PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Freyaka
10-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I saw a view from Harvick's in-car camera. It really looks like it was intentional. Kind of hard to block someone when they're door to door with you.

We'll never know, though.

I was very impressed with JRs attitude. He seems to be in a good place.

Glad Gordon, Truex and Kyle made it.

I haven't been watching this year, but my dad was telling me about it....It made me lose some respect for Happy to be honest...

Pulling for Joey to win it all!

BroncosFanInPA
10-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Nascar has released the 2016 schedule...next to nothing has changed! :rolleyes:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/10/26/nascar-2016-schedule-sprint-cup-series-daytona-500-homestead.html

NASCAR released the 2016 schedules for two of its three national series Monday without -- as expected -- any major overhauls going forward. The most significant development, though, doesn't relate to change at all, but an added layer of continuity built in for tracks.

NASCAR announced that it has reached sanctioning agreements with its host race tracks for the next five years. That means the 23 facilities that host Sprint Cup events and the 24 tracks that serve as XFINITY Series venues will remain locked in as a part of the NASCAR calendar through 2020.

According to an official release, NASCAR and the tracks will work to determine each venue's place on the calendar in the year 2017 and beyond. The sanctioning agreement also does not preclude additional tracks from joining the Sprint Cup schedule, though such a development would likely require a more dramatic alteration to the calendar structure. The premier-series schedule has stood at a modern-era maximum of 36 races since 2001.

The Camping World Truck Series' 2016 schedule will be released at a later date.

The Sprint Cup season kicks off Saturday, Feb. 13 with the non-points Sprint Unlimited race at Daytona International Speedway, which will greet fans with a new look as the Daytona Rising project comes to fruition. The Can-Am Duels follow on Thursday, Feb. 18 with Daytona Speedweeks culminating in the Great American Race, the Daytona 500, scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 21.

The fan-favorite Southern 500 throwback race on Labor Day weekend will return, as will the popular NASCAR Goes West three-race swing in March. The western sweep starts March 6 with a stop in Las Vegas, followed by Phoenix on March 13 and Auto Club on March 20.

Among the notable changes for 2016:

Keeping the Coca-Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend, which is as late as it can be this year, moves Dover up in the 2016 schedule, to May 15, the Sunday before the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race in Charlotte.

Bristol Motor Speedway is adding a college football border war to its schedule this year, featuring Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee on Sept. 10. To accommodate the .533-mile oval's transformation from race track to football venue, the annual Bristol night race is on Saturday, Aug. 20. That shifts Michigan back a week to Sunday, Aug. 28.

Pocono adds a NASCAR XFINITY Series race for the first time in 2016. The 250-mile race is set for Saturday, June 4, part of a race weekend with the Sprint Cup Series' Axalta "We Paint Winners" 400 on June 5.

Chicagoland Speedway, which hosted two XFINITY races annually from 2011-15, will host just one event for the series in 2016.

Daytona's annual event in early July returns to a Saturday night event after a rain-plagued edition on a Sunday night this season.

Richmond's first doubleheader weekend of the season in April will now be spread over a Saturday-Sunday schedule instead of Friday-Saturday.

The 2016 schedule features two off weeks in addition to the Easter holiday, so Sprint Cup racing will go quiet March 27, June 19 and Aug. 14 next year.

The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup field again will be determined at Richmond on Sept. 10, with the 10 races from the 2015 postseason reappearing in the same order in the 2016 Chase. Elimination races are scheduled to take place at Dover, Talladega and Phoenix again next year.

The Sprint Cup Series will crown its 2016 champion at Homestead-Miami finale Sunday, Nov. 20, one day after the XFINITY finale at the south Florida track.

BroncosFanInPA
10-28-2015, 07:07 PM
So outside of the first richmond race moving to sunday afternoon, dover moving up a few weeks & july daytona race moving back to sat. night, there is really nothing at all different with this dam schedule.

And what's worse is the part in bold...that for the most part means there will be no new tracks or races for at least the next 5 years unless a track with 2 dates would lose one.. what is nascars problem? :confused:

All this talk about adding another road course was just hogwash, same old same old stupid tracks & nothing at all changing with the chase dates. nascar is so stupid i swear!

They have no problem changing everything else under the sun over the years like the points format, the chase, the rules package, qualifying, the restart zone & rules etc. etc. i could go on & on....oh but god forbid we mess with this awesome schedule :hammer:

Broncoholic JS
10-29-2015, 01:07 PM
I hope Martin Truex, Jr. wins it all!! Guy deserves it not just for his driving, but what he does off the track too.

Represent Denver and Furniture Row to win it all!!

Peanut
10-29-2015, 02:22 PM
I hope Martin Truex, Jr. wins it all!! Guy deserves it not just for his driving, but what he does off the track too.

I really want Gordon to win the championship since this is his last year, but I'm still pulling for Truex. Small team, based outside of Charlotte equals ultimate underdog. When I think in terms that Gordon has already won championships and who knows if the #78 can do this again, I end up leaning more for Truex.

jwptexas
10-29-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm definitely pulling for Kyle to finally get a championship so all the talk can finally stop about him being a loser. When it's all said and done I think he'll be one of the greatest of all time.

If Kyle can't pull it off then definitely Gordon! Would love to see him ride off into the sunset on a high note.

Freyaka
10-31-2015, 08:52 AM

I'd be ok with Truex, but I'm really pulling for sliced bread to win it all.

jwptexas
11-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Wow Kenseth just put Logono into the wall with 50 to go intentionally... Logonos father had to be restrained

Peanut
11-01-2015, 03:09 PM
I'd be ok with Truex, but I'm really pulling for sliced bread to win it all.

I had to go back to see who "sliced bread" was. :D

Bet you're a Kenseth's fan right now.

All respect for Kenseth is gone. Not watching the race, but had to go find out what happened. Kenseth can say that Joey did that to him all he wants. Keep blocking someone that many times, you're going to get moved. Don't like it? Don't block. This was so blatant. Glad NASCAR parked him. Hope they issue penalties. Hope Gibbs issues his own penalties.

jwptexas
11-01-2015, 03:24 PM
I agree... he sure can dish it out but can't take it. Kenseth blocking a better car until he got spun out was just racing but what Kenseth just did was classless

jwptexas
11-01-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm a huge Kyle Busch fan so it's sad Kyle has to be associated with Kenseth. Happy Kyle came out with 5th place finish and Gordon with the win!

AZ Snake Fan
11-01-2015, 03:27 PM

Good for you Jeff !!
On your way to Homestead !!!
:thumb:

Peanut
11-01-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm a huge Kyle Busch fan so it's sad Kyle has to be associated with Kenseth. Happy Kyle came out with 5th place finish and Gordon with the win!

Hubby is a big Gibbs fan (Redskins). He doesn't think Gibbs will put up with Kenseth's behavior. To the point where he thinks Kenseth might be out of a ride. Don't know if Gibbs would go that far.

Good for you Jeff !!
On your way to Homestead !!!
:thumb:

:dance:

Daughter is so happy.

BroncosFanInPA
11-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Now that was a race! :clap: been wating for something like that for a long time.

I think what kenseth did was awesome! paybacks are part of racing & really something that has seemed to disappear of late... i see nothing wrong with what he did.

Peanut
11-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Now that was a race! :clap: been wating for something like that for a long time.

I think what kenseth did was awesome! paybacks are part of racing & really something that has seemed to disappear of late... i see nothing wrong with what he did.

It seems that a lot of people agree with you. If you read my post above, I'm not one of them. :D

Two game suspension for Kenseth. Points and fine for Patrick.

BroncosFanInPA
11-04-2015, 06:30 PM
It seems that a lot of people agree with you. If you read my post above, I'm not one of them. :D

Two game suspension for Kenseth. Points and fine for Patrick.

Yes i already knew how you felt about the situation but it's all good, we can disagree once in a while right? what fun would it be to agree on everything.

About the 2 race suspension...i knew it was coming so i wasn't surprised at all, what i have a problem with is the fact it's 2 races. I figured it would be 1 race or the rest of the season which is 3 races.

But typical nascar looking to stir the pot even more & to build drama decides on 2 races which means kenseth will return for the finale at homestead & you can bet nascar is just hoping logano is in the final four so the story line is setup perfectly.

I mean afterall, what the heck is the difference at this point for kenseth had they said take the rest of the season off...it's 1 more race. Nope this was a well thought out plan by nascar & who could blame them? they are doing what's good for business by trying to draw as much ratings as possible.

brianmcfarlane
11-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Alright Gordon! This year just might turn out to be a great retirement ... I hope so. :)

Peanut
11-14-2015, 10:38 PM
Yes i already knew how you felt about the situation but it's all good, we can disagree once in a while right? what fun would it be to agree on everything.

About the 2 race suspension...i knew it was coming so i wasn't surprised at all, what i have a problem with is the fact it's 2 races. I figured it would be 1 race or the rest of the season which is 3 races.

But typical nascar looking to stir the pot even more & to build drama decides on 2 races which means kenseth will return for the finale at homestead & you can bet nascar is just hoping logano is in the final four so the story line is setup perfectly.

I mean afterall, what the heck is the difference at this point for kenseth had they said take the rest of the season off...it's 1 more race. Nope this was a well thought out plan by nascar & who could blame them? they are doing what's good for business by trying to draw as much ratings as possible.

Drama sells. Is that why Kenseth is back at Homestead? Could be.

If Logano doesn't get in, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of law suit. Not sure if that's possible, but I think they'd have a good case.

Alright Gordon! This year just might turn out to be a great retirement ... I hope so. :)

Even if he doesn't win the championship, Gordon looks like he is enjoying every moment this year. He's doing it right.

Truck series.....

Go Erik Jones!

He looks good in the 20, too. Kenseth should be worried. :D

jwptexas
11-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Come on Kyle Busch.... shooting for the weekend sweep and punch ticket to homestead!

AZ Snake Fan
11-15-2015, 06:37 PM

Come on Kyle Busch.... shooting for the weekend sweep and punch ticket to homestead!

