 16 career short-track wins.

On April 9, 1995, Gordon shared the front row with Brett Bodine. Today, Gordon and Bodine still hook up at the front of the grid from time to time -- Gordon still in a race car, following Bodine, who now drives the pace car.

Just behind them in Row 2 were Derrike Cope, driving for Bobby Allison, and Bobby Hamilton, still settling into his role as the new driver of Richard Petty's STP Pontiac Grand Prix (one of five in the field) which had been vacated by The King less than two and a half years earlier.

Starting inside Row 3 was Dale Earnhardt. The defending Winston Cup champion came into the day as the series points leader, but he was cranky. (Though not too cranky to grab a Sharpie and spontaneously autograph Dr. Jerry Punch's ESPN firesuit during the prerace show, as a Barney Fife impersonator looked on. Seriously.) Earnhardt was still winless, and the kid whom he'd christened "Wonder Boy" was visiting Victory Lane every other weekend.

The Intimidator was also concerned about the new pit road situation at North Wilkesboro. You see, in those days, one of the perks of being the reigning champ was that you always got first dibs on the first pit stall. That rule had been a huge factor in his tying Petty with seven Cup championships. "But today," his crew chief Andy Petree admitted that day, "it might not be an advantage."

Yes, kids, that's the same Andy Petree you watch on TV now.

Under clear-blue skies, the 400-lap race took a crisp 2 hours and 26 minutes to complete, with only three cautions. There were no Lucky Dogs or wavearounds, so only five cars finished on the lead lap. There were no late cautions or double-file restarts. No green-white-checkers. Just checkers, which were shown to Earnhardt, who led 227 laps and ran nearly the final 90 on one set of tires, outpacing Gordon by nearly 14 seconds.

"We finally won one!" he exclaimed in Victory Lane. "It's amazing. We finally beat Wonder Boy. I'm just kidding. He's just another driver. A good one, though."

On April 9, 1995, the top five was rounded out by Mark Martin, Wallace and Steve Grissom. Martin and Wallace, both Ford drivers, immediately decried Chevy's 7-for-7 winning streak and demanded that NASCAR slash spoilers and alter body shapes the following weekend. Such demands were standard operating procedure at the time.

All of those second-through-fifth finishers are retired now, including Grissom, who at the time was considered to be a co-usher into NASCAR's next era along with Gordon. Jeff Burton, the reigning Raybestos Rookie the Year, finished 26th. Ricky Craven, on his way to 1995 rookie of the year honors, landed in 33rd.

In fact, of the 36 drivers in the field on April 9, 1995, only one is still racing full time in the Cup Series. That would be Gordon, who this weekend will resume his farewell tour. Seven months after his runner-up Wilkesboro finish, he clinched his first Cup title. It was also the first for his boss, team owner Rick Hendrick.

There are some from that day still racing. Cope is still hanging onto the bottom rung of the XFinity Series. Morgan Shepherd, who finished 19th, still shows up from time to time, as do Bobby Labonte (15th), Joe Nemechek (20th), Michael Waltrip (22nd) and Mike Wallace (36th). Ken Schrader (12th) is always playing in the dirt somewhere. But all the others are either retired, broke, obscure, enjoying their lives as living legends, or, in the case of Earnhardt and Dick Trickle (32nd), no longer with us.

Twenty years later, only the echoes remain at North Wilkesboro Speedway. Courtesy Seph Lawless
The North Wilkesboro Speedway sits abandoned. The following year would be its 92nd, 93rd and final Winston Cup events, the last won by Gordon, of course. That same year, the Staley family sold the oval to Bruton Smith and Bob Bahre, who took the race dates and moved them to other tracks they owned. The early April date was taken by Smith and moved to his sparkling new show palace north of Fort Worth, the Texas Motor Speedway. It's been there ever since.

Back then, it was a radical idea to think about a new speedway opening or running a Winston Cup race west of the Mississippi. In 2015, the sport has a just-completed West Coast swing. Texas marks the fourth of the first seven races to be held outside the Eastern time zone.

North Wilkesboro reopened briefly in 2011, but has since been re-shuttered. If you walk the grounds around the padlocked and rusted Junior Johnson grandstand, there are still the remnants of faded First Union logos, and even an old green ATM booth. That bank is also gone, vanished via mergers and acquisitions and absorbed by the massiveness that is Wells Fargo.

Was NASCAR better on that day, April 9, 1995? Not really. Our minds have a way of painting experiences with more fondness the smaller they grow in the rearview mirror. Was NASCAR more rugged and quaint on that day? Yes. However, like the North Wilkesboro Speedway and The Nashville Network, rugged and quaint can only get you so far.

We can choose to look back on that day with tears of joy, tears of melancholy, or no tears at all. We can see lessons in the road since, or just be glad we were here to travel that road.

Regardless, we can't think of it without hearing that quiet, aching lyric ringing in our ears.

Jaws
04-11-2015, 12:19 AM
They've changed networks over here. I was surprised to see some of the Cup races on FS1 (Fox Sports 1). It used to be SPEED Channel. I don't consider it a premium channel. Maybe that's why you all are having trouble? Really a shame.
That's probably what is is. Hopefully they sort something out in future as they are losing a chance to make Nascar more popular over here.

BroncosFanInPA
04-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Let me introduce everyone to tony's crew chief...:laugh:

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/huh-what-did-you-say-get-outta-here-what-do-you-think-i-m-stupid-or-bozo-the-clown.png

Keep up the great work son! :laugh:

Peanut
04-18-2015, 12:49 PM
I love the support Steve is getting. Too many of us has been touched by cancer.

Fans, NASCAR to honor Steve Brynes at Bristol: Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race from Bristol Motor Speedway -- the Food City 500 In Support Of Steve Byrnes And Stand Up To Cancer -- is including race teams, NASCAR officials and race fans in a heartfelt gesture to support one of the sport's most popular broadcasters and all of those battling cancer. As race fans enter Bristol Motor Speedway Sunday morning, they have the opportunity to receive a Stand Up To Cancer placard, writing in the name of someone they are supporting in their battle against the deadly disease. Race team crews and NASCAR officials have placards specifically honoring Byrnes. There are two opportunities to display the placards during the race airing live on FOX on Sunday, April 19 -- during parade laps, when crews are asked to stand atop the pit wall with their salutes, and again on lap 250 of the 500-lap race, when fans are asked to Stand Up To Cancer with their placards. In addition, NASCAR is offering race teams the option to carry a special car decal with Byrnes' initials, honoring him with placement on the B-post or C-post of any Sprint Cup, SFINITY, or K&N Series entry. Byrnes' brother, Dan Byrnes, and his family (wife Tammy; Steve's nephews Tyler and Dylan; and niece Samantha) are attending Sunday's race on behalf of Steve Byrnes and his family. Byrnes has been battling courageously against head and neck cancer. He is the co-host of NASCAR Race Hub and the play-by-play announcer for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.(Fox Sports)(4-18-2015)

Peanut
04-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Wow. Erik Jones, my guy from the Truck Series, is making his first start in Cup. At Bristol. :eek:

I hope Hamlin is okay.

AZ Snake Fan
04-19-2015, 09:58 PM

Wow. Erik Jones, my guy from the Truck Series, is making his first start in Cup. At Bristol. :eek:

I hope Hamlin is okay.

I saw Hamlin up with Coach Gibbs today. Denny was giving advice to Eric on the radio.
Glad they got it all in today. Track crew did a good job.
Typical Bristol race, lots of trading paint, a busy garage and tempers flaring.

By the way, was that the 14 car that crossed the checker 6th ?
SIXTH PLACE ??? :eek:

Richmond up next, that'll be fun !!! :D

BroncosFanInPA
04-20-2015, 06:08 PM

I saw Hamlin up with Coach Gibbs today. Denny was giving advice to Eric on the radio.
Glad they got it all in today. Track crew did a good job.
Typical Bristol race, lots of trading paint, a busy garage and tempers flaring.

By the way, was that the 14 car that crossed the checker 6th ?
SIXTH PLACE ??? :eek:

Richmond up next, that'll be fun !!! :D

It was a good finish that was needed badly, however i am keeping things in perspective on this race & not getting excited yet & i say that because...

Well even though tony finished 6th, let's be honest about it & i know i shouldn't look at it this way but..alot of cars had trouble (lots of good cars) & tony stayed out of trouble & survived which is at least half the battle at bristol & that enabled the good finish.

i will say he was at least competitive & consistent enough to stay on the lead lap & run in the top 15 most of the night & i would say without all the wrecks, he probably would have finished around 12th - 15th which is a step in the right direction.

Now the race itself was good & had tons of action but one thing i didn't like was how the slower cars were told to stay high on the track when the leaders came up to them...that was the fast line & the leaders had a hard time getting by on the bottom, but i guess that kept the field tighter which is good.

Ok so now how about Danica? another good race with a 9th & she now sits 13th in points. She has really picked up her performance & i seriously think she may get into the chase the way she is running...keep up the good work :clap:

Peanut
04-21-2015, 03:02 PM
roush, I moved your post to a new thread. I hope you don't mind. I thought Steve deserved his own thread, even if it's just a few NASCAR fans that respond to it.

roushmartin6
04-22-2015, 12:34 AM
roush, I moved your post to a new thread. I hope you don't mind. I thought Steve deserved his own thread, even if it's just a few NASCAR fans that respond to it.

No problem, I feel the same way. Nascar lost a great man today :(

Southstander
04-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Figured I would pop in here. I have not had much time to follow the seasons like I have wanted to . I am hoping Jeff Gordon will win atleast one more race before his career comes to a close.

AZ Snake Fan
04-23-2015, 03:52 PM

Good to see you Southie !!! :D

I hope Hamlin is okay.

Denny Hamlin returns to action at home track in Richmond

http://www.nbcsports.com/denny-hamlin-returns-action-home-track-richmond

Guess Denny is ok.
He is going to run in the Xfinity, his charity race in Boston and later that night, Richmond.
Busy weekend for Hamlin !

Southstander
04-23-2015, 05:06 PM
The fact that NASCAR Chairman Brian France says It possible to give Kyle Busch a waiver into chase is a joke.

BroncosFanInPA
04-25-2015, 10:10 AM
The fact that NASCAR Chairman Brian France says It possible to give Kyle Busch a waiver into chase is a joke.

Unless they are waiving the requirement of being in the top 30 in points, it will never happen...he will have no chance to make the top 30 on points.

Right now 30th has 136 points which is an average of 17 per race...that would equal out to 442 after 26 races, kyle will be out at least another month or more leaving him no more than about 10-14 races before the cutoff.

I see no way that he could score that amount of points in so short of a span...heck harvick has been lighting it up every week & only has 314 points after 8 races, so i don't see it happening.

AZ Snake Fan
04-25-2015, 07:25 PM

All Kyle, or any other driver has to do is win one and he is in.
It doesn't matter where a driver is in points if he has a win, does it ?
Hard to come back fast with a leg injury but I'm sure Kyle is beginning re-hab already.
If anyone can pull off a win in "10-14" races, Kyle can.

BTW, Mr. France never said that they would give Kyle an automatic spot.
He just said that the commission was looking at the situation.
NASCAR feels bad about it because there were no safer barriers in place where Kyle crashed.
In France's own words; "This is on us."

Glad that tomorrow is Sunday and not Monday ! ;)

BroncosFanInPA
04-25-2015, 07:38 PM

All Kyle, or any other driver has to do is win one and he is in.
It doesn't matter where a driver is in points if he has a win, does it ?
Hard to come back fast with a leg injury but I'm sure Kyle is beginning re-hab already.
If anyone can pull off a win in "10-14" races, Kyle can.

BTW, Mr. France never said that they would give Kyle an automatic spot.
He just said that the commission was looking at the situation.
NASCAR feels bad about it because there were no safer barriers in place where Kyle crashed.
In France's own words; "This is on us."

Glad that tomorrow is Sunday and not Monday ! ;)

No AZ, they must also be inside the top 30 in points to be eligible unless they changed that rule which i'm not aware if they did.

That is why i said there really is not much chance unless they are waiving that requirement of top 30 in points.

They may very well be throwing that part out the window, in which case i could certainly see kyle winning & getting in.

BroncosFanInPA
04-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Well i think this may unofficially be rock bottom, when dale jr. is not happy with you.. because jr. does not complain about other drivers hardly ever & he was not pleased with tony.

I know i'm a broken record here anymore & you guys are probably all sick of it by now but i'm sorry...i think tony needs to hang it up before he tarnishes his image any further, this is hard to stomach anymore. :sick: :( :ugh:

AZ Snake Fan
04-26-2015, 08:41 PM

No AZ, they must also be inside the top 30 in points to be eligible unless they changed that rule which i'm not aware if they did.

That is why i said there really is not much chance unless they are waiving that requirement of top 30 in points.

They may very well be throwing that part out the window, in which case i could certainly see kyle winning & getting in.

I didn't know about being in the top 30, thanks PA.
Good news; the rumor going around is we might see Kyle back as soon as Talladega.

Well i think this may unofficially be rock bottom, when dale jr. is not happy with you.. because jr. does not complain about other drivers hardly ever & he was not pleased with tony.

I know i'm a broken record here anymore & you guys are probably all sick of it by now but i'm sorry...i think tony needs to hang it up before he tarnishes his image any further, this is hard to stomach anymore. :sick: :( :ugh:

I saw Tony throw his helmet and rip off his jacket in the garage. Did you see that ?
When Tony was throwing around stuff, I didn't know exactly what he was mad about.
Turns out Tony completely blamed Jr. for the wreck.
http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/4/26/8500825/2015-nascar-richmond-tony-stewart-dale-earnhardt-jr-accident
When asked about Tony's claims, Jr said to the reporter "You'll have to ask him (Tony)".

Q4t68fRkpbs

Sad 'cause Jr and Tony used to be tight.
Martinsville, Bristol and Richmond scheduled so close together takes it's toll.
Maybe they will have a chance to have a beer together.
Hopefully we'll see Jr and Tony working together at Talladega like the old days.

BroncosFanInPA
04-28-2015, 05:27 PM
I saw Tony throw his helmet and rip off his jacket in the garage. Did you see that ?
When Tony was throwing around stuff, I didn't know exactly what he was mad about.
Turns out Tony completely blamed Jr. for the wreck.
http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/4/26/8500825/2015-nascar-richmond-tony-stewart-dale-earnhardt-jr-accident
When asked about Tony's claims, Jr said to the reporter "You'll have to ask him (Tony)".

Here's the thing, Tony is wrong & Jr did nothing wrong & if tony thinks otherwise then he is delusional & just mad.

The other thing about tony & i would say even his own fans are getting tired of...his childish behaviour & bad attitude. throwing things around like a baby, not speaking to the media :speech: at all when things go wrong...

like a spoiled little baby pouting in the corner :rolleyes:

The fans of smoke & the #14 team deserve to get something out of his mouth & perhaps a dam apology & take blame for something that was his fault, but instead he runs away to hide.

I'm not so much one to say anything because after the spin & then not getting going again, i threw an empty beer can off the wall :beer: :mad:

but hey i'm sitting at my own home watching tv, i'm not a professional driver being watched by millions of fans & acting immature.

Ok i think i'm done with this rant now ha ha!! :thumb:

AZ Snake Fan
04-28-2015, 08:38 PM

Talladega !!!

Peanut
04-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Rant away, PA!

Erik Jones to drive the #18 JGR car starting at Kansas. This time he'll be a starter and will actually be able to prepare. I'm really curious about how he's going to do. He's great in trucks. He's doing okay in X. It's such a big jump. Not bad for an 18 year old. :D

Note: This is my day. I started this about an hour ago. I'm looking around and it's like, where's my post? I got interrupted, minimized the page and forgot it was there.

I think I'm losing it.

BroncosFanInPA
04-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Rant away, PA!

Erik Jones to drive the #18 JGR car starting at Kansas. This time he'll be a starter and will actually be able to prepare. I'm really curious about how he's going to do. He's great in trucks. He's doing okay in X. It's such a big jump. Not bad for an 18 year old. :D

Note: This is my day. I started this about an hour ago. I'm looking around and it's like, where's my post? I got interrupted, minimized the page and forgot it was there.

I think I'm losing it.

HA Ha! Good stuff :laugh:

How bout we go with something like you were excited for the draft & that's what happened. :thumb:

It will be interesting to see how erik jones does, he had a heck of a race a few weeks back at texas in xfinity when he beat brad & jr.

ELWAY421
05-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Follow the leader, lol. Go JR!!!!

ELWAY421
05-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Yes!!!!!

10Char

BroncosFanInPA
05-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Absolutely disgusting watching those final 20-25 laps! :mad:

Riding around in a stupid single file...never in a million years would i have ever thought that's how a dega race would go down in the end.

NOBODY BUT TONY would even attempt to make a move. what a bunch of idiots!!!:rolleyes:

ELWAY421
05-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Absolutely disgusting watching those final 20-25 laps! :mad:

Riding around in a stupid single file...never in a million years would i have ever thought that's how a dega race would go down in the end.

NOBODY BUT TONY would even attempt to make a move. what a bunch of idiots!!!:rolleyes:

Worked out well with me. Although, Tony should have been the one pushing JR to the win, he owed that much, lol.

I joke.

Southstander
05-03-2015, 10:19 PM
I saw that GoDaddy.com is dropping Danica Patrick as primary sponsor. To be honey I am not suprised. When you are and aging pretty face with above average skills and zero wins sponsors will drop you.

ELWAY421
05-04-2015, 07:05 AM
I saw that GoDaddy.com is dropping Danica Patrick as primary sponsor. To be honey I am not suprised. When you are and aging pretty face with above average skills and zero wins sponsors will drop you.

She's having her best season. I thought she drove well at Talladega especially since she only had fourth gear.

AZ Snake Fan
05-08-2015, 08:54 PM

Rant away, PA!

I think I'm losing it.

Ran out of fuel at the end but the kid dominated the trucks. Put the moves on the old guys !
Erik was real fast in Cup practice today, fastest lap in final practice and made P12 in the quals.
Like you said Peanut, "Not bad for an 18 year old. :D"
Very impressive.
The young man is intelligent, polite, well mannered and very mature for 18.
I wish him the best when he tangles with the top Sprint Cup drivers in the SpongeBob SquarePants 400.
~~~
Over the course of the past few weeks, I keep hearing rumors about Kyle's return.
A lot of them have been generated by DW (I don't trust him much lol).
First, at Bristol DW said Kyle might be back for Dega, now he's saying maybe next week.
Another source says Daytona, maybe Charlotte.
Kyle has been denying all reports and says when it's official, his return will be announced by JGR.
It would be nice to see Old Kyle back in the saddle soon.
~~~
btw, Young Kyle made P10 at Kansas ;)

BroncosFanInPA
05-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Let me introduce everyone to tony's crew chief...:laugh:

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/huh-what-did-you-say-get-outta-here-what-do-you-think-i-m-stupid-or-bozo-the-clown.png

Keep up the great work son!

Yeah this guy strikes again..this has almost become comical :laugh:

let's revisit...before the rain hits there was 15 or 16 cars on the lead lap, tony was 17th...24 cars take the wave around, 24 but not the 14 car & thus you go from 17th to 33rd & that leads to you being put in the wall...so there you have it. :laugh:

But hell if tony don't care about this clown then i guess i shouldn't either :thumb:

Peanut
05-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Yeah this guy strikes again..this has almost become comical :laugh:

let's revisit...before the rain hits there was 15 or 16 cars on the lead lap, tony was 17th...24 cars take the wave around, 24 but not the 14 car & thus you go from 17th to 33rd & that leads to you being put in the wall...so there you have it. :laugh:

But hell if tony don't care about this clown then i guess i shouldn't either :thumb:

Do I sense sarcasm?

Darn. I wanted Truex to win. Doesn't pay to dominate a race, it seems. Same with the Truck race.

Erik Jones did good tonight. Until he hit the wall. :D I seem to pick drivers that like to hit walls. Suarez (?) is a good one, too.

Southstander
05-09-2015, 10:12 PM
I am glad my boy Jimmie Johnson won!

AZ Snake Fan
05-10-2015, 11:34 AM

I was pulling for Truex too.
Hope he gets the fan vote for the all-star festivities.

Erik did real good up until lap 70. :eek:
JJ showed him some side air and that was it.

Young Kyle had a good run too !

Actually by Tony staying out he got the lucky dog and back on the lead lap.
He just got hit in the rear while he checked up for Erick's crash in the wall.

Can't believe all those guys made it on fuel, it was tight.
If a green/white checker came out it would be a whole different outcome.

Oh well, on to CHARLOTTE !!! :D

BroncosFanInPA
05-10-2015, 06:24 PM

I was pulling for Truex too.
Hope he gets the fan vote for the all-star festivities.

Erik did real good up until lap 70. :eek:
JJ showed him some side air and that was it.

Young Kyle had a good run too !

Actually by Tony staying out he got the lucky dog and back on the lead lap.
He just got hit in the rear while he checked up for Erick's crash in the wall.

Can't believe all those guys made it on fuel, it was tight.
If a green/white checker came out it would be a whole different outcome.

Oh well, on to CHARLOTTE !!! :D

I don't know AZ, it just didn't make any sense at all to me to not take the wave around like nearly every other car 1 lap down did but maybe i'm missing something so let's examine...

Lap 94 caution comes out for jeb burton spin, at this time tony was 17th & i believe 1 of 19 cars just 1 lap down...all cars had completed green flag stops between laps 70-75 so they had anywhere from 20-25 laps on tires & fuel.

By not taking the wave around with the rest of the field, stewart falls from 17th to 33rd still 1 lap down while 16 cars jumped back to the lead lap & leapfrogged the 14 car...yes he got the lucky dog on the next caution but he had already given up 16 positions because all those wave arounds were in front of him.

This is what caused him to get hit from behind on the caution at lap 130 because he was at the back of the field instead of midpack where he should have been & that is what makes it such a stupid move i think, i guess my point is that if he takes the wave around like everyone else did, then he never gets hit because he is not that far back.

Unless you or anybody else has a different theory on why they would make that call or could help me understand how letting 16 cars jump in front of you was a good thing :confused:

AZ Snake Fan
05-10-2015, 10:05 PM

Well, since you put it that way, you're right again PA !
Bad call for sure. You watch Tony a lot closer than the rest of us lol !!
Maybe something to do with all the meds Gibson is on ?
Those kidney stones are mighty painful I hear.
He's been dealing with that for 2 months.

On to Charlotte !!!

BroncosFanInPA
05-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Kyle Bush is coming back..

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/5/12/kyle-busch-returns-sprint-all-star-race-accident-injury-daytona-charlotte.html

Let there be no doubt that Kyle Busch is ready to be back.

Asked what he missed most in the three months he's been recovering from injury, he didn't hesitate.

"The biggest thing I missed is being able to hold up trophies and being in Victory Lane,'' Busch said Tuesday in a conference call with the national racing media to announce his return to the seat of the No. 18 Toyota Camry in Saturday's Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway (9 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 1, MRN, SiriusXM).
Busch received medical clearance from his doctors and NASCAR on Monday. He has yet to make a start this season after suffering a compound fracture in his right leg and a broken left foot in the Feb. 21 season-opening XFINITY Series race at Daytona International Speedway.

The shorter All-Star race and its segment-and-break format was enticing for the return, Busch said.

"I think it's a great race to come back to, it's shorter and it's a non-points event and there's mandatory cautions after every 25 laps so it gives you an opportunity to take a breather, take a rest and that will all help me make adjustments to myself as well as being behind the wheel of the 2015 Camry for the first time because I haven't had the opportunity to race at all in this aero package," Busch said.

" … For me, getting into the All‑Star Race I felt like was a good idea just based of the fact of being able to get in, get behind the wheel, being able to go 200 miles an hour again, get a small taste of it, make sure everything is good, the body is good, everything is fine, which I anticipate it to be.

"If there's things I need to work on, maybe I can work on during the week to get myself a little bit more prepared for the 600 coming up to the longest one. I definitely would have said coming back for the 600 is going to be really, really tough. That's why I feel like the All‑Star Race is the perfect advantage to be able to come back. "

While NASCAR has given Busch the green flag to compete, it has not ruled yet on whether Busch would receive a medical exemption to challenge for the championship should he otherwise qualify for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.

The rules state a driver must at least attempt to qualify for all 26 regular-season races to be eligible to earn a berth. A driver earns a Chase berth by winning a race and being ranked among the top 30 in the points standings, with the remaining slots filled by the highest-ranking driver in the Sprint Cup standings.

There are 15 races remaining for Busch to score a victory and gather enough points to break into the top 30. The maximum number of points a driver can earn each weekend is 48 -- and that includes winning a race and leading the most laps.

The current 30th-place driver is Tony Stewart, who has 179 points through the first 11 races.

"I know there's been some good dialogue on the subject but I'm not aware that there's a decision made at this point,'' Busch said. "As I mentioned last month, I'd love to race for a win and a spot in the Chase. I believe the top-30 rule makes a lot of sense.

"For me, in my mind, it was intended for someone in my situation, for someone who has a car and team and sponsor set to run the entire year for a championship. I think it was set up to try and keep guys from just trying to grab a win at a road course or restrictor-plate track or something like that.

"We'll see what happens. That's in (NASCAR's) hands and we'll see what the decision is."

Should Busch receive a medical exemption, he has reason to be optimistic about his playoff chances. He has wins on 10 of the 13 tracks left to set the Chase field, including both road courses, Sonoma Raceway (one) and Watkins Glen International (two).

In fact, 19 of Busch's 29 career Sprint Cup wins have come on the 13 remaining regular-season venues. He has four wins alone at Richmond, which hosts the regular season finale, and five at Bristol.

Busch has shared the recovery process with his fans on social media during the past three months, showing the evolution from hospital bed to wheelchair to standing alone. And in the last two weeks Busch finally got behind the steering wheel again, testing a late model at a North Carolina short track.

"Well, it was shaking the rust off for me, but also just proving that I can handle brake pressures, clutch, all that stuff with the foot, making sure the leg wouldn't tense up or spasm or anything in the race car being locked in sort of a particular angle,'' Busch explained. "The test went really well. It worked good to simulate as much of the racing situations as we could. I ran over 300 laps in the first lap down in Greenville‑Pickens (S.C.). The brake pressure I felt was probably comparable most to Dover, Charlotte being lighter than what Dover would be."

He and team owner Joe Gibbs have maintained from the very beginning that there was no rush on the recovery -- that everyone has been committed to a cautious and safe healing taking precedence.

And Busch joked even after getting medical clearance from the doctor, team and NASCAR, "I don't know that I convinced my wife 100 percent yet. It's a process."

On the practical side, however, Busch said even his doctors were impressed with the speed and thoroughness of his recovery.

"I think as far as physical shape and working out, I've been doing therapy three, sometimes four and five days a week, so I feel like I'm well ready to go and the cardio aspect is there and the physical aspect is all well there,'' Busch said.

He likened the pedal pressure he felt testing the car to being about the same pressure he has felt doing leg presses in physical therapy.

"There's probably some soreness there, but I wouldn't call it pain," Busch said. "In my mind, if I had to say the thing that concerns me the most and it would only be on a 2-factor out of a scale of 1-10 is the amount of walking I have to do between the hauler and the car and pit road for qualifying, but (qualifying) won't be an issue this week for the All-Star Race. … Being in the car I felt really good in the late model tests.

"My feet and legs, everything works good inside the race car. It's just the amount of time standing on my feet, they tend to get tired a little more quicker than they used to.''

Good for Kyle getting back, bet Peanut will be happy...but i had to laugh at the mere fact that tony's name is mentioned as being 30th place in points, where kyle would need to get...so funny yet so sad :sad:

Peanut
05-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Kyle Bush is coming back..

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/5/12/kyle-busch-returns-sprint-all-star-race-accident-injury-daytona-charlotte.html

Good for Kyle getting back, bet Peanut will be happy...but i had to laugh at the mere fact that tony's name is mentioned as being 30th place in points, where kyle would need to get...so funny yet so sad :sad:

I am happy. It'll be good to see him back on the track.

We're not going to the Spring Truck race like we usually do. I'll miss seeing the ladies from NY, but we want to take our oldest daughter to see Gordon's last race at Dover in October (her favorite driver). Wish we had the extra money to do the all-access passes to pit road (watch the race from there). We could legally stalk Gordon (with a side-track of 2 Kyles). :D

AZ Snake Fan
05-15-2015, 05:09 PM

Kyle had the fastest lap in final practice for the All-Star Race !
Not bad after coming back from two broken legs.

Showdown results: Biffle advances from round one; Clint Bowyer took round two.
Fan vote: Danica Patrick.
These three go on to the All-Star Race tomorrow night.

(Danica looks a lot better in that Mobil 1 paint than Tony does lol) :D

BroncosFanInPA
05-15-2015, 05:54 PM

Kyle had the fastest lap in final practice for the All-Star Race !
Not bad after coming back from two broken legs.

Showdown results: Biffle advances from round one; Clint Bowyer took round two.
Fan vote: Danica Patrick.
These three go on to the All-Star Race tomorrow night.

(Danica looks a lot better in that Mobil 1 paint than Tony does lol) :D

She looks better than him both on & off the track ha ha! :laugh:

That was some great 3 wide racing in that second segment between truex, larson & bowyer even if it was just for a couple laps, it was exciting!

Only problem is i knew once bowyer got the lead that it was over because he had 4 vs 2 tires...would have been nice if that battle was on the last 2 laps & not the first 2

Peanut
05-15-2015, 09:18 PM
How did you all like the truck race? Dumb caution. At least, it wasn't for debris. Unless you consider the truck itself debris. :D

E. Jones does not like to lose. Last week bothers me more, though. I really dislike fuel racing.

Oh, and IMO, Tony looks better. :D

BroncosFanInPA
05-16-2015, 07:35 AM
How did you all like the truck race? Dumb caution. At least, it wasn't for debris. Unless you consider the truck itself debris. :D

E. Jones does not like to lose. Last week bothers me more, though. I really dislike fuel racing.

Ok i can see why you would say that even if tony has packed the weight back on ha ha! :D

I didn't see the whole race as we were watching a movie on chiller channel, anyway...

I did happen to catch the end & that was one hell of a finish yet at the same time it's too bad the kid didn't win after he passed kahne & was pulling away & the caution comes out.

Jones seems like the real deal & one heck of a talent & yet so young, just 18 years old...i think he could be the next big superstar in nascar.

Peanut
05-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Ok i can see why you would say that even if tony has packed the weight back on ha ha! :D

I didn't see the whole race as we were watching a movie on chiller channel, anyway...

I did happen to catch the end & that was one hell of a finish yet at the same time it's too bad the kid didn't win after he passed kahne & was pulling away & the caution comes out.

Jones seems like the real deal & one heck of a talent & yet so young, just 18 years old...i think he could be the next big superstar in nascar.