I'd like to see Kyle get to Miami also.
He's beat the odds to get this far.
Seems right to me, as hard as he has worked to rehab.
~~~
They really need to get this race in tonight.
I've watched the doppler all day.
There is a small window now.
Another string of cells near Mexicali are heading this way.
PIR is getting dried up now. Good job by track crew and team crews.
NASCAR hopes to get it underway in 30 minutes.

A lot of factors will be in play;

The track is green. Rain washed off all the rubber from this week.
Originally scheduled as a day race, it's a good thing PIR has lights.
The track is going to be way cooler than practice or quals.
The set-ups may give drivers and crew chiefs fits at first.
NASCAR will have a mandatory yellow early so teams can check; no fuel.
More rain could be on the way;
Drivers will be anticipating the half-way mark like it's the checker.
Could be some aggressive moves tonight !

jwptexas
11-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Some good racing out there and happy Kyle finally made it!

Although I'm not a fan of other drivers it's a shame the race couldn't have played out. Logono should be in homestead, imo. Oh well.

I'm really rooting for Kyle to finally win the big one he deserves it. He's come a long way and I've watched him since he got started and Kurt is probably half the driver that little brother is with his own championship. Kyle is driving much smarter now days it's no longer win or wreck lol.

I believe this is the perfect setup though for Jeff Gordon and a story book ending. ESPN had an article the other day about Gordon and Elway and I've always rooted for Gordon until I watched Kyle. So it's like I got two drivers in the championship race lol odds are great.

jwptexas
11-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Martin Truex is definitely the underdog story... he's a good respectable driver that deserves a championship as well but I just don't think he can compete.

Harvick has nothing to lose mentality so I wouldn't be surprised to see him win or go to the garage early for aggressive driving.

BroncosFanInPA
11-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Now that the chase is set, how bout some predictions...

First 4 out - Menard, Bowyer, McMurray & Gordon

Final 4 - Harvick, Kenseth, Logano & Earnhart.

Harvick will repeat as champ.

Well i only got 1 out of 4 right, with Earnhart Jr. missing out by a a few feet & a split second at talladega...Kenseth & Logano both probably should have made it but they basically took each other out of the equation.

I stand by Harvick repeating because i just don't see anyone beating him out because of how dominate that #4 team has been all year long.

The numbers are stunning Top 5 - 22...Top 10 - 27...Laps led 2248 :O All but 8 races he has finished inside the top 10 & of those there may have been 1 or 2 that was just where they ran but the others were due to other factors like accident, flat tire or something else.

Heck the next closest for laps led was Logano with 1359 & then Keselowski with 1098 & everyone else under 1000...Logano was most likely the biggest threat seeing he also had 21 top 5 & 27 top 10 finishes, but he is out.

Short of having some type of issue such as a wreck, blown motor, mechanical failure or whatever could derail him...i just do not see any of the the others outrunning him.

Kevin Harvick will be the 2015 champ.

roushmartin6
11-17-2015, 11:39 PM
Should be an interesting race this week. The ultimate underdog is Truex, the troll would be Kyle Busch after missing so many races and becoming champion, Harvick is near unstoppable at times, and Gordon, the driver trying to John Elway it and ride off in the sunset, I just hope Nascar doesn't pull any crap and we get a nice clean race with no mystery cautions. Also its going to be weird without Jeff, and soon Tony gone from Sprint Cup. All the great drivers are slowly leaving :(

AZ Snake Fan
11-18-2015, 10:18 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/6017/V68988.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/4853/3ICVdn.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img903/8913/A67eRs.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/3079/MwbknE.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/9628/YtDLOv.png

0:38-0:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ01AT5mI4Y

Peanut
11-21-2015, 07:08 PM
AZ, I have to show that to my daughter. Although, she might have seen it already.

Congrats to Erik Jones, Team #4 and KBM!

FL BRONCO
11-21-2015, 09:06 PM
I'd love to see Truex But I'm going with Gordon :salute:

brianmcfarlane
11-21-2015, 10:34 PM
I am really surprised that after the mediocre season Gordon had he ends up being the first to make the final 4 and now has a really decent shot at winning the championship in his final year. He has been my favorite driver for about 20 years, I hope he gets'er done. My second favorite is whoever is driving the Denver Mattress car and I am also a little surprised Truex is in the final 4 but it makes the race interesting for me ... I'll have to DVR - oh wait the Broncos are on at 11am, everything is falling into place! :thumb::D

brianmcfarlane
11-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Well i only got 1 out of 4 right, with Earnhart Jr. missing out by a a few feet & a split second at talladega...Kenseth & Logano both probably should have made it but they basically took each other out of the equation.

I stand by Harvick repeating because i just don't see anyone beating him out because of how dominate that #4 team has been all year long.

The numbers are stunning Top 5 - 22...Top 10 - 27...Laps led 2248 :O All but 8 races he has finished inside the top 10 & of those there may have been 1 or 2 that was just where they ran but the others were due to other factors like accident, flat tire or something else.

Heck the next closest for laps led was Logano with 1359 & then Keselowski with 1098 & everyone else under 1000...Logano was most likely the biggest threat seeing he also had 21 top 5 & 27 top 10 finishes, but he is out.

Short of having some type of issue such as a wreck, blown motor, mechanical failure or whatever could derail him...i just do not see any of the the others outrunning him.

Kevin Harvick will be the 2015 champ.

Only problem is that with the Chase it is more about who's hot now ... as far as lineup Gordon is 5th, Kyle a little ahead of that but Harvick is 13th, deepest in the field of all the Chase drivers. Gordon was the only one to win a race from the last 8 ... GOOOO Gordon! :D

AZ Snake Fan
11-22-2015, 02:31 PM

0:38-0:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ01AT5mI4Y

AZ, I have to show that to my daughter. Although, she might have seen it already.

Congrats to Erik Jones, Team #4 and KBM!

Gotta look fast in that vid. I didn't notice Jeff until the second time I saw the commercial.

Yes, congrats to Erik !
Sun is out in Miami now.
Here's to a good one !!!

Broncoholic JS
11-22-2015, 03:06 PM
#TruexNation

Broncoholic JS
11-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Sucks to see Truex get so close but to lose the chase. How can you be out for 12 races and still win a championship(Busch)? That is messed up. Something needs to change, this whole format is stupid. Harvick should have never even been in the top 4 either, such a shady driver.

Congrats to Martin on one heck of a season.

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Hell YES!!! KYLE BUSCH!!! Best Wheelman man out there!

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 05:59 PM
He may have missed races but that was one hell of a comeback year and everyone knows Kyle is just that damn good.... missed 11 races and still accomplished more than majority of chase drivers.

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:04 PM
It's been a long time coming and you could tell there was absolutely no way Kyle was going to lose that race. Just a much better driver compared to the rest of the field.

Hate to see Gordon go!

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2015, 06:15 PM
It's been a long time coming and you could tell there was absolutely no way Kyle was going to lose that race. Just a much better driver compared to the rest of the field.

Hate to see Gordon go!

Not to rain on your parade here, but he is not "that much better" than everyone else...he was better than harvick & the #4 team for one night. just look at the stats i posted a few post above & that's all you need to know.

I was going to come in & say congrats to kyle & the #18 team but dude i'm sorry ...to say to he is that much better, is just plain wrong! i understand you may be happy & all, but at least tell it like it is. :rolleyes:

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2015, 06:21 PM
^^^Anyway i know Peanut is happy, so go celebrate peanut.

Kyle was the aftertought out of the 4...we had jeff the legend & sentimental favorite, then you had harvick the defending champ & the favorite & of course then there was the underdog in truex.

nobody was talking much about kyle & the #18 but they pulled it out when all the talk was about the other 3, so to that i salute the #18 team on the cup. :salute: nice job :clap:

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:25 PM
I've been saying he would win it for a long time and YES, today he was MUCH better than the field. Heck nascar even thru out the caution to let Harvick catch up and he just couldn't compete. Nobody was bearing Kyle.

I've been rooting for that kid well over a decade now so I'm really happy. On any given Sunday Kyle is definitely one of the best hands down.

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:26 PM
And Kyle Busch is Denver Broncos fan! What's not to like?!

Broncoholic JS
11-22-2015, 06:31 PM
And Kyle Busch is Denver Broncos fan! What's not to like?!

Truex is Denver, his team is based here. So that doesn't matter?

roushmartin6
11-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Congrats to Kyle Busch, misses 11 races and still wins the championship. Harvick finishes 2nd for like the one billionth time this year lol, my brother is bummed that he didn't get it but they had a great year. Another great leaves the sport after tonight and maybe Chevy should have ponied up some more money to Truex's team because they are switching to Toyota next year.

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:38 PM
I never said it didn't matter? Lol stop sounding so butt hurt. I'm sorry your driver couldn't keep up bud, better luck next year!

Broncoholic JS
11-22-2015, 06:39 PM
Congrats to Kyle Busch, misses 11 races and still wins the championship. Harvick finishes 2nd for like the one billionth time this year lol, my brother is bummed that he didn't get it but they had a great year. Another great leaves the sport after tonight and maybe Chevy should have ponied up some more money to Truex's team because they are switching to Toyota next year.

I really am a huge Truex fan now. That guy is class. Wish he could have won this year. Hopefully he can win a title soon.

Broncoholic JS
11-22-2015, 06:40 PM
I never said it didn't matter? Lol stop sounding so butt hurt. I'm sorry your driver couldn't keep up bud, better luck next year!

Sorry, just hate that Denver always gets the shaft in times like these. How can someone who didn't participate in 11 races win? Seems a flaw in the system to me.

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Who is Truex driving for next year?

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:44 PM
We just have different views on it like most of the nation, lol....

Where some like you say he missed 11 races so he can't be eligible to win a championship. I say that it's an amazing story and truly remarkable that he accomplished more than everyone else. Truex playing with house money just couldn't get it done but his story was remarkable as well.

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2015, 06:46 PM

Funny thing, you have been on these boards for over 3 years but yet i don't recall you posting any in this nascar thread until now. :confused:

Peanut
11-22-2015, 06:47 PM
^^^Anyway i know Peanut is happy, so go celebrate peanut.

Kyle was the aftertought out of the 4...we had jeff the legend & sentimental favorite, then you had harvick the defending champ & the favorite & of course then there was the underdog in truex.

nobody was talking much about kyle & the #18 but they pulled it out when all the talk was about the other 3, so to that i salute the #18 team on the cup. :salute: nice job :clap:

Thanks, PA.

As long as Harvick didn't win, I was going to be happy.

Same team. They're changing to Toyotas.

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:49 PM
I didn't know there was a nascar thread.... literally. I honestly don't get on here often. I've always been one of Kyles biggest supporters though. Gordon and Kyle all day!

Lol my nascar buddies are mostly Stewart fans and they hate Kyle but they're bout to be eating major crow!

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Just so it's on record.

I strongly believe that Kyle Busch will be one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time once he retires. That kid is fearless and awesome driver that has come a long way.

Broncoholic JS
11-22-2015, 07:17 PM

Furniture Row and with a Toyota.

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Why the change of manufacture?

AZ Snake Fan
11-22-2015, 07:55 PM

We welcome all race fans and while don't always have to agree, we usually set the facts straight.

I was pulling for the Gordon dream finish.

I have to give Kyle credit for fighting through multiple injuries from that very hard Xfinity crash.
Ironically, Erik Jones' #20 got into the 54; Kyle hit that concrete wall at Daytona, 21 February.
One of the silver linings from that crash; every NASCAR track increased their SAFER barriers.

Kyle fought through rehab and earned his way back in the Chase against the odds.
Kyle raced with a vengeance and made his way in with points like all the rest.

Congrats to Kyle on the Cup Championship and way to go Erik Jones, winning the Trucks for Kyle !

:clap: :rockon:

NEXT STOP: Speed Week at Daytona International Speedway !
Usually the 2nd week of February, about a week after the Super Bowl !!!
:D

jwptexas
11-22-2015, 08:41 PM
I really thought Gordon was going to walk off into the sunset with his 5th championship. They hyped the heck out of it! I'll miss him being out there.

Erik Jones winning was awesome and so was Chris Buecher(sp?) Classy move by Kyle Larson after winning the race to just pull off and not celebrate. Larson sure was making that high line work all weekend!

roushmartin6
11-22-2015, 09:26 PM
Why the change of manufacture?

They weren't getting enough money from Chevy and with Toyota losing MWR, they have more money to spend on a team after the Gibbs cars

Peanut
12-04-2015, 01:52 PM
The awards banquet airs tonight. I hope they have a nice tribute for Gordon.

BroncosFanInPA
02-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Can't believe he has done it again....oh wait, YES I CAN!! :rolleyes: Unbelievable is all i can say about this. The man likes to live on the edge i guess & that's entirely his business but, this close to the start of your final season?

Seriously? :brick: I'm disappointed by this news but in all honesty, i'm not really upset about it because it has become commonplace for these things the past couple years.

What a shame for him to go out this way after everything that has happened, but it is really all self inflicted :(

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/2/4/tony-stewart-accident-update-2016.html

Stewart-Haas Racing announced Thursday that three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart will miss the start of the 2016 Sprint Cup Series season after suffering severe back injuries Sunday in an all-terrain vehicle accident.

According to Stewart-Haas officials, no timetable has been set for Stewart to resume competition, but he is expected to make a full recovery and return to the driver's seat of his No. 14 Chevrolet this season. No interim driver was named.

The SHR team provided more information about his status Thursday, two days after releasing an initial report about the nature of his injuries. Stewart, 44, was scheduled to begin his final full season in NASCAR's premier series in the Daytona 500 on Feb. 21 (1 p.m. ET, FOX).

According to the team release, Stewart suffered a burst fracture of his first lumbar (L1) vertebra -- the uppermost bone in the lower back -- in the Sunday afternoon accident on the West Coast. The incident came one day after the driver attended the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Stewart was evaluated at a local hospital and was awake, alert and able to move all extremities, according to the SHR release. He was flown back to the Charlotte, North Carolina area Tuesday evening and admitted to a local hospital. Stewart underwent surgery Wednesday, according to the team.

Dr. Jerry Punch, a longtime motorsports analyst for ESPN with a degree in medicine, told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Thursday afternoon that each case is treated individually when determining a timetable for recovery.

"These kind of burst fractures, bone fragments can penetrate the spinal cord and you can have all kinds of other issues unless you're lucky, and apparently he was, which we're all thankful for," Punch told SiriusXM.

A burst fracture in the spine occurs when an extreme load is placed on the vertebra, causing an immediate and severe compression. The most frequent cause is severe trauma, such as a vehicle accident or a fall from a height.

Among the races Stewart is expected to miss is the season-opening Daytona 500. Barring a return to premier-series competition after 2016, Stewart will likely finish his elite career 0-for-17 in The Great American Race at Daytona International Speedway, a track where he's won 19 times -- including Daytona 500 qualifying races, the Sprint Unlimited exhibition and two International Race of Champions (IROC) events.

Peanut
02-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Can't believe he has done it again....oh wait, YES I CAN!! :rolleyes: Unbelievable is all i can say about this. The man likes to live on the edge i guess & that's entirely his business but, this close to the start of your final season?

Seriously? :brick: I'm disappointed by this news but in all honesty, i'm not really upset about it because it has become commonplace for these things the past couple years.

What a shame for him to go out this way after everything that has happened, but it is really all self inflicted :(

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/2/4/tony-stewart-accident-update-2016.html

I hope he's okay. Sounds painful.

Maybe he'll make 2017 his last year?

BroncosFanInPA
02-04-2016, 06:06 PM
I hope he's okay. Sounds painful.

Maybe he'll make 2017 his last year?

I don't see that happening...he has already said he thought about calling it quits after last season & only decided on one more year for his fans & also bowyer coming over for 2017.

I was getting excited for one last shot at the daytona 500 & well that has gone up in smoke :incomplete:

I will still watch the 500 but it won't be the same now. Whatever...it is what it is & i'm not gonna get all bummed because right now all i care about is winning this dam super bowl!! :goz: :logo:

roushmartin6
02-07-2016, 12:17 AM
I don't see that happening...he has already said he thought about calling it quits after last season & only decided on one more year for his fans & also bowyer coming over for 2017.

I was getting excited for one last shot at the daytona 500 & well that has gone up in smoke :incomplete:

I will still watch the 500 but it won't be the same now. Whatever...it is what it is & i'm not gonna get all bummed because right now all i care about is winning this dam super bowl!! :goz: :logo:

Maybe he can go on a Kyle Busch like winning streak (or at least win one race lol). Sucks for Tony because it sounded like he was putting a lot of effort into getting into better shape for this season and then this happens. Mark Martin said on twitter he won't be filling in lol (btw, Mark looks his age now, wow lol)

AZ Snake Fan
02-13-2016, 09:02 PM

The new NASCAR Overtime rule was instituted in part because of the wild GWC finish at Talladega and a couple of other races last year.

Tonight's Sprint Unlimited race went into "overtime".

I thought I understood the new NASCAR Overtime rule to say that if the car in the lead crosses the halfway mark, which is an extension of the start/finish directly across the track, before the caution comes out then that car is declared the winner and the race is over.

If the leader does not reach the halfway mark before the yellow, they restart.
There will be as many restarts as necessary until the lead car passes the halfway mark before a caution.

Well Denny did cross the halfway mark before the caution came out.

Prior to that yellow, there were many consecutive crashes.
I watched one after another and the green lights stayed on.
Cars were spinning out of control all over the track and finally the yellow came on.
Why didn't the caution come out right after the first crash ?

Maybe I am misinterpreting the new NASCAR Overtime rule.
All these new rules will take some getting used to. :confused:

Glad that no one was seriously injured tonight.
Quals tomorrow, on to the Duals, 500 next Sunday !

BroncosFanInPA
02-14-2016, 11:07 AM

The new NASCAR Overtime rule was instituted in part because of the wild GWC finish at Talladega and a couple of other races last year.

Tonight's Sprint Unlimited race went into "overtime".

I thought I understood the new NASCAR Overtime rule to say that if the car in the lead crosses the halfway mark, which is an extension of the start/finish directly across the track, before the caution comes out then that car is declared the winner and the race is over.

If the leader does not reach the halfway mark before the yellow, they restart.
There will be as many restarts as necessary until the lead car passes the halfway mark before a caution.

Well Denny did cross the halfway mark before the caution came out.

Prior to that yellow, there were many consecutive crashes.
I watched one after another and the green lights stayed on.
Cars were spinning out of control all over the track and finally the yellow came on.
Why didn't the caution come out right after the first crash ?

Maybe I am misinterpreting the new NASCAR Overtime rule.
All these new rules will take some getting used to. :confused:

Glad that no one was seriously injured tonight.
Quals tomorrow, on to the Duals, 500 next Sunday !

First part in bold & if i'm understanding it through your eyes AZ...the rule is not saying that once the leader crosses the halfway mark on the track that it's over but at that point it becomes an official restart & thus an "official race" & there will be no more restarts once they reach that line.

Best way to look at it is this...same as in the past applies here in the way that they still are trying to have the field take the green, white & then checker, only real difference i see is that in the past they had to make it back to the start finish line & take the white to be an official race that could end under caution & now they just need to make it halfway around or wherever that line happens to be at each track.

Also in the past they would give then up to 3 attempts to reach a finish & now it's unlimited, so if they continue to crash & have cautions before reaching that line....well in theory they could be there all night.

Now onto the second part i bolded & i think that is where the problem is & perhaps why you got confused? IMO was a classic case of nascar pushing the limits & trying to let them go as far as possible before throwing the yellow & thank god they didn't let them come all the way back around because as you said there was cars crashed all over & it could have got ugly if they raced back to the start finish line.

It really is just nascars inconsistency with these rules & how they apply them & it seems to have been that way for a long time, they seem to just go with whatever they feel like at the time.

Anyway, racing is back & we should have another interesting season...tough break for vickers & the #14 team, seemed like he had a fast car but it just seems like no matter who is in that car they just can't catch a break...hope he does well in the 500.

AZ Snake Fan
02-15-2016, 06:50 PM

Thanks PA.
I get it now, once the lead car crosses the halfway mark, it is an "official" restart.
That make some sense. I'm sure we'll see more mid-season rule changes
So, potentially, the car in the lead at that time could get passed before the checker.
As for the second bold, you're right again as usual PA ! :wink:

Another rule change we saw Sunday was he "no group quals" new rule.
I love that one, hope that it's not just for super tracks.

Yyesterday, young Chase Elliot in the 24 car made his dad proud !
I'm happy for the kid and it seemed like Jeff was also.
Good to see Jeff in the booth, hope that he stays around for a long while.

With the 24 P1 and the 20 P2, the Duals Thurs night will determine the remainder of the field.
Glad these cars are getting plenty of track time.

Can't wait for Sunday !
Before you know it, the Broncos will be playing again !!! :D

kingelway7
02-16-2016, 01:59 PM
I hate the new rule. HATE IT. Im going to be furious on Sunday if Im sitting in the stand at the 500 and theres a restart at the very end and theres a wreck on the first lap in Turn 3 and its then over.

BroncosFanInPA
02-16-2016, 06:23 PM
I hate the new rule. HATE IT. Im going to be furious on Sunday if Im sitting in the stand at the 500 and theres a restart at the very end and theres a wreck on the first lap in Turn 3 and its then over.

I get what you are saying & in all honesty i don't know if it was such a good idea either, but i guess after the mess that occurred at talladega they had to do something.

So perhaps nascar says: we are between a rock & a hard place with the G-W-C rules when you say you need to get back to start finish line to be official but at the same time can have a caution come out before even getting to turn one & have that has your attempt that ends the race.

So they split it down the middle...yes shortened the distance you must reach to be official but at the same time said there will be no more races end on a quick caution on a restart like at dega.

Edit: the other thing to keep in mind was why the mess happened at dega...because they were only allowing 1 attempt at G-W-C & now there is no limit

InElwayWeTrust
02-17-2016, 02:01 AM
Hey guys, I'm not an avid NASCAR fan and had never covered it until recently, but here's a story I wrote recently here in Las Vegas. It's mainly about Vegas local Kurt Busch but I also talked with Brad Keslowski, Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth. They were doing tire testing out here before the season starts and it was pretty cool to get down on the track around the cars, and I will be covering the NASCAR race when they com me out here later in the year.

Anyways, here is a link to the story and a couple pictures of me interviewing Matt Kenseth.

http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jan/14/kurt-busch-fellow-nascar-champions-las-vegas-speed/

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/A1A64656-6606-4B80-9D5D-8615D02EC36E_zpsopju7blx.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/JKr3w13/522D8D0A-94A8-45BE-A34C-4AEFF3D3B18E.png_zpsmtjrvjak.jpeg

kingelway7
02-17-2016, 09:36 AM
I get what you are saying & in all honesty i don't know if it was such a good idea either, but i guess after the mess that occurred at talladega they had to do something.

So perhaps nascar says: we are between a rock & a hard place with the G-W-C rules when you say you need to get back to start finish line to be official but at the same time can have a caution come out before even getting to turn one & have that has your attempt that ends the race.

So they split it down the middle...yes shortened the distance you must reach to be official but at the same time said there will be no more races end on a quick caution on a restart like at dega.

Edit: the other thing to keep in mind was why the mess happened at dega...because they were only allowing 1 attempt at G-W-C & now there is no limit

At tracks like Michigan, Fontana, and especially Daytona and Talledega, the take an entire lap to get up to full speed. Having the race end before the cars even reach full speed potential is just stupid in my opinion.

Why not make the new rule be applied to the White Flag lap instead of the Restart Lap? That will at least insure that the cars can go around the track 1 full time.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2016, 03:33 PM
SO bummed for MTJ. He deserved that race too. Didn't have to have someone push him too. With a backup start and car, seems to me he is the better driver.

Screw Hamlin and Harvick!

GO MARTIN TRUEX, JR!!!!

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Anyways, here is a link to the story and a couple pictures of me interviewing Matt Kenseth.

Kenseth almost won the thing. He got a little flustered down at the end of the race.

BroncosFanInPA
02-21-2016, 04:20 PM
What a finish! thought truex had it, but in the end the best car all day won the race...those toyotas were really tough & they worked so well together & clearly they had a plan in place & stuck to it.

It was however disappointing in a way to watch the top line not be able to do anything all day & just stall out or maybe it was just how dominate those toyos were on the bottom... not used to seeing that at a daytona race.

One more thing i noticed that seemed a bit unusual at least to me, is the fact that it seemed very difficult for guys at the back to make their way back up front, certainly much different than talladega races where you could come from the back to the front in a matter of 2 or 3 laps.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2016, 05:00 PM
What a finish! thought truex had it, but in the end the best car all day won the race...those toyotas were really tough & they worked so well together & clearly they had a plan in place & stuck to it.

It was however disappointing in a way to watch the top line not be able to do anything all day & just stall out or maybe it was just how dominate those toyos were on the bottom... not used to seeing that at a daytona race.

One more thing i noticed that seemed a bit unusual at least to me, is the fact that it seemed very difficult for guys at the back to make their way back up front, certainly much different than talladega races where you could come from the back to the front in a matter of 2 or 3 laps.

Truex came all the way from the back and did it with a backup car. It's all about the driver. SO gutted for him that he didn't win. Came so close to winning it all last year, then to lose Daytona by .01 second. I feel for the man.

BroncosFanInPA
02-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Truex came all the way from the back and did it with a backup car. It's all about the driver. SO gutted for him that he didn't win. Came so close to winning it all last year, then to lose Daytona by .01 second. I feel for the man.

i understand the connection here for you with truex & the 78 team being based out of denver & rooting for him which is totally cool & i like martin, he is a good guy but with that being said...

i would hope that you realize that at daytona & talledega it's really not much about the driver at all & you are sadly mistaken if you think truex drove all the way to the front without help or being pushed...that is simply not how it works at restrictor plate races.

you rely so much on those around you & have very little control of things, it's all about who can push the best that helps you stay out front

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2016, 05:59 PM
i understand the connection here for you with truex & the 78 team being based out of denver & rooting for him which is totally cool & i like martin, he is a good guy but with that being said...

i would hope that you realize that at daytona & talledega it's really not much about the driver at all & you are sadly mistaken if you think truex drove all the way to the front without help or being pushed...that is simply not how it works at restrictor plate races.

you rely so much on those around you & have very little control of things, it's all about who can push the best that helps you stay out front

I do like him for this reason, but not this reason alone. The guy is a class act and his story with his wife is compelling. My sister passed away from cancer in June of 2014. His wife had a form of the same cancer. I root for people like that. I enjoy him and what he does for the community and cancer research.

Martin came so close to winning it all last year, and now this. That must suck for him. But, we are used to that crap here in Denver. Getting so close then nothing. This year is different for the Broncos and hopefully him. In the world of pro athletes doing dirty, this man deserves the praises.

Martin is different, he is genuine, he is a class act. People should root for him and look up to him.

Broncoholic JS
02-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Martin Truex Jr. "Sorry, Denver. But we gave it our best shot to have NASCAR's most prestigious trophy join the Broncos' Super Bowl trophy in the Mile High City."

AZ Snake Fan
02-23-2016, 07:03 PM

Some wild stuff at Daytona !

Congrats to Johnny Sauter !
Hard to believe it was the first Chevy Truck win ever at Daytona !
Glad to see Christopher Bell walk away. Wow ! :eek:

Congrats to Chase on the Sprint Cup P1 and holding off Joey for the NXS win.

Amazing how similar Jr's and Chase's spin outs were in the 500.

Actually, the Duals were a great prelude to the 500.
In the first Dual, Jr and Denny battled it out.
Those two cars were awesome.
In the second Dual, Toyo teamwork dominated with Kyle taking the win.

When all those Toyos got together in the 500, it was all over.
JGR and TRD, again, are way ahead of the rest of the teams.

The 88 was the only car that had a chance to challenge Hamlin.
Jr worked hard to get back up to the front then got too aggressive.

Congrats to Denny on his Daytona Sprint Cup win !!

On to Atlanta !!!

Peanut
02-27-2016, 07:04 PM

Some wild stuff at Daytona !

Congrats to Johnny Sauter !
Hard to believe it was the first Chevy Truck win ever at Daytona !
Glad to see Christopher Bell walk away. Wow ! :eek:

Congrats to Chase on the Sprint Cup P1 and holding off Joey for the NXS win.

Amazing how similar Jr's and Chase's spin outs were in the 500.

Actually, the Duals were a great prelude to the 500.
In the first Dual, Jr and Denny battled it out.
Those two cars were awesome.
In the second Dual, Toyo teamwork dominated with Kyle taking the win.

When all those Toyos got together in the 500, it was all over.
JGR and TRD, again, are way ahead of the rest of the teams.

The 88 was the only car that had a chance to challenge Hamlin.
Jr worked hard to get back up to the front then got too aggressive.

Congrats to Denny on his Daytona Sprint Cup win !!

On to Atlanta !!!

Fun week. :D

What do you all think about the Caution Clock in the Truck series? Last week it didn't come into play. It did today.

I knew it would eventually happen but not too pleased that the Chase format went to all series. I didn't think they needed it.

AZ Snake Fan
03-05-2016, 08:43 PM

Fun week. :D

What do you all think about the Caution Clock in the Truck series? Last week it didn't come into play. It did today.

I knew it would eventually happen but not too pleased that the Chase format went to all series. I didn't think they needed it.

The caution clock yellow comes out after 20 green laps or starts over after every caution.
I'm going to have to defer judgement on that particular new rule until the season progresses.
There's some pros and cons but it could fit into a lot of the crew chiefs' strategy plans.

The new rules involving hp, aero, down-force etc over the past few years can be confusing.
One thing for sure is that JGR and TRD have made amazing strides in spite of the changes.
They really look like they've been doing their homework again this season.
Seems to me that TRD is willing to put in more off season effort than Ford or Chevy.

Yeah Peanut, I was surprised that the Trucks and Xfinity went to the Chase format.
I would rather see the old Winston Cup point system for all of them lol.
I'd rather see them fight for points until the end than have non-Chase drivers causing yellows.
Guess the Chase format makes more money for NASCAR.

Congrats to Kyle for his Xfinity win today !
Here's to a good one tomorrow !!
:beer:

kDa6wpas3jM

o6XnPA-ZYh8

AZ Snake Fan
03-11-2016, 06:44 PM

RGR looked real strong here today at the quals for Sunday's Sprint Car race.
P1: Kyle
P2: Carl
P3: Denny

Most of the Chevys had a BAD day :eek:

Peanut
03-12-2016, 11:07 PM

RGR looked real strong here today at the quals for Sunday's Sprint Car race.
P1: Kyle
P2: Carl
P3: Denny

Most of the Chevys had a BAD day :eek:

Just finished watching quals. What an odd day for the 5 and 48.

IndyCar starts tomorrow! :D

Oh, and I love the ads in your previous post. :D

BroncosFanInPA
03-13-2016, 04:00 PM
WOW! What an awesome finish & nice job by both harvick & edwards to not wreck each other :clap:

Best driver/car won the race & dam is harvick crazy good at that track, he dominated the second half & to hold carl off when he had the 2 fresh tires, just super impressive.

Harvick now has 8 wins there & they may want to consider renaming the track to Harick International Raceway

Peanut
03-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Former NFL Player John Lynch named honorary race official: Auto Club Speedway announced that Super Bowl Champion John Lynch will be behind the wheel of the Official NASCAR 2016 Toyota Camry Pace Car as he leads the field of 39 stock cars before the start of the Auto Club 400 on Sunday. As an Honorary Race Official, Lynch will be involved with pre-race ceremony activities including driver introductions and special NASCAR awards. He will be joined by Miss Sprint Cup, Jon Foreman of Switchfoot, Kevin Ortiz, Regional Mexican Artist, USMC Staff Sergeant Charlie Linville, Actor Eric Dane, and other dignitaries. A 15-year NFL veteran, Lynch played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Denver Broncos, earning 9 Pro Bowls in his career. He was a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year. He now works as an Analyst for the NFL on FOX. (ACS)(3-19-2016)

Cool. One of my favorite Broncos in one of my favorite sports. :D

BroncosFanInPA
03-20-2016, 04:12 PM
Really good race today, the action on the track was good & there was alot of passing all throughout the field...hard hit for larson & bad move by kasey kahne wrecking danica.

Now the part i have a problem with & how this race ended...harvick should have won & had it wrapped up until cry baby kyle decided to stay on the track after his flat tire & rubbing the wall, he clearly had an opportunity to get into the pits but chose not to & it most likley stems from yesterday.

I saw the crazy finish of the xfinity race where kyle had it won until he blew a tire but nascar did not throw the caution on the last lap & of course he was all bent out of shape & pouting like he has so many times in the past...so how i see it is he figured he would force there hand today & what dam difference was it to him at that point because he was done either way so he screwed harvick by staying out there.

AZ Snake Fan
03-22-2016, 08:14 PM

Great to see John Lynch driving the pace car.

Glad Larson was okay after that run in with the safer barrier !
Wow, all four wheels in the air after that jolt !!

Danika took Kasey out behind the garage after the race:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2660296/girl-knocks-guy-out-o.gif

ELWAY421
03-23-2016, 07:22 PM
Go 88!!!

That is all.

Peanut
04-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Go 88!!!

That is all.

Nice come back for JR today.

I have 3 drivers I really like in Cup. Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson and Joey Logano. I'm starting to change my mind about Joey.

Broncoholic JS
04-09-2016, 10:24 PM
MTJs crew chief should be ashamed of himself! Ughhhhh

Congrats again Kyle!

Peanut
04-17-2016, 09:48 AM
Peyton is with JR today on the intro truck. Hubby was wondering why JR was with a Bronco because he's a huge Redskins fan. They both rep Nationwide.

BroncosFanInPA
04-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Good racing today, lots of action on track & it was nice to see some of the smaller teams get great finishes today.

I must also say what a sad sight looking at the stands today... the attendance was so bad, lucky if there was 50,000 there today & it shows big time in an arena that holds 160,000.

Bristol was once the toughest ticket of them all & mainly the night race, but now you can have your pick of seats...sad times for the sport.

ELWAY421
04-17-2016, 07:16 PM
I must also say what a sad sight looking at the stands today... the attendance was so bad, lucky if there was 50,000 there today & it shows big time in an arena that holds 160,000.

Bristol was once the toughest ticket of them all & mainly the night race, but now you can have your pick of seats...sad times for the sport.

Man, you said it. That's the first thing I thought when I got a look at the stands.

I'm happy the JR bounced back after a rough start though.

I also think if Manning chooses broadcasting he'll be a natural. He seemed pretty comfortable up in the booth with Gordon & Waltrip.

kingelway7
04-18-2016, 08:34 AM

I noticed that right away too. I was shocked with how empty the stands were. I dont think its as much as people not wanting to attend as it is the pricing. Bristol is expensive - very expensive for a short track. Martinsville is as liitle as $50 for the very highest seat (center of turns 3 & 4) where as in Bristol, the very lowest seat is $75 (Turn 2 and half way down back stretch).

Id love to see a race at Bristol. But its out in the middle of nowhere, so between the cost it would take to get there plus the crazy high price for a ticket, its just nearly unaffordable.

Luckily I live in Daytona Beach so I get the Duals, the 500, and the Coke Zero 400 to go to every year to not have to worry about shelling out anything for travel costs.:smug:

Freyaka
04-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Good racing today, lots of action on track & it was nice to see some of the smaller teams get great finishes today.

The sport has done it to itself...I can't pinpoint what exactly has caused me to lose interest, but the chase, the aero package ect... Racing just isn't fun to watch anymore. If I was going to watch a race I'd skip to 20 to go and watch the finish. To me it's become extremely boring overall, this coming from someone who used to really enjoy watching the sport.

Peanut
04-18-2016, 03:33 PM
We usually go to Dover once a year. This year we're by-passing it so that we can go to the Red Sox games in August (in Baltimore). We have a huge David Ortiz fan and she'll be able to see a couple of games of his last season.

We might not go next year because I want to see an IndyCar race. They were in Baltimore for a couple of years but I didn't want to go because of the madhouse I thought it would be. So if they're in Pocono next year, we'll probably go.

Got to pick and choose where the money goes. :D

ELWAY421
04-18-2016, 04:17 PM
The sport has done it to itself...I can't pinpoint what exactly has caused me to lose interest, but the chase, the aero package ect... Racing just isn't fun to watch anymore. If I was going to watch a race I'd skip to 20 to go and watch the finish. To me it's become extremely boring overall, this coming from someone who used to really enjoy watching the sport.

It all started for me when Dale Earnhardt SR passed. I still follow, but it isn't the same.

Freyaka
04-18-2016, 04:58 PM
It all started for me when Dale Earnhardt SR passed. I still follow, but it isn't the same.

Three years ago I watched every race, two years ago I started skipping through most of the race....I watched two races last year and haven't watched a single one this year...

BroncosFanInPA
04-18-2016, 05:03 PM

I think it is a combination of things, a few of them you mentioned like the constant changes being made, rules packages adjusted on the fly.

But i think it's also the fact there just aren't really any rivalries anymore & much of that is nascars fault for running the show with an iron fist.

I would also say there was a lack of good talent coming into the cup series to replace the guys that have left, that is up until this season...ryan blaney & chase elliott both looking pretty good, so maybe there is some hope.

And of course you have the double whammy of Gordon & Stewart leaving in back to back years & tony hasn't even got on track yet this season because of his injury...those are/were two of the biggest stars nascar has had over the past 20 years & you can't just replace that kind of star power overnight.

ELWAY421
04-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Three years ago I watched every race, two years ago I started skipping through most of the race....I watched two races last year and haven't watched a single one this year...

Yeah, it started before that for me. Don't get me wrong I still follow, and I'm a JR fan, but I'd rather go to a Indy race or maybe some World of Outlaws.

ELWAY421
04-19-2016, 07:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8XvwEyfH5c

I miss ol Benny & Ned too.

kingelway7
04-19-2016, 08:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8XvwEyfH5c

I remember watching that live. Sadly no one knew at the time that was to be his final win. I remember he nearly had another win earlier in the season at Pocono but Mayfield used Earhardts signature move against him, getting Earnhart loose on the last turn of the final lap to get around him and get the win. Earnhardt had only 1 win that entire season to go along with many 2nd place finishes. If he had turned a few of those 2nd's into wins, he would have gotten his 8th championship.

Earnhardt (w/ RCR) and DEI were gonna be the teams to beat in 2001. Sadly, we never got to see that though:sad:

ELWAY421
04-19-2016, 09:05 AM
I remember watching that live. Sadly no one knew at the time that was to be his final win. I remember he nearly had another win earlier in the season at Pocono but Mayfield used Earhardts signature move against him, getting Earnhart loose on the last turn of the final lap to get around him and get the win. Earnhardt had only 1 win that entire season to go along with many 2nd place finishes. If he had turned a few of those 2nd's into wins, he would have gotten his 8th championship.

Earnhardt (w/ RCR) and DEI were gonna be the teams to beat in 2001. Sadly, we never got to see that though:sad:

I still have that race on vhs lol. I remember watching the Pocono race too. I believe they ran it on a Monday due to rain delay.

BroncosFanInPA
04-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Tony is back! :rockon:

Lots of good things today...1st this news, then i accepted a promotion at work to assistant manager & then when i got home i found my prize for winning the survivor game...autographed DT picture. :)

http://www.tonystewart.com/blog/2016/04/21/stewart-to-return-at-richmond-

KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (April 21, 2016) – Tony Stewart has been cleared by his doctors and NASCAR to return to racing, effective immediately. He will drive the No. 14 Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy Chevrolet SS fielded by Stewart-Haas Racing throughout this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway.

Stewart missed the first eight races of the season after sustaining a burst fracture of the L1 vertebra in a Jan. 31 all-terrain vehicle accident. The prescribed rehabilitation regimen instituted by his doctors following a March 9 evaluation proved successful, allowing the three-time series champion to return for his final Sprint Cup season.

“As soon as the doctors said they were happy with my scans, I wasn’t going to wait any longer to get back in my racecar,” said Stewart, who announced last year that he would retire after the 2016 season. “I want to make the most of my last season in Sprint Cup, and I’ve been on the sidelines long enough.”

Following Richmond, Stewart will participate in a Goodyear tire test April 26-27 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He will then practice and qualify his No. 14 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet in the Sprint Cup Series’ next event at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. However, Stewart will only start the race before yielding the car to Ty Dillon, who split substitute driving duties this year with Brian Vickers.

“We’re taking a strategic approach to my return,” Stewart said. “Richmond is a track where I feel very comfortable and because it’s a short track, the speeds are substantially less. The Goodyear test in Indy is sort of a controlled environment, allowing me to get more acclimated with my car at higher speeds. We’ll start the Talladega race to get the points, but understanding the style of racing and the higher potential of getting involved in an incident, we thought it was best to minimize the amount of time I’m in the car. I’ll return fulltime at Kansas and enjoy every moment I can in my final year of Sprint Cup.

“I appreciate everyone’s patience and all the support they’ve given me the last couple of months, but the best medicine will come this weekend at Richmond when I finally get to go racing.”

Richmond will mark Stewart’s 591st career Sprint Cup start. Thirty-three of those starts have come at Richmond, where Stewart has three wins, four second-place finishes, 11 top-fives, 19 top-10s and has led a total of 950 laps. Richmond is home to Stewart’s his first career Sprint Cup win, earned on Sept. 11, 1999 when he led 333 of 400 laps.
-SHR-

AZ Snake Fan
04-21-2016, 05:44 PM

Lots of good things today...1st this news, then i accepted a promotion at work to assistant manager & then when i got home i found my prize for winning the survivor game...autographed DT picture. :)

Good for you PA !
Congratulations on your promotion !!
Autographed DT pic: Priceless !!!
:beer: :D

Peanut
04-22-2016, 02:01 PM

Glad you got your prize. Thanks for patiently waiting.

Good to see Tony back.

I'm glad Tony spoke up and I'm glad the drivers are backing him.

UPDATE 2: The Sprint Cup Drivers Council released a statement Thursday night on Tony Stewart's punishment from NASCAR, supporting the three-time champion and announcing it would pay his $35,000 fine. The statement was released exclusively to NBC Sports through Drivers Council member Denny Hamlin. The statement reads:
"We as drivers believe Tony has the right to speak his opinion on topics that pertain to a sport that he has spent nearly two decades helping build as both a driver and an owner. While we do not condone drivers lashing out freely at NASCAR, we do feel Tony was in his rights to state his opinion. We as a Council support him and do not agree with the fine. Therefore, we fellow council members have agreed to contribute equally to paying his fine."
The Drivers Council was formed last year and meets periodically with NASCAR to discuss various issues from competition to safety. It added Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch this year to a group that included returning members Hamlin, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Stewart, Kyle Larson, Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano.(NBC Sports)(4-22-2016)

AZ Snake Fan
04-22-2016, 08:16 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/4940/FjLHrt.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/2201/5tQ0ix.jpg

Smoke looks good and so does his ride !

Quals were washed out today.
Kevin gets P1 and Joey P2 based on first practice times.
Smoke starts P18, hope he does well Sunday !!!

Here's a complete list of the rest of the grid:
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings/results/2016/toyota-owners-400.raceResults.qualifying.html

BroncosFanInPA
04-26-2016, 05:25 PM
glad to see nascar do the right thing with the whole lugnut deal...because obviously some teams were doing it while some were not & no doubt there was a big advantage with shorter pit stops.

now it should be even for all teams & gets back to just being better than the other guys & not doing less, not to mention the potential safety part of the whole thing.

now onto this week & something related to tony that i don't really agree with on how things could play out...so he is going to start the race but then get out of the car & let ty dillon finish because of the potential for the big crash & we all know it will happen, not if but when.

So what is the problem you ask? Ok so tony gets the points for the race & let's just say for the sake of it that dillon wins the race & it could easily happen & maybe i'm wrong here, but if i'm not mistaken i believe tony then would be credited for a win & i feel that would be wrong.

If this occurred, it would essentially put tony into the chase as long as he cracks the top 30 & that should not be an issue...only needs to average around 20th per race.

As much as i love smoke...to me that would be so wrong & seem so hollow & i would hate to see him get in that way, i would like to see him earn on his own

BroncosFanInPA
05-01-2016, 04:20 PM
What a complete mess today...it's about all i can say.

i still think they should either try taking the plates off at dega & daytona, or just stop racing there because it's nothing more than smash up derby everytime they race there.

for crying out loud they said that 33 of the 40 cars were involved in some sort of crash at some point. :brick:

kingelway7
05-01-2016, 06:10 PM
It was a depressing day for me. 50 laps in and Jr is out of it. Same way as Daytona. Then to pour salt in the wound, Edwards takes Jr out for a 2nd time.

Peanut
05-02-2016, 03:34 PM
What a complete mess today...it's about all i can say.

i still think they should either try taking the plates off at dega & daytona, or just stop racing there because it's nothing more than smash up derby everytime they race there.

for crying out loud they said that 33 of the 40 cars were involved in some sort of crash at some point. :brick:

Some scary crashes.

They had a chance to change things at Daytona when they repaved the track a few years ago. All they had to do was to take some of the banking out. It would have slowed the cars down, no restrictor plate needed. Not sure why they didn't.

It was a depressing day for me. 50 laps in and Jr is out of it. Same way as Daytona. Then to pour salt in the wound, Edwards takes Jr out for a 2nd time.

I felt bad for JR. Talk about a bad day.

Freyaka
05-04-2016, 04:17 PM
As someone who really doesn't like Kyle Busch...I'm so conflicted right now....

http://i.imgur.com/YBJGM1Y.jpg

kingelway7
05-06-2016, 07:24 AM

Me too!!!

I have always like Kurt Busch but was never a fan of Kyle. I felt that he was arrogant and whiny. Then I found out that he is a huge Broncos fan. I thought maybe he was a band wagoner but then I remember he is from Las Vegas, so geographically it makes sense he is a Broncos fan.

It pains be a little that I dont dislike Kyle now as much as I used too. He also is really nice and really generous to his fans, from what Ive read. That too has softened my dislike of him.

Ill admit, he is a heck of a great driver, but his attitude at the track is a turn off.

Peanut
05-06-2016, 12:01 PM

He's been a fan for years. He dresses his son in Broncos gear. Check out his Twitter around SB. He was also at one of the playoff games (on the sidelines, of course).

Peanut
05-06-2016, 12:30 PM
I understand not wanting people to make money off of the Earnhardt name, but really? As Kelley said, it's their name, they were born with it.

Teresa Earnhardt files appeal in case against Kerry Earnhardt over Earnhardt name
(http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/05/06/teresa-earnhardt-files-appeal-in-case-against-kerry-earnhardt-over-earnhardt-name/) Tweet from Kelley Earnhardt-Miller: "Hate that my brother & family have to deal w/ this nonsense for over 4 yrs. It's our name too! We were born w/ it!"

From Jayski:
Kerry, Teresa Earnhardt in battle over last name: Teresa Earnhardt, known for being staunchly protective of the Dale Earnhardt brand and marks, is trying to keep a couple from using "Earnhardt" in the name of homes they developed. That couple? Dale Earnhardt's son Kerry Earnhardt and Kerry's wife, Rene. Teresa Earnhardt, Kerry's stepmother and Dale's widow, doesn't want the couple to use the name Earnhardt Collection and filed an appeal last week in federal court over a U.S. Patent and Trademark Office ruling that denied Teresa's challenge to the "Earnhardt Collection" trademark applied for by Kerry Earnhardt Inc.
"Rene and I have worked extremely hard to develop the Earnhardt Collection brand and make it uniquely ours," Kerry Earnhardt said in a statement to ESPN.com "I chose to leave a successful career in racing and could not be happier with what we've been able to achieve in the five years we've been building our home lifestyle brand inspired by our love of the outdoors."
Teresa Earnhardt didn't testify in the [trademark] case but states in her appeal that the name Earnhardt Collection is likely to deceive or cause confusion among people that the homes and products are endorsed by Dale Earnhardt or by her. Kelley Earnhardt-Miller, daughter of Dale and second wife Brenda Jackson, testified that no one has confused the Earnhardt Collection of being associated with her brother, Dale Earnhardt Jr.(ESPN.com)(5-7-2016)

AZ Snake Fan
05-06-2016, 06:31 PM

Teresa is being a pain.
If Kelley doesn't mind, I'm sure Jr doesn't either.

Here is Jr's ride for Kansas:

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/8976/L2f7I2.jpg

ELWAY421
05-06-2016, 07:01 PM
I understand not wanting people to make money off of the Earnhardt name, but really? As Kelley said, it's their name, they were born with it.

Teresa Earnhardt files appeal in case against Kerry Earnhardt over Earnhardt name
(http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/05/06/teresa-earnhardt-files-appeal-in-case-against-kerry-earnhardt-over-earnhardt-name/) Tweet from Kelley Earnhardt-Miller: "Hate that my brother & family have to deal w/ this nonsense for over 4 yrs. It's our name too! We were born w/ it!"

From Jayski:
Kerry, Teresa Earnhardt in battle over last name: Teresa Earnhardt, known for being staunchly protective of the Dale Earnhardt brand and marks, is trying to keep a couple from using "Earnhardt" in the name of homes they developed. That couple? Dale Earnhardt's son Kerry Earnhardt and Kerry's wife, Rene. Teresa Earnhardt, Kerry's stepmother and Dale's widow, doesn't want the couple to use the name Earnhardt Collection and filed an appeal last week in federal court over a U.S. Patent and Trademark Office ruling that denied Teresa's challenge to the "Earnhardt Collection" trademark applied for by Kerry Earnhardt Inc.
"Rene and I have worked extremely hard to develop the Earnhardt Collection brand and make it uniquely ours," Kerry Earnhardt said in a statement to ESPN.com "I chose to leave a successful career in racing and could not be happier with what we've been able to achieve in the five years we've been building our home lifestyle brand inspired by our love of the outdoors."
Teresa Earnhardt didn't testify in the [trademark] case but states in her appeal that the name Earnhardt Collection is likely to deceive or cause confusion among people that the homes and products are endorsed by Dale Earnhardt or by her. Kelley Earnhardt-Miller, daughter of Dale and second wife Brenda Jackson, testified that no one has confused the Earnhardt Collection of being associated with her brother, Dale Earnhardt Jr.(ESPN.com)(5-7-2016)

I never got into the details but I feel like she was a big reason why Dale Jr left DEI. I never knew anything about what you posted but I support Kerry. She's made plenty of money from Dale's name, and what Kerry is doing doesn't sound like anything to benefit from anything imo.

AZ Snake Fan
05-13-2016, 02:30 PM

Quals rained out today for Sprint Cup.
Starting grid will be based on first practice times:
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings/results/2016/aaa-400-drive-for-autism.raceResults.practice1.html
Here's to a good one at Dover Sunday !!!

Peanut
05-13-2016, 02:55 PM

Quals rained out today for Sprint Cup.
Starting grid will be based on first practice times:
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/standings/results/2016/aaa-400-drive-for-autism.raceResults.practice1.html
Here's to a good one at Dover Sunday !!!

I guess what rain we got moved to Dover. Not a bad time to skip going there. We did a rain day a few years ago. Not fun.

The ladies from NY that we meet up with are probably having a blast. :D

BroncosFanInPA
05-14-2016, 07:50 PM
So i just watched NASCAR - The Rise Of American Speed, part 1 of 3.

Really interesting documentary on how the sport got started...can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Peanut
05-14-2016, 09:45 PM
So i just watched NASCAR - The Rise Of American Speed, part 1 of 3.

Really interesting documentary on how the sport got started...can't wait to see the rest of the series.

I'll have to see if they show it again.

Watched the Xfinity race this evening. They really need to get more consistent in their calls. Penalizing Sadler at the start when someone was pushing him (Dillon)? Fine. If that's the rule. But not to penalize Dillon when he crossed the line first? Pick a line. He crossed it first. If they use electronics for everything else, it seems like they can use it for starts/restarts. They either jumped or they didn't. Take the judgement call out.

They showed the replays of the accidents that happened in practice from Friday. Dover had added SAFER walls in turn 3 (inside walls). If there's a wall, it should be a soft wall. They should know that a car will find a way to hit it.

BroncosFanInPA
05-15-2016, 02:48 PM
WOW! what a race that was, i was a little bummed when tony had problems but he wasn't doing great anyway...was gonna finish around 20th.

But man the madness that ensued right after he went out, with johnson having problems causing a pileup & then that awesome battle for the win over the final 20 laps...that was exciting.

I thought larson was gonna get it & at one point was side by side with matt & i thought he should have kept his foot on the gas right there, but he raced him very clean...larson will win soon & probably elliott as well.

Peanut
05-15-2016, 09:59 PM
WOW! what a race that was, i was a little bummed when tony had problems but he wasn't doing great anyway...was gonna finish around 20th.

But man the madness that ensued right after he went out, with johnson having problems causing a pileup & then that awesome battle for the win over the final 20 laps...that was exciting.

I thought larson was gonna get it & at one point was side by side with matt & i thought he should have kept his foot on the gas right there, but he raced him very clean...larson will win soon & probably elliott as well.

I avoided this thread until after I watched the race on DVR. :D

It was a good race. Larson could have won it if he was the kind to bump and run or "move" the other driver.

Two things kind of annoy me. Drivers who get upset with other drivers for doing the same things that they've done to other drivers (how's that for a sentence :smug: ). I'm talking about Edwards and his remarks about Larson. Wasn't it Edwards who moved a teammate once? It was Larson's fault that he got loose?

The other thing is when Larson apologizes in situations when it's not his fault. Not so much today, but he's done it in the past. His politeness and respect for others is part of why I like him, but in this sport, he's going to have to stop taking the blame unless it is absolutely his fault. The other drivers are going to walk all over him.

AZ Snake Fan
05-15-2016, 10:37 PM

47 to go:
EwovdRKcDcQ

Way to go Jimmie Boy !
After that one, I was pulling for Kyle Larson or Chase Elliot.
Down to the end I was screaming at Kyle.
You're right Peanut, he was just too nice.
Matt would have slammed him out of the way if things were reversed.