Jones shows respect to the vets, but isn't intimated by them. Like Larson.

Kyle B. has an eye for talent.

Peanut
05-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Kahne's truck failed post inspection. They might get points taken away and a monetary fine. Like big deal, right? For a team and driver that doesn't run the whole season. I think they should take first place away. I know. It'll never happen.

AZ Snake Fan
05-16-2015, 08:20 PM

That's probably what is is. Hopefully they sort something out in future as they are losing a chance to make Nascar more popular over here.

So far, all the NASCAR races have been shown on Fox Sports 1 and the FOX network.
After the July 5th Coke Zero 400 at Daytona, the remainder of NASCAR's Sprint Cup series will be broadcast on NBC. The remainder of the Xfinity races start on NBC in Daytona with the Firecracker 250 on July 4th. The CWTS Trucks stay on Fox for the rest of the season this year.

Possibly you will get those races on the NBC network over there across the pond.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

~~~

How did you all like the truck race? Dumb caution. At least, it wasn't for debris. Unless you consider the truck itself debris.

jNxiivJctz8

I really feel good about the future of NASCAR with kids like Jones, Elliot and Larson coming up.
(They should take the win away from Kahne for failing inspection.)
~~~

Ok i can see why you would say that even if tony has packed the weight back on ha ha!

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/1894/RUSbuV.jpg
Tony’s pet looks better than Tony lol :D

~~~

No problem, I feel the same way. Nascar lost a great man today :(

Yo roushmartin6 ! Haven’t seen you around lately, hope all is well.
We miss your insight and input.

The pre-race grid walk with MW and Bryson Byrnes was absolutely priceless.
Bryson was carrying the All-Star $1 million cash prize money around to show all the drivers.
I hope that you all were able to see it.

Here’s a small part of it:

2ktqrZR-ioM

~~~
Denny ! Coach Gibbs gave the opening prayer.
Good fun, looking forward to next week at Charlotte.
Best wishes to Kyle and Samantha ! ;)

BroncosFanInPA
05-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Yo Az..lots of good stuff there & especially before the race with bryson, i'm sure that meant alot to that young man to be able to do that, very nice gesture :clap:

Now on to my weekly rant...for an all star race, that flat out sucked!!! absolutely no action, nobody racing all that hard. this night was supposed to be for the fans, but i just didn't see it.

Now let me discuss something else that hit me tonight & of course it's about my man smoke...i have come to realize now that he is nothing more than that old overweight guy just riding around because he has nothing else in life.

As sad as that may sound, i think it's the truth & maybe more importantly, i think it's the only thing keeping tony stewart going in life anymore.

He needs to race even if it's just riding around because he does not know anything else...what a tragic end to such a great racing career.

I am thankful for the all the great years he had, but also i'm a bit sad that this is where he is at in his career.

Thanks for the memories tony...you will always be a champion in my book :salute:

Peanut
05-16-2015, 11:10 PM
Good stuff, AZ. I missed Bryson, but we recorded it so I can go back and watch it.

PA, when I started posting here, my main driver was Skinner and hubby's was Bobby Labonte. You just described their careers (Skinner was competitive in Trucks, but a bit of a step down from Cup, you know?). Fizzle.

Gordon has the right idea. Go out on his own terms. He is taking it all in. All the lasts. All the tributes.

He's letting the fans say goodbye.

Maybe someone will have a sit-down with Tony.

FL BRONCO
05-17-2015, 02:25 PM
Good stuff, AZ. I missed Bryson, but we recorded it so I can go back and watch it.

PA, when I started posting here, my main driver was Skinner and hubby's was Bobby Labonte. You just described their careers (Skinner was competitive in Trucks, but a bit of a step down from Cup, you know?). Fizzle.

Gordon has the right idea. Go out on his own terms. He is taking it all in. All the lasts. All the tributes.

He's letting the fans say goodbye.

Maybe someone will have a sit-down with Tony.

I still can't believe Gordon is giving it up full time. I get why and I hope he enjoys the heck out of it, he has earned it. But he could still compete for more championships if he wanted to. He has been a very good driver and good for the sport and I am happy for him.

As for Tony, I don't think Tony has been the same since Zip left. I still think he has more left in the tank though.

Freyaka
05-17-2015, 10:29 PM

I've always said, Tony's likability and talent hinges on his weight. Fat Tony=Angry Tony, Skinny Tony=happy and successful Tony. He packs the weight on and he starts getting grumpy.

Peanut
05-17-2015, 11:47 PM
In my search for the Indy 500 thread, I came across another NASCAR thread from 2006. No, I'm not going to merge them. Interesting conversation. :D

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?55423-Nascar%28combined%29&highlight=nascar

AZ Snake Fan
05-21-2015, 09:48 PM

I still can't believe Gordon is giving it up full time. I get why and I hope he enjoys the heck out of it, he has earned it. But he could still compete for more championships if he wanted to. He has been a very good driver and good for the sport and I am happy for him.
As for Tony, I don't think Tony has been the same since Zip left. I still think he has more left in the tank though.

Gordon will hang around NASCAR for quite a while like Mark Martin did.

I agree FL BRONCO, Tony still "has more left in the tank".
He has been improving, making aggressive moves, made the top 12 (12th lol) in quals for Charlotte.
I am going to be ROFL when Tony wins this season and makes the chase because PA will freak out !
Everyone on his team has good cars, Tony just needs a better crew.
I think Tony knows that and will get it fixed.
Tony has always been able to come on strong in the second half of the season.

~~~

I've always said, Tony's likability and talent hinges on his weight. Fat Tony=Angry Tony, Skinny Tony=happy and successful Tony. He packs the weight on and he starts getting grumpy.

~~~ We're not supposed to use the F word anymore. PC police will come for you !

In my search for the Indy 500 thread, I came across another NASCAR thread from 2006. No, I'm not going to merge them. Interesting conversation. :D

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?55423-Nascar%28combined%29&highlight=nascar

Wow, blast from the past !
Thanks for the no-merge Peanut !!

I might dish out some 9 year old negs lol.

Motorcross is one of the most physically demanding sports.
You don't really know how much so unless you have participated.
Driving a race car is right up there; suggest some of the haters try it.
I've raced cars and motorcycles since I was a kid, and I've played football, basketball and ran track.
Regardless, anyone who doesn't consider these drivers athletes are simply uninformed.
Takes moxy, brains and brawn !!!

~~~

Here's to a great time at Charlotte !!! :beer:

Freyaka
05-22-2015, 10:31 AM

Gordon will hang around NASCAR for quite a while like Mark Martin did.

I agree FL BRONCO, Tony still "has more left in the tank".
He has been improving, making aggressive moves, made the top 12 (12th lol) in quals for Charlotte.
I am going to be ROFL when Tony wins this season and makes the chase because PA will freak out !
Everyone on his team has good cars, Tony just needs a better crew.
I think Tony knows that and will get it fixed.
Tony has always been able to come on strong in the second half of the season.

~~~

~~~ We're not supposed to use the F word anymore. PC police will come for you !

Wow, blast from the past !
Thanks for the no-merge Peanut !!

I might dish out some 9 year old negs lol.

Motorcross is one of the most physically demanding sports.
You don't really know how much so unless you have participated.
Driving a race car is right up there; suggest some of the haters try it.
I've raced cars and motorcycles since I was a kid, and I've played football, basketball and ran track.
Regardless, anyone who doesn't consider these drivers athletes are simply uninformed.
Takes moxy, brains and brawn !!!

~~~

Here's to a great time at Charlotte !!! :beer:

Fluffy Tony?