~~~

Here's Jr talking with Bill back in the day:

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/2889/nAZwZr.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/5239/RVzEB4.jpg

kingelway7
05-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Jr can not catch any breaks. His car started off good and then regressed more and more as the race went on. Then that big wreck happens with 47 to go and Jr just about catches a break and dodges around the pile up until Casey Mears shoots up the track and slams into Jr. After falling further and further back, Jr could have caught a huge break had Mears not hit him. Then almost everyone involved in that big wreck is able to make repairs and get back on the track except Jr. He cant get back on the track and finishes 32nd. Finishing the worst out of everyone in the top 10 in points. Jr has now dropped all the way to 13th in points.

This has been a very frustrating year. Jr started the season out good (except Daytona), but since finishing 5th in Phoenix, its been mostly abysmal. Jr caught a couple breaks since then such as in Texas and Bristol but then look at other tracks that hes always good that this year have been disasters - Talledega, Richmond, the blunder at Martinsville which was maddening.

Starting in June, 3 out of 4 races are at favorable tracks for Jr, so hopefully things will turn around and Jr will get a win.

BroncosFanInPA
05-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Well i got 2 things to say about the coke 600...

1st & foremost - WOW! What a hell of a race by truex & the #78 team - 392 laps led!!! what an absolute ass kicking they gave the entire field & it could not have happened to a better person :clap:

Now 2nd & my rant...my man smoke #14 - i simply cannot believe how horrible a performance that team (or is it mainly the driver) put out on the track tonight. the 14 car finished 24th & -5 laps off the lead lap :ugh:

Did i expect a win? no but i'm always hopeful...did i expect - 5 laps & 24th? HELL NO! :mad: If this is how he is gonna go out, then what a sad sad time for him & all his fans :sad:

Peanut
05-29-2016, 10:36 PM
Well i got 2 things to say about the coke 600...

1st & foremost - WOW! What a hell of a race by truex & the #78 team - 392 laps led!!! what an absolute ass kicking they gave the entire field & it could not have happened to a better person :clap:

Now 2nd & my rant...my man smoke #14 - i simply cannot believe how horrible a performance that team (or is it mainly the driver) put out on the track tonight. the 14 car finished 24th & -5 laps off the lead lap :ugh:

Did i expect a win? no but i'm always hopeful...did i expect - 5 laps & 24th? HELL NO! :mad: If this is how he is gonna go out, then what a sad sad time for him & all his fans :sad:

Congrats to Truex and team. I'm glad there wasn't a late caution, although they really tried.

Sherry should forget the wig. She looks so good with short hair.

Hopefully things will get better for Tony.

Peanut
06-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Condolences to the Jones' family and friends.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/06/11/erik-jones-racing-with-heavy-heart-after-revealing-death-of-his-father/

AZ Snake Fan
06-12-2016, 09:20 PM

Yes Peanut, condolences to the Jones' family and friends.
What a wonderful letter he wrote to his Dad !
Erik fought hard in that race and I know his Dad would be proud.

Congrats to Suarez on his first Xfinity win.

Congrats to Elliot and Larson on quite a battle today.
Chase and Kyle are two youngsters with big careers ahead !

And finally, congrats to Smoke for staying in the top ten all day !!!

kingelway7
06-14-2016, 01:58 PM
Another race, another early end to Jr's day. He had a fast car at a favorable track to him and to have it end so early on is disappointing and frustrating. The ups and down seem like its never gonna end. Three straight weeks now, drivers who have been so close all season only to fail to win, have now won (Truex, Busch, Logano). Hopefully Jr is next. I dont expect it at Sonoma, as Jr has always had ups and downs there. After that is Daytona where it may be his best shot at a win prior to the Chase. Ill be there too, so Im really hoping for a 2nd consecutive with for Jr in the CZ 400.

Aside from Jr, Im happy for Tony Stewart. It was great seeing him run up in the top 10 all day and finish 7th. He's now 45 pts out of 30th in points. Im sure he can get into the top 30. Im hoping he can pull out a win though. Despite being a life long Earnhardt/Jr fan, Ive always been a big fan of Tony too.. It would be great to see him in the Chase. Tony is the only driver I wouldnt mind winning the CZ 400 if Jr doesnt. If Jr and Tony are both up towards the front at the end of the race, itll be hard to not pull for Tony to win over Jr.

Peanut
06-19-2016, 11:35 AM
I was hoping Erik Jones would have a good day. In the garage is not good.

kingelway7
06-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Smoke wins at Sonoma!!! I still can't believe that turn 11 pass. Barring a disaster, Stewart will be in the Chase.

Once again Jr has a great car and once again he gets hit with bad luck and finishes outside of the top 10.

Daytona next. Under the lights. It's Jr's time to get a win. Cause if not next week, than when before the Chase...?

Again, thrilled for Stewart. After what he's been through in the last 3 years since his last win, he derserved a day like today.

BroncosFanInPA
06-26-2016, 04:30 PM
WOW! what a finish, what a win!

But guys i what an honest answer or opinion on what happened there on the final lap because as happy as i am about tony finally getting the monkey off his back & winning...i have some doubt in my mind if it was legit.

Obviously he got a great break after pitting with 24 to go & the caution falling right away & i questioned that to start with as to if nascar was trying to throw him a bone, but there was a spring rubber laying on the track so that was just a fortunate break that put him in the lead.

Then he IMO did a great job holding the lead for the last 20 laps but for that final lap when hamlin just clipped him slightly in i think turn 7 & got the lead because tony got loose so i figured it was over at that point & this is where i need to know what you all think about the finish...

Did hamlin "give it back" in the final turn? why did he go so high in turn 11?? was it a setup for tony to win? god i hate to think it but i want you guys honest thoughts on that final lap???

ELWAY421
06-26-2016, 05:03 PM

But guys i what an honest answer or opinion on what happened there on the final lap because as happy as i am about tony finally getting the monkey off his back & winning...i have some doubt in my mind if it was legit.

Obviously he got a great break after pitting with 24 to go & the caution falling right away & i questioned that to start with as to if nascar was trying to throw him a bone, but there was a spring rubber laying on the track so that was just a fortunate break that put him in the lead.

Then he IMO did a great job holding the lead for the last 20 laps but for that final lap when hamlin just clipped him slightly in i think turn 7 & got the lead because tony got loose so i figured it was over at that point & this is where i need to know what you all think about the finish...

Did hamlin "give it back" in the final turn? why did he go so high in turn 11?? was it a setup for tony to win? god i hate to think it but i want you guys honest thoughts on that final lap???

Congrats dude! Long time coming.... Now if the 88 can just get one lol.

I missed

ELWAY421
06-26-2016, 05:04 PM
The end of the race. I was outside and it came across my phone that Stewart got the W.

Peanut
06-26-2016, 07:17 PM

Well, I'll give you my opinion tomorrow after I watch the race. We were out all day. I've avoided things online and this thread. I went to check a CP I got.....Came from a NASCAR fan... :laugh:

Without seeing the race, I would guess that Hamlin did not let Tony win. Yes, it's his last year. But I don't see anyone giving it to him. They're all too competitive. Even a teammate.

I'll come back to this tomorrow. :D

brianmcfarlane
06-27-2016, 06:54 AM

Being a NASCAR "fix"? I don't think so. I do suspect that Hamlin gave it to the "old guy" though. I doubt he went that wide on that turn any other time in the race and if IIRC Hamlin already has his win so no biggy to give it to Tony. :nono:

kingelway7
06-27-2016, 07:01 AM

Hamlin didnt go high in turn 11 on purpose, he went high because he went into the turn from the middle and not from the outside. The question I have is why did Hamlin get off the gas so early before the turn. Did he wheel hop a litte? It looked like it to me, and Gordon thought it too, but Hamlin said he didnt.

I think Hamlin, just mentally, lost it. I think Hamlin's career average finish at Sonoma prior to yesterday was somewhere in the mid 20s. Going into turn 11 for the final time, with the chance to actually win, Hamlin tried too hard to not screw up but he over thought and it cost him.

If Hamlin let up anywhere and gave Stewart a break, it was I believe with 2 laps to go. When Stewarts car just didnt stick into a turn and Hamlin got under him and they were door to door for a moment. Hamlin seemed to go easy and let up there, allowing Stewart to pull back ahead, when it seemed to me that Hamlin could have kept going and gotten the lead.

In the end, great day for Stewart. He is on the board with a Win, finally after 3 years, and is on his way to being in the Chase (baring a disaster).

Im just glad I wont have to feel compelled to pull for Stewart this weekend if there was a scenario where he and Jr were racing each other at the front:D

Freyaka
06-27-2016, 08:20 AM

No, honestly, it looked like Denny got too worried about what Tony was doing behind him and carried too much speed into the corner and couldn't hold it down. Hamlin isn't the kind of driver to give anyone anything.

ebsoria
06-27-2016, 08:35 AM
Ill have to share pics and video later... I was at the race with tickets to a VIP suit. We were broguth down to the pits before the race, allowed to hang out with the pit crews during driver introduction as they prepped tires and tools, etc,, then asked to stay with them for the National Anthem and also while the cars fired up and made their way to the track. What a race! And fantastic ending!!!!

Got up close to Danica and saw how itty bitty she is! Amazing day!!!

Freyaka
06-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Ill have to share pics and video later... I was at the race with tickets to a VIP suit. We were broguth down to the pits before the race, allowed to hang out with the pit crews during driver introduction as they prepped tires and tools, etc,, then asked to stay with them for the National Anthem and also while the cars fired up and made their way to the track. What a race! And fantastic ending!!!!

Got up close to Danica and saw how itty bitty she is! Amazing day!!!

That woman is tiny...

kingelway7
06-27-2016, 11:23 AM
That woman is tiny...

She really is. When she won the pole for the 500, I was in victory lane during the celebration for her winning the pole and Gordon getting 2nd. For a guy, Im short at only 5'5", and Danica came to about my chin when I stood by her. Id say she is maybe 5 foot.

Gordon isnt real tall either. Him and I were almost at eye to eye, with him being just a tad taller.

Freyaka
06-27-2016, 01:07 PM
She really is. When she won the pole for the 500, I was in victory lane during the celebration for her winning the pole and Gordon getting 2nd. For a guy, Im short at only 5'5", and Danica came to about my chin when I stood by her. Id say she is maybe 5 foot.

Gordon isnt real tall either. Him and I were almost at eye to eye, with him being just a tad taller.

None of them really are honestly. What is funny though is one year I was at Kansas and Bobby Labonte and Michael Waltrip were sitting the wall next to each other. Bobby's feet were dangling and Waltrip's were touching the ground with his knees bent, thats how much of a size difference there was between the two.

FL BRONCO
06-27-2016, 04:47 PM

First off :clap::clap::clap:to you and Tony!!!!!!!:salute:

Here is my :2cents:

I think Denny got the lead by bumping Tony to begin with. Then in that last turn I think Denny might have been looking in his rear view too much and slid up in the turn and opened the door which Tony then proceeded to go through. Once Tony got position on him, he wasn't giving it up, he drove through the turn we all he had and Hamlin ended in the wall. Tony had the position imo. I'm very happy for Tony.

BroncosFanInPA
06-27-2016, 06:28 PM
well it's good to hear what everyone thought about things & clearly tony winning sparked a bit more interest than usual based on the amount of different posters commenting on it.

i can't remember the last time we had this many in this thread & it's a nice change from just a few of us, hope some of you stick around a little more.

anyway a quick & very impressive stat on tony...this win at sonoma was his 8th all time on a road course (5 watkins glen & 3 sonoma) - only jeff gordon has more with 9, so it would be cool if he could tie him later at the glen & his 5 wins there is most at the track for any driver.

Peanut
06-28-2016, 12:09 AM
It is nice to see some "new" faces. :D

Looking forward to seeing the pictures/videos, eb.

We watched the race tonight. I don't think Hamlin gave the race to Tony. Knowing what happened, I watched for certain things. Lap 3, Hamlin goes wide in turn 11 and Kyle Busch passed him. I saw him go wide a few more times in turn 11 and got passed. Not sure why.

Good race.

Congrats to Tony.

Canmore
06-28-2016, 02:15 AM
It is nice to see some "new" faces. :D

Looking forward to seeing the pictures/videos, eb.

We watched the race tonight. I don't think Hamlin gave the race to Tony. Knowing what happened, I watched for certain things. Lap 3, Hamlin goes wide in turn 11 and Kyle Busch passed him. I saw him go wide a few more times in turn 11 and got passed. Not sure why.

Good race.

Congrats to Tony.

That is how I saw it. You can't leave an opening like that.

Peanut
06-28-2016, 05:16 PM
Catching up on some weekend racing. Just watched the Trucks. Well, part of the Truck race. How dare they have a rain delay and 3 red flags. We always extend the recording time, just not enough this time.

I did get to see Crafton and Reddick crash. They are not my favorites. Didn't get to see Townley confront Gallagher.

BroncosFanInPA
06-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Catching up on some weekend racing. Just watched the Trucks. Well, part of the Truck race. How dare they have a rain delay and 3 red flags. We always extend the recording time, just not enough this time.

I did get to see Crafton and Reddick crash. They are not my favorites. Didn't get to see Townley confront Gallagher.

That fight was rather comical, it looked like they were mostly hugging each other & rolling around on the ground & i thought i saw a laugh in there somewhere. :laugh:

Peanut
06-28-2016, 11:25 PM
That fight was rather comical, it looked like they were mostly hugging each other & rolling around on the ground & i thought i saw a laugh in there somewhere. :laugh:

Putting on a show? I heard that they could get fined.

Prayers for Matt Tifft.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-xfinity-series-driver-matt-tifft-to-have-surgery-to-remove-brain-tumor/ar-AAhKz5a?li=BBnba9I&ocid=mailsignout

Peanut
07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Tony Stewart is paying tribute to Dale Earnhardt (https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/tony-stewart-has-sweet-dale-earnhardt-helmet-for-daytona-181850421.html).

How cool is that?

FL BRONCO
07-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Tony Stewart is paying tribute to Dale Earnhardt (https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/tony-stewart-has-sweet-dale-earnhardt-helmet-for-daytona-181850421.html).

How cool is that?

That is very classy and very Aaaawesome imho.:salute:

Peanut
07-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Congrats to Byron for his 4th win in Trucks (out of 10 races). He's 18. Very impressed with him

Congrats to KBM for their 51st win!

Remember. Next Truck race is on 20 July. In Eldora! So much fun to watch.

BroncosFanInPA
07-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Kentucky appeared to be a tough one for the field...lots of spins including the 48, old 6 time could not get a handle on the track.

The combination of the repave & added banking in turns 1 & 2 & low downforce made for challenging conditions but it put things more on the driver than the car which i think is a good thing, some guys got it & some didn't.

As does alot of times in these races it came down to a fuel race in the end, i thought brad k was gonna run out & somebody elese would win...for the life of me i can't understand why they decided to pit truex, he was flying & should have been able to make it unless he just burned up too much fuel getting through the field.

Another solid finish for tony in 5th as he was one of the fuel savers that made it...the 14 team is slowly gaining on things, i can only hope it continues on into the chase.

Side note: how bout the fire in the parking lot...who does that :doh: with the grill in the bed of the truck & they not only destroyed their truck but the 2 vehicles next to them :nono:

BroncosFanInPA
07-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Dale Jr is out for New Hampshire...hope he recovers soon, his chase chances will take a hit but his health is more important because this is the second time in a few years.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/7/14/dale-earnhardt-jr-missing-new-hampshire-race-with-concussion-symptoms.html

Hendrick Motorsports announced Thursday that Dale Earnhardt Jr. will not compete in this weekend's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway after experiencing concussion-like symptoms.

The team indicated in a statement that physicians did not clear Earnhardt to race after an evaluation this week. Alex Bowman, who drives part-time for Earnhardt's JR Motorsports team in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, was named as this weekend's interim driver in the Hendrick Motorsports No. 88 Chevrolet for Sunday's New Hampshire 301 (1:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN, SiriusXM).

Earnhardt started and finished 13th last weekend at Kentucky Speedway. The 41-year-old driver ranks 13th in the drivers' standings with eight races left in the regular season.

"I wasn't feeling great the week going into Kentucky and thought it was possibly severe allergies," Earnhardt said in a statement provided by the team. "I saw a family doctor and was given medication for allergies and a sinus infection. When that didn't help, I decided to dig a little deeper. Because of my symptoms and my history with concussions, and after my recent wrecks at Michigan and Daytona, I reached out and met with a neurological specialist. After further evaluation, they felt it was best for me to sit out.

"I'm disappointed about missing New Hampshire this weekend. I'm looking forward to treatment with the goal of getting back in the race car when the doctors say I'm ready."

The team indicated that there was no clear timetable for Earnhardt's return and that it would provide an update next week regarding his status for Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 24.

Earnhardt missed two Sprint Cup Series races in the 2012 season after suffering two concussions in a six-week stretch. This spring, Earnhardt said he would donate his brain to science upon his death, helping contribute to the growing research field of sports brain trauma. He said in April that he had contacted the Concussion Legacy Foundation and the Boston University center for CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy) studies.

"I'm proud of Dale for standing up," said Rick Hendrick. "The number-one priority is his health, so we're going to give him all the time he needs. We completely support the decision by the doctors and will be ready to go win races when he's 100 percent. In the meantime, we have full confidence in (crew chief) Greg (Ives) and the team, and we know they'll do a great job."

The development throws Earnhardt's postseason status into question. By missing a regular-season start for medical reasons, he would need a waiver from competition officials to be eligible for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup playoffs, provided he meets all other criteria -- a regular-season win plus top-30 standings in points, or qualifying as part of the top points-earners among the top 16 drivers. Earnhardt is currently 14th on the provisional Chase grid.

Peanut
07-14-2016, 10:15 PM
I hope he gets better quickly. I admire JR in that he has his priorities right.

roushmartin6
07-15-2016, 12:05 AM
Haven't been around much but have been watching as many races as I can this year. The Gibbs cars look like they might win the championship this year, Hendrick is struggling for the most part though Chase is doing a great job. Love seeing the Wood Brothers contending again and loved Tony Stewart win at Sonoma. And it looks like Roush FINALLY might be turning their program in the right direction. Also been watching F1 fanatically now that Haas F1 is there, they are doing a great job

ELWAY421
07-15-2016, 03:05 PM
Hopefully Jr can come back and get a win. I just read if he can't come back for Indy Gordon is gonna jump in the 88 lol.

Peanut
07-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Haven't been around much but have been watching as many races as I can this year. The Gibbs cars look like they might win the championship this year, Hendrick is struggling for the most part though Chase is doing a great job. Love seeing the Wood Brothers contending again and loved Tony Stewart win at Sonoma. And it looks like Roush FINALLY might be turning their program in the right direction. Also been watching F1 fanatically now that Haas F1 is there, they are doing a great job

Good to see you. I've been talking to myself in the F1 thread. :D

Hopefully Jr can come back and get a win. I just read if he can't come back for Indy Gordon is gonna jump in the 88 lol.

Gordon for the next two races. I heard they messed up his fire suit. Got the championship years mixed up with Johnson's.

I hope you all saw the Truck race at Eldora. Lots of fun.

Peanut
07-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Nice segment on Stewart. I hope he does well today.

They should have left Jimmy's name alone. :D

BroncosFanInPA
08-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Congrats to Chris Buescher on his first career cup win & boy will this shake things up for the chase.

Buescher is 31st in points but just 6 points out of 30th which would make him chase eligible & at the same time bump everyone from 13th on back in points down one spot & thus knock larson from 16th to 17th & put mcmurray on the bubble spot 9 points ahead of larson.

Hendrick teams in trouble outside of the 48...kahne & jr will have to win one of the last 5 races to get in & elliott in effect would drop to 15th, i believe +36 points ahead of 17th...hard to imagine hendrick could end up with just 1 chase driver but that's what this win by buescher has possibly done.

Smoke continues to gain momentum...last 7 races he has a win, 4 top 5 finishes & outside daytona, hasn't finished lower than 11th.

BroncosFanInPA
08-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Tony's throwback for darlington, in honor of Bobby Allison...of course i'm a little biased but that is one sweet lookin ride:thumb:

http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/nascar/images/2016/08/03/080316-NASCAR-Tony-Stewart-Darlington.jpg

ELWAY421
08-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Thinking about going to Mid Ohio tomorrow :D

Peanut
08-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Thinking about going to Mid Ohio tomorrow :D

Did you go?

Just watched the race today. That was more fun than Eldora. :D Congrats to Marks. He did an outstanding job in the rain.

I love the racing community. I wish they had named the other drivers that helped.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/tony-stewart-danica-patrick-bryan-clauson-benefit-auction-helmet-knoxville-nationals-081316

BroncosFanInPA
08-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Stupid rain!

this is looking like a very long night, if they can even get it in tonight...been a tough year with the weather.

really sucks for the fans that make the trip to the tracks

Peanut
08-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Stupid rain!

this is looking like a very long night, if they can even get it in tonight...been a tough year with the weather.

really sucks for the fans that make the trip to the tracks

Next day and it's still in rain delay.

We went to the Red Sox game in Baltimore Wednesday (posted pictures in Red Sox Nation). They played in the rain until the lightning started. We got soaked. Went from being in a sauna to being in an ice bath, which is unusual around here.