AZ Snake Fan
05-31-2015, 02:18 PM

Bad day for a lot of drivers, especially the JGR Team.
Kyle was doing exceptional up until his crash.
I'm glad he "walked" away okay and didn't injure his legs again.

~~~

Is this for real ? :

vzGN1ywJ5is

BroncosFanInPA
05-31-2015, 03:45 PM
48 wins yet again at dover for the 10th time...what a shocker! if your not a fan of that team then you have to be sick of watching this over & over.

if this isn't a wake up call to nascar to change the dam schedule up like harvick mentioned a few weeks back then they are just blind!

first thing that needs done is a bunch of these tracks with 2 dates need cut to 1 & it starts with dover & to be more specific, the chase date for dover needs to go...along with pocono, michigan, talladega, & texas just to name a few that should only get 1 race date.

next shorten the overall schedule to 30 or 32 races with the chase cutoff being set after 20 & still leaves 10 for the chase run.

put iowa on the schedule along with another road course that falls in the chase & for the love of god change the 10 chase races up & move races around & add new ones into the chase!

AZ Snake Fan
06-01-2015, 03:34 PM

And I want to bring back real stock cars with chrome bumpers !

It is what it is PA.
NASCAR = Lots of $ + Brian France. He is all about the money, period.
Bill France would've stopped this madness by now.

I thought the COT was the worst.
These new ones are just funny cars.
Wrapped up roll cages.
Too much emphasis on down force.

The only bright spot on the horizon are these amazing young kids !
Gotta face it, times they are a changing.

Peanut
06-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Not who I thought would be the first one penalized for the new rule. Good for Cobb for owning what she did. If she had more fans, someone would have started a gofundme thing to help with the cost. I admire her for hanging in there with the bigger teams.

"Cobb, who owns her truck team and runs it on a $300,000 annual budget (the top teams spend $3-4 million a year), said she has a reputation of giving respect to the lead-lap trucks and had given Reddick plenty of room to pass her. Damage on the right-rear corner of her truck shows that Reddick made contact with her, she said. "I completely forgot [the rule]," Cobb said. "And the fact that I forgot is such a shame because the reason it is in place likely stems from a tragedy that none of us should forget. ... It was a huge error in judgment on my part. "The fact that we had a very stern meeting [after the race] will keep it top of mind with me for sure." Cobb indicated she would be penalized for her reaction. "We'll see what happens," Cobb said. "There's repercussions, and I hope it didn't make a bad day worse. It wasn't that I knew and didn't care. I forgot. In the moment you're just like, 'What just happened?' ... I wasn't thinking about any of that. I was just mad."
Reddick said he didn't believe he had contact with Cobb but, as a former owner of the car he raced on dirt tracks, he can relate to the frustration a driver/owner feels in that situation. "We were lapped traffic early on in the race and Jennifer was trying to pass another vehicle and she looked like she was going to give me three-wide and then she closed the door so I whoa'd up to try and avoid from getting in the back of her," said Reddick, who drives for Brad Keselowski Racing.(ESPN)(5-30-2015)
UPDATE 2:Jennifer Jo Cobb, driver of the #10 truck, has received a penalty for her actions during the May 29 race (Sections 12-1, 12.8 b and 10.4.2.1 NASCAR rule book). Cobb has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.(NASCAR)(6-3-2015)
UPDATE 3: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Jennifer Jo Cobb won't appeal a $5,000 penalty and probation for the remainder of the season after walking onto a hot track in last Friday's Lucas Oil 200 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. "I believe NASCAR has acted in a fair and necessary manner," Cobb told CATCHFENCE.com. "The irony is that there are no consequences to turning someone head first into a wall. NASCAR is diligent about our safety and that is something I have always appreciated. I hope we can continue to see improvements in rules and policies that best benefit the entire NASCAR community. "We will not appeal and now can fully shift our focus on Friday night's race at Texas." Cobb will make her 100th career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start Friday night at Texas Motor Speedway.(Catchfence.com)(6-4-2015)"

BroncosFanInPA
06-04-2015, 05:35 PM
^^^ I didn't see it live but i saw the video of it earlier today & you have to admit it was a boneheaded move :doh: for sure & it kinda reminded me a little bit of what happened with tony & kevin ward.

I mean she was nearly in the middle of the track as the trucks were coming towards her...very dangerous situation & even though it's in the heat of the moment, these race car driver's have got to think before acting & putting themselves at risk.

To AZ: In regards to the commercial with jimmie & the girl...i saw it once before like a week or so back & thought it was beyond stupid & to be quite honest, somewhat tasteless.

I mean seriously...first off he is married (how does his wife feel about this) & so i think they could have picked somebody else to play the role, perhaps kasey kahne? secondly...who the heck wants something smelling like burnt rubber? :confused: if that's what it actually is. :rolleyes:

AZ Snake Fan
06-07-2015, 12:24 AM

Jenny Jo had to own up; it was a flagrant violation of the new safety rule but Reddick is the lucky one because she could probably kick his butt. Don't know if I'm buying that she forgot the rule but it just goes to show how much passion plays a role in motor sports.

PA, I have the youtube of the commercial on the previous page.
First thing I thought of...who wants to smell like burnt rubber lol ?
I thought the lady in the ad was his wife. :eek:

I'm ready for Pocono !!!

BroncosFanInPA
06-07-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm so glad that martin truex got the win :clap:

There has not been a more deserving team for a win than that 78 team...rock solid all year & the past 4 races flat out dominating, so congrats to them. :salute:

If tony decides to hang it up, i may start pulling for truex...he is a class act & i'm happy for him doing so well.

AZ Snake Fan
06-07-2015, 05:29 PM

The 78 team is out of Denver ! :D

I am very happy for Truex, his team, owner, Martin's family and friends.
And I'm especially happy for his girlfriend !
They've been through a lot and this has been a long time coming.

Now I'd like for Gordon to get a win and for Old Kyle to lock it in also.
Both have been running good and deserve a shot at the Chase.

Gordon for nostalgia's sake;
Kyle because of the hard fight he is trying to overcome.

Peanut
06-09-2015, 11:39 AM

The 78 team is out of Denver ! :D

I am very happy for Truex, his team, owner, Martin's family and friends.
And I'm especially happy for his girlfriend !
They've been through a lot and this has been a long time coming.

Now I'd like for Gordon to get a win and for Old Kyle to lock it in also.
Both have been running good and deserve a shot at the Chase.

Gordon for nostalgia's sake;
Kyle because of the hard fight he is trying to overcome.

I've avoided this thread because I hadn't seen the race. I watched it last night.

That was so cool. I've been pulling for the 78. They've been running so good this year. One-car team out of Denver. How can we not be happy for them? Plus all the great stories.

It was fun watching all the other teams congratulate them. Even Harvick said something nice. :laugh:

Agree about Gordon and Kyle. Kyle is 39th in points. He moved up one. He should be able to get pass a bunch of them.

When I went to find the standings, they have an article about Jeff and Gustafson. Apparently, things got a little heated. This means that they're going to win in the next couple of weeks, right?

Peanut
06-13-2015, 11:31 PM
Welcome back, Kyle. Now he needs to do that in Cup.

Poor Eric Jones. He needs to stop dominating races and just be there at the end. I'm glad they didn't stick a mic in his face. It's building character, right?

BroncosFanInPA
06-16-2015, 07:07 PM
So now nascar is going to make a change to the rules package midseason at Kentucky Speedway.

It was coming for 2016...less downforce to try to improve racing & passing (which has been bad) by reducing corner speeds but midseason? :confused:

Is this a result of the poor quality of racing on the track? or how bout 2 of the sports all time biggest stars in gordon & stewart with 7 championships between them struggling with this race package? or many of the other drivers complaining, or maybe even half empty seats?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/6/16/nascar-new-aero-package-kentucky-speedway-sprint-cup.html

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams will compete at Kentucky Speedway next month with a new aerodynamic package that creates less downforce on today's cars and could help produce more side-by-side competition.

NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer Steve O'Donnell made the confirmation Tuesday.

To help teams prepare for the change, Sprint Cup officials will hold an extended practice session, likely four hours total, on Wednesday, July 8, at the 1.5-mile track located in Sparta, Kentucky. The Quaker State 400 Presented by Advance Auto Parts is scheduled for Saturday night, July 11 (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN, SiriusXM).

"I know we've said it many times, and certainly want to reinforce it here, that we're committed to putting on the best racing on the track, and I'm certainly pleased that it's been evident from really every conversation we've had with our industry that they feel the same way,” O'Donnell said during a national teleconference.

"So following what's been really well‑documented and unprecedented communications and collaboration with our OEM partners, the race teams, drivers and Goodyear, we've made the decision to move forward with the package."

According to O’Donnell, the spoiler height will be reduced from 6 inches to 3½ inches and the splitter extension panel (radiator pan) decreased from 38 inches to 25 inches. Additionally, the splitter will have 1¾ inches less overhang than the current splitter.

Initially, a version of the rules package that included lowering the spoiler height as well as changes to the splitter and splitter extension panel was scheduled to debut next year. But with this year's lower downforce/less horsepower platform resulting in a continued increase in corner speeds and a fall-off in the amount of green-flag passes, officials stepped up their efforts to get the changes in place ahead of schedule.

The 2015 and proposed '16 changes specifically target competition on the speedways, those tracks that are more than a mile and up to two miles in length. They have little or no impact on short tracks and road courses while the series' two superspeedways, Daytona International Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway, have a separate rules package in place.

For now, the changes are only in place for Kentucky, however O’Donnell said, "any options are on the table."

However, it is too soon, he said, to speculate on possibly incorporating the package in future events, specifically this year's Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.

"I think it's still ... premature on that one in terms of we want to get through Kentucky, really analyze what we saw at that race, have some conversations with the industry and go from there," he said.

NASCAR made several modifications prior to the start of the '15 season aimed at enhancing on-track competition. Among the changes was a reduction in horsepower through the use of tapered spacers, lower rear differential gears, shorter spoilers, a smaller radiator pan (underneath the cars) and an optional driver adjustable track bar.

Through the first 15 races of this season, the number of on-track passes under green-flag conditions is still second-most in the loop data era, which started in 2005, but it has fallen off from a high last year (64,611 vs. 60,922). Lead changes aren't limited to those battles on pit road and the hurried rush of a restart, but the majority of them now occur on those occasions.

The reduction in horsepower has allowed drivers to stay on-throttle much more through the turns, and the aero changes haven't noticeably impacted the advantage the leader has enjoyed while in clean air.

Taking downforce away could result in more off-throttle time for drivers in the turns because the cars won't be as stable, and potentially lessen the aero advantage enjoyed by the leader.

Most drivers queried about the possible change last weekend at Michigan International Speedway said they approved of the timing if NASCAR chose to roll out the changes at Kentucky.

Brad Keselowski, the 2012 Sprint Cup champion, said it's a constant battle as the sanctioning body strives to provide a quality product while the teams continue to innovate.

"In that tug of war, anytime NASCAR changes something to try to make the racing better, whether that is aerodynamically or engines or some other change, we seem to have the resources ... to gain that back, whatever they might take away with a rules change," Keselowski said Sunday at MIS.

Teams have "significantly outpaced" the sanctioning body when rules changes have been implemented, particularly in the area of aerodynamics.

"We have seen the cars gain 200-300 percent in downforce the last 10 years," he said. "At some point, NASCAR is trying to get out in front of that and that is their job, to keep the racing as good as it can be. In that sense, I completely agree that you have to continuously change the rules to keep up with the teams and the iterations that we come up with to make our cars perform that aren't necessarily in the best interest of the sport. To me, it is a good sign to see them trying to do just that."

Richard "Slugger" Labbe, named on Monday to the crew chief role for the Richard Childress Racing No. 3 team and driver Austin Dillon, told SiriusXM NASCAR that the aero changes will be impacted greatly by the tires being supplied by Goodyear.

"It all comes down to what tires we put on the cars," he said. "How Goodyear reacts to it, to me, is going to be very, very important. ... A lot of it depends on how much grip is in the tire if you go with the max downforce package."

Goodyear had been prepared to test a tire to be used with the lower-downforce package at Kentucky in mid-April with the idea that the aero rules would be in place for this year's NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, a non-points event. However, NASCAR eventually decided not to use the package at that time.

Now, with the Kentucky race only a month away, Goodyear officials say there isn't enough of a window to produce the 2,200 tires needed and no data exists to determine the proper build to match with the new package.

"Back at Charlotte, we had enough lead time," Stu Grant, general manager, global race tires for the company, told NASCAR.com Sunday. "When you test in March, you can make a tire for May. But the process is so labor-intensive ... it's months in the making to do that. You can't turn the Queen Mary on a dime."

The production run for the Kentucky tires had already been completed when the subject of the aero package changes resurfaced.

"Certainly (the Kentucky tire) is not going to have the grip that they want," Grant said.

O'Donnell said the plan to incorporate the changes into the All-Star Race was scrapped due to time constraints. With the Sprint Cup Series off this weekend, and stops at Sonoma and Daytona up next, teams have three weeks before the Kentucky race.

"I think the key there is having everything fully vetted, the (simulation) work done, the communication with the industry and (having) everybody fully aligned," he said. "And candidly, at the All-Star Race, it was an aggressive plan, and we just weren't there at that time, but we are there now.

"We feel like this is the best package we can put forth as an industry for the race in Kentucky and feel confident in it."

BroncosFanInPA
06-16-2015, 07:14 PM
This has the potential & i say potential cautiously, to really alter the second half of the season.

Maybe we will have some new players to win races instead of harvick, truex, busch & johnson. but i will reserve judgement until we see how this plays out.

One thing for sure...this sure the heck can't hurt guys like gordon, stewart, biffle & bowyer.

AZ Snake Fan
06-17-2015, 02:31 PM

Poor Eric Jones. He needs to stop dominating races and just be there at the end. I'm glad they didn't stick a mic in his face. It's building character, right?

Poor kid is going to have a nervous breakdown.
He was screaming in the radio.

This has the potential & i say potential cautiously, to really alter the second half of the season.

Maybe we will have some new players to win races instead of harvick, truex, busch & johnson. but i will reserve judgement until we see how this plays out.

One thing for sure...this sure the heck can't hurt guys like gordon, stewart, biffle & bowyer.

Very interesting move by NASCAR mid-season.
I like it PA.
Drivers and owners have been saying this for some time.
Down force has [been] way out of hand.
Looking forward to see how this pans out.
We'll see. Seems that the tires will be out of sync. :eek:

roushmartin6
06-17-2015, 05:42 PM
Thought I would pop in this thread. Haven't posted much lately. Was happy to see Truex finally finish the deal and win. With summer here I've been spending more time in the pool than watching the racing that we get nowadays. I love how Nascar called the Michigan race early even though there was time to dry the track again, which is my next point, Michigan has been around forever and it still doesn't have lights?

BroncosFanInPA
06-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Thought I would pop in this thread. Haven't posted much lately. Was happy to see Tried finally finish the deal and win. With summer here I've been spending more time in the pool than watching the racing that we get nowadays. I love how Nascar called the Michigan race early even though there was time to dry the track again, which is my next point, Michigan has been around forever and it still doesn't have lights?

While i would like to see every race reach the scheduled distance, there are just times when it's simply not possible & this was one such instance...for starters this race was already started & stopped by rain like 3 or 4 times & was already 5 hours into it.

Now to the second part of this & if they could have got back out there & i will say not likely, at least not enough time to get all the laps in...the first 3 or 4 times it rained it was only briefly & only parts of the track (michigan is big) so they dried it quickly, like 40 minutes each time....

however the final time, it poured & soaked the entire track & it was around 6 pm eastern & i would think to dry it from the downpour, it would have been at the very least an 1.5 - 2 hours. so your talkin like 8 pm to go back & that is just too late, the race went long enough.

Now onto the lights part...michigan of course is 2 miles in length & that is alot of track to light & would cost a ton. Of the tracks bigger than 1.5 miles, only daytona & california have lights.

No lights for Indy, Pocono, Talladega, Watkins Glen, Sonoma or Michigan.

I just think it is most likely a cost factor, but i'm all for more night races. :thumb:

AZ Snake Fan
06-20-2015, 05:14 PM

Funny to see PA tell Roush about the lights.
I say so because Roush states that his location is Muscatine, Iowa.
The finest state of the art premier sports lighting manufacturing company is based out of Oskaloosa, Iowa and manufactures in Muscatine, Iowa.
The first choice of many MLB, NFL, NASCAR and other professional leagues here and internationally.
Many colleges, universities and high schools prefer Musco for athletic facilities.
Musco has provided lighting for some of the Olympics and a few Super Bowls.

NFL:

Gillette Stadium - Foxborough, Massachusetts
Lambeau Field - Green Bay, Wisconsin
Qwest Field - Seattle, Washington
Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, Florida
NRG Stadium - Houston, Texas (First LED Installation at an NFL stadium)
LP Field - Nashville, Tennessee
Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, North Carolina
University of Phoenix Stadium - Glendale, Arizona
FedExField - Landover, Maryland
Ford Field - Detroit, Michigan

MLB:

Comerica Park - Detroit, Michigan
RFK Stadium - Washington, DC
Shea Stadium - New York City
Nationals Park - Washington, DC
Yankee Stadium - New York City, New York
Citi Field - Flushing Meadows - Corona Park, New York

Each of these Musco light poles comes with a laser to precisely aim the poles.
The mounts for the fixtures on the poles are aimed at the factory to comply with the pre-designated candle power designed for every square foot of the field by Musco engineers prior to fabrication of the poles. Musco provides the exact coordinates for each pole location. Musco also has a control link which monitors every fixture 24/7 and relays vital info to the owners such as field use time; it even notifies the owners which pole, the specific arm and exact fixture that may be out of operation.

Yes PA, this lighting can be pricey. Most lamps are metal halide fixtures now but
LEDs are the lights of the future. The Texans just upgraded to LEDs and so did U of A basketball.
Musco even lit up Mount Rushmore with LEDs !!! http://www.musco.com/news/news.html

Musco engineers desiginate a specific guaranteed minimum lighting percentage provided on a gridded plan of the fields to be lit prior to construction.

~~~

Anyone who has watched a Nascar night race must have noticed the huge light poles surrounding the track.
These poles are prominently displayed in the aerial TV shots.

How many have noticed the box shaped lights surrounding the inside of the tracks ?
These light boxes are aimed to cover the banking on the track surface.
Each fixture in the box is designed to cover a 4'x8' section of the banking on the track.
Ever notice that there are no shadows ?
Every square inch of those night tracks are covered.
And the inside track light boxes are positioned without any driver interference.
Musco engineering is absolutely amazing !

Musco has lit up these motorsport venues:

Atlanta Motor Speedway - Hampton, Georgia
Auto Club Speedway - Fontana, California
Bristol Motor Speedway - Bristol, Tennessee
Charlotte Motor Speedway - Concord, North Carolina
Chicagoland Speedway - Joliet, Illinois
Darlington Raceway - Darlington, South Carolina
Daytona International Speedway - Daytona Beach, Florida
Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex
Gateway International Raceway - Madison, Illinois
Homestead-Miami Speedway -Homestead, Florida
Kentucky Speedway - Sparta, Kentucky
Losail International Circuit - Doha, Qatar
Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Las Vegas, Nevada
Nashville Superspeedway - Nashville, Tennessee
Phoenix International Speedway - Phoenix, Arizona
Richmond International Raceway - Richmond, Virginia
Texas Motor Speedway - Fort Worth, Texas
Yas Marina Circuit - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Kansas Speedway - Kansas City, Kansas
The Milwaukee Mile - West Allis, Wisconsin
Iowa Speedway - Newton, Iowa
O'Reilly Raceway Park - Clermont, Indiana
Eldora Speedway - Rossburg, Ohio

~~~

http://www.musco.com/

(Roush, we all knew that you meant Truex ;) )

Peanut
06-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Wow! That's great information, AZ.

I saw the story of when they installed the lights at Daytona (I think it was Daytona). Really interesting. They asked the drivers for input and Earnhardt (Sr) could pin-point the exact location of a glarey light.

I didn't realize it was such a complicated process.

AZ Snake Fan
06-21-2015, 06:35 AM

For a man who could see air, I have no doubt he could easily pick out a "glarey light" !

Speaking of Iowa, congrats to Eric Jones on his CWTS win !!

After getting rained out last night, Xfinity should start in a few hours at Joliet, IL.
TV coverage will be on F2.

Peanut
06-21-2015, 10:58 PM

For a man who could see air, I have no doubt he could easily pick out a "glarey light" !

Speaking of Iowa, congrats to Eric Jones on his CWTS win !!

After getting rained out last night, Xfinity should start in a few hours at Joliet, IL.
TV coverage will be on F2.

Sweep for Jones! :D

AZ Snake Fan
06-22-2015, 04:32 PM

Sweep for Jones! :D

I was going to post the same thing but I didn't know if you were at the gym and hadn't watched it yet. ;)
Eric showed some good moves and a lot of determination. Old Kyle must be proud !!
The 22 car penalty was a first for me lol !!!

BroncosFanInPA
06-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Well after a week off for the cup series, i'm ready for some action & what better place than sonoma.

I love the road course races because they are some of the most exciting all season & it don't hurt that tony is really good at road racing...7 wins (2 at sonoma & 5 at the glen) so i will be looking forward to a good run by him.

Speaking of tony, he has one sweet looking ride for this race paying tribute to the military, veterans & families & it should look great on track & hopefully out front, check it out...

http://www.atthetrackracing.com/images/2015/diecast/TS-15SALUTES.jpg

Peanut
06-24-2015, 10:52 AM

I was going to post the same thing but I didn't know if you were at the gym and hadn't watched it yet. ;)
Eric showed some good moves and a lot of determination. Old Kyle must be proud !!
The 22 car penalty was a first for me lol !!!

Yeah, that penalty was odd. NASCAR verbally told the crews that pit road was open. The flag guy didn't hear it, kept the red out and they penalize the teams. That makes sense, right?

Well after a week off for the cup series, i'm ready for some action & what better place than sonoma.

I love the road course races because they are some of the most exciting all season & it don't hurt that tony is really good at road racing...7 wins (2 at sonoma & 5 at the glen) so i will be looking forward to a good run by him.

Speaking of tony, he has one sweet looking ride for this race paying tribute to the military, veterans & families & it should look great on track & hopefully out front, check it out...

http://www.atthetrackracing.com/images/2015/diecast/TS-15SALUTES.jpg

Nice.

I love Sonoma. Should be a good race.

Peanut
06-24-2015, 10:54 PM
A little off topic but I think it's okay.

AZ, we went to Mission BBQ (http://mission-bbq.com/) tonight. Yes, I'm vegetarian. Yes, they took me to a BBQ place. :D And I was excited to go. They support our military and first responders. I think it's a place you would like.

They have a special parking spot for Wounded Warriors (in addition to the normal special parking). They have cups for WWP and proceeds go to them.

They have good mac and cheese. :D

I know there are probably lots of places like this across the country. I just wanted to share with you all.

Peanut
06-26-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm going to miss Larry.

http://www.nascar.com/content/nascar/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/6/26/larry-mcreynolds-final-race-fox-nascar-sprint-cup-broadcast.html

When the FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup Series broadcast season ends after the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 1, PRN, SiriusXM), it will be the end of a 15-year partnership between Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds and Darrell Waltrip. McReynolds discussed his emotions heading into the weekend on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

I had to edit because I mis-read. I thought the whole team was gone. My scanning skills failed me. :sad:

AZ Snake Fan
06-27-2015, 07:23 PM

I'm going to miss Larry.

http://www.nascar.com/content/nascar/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/6/26/larry-mcreynolds-final-race-fox-nascar-sprint-cup-broadcast.html

When the FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup Series broadcast season ends after the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 1, PRN, SiriusXM), it will be the end of a 15-year partnership between Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds and Darrell Waltrip. McReynolds discussed his emotions heading into the weekend on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

I had to edit because I mis-read. I thought the whole team was gone. My scanning skills failed me. :sad:

So, Gordon is taking over for Larry.

Larry is the only one who kept the booth grounded.
As a crew chief, he offered valuable technical insight.
Now it's going to be two drivers with big egos and Joy.
Doesn't make sense. Drivers only see races as drivers.

I really like Larry McReynolds, he's an honest, no bull guy.
Hope Fox has some good plans for his talent.
(They should have replaced DW with Gordon imo.)