Hopefully, they'll get the race in today.

Peanut
08-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I haven't finished watching the IndyCar race from yesterday, but saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFGqoXBS46w

So glad that Castroneves is okay. You could see the tire marks on the side pod right next to his head.

Peanut
08-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Congrats to Kyle Larson and team!

His first Cup win and he's thinking of Bryan Clauson and family. One of the reasons I really like him.

BroncosFanInPA
08-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Congrats to Kyle Larson and team!

His first Cup win and he's thinking of Bryan Clauson and family. One of the reasons I really like him.

It was nice to see him finally get that win & get the monkey off his back, because he could have won at least a half dozen times or more.

Not sure what he heck was up with tony today... had been running really strong the last couple months but just wasn't good at all today. this package seems like it's tough to pass...seemed like most positions never changed much through the race.

CanDB
08-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Congrats to Amber Balcaen from The 'Peg, who became the first Canadian woman to win a NASCAR sanctioned event this weekend....in Radford, Virginia. This 24 year old did us proud! Not sure where this takes her, but I guess all that winter driving paid off!!!

http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20160622/female_nascar_26.jpg

Peanut
08-29-2016, 01:11 PM
It was nice to see him finally get that win & get the monkey off his back, because he could have won at least a half dozen times or more.

Not sure what he heck was up with tony today... had been running really strong the last couple months but just wasn't good at all today. this package seems like it's tough to pass...seemed like most positions never changed much through the race.

Some of it was his own fault. I remember mumbling, man you have to stop hitting the wall. :D Some of it was not his doing.

I think some of the teams try experimenting once they're in the Chase. I thought that's what Jimmie did, but last year it continued into the Chase.

I would love to see Kyle Larson, Kyle Busch, Tony and Truex at Homestead.

Some things I just read. Larson is the 27th driver to win in all 3 series. And he's the first graduate of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity to win a Cup race.

AZ Snake Fan
08-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Some of it was his own fault. I remember mumbling, man you have to stop hitting the wall. :D Some of it was not his doing.

I think some of the teams try experimenting once they're in the Chase. I thought that's what Jimmie did, but last year it continued into the Chase.

I would love to see Kyle Larson, Kyle Busch, Tony and Truex at Homestead.

Some things I just read. Larson is the 27th driver to win in all 3 series. And he's the first graduate of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity to win a Cup race.

Thanks Peanut !
Kyle also is a product of the NASCAR NEXT initiative.
http://next.nascar.com/

Kyle is an amazing young man; hope he reaches his full potential.
Also, NASCAR's Diversity Intern Program (NDIP) offers opportunities to bright young men and women.
Kudos to all the donors and sponsors !!
http://hometracks.nascar.com/diversity

kingelway7
09-02-2016, 07:55 AM
DALE EARNHARDT JR. TO MISS REST OF 2016 SEASON (http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/9/2/dale-earnhardt-jr-sit-out-rest-of-2016-injury-concussion.html)

"I wish I could return to the No. 88 team this season," Earnhardt said in a release provided by the team. "To say I'm disappointed doesn’t begin to describe how I feel, but I know this is the right thing for my long-term health and career. I'm 100 percent focused on my recovery, and I will continue to follow everything the doctors tell me. They're seeing good progress in my test results, and I’m feeling that progress physically. I plan to be healthy and ready to compete at Daytona in February. I’m working toward that."

Peanut
09-02-2016, 09:26 AM
DALE EARNHARDT JR. TO MISS REST OF 2016 SEASON (http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/9/2/dale-earnhardt-jr-sit-out-rest-of-2016-injury-concussion.html)

"I wish I could return to the No. 88 team this season," Earnhardt said in a release provided by the team. "To say I'm disappointed doesn’t begin to describe how I feel, but I know this is the right thing for my long-term health and career. I'm 100 percent focused on my recovery, and I will continue to follow everything the doctors tell me. They're seeing good progress in my test results, and I’m feeling that progress physically. I plan to be healthy and ready to compete at Daytona in February. I’m working toward that."

That's too bad. But he's doing the right thing.

Peanut
09-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Love the throw-back schemes and the stories that go with them. There's an Orange Crush car. :D

AZ Snake Fan
09-04-2016, 03:43 PM

Love the throw-back schemes and the stories that go with them. There's an Orange Crush car.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7232/9DyLAz.jpg
Tony’s ride at Darlington

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1558/F7Wgt2.jpg
Jeff Gordon’s ride at Darlington

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/41/3hr8qd.jpg
Matt Kenseth’s ride at Darlington.

( Nice to see the old Tide machine !!! )

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9646/jyDwiG.jpg
Jr, 1984

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4091/wy2SpM.jpg
Jr, 1985

AZ Snake Fan
09-04-2016, 03:44 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6017/LhoCo7.jpg
Tony age 8 helping Mom at Powder Puff Race

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3046/WDGBVl.jpg
Tony age 10, 1981

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1319/oIntQB.jpg
Tony, 1983

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6130/2LdH9b.jpg
Denny Hamlin

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/8922/czEylC.jpg
Elliot Sadler

AZ Snake Fan
09-04-2016, 03:45 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1600/IkYvFa.jpg
Chase Elliot and Bill

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3206/zREhAr.jpg
Chase Elliot, 2002

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7028/Piu0z4.jpg
Chase Elliot

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2420/NUVPIj.jpg
AJ Allmendinger with father Greg

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/2200/UMf6mS.jpg
Danika with Grandma

AZ Snake Fan
09-04-2016, 03:46 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/885/kYokuY.jpg
Kyle Larson

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/11/rMTSaf.jpg
Kyle Larson

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3897/Ut6TDo.jpg
Kyle Larson

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6554/6OZNHk.jpg
Ryan Newman, 1984

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7629/9nxtow.jpg
Ryan Newman

AZ Snake Fan
09-04-2016, 03:47 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3233/nrPU6G.jpg
Kevin Harvick age 3, 1978

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/8965/6VFbWs.jpg
Kevin Harvick

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7605/juzOGW.jpg
Kyle and Kurt

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/2315/ruxedY.jpg
Martin Truex Jr.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1989/W7BS2J.jpg
Martin Truex Jr.

AZ Snake Fan
09-04-2016, 03:48 PM

Love the throw-back schemes and the stories that go with them. There's an Orange Crush car. :D

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5784/rpPRwL.jpg

(Photos courtesy of NASCAR.com)

Peanut
09-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting all the pictures, AZ. Love the ones when they were kids.

Just finished watching the truck race. I'm basically a pacifist. I break up fights between dogs, people and ducks. But...Nemechek deserved that tackle. And we should sign Custer for the D. :D

BroncosFanInPA
09-10-2016, 09:14 PM
What a complete jerk newman is for the things he said about tony when it was him that kept running into tony & expect him to just take it & to say some of the most disrespectful things i think i have ever heard!

Calling tony bipolar? Seriously? what the hell is your problem? He brought you into his organization from it's inception & that is how you are gonna talk about him? Maybe you have a problem with being let go? I don't know, but things he said & how he conducted himself, were completely out of line & to see tony take the high road when told what newman said about him...that just made newman look all the more of a jerk!

AZ Snake Fan
09-10-2016, 09:35 PM

Making the Chase.
Congrats to these drivers
(In no particular order):

Kevin Harvick
Brad Keselowski
Joey Logano
Denny Hamlin
Carl Edwards
Kyle Busch
Kurt Busch
Martin Truex Jr.
Matt Kenseth
Jimmie Johnson
Kyle Larson
Tony Stewart
Chris Buescher
Chase Elliott
Austin Dillon
and Jamie McMurray.

I don't see Ryan Newman but I do see
3 Fords,
5 Toyos
and 8 Chevys !!

The Chase begins with The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 400 at Chicagoland next Sunday !!
May the best team make it to the checker in Homestead on Sunday 20 November 2016 !!!

Peanut
09-10-2016, 10:56 PM
What a complete jerk newman is for the things he said about tony when it was him that kept running into tony & expect him to just take it & to say some of the most disrespectful things i think i have ever heard!

Calling tony bipolar? Seriously? what the hell is your problem? He brought you into his organization from it's inception & that is how you are gonna talk about him? Maybe you have a problem with being let go? I don't know, but things he said & how he conducted himself, were completely out of line & to see tony take the high road when told what newman said about him...that just made newman look all the more of a jerk!

Newman can call Tony a jerk, an idiot and whatever else he wants, but when he mentioned him being back in a Sprint car and anger issues and all that, that was dirty fighting, a low blow.

My daughter had some NASCAR app on her phone, listening to Gordon's radio. Gordon said that Newman was chopping the corner the whole race and getting into everyone. He wasn't surprised that he was involved in an accident.

Making the Chase.
Congrats to these drivers
(In no particular order):

Kevin Harvick
Brad Keselowski
Joey Logano
Denny Hamlin
Carl Edwards
Kyle Busch
Kurt Busch
Martin Truex Jr.
Matt Kenseth
Jimmie Johnson
Kyle Larson
Tony Stewart
Chris Buescher
Chase Elliott
Austin Dillon
and Jamie McMurray.

I don't see Ryan Newman but I do see
3 Fords,
5 Toyos
and 8 Chevys !!

The Chase begins with The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 400 at Chicagoland next Sunday !!
May the best team make it to the checker in Homestead on Sunday 20 November 2016 !!!

Congrats to the drivers and teams!

Some rookies, some first timers. Nice mix.

kingelway7
09-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Man, Kyle Larson was coming at the end. Had Hamlin not had such a great restart, Larson would have no doubt given Hamlin a fight for the win.

BroncosFanInPA
09-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Ok boys & girls now that the chase is upon us, how bout some predictions...who do you have as the first 4 out & who is your favorites to make the final 4?

First 4 out

1. Buescher - can't see them gaining near enough points to advance
2. Elliott - i think lack of experience & pressure will be a factor
3. Dillon - same as above & lack of consistency
4. Tough call here...either going with McMurray or shocker pick - Johnson & you may be saying the 48? seriously? well here is why...

McMurray has been running very well the past month & the 48 car has been completely off it's game for several months & i know jimmie & chad always turn it on come chase time but something seems different this time...we shall see.

Now my final 4

1. Harvick - very strong year again...should have at least 6 wins or more
2. Truex - much like harvick, super strong & should also have more wins
3. Kyle Busch - he is he champ & has a bunch of wins this season & gibbs is killing it across the board
4. another tough call for me...my heart wants to say Smoke but my head says Larson - tony was on a really strong stretch for a couple months & was consistent but the past few weeks have been ugly & i think has taken him out of rhythm...

Larson finally got his win & is looking really good & i think more wins are to come now & he has the youth factor in his third season...should be fun to watch how it all plays out.

brianmcfarlane
09-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Ok boys & girls now that the chase is upon us, how bout some predictions...who do you have as the first 4 out & who is your favorites to make the final 4?

First 4 out

1. Buescher - can't see them gaining near enough points to advance
2. Elliott - i think lack of experience & pressure will be a factor
3. Dillon - same as above & lack of consistency
4. Tough call here...either going with McMurray or shocker pick - Johnson & you may be saying the 48? seriously? well here is why...

McMurray has been running very well the past month & the 48 car has been completely off it's game for several months & i know jimmie & chad always turn it on come chase time but something seems different this time...we shall see.

Now my final 4

1. Harvick - very strong year again...should have at least 6 wins or more
2. Truex - much like harvick, super strong & should also have more wins
3. Kyle Busch - he is he champ & has a bunch of wins this season & gibbs is killing it across the board
4. another tough call for me...my heart wants to say Smoke but my head says Larson - tony was on a really strong stretch for a couple months & was consistent but the past few weeks have been ugly & i think has taken him out of rhythm...

Larson finally got his win & is looking really good & i think more wins are to come now & he has the youth factor in his third season...should be fun to watch how it all plays out.

Your final 4 I couldn't argue with ... Larson has been very competitive since his win, can't rule out Kyle, he is just too competitive ... unfortunately.:) Harvick and Truex have been running in the top 5ish all season and both seem to have something go wrong keeping them from more wins but both are racing very well. I have to admit that Hamlin has also been very competitive but I won't be rooting for him. Again, I can't argue with your final 4; and I don't really dislike any of those drivers either. :salute:

The first 4 out? Buescher I think is the easy one. I think Smoke is out early maybe one of the first 4. McMurray has 1 top 5, he will likely be out early. #48 won't make it to the final 4 but he will get past the first round. I am rooting for Elliott and he has 13 top 10s, 7 in the top 5 ... I think he makes it past the first round. I think that leaves Dillon likely out early ... first round.

BroncosFanInPA
09-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Your final 4 I couldn't argue with ... Larson has been very competitive since his win, can't rule out Kyle, he is just too competitive ... unfortunately.:) Harvick and Truex have been running in the top 5ish all season and both seem to have something go wrong keeping them from more wins but both are racing very well. I have to admit that Hamlin has also been very competitive but I won't be rooting for him. Again, I can't argue with your final 4; and I don't really dislike any of those drivers either. :salute:

The first 4 out? Buescher I think is the easy one. I think Smoke is out early maybe one of the first 4. McMurray has 1 top 5, he will likely be out early. #48 won't make it to the final 4 but he will get past the first round. I am rooting for Elliott and he has 13 top 10s, 7 in the top 5 ... I think he makes it past the first round. I think that leaves Dillon likely out early ... first round.

I just have a feeling they can't just flip a switch anymore...over the past 17 races the 48 has just 4 top ten's & finished 22nd or worse 7 times, but also has only led 51 total laps in those 17 races & that is unheard of for that team.

Peanut
09-14-2016, 12:16 AM
I just have a feeling they can't just flip a switch anymore...over the past 17 races the 48 has just 4 top ten's & finished 22nd or worse 7 times, but also has only led 51 total laps in those 17 races & that is unheard of for that team.

They've done this almost every year. Like they're trying experimental things. Then when the Chase starts, they come out winning. Until last year. I think you're right. They broke the switch.

First out:

Buescher
Dillon
Johnson
McMurray

I'll stick with I posted before for my final 4:

Kyle Busch
Kyle Larson
Stewart --- more for sentimental reasons
Truex

AZ Snake Fan
09-18-2016, 12:05 AM

Well, since you guys made your predictions, I'll take a stab at it before the first Chase Race gets underway.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 at Chicagoland. Soon as you think you've heard it all.......lol.
Turtles, really ?

First 4 out:

Buescher------- Fluke season...
Dillon------------ He'll choke...
Keselowski---- He'll try too hard...
Kenseth-------- He's due for some more bad luck...

Final 4:

Harvick---He has been on a mission, very determined; has had great packages and team work.
Larson----He has shown poise and great decision making beyond his years, hope Hendrick gives him good rides.
Kyle-------He is just flat out crazy; he will win it all or crash and burn trying.
Truex-----He has had a fantastic year. A Checker in Fla would be a storybook ending for Martin and Sherry.

Final Wild Cards::
Chase Elliot: This kid has what it takes, I think that he will make it further than most expect.
Tony Stewart: I would love to see Smoke ride off into the sunset with a Championship !!!

*Unknown Factors:
I say this every year, so here I go again. I don't mean to be doom and gloom but........
There will be 27-39 other drivers going around the tracks from Chicago to Homestead.
Some of them were never in it; some will be eliminated 4 at a time.
None of them have much to lose, some may have agendas and even vendettas.
Some may try to help certain Chase leaders, others may want to derail certain Chase leaders.
Freaky stuff happens every year and ruins the chances of many top16 contenders.
Just sayin'.........

.........I really miss the old Winston Cup point system.

brianmcfarlane
09-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Well, since you guys made your predictions, I'll take a stab at it before the first Chase Race gets underway.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 at Chicagoland. Soon as you think you've heard it all.......lol.
Turtles, really ?

First 4 out:

Buescher------- Fluke season...
Dillon------------ He'll choke...
Keselowski---- He'll try too hard...
Kenseth-------- He's due for some more bad luck...

Final 4:

Harvick---He has been on a mission, very determined; has had great packages and team work.
Larson----He has shown poise and great decision making beyond his years, hope Hendrick gives him good rides.
Kyle-------He is just flat out crazy; he will win it all or crash and burn trying.
Truex-----He has had a fantastic year. A Checker in Fla would be a storybook ending for Martin and Sherry.

Final Wild Cards::
Chase Elliot: This kid has what it takes, I think that he will make it further than most expect.
Tony Stewart: I would love to see Smoke ride off into the sunset with a Championship !!!

*Unknown Factors:
I say this every year, so here I go again. I don't mean to be doom and gloom but........
There will be 27-39 other drivers going around the tracks from Chicago to Homestead.
Some of them were never in it; some will be eliminated 4 at a time.
None of them have much to lose, some may have agendas and even vendettas.
Some may try to help certain Chase leaders, others may want to derail certain Chase leaders.
Freaky stuff happens every year and ruins the chances of many top16 contenders.
Just sayin'.........

.........I really miss the old Winston Cup point system.

I like your first out ... especially crybaby Kesleowski; I can't stand that guy. Unfortunately you're probably wrong though. I'm also not really a fan of Kenseth either.