~~~

Peanut, I wish we had a Mission BBQ here !!!

Peanut
06-28-2015, 11:01 PM

So, Gordon is taking over for Larry.

Larry is the only one who kept the booth grounded.
As a crew chief, he offered valuable technical insight.
Now it's going to be two drivers with big egos and Joy.
Doesn't make sense. Drivers only see races as drivers.

I really like Larry McReynolds, he's an honest, no bull guy.
Hope Fox has some good plans for his talent.
(They should have replaced DW with Gordon imo.)

~~~

Peanut, I wish we had a Mission BBQ here !!!

I agree with the bolded.

In the sermon this morning, the pastor was talking about this place in Annapolis called Chick and Ruth's. Hubby has been there and says the food is good. They have milk shakes that come in sizes Regular, Jumbo and Colossal. The Colossal is 6 pounds. You have to stand in order to eat it.

Colossal (http://www.chickandruths.com/apps.pdf)

Done. :D

He's 37th, 136 points behind 30th.

Southstander
06-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Jeff is bring back the Rainbow Warrior for Bristol.

BroncosFanInPA
06-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Done. :D

He's 37th, 136 points behind 30th.

Good for Kyle, he has had a long road to getting back.

I always thought getting the win would be the easy part for him & that the points would be the hard part & being the numbers guy i am, let me break it down on why i think it will be difficult...

10 races to go & he needs to make up 136 points which they are saying an average finish of 14th or better...one may say 14th? sounds easy but there isn't room for error like he has had already.

kyle has 5 races under his belt with finishes of 11th, 36th, 9th, 43rd & 1st...which adds up to an average finish of 20th.

another way of looking at it is he has scored 125 points or an average of 25 per race, but a 14th = 30 points or in other words, he would need to score 300 more points but currently is only on pace for 250 more & that is even with a win & 2 more finishes of 11th & 9th.

So those 2 bad finishes have thrown things out of whack & i would say he could have maybe 1 more & still have a slim chance but anymore & forget it.

Can he do it? yes i absolutely think he can but he has to be consistent now & stay clean for at least 8 if not 9 of the 10 remaining races.

AZ Snake Fan
07-01-2015, 02:51 PM

Who knows ?
For a guy with steel pins in his ankle and legs he has a lot of determination that's for sure.
That wreck with a DNF certainly didn't help but Kyle may be in the winners circle again soon.
I'm sure that Kyle is on a mission and will be racing for the win instead of settling for a points average.

Tony was up front and racing hard until his crew sabotaged him AGAIN ! Bet he is ticked.
I was pulling for Tony, Kyle and Gordon. Now I'm pulling for Jeff and Tony to get a win.

Daytona is next and then Nascar starts the rule changes at Kentucky.
Should be a wild finish of the season!
Crew chiefs must be going nuts trying to figure out how tires will play out.
I think the rest of the Sprint races are on NBC.

Have a nice Independence Day and heres to a good one at Daytona !!! :D

BroncosFanInPA
07-02-2015, 05:44 PM

Who knows ?
For a guy with steel pins in his ankle and legs he has a lot of determination that's for sure.
That wreck with a DNF certainly didn't help but Kyle may be in the winners circle again soon.
I'm sure that Kyle is on a mission and will be racing for the win instead of settling for a points average.

Tony was up front and racing hard until his crew sabotaged him AGAIN ! Bet he is ticked.
I was pulling for Tony, Kyle and Gordon. Now I'm pulling for Jeff and Tony to get a win.

Best part about the bold...that is the crew that harvick had to start last season & gave him so many problems & what does tony do? yeah give up his championship crew to harvick & take on the stooges for the 14 team :doh:

I think it's time to take back what is his... harvick has had enough success & runs up front every week anyway, tony needs the crew to help him have a good day, harvick does not because he is hot enough to overcome that poor crew.

Peanut
07-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the numbers, PA. I'm still hopeful. I'm concerned about tomorrow, especially seeing how practice went.

Who knows ?

The race tonight was fun. Between cringing and holding my breath. These guys are crazy. I guess that's why we love them.

Hope you all had a good 4th!

Peanut
07-05-2015, 11:50 PM
Sometimes it pays to be a night person. :D

I will not spoil it for those of you who had to DVR it.

I will say two things. I like it when McMurray drives the McDonald's car. "Big Mac" over the door.

And I repeat, I don't like restrictor plate racing.

AZ Snake Fan
07-05-2015, 11:57 PM

Wowsers !!! :eek:

roushmartin6
07-06-2015, 12:32 AM
What a scary wreck. Nascar won't be happy till they kill someone it seems. I much prefered the tandem drafting to the can't pass the leader racing we have now. So glad that everyone is ok, i've never seen a car go from the bottom lane, over 2 lines of cars and land in the catch fence wheels first and come to a dead stop and have not one person killed. Looks like Daytona rising will need to add a new catch fence section while they are at it

BroncosFanInPA
07-06-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm with you peanut, i don't like these plate races anymore. At one time i did & was excited for them but now they just seem pointless to me.

That wreck could have killed somebody, the fence is destroyed & nascar & the track itself are awful dam lucky the car didn't go any further beyond the fence.

Oh one more thing...nascar may want to investigate under the hood of the 88 & 48, mainly the 88 because everybody was talking about that...how does one car get that kind of edge over the field?

Peanut
07-06-2015, 11:12 AM
What a scary wreck. Nascar won't be happy till they kill someone it seems. I much prefered the tandem drafting to the can't pass the leader racing we have now. So glad that everyone is ok, i've never seen a car go from the bottom lane, over 2 lines of cars and land in the catch fence wheels first and come to a dead stop and have not one person killed. Looks like Daytona rising will need to add a new catch fence section while they are at it

I'm just glad it went wheels first. If you watch the slow motion replays, it turned just before impact. I know they have roll bars and under normal circumstances, they do a great job. But. Going roof first into the fence with the poles and wires? I think the outcome would have been different.

That was as scary as Geoff Bodine's crash in Trucks. I think I have the right Bodine.

I'm with you peanut, i don't like these plate races anymore. At one time i did & was excited for them but now they just seem pointless to me.

That wreck could have killed somebody, the fence is destroyed & nascar & the track itself are awful dam lucky the car didn't go any further beyond the fence.

Oh one more thing...nascar may want to investigate under the hood of the 88 & 48, mainly the 88 because everybody was talking about that...how does one car get that kind of edge over the field?

They figured out how to blow a bubble out of the rear so that it gives an extra push when someone gets near them. :D

I'd be fine with them checking out those two as long as they check out the #4, which I think they did.

I wonder if people are going to start thinking that there's a curse on the #3? Although Dillon did walk away.

BroncosFanInPA
07-06-2015, 04:58 PM
maybe it's time to give it a shot without the plates.

yes the speeds will be ridiculously fast but if it breaks up the pack racing, then it would be a step in the right direction.

I know nascar will never consider this but it sure would be nice to see things a little spread out or at least to the point that handling & tires play a factor...perhaps they should have tried the reduced downforce package minus the plates at daytona instead of kentucky

AZ Snake Fan
07-06-2015, 08:30 PM

maybe it's time to give it a shot without the plates.

yes the speeds will be ridiculously fast but if it breaks up the pack racing, then it would be a step in the right direction.

I know nascar will never consider this but it sure would be nice to see things a little spread out or at least to the point that handling & tires play a factor...perhaps they should have tried the reduced downforce package minus the plates at daytona instead of kentucky

Without plates at Talladega and Daytona, those cars will get airborne for sure; those tracks were built to be fast but I doubt Mr. France ever envisioned today's technology back then. The reduced down force plan could change plate tracks although I think it will take some time for the crews and drivers to adjust to it. Kentucky should be interesting. We'll see. :D

Tony worked his way to the front and then another bone-headed call in the pits cost him his track position and he got stuck back in the pack. PA, you're right about the point average for Kyle to have a chance but Kyle is Kyle and he only races one way; all in.

It is so fortunate that no one was killed at Daytona this week ! :eek:

I'm just glad it went wheels first. If you watch the slow motion replays, it turned just before impact. I know they have roll bars and under normal circumstances, they do a great job. But. Going roof first into the fence with the poles and wires? I think the outcome would have been different.

That was as scary as Geoff Bodine's crash in Trucks. I think I have the right Bodine.

They figured out how to blow a bubble out of the rear so that it gives an extra push when someone gets near them. :D

I'd be fine with them checking out those two as long as they check out the #4, which I think they did.

I wonder if people are going to start thinking that there's a curse on the #3? Although Dillon did walk away.

I caught that "explanation" also. HMS blowing out rear bubbles ! Too funny !!! :D

Freyaka
07-07-2015, 09:53 AM
I caught that "explanation" also. HMS blowing out rear bubbles ! Too funny !!! :D

I haven't watched hardly any racing this year (and didn't watch this race) but it sounds like they must have brought Von Miller in as a consultant to get extra speed after hearing of his work in our team meetings.

Peanut
07-07-2015, 10:15 AM
I haven't watched hardly any racing this year (and didn't watch this race) but it sounds like they must have brought Von Miller in as a consultant to get extra speed after hearing of his work in our team meetings.

:laugh:

I love it when football and racing come together.

Peanut
07-10-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm really pulling for Gordon to win Kentucky. That would be so cool for him.

"A Kentucky win would also give Gordon a rare distinction: a victory at every venue he's competed on in a 23-year career, which would make him the only driver to hold the distinction of wins on all 23 current Sprint Cup Series tracks."

Article (http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/7/10/8931773/2015-nascar-kentucky-jeff-gordon-driver-win-every-track)

BroncosFanInPA
07-11-2015, 07:31 AM
I'm really pulling for Gordon to win Kentucky. That would be so cool for him.

"A Kentucky win would also give Gordon a rare distinction: a victory at every venue he's competed on in a 23-year career, which would make him the only driver to hold the distinction of wins on all 23 current Sprint Cup Series tracks."

Article (http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/7/10/8931773/2015-nascar-kentucky-jeff-gordon-driver-win-every-track)

Tony is just about right there with him...Kentucky & Darlington are the only tracks tony has not won at.

Would be cool for sure if either of them were able to accomplish it, obviously my money would be on the 24 at this point & time.

Peanut
07-11-2015, 11:06 AM
I think it was last week, they were talking about how Tony said he lacked confidence. Very candid. He needs someone/something to guide him back. If he can't get that confidence back, retirement is not far away.

BroncosFanInPA
07-11-2015, 08:05 PM
:fight::mad::laugh::confused::rolleyes:

That about sums up how i feel...so tony wanted this package probably more than anybody & what happens?

yeah of course he has one of the worst races of the year ha ha ha!!! LOL!!! LOL!!! 33rd 2laps down ha ha ha!!! LOL!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! CLOWN!!!!! GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncosFanInPA
07-11-2015, 08:09 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And i used to think it was the crew chief that was the problem....

roushmartin6
07-13-2015, 05:27 PM
The new package was great but I agree that i can't believe Tony did even worse. I wouldn't be shocked if he called it a career after this year, I know he hasn't hated the gen 6 car since it was introduced

BroncosFanInPA
07-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Now that i have had my cool down time, i wanted to share something interesting i heard last week...

Nascar is looking into the idea of adding another road course race to the schedule, or at the very least they would like to move one to the chase & they are looking at maybe moving sonoma into the chase.

This idea is coming from the fact that not only have road races been some of the most exciting & entertaining the past few years but also the attendance at the tracks have been the best in several years, while most other tracks are half empty.

I for one hope this is not just rumor & that they not only put one in the chase but more importantly add another, i would really love to see 4 total but would take 3 for sure & no doubt one should be in the chase.

AZ Snake Fan
07-15-2015, 07:38 PM

The new package was great but I agree that i can't believe Tony did even worse. I wouldn't be shocked if he called it a career after this year, I know he hasn't hated the gen 6 car since it was introduced

Nice to see faster cars able to pass at will.
Gordon put the package to the test early when he got Larson loose and went right around him.
It was obvious that the JGR engineers did their homework. Wow.
Other teams were really struggling with the set up.
Some cars seemed to be starting to get dialed in toward the end of the race.
All these crews seem to be able to adapt fast, should be a lot of fun after they adjust.
Loudon should be wild !

Now that i have had my cool down time, i wanted to share something interesting i heard last week...

Nascar is looking into the idea of adding another road course race to the schedule, or at the very least they would like to move one to the chase & they are looking at maybe moving sonoma into the chase.

This idea is coming from the fact that not only have road races been some of the most exciting & entertaining the past few years but also the attendance at the tracks have been the best in several years, while most other tracks are half empty.

I for one hope this is not just rumor & that they not only put one in the chase but more importantly add another, i would really love to see 4 total but would take 3 for sure & no doubt one should be in the chase.

Thanks for sharing PA !
I like to see a few right turns too !!
This "rumor" will probably be in effect for next season.
I really liked that track that NASCAR held that road course up in Canada a while back.
That place was packed too !!!

Peanut
07-15-2015, 09:08 PM
They should have a road course in the Chase so I hope you're right, PA. Some guys are getting pretty good at it.

Trucks in the dirt coming up in a couple of weeks. That's a race that I really look forward to.

roushmartin6
07-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Kyle Busch is on a mission. If he gets in the chase, watch out!

AZ Snake Fan
07-19-2015, 07:32 PM

That move Kyle made at about lap 238 right before the caution came out was awesome !!!

Peanut
07-19-2015, 10:10 PM

That move Kyle made at about lap 238 right before the caution came out was awesome !!!

That was awesome!

Peanut
07-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Trucks are in Eldora Wednesday!

Darn. Kyle Larson isn't entered. I wanted to see if he could stay off the wall. :D

Peanut
07-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Even people who dislike Kyle has got to appreciate what he's doing, right?

He's in his happy place. :D

I really wanted Gordon to win today. I really want him in the Chase.

Freyaka
07-27-2015, 07:03 AM
Even people who dislike Kyle has got to appreciate what he's doing, right?

He's in his happy place. :D

I really wanted Gordon to win today. I really want him in the Chase.

I want to like him because he's driving Bobby's old car...I just can't. At least he wasn't his usual smug self in victory lane. If I had never seen him in a race before his post race interview would make him look like a pretty likable guy. It's impressive what he's doing, I still can't find it in my heart of hearts to pull for him.

Since this was the first race all season I bothered to watch, I was really pulling for Joey to get by him.

Quick question, if Kyle does get in the chase with his 4 wins, does that mean he'll start as the points leader?

Peanut
07-27-2015, 01:24 PM
I want to like him because he's driving Bobby's old car...I just can't. At least he wasn't his usual smug self in victory lane. If I had never seen him in a race before his post race interview would make him look like a pretty likable guy. It's impressive what he's doing, I still can't find it in my heart of hearts to pull for him.

Since this was the first race all season I bothered to watch, I was really pulling for Joey to get by him.

Quick question, if Kyle does get in the chase with his 4 wins, does that mean he'll start as the points leader?

I didn't say you had to like him. I just thought a racing fan would appreciate what he's gone through and what he's done.

I wasn't a fan of his near the beginning. But I kept thinking, "The guy can drive". Then I noticed changes in him (Gibbs rubbing off on him?) and decided that he was one of my main drivers.

I was pulling mainly for Gordon. That was short-lived. Joey and Larson came next. I thought it would be cool for Penske to get a Cup win at Indy.

I think Kyle would be second to Johnson, who also has 4 wins? I don't know how that would work. Go by points? Seems that Johnson would be higher in points than Kyle, even though Johnson and team are doing their usual "slump" before the Chase.

PA, I could hear you from here (did you bother watching the race?). It seems that Tony's team has a lot of people confused about their decisions.

AZ Snake Fan
07-27-2015, 02:50 PM

You can say that again Roush !!!

I never was a Big Kyle fan but yes, I admire the fire in his desire !
Kyle has seemed to have matured a lot since becoming a family man.
Indeed on a mission after that debilitating wreck !!
3 in a row, not counting Xfinity, pretty amazing !!!

I was pulling for Gordon, he wrecked and I thought this might be the one for Tony.
Tony had a fast car, good pole position, was up front most of the race
and then....the inevitable dumb pit stop that cost him huge in track position.

That Indy package must have been awfully hot for the drivers.