I agree with your post overall. :thumb:

brianmcfarlane
09-19-2016, 01:13 PM
My driver Truex Jr gets the win in Chicagoland! Onto the 2nd round already for Martin :thumb:

:goz:

BroncosFanInPA
09-19-2016, 04:34 PM
So the 78 & 48 both failed post-race laser inspection & penalties are expected, i saw where past penalties of this nature resulted in 10-15 points & so we know they won't take a win away but if nascar wants to make things fair then this is what they should consider...

the 78 of truex should have his 10 or 15 (or whatever it ends up) point penalty take effect to start the second round & not now because let's be honest here, it will have absolutely no affect on that team since they are advanced with the win...meanwhile the 48 is going to take a big hit & almost certainly fall below the cut line.

i'm no fan of the 48 but to me it doesn't seem fair if that team gets penalized & in all reality the 78 team won't for the same violation

brianmcfarlane
09-19-2016, 04:58 PM
So the 78 & 48 both failed post-race laser inspection & penalties are expected, i saw where past penalties of this nature resulted in 10-15 points & so we know they won't take a win away but if nascar wants to make things fair then this is what they should consider...

the 78 of truex should have his 10 or 15 (or whatever it ends up) point penalty take effect to start the second round & not now because let's be honest here, it will have absolutely no affect on that team since they are advanced with the win...meanwhile the 48 is going to take a big hit & almost certainly fall below the cut line.

i'm no fan of the 48 but to me it doesn't seem fair if that team gets penalized & in all reality the 78 team won't for the same violation

Except that the #4 did hit the left rear of Truex's car ... From Furniture Row Racing "The right rear of our car was well within the tolerance margin, which showed that we were trying to be conservative," the statement read. "However, the left rear wheel alignment was off by approximately ten-thousandths of an inch, which in high probability was due to damage in that area as a result of being hit by the No. 4 car.

"We believe the laser inspection numbers were correct and accept NASCAR's decision that was made following Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway."

The 78 isn't getting penalized because they won the race? Not sure the logic there?

Truex's failure was the lowest grade of failure for the LIS platform. It doesn't sound like a case of cheating in order to win by the 78, nor is NASCAR contending that. Considering how close the alignment was it seems fairly likely it was the 4 car that caused the failure.

I was wondering, is there a rule that they cannot purposely crash their care after the race while spinning out, celebrating winning?

BroncosFanInPA
09-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Except that the #4 did hit the left rear of Truex's car ... From Furniture Row Racing "The right rear of our car was well within the tolerance margin, which showed that we were trying to be conservative," the statement read. "However, the left rear wheel alignment was off by approximately ten-thousandths of an inch, which in high probability was due to damage in that area as a result of being hit by the No. 4 car.

"We believe the laser inspection numbers were correct and accept NASCAR's decision that was made following Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway."

The 78 isn't getting penalized because they won the race? Not sure the logic there?

Truex's failure was the lowest grade of failure for the LIS platform. It doesn't sound like a case of cheating in order to win by the 78, nor is NASCAR contending that. Considering how close the alignment was it seems fairly likely it was the 4 car that caused the failure.

I was wondering, is there a rule that they cannot purposely crash their care after the race while spinning out, celebrating winning?

Not sure if you misunderstood what i was trying to say, but my point is this...yes both teams will likely receive the same penalty but it has no affect at all on the 78 team because the have automatically advanced with the win, while the 48 will losea good bit of ground with a points penalty.

they could take the whole amount of points truex earned & it simply won't matter with the win.

to the question about damaging the car in a burnout? i'm not aware of any such rule or ever hearing of a penalty for doing so & yeah i get it...it's a minor violation on both cars & very well may be due to contact but nacar doesn't look at things that way & a penalty is a penalty no matter how small it may be

brianmcfarlane
09-22-2016, 07:35 AM
NASCAR has decided not to penalize either car now - 78, 48 - interesting that much of the decision is out of "fairness" - much like BroncofaninPA wrote - that the points wouldn't really hurt the 78 much since they won the race. I still don't like the "logic" of that. Did the 78 not earn the win? I don't think anyone is contending that they won because of cheating? If the inspection result would indicate that the 78 won because of the wheel alignment then they should take away they win.

At this point it is moot and even if they were penalized it wouldn't have meant much - yes especially for the 78 - they have changed the rules and only a level 4 infraction will have penalties for the rest of this Chase.
BTW, my favorite teams are Furniture Row - because they are from Colorado - and Hendrick so I would root for the 48 over most other cars ... but not over the 24. :D Speaking of the 24; Elliot is doing a heck of a job for a rookie or otherwise. :rockon:

brianmcfarlane
09-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Oh, and if it was me winning a race why wouldn't I just go oops, I accidently hit the wall on a spinout/burnout celebrating the win and that put everything out of alignment. :P

Peanut
09-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Oh, and if it was me winning a race why wouldn't I just go oops, I accidently hit the wall on a spinout/burnout celebrating the win and that put everything out of alignment. :P

Or a driver "accidentally" bumping a fellow Chaser hoping that he'll fail post race inspection. So many things can happen.

Congrats to Penske. 50th anniversary and a sweep in IndyCar:

1. Simon Pagenaud

2. Will Power

3. Helio Castroneves

I wasn't happy that Pagenaud was winning because the officials, IMO, made 3 bad non-calls in 3 races, issuing warnings instead of penalties. As it turned out, Power crashed and had mechanical problems in the last two races (besides missing the first race). I would love to see Castroneves win the championship. With all his years, with all his Indy 500 wins, he's never won the championship.

BroncosFanInPA
09-25-2016, 04:59 PM
what a terrible day for stewart & i would say he is done & has no chance at dover running this poorly.

really disappointing to watch after that team was on such a hot streak in the summer when in an 8 race stretch he had the win at sonoma along with 5 top 5's & 7 top 11 finishes...but it's been nothing but crap since then, at least he has harvick heading towards another cup

BroncosFanInPA
09-29-2016, 04:29 PM
how bout a bold prediction for dover...

there is going to be a fairly big crash that will involve several chase drivers, i don't know which ones will be involved (we need the drama of not knowing) but i will say it will shake up the points & that at least 2 of the bottom 4 will move into the top 12 & of course 2 will drop from inside the top 12 to being eliminated

brianmcfarlane
09-29-2016, 08:54 PM

there is going to be a fairly big crash that will involve several chase drivers, i don't know which ones will be involved (we need the drama of not knowing) but i will say it will shake up the points & that at least 2 of the bottom 4 will move into the top 12 & of course 2 will drop from inside the top 12 to being eliminated

Hey, HEY wake up ... you're dreaming! :beer: Its over for Smoke. :P

Peanut
09-30-2016, 02:48 PM

Dover can do that. I just hope my guys make it to the next round.

It's been raining here a lot. Probably where you are, too. Quals was rained out. More rain tomorrow. Looks kind of okay for Sunday.

From the Truck series concerning the #8. I hope he doesn't make the cut and Custer doesn't have to touch him.

Competition officials docked the team 10 championship points in both the owners' and drivers' standings. The penalty dropped Nemechek, who rallied from an early spin to finish ninth last weekend, from fourth to seventh on the Chase Grid with two races remaining before cuts are made to the championship-eligible field.

Akinori Ogata made his first start in last week's Truck race. Unfortunately, he spun out in the first lap. I mention him because we used to see him (3-5 years) at the Japanese Street Festival in DC. We would stop by and talk, get autographs, pictures, hats (ENEOS. I can wear it for Larson, too) and some other cool stuff. Hopefully, he'll have more races and be able to finish them. :D

AZ Snake Fan
09-30-2016, 03:56 PM

Kenseth and Keselowski get into it !
(see my picks :D ) !!
If anywhere can shake up the Chase, the Monster Mile can !!!

AZ Snake Fan
10-06-2016, 06:40 PM

Oh well, on to the next round.
Hope they get the race in Saturday night. :eek:

Congrats to Harvick for his first pole of 2016 !!
Finally some Chevys up front !!! :D

"Stewart-Haas Racing's Kevin Harvick earned his first Coors Light Pole Award of 2016 during Thursday's qualifying session at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The 2014 Sprint Cup champion also topped opening practice earlier.

The No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet driven will lineup alongside Harvick's No. 4 Chevy with Alex Bowman -- filling in for Dale Earnhardt Jr. this weekend -- posting the second-quickest lap during the three-round session.

Fellow Hendrick wheelman, Chase Elliott was third-fastest on the speed charts in his No. 24 entry.

Joe Gibbs Racing's Kyle Busch and SHR's Tony Stewart took fourth and fifth, respectively.

Here's how the rest of the Chase field finished: Furniture Row Racing's Martin Truex Jr. (P7), JGR's Carl Edwards (P8), JGR's Denny Hamlin (P9), Team Penske's Joey Logano (P10), Hendrick's Jimmie Johnson (P11), Richard Childress Racing's Austin Dillon (P19), Team Penske's Brad Keselowski (P20) and SHR's Kurt Busch (P23)."

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/10/6/who-won-nascar-sprint-cup-coors-light-qualifying-charlotte-kevin-harvick.html

AZ Snake Fan
10-09-2016, 10:11 PM

Kinda what happened today at Charlotte.
Crazy bad luck early for a few.
The big one was just as much Dillon's fault for taking 2 tires.
Truex pushed him clean, not to one side or the other.
Martin feels bad about it but Dillon wouldn't have been there if they took 4 tires.
Big shake up to start the round of 8.
Only Jimmie came out smelling like a rose.

Peanut
10-09-2016, 11:32 PM

Martin feels bad about it but Dillon wouldn't have been there if they took 4 tires.

That was crazy.

Agree about Dillon. His interview was better than I expected.

I wonder why the last restart wasn't under review. It really looked like Johnson crossed before Kenseth (?). I just wish NASCAR would be more consistent with their calls.

I'm still disappointed about Larson being out. Over something so dumb.

AZ Snake Fan
10-10-2016, 01:23 PM

Peanut, I think that you're right on that final restart.
Did you mean Dillon instead of Kenseth ?
I thought Jimmie was P1.
If he wasn't, this clearly shows Jimmie jumping at 00.00-00.01
You have to move that red dot to the left until it dissapears.

qIFc_SEwYK0

Maybe NASCAR will review it and take away Jimmie's win :P

Peanut
10-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Peanut, I think that you're right on that final restart.
Did you mean Dillon instead of Kenseth ?
I thought Jimmie was P1.
If he wasn't, this clearly shows Jimmie jumping at 00.00-00.01
You have to move that red dot to the left until it dissapears.

qIFc_SEwYK0

Maybe NASCAR will review it and take away Jimmie's win :P

It wasn't that one. Kenseth was the leader. He chose the outside. They questioned why because of the speedy dry. It looked to me that Jimmie was ahead of Kenseth at all lines. Even on the replay, but the commentators didn't say anything. They were looking at something else. Looking for a video, I came across an article where Kenseth was talking about the restart. He did not mention anything about an unfair restart so maybe my eyes were playing tricks. Or wishful thinking. :D It was close, so I was surprised that NASCAR didn't at least review it.

BroncosFanInPA
10-10-2016, 04:41 PM

Yeah i guess my crystal ball was on a one week delay ha ha! too bad this race wasn't dover because smoke would have advanced...oh well coulda should woulda.

Anyway once hamlin's engine let loose, that opened up the door for harvick to get right back in this thing without needing to win one of the next two...he may very well win kansas anyway & i think he & truex are the favorites to win it all

AZ Snake Fan
10-10-2016, 05:59 PM

I remember now. It was the LAST restart.
The one after the big one.
I remember Jeff questioning why Kenseth chose the top lane.
Because it was full of speedy dry.
They should have all seen it on the laps when it went from red to yellow.
You're right PA, I don't recall any of the broadcasters saying anything.
I didn't notice the jump but I wasn't watching for it.
I'll take you guys' word for it though.

BroncosFanInPA
10-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Lights at Martinsville now...i always said it would be awesome to have night racing there.

nothing scheduled yet as the 2017 schedule is already set but i have to think going forward they will have 1 of the 2 races there on a saturday night, much like bristol does it.

BroncosFanInPA
10-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Some good drama to the ending of the race with the 11 & 3 ending tied on points, thus needing a tiebreaker & hamlin nearly gave it up but held the spot over the 41 by inches...tough break for the 78 & 2.

Now what i'm upset about...tony riding in the back the entire race & not even making an effort to race even in the closing laps, don't think he ever really was above 30th start to finish...just a disgusting effort & many fans of the 14 feel the same as i do.

I understand maybe he didn't want to risk getting caught up in a big wreck & getting injured again (and it's totally his right to do what he wants) but good lord if you aren't even going to try then why bother even running the race? put somebody else in the car.

BroncosFanInPA
11-12-2016, 08:47 AM
guess everyone has lost interest? or maybe we are just too involved & focused on our broncos?

anyway...here we are again with harvick with his back to the wall & needing to win to advance, can he get it done again? one would think eventually his luck may run out in these must win scenarios but i would not bet against him...

he could not be going to a better track personally at phoenix where he has 8 wins total but maybe more impressive is he has won 5 of the past 6 there & the one he didn't win, he was 2nd

Peanut
11-12-2016, 11:48 AM
guess everyone has lost interest? or maybe we are just too involved & focused on our broncos?

anyway...here we are again with harvick with his back to the wall & needing to win to advance, can he get it done again? one would think eventually his luck may run out in these must win scenarios but i would not bet against him...

he could not be going to a better track personally at phoenix where he has 8 wins total but maybe more impressive is he has won 5 of the past 6 there & the one he didn't win, he was 2nd

I still watch, usually the next day. Yes, Broncos/football take over. :D

I need to go back and see how badly my prediction for the final 4 was. With who is left, I guess I'm pulling for Kyle Busch.

AZ Snake Fan
11-12-2016, 06:32 PM

I'm pulling for Kevin and Kyle to make it to the final.

In the quals, Bowman, Larson and Chase finished 1,2,3.
That was cool, good for those kids !

Today Kyle was fastest in the last practice.
Behind him were the 2 Penske Fords, Brad then Joey.

Bowman was 4th fastest !
Kevin was 14th.

I'm with you PA, hope Kevin pulls this one off.
I just don't want this to go down as Jimmie vs Coach Gibbs' Team.
Should be a good race. All or nothing for 4 guys !!!

~~~

(Xfinity is underway now, lap 77; Kyle has been up front for all but 3.
Dillon right behind him followed by contenders Daniel Suarez and Erik Jones.)
Hope that Peanut doesn't read this if she's recording the race. :D

Peanut
11-12-2016, 07:08 PM

I'm pulling for Kevin and Kyle to make it to the final.

In the quals, Bowman, Larson and Chase finished 1,2,3.
That was cool, good for those kids !

Today Kyle was fastest in the last practice.
Behind him were the 2 Penske Fords, Brad then Joey.

Bowman was 4th fastest !
Kevin was 14th.

I'm with you PA, hope Kevin pulls this one off.
I just don't want this to go down as Jimmie vs Coach Gibbs' Team.
Should be a good race. All or nothing for 4 guys !!!

~~~

(Xfinity is underway now, lap 77; Kyle has been up front for all but 3.
Dillon right behind him followed by contenders Daniel Suarez and Eric Jones.)
Hope that Peanut doesn't read this if she's recording the race. :D

I'm recording the race. We're not at home. I have learned that if I don't want to know, don't check this thread and doing have Sports Center on. The hotel doesn't carry the station. Go, Eric!

AZ Snake Fan
11-12-2016, 08:23 PM

I'm recording the race. We're not at home. I have learned that if I don't want to know, don't check this thread and doing have Sports Center on. The hotel doesn't carry the station. Go, Eric!

E r i K

I won't say who made the Final 4 in Xfinity but....
It's 2 Chevy's and 2 Toyos !!!

Peanut
11-12-2016, 10:54 PM

E r i K

I could blame autocorrect, but I forgot the K.

Let's see. What does Erik drive? :D

FL BRONCO
11-18-2016, 12:40 PM

E r i K

Yo AZ, unless Logano's Chevy emblem is shaped like the one on my F150, then there are 2 toyo, 1 chevy and 1 Good Old Ford in the mix. :D

My money is on the Chevy driver for #7 though and would love to see it happen.

AZ Snake Fan
11-18-2016, 07:47 PM

Yo AZ, unless Logano's Chevy emblem is shaped like the one on my F150, then there are 2 toyo, 1 chevy and 1 Good Old Ford in the mix. :D

My money is on the Chevy driver for #7 though and would love to see it happen.

Logano, Ford #22
Johnson, Chevy #48
Kyle, Toyo #18
Carl, Toyo #19
That's the Sprint Cup Chase Final 4
~~~
Sadler, Chevy #1
Allgaier, Chevy #7
Suarez, Toyo #19
EriK, Toyo #20
That's the Xfinity Chase Final 4
~~~
Johhny Sauter, Chevy #21
Christopher Bell, Toyo #4
Timothy Peters, Toyo #17
Matt Crafton, Toyo #88
That's the Camping World Chase Final 4
~~~

Since all my favorite Chevy drivers are out of contention for the Sprint Cup,
I'm pulling for Kyle.

I'm pulling for EriK in the Xfinity Series Championship.

I'm pulling for Matt in the Camping World Championship, which is under way now.
Larson is leading at lap 107, good for Kyle.
Matt is leading the contenders but anything can happen in a Truck Race.
Whoops, see, caution out at lap 109 !!!
That'll shake up the field.
~~~
This weekend is it for NASCAR 2016 !
Good luck drivers !!
Can't wait for February 2017 and Daytona !!!