~~~
(edit)
Tony did do a great job at Eldora !
It was a good time and lots of fun for all !!
I was ROTFL at Brad K !!!

roushmartin6
07-27-2015, 05:14 PM
The streak Kyle is on is unreal! He will be dangerous when he makes the chase not if. Also was nice to see Tony up front again, I wonder if this is the race they got it pointed in the right direction

BroncosFanInPA
07-27-2015, 05:56 PM
PA, I could hear you from here (did you bother watching the race?). It seems that Tony's team has a lot of people confused about their decisions.

I did watch the race, no matter how bad of a train wreck this year has been i watch because i love pulling for tony stewart like i love pulling for the broncos.

I have said this before..i compare things now to how it was with our broncos with josh mcdaniels, really really bad. but i watched & rooted with the same passion as any other year. however with that being said....

I simply have nothing more to say, things are bad & i do not want to keep coming here & repeating the same crap over & over because i'm sure you guys & gals have probably had about enough of it by now, i know i even have myself.

so i'm going to spare everyone from the moaning & complaining...but i will never stop watching & hoping for better times.

BroncosFanInPA
08-02-2015, 03:18 PM
If & i know it's a big if at this point because they are so close & i think will still get there...but should the #18 not make it into the top 30 in points & to be more specific by a handful of points...

well that is 100% on the driver, they warned him to save gas & he simply did not listen..he was trying to win that race no matter what anybody says & instead of think big picture & back off, he runs out of gas costing the team 20 points & the rest of that team should be upset with the driver IMO.

Yeah most likely the 18 still gets there, but what if they blow a motor at the glen & or get caught up in a wreck somewhere else & suddenly your still outside looking in with just 2 or 3 races to go? then the pressure will start eating at you & perhaps then you make a mistake pushing too hard & you have nobody to blame but yourself for being greedy & not thinking of the whole team & big picture!

brianmcfarlane
08-02-2015, 08:44 PM
If & i know it's a big if at this point because they are so close & i think will still get there...but should the #18 not make it into the top 30 in points & to be more specific by a handful of points...

well that is 100% on the driver, they warned him to save gas & he simply did not listen..he was trying to win that race no matter what anybody says & instead of think big picture & back off, he runs out of gas costing the team 20 points & the rest of that team should be upset with the driver IMO.

Yeah most likely the 18 still gets there, but what if they blow a motor at the glen & or get caught up in a wreck somewhere else & suddenly your still outside looking in with just 2 or 3 races to go? then the pressure will start eating at you & perhaps then you make a mistake pushing too hard & you have nobody to blame but yourself for being greedy & not thinking of the whole team & big picture!

It looks like Kyle is racing well enough that he will still make the chase ... 2-3 or more years ago I couldn't stand Kyle but the last year or two it seems he has a different attitude and I am OK with him now. His attitude today gave an image that he is having fun, I like that.
I root for Truex and Jeff Gordon, a shame Truex ran out of fuel like so many others but at least he has a win. The last pits for many cars were from lap 123-128 and the fuel window was supposed to be 33 laps (160 lap race). Most cars running up front had to go 36 or 37 laps from the last pit on fuel and I didn't think they were making a good decision doing that; I'm sure they hoped for at least on more yellow and no GWC at the end. I was glad to see that Gordon pitted on lap 128, he was running between 15th and 20th for most of the last 30 laps ... he finished 3rd! Lots of cars didn't make it and Gordon's team finally made a good decision this season. :D

Peanut
08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Stewart is still struggling. (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stewart-still-struggling-ward-jr-fatal-wreck-185628367--nascar.html) First anniversary of Kevin Ward Jr.'s death.

It's his first race at Watkins Glen in 3 years. I really hope he does well.

"He's not the same person he was before Ward's death, and he's not the same driver, either. He's acknowledged several times the last few months that his confidence has been shattered, his comfort level in a race car is questionable and it's a struggle to find much joy in his profession."

Freyaka
08-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Stewart is still struggling. (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stewart-still-struggling-ward-jr-fatal-wreck-185628367--nascar.html) First anniversary of Kevin Ward Jr.'s death.

It's his first race at Watkins Glen in 3 years. I really hope he does well.

"He's not the same person he was before Ward's death, and he's not the same driver, either. He's acknowledged several times the last few months that his confidence has been shattered, his comfort level in a race car is questionable and it's a struggle to find much joy in his profession."

He honestly should have retired. He hasn't been up to snuff since them, I have always enjoyed watching Tony race, but get out of the car and get someone competitive in there. I don't blame him for being messed up after something like that, but if he can't get his head straight, it's getting close to time to just move on.

AZ Snake Fan
08-07-2015, 04:46 PM

Tony is still competitive.
His crew chief isn't.

Freyaka
08-07-2015, 05:17 PM

Tony is still competitive.
His crew chief isn't.

I remember swearing the same thing about my driver.

BroncosFanInPA
08-07-2015, 08:45 PM
LOL! Retire? I don't even know where to begin because there is so much going on within this situation...

First off - AZ is right...Tony is coming around & the crew chief has been a problem, just look at indy...runs in the top 5 all race until stupid pit strategy cost him big time & this is not the first time. should have been a top 5 at worst & then finished 9th at pocono.

Second - And this may be the most important part...Tony Stewart answers to NOBODY! Because he is his own boss & if the 14 car is running terrible for 100 races in a row, well so be it...that is his choice to be in that car or not & he has dam well earned that right because he is the owner!

I am without question the biggest tony stewart fan on this board & one of his biggest fans period! And believe me you I have said numerous times that he should hang it up & let somebody else in the car, but let me tell you something...those feelings & comments are out of anger & disappointment & i would never want him to just give up.

Tony will get out of the car when he is dam well ready to & nobody is gonna tell him otherwise because he needs racing right now no matter how poor the performance on track is, it is like therapy to him & he will go on his own terms, end of story!

P.S. - Just gonna say this...watch out this weekend because he has won 5 times (most all-time) at the glen & has not even raced there the past 2 years.

Peanut
08-07-2015, 10:22 PM
I remember swearing the same thing about my driver.

And it was true. When they started playing musical CCs is when Bobby started having troubles. Then he couldn't get a decent ride. I was hopeful with the #43 but they were struggling at the time. Now it seems he can only get a ride for a team that needs his provisional.

PA, I'm pulling for 3 drivers this week. Gordon or Stewart to win and Kyle to have a good finish.

I think we all knew this was coming.

Ward's family files wrongful death suit against Tony Stewart (http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/wards-family-files-wrongful-death-suit-against-tony-stewart/ar-BBluJfd?ocid=mailsignout)

BroncosFanInPA
08-08-2015, 07:40 AM

Ward's family files wrongful death suit against Tony Stewart (http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/wards-family-files-wrongful-death-suit-against-tony-stewart/ar-BBluJfd?ocid=mailsignout)

Real classy move there ward family.

Let's wait until about the last possible day to pull this stunt, they had 1 year from the date of the incident which just so happens to be this sunday.

I would lay money on it that this was what they planned from the get go, why file right away when they can wait until tony returns to watkins glen on the very same weekend the accident took place.

IMO there can only be one reason anybody would wait the entire year...they want to rehash this to tony & try to bring him down even more.

I'm sorry for the loss of their child & it was a terrible tragedy but all they are doing now is being classless slimeballs by doing this now.

I'm sorry if i offended anybody with any of this, but it's just how i see it.

Freyaka
08-08-2015, 08:45 AM
And it was true. When they started playing musical CCs is when Bobby started having troubles. Then he couldn't get a decent ride. I was hopeful with the #43 but they were struggling at the time. Now it seems he can only get a ride for a team that needs his provisional.

PA, I'm pulling for 3 drivers this week. Gordon or Stewart to win and Kyle to have a good finish.

Yea, I'm not saying I want Tony to retire by any means. I have always liked the guy, I dunno, maybe PA's right he just needs a change of CC.

I hope the ward family gets laughed out of court. Their son was high as a kite and walked in front of Tony...They should never see a dime of Tony's money. I'm sorry for the loss of their child, but this is a slimy cash grab pure and simple...

Peanut
08-08-2015, 12:13 PM
I don't wish ill-well on the Ward family (I know no one here does). They went through a horrible ordeal. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child. But...I wish they would acknowledge the part that their son had in this situation. He is not blameless. In fact, if he had stayed in his car like he should have, like he'd been told numerous times, we wouldn't be here talking about it.

Sometimes I get in my moods. When I hear about things like this, I almost want Stewart to counter-sue and say, If he hadn't gotten out of the car, if he wasn't high, .... A grand jury declined to indict Stewart. This is pain and suffering for Tony. Slander comes to mind.

Freyaka
08-08-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't wish ill-well on the Ward family (I know no one here does). They went through a horrible ordeal. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child. But...I wish they would acknowledge the part that their son had in this situation. He is not blameless. In fact, if he had stayed in his car like he should have, like he'd been told numerous times, we wouldn't be here talking about it.

Sometimes I get in my moods. When I hear about things like this, I almost want Stewart to counter-sue and say, If he hadn't gotten out of the car, if he wasn't high, .... A grand jury declined to indict Stewart. This is pain and suffering for Tony. Slander comes to mind.

Yea but if he counter-sues he will be eaten alive in the court of public opinion. The average non-nascar fan called him everything from a horrible person to a murder when it happened because they really had no clue about racing or how any of it works. His best thing is to stay quite and let it play out.

BroncosFanInPA
08-09-2015, 02:13 PM
When does this end?? :ugh:

When will this misery end for this poor man? :(

This is becoming almost beyond belief anymore, never in my life have i seen such horrific luck & results for somebody who does not deserve this. :mad:

BroncosFanInPA
08-09-2015, 02:34 PM
well i'm sure that scumbag ward family is sitting back thinking ha ha ha! we got you tony & enjoying this & if that is the case...may god have mercy on there souls because they have serious problems if that's the case.

Freyaka
08-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Look out Nascar, Rowdy just cracked the top 30...I'll tell you what as long as he hasn't peaked too early he may make some waves in the chase this season.

roushmartin6
08-09-2015, 05:33 PM
well i'm sure that scumbag ward family is sitting back thinking ha ha ha! we got you tony & enjoying this & if that is the case...may god have mercy on there souls because they have serious problems if that's the case.

I don't know why they are wasting their time, he was on an active race track and had weed in his system, they will lose for sure. Plus Tony can afford a way better lawyer than they can. Just trying to get money out of him, its sad it happened but i Hope they don't get a dime.

As for today's race, it was ok, sucks that Harvick ran out of gas but Kyle Busch has got into the top 30, just needs to stay there. He is going to be unstoppable when it starts

FL BRONCO
08-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Buddy Baker has passed away. Best wishes to his family both immediate and extended racing family and friends. He will surely be missed. To BB:salute:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-great-buddy-baker-74-loses-battle-with-cancer/ar-BBlBJpt?ocid=ansSportingNews11

May the Gentle Giant RIP

Peanut
08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
RIP

Buddy Baker :)

“I’m 74 years old, have great friends, had a career,” he said. “The toughest part for me is not being able to talk to some of our regulars that are almost like family. Do not shed a tear. Give a smile when you say my name. I’m not saying goodbye. Just talk to you later.”

:salute:

AZ Snake Fan
08-14-2015, 05:34 PM

Nice to see faster cars able to pass at will.
Gordon put the package to the test early when he got Larson loose and went right around him.
It was obvious that the JGR engineers did their homework. Wow.
Other teams were really struggling with the set up.

Great insight PA. This package is appearing to alter the second half of the season.
Uncanny how the odds are now heavily tilted toward the Toyos !
I was a bit skeptical at the beginning of the season that the hp downgrade was intended to help the struggling TRD group, but the expeditious adaptation of this new package by the TRD engineers is beyond belief. Okay, I'll start the conspiracy theory lol but it sure seems that TRD is way ahead of the curve with this new package somehow. Hmmmm...:D

JGR finished 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the first round of quals today that determined the top 12.
Then JGR finished PI, P2 and P3. They would have had 1-4 if Kyle hadn't got a little squirrley on his last run. Right now the Toyos seem to have an advantage. They all were putting up the fastest straight away speeds. 201-203 mph. Gordon, Johnson and Jr were holding it wide open around the track, didn't lift up but couldn't hit those speeds. It's almost like JGR and HMS have switched places lol.

Of course this was all in qual trim today, when they get in race trim Sunday and get in groups, we'll see how much the air off of this "new" package impacts the field. For sure the Toyos dominated the quals today.

On a positive note, Tony has had a consistently fast car lately and he has done well in all the quals in the last 5 races. Again today, he had a fast car in practice and did well in the quals. I think Tony got P5. Last week Tony was running well and up in the front pack when his car just shut down on him. I could almost hear a collective gasp of "Awwwww..." At least that's what I said anyway. Tough break at the Glen but Tony still has another shot this Sunday at Michigan.

Here's to a good one: :beer:

Peanut
08-18-2015, 11:35 PM
Ordered our tickets for Dover. Usually we sit on the front stretch (first race was in turn 4). This time, we're going to be in turn one. Still should have a good view of most of pit road.

How's this? Ultimate Fan Pass. Includes access to the Driver & Crew Chief meeting, limited-edition keepsake chair, pit pass, guided garage tour, breakfast and more. For an extra $500.00 for each person, available to the first 100 fans. Would love to do it, but... Told daughter she could wave to Gordon from turn 1. :D

I don't know how many other tracks do this but it's Dover's first time. They have become more fan-friendly in recent years.

BroncosFanInPA
08-22-2015, 08:10 PM
Being the yo-yo that i am & given the circumstances that have developed this week with MWR, here i go again...

It would not surprise me one bit if tony decides to step out of the 14 & bring clint bowyer on to fill the seat, by no means am i saying it's going to happen or i think it will happen but...

all things considered, something is clearly wrong with tony & the whole 14 team (the crew chief is trying, but just gets it wrong every time it seems on strategty)& perhaps it's time to move on.

Peanut
08-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Being the yo-yo that i am & given the circumstances that have developed this week with MWR, here i go again...

It would not surprise me one bit if tony decides to step out of the 14 & bring clint bowyer on to fill the seat, by no means am i saying it's going to happen or i think it will happen but...

all things considered, something is clearly wrong with tony & the whole 14 team (the crew chief is trying, but just gets it wrong every time it seems on strategty)& perhaps it's time to move on.

I'm hoping Tony sticks it out. I think he needs it.

What is bothering me is the #24 team. 2 loose wheels? Really? Tire changers' fault or is Gordon "feeling" things that aren't there? Rookie mistakes.

BroncosFanInPA
08-22-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm hoping Tony sticks it out. I think he needs it.

What is bothering me is the #24 team. 2 loose wheels? Really? Tire changers' fault or is Gordon "feeling" things that aren't there? Rookie mistakes.

I think jeff is feeling the pressure of it being over & every week it's building more & more & it's just too much for him, i feel really bad for him because he deserves to go out better than this.

This is however sports, & nobody can plan these things or how they will go...i have a bad feeling that he is going to miss the chase.

Peanut
08-23-2015, 09:39 PM
As fellow racing fans, I know you won't mind me putting this here.

Most of you know that IndyCar is my first love in racing. I just finished watching the race from Pocono. Please keep Justin in your thoughts. Thanks.

Justin Wilson (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/justin-wilson-airlifted-after-head-injury-at-pocono-224730626.html)

IndyCar driver Justin Wilson suffered a severe head injury Sunday afternoon at Pocono Raceway when he was hit in the head by debris from Sage Karam's car after Karam crashed. As of 9 p.m. ET, the IndyCar Series said he's in a coma and in critical condition at an Allentown, Pennsylvania, hospital.

EDIT: Props to Stewart.

Stewart loans plane to Wilson family: Tony Stewart loaned his plane and pilots to Stefan Wilson, brother of injured IndyCar Series driver Justin Wilson, so Wilson could get from Indianapolis to his brother's side at a Pennsylvania hospital Sunday night. Justin Wilson was hit in the helmet by the flying nosepiece of Sage Karam's car during the race Sunday at Pocono Raceway and was airlifted to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest in Allentown, PA. Wilson suffered a severe head injury and is in a coma in critical condition, according to the IndyCar Series. It is not unusual for Stewart to lend his plane to people in the racing industry amid a health crisis. Most of those acts go unpublicized at Stewart's request. He did not publicize his loaning of the plane and pilots Sunday night, but several in the IndyCar community sent out tweets thanking him.(ESPN.com)(8-24-2015)

BroncosFanInPA
08-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Just heard the very sad news that Justin Wilson has passed away.

Very unfortunate tragedy, thoughts & prayers to his family...everything i have been hearing, he was really well liked by all his competitors.

RIP Justin

Peanut
08-24-2015, 07:24 PM
I am so very sad. Second one we've lost in 3 years. I wanted to go to this race this year, but because of going to Dover, decided not to.

RIP Justin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/indycar-driver-justin-wilson-dies-from-head-injury-at-pocono-011012288.html

Southstander
08-24-2015, 08:18 PM
RIP Justin.

What is eriee is that all could think about was Dan Weldon during the race.

Peanut
08-27-2015, 11:34 PM
No Cup this week, but we have 3 road courses.

XFINITY at Road America. Trucks at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. And IndyCar at Sonoma for the finale, which should be very emotional.

Peanut
08-28-2015, 12:29 PM
This is so cool. If they came from the track, they most likely came down the 101. Which means that they drove through the town I grew up in. Marco drove the #25 in honor of Justin.

Servia to drive No. 25 car as tribute to Wilson (http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/08/8-27-Servia-to-drive-25-car-in-finale).

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/08/8-27-Title-contenders-deliver-trophy-across-Golden-Gate-Bridge

roushmartin6
09-03-2015, 12:37 PM
That IRL last race was intense, congrats to Scott Dixon. The Darlington race this week should be good, the Kentucky rules package and all those awesome throwback schemes. Partial to Bayne's and Hornish's myself lol

Peanut
09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
That IRL last race was intense, congrats to Scott Dixon. The Darlington race this week should be good, the Kentucky rules package and all those awesome throwback schemes. Partial to Bayne's and Hornish's myself lol

I was pulling for Montoya. Kind of wonder about Karam's (teammate of Dixon's) spin two races ago. I didn't get to see that race because DVR messed up. But I heard about the speculations. If Karam (I don't like him for other reasons. And they're calling him the new face of Indy) hadn't spun, Montoya would have won that race plus the championship. And double points on the last race?

The races this week should be fun.

AZ Snake Fan
09-06-2015, 03:37 PM

Might be one of those nights.
This band of storms is heading east:

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5277/lBGtnL.png

Peanut
09-06-2015, 03:41 PM

Might be one of those nights.
This band of storms is heading east:

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5277/lBGtnL.png

It's a good thing I'm a night person. :D

Thanks, AZ!

NFL_fanatic
09-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone. I'm Lisa and I've been a member for next to forever. I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan and a huge Kurt Busch fan. I'd like to start coming around again and become a permanent member. :) Looking forward to the race tonight, if they can get it in.

BroncosFanInPA
09-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Good lord have mercy!!!!

this dam pit crew just keeps killing tony...come in 6th & go out 12th!! :sad::mad::doh:

So dam sick of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fight:

FL BRONCO
09-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Burton Spins and Brad goes in 1st and comes out 3rd. Feel bad for him but those are the breaks sometimes

Peanut
09-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone. I'm Lisa and I've been a member for next to forever. I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan and a huge Kurt Busch fan. I'd like to start coming around again and become a permanent member. :) Looking forward to the race tonight, if they can get it in.

Hi, Lisa! Always good to have another NASCAR fan here. I like the other Busch. :D

Another repeat winner. Better for Gordon and Truex. Would love to see Larson get in. Can't remember how he is at Richmond.

BroncosFanInPA
09-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Richmond: One last chance to get in, time to "go for broke" for a bunch of teams & try to win at all costs.

There are a few potential players looking for a win to throw a wrench into the plans of those trying to secure a spot on points & based off qualifying i think it could happen...Ragan P5 Stewart P10 Larson P11 & Dillon P12.

That would shake things up & make things very interesting for the bottom 3 in points currently with Gordon, Menard & Bowyer separated by just 18 points & should one of the above mentioned drivers pull off a win, well then one of these 3 will be out.

It could be very exciting considering the starting spots of those 3..Menard P22 Gordon P23 & Bowyer P26.

Kinda funny how Bowyer is always in the middle of things in this last chance race ha ha! It should be a fun night & i look forward to some beating & banging & perhaps some tempers flaring, enjoy it all.

Peanut
09-12-2015, 10:43 AM
It should be fun.

I think I read that McMurray was in?

For Gordon is get in, he needs to finish 17th or better; 18th + 1 lap lead; 19th with most laps lead; repeat winner and he's in.

Just for tonight, I won't even complain if Johnson wins. :D

Peanut
09-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Thought this was funny:

Following Hamlin's injury, things changing at Joe Gibbs Racing.

'Joe Gibbs' sends new safety memo to JGR employees (http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/blogs/inside-groove/2015/9/denny-hamlin-torn-acl-injury-joe-gibbs-racing-safety-memo-nascarcasm.html)

BroncosFanInPA
09-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Well i was wrong, that race flat out sucked!

Outside of the charge by the 43 car late...this was a snoozfest, when one guy leads over 350 laps out of 400..that is a problem!

And one more thing, the #14...oh dear lord! looked like a promising weekend qualifying 10th, only to drop faster than a cinder block in water & be a lap down before lap 100 & end up 29th - 3laps down.

Tony it's time for 1 of 2 things...either wholesale changes on your team have to occur, or you have to step aside & let somebody else in that car, there is no other answer for this pathetic performance. :sad:

What makes this even sadder is the fact that this is one of his better tracks & he has said himself it's his favorite...he has won 3 times there & this was the best starting spot he has had since 2008 at richmond.

AZ Snake Fan
09-12-2015, 10:50 PM

Thought this was funny:

Following Hamlin's injury, things changing at Joe Gibbs Racing.

'Joe Gibbs' sends new safety memo to JGR employees (http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/blogs/inside-groove/2015/9/denny-hamlin-torn-acl-injury-joe-gibbs-racing-safety-memo-nascarcasm.html)

That is funny !
Wonder if Coach Gibbs really wrote that ?
Denny drove hard tonight and he sure did look a bit pallid after the race.
Thanks Peanut !!!
~~~
PA, I knew that you must have squirmed when Tony went down that 1st lap.
I was worried that your TV took another ding from a beer bottle lol. :D

~~~

The top 16 are set and the final road to the Cup starts in Chicagoland. Glad Jeff got in.
If any other team wants a chance at that Cup, they better find an answer for JGR.
Penske's Fords (Joey and Brad) started off okay but fell back later.
HMS kept moving forward after small adjustments at each caution (Jr, Gordon and Johnson),
But not enough to get to the front. All teams running Hendrick power are struggling.
Lots of cautions. Spin outs by lap cars. Lots of track debris.
Hard to recall that many track debris cautions.
Was someone throwing it out through the fence lol ?

Highlight excitement of the night:
McDowell's # 95 got the worst end of a cleanup truck while he was following the pace car during the yellow. :eek:

Peanut
09-12-2015, 10:59 PM

That is funny !
Wonder if Coach Gibbs really wrote that ?
Denny drove hard tonight and he sure did look a bit pallid after the race.
Thanks Peanut !!!
~~~
PA, I knew that you must have squirmed when Tony went down that 1st lap.
I was worried that your TV took another ding from a beer bottle lol. :D

~~~

The top 16 are set and the final road to the Cup starts in Chicagoland. Glad Jeff got in.
If any other team wants a chance at that Cup, they better find an answer for JGR.
Penske's Fords (Joey and Brad) started off okay but fell back later.
HMS kept moving forward after small adjustments at each caution (Jr, Gordon and Johnson),
But not enough to get to the front. All teams running Hendrick power are struggling.
Lots of cautions. Spin outs by lap cars. Lots of track debris.
Hard to recall that many track debris cautions.
Was someone throwing it out through the fence lol ?

Highlight excitement of the night:
McDowell's # 95 got the worst end of a cleanup truck while he was following the pace car during the yellow. :eek:

:laugh:

The exciting part in our house was keeping an eye on Jeff. I hope he does well.

Freyaka
09-13-2015, 06:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAJSxuiRSeE

BroncosFanInPA
09-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Now that the chase is set, how bout some predictions...

First 4 out - Menard, Bowyer, McMurray & Gordon

Final 4 - Harvick, Kenseth, Logano & Earnhart.

Harvick will repeat as champ.

Yo AZ - The TV is fine considering i get cans :beer: less damage that way ha ha! :rockon: But seriously...i don't get excited much anymore, guess sucking :( is setting in ha ha! :laugh:

AZ Snake Fan
09-16-2015, 07:10 PM

Yo AZ - The TV is fine considering i get cans :beer: less damage that way ha ha! :rockon: But seriously...i don't get excited much anymore, guess sucking :( is setting in ha ha! :laugh:

I was just kidding about that; trying to make light of a disappointing performance.

Not sure Bowyer or Gordon will be in the First 4.
Those Toyos have been running strong ever since the Kentucky rules package began.
I've read several articles that Rick Hendrick is very upset with HMS performance.
He will pour everything he can into his team to compete with JGR.
I would really like to see Gordon go deep into the Chase since it's his farewell tour.
We'll see.

Coming up this weekend: Trucks, Xfinity and Sprint Cars !
Here's to a great weekend in Chicagoland !!! :beer:

BroncosFanInPA
09-16-2015, 07:36 PM
I was just kidding about that; trying to make light of a disappointing performance.

Not sure Bowyer or Gordon will be in the First 4.
Those Toyos have been running strong ever since the Kentucky rules package began.
I've read several articles that Rick Hendrick is very upset with HMS performance.
He will pour everything he can into his team to compete with JGR.
I would really like to see Gordon go deep into the Chase since it's his farewell tour.
We'll see.

Coming up this weekend: Trucks, Xfinity and Sprint Cars !
Here's to a great weekend in Chicagoland !!! :beer:

No worries, i knew you were kidding as was i in return. :thumb:

Reason i'm not as sold on the gibbs camp is because they have been kicking tail during the summer months & that is when nascar was playing around with all the different rules packages.

Now they are going back to the rules package that was run to start the first half of the season...back then guys like harvick, kurt busch & truex were dominating, but i guess time will tell who has what now.

I too would like to see gordon do well, but i just haven't seen the consistency or running up front much at all for that matter but we shall see soon enough.

AZ Snake Fan
09-16-2015, 10:09 PM

Thanks PA !

I missed that memo lol !!
I had no idea that NASCAR was going to revert to the "old" rules package for the "play-offs".
Must be weird for the crew chiefs and drivers.
Now we'll hear the rear end bubble jokes again.
It was nice seeing cars passing at will with the Kentucky package though.
So super down force will be back at Chicagoland, interesting !!!

NFL_fanatic
09-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Hey everyone,

Looking forward to the race this weekend. I hope Kurt does well. :) Practices should be tomorrow. I even look forward to those.

NFL_fanatic
09-17-2015, 07:36 PM
FRIDAY, SEPT. 18

ON TRACK
-- 10 a.m.-12:25 p.m: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Leaderboard)
-- 12:30-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, NBCSN/Live Extra (Leaderboard)
-- 2-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBCSN/Live Extra (Leaderboard)
-- 4:35 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Leaderboard)
-- 6:45 p.m: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/Live Extra (Leaderboard)
-- 8:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series American Ethanol E15 225 (150 laps, 225 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Leaderboard)

Peanut
09-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Trucks were rained out.

Saturday at 10:30 AM eastern on FS2.

Yeah. I'm going to DVR it. :D

AZ Snake Fan
09-19-2015, 08:51 PM

FRIDAY, SEPT. 18

Cup quals rained out also.
P1 will be Harvick per First Practice results and NASCAR rules.

jwptexas
09-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Come on Kyle Busch!!! Best Wheelman out there and a Denver Broncos fan what's not to love?

jwptexas
09-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Kevin Harvick into the wall and now garage

BroncosFanInPA
09-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Tough break for harvick, but i think he will bounce back.

Even if he doesn't win one of the next two...he will make those points up & still be in the top 12 IMO.

Guy who better watch out is the 48, because harvick is the type to payback.

FL BRONCO
09-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Very excited to hear there will be 2 Earnhardts sharing the tracks in 2016.

Peanut
09-24-2015, 12:23 AM
Come on Kyle Busch!!! Best Wheelman out there and a Denver Broncos fan what's not to love?

Is he really? Cool.

Tough break for harvick, but i think he will bounce back.

Even if he doesn't win one of the next two...he will make those points up & still be in the top 12 IMO.

Guy who better watch out is the 48, because harvick is the type to payback.

Well, he did try.

Harvick shouldn't have a problem getting back into it.

Very excited to hear there will be 2 Earnhardts sharing the tracks in 2016.

I'm kind of surprised he got a Cup ride, even if it's part time. Jeffrey hasn't been doing well in XFINITY. I have heard that if he had better equipment, he would do better. I hope he does good.

Peanut
09-26-2015, 11:40 PM

I know I'm a week late, but wanted to get mine in.

First 4 out: Ryan Newman, Jamie McMurray, Paul Menard, Clint Bowyer

Final 4: Gordon, Harvick, Kyle Busch, Logano.

NFL_fanatic
09-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Harvick and Kurt ran out of gas today. I really wish their CC would have brought them in for gas and tires. Kurt wound up finishing 19th. *face palm* I'm not sure where Harvick finished.

Kyle had a terrible day, finished 40th I think. He wrecked.

No one could pass at today, at least, not very easily.

Harvick is in trouble, Kurt needs a good day next week.

I think Jr ran out of gas too.

It was a crazy day.

I hope you all are doing well. :)

FL BRONCO
09-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Well 2016 will be Stuarts last full time season. It will be the end of an era. Go Tony. sorry BPA. Lotta good memories he has given throughout the years.

roushmartin6
09-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Well 2016 will be Stuarts last full time season. It will be the end of an era. Go Tony. sorry BPA. Lotta good memories he has given throughout the years.

Yup. welcome to the club, it sucks losing your favorite driver to retirement. With football you always have the Broncos but in Nascar thats it. Hopefully Tony finishes on a strong note

Peanut
09-27-2015, 10:20 PM

Tony Stewart to retire after 2016 (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/report--tony-stewart-to-retire-after-2016-season-235743740.html)

I hope he has a great 2016.

Yup. welcome to the club, it sucks losing your favorite driver to retirement. With football you always have the Broncos but in Nascar thats it. Hopefully Tony finishes on a strong note

It's nice that they're announcing their retirement and going out on their own terms. Fans get a chance to say goodbye.

Mine just kind of faded into nothingness.

BroncosFanInPA
09-29-2015, 03:14 PM

This is one time i wish i was wrong about things. :(

I don't really have much else to say at the moment & i didn't respond earlier because...i guess i'm just letting it all set in.

dam this sucks! :ugh:

Peanut
09-30-2015, 08:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-makes-it-official--he-s-retiring-after-2016-172229949.html

"To be perfectly honest there was a really good possibility that this would have happened at the end of this year," Stewart said. "And the reason that we decided is 100 percent because of the fans that have supported us through the years ... I've been able to follow what Jeff's done this year and see how much it's meant to the fans to watch him race and the knowledge and knowing that it's their last year to watch him, that's important to me to be able to do this for our fans who have stuck with us through thick and thin and supported us."

As I said before, I hope he has a great 2016. On the track and maybe more importantly, off the track.

Peanut
09-30-2015, 11:00 PM
We are really praying that it won't rain on Sunday in Dover.

Go away, Joaquin!

BroncosFanInPA
10-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Now that the reality of things has set in i have a few thoughts...

First thing is i was a bit surprised at how upbeat & happy tony seemed speaking, almost as if a weight has been lifted from him & i guess in a way it kind of made me feel a tad better, although i'm still bummed out... but if this is what he wants to do then so be it.

Next is the part you posted Peanut...running 2016 for the fans which is cool that he referenced his fans which are very loyal & then the part about how it could have happened at the end of this season & that is where i'm a little confused about things.

If you decide your running one more year for your fans, why the need to make this announcement right now considering there are still 8 races left in the season, why not announce it after the season ends?

Now onto the business side of things & what i mean is the final year on track 2016 & some things i would really love to see occur to close the book on an amazing career...

1. Daytona 500 win & that is the big one because it has eluded him far too long & if none of the others things i wish occur, this is the one i would choose.

2. Southern 500 win - Darlington is 1 of 2 active tracks he hasn't won at, Kentucky being the other & they have only raced there i think 5 times.

3. Coke 600 win - never won this one but man did he come close several years back...had over 5 second lead on kasey kahne with 3 laps remaining & got a flat tire, what a heartbreaker.

Those are my big 3 & there are a few others that would be really cool as well, such as another win at the brickyard since it's his home. One other cool thing would be to get back into the chase for one last run at a championship.

I know alot of these may seem like a big stretch considering the performance the last two years but i have to hold onto some hope at this point right? Besides he has pulled rabbits from the hat before...

How bout 2011? Went into the chase as really an afterthought because of lack of performance & proceeds to win 5 of the 10 chase races & win his 3rd cup in an epic battle with carl edwards, i will never forgot those last 20 or so laps at homestead...i swear my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.

Lots of great memories over the years & hopefully a few more before all is said & done. I hope you have a great 2016 smoke & that you will be at peace in life.

I'm going to miss seeing you on the track but will never forget the memories :salute:

AZ Snake Fan
10-01-2015, 08:58 PM

We are really praying that it won't rain on Sunday in Dover.

Go away, Joaquin!

http://imageshack.com/a/img909/8194/exvtB2.jpg

I'm praying too !!!

I'm going to miss seeing you on the track but will never forget the memories

You will still see him on the track in the owners box ! ;)

Peanut
10-02-2015, 01:31 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img909/8194/exvtB2.jpg

I'm praying too !!!

You will still see him on the track in the owners box ! ;)

Yeah, not just for Dover and the race, but for everyone in the path. Really hoping it goes away from the coast.

AZ Snake Fan
10-04-2015, 04:35 PM

Eliminated:
Jamie McMurray
Jimmie Johnson ;)
Paul Menard
Clint Bowyer

Nice percentage PA !
You da man !!!
:thumb:

Waiting for Peanut's pics :D

BroncosFanInPA
10-04-2015, 04:41 PM

Eliminated:
Jamie McMurray
Jimmie Johnson ;)
Paul Menard
Clint Bowyer

Nice percentage PA !
You da man !!!

I'll gladly take the one wrong guess with the 48.

Karma is a funny thing now isn't jimmie...you put harvick in a bad situation in race 1 but he kept hunting & in the end, you got what was coming your way as harvick moves on & you are out!

too bad, so sad 48!

Harvick will repeat...he flat out stomped a mud hole in the field & in reality, should have won all 3 races.

Peanut
10-04-2015, 05:37 PM

Eliminated:
Jamie McMurray
Jimmie Johnson ;)
Paul Menard
Clint Bowyer

Nice percentage PA !
You da man !!!

I might post some pictures, but they won't be mine. I ended up going to the ER and they kept me. A bunch of weird tests and they couldn't find out what was wrong. I'm fine but missed the race. I made the others go.

Good picks, PA!

BroncosFanInPA
10-04-2015, 06:04 PM
I might post some pictures, but they won't be mine. I ended up going to the ER and they kept me. A bunch of weird tests and they couldn't find out what was wrong. I'm fine but missed the race. I made the others go.

Good picks, PA!

Dang that sucks!

So sorry you missed the race peanut, hope all is well.

AZ Snake Fan
10-05-2015, 06:16 AM

Peanut, so sorry that you missed Dover.
Glad that you made the others go.
And I'm glad Gordon made the cut too.
Hope that you are okay. Prayers for you.

PA, you were right about Bowyer.
He's leaving MWR and rides for Scott just for next season.
Then he will work for Tony like you predicted !
You're good PA !!! :D

Southstander
10-05-2015, 09:00 PM
This is one time i wish i was wrong about things. :(

I don't really have much else to say at the moment & i didn't respond earlier because...i guess i'm just letting it all set in.

dam this sucks! :ugh:

I never thought both Jeff and Tony would be retired this soon much less the same season. I know what you are feeling.

BroncosFanInPA
10-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Ok let's try some more predictions for this round & who will be eliminated...

Keselowski
Truex
Gordon
Newman

On a side note, Tony qualified 36th & based on his comments on twitter on his homepage, he sounds very upset. :mad:

I'm not going to repeat what he said because it would get me in trouble :nono: ha ha! :laugh: but don't be surprised if changes aren't coming sooner or later.

brianmcfarlane
10-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Ok let's try some more predictions for this round & who will be eliminated...

Keselowski
Truex
Gordon
Newman

On a side note, Tony qualified 36th & based on his comments on twitter on his homepage, he sounds very upset.
I'm not going to repeat what he said because it would get me in trouble ha ha! :laugh: but don't be surprised if changes aren't coming sooner or later.

Gordon wins one! Harvick doesn't win and gets eliminated!:eek: Keslowski, Newman and Dale Jr. are eliminated too. :peace:

I pretty much don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to NASCAR but those are my predictions. :D

AZ Snake Fan
10-09-2015, 10:27 PM

At the first Cup practice on Thurs, almost everyone came out in mock qual trim.
The top 9 drivers posted 192+ mph.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice1.html

Later Thurs, the Cup quals were held. Kenseth and Kyle got P1 and P2 respectively.
Newman got P10.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...ualifying.html

Today (Friday) another practice was held. Newman was third fastest overall.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice2.html

Later today, final practice was held.
Newman was 4th fastest only .003 behind Logano.
Kyle on top with Kurt about .035 behind him at second.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice3.html

Since they unloaded their cars, they have had a lot of opportunities to take big swings.
Some, like Gordon, went in the wrong direction. Newman kept getting pretty good.
Can't count Newman out just yet. He sure does seem determined.

And "Brian", no one is getting knocked out at Charlotte.
If one of the Chase drivers wins, he will be locked into the next round.
After Charlotte, before a cut, they all have to compete at Kansas and then Talladega.:eek:
It's all about wins and points until the checker at Talladega.
Then there will be 8 drivers left.

My biggest worry is the role of the lap cars.
Always has been since the Sprint Cup playoff format began.
Weird wrecks, unexpected spin-outs, track debris and untimely cautions affecting the outcome.
Just sayin'. Some of these teams need cash real bad. Just my own opinion and speculation.
~~~
Xfinity tonight; what's up with Kyle and Kahne ?
Watched the replay a few times, really bizarre stuff. :confused:
Hope that doesn't carry on into the Sprint race tomorrow night.

Here's to a good one at Charlotte ! :beer:

brianmcfarlane
10-10-2015, 07:43 AM

At the first Cup practice on Thurs, almost everyone came out in mock qual trim.
The top 9 drivers posted 192+ mph.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice1.html

Later Thurs, the Cup quals were held. Kenseth and Kyle got P1 and P2 respectively.
Newman got P10.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...ualifying.html

Today (Friday) another practice was held. Newman was third fastest overall.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice2.html

Later today, final practice was held.
Newman was 4th fastest only .003 behind Logano.
Kyle on top with Kurt about .035 behind him at second.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice3.html

Since they unloaded their cars, they have had a lot of opportunities to take big swings.
Some, like Gordon, went in the wrong direction. Newman kept getting pretty good.
Can't count Newman out just yet. He sure does seem determined.

And "Brian", no one is getting knocked out at Charlotte.
If one of the Chase drivers wins, he will be locked into the next round.
After Charlotte, before a cut, they all have to compete at Kansas and then Talladega.:eek:
It's all about wins and points until the checker at Talladega.
Then there will be 8 drivers left.

My biggest worry is the role of the lap cars.
Always has been since the Sprint Cup playoff format began.
Weird wrecks, unexpected spin-outs, track debris and untimely cautions affecting the outcome.
Just sayin'. Some of these teams need cash real bad. Just my own opinion and speculation.
~~~
Xfinity tonight; what's up with Kyle and Kahne ?
Watched the replay a few times, really bizarre stuff. :confused:
Hope that doesn't carry on into the Sprint race tomorrow night.

Here's to a good one at Charlotte ! :beer:

I do know that. I don't think I said that anybody would be eliminated in Charlotte, I realize that there are 3 races in this round. My prediction is that Gordon will win one in this round and Harvick won't and gets eliminated.

They do show standings with Harvick in 12th; since they all start this round with 3000 points does it really matter where they stand at this point? Maybe those standings reflect where the drivers finished points wise in the previous round?

My prediction is mostly based on who I like, not from anything I know. :peace:

Peanut
10-12-2015, 11:16 PM
Edwards
Kenseth
Newman
Kurt

A race late, but those are my four to be gone.

AZ, I was wondering if Kahne would blame Kyle for getting into the wall Sunday. :D

Both my Kyles went boom.

BroncosFanInPA
10-22-2015, 07:10 PM
Well boys & girls it's that time again, the big one...Talladega!

I have said it before & have been wrong about things on track but i think the aggression level will be through the roof in this one & of course that will end in disaster, likely in the form of a 20-25 car pileup.

Reason being...the points are so tight for so many & i think they are all gonna try being up front as much as possible because nobody is safe but logano.

Kenseth & Jr. almost have to win to move on because they are too far back in points. The other 9 from hamlin in 2nd back to newman in 10th...well they are separated by a total of 20 points & we all know you could be running top 5 on the final lap & end up 30th at the checker flag.

This race is so unpredictable & it's almost not fair to any of these teams that it is even in the chase, let alone a cutoff race but that's nascar for ya.

Anyway it should be a thriller, so enjoy it all.

AZ Snake Fan
10-25-2015, 04:14 AM

Dang PA, I was going to make almost an identical post lol !
I tried to make my cut out picks but with Dega anything goes.
You're right PA, it ought to be full tilt bozo nutz !!
Perfect Sunday for no Broncos game !!! :D
~~~
Edit:

Edwards
Kenseth
Newman
Kurt

A race late, but those are my four to be gone.

AZ, I was wondering if Kahne would blame Kyle for getting into the wall Sunday. :D

Both my Kyles went boom.

Definitely a cry baby history there.
Wouldn't be the first time and probably not the last.
He blamed Kyle at Darlington in 2013 and at Pocono in 2014 among many others.

Kahne after Darlington:
"This is his third time this year he has screwed up. ... If he would have just entered (the turn) like normal, the way he had entered the whole race, there would have been no issues. I would have been leading off (turn) two and he just didn't want that to happen, so he blew turn one. So whether he hit me or not, he still caused that whole deal with screwing up."
https://www.facebook.com/FarmersRacing/posts/580839345283006

So funny. Since when has Kyle been "normal" ?

~~~

There will be only one Green/White Checker at Talledega today if needed.
NASCAR instituted a special rule change just for Dega.
One, not the three as usual, if necessary.
The rule change applies to the Trucks and Cup Cars.

So, all the drivers know there will be only one re-start.
If there is a Green/White Checker and…………..
If the yellow comes out on the only G/W Checker, that's the race.
If it turns out anything like the Trucks' G/W today.......:eek:
~~~
Gordon got P1.
Truex goes to P43 for cutting below the yellow lines during quals.
PA, Tony got P12 !
Yay !!

Buckle up race fans !!!

brianmcfarlane
10-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Gordon wins one! Harvick doesn't win and gets eliminated!:eek: Keslowski, Newman and Dale Jr. are eliminated too. :peace:

I pretty much don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to NASCAR but those are my predictions. :D

So these are the drivers eliminated ... Ryan Newman, Hamlin, Earnhardt Jr. and Kenseth. Well I got 2 right (Newman and JR.) I was really hoping that Keselowski wouldn't make it either.
Sounds like some controversy with Harvick?

Just after the green flag dropped for the final restart, Kevin Harvick made contact with Trevor Bayne. Harvick's 15th-place result in the race put him seventh in the standings and a part of the final eight moving onto the third round of the Chase...
Frustration fueled questions about whether Harvick manipulated the finishing order to gain a berth in the Chase's third round. His No. 4 was ailing, and if the race had made it for the full G-W-C, he might have fallen too far back to make the cut.
No, Harvick wouldn't do that?? :eek: I wonder if Harvick thinks Bayne should go after him and try to start a fight?

Peanut
10-26-2015, 11:24 PM
I saw a view from Harvick's in-car camera. It really looks like it was intentional. Kind of hard to block someone when they're door to door with you.

We'll never know, though.

I was very impressed with JRs attitude. He seems to be in a good place.

Glad Gordon, Truex and Kyle made it.