FL BRONCO
11-18-2016, 09:28 PM

Logano, Ford #22
Johnson, Chevy #48
Kyle, Toyo #18
Carl, Toyo #19
~~~
Sadler, Chevy #1
Allgaier, Chevy #7
Suarez, Toyo #19
EriK, Toyo #20
~~~
Johhny Sauter, Chevy #21
Timothy Peters, Toyo #17
Matt Crafton, Toyo #88
~~~

I'm pulling for Kyle.

~~~
Good luck drivers !!

:duh:My bad, reading too quickly missed the Xfinity part. I'm not a Logano fan. I like the rest okay but really no dog in the fight for me. I wouldn't mind seing Johnson get his 7th, if not Kyle back to back would be nice.

BroncosFanInPA
11-19-2016, 07:58 AM

Logano, Ford #22
Johnson, Chevy #48
Kyle, Toyo #18
Carl, Toyo #19
~~~
Sadler, Chevy #1
Allgaier, Chevy #7
Suarez, Toyo #19
EriK, Toyo #20
~~~
Johhny Sauter, Chevy #21
Timothy Peters, Toyo #17
Matt Crafton, Toyo #88
~~~

I'm pulling for Kyle.

~~~
Good luck drivers !!

that was some great racing last night between crafton & sauter for the championship, only wish they were closer on the final laps but still enjoyed it & now for sunday....

when last week's race was over & the final 4 was set, let's say i wasn't exactly thrilled with who was in but it is what it is & so who would i prefer to win it?

with all due respect to the 48 & the history he could make, i'm just not interested in seeing him win yet again.

kyle won it last year, so i'd like to see a new champion this year (sorry peanut)

so what does that leave? Logano & Edwards...of those two, my choice would be Carl for a couple reasons - 1st i just don't care for lagano much, just seems like a punk to me & still fresh in everyone's memory is last year with him & kenseth....

I go with carl i guess by default? well maybe not totally, carl seems like a nice guy so that helps & then there is his 2011 battle with tony & what an awesome championship that was as they finished in a dead tie & tony won it on the tiebreak with most wins. so carl is in a way most deserving of getting this one & there is also the age factor with carl being 37 while joey is just 26, so he has many more chances.

last but not least it's farewell to smoke in his final race, gonna be hard not having him out there to pull for but i guess i still have his teams to root for since he is an owner but will certainly miss him racing.

you had a hell of a run smoke, thanks for the memories :salute:

Peanut
11-19-2016, 11:40 PM
I wanted Byron for the Trucks, but his engine blew up last week. Was pulling for Bell. Not unhappy that Sauter won. I used to dislike him, but he grew on me.

Wanted Erik to win. They need to be more consistent. Congrats to Suarez.

I'm going to say that I want Johnson to for tomorrow. That way he's sure not to win. :D

I hope they do a little something for Tony.

AZ Snake Fan
11-20-2016, 08:16 AM

Yes PA, it would be nice for Carl to get his first championship. He runs well at Homestead too.

Yes Peanut, anyone but Johnson !!!

If Smoke can get the checker, it will be #50 !!
Great way to go out.

Good luck drivers, run hard and may the best team win !!!

Jaws
11-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Hope you guys have a great race to enjoy and how considerate of the Broncos to have their bye week to coincide :D

Peanut
11-20-2016, 12:51 PM
Hope you guys have a great race to enjoy and how considerate of the Broncos to have their bye week to coincide :D

I know, right?

Have you gotten many races this year? They need to go back to the main networks instead of NBCSN.

Jaws
11-20-2016, 02:17 PM
I know, right?

Have you gotten many races this year? They need to go back to the main networks instead of NBCSN.

None whatsoever for a couple of years.
It would cost way to much to add the specialist channel to what is already an expensive sports sub so I can watch NFL and Soccer.

Broncoholic JS
11-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Carl Edwards 😡😡😡😡

Broncoholic JS
11-20-2016, 04:26 PM
Sucks Truex was taken out too, he's my favorite driver!

Southstander
11-20-2016, 05:27 PM
My boy Jimmie is a Seven time Champion! He is the greatest of all time.

BroncosFanInPA
11-20-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry but the 48 had no business winning this championship & we can all thank nascar for screwing carl out of it when they threw the caution for no good reason with 15 to go when carl was cruising to the title.

i won't even get into the restart with him & logano but dammit there should never have been a restart to begin with, i think this is what nascar wanted all along was the dam 48 to win & since he really had no chance as they were running...well they had to intervene, go figure :rolleyes:

Peanut
11-20-2016, 05:51 PM
None whatsoever for a couple of years.
It would cost way to much to add the specialist channel to what is already an expensive sports sub so I can watch NFL and Soccer.

That was when they went to NBCSN, I think? You used to get some of the races when they were on FOX. I think.

If NASCAR wants to up their ratings, they should change that.

I'm sorry but the 48 had no business winning this championship & we can all thank nascar for screwing carl out of it when they threw the caution for no good reason with 15 to go when carl was cruising to the title.

i won't even get into the restart with him & logano but dammit there should never have been a restart to begin with, i think this is what nascar wanted all along was the dam 48 to win & since he really had no chance as they were running...well they had to intervene, go figure :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder. They did make him start from the back, though.

Last night, the 14 should not have had such a big impact on the Chase. Jones and Allgaier had nowhere to go. Would they have been able to fight the 19? We'll never know. International Champion sounds good, though, right?

Yeah, I'm bitter. :laugh:

Southstander
11-20-2016, 06:58 PM

There would be to many variables to rig it so Jimmie would win it. However they might have flew the caution to have the race have a more compelling finish, but even that is a stretch.

Peanut
11-22-2016, 11:28 PM
A tribute to Stewart from Classic Rewind from his Indy days.

"He remains the only driver to claim both INDYCAR and NASCAR championships." Impressive.

http://www.indycar.com/Videos/2016/11/11-17-Classic-Rewind-Smoke-Tribute

Peanut
11-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Very nice of Johnson.

NASCAR driver Tony Stewart got an early Christmas present from Jimmie Johnson this week after Johnson won his seventh Sprint Cup Series Championship. Johnson gave Stewart his race helmet, which Johnson had just worn at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday to capture his latest NASCAR victory. “This is probably the biggest honor you can have as a driver to get a guy who just won his seventh championship get his helmet like that so it shows how good of a friend he really is,” stammered out Stewart, who had joined Johnson in Victory Lane to congratulate him. Stewart, who completed his final race as a full-time driver on Sunday, has made it his mission to collect his fellow drivers’ helmets as souvenirs ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/31c4f91d-cd87-321b-85c6-7aa14027b755/ss_jimmie-johnson-gave-tony.html

FL BRONCO
11-26-2016, 07:33 PM
Very nice of Johnson.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/31c4f91d-cd87-321b-85c6-7aa14027b755/ss_jimmie-johnson-gave-tony.html

That is awesome, Class Act:salute: Nice Jimmy

Peanut
12-02-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm putting this here because there aren't a lot of open-wheelers and I don't want to start a thread.

I am excited that Takuma Sato is with Andretti next year. I think he'll do a lot better than he did with Foyt.

AZ Snake Fan
12-05-2016, 03:21 PM

I'm putting this here because there aren't a lot of open-wheelers and I don't want to start a thread.

I am excited that Takuma Sato is with Andretti next year. I think he'll do a lot better than he did with Foyt.

Sato who ? :D
Speaking of Andretti, I came across some NASCAR news.

Sergio Marchionne said he is eager to get Chrysler, most likely Dodge, back into NASCAR.
Sergio is in Daytona for Ferrari’s 2016 Finali Mondiali at Daytona International Speedway Sunday.
Dodge had a deal with Andretti Autosport to take over Dodge in 2013, but the deal stalled with Marchionne’s final decision.

Good read but VW Passat.....NO NO NO !!!

Dodge back to Nascar ?
http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/6329/big-news-dodge-and-sergio-are-ready-to-return-to-nascar

Roger Goodell to investigate TRD and Joe Gibbs Racing
http://www.nascar.com (http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9908/2vv5jc.jpg)

Peanut
12-06-2016, 12:33 AM

Sato who ? :D
Speaking of Andretti, I came across some NASCAR news.

Sergio Marchionne said he is eager to get Chrysler, most likely Dodge, back into NASCAR.
Sergio is in Daytona for Ferrari’s 2016 Finali Mondiali at Daytona International Speedway Sunday.
Dodge had a deal with Andretti Autosport to take over Dodge in 2013, but the deal stalled with Marchionne’s final decision.

Good read but VW Passat.....NO NO NO !!!

Dodge back to Nascar ?
http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/6329/big-news-dodge-and-sergio-are-ready-to-return-to-nascar

Roger Goodell to investigate TRD and Joe Gibbs Racing
http://www.nascar.com (http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9908/2vv5jc.jpg)

It would be good to see Dodge back in NASCAR. Agree about the Passat.

Goodell should stay out of racing. I mean, really.

AZ Snake Fan
12-06-2016, 07:33 PM

Roger would fix NASCAR !!! :D
~~~

This article is interesting regarding how NASCAR teams shuffle their charters.
I'm also looking forward to EriK Jones getting a Sprint ride with Furniture Row !

HScott Motorsports will not compete in NASCAR in 2017

HScott Motorsports, which fielded two Sprint Cup cars during the 2016 season, has suspended operations and will not compete in NASCAR in 2017.
The team did not have any drivers nor sponsors lined up for next season. Driver Clint Bowyer, who finished 27th in the standings, had signed a one-year deal in September 2015 as a stop-gap before heading to Stewart-Haas Racing to replace Tony Stewart in 2017
More:http://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/18211516/hscott-motorsports-compete-nascar-2017
(Clint can never replace Smoke)

AZ Snake Fan
12-19-2016, 06:28 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7788/L0OiT1.png
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/12/19/nascar-reveals-new-logo-monster-energy-nascar-cup-series/

Peanut
12-20-2016, 01:41 AM

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7788/L0OiT1.png
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/12/19/nascar-reveals-new-logo-monster-energy-nascar-cup-series/

I like it.

Southstander
01-01-2017, 07:03 PM
We are quickly approaching Daytona season!

AZ Snake Fan
01-09-2017, 06:29 PM

We are quickly approaching Daytona season!

I like it.

TRD and Coach Gibbs have been busy, Chevs and Fords better watch out !!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9921/kYSZ7r.jpg
The new 2018 race car model, which will be used starting in the 2017 season,
was unveiled Monday during the North American International Auto Show
held at the Cobo Center in Detroit.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/9/new-toyota-camry-nascar-model-revealed-detroit.html

kingelway7
01-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Bob Pockrass
@bobpockrass

Carl Edwards is expected to announce Wednesday that he plans to retire immediately from NASCAR racing after a 13-year career in the Cup Series where he won 28 times in 445 starts, according to sources. No immediate reason was available why the 37-year-old Edwards would retire nor who would replace him at Joe Gibbs Racing.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0610488375652128241-4

Wow. Edwards is in his racing prime. Just a week and a half before Christmas, Carl Edwards posted a video saying that he couldnt wait for the upcoming season to begin.

This is shocking. He apparently is retiring to "pursue other interests outside of racing"

:jawdrop:

kingelway7
01-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Carl Edwards won’t race in 2017

In a stunning move, NASCAR star Carl Edwards is leaving Joe Gibbs Racing to pursue other interests outside of driving and will not compete in 2017, FOXSports.com has learned from multiple sources.

On Wednesday, JGR will announce at a press conference that Daniel Suarez will replace Edwards as the driver of the team’s No. 19 Monster Energy Cup Series Toyota. Suarez is the reigning NASCAR XFINITY Series champion.

Representatives of Edwards and Joe Gibbs Racing declined comment.

David Wilson, president of TRD, U.S.A., also declined comment on Edwards’ departure.

www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-carl-edwards-wont-race-2017 (http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-carl-edwards-wont-race-2017)

BroncosFanInPA
01-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Something doesn't seem right about all this, like the suddenness of it & just over a month from the start of the 2017 season & leaving JGR hung out to dry to speak...

there has to be more to this story than just to pursue other interests

kingelway7
01-11-2017, 07:37 AM
Something doesn't seem right about all this, like the suddenness of it & just over a month from the start of the 2017 season & leaving JGR hung out to dry to speak...

I have read that there are no health issues for Edwards. Some say this came out of know where, other say that they arent surprised because this is who Carl is and how he operates.

He isnt a favorite driver of mine but I certainly dont dislike him either. He makes racing better and I hate to see him step away. Ive seen reports step away from the word "retiring" and are now pretty much just saying that Edwards wont race in 2017. So maybe, hopefully, Carl Edwards will be back in 2018 or 2019.

kingelway7
01-11-2017, 08:16 AM
During presser, Carl Edwards said he is walking away because he is become satisfied with his career, he has other interests outside of racing, and his health is a concern. He said he is totally health but racing is dangerous and he wants to protect himself and his health.

Edwards did say he would be open to racing again but not full time.

Peanut
01-11-2017, 02:35 PM

TRD and Coach Gibbs have been busy, Chevs and Fords better watch out !!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9921/kYSZ7r.jpg
The new 2018 race car model, which will be used starting in the 2017 season,
was unveiled Monday during the North American International Auto Show
held at the Cobo Center in Detroit.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/9/new-toyota-camry-nascar-model-revealed-detroit.html

I like it.

Yes, there's an echo in here. :D

I was hoping that JGR wasn't "pushing" him out. I don't think that's how they work, but I know it's a business. Seems that Gibbs was surprised when he first found out.

JGR has a lot of good drivers coming up. It's like "next driver up", you know? I kind of wish Jones got this ride instead of Suarez.

I have read that there are no health issues for Edwards. Some say this came out of know where, other say that they arent surprised because this is who Carl is and how he operates.

He isnt a favorite driver of mine but I certainly dont dislike him either. He makes racing better and I hate to see him step away. Ive seen reports step away from the word "retiring" and are now pretty much just saying that Edwards wont race in 2017. So maybe, hopefully, Carl Edwards will be back in 2018 or 2019.

He did leave it open for next year. This would have put a lot of teams in a bad place.

roushmartin6
01-21-2017, 11:43 PM
UPDATE: NASCAR is expected to announce Monday that it will change how it awards points during a race. NASCAR is expected to divide races into segments, and drivers would get points depending on their running order at the end of each segment, according to industry sources. The news conference Monday will detail the new points distribution system with the goal that drivers will have to compete for spots early in the event rather than having the option to bide their time until the end of the race before making a move. NASCAR currently awards points on a 40-to-1 scale from the highest to the lowest finisher among its 40 drivers. A driver who wins gets three bonus points, while a driver who leads a lap gets one bonus point and the driver who leads the most laps gets an additional bonus point. The way a driver qualifies to get into NASCAR's version of its playoffs - the regular-season champion and then 15 drivers based on wins with points as the tiebreaker - is not expected to change. NASCAR also has explored ways to make regular-season performance more meaningful in the playoffs, with the current format allowing drivers to carry over their bonus points from wins only into the first round.

This is why I barely watch NASCAR now, stop changing stuff!!!!! This whole thing sounds dumb. Yes I haven't posted here in a while. Maybe this is why Carl is done, he can't take this crap anymore lol

Peanut
01-23-2017, 02:17 PM
UPDATE: NASCAR is expected to announce Monday that it will change how it awards points during a race. NASCAR is expected to divide races into segments, and drivers would get points depending on their running order at the end of each segment, according to industry sources. The news conference Monday will detail the new points distribution system with the goal that drivers will have to compete for spots early in the event rather than having the option to bide their time until the end of the race before making a move. NASCAR currently awards points on a 40-to-1 scale from the highest to the lowest finisher among its 40 drivers. A driver who wins gets three bonus points, while a driver who leads a lap gets one bonus point and the driver who leads the most laps gets an additional bonus point. The way a driver qualifies to get into NASCAR's version of its playoffs - the regular-season champion and then 15 drivers based on wins with points as the tiebreaker - is not expected to change. NASCAR also has explored ways to make regular-season performance more meaningful in the playoffs, with the current format allowing drivers to carry over their bonus points from wins only into the first round.

This is why I barely watch NASCAR now, stop changing stuff!!!!! This whole thing sounds dumb. Yes I haven't posted here in a while. Maybe this is why Carl is done, he can't take this crap anymore lol

Announcement at 6PM.

I understand that they're looking to try to get new viewers, but with too many changes, they're going to lose the "old-timers".

I do like that they're trying to prevent the "pack at the back" at restrictor plates. I know why the drivers do that and I can't blame them, but it would be nice to see everyone racing from the start.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

BroncosFanInPA
01-23-2017, 05:34 PM
:confused: my head is spinning after listening to some of the press conference...

i think you may need to have a notebook handy during race day to follow all this:laugh: