PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

roushmartin6
01-23-2017, 08:00 PM
:confused: my head is spinning after listening to some of the press conference...

i think you may need to have a notebook handy during race day to follow all this:laugh:

Don't bother they will change the rules halfway through the race lol

kingelway7
01-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Im not loving all of the rule changes. Eliminating a bonus point for leading a lap is fine with me. Its to easy of an achievement during a race to be rewarded for doing it. Im not sure I like eliminating a bonus point for leading the most laps as I think that deserves some recognition.

I certainly do not like predetermined stopping of the race (throwing a caution) 2 separate times mid race. I understand they wanna award points at the end of each segment, but why stop the race to do it? Just let the drivers keep racing and when a determined point in the race arrives, simply note who the top 10 are, award them, and let them to continue racing. You dont need to stop the race to figure out who is running first through tenth.

Also, are they gonna eliminate competition cautions now that threes an automatic caution after segment 1? If they keep competition cautions then cautioning the race after 25 laps and then again just a handful of laps later at the end of segment 1 is just stupid.

I dont mind so much that bonus points are awarded during a race but i HATE that theyre carried over to the playoff. The bonus points should just be added to their regular season point total only and thats it. No carrying over to the playoff. I hate it.

kingelway7
01-25-2017, 11:10 AM
According to the AP, Carl Edwards is considering running against democrat Sen McCaskill in 2018 for her Missouri senate seat.

AZ Snake Fan
01-30-2017, 10:25 AM

Good day yesterday for Jeff, Max and the Taylor brothers !
And Mr.Taylor too !! :D
Congratulations !!!
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/29/jeff-gordon-wayne-taylor-2017-rolex-24-daytona-international-speedway.html

kingelway7
01-30-2017, 12:26 PM
Phoenix International Raceway is getting a make over, and I like it. The start/finish line is being moved from the straight away to just before the dogleg, and pit road is being moved from only on the straight away to partly on the straight away and stretching around to what is now turn 3 & 4 (old turn 1 & 2). This will create some interesting strategy and racing coming to the checkered flag. Addition grandstands will be added too as well as some removed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3bGQhTUkAALJWM.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3bGRkHUMAAHhfC.jpg

Peanut
01-30-2017, 12:50 PM

Good day yesterday for Jeff, Max and the Taylor brothers !
And Mr.Taylor too !! :D
Congratulations !!!
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/29/jeff-gordon-wayne-taylor-2017-rolex-24-daytona-international-speedway.html

Congrats to Jeff, Max and the Taylors!

Phoenix International Raceway is getting a make over, and I like it. The start/finish line is being moved from the straight away to just before the dogleg, and pit road is being moved from only on the straight away to partly on the straight away and stretching around to what is now turn 3 & 4 (old turn 1 & 2). This will create some interesting strategy and racing coming to the checkered flag. Addition grandstands will be added too as well as some removed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3bGQhTUkAALJWM.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3bGRkHUMAAHhfC.jpg

There's going to be some interesting finishes with the start/finish line coming off a turn like that.

roushmartin6
01-30-2017, 08:44 PM
The pits are so far away from the stands, makes no sense to be that far away

baphamet
02-02-2017, 01:34 PM
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/2/1/ladainian-tomlinson-daytona-500-honorary-starter.html

not a NASCAR fan but seen this and it seems kind of random to me lol

i guess because he is going to the HOF this year possibly?

Peanut
02-02-2017, 02:46 PM
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/2/1/ladainian-tomlinson-daytona-500-honorary-starter.html

I saw your name in the NASCAR thread and thought, What's he doing in here. :D

About Tomlinson. I guess they couldn't find anyone else.

Okay. Okay. I'm putting myself in the corner. This isn't Smack and mine is weak because I don't smack.

Nice write up. Good work with the DAV. Should be an interesting movie. I like Sparks.

I like your sig and avy. I'm glad you're sticking with your team.

AZ Snake Fan
02-02-2017, 07:40 PM

I guess it's because they want to promote LT's and Jordan Sparks' new movie.
I'm ok if he gets in the HOF if all 3 of our Broncos get in too.
If you tune in to watch LT start the race, why not watch the whole thing, you may enjoy it.
You can follow NASCAR all the way to the next NFL season.
It helps waiting and time goes by FAST !!! :D

baphamet
02-02-2017, 10:23 PM
I saw your name in the NASCAR thread and thought, What's he doing in here. :D

don't lie, i bet you had the ban hammer locked and loaded when you saw my name in here :laugh:

Peanut
02-02-2017, 10:25 PM
don't lie, i bet you had the ban hammer locked and loaded when you saw my name in here :laugh:

:eek:

You can see what I'm doing?

AZ is right, though. Check out the race. You might like it.

baphamet
02-02-2017, 10:27 PM

I guess it's because they want to promote LT's and Jordan Sparks' new movie.
I'm ok if he gets in the HOF if all 3 of our Broncos get in too.
If you tune in to watch LT start the race, why not watch the whole thing, you may enjoy it.
You can follow NASCAR all the way to the next NFL season.
It helps waiting and time goes by FAST !!! :D

that's why i have MMA, the drama never ends :D

but i'm just not into cars and racing that much, i do see the appeal though.

kingelway7
02-06-2017, 09:41 AM
20 Days to go til the 500!!!

The anticipation is starting to set in for me. Cant wait til The Clash on the 18th, Duals on the 23rd, and 500 on the 26th!!!

What sucks is that after a long day at the track for the 500 on the 26th, I have Federal Jury Duty the very next morning at 7:30am, an hour plus away in Orlando:sad:

AZ Snake Fan
02-06-2017, 07:48 PM

HdJK0DJpfQQ

AZ Snake Fan
02-09-2017, 06:16 PM

This year's Daytona 500 will consist of two 60-lap stages, followed by a final 80-lap stage to make up the 200 scheduled laps in the annual season-opening race for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

NASCAR officials announced last month that all points-paying races in its three national series -- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, XFINITY Series and Camping World Truck Series -- would consist of three stages and that the format change would include the awarding of points to the top 10 drivers after the first two stages.

Points will be awarded in much the same fashion as previous years upon the completion of the third and final stage.

Upon the completion of each of the first two stages, drivers finishing first through 10th will be awarded additional points (10th for first, nine for second, etc.) that will be included in their final total for that race only.

Additionally, one point per stage win will be awarded to those drivers qualifying for the 10-race playoff at the end of the season. Race-winning drivers also will earn five bonus points per win to be applied following the completion of the regular season.

Stage lengths for the season-opening NextEra Energy Resources 250 Truck Series race and Powershares QQQ 300 XFINITY Series race have also been announced.

The first and second stages of the Camping World Truck Series race will be 20 laps each, with a 60-lap final stage to round out the 100-lap event (not including any additional laps should the race go into overtime).

Stages 1 and 2 of the XFINITY Series race have been set at 30 laps, while the final stage will be 60 laps (also not including any additional laps should the race go into overtime).

Stage lengths for most races beyond the Daytona 500 have yet to be announced.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/2/8/daytona-race-stage-length-national-series.html

:duh: :confused: :brick:

AZ Snake Fan
02-11-2017, 07:08 PM

More details on 2017 changes:

Race Format: Explaining the Stages
Across NASCAR's three national series -- the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, the NASCAR XFINITY Series and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series -- all have competition enhancements that will be implemented in 2017. Races will consist of three stages -- Stage 1, Stage 2 and the Final Stage -- which will vary by track and race length. Stage 1 and Stage 2 will each comprise approximately 25-30 percent of an event's total length with the Final Stage making up the remainder and determining the race winner.

(This is going to put so much pressure on pit crews, make crew chiefs go berserk trying to plan a strategy for rubber and fuel windows.)

Race Format: Point Perks
At the conclusion of Stage 1 and 2, drivers who are running in the top 10 will receive stage bonus points toward their current point total, starting with 10 points for first place, nine for second place and all the way down to one point for 10th place.

The final stage produces the race results with the winner receiving 40 points, second place receiving 35 points down to one point for the drivers that finish 36th through 40th. There are no longer bonus points for leading a lap or a bonus point for leading the most laps.

(so, theoretically, a driver can finish 1st or 2nd in the first two stages, come in second in the final stage and wind up with more points than the race winner ?)

Race Format: Playoff Points
Stage winners will receive a playoff point that a driver can carry into the playoffs (the final 10 races) should that driver qualify for the 16-driver field. Race winners receive five playoff points for each race win (up from three). Playoff points will carry over to every round except once the Championship 4 is set.

In the past, the bonus was applied at the outset of the playoffs only. In addition, there will be a regular-season champion , who will receive a bonus of 15 playoff points. Second place earns 10 playoff points, third place earns eight, all the way down to 10th place earning one playoff bonus point. Once the playoffs begin, a win is still the surest way to advance.

(So, I guess these playoff points are combined with the stage leaders' and race winner's overall points ?)

Immediate Points in Duels
For the first time, points will be awarded based on drivers' performances in the Can-Am Duels at Daytona. The points will be awarded much like stage points will be awarded -- although there are no actual stages in this race -- a winner of a Duel gets 10 points, second place gets nine points and all the way down to 10th place earns one point. The twin races help set the full field lineup for the Daytona 500 -- although a race win here does not punch your ticket to the playoffs.

Participation Guidelines
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers with more than five years of full-time experience are limited to 10 races in the NASCAR XFINITY Series and seven in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Those guidelines also prohibit those drivers from participating in the final eight events of the season for the XFINITY and Truck Series -- that stretch includes the regular-season finale and all playoff races. The guidelines do not apply to drivers with fewer than five years of full-time experience in the top series.

(I am 100% ok with this rule, don't like seeing Cup drivers interfering with the XFIN and Truck competition. Don't mind novices watching and learning moves but veteran Cup drivers should stay out of the young kids' way during final competition.)

Rules Package and Rules Updates
NASCAR continues to further reduce downforce with the 2017 rules package. The downforce is expected to be around 1,500 pounds -- a reduction of about 500 pounds from 2016. The spoiler is also shorter. Most events (28 of the 36 points-paying races) will see a reduction in the number of tire sets in a race. Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams will also be required to start the race on the tires used in Coors Light Pole Qualifying.

(Still using the 43/24/12 round qual format ? Lots of tire wear to start a race, no ?
Bet TRD has that downforce package dialed in already !!!)

Damaged Vehicle Policy
Teams (in all three series) will no longer be allowed to replace damaged body parts that are the result of accidents or contact. Repairs (such as removing damaged sheet metal) will be allowed, however teams are given five minutes to fix damage once they enter pit road. If the damage requires the car to go behind pit wall or to the garage for repairs, the car will not be allowed to return to the race. Should the repairs take longer than the five minutes allowed, the car will not be permitted to return to the race.

(I predict lots of DNFs)

Dash 4 Cash
The Dash 4 Cash returns in the NASCAR XFINITY Series for 2017 with some changes. The four eligible drivers (running for XFINITY Series championship points) will be the top finishers in Stage 1 and Stage 2. Should the Stage 2 winners be the same as Stage 1, then it's the third-and fourth-place finishers from Stage 2. Two D4C "wins" earns a playoff berth. The program will begin at Phoenix (which was not part of the four tracks to use D4C last year) before continuing at Bristol and Richmond and then finishing up at Dover.

Kids Drive NASCAR
Starting this season for all NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, kids ages 12 and younger will be admitted for free. Many race tracks have a host of offerings geared toward youth, such as youth autograph sessions, youth garage tours and designated kids' zones. The number of complementary tickets available for children 12 and younger will vary from venue to venue for every adult ticket purchased.

(Comments in parentheses mine) :confused:

More
http://galleries.nascar.com/gallery/897/key-changes-in-nascar-for-2017#/0

~~~~~~~~~

• NASCAR set its regulations on tire allocation for all three series in 2017. In the Monster Energy Cup Series, the number of tire sets available to teams per event dropped for 28 of the 36 points-paying races.

Tracks with two or three fewer set of tires allowed next season: Homestead (three fewer sets), Daytona (500 only, two fewer sets), Phoenix (two fewer sets for both races), Martinsville (two fewer sets for both races), Bristol (two fewer sets for both races), Kansas (two fewer sets for both races), Auto Club (two fewer sets), Kentucky (two fewer sets) and Chicagoland (two fewer sets). Tracks with one fewer set of tires allowed next season: Michigan (both races), Atlanta, Las Vegas, Texas (both races), Dover (both races), Charlotte (both races), Indianapolis, Pocono (both races) and Richmond (both races).

• In 2017, Monster Energy Cup teams will be required to start the race on the tires they used in Coors Light Pole Qualifying. This change does not apply to the XFINITY or Camping World Truck Series.

• Drivers in all three series may use biometrics devices in their vehicles in 2017. The wrist-worn health tracking devices may not transmit data, may not connect to the vehicle in any way and must operate on an internal battery. Devices eligible for use are certain models made by Garmin, Misfit, Polar, Samsung, Tom Tom and Jawbone.

• The 2017 aerodynamic package for non-restrictor plate tracks in the Monster Energy Cup Series will feature a shortened rear spoiler, measuring 2.35 inches tall. The standard rear-spoiler height for premier series teams last season was 3.5 inches, with a 2.5-inch tall spoiler used at Kentucky and both Michigan races as auditions for this season.

• For superspeedway events at Daytona and Talladega, the restrictor plate opening will be smaller by 1/64 of an inch -- reduced from 57/64 to 7/8. The change affects only the Monster Energy Cup and XFINITY series for those two tracks.

• Additional safety guidelines were issued for restrictor-plate events for Monster Energy Cup and XFINITY teams. Among them, the previously optional roof hatch is now mandatory as an alternate escape route. Competition officials have also required the use of energy-absorbing materials to strengthen the area occupied by the drivers' feet in the cockpit.

• Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams will be required to carry a roof-mounted camera assembly at all times, whether in use by broadcast partner networks or not.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/14/nascar-competition-2017-season-rule-book-memo.html

Peanut
02-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the information, AZ.

I'm going to have to watch a few races before I'll be able to tell if I'll like the changes (or understand them). Sorry I can't answer any of your questions. I read a paragraph and I'm like "What?". :D

Three things stand out to me: Points in Duels -- It is a race, so I guess they should get points.

Participation Guidelines -- Even though the Cup drivers didn't get points toward the championship, them being out there did change things for the regulars. I think this is a good change.

And Damaged Vehicle Policy -- I agree. Lots of DNFs. Some of those teams worked really hard to get the car back out on the track to pick up spots and points and sometimes, it did make a difference. It does even out the top teams who have the people and equipment and the smaller teams that do not have the same resources. I don't think that's why they're doing it, though. Safety?

BroncosFanInPA
02-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Lots of stuff there AZ, thx for the update & i agree with Peanut about letting this play out to see how it will be.

Look, i understand a lot of us are not sure & really just tired of the constant changes they make & would like to go back to what it used to be...well i think we can all agree that things will never be what they once were. for better or for worse things change, even the NFL has made small changes over time such as the 2 point attempt & more recent moving the extra point back.

I understand why nascar is trying new things, because attendance is probably at an all-time low & most likely interest in general for watching on tv as well, in fact many can't even watch some of the races these days with the different networks, but back to the changes...

these upcoming changes may be the biggest & boldest of the all & how will it affect things & how will we all like or dislike it? nobody can say as of yet but i will at the least give nascar credit for trying to to something to bring people back to the sport & perhaps bring in new fans.

time will tell how these changes will impact the sport but i say let's at least give it a few months before we pass judgement on if it is a bad thing or a good thing, with that being said...

let's get ready for some racing!! Daytona 500 is almost upon us, enjoy it all

AZ Snake Fan
02-12-2017, 11:04 AM

I'm ready for racing PA !! :D

If Nascar wants to boost it's ratings, they should go back to local broadcast networks instead of all these cable stations. Lots of folks have cut the cord and the cable companies are going down the tubes.

Yeah, we'll see how it all plays out soon enough.
I'm just trying to get a grip on all the changes..

Yep PA, Daytona is almost here, let's "enjoy it all."

Peanut
02-12-2017, 02:31 PM

I'm ready for racing PA !! :D

If Nascar wants to boost it's ratings, they should go back to local broadcast networks instead of all these cable stations. Lots of folks have cut the cord and the cable companies are going down the tubes.

Yeah, we'll see how it all plays out soon enough.
I'm just trying to get a grip on all the changes..

Yep PA, Daytona is almost here, let's "enjoy it all."

We still have cable and this is the main reason why. I want my sports without having to pay extra or rely on the weather. I'm not even sure if we're allowed a dish in our community.

I do agree that they need to go back to more mainstream networks, though. I know Jaws has not been able to watch many of the races.

PA, I'll be watching. It's still racing. I'll just have to remember all the rule changes. The announcers are usually good about reminding us.

Thinking more about the changes AZ posted above, I think the Damaged Vehicle Policy is going to have a bigger impact than almost any other rule. As AZ said, more DNFs.

I don't want to add to the empty seats at Dover, but again, we have to make a decision. I already told hubby that I am taking him to a Redskins game this year. :D The cost of two tickets is like 4-5 tickets on the front stretch at Dover. Broncos are worth it. Dover next year. Unless the Broncos are in town.

kingelway7
02-13-2017, 11:34 AM
More details on 2017 changes:

Race Format: Explaining the Stages
Across NASCAR's three national series -- the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, the NASCAR XFINITY Series and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series -- all have competition enhancements that will be implemented in 2017. Races will consist of three stages -- Stage 1, Stage 2 and the Final Stage -- which will vary by track and race length. Stage 1 and Stage 2 will each comprise approximately 25-30 percent of an event's total length with the Final Stage making up the remainder and determining the race winner.

Race Format: Point Perks
At the conclusion of Stage 1 and 2, drivers who are running in the top 10 will receive stage bonus points toward their current point total, starting with 10 points for first place, nine for second place and all the way down to one point for 10th place.

The final stage produces the race results with the winner receiving 40 points, second place receiving 35 points down to one point for the drivers that finish 36th through 40th. There are no longer bonus points for leading a lap or a bonus point for leading the most laps.

Race Format: Playoff Points
Stage winners will receive a playoff point that a driver can carry into the playoffs (the final 10 races) should that driver qualify for the 16-driver field. Race winners receive five playoff points for each race win (up from three). Playoff points will carry over to every round except once the Championship 4 is set.

In the past, the bonus was applied at the outset of the playoffs only. In addition, there will be a regular-season champion , who will receive a bonus of 15 playoff points. Second place earns 10 playoff points, third place earns eight, all the way down to 10th place earning one playoff bonus point. Once the playoffs begin, a win is still the surest way to advance.

Immediate Points in Duels
For the first time, points will be awarded based on drivers' performances in the Can-Am Duels at Daytona. The points will be awarded much like stage points will be awarded -- although there are no actual stages in this race -- a winner of a Duel gets 10 points, second place gets nine points and all the way down to 10th place earns one point. The twin races help set the full field lineup for the Daytona 500 -- although a race win here does not punch your ticket to the playoffs.

Participation Guidelines
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers with more than five years of full-time experience are limited to 10 races in the NASCAR XFINITY Series and seven in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Those guidelines also prohibit those drivers from participating in the final eight events of the season for the XFINITY and Truck Series -- that stretch includes the regular-season finale and all playoff races. The guidelines do not apply to drivers with fewer than five years of full-time experience in the top series.

(I am 100% ok with this rule, don't like seeing Cup drivers interfering with the XFIN and Truck competition. Don't mind novices watching and learning moves but veteran Cup drivers should stay out of the young kids' way during final competition.)

Rules Package and Rules Updates
NASCAR continues to further reduce downforce with the 2017 rules package. The downforce is expected to be around 1,500 pounds -- a reduction of about 500 pounds from 2016. The spoiler is also shorter. Most events (28 of the 36 points-paying races) will see a reduction in the number of tire sets in a race. Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams will also be required to start the race on the tires used in Coors Light Pole Qualifying.

Damaged Vehicle Policy
Teams (in all three series) will no longer be allowed to replace damaged body parts that are the result of accidents or contact. Repairs (such as removing damaged sheet metal) will be allowed, however teams are given five minutes to fix damage once they enter pit road. If the damage requires the car to go behind pit wall or to the garage for repairs, the car will not be allowed to return to the race. Should the repairs take longer than the five minutes allowed, the car will not be permitted to return to the race.

Dash 4 Cash
The Dash 4 Cash returns in the NASCAR XFINITY Series for 2017 with some changes. The four eligible drivers (running for XFINITY Series championship points) will be the top finishers in Stage 1 and Stage 2. Should the Stage 2 winners be the same as Stage 1, then it's the third-and fourth-place finishers from Stage 2. Two D4C "wins" earns a playoff berth. The program will begin at Phoenix (which was not part of the four tracks to use D4C last year) before continuing at Bristol and Richmond and then finishing up at Dover.

Kids Drive NASCAR
Starting this season for all NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, kids ages 12 and younger will be admitted for free. Many race tracks have a host of offerings geared toward youth, such as youth autograph sessions, youth garage tours and designated kids' zones. The number of complementary tickets available for children 12 and younger will vary from venue to venue for every adult ticket purchased.
[I]

~~~~~~~~~

• NASCAR set its regulations on tire allocation for all three series in 2017. In the Monster Energy Cup Series, the number of tire sets available to teams per event dropped for 28 of the 36 points-paying races.

Tracks with two or three fewer set of tires allowed next season: Homestead (three fewer sets), Daytona (500 only, two fewer sets), Phoenix (two fewer sets for both races), Martinsville (two fewer sets for both races), Bristol (two fewer sets for both races), Kansas (two fewer sets for both races), Auto Club (two fewer sets), Kentucky (two fewer sets) and Chicagoland (two fewer sets). Tracks with one fewer set of tires allowed next season: Michigan (both races), Atlanta, Las Vegas, Texas (both races), Dover (both races), Charlotte (both races), Indianapolis, Pocono (both races) and Richmond (both races).

• In 2017, Monster Energy Cup teams will be required to start the race on the tires they used in Coors Light Pole Qualifying. This change does not apply to the XFINITY or Camping World Truck Series.

• Drivers in all three series may use biometrics devices in their vehicles in 2017. The wrist-worn health tracking devices may not transmit data, may not connect to the vehicle in any way and must operate on an internal battery. Devices eligible for use are certain models made by Garmin, Misfit, Polar, Samsung, Tom Tom and Jawbone.

• The 2017 aerodynamic package for non-restrictor plate tracks in the Monster Energy Cup Series will feature a shortened rear spoiler, measuring 2.35 inches tall. The standard rear-spoiler height for premier series teams last season was 3.5 inches, with a 2.5-inch tall spoiler used at Kentucky and both Michigan races as auditions for this season.

• For superspeedway events at Daytona and Talladega, the restrictor plate opening will be smaller by 1/64 of an inch -- reduced from 57/64 to 7/8. The change affects only the Monster Energy Cup and XFINITY series for those two tracks.

• Additional safety guidelines were issued for restrictor-plate events for Monster Energy Cup and XFINITY teams. Among them, the previously optional roof hatch is now mandatory as an alternate escape route. Competition officials have also required the use of energy-absorbing materials to strengthen the area occupied by the drivers' feet in the cockpit.

• Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series teams will be required to carry a roof-mounted camera assembly at all times, whether in use by broadcast partner networks or not.

What I Dont Like

The stages. Hate it. If they didnt throw a caution in between stages, and just awarded the points as the crossed the start/finish line at a set lap, I dont think Id mind it as much. In a place like here at Daytona or at Dega, theres already a million cautions, no need to add more. Plus theres already competition cautions when it rains the day before or the morning of a race day. So when theres a competition caution, will there also be a Stage 1 caution? Or will the competition caution be the caution to end Stage 1?

Points for the Duals. I didnt know about rewarding points for the Dual races until just now. Wow, I really hate that too. Thats just stupid. I dont care if the Duals are a "race"; they're used for qualifying. Are they gonna eventually start awarding points for each qualifying throughout the season???

Restrictor plates. I hate making them even smaller. I know its only 1/64th of an inch, but still. I hate it.

Tires Starting A Race. When you take into acct the cut in tire sets, I dont like that they're now having to start races with worn tires too.

What I Dont Mind

Fewer Tires. I dont mind them having fewer sets of tires. It adds a nice element of strategy to races; particularly to the end of races if lots of cautions start flying.

Limited Car Repairs. Itll probably result in more DNFs which will hurt drivers in the points even more when they wreck early, but at least itll keep cars off the track that basically get in the way - especially at the end of the race when drivers in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc are trying to catch up to the leader.

What I Like

Shorter Spoilers. The more slipping and sliding around, the better.

Race Limits: Im glad NASCAR is cracking down on top cup drivers being able to race as many XFINITY races as they please, and usually winning them too. (Looking at you Kyle Busch)

Kids Drive. IMO, despite the drop in attendance and viewership, NASCAR is the most fan friendly among the major sports when attending an event. Allowing kids 12 and under to go free to all XFINITY and Truck races builds even more upon that.

AZ Snake Fan
02-13-2017, 11:58 AM

PA and Peanut said for us to wait before we hate !!! :D

kingelway7
02-13-2017, 12:26 PM
While I dont love awarding points after a stage, its not to big a deal to me ultimately. What I dont like is stopping/cautioning the race. I have a feeling that when at a race, the cautioning of the race wont seem like a big deal. While when watching on TV, I have a feeling that its gonna seem like it takes forever for them to get back to racing.

I guess its a good thing that my first experience with the new stage format will be in person, not on TV.

kingelway7
02-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Just some info that, of everyone here, its only going to effect me, but Id thought Id share anyway...

It started last February, so it wasnt a big deal then, but now Daytona is full fledge into it - there is massive reconstruction of the exit on to and off of I-95 at the Speedway exit as well as at the I-95/I-4 interchange. It wasnt supposed to begin til 2020 but somehow Gov Rick Scott got it moved up 4 years!

Its not such a big issue with getting off exits as what it is getting back on the interstate, as you cant get back on I-95 from International Speedway Blvd (ISB; you either have to get on at the exit to the north of ISB or the exit to the south of ISB.

This is gonna to cause major traffic and frustration over the next 2 weeks.:ugh:

Peanut
02-13-2017, 12:53 PM
While I dont love awarding points after a stage, its not to big a deal to me ultimately. What I dont like is stopping/cautioning the race. I have a feeling that when at a race, the cautioning of the race wont seem like a big deal. While when watching on TV, I have a feeling that its gonna seem like it takes forever for them to get back to racing.

I guess its a good thing that my first experience with the new stage format will be in person, not on TV.

I'm not sure how I'll like the cautions for the stages. Last year, the Trucks has a 20 minute clock. I don't know if you watch the Truck series, but every 20 minutes, there would be a caution (if a real caution occurred, the clock would restart). I think the purpose was to take the fuel mileage race out. I wasn't thrilled with it, but it did add another element to the races. I really don't like fuel races, so it had that plus.

Like all changes, I'll get used to them and eventually accept them. What else can I do? Unless enough people complain, they won't change it back.

kingelway7
02-13-2017, 01:09 PM
I hoping it wont be as bad as its first sounding to me. I will say that I dont mind this change as much as the cautions/restarts at the end of the race. I really really hate the half way around the track thing. How often do they wreck between the restart and making it half way around? Almost never.

And when at a track like Bristol, Martinsville, or other 1 mile and under tracks, the leader makes it half way around in the blink of an eye. Then as soon as the leader crosses the half way point, theres a wreck somewhere in the middle of the pack involving cars that many times havent even made it half way themselves yet.

If theyre gonna keep this new half way thing, they should change it to where all cars on the track half to pass half way, not just the leader.

kingelway7
02-19-2017, 05:28 PM
After 4 hours at the track last night only to have the race postponed, I have to say that it was well worth the wait.

Not so much because of the race but because of qualifying. Who ever had a ticket to The Clash was able to stay for qualifying.

Not only did Jr qualify on the front row, I was able to get in Victory Lane for the celebration!

A great way to start the race week.

AZ Snake Fan
02-19-2017, 06:37 PM

Good for you KE7 !
Congrats to Chase and Jr !!
Have fun in Daytona this week !!!

kingelway7
02-22-2017, 06:57 AM
As of right now, theres a 90% chance of rain tomorrow through out the day and drops to 30% tomorrow night.

Not the weather report I wanted to wake up to this morning. Thankfully the 90% is during the day and not in the evening. But unless the rain totally stops by 5:30pm tomorrow evening, theres no way the track gets dried fast enough to start the Duals on time tomorrow night.:sad:

Peanut
02-22-2017, 12:07 PM
After 4 hours at the track last night only to have the race postponed, I have to say that it was well worth the wait.

Not so much because of the race but because of qualifying. Who ever had a ticket to The Clash was able to stay for qualifying.

Not only did Jr qualify on the front row, I was able to get in Victory Lane for the celebration!

A great way to start the race week.

Awesome! Kind of like a reward for hanging in there.

As of right now, theres a 90% chance of rain tomorrow through out the day and drops to 30% tomorrow night.

Not the weather report I wanted to wake up to this morning. Thankfully the 90% is during the day and not in the evening. But unless the rain totally stops by 5:30pm tomorrow evening, theres no way the track gets dried fast enough to start the Duals on time tomorrow night.:sad:

Hopefully, it won't rain. Have fun!

Hi, AZ!

kingelway7
02-22-2017, 07:37 PM
Well, it currently pouring here and has been for literally the last 12 straight hours. Tomorrows chance of rain has dropped though from 90% to 70%, and at race time tomorrow night its down to 20%. So, things are looking a tad bit better. The hour by hour forecast has the rain ending between 4-5pm tomorrow. If thats the case, and the skies continue to stay clear, they should have the track dry in time to start the Duals on time.

Fingers crossed.

Thankfully the forecast for Sunday is Sunshine w/ clear skies:peace:

Peanut
02-24-2017, 01:35 PM
Well, it currently pouring here and has been for literally the last 12 straight hours. Tomorrows chance of rain has dropped though from 90% to 70%, and at race time tomorrow night its down to 20%. So, things are looking a tad bit better. The hour by hour forecast has the rain ending between 4-5pm tomorrow. If thats the case, and the skies continue to stay clear, they should have the track dry in time to start the Duals on time.

Fingers crossed.

Thankfully the forecast for Sunday is Sunshine w/ clear skies:peace:

I haven't seen the first race yet so I don't know how the weather was during the day, but it seems like the Duals went off on time.

Have fun Sunday!

BroncosFanInPA
02-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Wow! what an incredible crash on the final lap of the truck race, glad everyone is ok & my god that had to be scary for crafton... thankfully he landed right side up back on the ground instead of on his roof because that could have been super bad.

It's the nature of the beast with these restrictor plate races...it's not a matter of if, just a matter of when it happens & it almost always happens on the final lap across all series racing.

I would like to see a clean 500 but i know the odds are against it...enjoy it all :thumb:

Peanut
02-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Wow! what an incredible crash on the final lap of the truck race, glad everyone is ok & my god that had to be scary for crafton... thankfully he landed right side up back on the ground instead of on his roof because that could have been super bad.

It's the nature of the beast with these restrictor plate races...it's not a matter of if, just a matter of when it happens & it almost always happens on the final lap across all series racing.

I would like to see a clean 500 but i know the odds are against it...enjoy it all :thumb:

I'm also glad that Crafton didn't land on Sauter cab.

The second stage finish was better than the first stage. They raced like it was the end of the race.

I'd really like for them to either get rid of the 5 minute rule or modify it. Way too many trucks out.

Peanut
02-26-2017, 03:32 PM
There aren't going to be any cars left. :eek:

BroncosFanInPA
02-26-2017, 03:35 PM
This is a disgrace...that is about all i can say right now

BroncosFanInPA
02-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Congrats to kurt & the #41 team for surviving the crash-fest & winning the daytona 500...

also congrats now to tony for finally getting one as an owner :salute:

AZ Snake Fan
02-26-2017, 09:15 PM

There aren't going to be any cars left. :eek:

My exact thought too.

This is a disgrace...that is about all i can say right now

:brick:

Congrats to kurt & the #41 team for surviving the crash-fest & winning the daytona 500...

also congrats now to tony for finally getting one as an owner :salute:

Silver lining PA : Kurt P1, Kevin P4
I had my doubts about the team going Ford.
Looks now like a pretty good move for S-HR.
Danika and Clint were competitive too until.....:brick:

kingelway7
02-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Well yesterday was total carnage. Sadly it started with Jr getting knocked out after finally grabbing the lead. People were pretty angry when Jr got knocked out. A bunch of people around me got up and left as soon as Jr wrecked. Once Jr wrecked I debated leaving since I had to be at jury duty at 7:30am this morning, but I stayed and Im glad I did. The end was quite exciting. I thought Larson would win once he grabbed the lead. I was hoping he would but then he ran outta gas. Im really happy that Kurt Busch. He's always been a secondary fav of mine.

Some things from the race that those who werent there dont know.

Jr was quite pissed off at Jamie McMurray. Jr told his spotter several times that McMurray needed to get off his [butt] because was being careless with bump drafting and was gonna wreck the field if he didnt cut it out. Jr was annoyed during the 1st stage at Chase Elliot for being too aggressive to early; throwing aggressive blocks when they werent even through the 1st stage.

Truex Jr was baffled how long it took for anyone to make a move at the end of the race. He didnt understand it. Over and over he kept saying "what is everyones deal. what are they waiting for." Truex didnt wanna start a move himself cause he wasnt sure if anyone would go with him.

With around 15 laps to go, Kyle Larson's crew chief told him he had enough gas to make it all the way and to not worry about conserving.....I dont know how the crew chief messed that up - as Larson ran out of fuel on the last lap.

Chase Elliot was conserving fuel for quite a while at the end. He was having to do some coasting and shut things off starting with around 25 laps to go. Elliots crew chief told him that if he had a big lead on the last lap that it would probably be wise to shut the engine off once he came out of turn 4 the final time.

Peanut
02-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Well yesterday was total carnage. Sadly it started with Jr getting knocked out after finally grabbing the lead. People were pretty angry when Jr got knocked out. A bunch of people around me got up and left as soon as Jr wrecked. Once Jr wrecked I debated leaving since I had to be at jury duty at 7:30am this morning, but I stayed and Im glad I did. The end was quite exciting. I thought Larson would win once he grabbed the lead. I was hoping he would but then he ran outta gas. Im really happy that Kurt Busch. He's always been a secondary fav of mine.

Some things from the race that those who werent there dont know.

Jr was quite pissed off at Jamie McMurray. Jr told his spotter several times that McMurray needed to get off his [butt] because was being careless with bump drafting and was gonna wreck the field if he didnt cut it out. Jr was annoyed during the 1st stage at Chase Elliot for being too aggressive to early; throwing aggressive blocks when they werent even through the 1st stage.

Truex Jr was baffled how long it took for anyone to make a move at the end of the race. He didnt understand it. Over and over he kept saying "what is everyones deal. what are they waiting for." Truex didnt wanna start a move himself cause he wasnt sure if anyone would go with him.

With around 15 laps to go, Kyle Larson's crew chief told him he had enough gas to make it all the way and to not worry about conserving.....I dont know how the crew chief messed that up - as Larson ran out of fuel on the last lap.

Chase Elliot was conserving fuel for quite a while at the end. He was having to do some coasting and shut things off starting with around 25 laps to go. Elliots crew chief told him that if he had a big lead on the last lap that it would probably be wise to shut the engine off once he came out of turn 4 the final time.

Thanks for sharing the "inside" information.

I wanted Larson to win. I guess his CC needs a new calculator. Although, being out front on the last lap is iffy at restrictor plate racing.

AZ Snake Fan
02-27-2017, 09:19 PM

Things I liked about the Daytona 500:

Pastor Ronnie Barton reciting the pre-race invocation.
Jordan Sparks rendition of our National Anthem.
The fly over by the US Air Force Thunderbirds.
Owen Wilson’s command for drivers to start their engines.
And I even liked LT waving the green.
But I liked Jeff Gordon’s ride the most !!!
:D
~~~
Notable quotes:
Kyle: “Obviously Goodyear tires aren’t very good at holding air.” :rolleyes:
Jr: “At least we went out leading the race”. :thumb:

roushmartin6
02-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Was a pretty good 500, wanted Ryan Blamey to win but cool to see Ford and Kurt back in victory Lane. Only 39 on the entry list so far for Atlanta is not a good sign.

FL BRONCO
02-28-2017, 08:07 PM
It was definitely nice to see Kurt take it, he has come a long way. It was also veeeery nice to see Tony win it as an owner. Good for both of them that has to be very satisfying for both of them.

BroncosFanInPA
03-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Harvick was robbed of the win today because nobody was beating him...

The # 4 team should go find the # 3 team and pound them into the ground :fight: for not getting off the track & causing the caution :rolleyes:

AZ Snake Fan
03-05-2017, 05:38 PM

Kevin kinda beat himself after that.
Speeding penalty on pit road.
Back to the very end of the pack.
Then he got back to P9 at the checker.
He definitely had the best car today.
Kevin got 20 pts for the 2 stages and whatever 9th is worth.
Add in the 4th at Daytona, Kevin should be up there.

After Kevin got the penalty, I was pulling for Larson.
Kyle didn't stay on the bottom like his CC told him.
That cost Kyle the checker.

I'm getting used to this stage stuff. :D

Peanut
03-13-2017, 01:35 PM
About Harvick. He did apologize to his crew. I was wondering how the crew reacted to his mistake. All the times that Harvick criticized them on camera? Someone should have stuck a mic in the crew area. :D Yesterday, it was the response team being too slow. He put the window net down, indicating that he was okay.

I'm getting used to the segments.

IndyCar is back. :D

brianmcfarlane
03-13-2017, 02:21 PM
............................ Truex WINS! ............................ :D
I didn't think he had the car to get it there at the end. Gladly Keslowski's car was the one that didn't have it.

On the Kyle and Logano incident ...
I thought it was fairly obvious that Logano intentionally went up into Kyle probably due to the contact just before that with Kyle hitting/tapping? Logano.
Kyle was an idiot to go after Logano though, nothing to accomplish there.
I think Logano is a liar though. :2cents:

Peanut
03-13-2017, 03:07 PM
............................ Truex WINS! ............................ :D
I didn't think he had the car to get it there at the end. Gladly Keslowski's car was the one that didn't have it.

On the Kyle and Logano incident ...
I thought it was fairly obvious that Logano intentionally went up into Kyle probably due to the contact just before that with Kyle hitting/tapping? Logano.
Kyle was an idiot to go after Logano though, nothing to accomplish there.
I think Logano is a liar though. :2cents:

I was happy for Truex.

Brad took the blame for getting in the way. He's Logano's teammate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it was intentional. These are pro drivers. It's very easy for them to fake a loose condition (like JR needing a caution so he spins himself out. Most drivers just don't announce it to the world :D ).

Yes, Kyle still has some of his idiot tendencies. I've mentioned that I'm a non-violent person, but my first thought was that Kyle should not go into enemy territory without his crew.

BroncosFanInPA
03-13-2017, 03:39 PM
I was happy for Truex.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it was intentional. These are pro drivers. It's very easy for them to fake a loose condition (like JR needing a caution so he spins himself out. Most drivers just don't announce it to the world :D ).

Yes, Kyle still has some of his idiot tendencies. I've mentioned that I'm a non-violent person, but my first thought was that Kyle should not go into enemy territory without his crew.

Ok my take on what went down is this...kyle didn't have much choice, he either slams into the back of the #2 car or tries to avoid him & in the process of doing so he bumped into logano which likely upset joey.

logano then decides to dive into the corner as hard as he can knowing it likely won't stick& he will end up slamming into the side of the #18 car, so yes i say that part was intentional but i don't think logano expected it to result in kyle spinning out of control but rather just more of a bump back at him.

So i see it as the intent to run into kyle but maybe not to crash him out if that makes sense?

Also where the heck was the 18 crew guys at? they had to know where kyle was headed...also i think logano has had problems with like half the field it seems over the years but yet his personality just doesn't fit the part

InElwayWeTrust
03-13-2017, 03:40 PM
I was happy for Truex.

I hung out with Kyle's wife Samantha for most of the race and it was pretty interesting. Had a lot of fun. Here's the story if you'd like to read it. (P.S. That's me wearing the white shirt, behind her over her shoulder in the the picture :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/mar/13/heres-how-samantha-busch-wife-of-kyle-spends-race/

https://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2017/03/12/0312Nascar03_t653.JPG?214bc4f9d9bd7c08c7d0f6599bb3 328710e01e7b

Peanut
03-13-2017, 04:19 PM
I hung out with Kyle's wife Samantha for most of the race and it was pretty interesting. Had a lot of fun. Here's the story if you'd like to read it. (P.S. That's me wearing the white shirt, behind her over her shoulder in the the picture :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/mar/13/heres-how-samantha-busch-wife-of-kyle-spends-race/

https://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2017/03/12/0312Nascar03_t653.JPG?214bc4f9d9bd7c08c7d0f6599bb3 328710e01e7b

Cool. Nice to see you.

Great article.

InElwayWeTrust
03-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Cool. Nice to see you.

Great article.

Thanks Peanut!

Freyaka
03-14-2017, 05:55 PM
Lol, well that was fun. Just finished watching the race reply, fun finish there.

Peanut
03-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Everything is great. :D

Larson needed maybe two more laps. I'd like to see him a little more aggressive at the end of a race, but he is getting some good finishes. His way, he's the points leader. My way, he could be in more wrecks.

I hope they do more than "have a talk and drink some Coke" to Ty Dillion for what he did in the Xfinity race. For a Cup driver (even a rookie) to retaliate on track, with his car, to a regular X driver.....that annoyed me. If he was still in X, that would make it a bit different. His comments were almost like, "Don't you know who I am?".

kingelway7
03-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Another race, another piss poor finish for Jr. This one is the most aggravating as Jr went into the race with a great car at a track he runs great at. At the beginning of the race the car looked great then it just fell apart.

Post race Jr said that he knew it would take time for his team to gel back together again and get rolling after him being out for the last half of the season, but we are now 4 races in and Ive seen no improvement really.

I know he had no brakes at the end but why not stay out like Newman and Stenhouse did??? It was all of a mere 2 laps. Roll the dice, man. I know it wasnt Jr's call, it was Greg Ives' call, but come on. You gotta gamble, especially when youve yet to finish better than 14th all year and youre at a track that Jr has won 3 times at before.

Freyaka
03-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Pretty fun race over all. We're only 4 races in and I've already watched 4 races more than I did in 2016.

Peanut
03-21-2017, 02:24 PM

They put it on a t-shirt. Proceeds benefit the KBFoundation. A bit of humor. Something good coming from something not so good.

Rastic
03-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Flipping through the channels the other day NASCAR was on, the last 20 or 30 minutes of Monster Energy Cup Kobalt 400 Vegas. My two older daughters (11 and 6) we with me and started asking questions cause, well, I'm their dad and to them I apparently know everything :D

Disappointment looms for us all.

It was kind of fun and intriguing with a good finish and the girls were at least slightly interested and then...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YWX5BL4XDks/Vg1j_d6cTXI/AAAAAAAAAF0/AbnziqiPloc/s1600/batman-pow-99837429387.png
The real match began as Busch punched Logano and was then subsequently mauled by Logano's pit crew.

The girls were really confused, the younger's face going from bewilderment to concern and back again, asking what, why, etc...

All I could answer was "Amurica."

We skipped the races this past week. :laugh:

Peanut
03-21-2017, 10:54 PM
Flipping through the channels the other day NASCAR was on, the last 20 or 30 minutes of Monster Energy Cup Kobalt 400 Vegas. My two older daughters (11 and 6) we with me and started asking questions cause, well, I'm their dad and to them I apparently know everything :D

Disappointment looms for us all.

It was kind of fun and intriguing with a good finish and the girls were at least slightly interested and then...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YWX5BL4XDks/Vg1j_d6cTXI/AAAAAAAAAF0/AbnziqiPloc/s1600/batman-pow-99837429387.png
The real match began as Busch punched Logano and was then subsequently mauled by Logano's pit crew.

The girls were really confused, the younger's face going from bewilderment to concern and back again, asking what, why, etc...

All I could answer was "Amurica."

We skipped the races this past week. :laugh:

:laugh:

NASCAR is a contact sport, you know.

Freyaka
03-22-2017, 12:04 PM
:laugh:

NASCAR is a contact sport, you know.

I know that Busch is your favorite and all, but boy I enjoyed that lol... The funny thing is he was starting to grow on me a little before that incident, now he's pretty much back at square one.

Southstander
03-22-2017, 12:11 PM
Rest In Peace Pete Hamilton. Hamilton was 74 years old, he was pulled the 1970 Daytona 500.

Peanut
03-22-2017, 12:12 PM
I know that Busch is your favorite and all, but boy I enjoyed that lol... The funny thing is he was starting to grow on me a little before that incident, now he's pretty much back at square one.

He's one of my favorites. Larson and Erik Jones are kind of passing him. I used to like Joey. I mentioned recently that that has changed (before this incident).

Peanut
03-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Restrictor plates at Indy? Possible for Pocono and Michigan? Not the first time outside the 2 super speedways. They want to improve competitive racing.

A definite for Xfinity. Can't find anything for Cup.

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/nascar-orders-restrictor-plates-indianapolis-xfinity-series-event

Patrick wants her $50,000 back (for wrecking Gilliland under caution in 2015) and I don't blame her. NASCAR didn't fine A. Dillion for wrecking Custer. A Cup regular retaliating against an X driver and nothing happens?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/3/24/cole-custer-austin-dillon-meet-with-nascar-officials-xfinity-series.html

Oh, and the "Everything is great" shirts? They sell for $22.00. I saw it when I posted above, but didn't connect it to Joey.

AZ Snake Fan
03-24-2017, 08:26 PM

Kyle Larson won P1 in the quals today.
Congrats to Kyle.

Johnson spun out and had to go to a backup car.
He did not participate in the quals.

Neither did Logano, Trevor Bayne, Matt DiBenedetto, and rookie Gray Gaulding.
None of them could pass inspection.

So, they will all go to the back but....
They will all have fresh tires since they didn't run the quals.

Let's have a good race at Auto Club !!!

( And Danika should get some interest on that 50k Peanut )

Peanut
03-26-2017, 04:19 PM

Larson needed maybe two more laps. I'd like to see him a little more aggressive at the end of a race, but he is getting some good finishes. His way, he's the points leader. My way, he could be in more wrecks.

I hope they do more than "have a talk and drink some Coke" to Ty Dillion for what he did in the Xfinity race. For a Cup driver (even a rookie) to retaliate on track, with his car, to a regular X driver.....that annoyed me. If he was still in X, that would make it a bit different. His comments were almost like, "Don't you know who I am?".

Apparently I had the wrong Dillion in this post. At least Ty is a rookie. No excuse for Austin. Read an article where his attitude was annoying to me. Fortunately for me, I don't read too much about him (or him). :D

Oh, and congrats, Larson!

BroncosFanInPA
03-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Larson is on it big time this season & now that he got the win... the flood gates may open up.

Also was good to see Bowyer with a really strong run in the #14 car & i hope to see him in victory lane soon.

So that's 5 winners in 5 races & even though every year starts like this & you think maybe there could be more than 16 winners meaning points would come into play. this has the potential once again to reach that point because of who is yet to win...

harvick, johnson, earnhart, kahne, klye busch, hamlin, kenseth, logano, bowyer, elliot...that is 10 more potentially legit winners

you then have guys like blaney, erik jones, austin dillon & don't forget aj allmendinger who is a serious threat on the road courses...time will tell if it goes down that path

kingelway7
03-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Larson is on it big time this season & now that he got the win... the flood gates may open up.

Also was good to see Bowyer with a really strong run in the #14 car & i hope to see him in victory lane soon.

So that's 5 winners in 5 races & even though every year starts like this & you think maybe there could be more than 16 winners meaning points would come into play. this has the potential once again to reach that point because of who is yet to win...

harvick, johnson, earnhart, kahne, klye busch, hamlin, kenseth, logano, bowyer, elliot...that is 10 more potentially legit winners

you then have guys like blaney, erik jones, austin dillon & don't forget aj allmendinger who is a serious threat on the road courses...time will tell if it goes down that path

At this rate, Jr isnt gonna win a damn thing. He's yet to finish higher than 14th through the first 5 races. Today was another abysmal finish of 16th.

Peanut
03-27-2017, 12:12 AM
At this rate, Jr isnt gonna win a damn thing. He's yet to finish higher than 14th through the first 5 races. Today was another abysmal finish of 16th.

I wonder if his health issues have anything to do with it? Maybe it'll take a couple more races to get him fully back into it.

kingelway7
03-27-2017, 06:43 AM
I wonder if his health issues have anything to do with it?

I doubt it. If it was health related, he would have been having abysmal performances from the start. He hasnt though. He dominated his Dual race until 3 laps to go and he was looking great during the 500 until he ran into bad luck and wreck while leading the race.

Fontana has never been historically great for Jr, a piss poor performance there though after 5 straight piss poor performances to start the season makes yesterday much more frustrating than what it would have been had his season started better.

The next 5 tracks they go to are all great tracks for Jr - Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega. If things dont get turned around by the end of those 5 races, it could be a long summer.

Peanut
03-27-2017, 11:55 AM
I doubt it. If it was health related, he would have been having abysmal performances from the start. He hasnt though. He dominated his Dual race until 3 laps to go and he was looking great during the 500 until he ran into bad luck and wreck while leading the race.

Fontana has never been historically great for Jr, a piss poor performance there though after 5 straight piss poor performances to start the season makes yesterday much more frustrating than what it would have been had his season started better.

The next 5 tracks they go to are all great tracks for Jr - Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega. If things dont get turned around by the end of those 5 races, it could be a long summer.

I was thinking more about the mental aspects, as in "getting back into the swing of things". I couldn't think of a way to say it at the time besides "JR has mental problems" and I didn't think that sounded too good. :D

Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.

kingelway7
03-27-2017, 01:33 PM
Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.

Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.

Peanut
03-27-2017, 02:13 PM
Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.

I try not to compare people like that. As you said, they're different. I was not a fan of Sr, on track. That's part of how I became a Skinner fan. Underdog, the unwanted teammate. At least, that's how it was at the beginning (or how it appeared). I like Jr, on and off the track.

AZ Snake Fan
03-31-2017, 05:43 PM

Quals for the Cup race rained out today.
Line up will be from owner's points.
Kyle Larson P1, Chase Elliott, P2

It will be interesting to see how all the younger guys will do.
Wonder how much the 5 minute rule will play in ?
Used to be many cars finished that race without fenders lol.
Hope to see a lot of trading paint.at the Paperclip !!!

FL BRONCO
03-31-2017, 06:39 PM

I don't think so. He has what 26 cup wins including 2 Daytonna 500's and has been competitive for most of what 20 yrs or close to it anyway. He definitely won't be near as successful as his father, but he has hardly been a failure. He has been pretty classy the whole time and that's a pretty good career already if he never wins again imo.

Now Kyle Petty, that is another story.

kingelway7
04-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.

BroncosFanInPA
04-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.

I can say i know how you feel having watched tony go through some really rough times not only on track but off as well & let me tell you it was hard to accept how he was performing on the track & just knowing that he was not the racer he once was & i think most of it stemmed from the stuff away from nascar & in particular the accident with kevin ward.

Back to Jr...i certainly don't think he is anywhere near that kind of place in his racing career & i honestly think it's about him getting back into the groove & getting chemistry back with his whole team, after all he was out the last half of last season & it takes time to get the mojo back sometimes.

Best advice i can offer is this...no matter how well or how poor he may be doing, just try to enjoy watching your guy out there racing because there will come a day when he is no longer out there & you will miss it for sure.

AZ Snake Fan
04-07-2017, 08:01 PM

Great advice PA !

Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/4/7/teams-miss-monster-energy-series-qualifying-texas.html
(At least they’ll be on new tires)

Quals:
Five Fords out front.!!!
P1 Harvick
P2 Blaney
P3 Clint
P4 Joey
P5 Brad

Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.

Peanut
04-07-2017, 09:15 PM

Great advice PA !

Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/4/7/teams-miss-monster-energy-series-qualifying-texas.html
(At least they’ll be on new tires)

Quals:
Five Fords out front.!!!
P1 Harvick
P2 Blaney
P3 Clint
P4 Joey
P5 Brad

Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.

Cars failing pre-qualifying inspection. Is there more of that this year? Or am I just paying more attention? Some big names in there.

I demand they re-inspect those Fords! :D They're doing a lot better than the past few years.

Should be a fun race.

kingelway7
04-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Jr ran in the top 10 all day and top 5 most of the day and finished 5th!!!!!

He is always good at Texas, which is also here he scored his 1st career win. And what sucks is now he cant build on that moment right away because they're off next week because of Easter. But Im elated that he finally had a good day!

AZ Snake Fan
04-21-2017, 06:26 PM

Quals at Bristol canceled due to rain.
P1- Larson
P2- Chase
P3- Truex
P4- Joey
P5- Brad
P6- Blaney

There's your first 3 rows race fans.
Nice mix of the old and new guys.

Short tracks, love 'em !!
Want to see some paint trading Sunday !!!

BroncosFanInPA
04-21-2017, 08:14 PM
So i saw that they moved the charlotte race in the chase from sat. night to sunday afternoon which now means there is not a single night race in the chase...what is up with that?

Also is it just me or are we so far into the season already without a sat. night race? not one scheduled until mid may?? i don't recall going that late into the start of a season before the first night race.

Seems like nascar is trying to move away from night racing which is baffling to me because that is usually when the action is at it's best under the lights...

thoughts guys & gals?

Peanut
04-22-2017, 11:31 PM

Quals at Bristol canceled due to rain.
P1- Larson
P2- Chase
P3- Truex
P4- Joey
P5- Brad
P6- Blaney

There's your first 3 rows race fans.
Nice mix of the old and new guys.

Short tracks, love 'em !!
Want to see some paint trading Sunday !!!

Thanks for the line up.

Good race today with the X cars. Remember, everyone. Don't grab someone by the shoulders during a red flag.

So i saw that they moved the charlotte race in the chase from sat. night to sunday afternoon which now means there is not a single night race in the chase...what is up with that?

Also is it just me or are we so far into the season already without a sat. night race? not one scheduled until mid may?? i don't recall going that late into the start of a season before the first night race.

Seems like nascar is trying to move away from night racing which is baffling to me because that is usually when the action is at it's best under the lights...

thoughts guys & gals?

I don't remember when the first night race was. I hope they don't get rid of them. Love night races.

How about a night road course like in F1? Those are so cool.

And speaking of open wheels, congrats to Hinch a couple of weeks ago. His first win since his horrible accident.

AZ Snake Fan
04-23-2017, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the line up.

Good race today with the X cars. Remember, everyone. Don't grab someone by the shoulders during a red flag.

I don't remember when the first night race was. I hope they don't get rid of them. Love night races.

How about a night road course like in F1? Those are so cool.

And speaking of open wheels, congrats to Hinch a couple of weeks ago. His first win since his horrible accident.

Xfin was good, Bristol brings out the tempers as the kids are learning.

I was hoping for a night race tonight.
Now I have to try to keep up on my phone at work tomorrow. :sad:
10 am start time here on Monday.

thoughts guys & gals?

Not sure about the answer to that PA. NASCAR trying to save on the electric bill ?
I really like night races as well.
I dunno, you'll have to ask the fat cats at NASCAR.

~~~

I want to see more short tracks. All of the short tracks are in small market areas.
That means they have less hotels, restaurants and entertainment for the fans.
Bristol has had 55 consecutive sellouts from 1982 to 2010.
That's with seating increased from 30,000 to almost 160,000.

If some big market cities built half milers with 200,000+ seating, they'd hit the jackpot.
We can tell just by looking at the stands that the 1 1/2, 2 and 2 1/2 milers aren't as popular.
All have less seating than Bristol except for Texas and Indy.
Plus, long green flag runs are boring and usually get down to fuel mileage and pit strategy.

NASCAR races shouldn't come down to being a chess game.

Dega and Daytona races are getting more handcuffed with new restrictor and aero regulations every year.
They are getting boring too and I'm not one of those waiting for "the big one".
I don't like seeing an irresponsible and senseless move take out two thirds of the contenders.
2 1/2 mile Super Speedways in handcuffs are just as bad as the 1 1/2+ milers. Boring.

I'm fine with Dover, Richmond, PIR, Iowa and even Darlington.

NASCAR, give us more short tracks !
Tracks where drivers have to be bold and cars have to take a beating to win !!
More Bristols, Martinvilles and Eldoras !
Get back to the roots of NASCAR and you'll get more fans !!!

BroncosFanInPA
04-24-2017, 07:01 PM
I want to see more short tracks. All of the short tracks are in small market areas.
That means they have less hotels, restaurants and entertainment for the fans.
Bristol has had 55 consecutive sellouts from 1982 to 2010.
That's with seating increased from 30,000 to almost 160,000.

If some big market cities built half milers with 200,000+ seating, they'd hit the jackpot.
We can tell just by looking at the stands that the 1 1/2, 2 and 2 1/2 milers aren't as popular.
All have less seating than Bristol except for Texas and Indy.
Plus, long green flag runs are boring and usually get down to fuel mileage and pit strategy.

NASCAR races shouldn't come down to being a chess game.

Dega and Daytona races are getting more handcuffed with new restrictor and aero regulations every year.
They are getting boring too and I'm not one of those waiting for "the big one".
I don't like seeing an irresponsible and senseless move take out two thirds of the contenders.
2 1/2 mile Super Speedways in handcuffs are just as bad as the 1 1/2+ milers. Boring.

I'm fine with Dover, Richmond, PIR, Iowa and even Darlington.

NASCAR, give us more short tracks !
Tracks where drivers have to be bold and cars have to take a beating to win !!
More Bristols, Martinvilles and Eldoras !
Get back to the roots of NASCAR and you'll get more fans !!!

I couldn't agree more with that AZ, i have been saying for years that the dang schedule needs changed but nascar refuses to mess with it much at all & more short tracks would be great along with another road course race...

I would drop one race each from pocono, michigan & talladega...then replace them with iowa, maybe the short track at indy & a new road course, maybe road america?

also i would move the sonoma race in place of talladega in the chase because there should be a road course in the chase & talladega is just a crapshoot for everyone of the drivers & that's not the way a playoff race should be.

just my :2cents:

kingelway7
04-25-2017, 06:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-Qt8WuXUAAQ5Sc.jpg:large

Effective end of season.:sad:

I had a feeling that Jr would decide to hang it up after this season ends. Im gonna guess that his early season struggles have helped push him towards the decision, though his health, Im sure, is #1.

Sad day for me, indeed. Im inclined to think that Alex Bowman will drive the 88 come next season.

Peanut
04-25-2017, 10:45 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-Qt8WuXUAAQ5Sc.jpg:large

Effective end of season.:sad:

I had a feeling that Jr would decide to hang it up after this season ends. Im gonna guess that his early season struggles have helped push him towards the decision, though his health, Im sure, is #1.

Sad day for me, indeed. Im inclined to think that Alex Bowman will drive the 88 come next season.

Wow. I thought maybe he would race a few more years. I saw an interview and I know this last concussion really scared him. He's also at a really good place in his personal life. He seems more at peace. Sad for his fans, but I think he has his priorities right.

Peanut
04-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Out of all the names from ESPN's layoffs, one stood out. Jerry Punch. I will miss him.

kingelway7
04-27-2017, 06:15 AM
Out of all the names from ESPN's layoffs, one stood out. Jerry Punch. I will miss him.

A lot of the on air personalities that were let go will end up getting jobs with another network. I wouldnt be surprised to see Jerry Punch go over to FOX and guys like Ed Werder and Trent Dilfer to go over to NFL Network.

BroncosFanInPA
04-30-2017, 05:05 PM
I thought it was a good race today with lots of action...was hard to believe all the three wide racing that was going on. It was obvious that brad k. had the car to beat but strategy at the end i think cost him & gave the win to logano, so that now makes 7 winners in 9 races.

one thing that i didn't like was the whole commitment violation with the orange box...where the heck is the cone? i really don't understand why a cone would not be there as opposed to a orange painted square which has to be hard to judge & cost a few guys big time, like clint & maybe cost kyle the win.

Peanut
04-30-2017, 10:46 PM
A lot of the on air personalities that were let go will end up getting jobs with another network. I wouldnt be surprised to see Jerry Punch go over to FOX and guys like Ed Werder and Trent Dilfer to go over to NFL Network.

It would be nice. They become like old friends.

I thought it was a good race today with lots of action...was hard to believe all the three wide racing that was going on. It was obvious that brad k. had the car to beat but strategy at the end i think cost him & gave the win to logano, so that now makes 7 winners in 9 races.

one thing that i didn't like was the whole commitment violation with the orange box...where the heck is the cone? i really don't understand why a cone would not be there as opposed to a orange painted square which has to be hard to judge & cost a few guys big time, like clint & maybe cost kyle the win.

To go with your other post about night racing. It was mentioned that that's why they changed this race from Saturday night to Sunday. At night, they would all have been riding the bottom. A day race widened the groove so there was more side by side racing. I still like night racing, but I can see why they moved it.

Johnson didn't see Jr? I thought that was as bad as when Franchetti ran up the back of a car because he didn't know the race had ended (he retired shortly after). I read some of their tweets. Funny stuff. Jr said Jimmie made his CD skip. Jimmie said "We over came a lot today for a decent finish. I was even able to crash a teammate."

I don't think they could put a cone there because some cars were running low. They would have smashed the poor thing.

I think they need to do something about the zones on pit road, specifically the pie shaped areas. Going the same speed, no penalty if you're up top but it's speeding when you're closer to the pit stalls? That seems really unfair.

Prayers to John Andretti and family as he battles cancer.

kingelway7
05-01-2017, 06:27 AM
Johnson didn't see Jr? I thought that was as bad as when Franchetti ran up the back of a car because he didn't know the race had ended (he retired shortly after). I read some of their tweets. Funny stuff. Jr said Jimmie made his CD skip. Jimmie said "We over came a lot today for a decent finish. I was even able to crash a teammate."

Ugh. I was so aggravated. Jr's crew chief finally made a gamble that would hopefully pay off if there was a caution, and then he comes the caution. After races Jr has been posting live videos on his twitter about how the race went for him. Yesterday he said that his car was crap all day long until that last pit stop before he was ran into the wall. He said that Greg Ives made some awesome adjustments and he felt like he could finish up towards the top with the new adjustments had it not been for Johnson. He did say he believed that Jimmie never saw him and that he wasnt upset with Jimmie.

I have my fingers crossed for a win next week at Dega. If he does poorly there, then I just dont know anymore. I dont know if I'd have much hope left because he will have then run once this year on all of his best tracks, except Pocono, and finished poorly at each of them.

AZ Snake Fan
05-01-2017, 07:37 AM

You sound like PA did last year ke7 lol.
I personally think Jr will win one this season.
If not, I know it's tough, you'll just have to deal with it.
We've all seen our faves come and go.

It's been nice to hear Tony on the radio each week interacting with his drivers.
Tony will be around NASCAR for a long time.

Jr has made his his decision and I support him.
Jr will always be around racing like Tony.
It's in their blood.

Peanut
05-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Like many others, I have been wondering what Jr will do. Broadcast? He did good last year and he does a podcast. I hope he continues with his XFINITY teams and expand to a few Cup teams. There are a lot of talented drivers coming up. Byron, Christopher Bell (to XFINITY for JGR), Matt Tifft. Kyle Benjamin had his first Xfin race this past weekend (he's scheduled for 3 more and I think he skipped over the Truck series). Really impressive and was doing great until he was involved in that late race accident. Yes, there's a common thread with these drivers. JGR and KBM. Byron is with JRM now.

Travis Pastrana is coming back. Vegas in September.

kingelway7
05-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Like many others, I have been wondering what Jr will do. Broadcast? He did good last year and he does a podcast. I hope he continues with his XFINITY teams and expand to a few Cup teams.

During his retirement presser, Jr has stated that he will continue with his Xfinity teams as he really loves it. He did say he does not want to expand into Cup teams. In a round about way Jr implied that his Xfinity teams will feed Hendrick Motorsports Cup teams.

He also stated that he has committed already to running in 2 Xfinity series races next season, so Miami in November will not be the last of him we will see in a car on the track (he did not mention which 2 races).

I definitely see him in the booth doing broadcasting. He did a great job the couple of times he's been in the booth and appears to really enjoy it. My guess would that it would be with NBC for the 2nd half of the season since Gordon is with FOX for the first half.

Peanut
05-02-2017, 04:21 PM
During his retirement presser, Jr has stated that he will continue with his Xfinity teams as he really loves it. He did say he does not want to expand into Cup teams. In a round about way Jr implied that his Xfinity teams will feed Hendrick Motorsports Cup teams.

He also stated that he has committed already to running in 2 Xfinity series races next season, so Miami in November will not be the last of him we will see in a car on the track (he did not mention which 2 races).

I definitely see him in the booth doing broadcasting. He did a great job the couple of times he's been in the booth and appears to really enjoy it. My guess would that it would be with NBC for the 2nd half of the season since Gordon is with FOX for the first half.

Thanks for the information. I had only seen parts of his press conference.

No Cup teams? Too much of a headache? It seems that's kind of the arrangement Kyle Busch and Gibbs have. KB starts them in trucks and Gibbs takes over for X and Cup.

If Jr goes into broadcasting, I was hoping no one would get replaced. As silly as the Waltrip brothers get, I still like them.

Peanut
05-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Glad that's over with and no one got hurt.

Patrick finally made it to victory circle! :D

BroncosFanInPA
05-13-2017, 09:21 PM
let's hop that aric almirola is going to be ok....

on this topic, i must say i'm very disappointed with how danica patrick conductded herself...she seemed as if only to be concerned most about herself & how her race was ruined, as opposed to how a fellow racer was doing after a serious crash, at least joey logano had enough common sense & compassion to be concerned for aric.

shame on you danica :nono:

Peanut
05-13-2017, 09:31 PM

on this topic, i must say i'm very disappointed with how danica patrick conductded herself...she seemed as if only to be concerned most about herself & how her race was ruined, as opposed to how a fellow racer was doing after a serious crash, at least joey logano had enough common sense & compassion to be concerned for aric.

Had to go out, so I haven't seen the race, yet. I'm saving my races for Mother's Day.

I have seen some clips from SC. I hope Aric is okay.

I saw part of an interview with Patrick and she did mention Aric. I agree with Craven. It would not surprise me if this is her last year. And I wouldn't blame her.

Peanut
05-14-2017, 10:51 PM

Watched the race today. What I saw on SC was the last part of the interview. I totally see what you mean.

I understand that she was just in a serious accident, that it was scary, that she had a good run, that it was not her fault, that it's very frustrating but...she had to have known that it was red flagged. She had to have known that they had to cut Aric out.

Joey asked if Patrick was okay while he was still in the car. He mentioned Aric 4-5 times during his interview.

Maybe that's how she deals with stress.

Glad Aric is okay. I really hope he takes at least one week off.

Freyaka
05-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Watched the race today. What I saw on SC was the last part of the interview. I totally see what you mean.

I understand that she was just in a serious accident, that it was scary, that she had a good run, that it was not her fault, that it's very frustrating but...she had to have known that it was red flagged. She had to have known that they had to cut Aric out.

Joey asked if Patrick was okay while he was still in the car. He mentioned Aric 4-5 times during his interview.

Maybe that's how she deals with stress.

Glad Aric is okay. I really hope he takes at least one week off.

Latest I heard is he has a T5 vertebrae fracture. Could be more than just one week off with something like that.

roushmartin6
05-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Hope Aric is back soon. Wonder who will drive his car

Peanut
05-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Latest I heard is he has a T5 vertebrae fracture. Could be more than just one week off with something like that.

First report I heard early in the week was that he wanted to race this weekend, even knowing about the type of injury. I'm glad he's listening to the doctors.

Hope Aric is back soon. Wonder who will drive his car

Regan Smith. They're not sure how long Aric will be out.

BroncosFanInPA
05-29-2017, 05:57 PM
So we have another first time winner, congrats to austin dillion on his first career cup win & i'm not going to lie...i was so hoping that the 48 would run out of gas & either dillon or busch would get the win.

Now makes 9 winners although for all intent purposes logano's win doesn't count, i'm telling you this is the year that there very well may be more than 16 winners bringing points into play...still have 1. harvick 2. busch 3. hamlin 4. kenseth 5. bowyer 6. earnhart 7. kahne 8. elliot...mcmurray has been strong this year & don't forget almendinger at the road course races

BroncosFanInPA
06-04-2017, 03:43 PM
It's so disgusting watching that guy win stuff that somebody else deserved because larson had him beat, it was all but over...kinda how he won the championship last year...Carl Edwards had him beat & was going to win the cup but for a dam caution with just a couple laps to go.

I know it's not over til it's over & that is how the sport works, but damnit it just really stinks for the guy who had it won if the yellow don't come up & it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. i also hate the way this one ended because of the stupid overtime rule & making halfway around...this rule is beyond stupid & i may be wrong but i can't recall where it came into play that closely before.

I feel they should have to at least get back around once & take the white flag...i believe the main reason this dumb rule was put into place was because of daytona & talladega & all the crashing that happens there, but the rest of the tracks & mainly 1.5 mile or smaller they should adjust the rule for one full lap.

Ok, i am done ranting now :thumb:

Peanut
06-04-2017, 10:39 PM
It's so disgusting watching that guy win stuff that somebody else deserved because larson had him beat, it was all but over...kinda how he won the championship last year...Carl Edwards had him beat & was going to win the cup but for a dam caution with just a couple laps to go.

I know it's not over til it's over & that is how the sport works, but damnit it just really stinks for the guy who had it won if the yellow don't come up & it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. i also hate the way this one ended because of the stupid overtime rule & making halfway around...this rule is beyond stupid & i may be wrong but i can't recall where it came into play that closely before.

I feel they should have to at least get back around once & take the white flag...i believe the main reason this dumb rule was put into place was because of daytona & talladega & all the crashing that happens there, but the rest of the tracks & mainly 1.5 mile or smaller they should adjust the rule for one full lap.

Ok, i am done ranting now :thumb:

Congrats to Jimmie for the accomplishments.

I told hubby that they better not have a caution for debris. Two laps later, a caution. No debris, though (unless you consider the car debris :D ). I really wanted Larson to win. His other restarts were fine. Head games. He'll learn.

kingelway7
06-05-2017, 07:19 AM
I hated the half way line when it was first announced and I continue to hate it more and more every time it comes into play. I can live with keeping the half way line on large tracks like Daytona, Dega, Pocono, Indy, Michigan, etc, but to have it at these short tracks is absurd. If they dont want to eliminate it then they need to extend it to an entire lap at short tracks.

Peanut
06-05-2017, 02:58 PM
The half way line. It appears that Jr agrees with you two. Maybe NASCAR will reevaluate it.

Peanut
06-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Was away for part of the weekend. Watched Xfinity with the all driver TV team. I thought they did really well. Maybe they thought it would be funny to put Patrick and Hamlin together? I think they both would have done better if they had been paired with someone they liked. Better interactions.

Congrats to Blaney and the Wood Brothers.

IndyCar was at Texas. Makes me nervous when they go there. It's like their restrictor plate race. DVR didn't record the last 20 laps (we always program it for an extra hour). Fortunately, I have the app on my phone so I got to see the rest of the race. I agree with Kyle Busch. They need to get rid of grass infields.

BroncosFanInPA
06-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Was away for part of the weekend. Watched Xfinity with the all driver TV team. I thought they did really well. Maybe they thought it would be funny to put Patrick and Hamlin together? I think they both would have done better if they had been paired with someone they liked. Better interactions.

Congrats to Blaney and the Wood Brothers.

IndyCar was at Texas. Makes me nervous when they go there. It's like their restrictor plate race. DVR didn't record the last 20 laps (we always program it for an extra hour). Fortunately, I have the app on my phone so I got to see the rest of the race. I agree with Kyle Busch. They need to get rid of grass infields.

I was really surprised that blaney was able to hold off harvick those last 5 laps because harvick was all over him, but congrats to ryan...having lots of first time winners this year.

kyle busch should have won the race but the crew chief made the wrong call leaving him out on track, i knew he was a sitting duck..also i think it's really tough call for the 4 race suspension his CC & tire changer got from the wheel coming off at dover...another one of those rules that needs reevaluated.

Peanut
06-14-2017, 04:31 PM
I was really surprised that blaney was able to hold off harvick those last 5 laps because harvick was all over him, but congrats to ryan...having lots of first time winners this year.

kyle busch should have won the race but the crew chief made the wrong call leaving him out on track, i knew he was a sitting duck..also i think it's really tough call for the 4 race suspension his CC & tire changer got from the wheel coming off at dover...another one of those rules that needs reevaluated.

I'd like to see Jones added to that list. :D He just turned 21. He shows more maturity than a lot of people 10 years older.

I was hoping that it would work out for Busch. At first I thought, no way will they penalize for the tire. The rule is basically for teams intentionally putting on 2 lug nuts to get out faster. No lug nuts? That's a mistake, usually on the jackman (was he suspended?). But, I can see that it is a hazard when the wheel comes off. :D I told hubby that Busch was going to win during the next 4 races.

Peanut
06-18-2017, 12:11 PM
I'd like to see Jones added to that list. :D He just turned 21. He shows more maturity than a lot of people 10 years older.

I was hoping that it would work out for Busch. At first I thought, no way will they penalize for the tire. The rule is basically for teams intentionally putting on 2 lug nuts to get out faster. No lug nuts? That's a mistake, usually on the jackman (was he suspended?). But, I can see that it is a hazard when the wheel comes off. :D I told hubby that Busch was going to win during the next 4 races.

They had a great story on Jones and his Dad on the pre-race show.

How awesome would it be if he won today?

kingelway7
06-26-2017, 08:24 AM
For the first time this year Jr scored his 2nd straight top 10 finish with a 6th place finish at Sonoma. After crashing early in the race it looked like his bad luck this season would continue but thankfully that didnt happen. Also, thankfully aerodynamics mean little at a road course.

Im super psyched for the CZ 400 this Saturday night. I've been in attendance for countless of Jr wins here in Daytona, but none of them have been the 500 or 400 (Jr's wins in those races are the only times I was not able to attend the 500 or 400 in the last 15-16 years - I have horrible luck)

I'll admit, if Jr wins Saturday night, Ill be shedding a few tears.

ELWAY421
07-01-2017, 08:24 PM
This sport is a far cry from what it once was. It's sad, and it's by Nascar's own doing. It's went down hill since Dale Sr died at this very track. I'm not trying to be negative nancy, because I loved this sport, but I'd rather watch Indy Cars nowadays.

Peanut
07-01-2017, 10:43 PM
For the first time this year Jr scored his 2nd straight top 10 finish with a 6th place finish at Sonoma. After crashing early in the race it looked like his bad luck this season would continue but thankfully that didnt happen. Also, thankfully aerodynamics mean little at a road course.

Im super psyched for the CZ 400 this Saturday night. I've been in attendance for countless of Jr wins here in Daytona, but none of them have been the 500 or 400 (Jr's wins in those races are the only times I was not able to attend the 500 or 400 in the last 15-16 years - I have horrible luck)

I'll admit, if Jr wins Saturday night, Ill be shedding a few tears.

I'm really pulling for Jr to win a race to get into the Chase. When he got back on the lead lap tonight, he had a good chance.

This sport is a far cry from what it once was. It's sad, and it's by Nascar's own doing. It's went down hill since Dale Sr died at this very track. I'm not trying to be negative nancy, because I loved this sport, but I'd rather watch Indy Cars nowadays.

I still watch and enjoy NASCAR. Lots of great talent coming up.

IndyCars has always been my first choice. Rules are different. I'm not crazy about the blocking rule. Would like to see that loosen up a bit. A great mix of road/street courses and ovals.

Tonight's race was interesting. I think all my drivers were involved in accidents, one going airborne.

ELWAY421
07-02-2017, 03:24 PM
I still watch and enjoy NASCAR. Lots of great talent coming up.

IndyCars has always been my first choice. Rules are different. I'm not crazy about the blocking rule. Would like to see that loosen up a bit. A great mix of road/street courses and ovals.

Tonight's race was interesting. I think all my drivers were involved in accidents, one going airborne.

How long have you been watching Nascar Peanut? Did you watch in the 80's & 90's? I miss that era. There was a time when the stands were full for every race, a two year waiting list to get tickets for Bristol aside from ebay and so forth. Now the stands are half empty.

I'd be fine, if they went back to the old point system & and done away with the chase, and all of this segment stuff. That said I'll be going to mid ohio for the Busch series. Sorry, I still call it the Busch series & the Winston cup series lol.

brianmcfarlane
07-02-2017, 06:59 PM

I'm exactly the opposite since around 2000. I think all racing has gone down hill ... I liked Indy until about 15 years ago, I think I like to watch Americans race. :beer:

Peanut
07-02-2017, 10:41 PM
How long have you been watching Nascar Peanut? Did you watch in the 80's & 90's? I miss that era. There was a time when the stands were full for every race, a two year waiting list to get tickets for Bristol aside from ebay and so forth. Now the stands are half empty.

I'd be fine, if they went back to the old point system & and done away with the chase, and all of this segment stuff. That said I'll be going to mid ohio for the Busch series. Sorry, I still call it the Busch series & the Winston cup series lol.

I really don't remember when I started watching NASCAR. 90's? We were at Dover for the first race after 9-11 (one of my favorite sports memories. The electricity of the crowd. Jr doing victory laps with the American flag) and that was like our third race there. It took us a few years to decide to go for a race. Trying to find a timeline. I remember Ernie Irvan in the 4. So about 1993. Sorry for thinking out loud. :D

I miss the old system, too. But they try to make it better, keep up with the other sports.

Peanut
07-11-2017, 11:38 PM
I thought it was a little early for Silly Season. Sorry about Kenseth, but I'm glad to see Jones going to the 20. Somewhere in here, I've mentioned that I wanted him to be with Gibbs.

Spider-man is back. :D

Freyaka
07-12-2017, 07:48 AM
The year started out with me watching every race, but it's still boring to me. I don't know if it's that the sport is just boring now, or if I've just grown past it, but I can't sit through a race anymore...

brianmcfarlane
07-12-2017, 11:42 AM
I thought it was a little early for Silly Season. Sorry about Kenseth, but I'm glad to see Jones going to the 20. Somewhere in here, I've mentioned that I wanted him to be with Gibbs.

Spider-man is back. :D

I am disappointed that Jones is not staying with Denver Mattress team. :sad: I don't understand the situation. I know when he took the ride they said it would almost certainly be only 1 season; I don't get why?

OTOH ... GO Truex! Another win ... dominating playoff points and stage wins; not sure what the value of that is at this point but looks like he is a lock for the chase. I hope he can stay hot through the chase and get a championship. :thumb:

brianmcfarlane
07-12-2017, 11:45 AM
The year started out with me watching every race, but it's still boring to me. I don't know if it's that the sport is just boring now, or if I've just grown past it, but I can't sit through a race anymore...

I have to admit that I only watch the first ~20 minutes, ~20 minutes in the middle of the race, then the last ~20 minutes ... I have never been able to watch the whole race, unless I was at the race ... only have been to 2 big time races and both were Indy though.

Peanut
07-12-2017, 11:20 PM
I am disappointed that Jones is not staying with Denver Mattress team. :sad: I don't understand the situation. I know when he took the ride they said it would almost certainly be only 1 season; I don't get why?

OTOH ... GO Truex! Another win ... dominating playoff points and stage wins; not sure what the value of that is at this point but looks like he is a lock for the chase. I hope he can stay hot through the chase and get a championship. :thumb:

Jones came up through the Busch/Gibbs feeder system. I always thought he would be with Gibbs. If Edwards had announced his retirement earlier, Jones probably would have had that ride instead of Suarez (I don't think Suarez was ready for Cup). Timing.

I hope Furniture Row stays with a 2 car team. Maybe Christopher Bell? I don't know if Matt Tifft or Kyle Benjamin (I really like this guy) are ready, yet.

Other Silly Season stuff: Larson in the 88 or Stewart-Haas? Probably stays with the 42. Kenseth to the 88 (He's 45 years old?)?

BroncosFanInPA
07-13-2017, 05:40 PM
Jones came up through the Busch/Gibbs feeder system. I always thought he would be with Gibbs. If Edwards had announced his retirement earlier, Jones probably would have had that ride instead of Suarez (I don't think Suarez was ready for Cup). Timing.

I hope Furniture Row stays with a 2 car team. Maybe Christopher Bell? I don't know if Matt Tifft or Kyle Benjamin (I really like this guy) are ready, yet.

Other Silly Season stuff: Larson in the 88 or Stewart-Haas? Probably stays with the 42. Kenseth to the 88 (He's 45 years old?)?

Isn't larson locked in with ganassi i thought? Tony has said he would love to have him on his team...

i do think this will be it for danica, she just isn't getting the job done & how bout the idea that tony talks carl into coming back to drive for him? who better to work for than the guy who barely edged you out of a title.

kenseth may end up in the 88 & then again he may end up without a ride, he seems to have dropped off in his results over the past couple years & as you mentioned he is getting up there in age..happened with biffle, although he never accomplished half of what kenseth did

i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older

Peanut
07-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Isn't larson locked in with ganassi i thought? Tony has said he would love to have him on his team...

i do think this will be it for danica, she just isn't getting the job done & how bout the idea that tony talks carl into coming back to drive for him? who better to work for than the guy who barely edged you out of a title.

kenseth may end up in the 88 & then again he may end up without a ride, he seems to have dropped off in his results over the past couple years & as you mentioned he is getting up there in age..happened with biffle, although he never accomplished half of what kenseth did

i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older

I got the information from NASCAR's site. I don't know when Larson's contract is up. Maybe they threw him in there because of the opening in the 88 and Stewart's interest.

https://galleries.nascar.com/gallery/1245/key-players-in-nascars-silly-season#/1

I think if Patrick can dig up a good sponsor, she'll have another year. I'm just wondering about her mental attitude after that one crash. I know things get said in the moment, but if she's really that concerned about her safety, it might be time to walk away. Interesting idea about Carl. Wouldn't mind seeing him drive for Tony.

Jr has said that Kenseth will be racing next year. Kind of makes you wonder.

I agree about your list of drivers being out in the next few years. Some will retire on their terms, some will just fade away.

Drivers moving up. My opinion. There are others, but these are the guys that stand out to me.

From X--- Byron, Kennedy, Tifft, Custer, Hemric, Wallace Jr, Riddick

From Trucks--- C. Bell, Gragson, B. Rhodes, R, Truex, Cindric, Briscoe, JH Nemechek (don't like him, but I see him moving up the system)

BroncosFanInPA
07-16-2017, 06:28 PM
So i had a great time last night at Jennserstown Speedway (the local track i visit every sat.)

The track had a visit form the ISMA series..International Supermodified Association & i thought i mentioned this last year as they were there then as well but i didn't see any post on it but anyway...

these cars are amazing! they will knock your socks off with the speeds & sounds they produce...i believe the numbers mentioned are that they weigh 2000 pounds & have 900 horespower & they flat out fly through the turns with the giant wing. these cars have no batteries or starters & must always be push-started.

they put on a hell of a show & i recommend anybody who has a chance to see thenm to not miss out because they truly are awesome race machines

https://www.ismasupers.com/images/2017-race-photos/04-jennerstown/ISMA%20Jennerstown%2017_9048.jpg

https://www.ismasupers.com/images/2017-race-photos/04-jennerstown/ISMA%20Jennerstown%2017_9021.jpg

Peanut
07-16-2017, 09:09 PM
So i had a great time last night at Jennserstown Speedway (the local track i visit every sat.)

The track had a visit form the ISMA series..International Supermodified Association & i thought i mentioned this last year as they were there then as well but i didn't see any post on it but anyway...

these cars are amazing! they will knock your socks off with the speeds & sounds they produce...i believe the numbers mentioned are that they weigh 2000 pounds & have 900 horespower & they flat out fly through the turns with the giant wing. these cars have no batteries or starters & must always be push-started.

they put on a hell of a show & i recommend anybody who has a chance to see thenm to not miss out because they truly are awesome race machines

https://www.ismasupers.com/images/2017-race-photos/04-jennerstown/ISMA%20Jennerstown%2017_9048.jpg

https://www.ismasupers.com/images/2017-race-photos/04-jennerstown/ISMA%20Jennerstown%2017_9021.jpg

Sounds awesome. I'll have to check them out and see if they're around this area.

Peanut
07-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Trucks at Eldora tonight. On FOX Business? We had to search for it but we do get it. It's being replayed on FS1 later.

One of the most popular and funnest races and it's on a channel I never heard of. All because of soccer. :D

AZ Snake Fan
07-23-2017, 06:04 PM

Some kinda crazy long day at Indy :eek:

BroncosFanInPA
07-23-2017, 07:21 PM
couple things about the race...first thing i have an issue with from the get go was the start time - 2:45 at a track that has no lights...you get rain that sets it back 2 hours & you are up against the clock from the start & if that last restart didn't reach "the ot line" well then they would of had to call it for darkness, race should start at 1:30 when track has no lights.

next up is i feel bad for kyle because he had a dominate car & was going to win if not for truex taking him out, i know it was just hard racing but the fact is that the 78 got loose & wrecked the 18 end of story...

last thing is that i'm glad kasey ended up with the win because brad most certainly started before him on the next to last restart that ended up in a pileup & he could have been penalized.

side note: 12 different winners now with still 6 to go, absolutely could have over 16 winners which means a win does not gaurantee a playoff spot as these fools keep advertising...that means points will be a factor for the winners with 1 win to determine the 16 spots...

still have kyle, kenseth, logano, earnhart jr, bowyer, elliot & i said it before watch out for almendinger at the glen

Peanut
07-23-2017, 11:07 PM

Some kinda crazy long day at Indy :eek:

It was a crazy race. We DVRed it. Fortunately, someone told us that there was a rain delay so we got the whole race.

couple things about the race...first thing i have an issue with from the get go was the start time - 2:45 at a track that has no lights...you get rain that sets it back 2 hours & you are up against the clock from the start & if that last restart didn't reach "the ot line" well then they would of had to call it for darkness, race should start at 1:30 when track has no lights.

next up is i feel bad for kyle because he had a dominate car & was going to win if not for truex taking him out, i know it was just hard racing but the fact is that the 78 got loose & wrecked the 18 end of story...

last thing is that i'm glad kasey ended up with the win because brad most certainly started before him on the next to last restart that ended up in a pileup & he could have been penalized.

side note: 12 different winners now with still 6 to go, absolutely could have over 16 winners which means a win does not gaurantee a playoff spot as these fools keep advertising...that means points will be a factor for the winners with 1 win to determine the 16 spots...

still have kyle, kenseth, logano, earnhart jr, bowyer, elliot & i said it before watch out for almendinger at the glen

They do need to reconsider the start time when there are no lights.

All my drivers were involved in some altercation today. Only thing that made it a little better is that Johnson was too. :D

The one that got me was Bowyer. I told hubby that it looked like he turned left to avoid the two in front of him. He disagreed. In his interview though, that's what Bowyer said he did. Knowing that the 77 was near him.

Larson got a little feisty. And glad Truex is okay.

kingelway7
08-03-2017, 05:55 AM
NASCAR had announced this morning that effective immediately, they are changing the overtime line from the halfway point of a lap to now the start/finish line. I have been screaming about this for months. So glad they finally made the change.

The halfway point altogether was stupid, but especially at short tracks like Bristal, Martinsville, and Richmond.

Peanut
08-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Good to see Sherry back at the track.

BroncosFanInPA
08-06-2017, 05:32 PM
I got to say for a road course race, this one was pretty lame with very little action or cautions...at least there was a little bit of drama at the end with the fuel situation for everyone but at the same time other than blaney nobody was really racing for the last 20 laps or so.

overall i was disappointed with this one...i saw much better action last night

Peanut
08-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Jr went to Redskins TC today. He was so geeked (his word) that he left his truck at the airport with the engine running. After 8 hours of idling, it used only a fourth of a tank.

It's hard not to like him. :D

kingelway7
08-09-2017, 12:31 PM
It's hard not to like him. :D

It's impossible not to like Jr. A big reason for me is because I can relate to him a lot. I've read and watched multiple long interviews with Jr that delved deep into his life off the track. Our personalities and how we handle things in life are quite similar in many ways.

So for myself, watching Jr walk away from racing, is probably hard for me than what it is for other fans of his.

I'm going to be at the race in Homestead on Nov 19th, right on the start/finish line. I've never taken the drive down to Homestead for a race before, but with Jr retiring, there is no way I'm going to miss being at the Homestead race this year.

A little extra tidbit. Jr's uncle, John Earnhardt, (or maybe its his great uncle) comes to my church every year to preach during race weeks in February. I don't know John Earnhardt too well but I have gotten to know him some over all the years of him preaching at my church.

I've thought about asking him if it was possible for him to work something out for me to Jr; on a personal non-fan type of level, as I've "met" Jr before from him standing around and signing autographs and what not. But I'm afraid of coming across to John Earnhardt as me just trying to take advantage of him to get autographs and stuff.:ugh:

Peanut
08-09-2017, 12:57 PM
It's impossible not to like Jr. A big reason for me is because I can relate to him a lot. I've read and watched multiple long interviews with Jr that delved deep into his life off the track. Our personalities and how we handle things in life are quite similar in many ways.

Is that why I like you? :D

So for myself, watching Jr walk away from racing, is probably hard for me than what it is for other fans of his.

I'm going to be at the race in Homestead on Nov 19th, right on the start/finish line. I've never taken the drive down to Homestead for a race before, but with Jr retiring, there is no way I'm going to miss being at the Homestead race this year.

That's great! I bet they'll have something special going on that weekend. It'll probably be on their website. Also check out his Twitter. He gives out information on what he's doing. I only check out a few drivers and I was very surprised at how active he is with the fans. Might be a good way to get in contact with him.

A little extra tidbit. Jr's uncle, John Earnhardt, (or maybe its his great uncle) comes to my church every year to preach during race weeks in February. I don't know John Earnhardt too well but I have gotten to know him some over all the years of him preaching at my church.

I've thought about asking him if it was possible for him to work something out for me to Jr; on a personal non-fan type of level, as I've "met" Jr before from him standing around and signing autographs and what not. But I'm afraid of coming across to John Earnhardt as me just trying to take advantage of him to get autographs and stuff.:ugh:

I'm sure John has seen and heard everything with fans trying to get to Jr through him. That also means that he can see sincerity. If you don't try, you'll never know. The worse thing that can happen is that he'll say no, right?

BroncosFanInPA
08-09-2017, 06:06 PM

Ok so these 3 are now currently without a ride for 2018 & this is not a i told you so, but more of i didn't think things would be starting this soon.

However i do expect all 3 of these drivers to land somewhere with maybe the exception of kahne but busch & kenseth are former champs, surely someone picks them up for a year or two? maybe? maybe not...i never thought biffle would not catch on somewhere & been left out but he was...

Peanut
08-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Ok so these 3 are now currently without a ride for 2018 & this is not a i told you so, but more of i didn't think things would be starting this soon.

However i do expect all 3 of these drivers to land somewhere with maybe the exception of kahne but busch & kenseth are former champs, surely someone picks them up for a year or two? maybe? maybe not...i never thought biffle would not catch on somewhere & been left out but he was...

Good call. I bet a lot of it has to do with sponsorship. Either these drivers can't attract them or the sponsors want someone younger.

Happy for Byron to get in the #5.

BroncosFanInPA
08-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Good call. I bet a lot of it has to do with sponsorship. Either these drivers can't attract them or the sponsors want someone younger.

Happy for Byron to get in the #5.

I think this is it... it's a youth movement, but one organization seems to be maybe looking past this? SHR has no young drivers although we don't yet know who will replace kurt in the #41.

Not to mention danica...i still think she has to be gone, i mean how the hell can she keep her job with the poor performance?

No offense Peanut & this is not a guy vs. girl thing but if it were a guy in that car over these past 4-5 years...they would have lost that job...i think she has 1 top 10 in that time & that is just beyond bad.

I know most of it's money driven but come on...there has to be some respectability that goes along with things & that is not the case with her, it's a gimmick that has run it's course

Peanut
08-10-2017, 10:48 PM
I think this is it... it's a youth movement, but one organization seems to be maybe looking past this? SHR has no young drivers although we don't yet know who will replace kurt in the #41.

Not to mention danica...i still think she has to be gone, i mean how the hell can she keep her job with the poor performance?

No offense Peanut & this is not a guy vs. girl thing but if it were a guy in that car over these past 4-5 years...they would have lost that job...i think she has 1 top 10 in that time & that is just beyond bad.

I know most of it's money driven but come on...there has to be some respectability that goes along with things & that is not the case with her, it's a gimmick that has run it's course

Cole Custer is a Haas driver. Not sure if he's ready for Cup. I thought there was another driver but couldn't find it.

No offense taken. I kind of agree with you but there are other drivers out there that I wonder how the heck are they still in a car. Gilliland (?) was one. Maybe they brought sponsors? I know Patrick has had sponsor problems. Fortunately, she can sponsor herself. :D warrorbypatrick/hsn is on the car in September.

kingelway7
08-15-2017, 05:59 AM
So this is kind of crazy...

I opened up Instragam this morning and saw a notification that a had a new follower. Who is the new follower?

The one and only Greg Zipadelli!

Peanut
08-15-2017, 12:20 PM
So this is kind of crazy...

I opened up Instragam this morning and saw a notification that a had a new follower. Who is the new follower?

The one and only Greg Zipadelli!

Awesome!!!

Peanut
08-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Am I the only one happy about the Sweep? Hard to do. I was really pulling for Jones, though.

BroncosFanInPA
08-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Am I the only one happy about the Sweep? Hard to do. I was really pulling for Jones, though.

It is certainly an impressive feat & kyle has now done it twice, not sure how many have actually even attempted all 3 races on a given weekend...that is a ton of racing. :clap:

i will admit i too was pulling for jones to get the win for two reasons...1. it would have been his first career cup win & 2. it would have really shaken up the playoffs & those on the bubble trying make it on points.

Peanut
08-24-2017, 04:03 PM
It is certainly an impressive feat & kyle has now done it twice, not sure how many have actually even attempted all 3 races on a given weekend...that is a ton of racing. :clap:

i will admit i too was pulling for jones to get the win for two reasons...1. it would have been his first career cup win & 2. it would have really shaken up the playoffs & those on the bubble trying make it on points.

In both the Truck and X races, he had to overcome some mistakes/penalties. It's not like he went out front and stayed there the whole race. He still annoys me at times, but he is one of the best racers out there. Fun to watch, if not to listen to. :D

There's something about Erik Jones that I really like. He has the talent like Busch but a quieter demeanor (read maturity :D ). I'm hoping he wins a race this year and also wins the ROTY. I think he'll blossom next year being with Gibbs (more directly). Joe is a father figure that will help Jones, personally and professionally.

Peanut
09-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Interesting race.

A little disappointed with Martin's interview. I understand the disappointment. I understand questioning the caution. But saying that a driver has no business being out there? At one point in Martin's career, he was "that guy". Kind of surprised coming from him. Thought he was better than that.

kingelway7
09-11-2017, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately, yet not surprisingly, Jr is out of the chase. He had a good great car but not great enough. His gamble did not pay off either, just like every other gamble this year for him.

I really hope he can get one last win. Of course I would love that to be at Homestead, not only cause of it being his last race but also because I will be there. But I'd really love to see him take the checkered at Talladega.

Peanut
09-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately, yet not surprisingly, Jr is out of the chase. He had a good great car but not great enough. His gamble did not pay off either, just like every other gamble this year for him.

I really hope he can get one last win. Of course I would love that to be at Homestead, not only cause of it being his last race but also because I will be there. But I'd really love to see him take the checkered at Talladega.

It would be great for him to win a race. How about two? Homestead and 'Dega.

I've been reading more of his Twitter page. He has a great attitude. This year has been more to show appreciation for his fans. #appreci88ion

BroncosFanInPA
09-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Ok, i haven't posted of late because had a lot going on & really didn't get a chance but anyway some thoughts...

Richmond was interesting with the whole ambulance blocking the pits & causing a mess for a few teams 20 & 14 took the biggest hit there, which i must say i'm disappointed with how bowyer has performed in the 14 car, i expected better & at least to make the chase & have a win by now.

Chicago race...i thought was not very good, now i was mostly watching football but was checking in on the race & did watch most of the last half which was the worst...i mean i swear that not a single position changed in the top 10 over the last 50 + laps...that is just not a good show for anybody.

Anyway i always made predictions at the start of the chase & even though i'm a race late i will give them...

I have the first four out as Stenhouse, Dillion, McMurray & Kahne...& for the final four i have Truex (going on on limb there) Kyle Busch, Harvick & Larson

Truex will win it all

Peanut
09-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Ok, i haven't posted of late because had a lot going on & really didn't get a chance but anyway some thoughts...

Richmond was interesting with the whole ambulance blocking the pits & causing a mess for a few teams 20 & 14 took the biggest hit there, which i must say i'm disappointed with how bowyer has performed in the 14 car, i expected better & at least to make the chase & have a win by now.

Chicago race...i thought was not very good, now i was mostly watching football but was checking in on the race & did watch most of the last half which was the worst...i mean i swear that not a single position changed in the top 10 over the last 50 + laps...that is just not a good show for anybody.

Anyway i always made predictions at the start of the chase & even though i'm a race late i will give them...

I have the first four out as Stenhouse, Dillion, McMurray & Kahne...& for the final four i have Truex (going on on limb there) Kyle Busch, Harvick & Larson

Truex will win it all

I agree pretty much with your predictions. Truex has been so consistent.

Random thoughts:

Kahne in the #95 next year. It will be interesting how he does with that team. They should show an improvement.

Penalties on the #24. Drivers are starting to speak up. That was so blatant. What's NASCAR's message to the teams? If you're going to cheat, be more subtle?

#77 not with the #78 next year, but might come back eventually.

I'm still hoping Jones and Jr win a race this year.

I hope Patrick doesn't go back to IndyCar. Ganassi cutting back to 2 teams from 4 (they lost Target as a sponsor). Keeping Dixon and bringing in a new driver. I hope Penske gives Castroneves another chance at a championship instead of sending him to sports cars. And Penske needs to stop "sabotaging" his chances.

We record the races during football season. I still enjoy the races. Chicago was a bit much with so many cars getting lapped. And I really dislike hearing, "It's so hard to pass here" like at NH. What's the point of racing? I like F1, but whoever can survive turn one and take the lead on the first lap is pretty much the winner.

BroncosFanInPA
10-10-2017, 06:46 PM
What happened to the post by AZ last night? i saw & was going to reply but it was late & i was tired & ready for bed but anyway i will still give my thoughts since i did read the post...

First off AZ i will say it sucks that you are unable to see so many of the races due to the networks they are on & it should not be that way, with that being said i will admit even my interest level is down despite having the ability to see all the races & it's a combination of reasons...

obviously when smoke retired that was a big one for me, but i still planned on watching & i did for the first half of the season but i was seeing a pattern of only 2 or 3 guys leading these races & so that becomes boring & of course now that football season is back that takes precedent of racing, so i haven't really watch much at all of the last 3 or 4 races (not missing much as i referenced with 2 or 3 guys winning)

As for the potential changes, well it has to been painfully obvious to nascar that they are fighting a losing battle here...stands are at best half full & i'm certain viewership on tv has to be way down as well & that also can be attributed to several factors such as....

way too many changes from one year to the next causing too much confusion, already discussed the network tv situation, you also have really big time names leave the sport in the span of 2-3 years (gordon, stewart, edwards, jr) also one more thing in regards to the same couple dominating theses races, that wears on fans & perhaps i'm wrong on this one to be specific but i wonder if fans grew tired of watching the 48 win too dam much, i know i did.

will nascar be able to turn things around? who knows, perhaps all these young kids will bring new life & new fans to the sport but i honestly think nascar reached it's peak around 6-8 years back & has gone downhill since & IMO i don't think it will ever be at that level again.

Peanut
10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Since I don't want to talk football right now, I'll talk NASCAR. :D

Disappointed that Larson got taken out by a Hendrick engine failure. First one of his career.

Denny didn't make any new fans. Daughter the Gordon fan thought it would have been cool for Elliott to get his first win at the track that Gordon got his last win. She wan't too happy.

Since Larson is out, I'm pulling for Truex and Kyle Busch.

Sad to see that Sherry is going through chemo again (John Andretti, too). Prayers to both.

AZ Snake Fan
10-31-2017, 06:58 PM

Peanut cleaned the thread PA, what can I say ? :laugh:

Nah, I did a write up, realized I was whining and deleted it.

Denny definitely didn't get any new fans. Feel bad for Chase.

Prayers for Sherry and John.

BroncosFanInPA
11-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Well that was some crazy racing over the last 20-25 laps of the truck race...they were really almost 6 wide? :nono: with 5 trucks below the line...they had to know it would not end well :doh:

kingelway7
11-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Currently I'm a mixture of sadness and excitement. Sadness because Sunday is the end for Jr, but excitement because I'll be there at the track to see it in person.

Peanut
11-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Well that was some crazy racing over the last 20-25 laps of the truck race...they were really almost 6 wide? :nono: with 5 trucks below the line...they had to know it would not end well :doh:

When I first read your post, I hadn't seen the race. Gave me something to look forward to. :D

Currently I'm a mixture of sadness and excitement. Sadness because Sunday is the end for Jr, but excitement because I'll be there at the track to see it in person.

Take it all in. Enjoy it.

There's so many tributes out there for him. It's going to be an emotional Sunday.

BroncosFanInPA
11-18-2017, 05:10 PM

Truex will win it all

3 out of 4...not too bad

still sticking with truex to win it all but i wouldn't mind if harvick won again considering he drives for tony...

i just hope it doesn't have a bogus finsih like last year when the 48 got the win but had no business getting it because it was all carl edwards...perhaps that is why he walked away?

Peanut
11-19-2017, 12:55 AM
3 out of 4...not too bad

still sticking with truex to win it all but i wouldn't mind if harvick won again considering he drives for tony...

i just hope it doesn't have a bogus finsih like last year when the 48 got the win but had no business getting it because it was all carl edwards...perhaps that is why he walked away?

You did good.

I'm happy with the winners of the Trucks and X. They were consistent during the whole season. Probably would have won it under the old rules.

One of the reasons why I want Truex. Plus they're a small team.

Three retirements. Well, one retirement and two "push-outs". Should be a lot of good stories tomorrow.

ELWAY421
11-19-2017, 08:01 AM
Here's to Dale Jr!!! :beer:

One heck of a ride!

FL BRONCO
11-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Congrats Martin :salute:Very well deserved and very happy for him and his team.

Thanks Dale:salute:

roushmartin6
11-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Congrats Truex you really deserved it this year. Best car just about every week

AZ Snake Fan
11-25-2017, 05:09 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1173/7sACLJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2017%2F11% 2Fnascar-tony-stewart-engagement-ring-fiancee-pennelope-jimenez-thanksgiving-photo

Tony Stewart

@TonyStewart

She said YES!
4:00 PM - Nov 23, 2017

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/230/ieXJI6.jpg

~~~

Congrats Tony and Penny !!!

Peanut
02-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Congrats to Tony and Penny. Nice ring.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. It's racing, what can I say. :D

Haven't caught up on all the rule changes. First few races should take care of that.

The "Danica Double". I really hope they don't hype it too much where it overshadows everything else. I was surprised that she announced that these would be her last two races without securing rides first. She still doesn't have one for Indy. Go Daddy should help, though.

I've been reading some Tweets from certain drivers. They're a fun bunch. :D

kingelway7
02-11-2018, 01:14 PM
It’s a great day for racing! Partly cloud yet a hot 75° degrees here at the track. Looking forward to seeing the racing that the new package brings.

AZ Snake Fan
02-11-2018, 01:41 PM

Congrats to Tony and Penny. Nice ring.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. It's racing, what can I say. :D

Haven't caught up on all the rule changes. First few races should take care of that.

The "Danica Double". I really hope they don't hype it too much where it overshadows everything else. I was surprised that she announced that these would be her last two races without securing rides first. She still doesn't have one for Indy. Go Daddy should help, though.

I've been reading some Tweets from certain drivers. They're a fun bunch. :D

It’s a great day for racing! Partly cloud yet a hot 75° degrees here at the track. Looking forward to seeing the racing that the new package brings.

Watched the 500 quals today.
Congrats to Alex Bowman in the 88 for P1 and Denny in the 11 for P2.
Those are the only two with locked pole positions.
All the rest will be determined by the duals this week.

Wow, maybe Hendrick Motorsports will be competitive again.
Jimmy and 3 young kids.

I heard Jeff Gordon say Danika will run Indy backed by GoDaddy.
I was able to figure out most of the driver, team and number swaps.
I just didn't catch any of the new rule changes but I tuned in right as they started the 500 quals.

I won't get the Clash or the Duals 'cause I cut the cord but I will get the 500 next week.
They'll probably go into all the new rules in depth then.
Great to have NASCAR back, it'll get me through to our new Broncos season.
I'm really impressed by the abundance of young and talented drivers.

kingelway7
02-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Well, the Clash today was...mixed.

Started off great. The high line was the better line but the bottom line was competitive too. The new package had these cars really moving around a lot...for about the first 40 laps. After that no one wanted to do anything but run single file along the top. Occasionally a car would pull out of line but no one would go with them so they'd fall back a few spots and get back in line. Kept waiting and waiting for guys to make a move as the laps winded down. With 20 to go, nothing, 15 to go, nothing, 10 to go, still nothing, 5 to go, nobody was making a move!!! No one made a move until a quarter way down the back stretch on the final lap. Guys stepped out of line, the bottom started moving, and then Kyle Larson kind of recklessly rear ended JJ, who was running 4th, and sent him into the wall. Along with JJ and Larson, Chase Elliot, Kyle Busch and a few other guys were caught up in the crash. From there on it was a 3 man run away of Keselowski, Logano, and Kurt Busch. The crash killed Kurt Busch's momentum towards the front as he lost all his push from behind. He finished 3rd and Logano didnt make any attempt to pass his teammate for the win.

With every single car in the Duals already guaranteed a spot in the 500, Thursday night probably wont be to crazy. Probably more of the same as what today was. With the way the cars were moving around today in the first 40 laps, the 500 should bring really good racing. I wouldnt be surprised if there are 2 Big Ones, nor would it surprise me if the final 25-30 laps of the 500 are riddled with cautions.

kingelway7
02-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Peyton Manning will be driving the pace car for the 500!

Peanut
02-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Peyton Manning will be driving the pace car for the 500!

Should make Kyle Busch happy. :D

BroncosFanInPA
02-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Well another CRASH 500 is in the books & i know some of you will disagree with me but that's ok because we are all entitled to our own opinions but here are my thoughts...

First off let me say i used to like the restrictor plate races years ago but recently i have started to not really care for them much because they are nothing but crashing & yes it's always been that way but lately it's just a series of a bunch of crashes as opposed to maybe one big one.

As for today, same thing...bunch of aggressive racing by blocking & them crashing each other. I wasn't crazy about the finish & feel that the 3 car wrecked the 10 car to get the win & i get it, it's the daytona 500 last lap but come on it's not like the 10 car swerved lanes on him, the 3 flat out ran him over & i don't care for that.

i ask this, would that same move have been ok at lap 100 or 150 or any other lap for that matter other than the last lap? no it would be heavily criticized, so why then is it ok just because it's the final lap & for the win? because that is a double standard.

announcers want to label these guys as the best race car drivers in the world well how about proving it by running a restrictor plate race without destroying a bunch of cars because that is all it is, it's just know the aggression is through the roof & perhaps it's the lack of veteran leadership that has left the sport...

think about it, no more gordon, stewart, edwards, earnhart jr, kenseth, biffle etc.

just my feelings & i am curious as to what you all think

Peanut
02-19-2018, 02:59 PM
Well another CRASH 500 is in the books & i know some of you will disagree with me but that's ok because we are all entitled to our own opinions but here are my thoughts...

First off let me say i used to like the restrictor plate races years ago but recently i have started to not really care for them much because they are nothing but crashing & yes it's always been that way but lately it's just a series of a bunch of crashes as opposed to maybe one big one.

As for today, same thing...bunch of aggressive racing by blocking & them crashing each other. I wasn't crazy about the finish & feel that the 3 car wrecked the 10 car to get the win & i get it, it's the daytona 500 last lap but come on it's not like the 10 car swerved lanes on him, the 3 flat out ran him over & i don't care for that.

i ask this, would that same move have been ok at lap 100 or 150 or any other lap for that matter other than the last lap? no it would be heavily criticized, so why then is it ok just because it's the final lap & for the win? because that is a double standard.

announcers want to label these guys as the best race car drivers in the world well how about proving it by running a restrictor plate race without destroying a bunch of cars because that is all it is, it's just know the aggression is through the roof & perhaps it's the lack of veteran leadership that has left the sport...

think about it, no more gordon, stewart, edwards, earnhart jr, kenseth, biffle etc.

just my feelings & i am curious as to what you all think

We've been out of town, so haven't seen the race, yet. Did listen to it on the radio (so many ads).

I have not been a fan of restrictor plate racing. So many drivers love it. Some fans love it. And when they didn't take some of the banking out when they repaved a few years ago, that told me that NASCAR likes the way it is.

Wrecking other cars, to me, is not racing. Win at all costs? I can see the desire, but I guess I don't like the method. To fulfill your dreams, you take someone else's away. Can't pass him cleanly? Then you don't deserve to win. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

Some of the younger drivers do seem to be impatient. Some seem to need to "prove" themselves, like Dillon.

kingelway7
02-20-2018, 08:53 AM
Being at the race, sitting 4 rows from the top and having a perfect view and listening to Austin Dillon's radio the entire last 2 laps, the wrecking of Amirola was in no way intentional. I know the camera's on TV provide extremely close views but they can't show every angle perfectly, every car movement all at once, and nor to they overlay a drivers radio over the video.

Here is how the situation really played out.

Amirola was on the bottom in front of Hamlin. Dillon was pushed by Bubba Wallace, giving him run on the backstretch and Amirola moved up to block him. Dillon let off and tried to look low but stayed high. Amirola began to go back down to the bottom to block Hamlin from possibly getting a run. As Amirola was moving down, Dillon's spotter told Dillon that he was getting another push from Bubba Wallace and that Dillon clear. Dillon then stayed with the run he got from Wallace's push and hit Amirola's right side rear bumper, sending Amirola into the wall.

Dillon then said he had a run, thought he was clear, and then asked if the race was over cause the caution came out. His spotter than replied that it was over and that he had won.

The TV broadcast seem to give off the impression that what Dillon did was dirty and fully intentional, but it clearly wasnt when you take into account what transpired on radio. Dillon thought he was clear based on the spotter saying he was clear. Dillon was actually clear, but it was clear of Hamlin on the bottom, not of Amirola on the top. Dillon's spotter didn't make known where Dillon was clear. When you see the car in front of you begin to head back to the bottom and you hear your spotter say clear, my immediate reaction would be to assume I'm clear in front.

BroncosFanInPA
02-25-2018, 05:59 PM
that my friends was a complete beat down by harvick & the #4 team! nobody had anything for harvick & i'm so glad he got the win because he sure earned & deserved it.

so many times the best dominating car doesn't win the race & for that matter with harvick at atlanta the past 4 races where he has led for like 1,000 laps or some absurd number.

the fords look good in the early going & the whole stewart-haas team was really strong all race long...chevy has work to do & i have doubts about if time is about up for johnson & the 48...on to vegas

Peanut
02-25-2018, 06:14 PM
that my friends was a complete beat down by harvick & the #4 team! nobody had anything for harvick & i'm so glad he got the win because he sure earned & deserved it.

so many times the best dominating car doesn't win the race & for that matter with harvick at atlanta the past 4 races where he has led for like 1,000 laps or some absurd number.

the fords look good in the early going & the whole stewart-haas team was really strong all race long...chevy has work to do & i have doubts about if time is about up for johnson & the 48...on to vegas

It is nice when the strongest car wins. Harvick has history with this track. Cool that he acknowledged the 3.

Daytona week. Finally watched all the races. I am not impressed with Stenhouse. And I still don't like plate racing. :D

BroncosFanInPA
03-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Harvick & the #4 team look like the team to beat this year...they are flat out killing the field &next up is his best track of all at phoenix, so we very well could see 3 in a row.

also still think that the run is about over for jimmie & the 48...not competitive at all & reminds me of tony's final couple years...age catches up to everyone

kingelway7
03-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Harvick & the #4 team look like the team to beat this year...they are flat out killing the field &next up is his best track of all at phoenix, so we very well could see 3 in a row.

also still think that the run is about over for jimmie & the 48...not competitive at all & reminds me of tony's final couple years...age catches up to everyone

Harvick looks dominate, yes, buts its been only 3 races. Sure, Phoenix is hands down his best track but even if he wins there and gets his 3rd consecutive win, there is still a lot of racing to go before the playoffs.

Someone to watch at Phoenix is Alex Bowman. He won the pole at Phoenix when he was replacing Jr, and he ran well there that entire race and finished either 5th or 6th.

Also, lets not ignore Ryan Blaney. If it wasn't for his late tough like during the 500, he could have been the driver we'd be all talking about now instead of Harvick.

AZ Snake Fan
03-05-2018, 12:54 PM

I agree, it's too early to count anyone out but Kevin has been "Smoking" !!!
Happy for Tony's team even if they are Fords. :laugh:

Joe Gibbs and TRD have had those new Toyos for a while; no excuse there.
Give HMS and other Chevy teams a few more races to dial in those new Camaros.

I'm no fan of Kez or JJ.

The 2 car has been strong.
Brad Kez's crew chief has made some awful strategy calls.

As long as Chad is sitting on top of the box, we can't count the 48 out just yet either

How 'bout NASCAR's nifty idea about the lug guns ?
Sure hope they get those fixed by Homestead.

This week at Phoenix:
This will be the last time the drivers will run the old track.
All the drivers like the old rough tracks and always complain about new resurfaced tracks.

Well, after this race Sunday, they will begin demo and totally reconfigure the track here.
Adding grandstands, changing oval, start/finish, pits, banking etc.
They're not even calling it PIR anymore, has some new name; can't keep up lol.
The new track will be ready for the November race and I'll wager the drivers will hate it.

I like having Jeff in the booth with DW and I'm glad Larry Mac gets to chime in a lot.
NASCAR: Get some decent lug guns !!!

Peanut
03-05-2018, 02:43 PM
It's Monday and we're all caught up on the weekend's races. :D

I agree about the lug guns. If they're making the teams use them, they really need to be sure that they work.

It'll be interesting to see how the drivers react in November.

It's okay for Harvick to have a few good races, but I hope it's not going to be total domination. And Jimmie? I almost hope he makes a mini comeback. Show that talent (and luck) is not based on age. :D

BroncosFanInPA
03-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Yes i agree that it is still very early in the season but i see the same pattern that truex & the 78 team had last year, winning stages & winning the race which is racking up those playoff points in a hurry...

harvick already has 13 playoff points & that is how truex all but guaranteed a spot in the final race was he had such a massive playoff point built up that it was as about as close to locked in as you could get.

i understand things can change at any given time, but a few more races like the last two & the #4 team will be set & be able to cruise into the final race for the cup

FL BRONCO
03-12-2018, 06:04 PM
a little :off-topic: But.....

I like the Gas Monkey gang, who woulda thought......

I just got to watch where they built the car for Kurt Bush and then Bush raced Logano. I found it very entertaining. If you all get a chance, check it out.

Peanut
03-25-2018, 03:16 PM
a little :off-topic: But.....

I like the Gas Monkey gang, who woulda thought......

I just got to watch where they built the car for Kurt Bush and then Bush raced Logano. I found it very entertaining. If you all get a chance, check it out.

I've heard about it, but have never watched it. I'll have to check it out.

Trucks and Cup rescheduled for tomorrow. Because of snow. :D Track looked pretty in white.

BroncosFanInPA
03-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Congrats to Bowyer on snapping that really long winless drought ...got home from work just in time to see the final 10 laps
& wow was he excited!

Also nice to see that #14 car back in victory lane & my oh my does SHR really have it going right now, they have 4 really strong cars & kind of reminds me of when hendrick had 4 strong cars

Peanut
03-26-2018, 10:37 PM
Congrats to Bowyer on snapping that really long winless drought ...got home from work just in time to see the final 10 laps
& wow was he excited!

Also nice to see that #14 car back in victory lane & my oh my does SHR really have it going right now, they have 4 really strong cars & kind of reminds me of when hendrick had 4 strong cars

I'm glad he didn't hurt himself with his celebrating. :D

They are strong. The #10's lowest finish is 13th (I think). Don't know what they did today. Tony's happy.

AZ Snake Fan
04-08-2018, 03:16 PM

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/2774/xd3Rrf.gif

Peanut
04-09-2018, 01:04 PM

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/2774/xd3Rrf.gif

I think that's what NASCAR is doing. They admit that Harvick's crew should have been penalized on the last pit stop. I do not know how they can make such a mistake when it was so obvious. First word that came to mind was "favoritism". Like Harvick needs it (because he's so good). So, instead of being a lap down, he comes in second.

I haven't done fantasy racing for a few years, but joined one this year. JR has it on his Twitter page. Play against the NBC announcers. Different rules than I'm used to. So I just picked without much thought and it shows. :D Larson to win and Truex to win the second stage. Kyle Busch to win the first stage (he won the second). Hope I do better next week.

Peanut
05-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Congrats to Amy and Dale Jr on the birth of their daughter (30 April. One day after Sr.'s birthday).

ELWAY421
05-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Just saw the France family is exploring selling. Nascar has went downhill since Daytona 2001, and I don't know if they can fix it.

kingelway7
05-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Just saw the France family is exploring selling. Nascar has went downhill since Daytona 2001, and I don't know if they can fix it.

I just saw the news and my heart sank. :sad:

Rastic
05-08-2018, 07:14 AM
Just read the news too this morning. I don't even follow NASCAR and was saddened.

ELWAY421
05-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Nascar got away from what made it the fastest growing sport in America not long ago.....
Whether you like the chase or not they made the sport something it wasn't. Nascar tried to appease the casual fan while alienating the hardcore fans. I was fine with the way the sport was in the 80's, and 90's. Sadly, now I don't watch. I prefer indy cars or the world of outlaws.

Peanut
05-28-2018, 12:17 PM
I enjoyed yesterday's race. More for the tributes than the racing. I love that they honor the fallen like that.

BroncosFanInPA
05-28-2018, 04:38 PM
I enjoyed yesterday's race. More for the tributes than the racing. I love that they honor the fallen like that.

It is a really nice thing nascar does to honor the troops like they do...i'm sure you also liked the fact that kyle won again, really looks like it is between kyle & harvick & it would have been nice to see if kevin had anything for kyle because nobody else had a chance.

speaking on that got me thinking about the 600 & how it's supposed to be a race of coming & going as they like to say, but kyle just flat killed the field leading 377 of 400 laps...go back 2 years ago & martin truex dominated even more leading 392 of 400 laps...so i ask how in the world can that happen in any race let alone the longest of them all?

attendance was bad & has been for some time at all tracks but my god, nobody is going to go the the 600 when 1 guy is leading wire to wire...who wants to watch that let alone pay to watch it? i seriously doubt they could fill the place if they gave tickets away for free along with free food, drink & parking.

anyway on a side note it's not going any better at the local track...opening night was cancelled for 2 weeks (12th & 19th) then finally got some racing in this week but only the heat races & 1 out 5 features before the damn rain ruined it again...it is so frustrating!! :mad:

Peanut
05-30-2018, 01:01 PM
It is a really nice thing nascar does to honor the troops like they do...i'm sure you also liked the fact that kyle won again, really looks like it is between kyle & harvick & it would have been nice to see if kevin had anything for kyle because nobody else had a chance.

It was nice that the dominate car/driver won. Harvick definitely could have changed that.

speaking on that got me thinking about the 600 & how it's supposed to be a race of coming & going as they like to say, but kyle just flat killed the field leading 377 of 400 laps...go back 2 years ago & martin truex dominated even more leading 392 of 400 laps...so i ask how in the world can that happen in any race let alone the longest of them all?

It is odd, isn't it? Seems like there would be multiple lead changes.

I like F1, but usually whoever leads after turn one ends up being the winner. So, watch the first lap and you can fast forward to the last lap and not miss much. :laugh: I do like that they televise the races commercial free.

attendance was bad & has been for some time at all tracks but my god, nobody is going to go the the 600 when 1 guy is leading wire to wire...who wants to watch that let alone pay to watch it? i seriously doubt they could fill the place if they gave tickets away for free along with free food, drink & parking.

anyway on a side note it's not going any better at the local track...opening night was cancelled for 2 weeks (12th & 19th) then finally got some racing in this week but only the heat races & 1 out 5 features before the damn rain ruined it again...it is so frustrating!! :mad:

Other sports are having attendance problems. Baseball and football. I've read articles talking about how NASCAR is trying to change to get/keep the new fans interested, but they end up losing the old fans. But if they go back to the old ways, they keep the old fans but lose the new.

I don't know why attendance is low for certain sports. People can't assume that a race is going to be boring, because not all races are. Going to a ball game, we never know if our team is going to win or if the scores are going to be high (meaning, more action). Are people spending their time and money elsewhere?

I know we haven't been to a race for a few years. Not because we don't want to, but we chose to go to some football games, instead. Now that I've been diagnosed with lupus (mild and controlled with meds), I have to be careful about being out in the sun too long even with sunscreen on. If we go back to Dover, we're thinking of going to the enclosed seating on the backstretch. Tickets are cheaper (I think) and it's air conditioned. :D

Peanut
06-04-2018, 02:25 PM
This is IndyCar related. A VP of GM crashed the pace car on the first warmup lap of yesterday's race. I thought it was so funny, but now I'm feeling sorry for the guy. I'm glad the VP and official are okay.

The car? Not so much. 755-horsepower, $120,000 Corvette ZR-1. And they had a backup. Beautiful car.

Peanut
06-24-2018, 11:55 AM
RIP Jason Johnson.

BroncosFanInPA
07-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Been a bit since posting here with summer & all going on of late but anyhow some thoughts...

Only saw the last 2 restarts last night as we were out at the local track but made home just in time for the finish, congrats to erik jones on his first win. i did see the highlights (or lowlights if you are stenhouse) boy was he driving over his head or what? also brad k. threatening to wreck everyone at dega is not going to sit well with nascar...stupid thing to say.

the season as a whole, i stand by what i said after the first 4 or 5 weeks & that harvick & the # 4 team are the ones to beat but the 18 & 78 are right there as well...seems like those 3 are light years ahead of the field with the exception of maybe bowyer & larson...those two are not far off from being at the level of the "big three" as they are calling them.

I just can't see anybody beating harvick without mistakes coming into play...i can't recall a time when one car & team were a threat to win every single race & that is not a stretch at all becasue the 4 car has 5 wins but could easily have about 10 & is at the front every race, he has no weakness.

one other thing, a bold prediction....the 48 will miss the chase & it will be the beginning of the end for that team & driver.

Canmore
07-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Been a bit since posting here with summer & all going on of late but anyhow some thoughts...

Only saw the last 2 restarts last night as we were out at the local track but made home just in time for the finish, congrats to erik jones on his first win. i did see the highlights (or lowlights if you are stenhouse) boy was he driving over his head or what? also brad k. threatening to wreck everyone at dega is not going to sit well with nascar...stupid thing to say.

the season as a whole, i stand by what i said after the first 4 or 5 weeks & that harvick & the # 4 team are the ones to beat but the 18 & 78 are right there as well...seems like those 3 are light years ahead of the field with the exception of maybe bowyer & larson...those two are not far off from being at the level of the "big three" as they are calling them.

I just can't see anybody beating harvick without mistakes coming into play...i can't recall a time when one car & team were a threat to win every single race & that is not a stretch at all becasue the 4 car has 5 wins but could easily have about 10 & is at the front every race, he has no weakness.

one other thing, a bold prediction....the 48 will miss the chase & it will be the beginning of the end for that team & driver.

Bill Elliott 1985 when he won the Winston Million.

Peanut
07-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Good to see someone else in here. I was kind of talking to myself. :D

Congrats to Erik! I really like this guy.

Stenhouse? At least he admits that he made mistakes. Doesn't help the wrecked cars, though.

And, thanks to Stenhouse, there are some different names in the top 20. 3. Allmendinger on an oval, 4. Kahne (in the 95), 7. DiBenedetto, 11 J. Earnhardt, 13. Kennington, 16. Black Jr.. A positive in all situations, right?

This is how bad the #48 is doing. I'm feeling kind of sorry for them and find myself hoping that they do well.

Peanut
07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
There's some unhappy people with Stenhouse. Article said that he needed a security escort out of the track. That's going a little too far, IMO.

It also said that he admitted to causing the crashes, but does not apologize for it. "No, it's aggressive speedway racing. We needed to win to get in the playoffs, so it is what it is".

There's aggressive and there's stupid aggressive. I said that about Rahal a couple of years ago.

Another article says that in the 3 series, there have been 160 vehicles damaged this season at Daytona.

BroncosFanInPA
07-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Good to see someone else in here. I was kind of talking to myself. :D

Congrats to Erik! I really like this guy.

Stenhouse? At least he admits that he made mistakes. Doesn't help the wrecked cars, though.

And, thanks to Stenhouse, there are some different names in the top 20. 3. Allmendinger on an oval, 4. Kahne (in the 95), 7. DiBenedetto, 11 J. Earnhardt, 13. Kennington, 16. Black Jr.. A positive in all situations, right?

This is how bad the #48 is doing. I'm feeling kind of sorry for them and find myself hoping that they do well.

I agree with most of what you said except for the bold, i don't feel sorry at all for the 48 because they have had all the success & luck over the years winning all those championships & i still can't stand the fact he won the last one of a bogus caution when carl edwards had the cup in hand.

But i'm not going to sit here & say i enjoy how that team is doing currently but just that i really don't care much if he never wins again...had his moments in time & plenty of it but that is just me.

BroncosFanInPA
07-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Ok i figured i would wait to post about the race until peanut has watched...i know you mostly watch it taped if not mistaken?

Anyhow, i have to say that kentucky speedway has got to be the worst track out there for racing because there is no passing & this isn't just about truex kicking everyone's tail...but for maybe a few spots all night there was absolutely no passing, no positions changing on the track but just lap after lap after lap everyone in the same spot.

I cannot imagine why on earth they would keep racing at that track because it is downright awful for racing & i wouldn't go watch a race there if you paid me too.

Peanut
07-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Ok i figured i would wait to post about the race until peanut has watched...i know you mostly watch it taped if not mistaken?

Anyhow, i have to say that kentucky speedway has got to be the worst track out there for racing because there is no passing & this isn't just about truex kicking everyone's tail...but for maybe a few spots all night there was absolutely no passing, no positions changing on the track but just lap after lap after lap everyone in the same spot.

I cannot imagine why on earth they would keep racing at that track because it is downright awful for racing & i wouldn't go watch a race there if you paid me too.

You are correct and thank you. :D I don't really mind knowing who won and what happened. Kind of hard to avoid.

Yeah, there's been more exciting races than Kentucky.

I am enjoying Jr as a commentator.

Trucks at Eldora on Wednesday. Kind of disappointed that Larson isn't racing. I wanted to see how many times he could hit the wall and keep on going. :D He will be in the booth so that should be interesting. Always a fun race.

Peanut
07-18-2018, 04:56 PM
How about replacing Kentucky with Eldora? Stewart says his track can handle X and Cup.

Can't find the tweet right now, but he's asking fans to retweet to get NASCAR's attention.

BroncosFanInPA
07-18-2018, 05:19 PM
How about replacing Kentucky with Eldora? Stewart says his track can handle X and Cup.

Can't find the tweet right now, but he's asking fans to retweet to get NASCAR's attention.

That would be awesome! could you imagine the action there would be in a cup race on dirt...

no doubt it would be more exciting, but i can't see it ever happening but then again i never thought they would add a third road course race either but they did & that should be interesting as well.

enjoy the show tonight :thumb:

Peanut
07-22-2018, 12:44 PM
That would be awesome! could you imagine the action there would be in a cup race on dirt...

no doubt it would be more exciting, but i can't see it ever happening but then again i never thought they would add a third road course race either but they did & that should be interesting as well.

enjoy the show tonight :thumb:

I can see maybe X going there. Not sure if they would put the Cup drivers through that. It'd be like the first time they did a road course. :D

Do they have lights at NH? Wait. They just said driver intros in 7 minutes. If this storm is going up the coast, they're going to be getting more rain. We have rain forecast every day until Wednesday.

Oh, and Erik Jones cut his hair. :sad:

BroncosFanInPA
08-06-2018, 04:43 PM
A few thoughts on the race...

First congrats to chase on getting the monkey off his back & getting that first cup win, i thought for sure truex was going to get by & also kyle had the car to beat but without a caution he wasn't getting back to the leaders.

Seemed liked those 3 had the field covered by a long shot & that brings me to the other part that was surprising & that was the fact that harvick was not a factor at all for perhaps the first time all season & also really shocked that almendinger didn't run better, he is usually really strong at the road course races.

Well now in a moment i am gonna post something that i am super excited about for this coming weekend at the local track, it's a really big event...

BroncosFanInPA
08-06-2018, 04:52 PM
https://www.jennerstown.org/news/historic-event-jennerstown-speedway-complex-less-one-month-away/

Historic Event At Jennerstown Speedway Complex Less Than One Month Away

(Jennerstown, PA) On Saturday, August 11, 2018, Jennerstown Speedway Complex will host a racing event of national attention. The inaugural running of the “Motor Mountain Masters” event will match racing teams from all over the United States, head to head, on the Laurel Highlands paved oval. The prize money to be paid out to the competitors is more than six-times the amount of money paid for most Saturday night races. Since the announcement of “The Masters” back in December of 2017, the interest of the short-track racing world has been piqued.

The top level of racing on Saturday nights at Jennerstown Speedway is the Martella’s Pharmacies Late Model division. On August 11, Late Model drivers from all corners of Pennsylvania and New York, plus several states in the Midwest and the Southeast will converge at the half-mile oval. The regional superstars, who compete more frequently at Jennerstown, are determined to “defend their home turf” and keep the majority of the prize money in the Laurel Highlands region. Over $53,000 will be paid out to racers on “Masters” weekend, as the Late Model competitors’ feature race will be 150 laps in distance. Typically, on a Saturday night at Jennerstown Speedway, a Late Model feature race is 30 laps. The notable increase in prize money and lap/distance, makes the “Masters” event one of the most eagerly anticipated, crown-jewel events in America, during the 2018 season.

The “Motor Mountain Masters” agenda includes two days of on track activities, and three separate divisions of race cars. The Somerset Trust Company Fast ‘n Furious 4-Cylinder division, and the Stoystown Auto Modified division will be competing for drastically increased prize money, awarded for longer distance races as well. On a weekly basis, the 4-Cylinders compete in a 15-lap feature race; the “Motor Mountain Masters” weekend feature race will be 35 laps in distance. The Modifieds, which compete in a 20-lap feature event each Saturday of the regular season, will battle for 50 laps, during the inaugural “Masters” weekend.

Friday, August 10, will be “Practice Night,” offering the out-of-state drivers a chance to become familiar with the Jennerstown pavement, and gain valuable experience on the big, fast, surface. Racers of all three divisions are welcome to test and tune their equipment on Friday night, and general admission for spectators is FREE to Practice Night. All official competition, including time trials, will take place Saturday, August 11, with qualifying at 5pm. Opening ceremonies will occur at 6pm, with racing to start immediately after.

“It’s been almost 25 years since a national-scope, special event of this magnitude has been held at Jennerstown Speedway,” Promoter Mike Lysakowski pointed out. “In the early days of asphalt racing at Jennerstown, Late Model drivers from all over the country would make a yearly visit for races of significant prize money, or even some televised events. This is the first race of such caliber, since the track has been brought back to life after the ‘silent years’ here. Teams from all over the nation have expressed interest in competing in the ‘Masters,’ the past several months,” Lysakowski confirmed.

https://www.jennerstown.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/August-11.jpg

Peanut
08-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Congrats to Chase! Nice to see him get his first win.

I know a lot of people don't like Kyle, but he is an impressive driver. To restart that far back and finish third on a road course?

Looks like a lot of fun, PA! Nice to see people supporting their local track.

Brian France has made the news this week. It will be interesting to see how NASCAR handles this. I know he's not a driver, but... If he has a problem, I hope he gets some help.

Peanut
08-20-2018, 03:14 PM
How was the Motor Mountain Masters, PA?

Interesting weekend for racing. Some good racing. A fan wanted to fight Kyle Busch. I guess that's Bristol. :D

We were at Six Flags yesterday. Got a notice about a red flag in the IndyCar race because of an accident. Saw the crash on my phone. :eek: When I got home, I watched it again and still cringed.

So glad Robert Wickens is going to be okay. Two broken legs as well as injuries to his spine, lungs and right arm. Prayers for a quick and complete recovery. Scary how close Wicken's car was to Hunter-Reay's helmet. Split the roll bar.

We lost Justin Wilson 3 years ago at the same track (Pocono).

CanDB
08-20-2018, 05:41 PM

Interesting weekend for racing. Some good racing. A fan wanted to fight Kyle Busch. I guess that's Bristol. :D

We were at Six Flags yesterday. Got a notice about a red flag in the IndyCar race because of an accident. Saw the crash on my phone. :eek: When I got home, I watched it again and still cringed.

So glad Robert Wickens is going to be okay. Two broken legs as well as injuries to his spine, lungs and right arm. Prayers for a quick and complete recovery. Scary how close Wicken's car was to Hunter-Reay's helmet. Split the roll bar.

I do not only watch out for canucks, but I must say that it looked pretty bad for our guy Wickens when his car crashed and then started spinning in the air. So relieved that he is apparently doing well, other than the obvious need for surgery.

Car racing is such a highly skilled sport, but when accidents happen, they are pretty scary. I am amazed how often these racers minimize their injuries.

BroncosFanInPA
08-22-2018, 03:06 PM

Hey peanut, just saw this as i was out of town for a few days for work & what a coincidence you being at six flags because tomorrow me & the wife are headed up to cedar point for a few days...

So the motor mountain masters was good, but not the car turnout they were expecting, there were 18 late models & 16 modifieds with only 3 out of state late model drivers & 1 modified...the rest were sat. night regulars but the racing was good despite the lower car count than what they wanted.

Bristol was crazy from what i saw, i was trying to do a fire & watch the race checking in every now & then...i saw the first stage before heading outside & i said no way kyle would get back in contention with that damage but sure enough he did...that was hard to believe, i think had he been a little more patient with truex then he wins the race but it wasn't to be.

Haven't seen the indy crash yet but heard it was crazy...i will check it out shortly.

Peanut
08-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Hey peanut, just saw this as i was out of town for a few days for work & what a coincidence you being at six flags because tomorrow me & the wife are headed up to cedar point for a few days...

So the motor mountain masters was good, but not the car turnout they were expecting, there were 18 late models & 16 modifieds with only 3 out of state late model drivers & 1 modified...the rest were sat. night regulars but the racing was good despite the lower car count than what they wanted.

Bristol was crazy from what i saw, i was trying to do a fire & watch the race checking in every now & then...i saw the first stage before heading outside & i said no way kyle would get back in contention with that damage but sure enough he did...that was hard to believe, i think had he been a little more patient with truex then he wins the race but it wasn't to be.

Haven't seen the indy crash yet but heard it was crazy...i will check it out shortly.

Too bad about the Masters. At least it was good racing.

Yeah, Kyle took the blame for that one. It was amazing to watch him go through the field. I was surprised that his twitter was so calm. I guess he took someone's advice and responded only to the positives.

Wickens had rods and screws put in his back. I guess it's too early to tell the extent of the damage. I just pray that he recovers completely.

Have fun at Six Flags!

Peanut
09-02-2018, 05:21 PM
I should dig up my Ernie Skittles shirt. :D

And have I mentioned I'm not crazy about Dillion?

BroncosFanInPA
09-04-2018, 06:32 PM
I should dig up my Ernie Skittles shirt. :D

And have I mentioned I'm not crazy about Dillion?

Don't worry dillon will be one of the first 4 out after the cut...if not for his daytona 500 win then he is not even close to the playoffs....

Indy has the potential to be crazy being the the last chance to get in, some teams are going to pull out all the stops & don't be shocked if someone unexpected wins...newman & menard have both won this race & that would knock either bowman or johnson out if that happens.

not that it matters because i feel either one of them would not advance out of round 1 anyway...

predictions to follow after the race

Peanut
09-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Sad that Furniture Row Racing is closing. They say it's a lack of sponsorship. Seems like it would be easier to get sponsors since they won a championship. Some longtime sponsors are leaving.

Don't worry dillon will be one of the first 4 out after the cut...if not for his daytona 500 win then he is not even close to the playoffs....

Indy has the potential to be crazy being the the last chance to get in, some teams are going to pull out all the stops & don't be shocked if someone unexpected wins...newman & menard have both won this race & that would knock either bowman or johnson out if that happens.

not that it matters because i feel either one of them would not advance out of round 1 anyway...

predictions to follow after the race

I enjoy your predictions. You've done pretty good with them.

Peanut
09-07-2018, 04:36 PM
They released more details (https://autoweek.com/article/indycar/robert-wickens-thursday-update-includes-more-injury-details) of Wickens' injuries this week.

•Thoracic spinal fracture
•Spinal cord injury
•Neck fracture
•Tibia and fibula fractures to both legs
•Fractures in both hands
•Fractured right forearm
•Fractured elbow
•Four fractured ribs
•Pulmonary contusion

He has a long recovery ahead. Prayers continue for him and his family.

BroncosFanInPA
09-11-2018, 04:44 PM
^^^ that just sounds awful & so much pain to deal with & to recover from^^^

didn't get to see the race being on a monday with work so i have no comments about that, but it is playoff time now so how bout some predictions...

So let's start at the top & who will be the final 4 to race for the cup & no surprises hear...

Harvick(Champion)
Kyle Busch
Truex
Bowyer

Now for the round 1 cuts

Johnson
Bowman
Dillion
Hamlin

Round 2 cuts

Almirola
Blaney
Jones
Elliot

Round 3 cuts

Kurt Busch
Keseloski
Larson
Logano

Peanut
09-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Your predictions look pretty good, PA. Logical.

I would like to see:

Larson (Champion) -- the opposite of what happened to him last year. I'm hoping he peaks during the play offs
Kyle Busch
Truex
Harvick

Round 1 cuts

Johnson
Bowman
Dillion
Almirola

Round 2 cuts

Logano
Blaney
Kurt Busch
Elliot

Round 3 cuts

Jones
Brad
Bowyer
Hamlin

Totally not based on logic. :D

Peanut
09-16-2018, 08:53 PM
I haven't watched the IndyCar race, yet, but had to see who won the Championship.

Congrats, Dixon! Glad it wasn't Rossi. Haven't been happy with the way he's been driving and not getting any penalties for it.

BroncosFanInPA
09-30-2018, 03:04 PM
The 48...LOL!

He was in the next round, all he had to do was ride behind truex & then he did the one thing that could knock him out...so stupid :doh:

we did alright with predictions peanut, we both got 3/4 correct. :thumb:

Peanut
10-05-2018, 01:15 PM
The 48...LOL!

He was in the next round, all he had to do was ride behind truex & then he did the one thing that could knock him out...so stupid :doh:

we did alright with predictions peanut, we both got 3/4 correct. :thumb:

That was a fun race. Add rain and make it a night race. :D

Part of me can see why Johnson did what he did. I guess the need to win takes over logic.

And Larson should have learned a big lesson. Never give up (at one point, he said "why continue?"). I think my favorite part of the race was watching the 42 slam into this wall, slam into that wall, cross the finish line to go onto the next round. :D

Sad that the 20 didn't make it.

3/4 is pretty good.

BroncosFanInPA
10-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Got to feel so bad for almirola at this point because it seems like he is snake bitten or something...

that had to be about the 3rd race this year that he had won but for something happening like a late caution or bad pitstop or something else...i thought they should have stayed out under the last caution, was only going to be about 5 or 6 laps to the finish

Peanut
10-08-2018, 11:34 PM
Got to feel so bad for almirola at this point because it seems like he is snake bitten or something...

that had to be about the 3rd race this year that he had won but for something happening like a late caution or bad pitstop or something else...i thought they should have stayed out under the last caution, was only going to be about 5 or 6 laps to the finish

Watched it tonight. He'll get his wins. At least he's in good equipment and with a good team.

Weird stuff happening to the #48. Years like this humbles a person.

Freyaka
10-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Watched it tonight. He'll get his wins. At least he's in good equipment and with a good team.

Weird stuff happening to the #48. Years like this humbles a person.

I haven't watched the sport for like two years, as a Johnson hater, I enjoyed watching him eliminate himself from the chase. That was hilarious, especially since it came down to Larson's beat up car bouncing repeatedly off the wall to hobble its way past Jeffery Earnhardt.

Peanut
10-26-2018, 01:50 PM
I was concerned about this possibility. Prayers to Wickens and family.

I'm not posting a link to the article because Yahoo changes them so much.

IndyCar driver Robert Wickens has announced on his Instagram account that he’s paralyzed from the waist down.

Wickens said in his post:

“Did my first slide transfer as a paraplegic today. My upper body is getting stronger and stronger and hopefully I’ll be able to do it unassisted soon. I’ve only been posting videos of the small movement in my legs, but the reality is I am far away from walking on my own. Some people are a bit confused with the severity of my injury, so I wanted let you know the reality of it. I’ve never worked harder for anything in my life, and I am giving it all I’ve got to spark those nerves in my legs.”

The 29-year-old Wickens suffered major critical injuries after being involved in a horrific crash August 19 in the early laps of the IndyCar race at Pocono Raceway. His car flew up into the catchfence, spun several times in mid-air and landed hard against the inside retaining wall.

Peanut
11-07-2018, 05:05 PM
I heard that the team is not going to appeal the penalties.

The No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing team has been issued an L1-level penalty following driver Kevin Harvick’s win Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway, an infraction that carries major championship implications in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

The team violated Section 20.4.12 of the NASCAR Rule Book that is specific to spoilers. Spoilers must be used exactly as supplied from the manufacturer and not altered. The infraction was discovered in post-race tear down at the NASCAR Research & Development Center.

As a result, Harvick has been docked 40 driver points and the team loses 40 owner points as well. Harvick’s win at Texas no longer automatically qualifies the team for the Championship 4 in Miami. He will enter this weekend’s Round of 8 finale fourth among eight playoff drivers in the standings, three points above the cutline – should there be a tie for the final transfer spot, Harvick cannot use the Texas win in the tiebreaking procedure.

Additionally, both crew chief Rodney Childers and car chief Robert Smith have been suspended for the next two races – ISM Raceway at Phoenix and the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Childers also has been fined $75,000.

I feel bad for Johnson. They've had such a bad year, they really didn't need NASCAR to have a breakdown in communication that resulted in them starting from the back.

Freyaka
11-07-2018, 05:38 PM
I heard that the team is not going to appeal the penalties.

I feel bad for Johnson. They've had such a bad year, they really didn't need NASCAR to have a breakdown in communication that resulted in them starting from the back.

I can't ever feel bad for Johnson, he's like the Raiders of Nascar racing.

BroncosFanInPA
11-08-2018, 08:08 PM
Sucks for harvick & the #4 team but i honestly don't think it will matter, i think he will be more determined than ever & go out there & win at phoenix which happens to be his best track overall with 9 wins including earlier this season.

yeah the track has been reconfigured & all but i don't think it will make a difference...only thing that keeps the 4 team from advancing would be crash/mechanical failure or something along those lines.

i also still believe he wins at all at homestead.

Peanut
11-12-2018, 01:10 AM
Harvick(Champion)
Kyle Busch
Truex
Bowyer

Larson (Champion) -- the opposite of what happened to him last year. I'm hoping he peaks during the play offs
Kyle Busch
Truex
Harvick

3 out of 4 for both of us. Joey messed us up. :D

I'm going with Kyle. Surprised? :D

BroncosFanInPA
11-12-2018, 03:50 PM
3 out of 4 for both of us. Joey messed us up. :D

I'm going with Kyle. Surprised? :D

Yeah no surprise with the big 3 although it was dicey for harvick & of course i knew you were for kyle :thumb:

That was some race yesterday, filled with drama & i bet a lot of nervous people...hell i was nervous for harvick after he had the flat, but i always said that would be the only way he didn't make the final four was some sort of problem.

tough break for kurt to end that way because he had a strong car & also how bout almirola? didn't expect him to challenge & threaten that much...bright future for that 10 team

Peanut
11-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Yeah no surprise with the big 3 although it was dicey for harvick & of course i knew you were for kyle :thumb:

That was some race yesterday, filled with drama & i bet a lot of nervous people...hell i was nervous for harvick after he had the flat, but i always said that would be the only way he didn't make the final four was some sort of problem.

tough break for kurt to end that way because he had a strong car & also how bout almirola? didn't expect him to challenge & threaten that much...bright future for that 10 team

The flat happened so early in the race, I figured he would be okay (as long as there wasn't significant damage to the car). They did good by not panicking. It wasn't a must win for them.

Too bad for Kurt and the #9. Almirola has done really well. Last year, the 10 was like a mid-20's team.

Peanut
11-12-2018, 11:26 PM
RIP David Pearson

:salute:

FL BRONCO
11-14-2018, 09:43 AM
I'm out of the loop, just heard about the Silver Fox. RIP indeed. He was great for the sport and all those around him.:salute:

Peanut
11-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Happy for Moffitt winning the Truck championship. I like it when underdogs win. Hope the team and Moffitt can continue next year.

I wanted Bell in Xfinity. Not totally unhappy that Reddick won, though. Apparently, he was the underdog in that series. Kind of odd since he drives for Jr.

PA, I think you know how I feel about Joey. :D If Kyle couldn't win, I was pulling for Truex (more for Furniture Row Racing, since it was their last race).

Logano is one of those drivers that I like at times and dislike at other times. Nice that it was his first championship and he won for Penske.

Someone said that this was the results under the classic points system:

1) @KyleBusch 1434 pts
2) @KevinHarvick -48
3) @MartinTruex_Jr -170
4) @joeylogano -187
5) @KurtBusch -218
6) @keselowski -282
7) @KyleLarsonRacin -328
8) @chaseelliott -332
9) @ClintBowyer -358
10) @Blaney -368

David Light:

Usually I relied on Jayski, but he stopped doing them after 2016. I did the same thing last year to keep track. After each race, Jayski posts race results that show how many points each driver earned. Take total points from race before Playoffs and keep a running total.

Freyaka
11-25-2018, 11:08 AM
I think I'm content with sliced bread getting his first championship. I'd have rather have seen Furniture Row go out on top, but I can live with Joey.

roushmartin6
11-30-2018, 08:39 PM
Really wanted truex to win it. Still shows how far Brian France has run the sport into the ground, a powerhouse like frr couldn't get a sponsor

Peanut
12-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers to Kyle and Samantha Busch. They lost their little girl in a miscarriage. Her twitter post is so heartbreaking.

FL BRONCO
12-01-2018, 09:04 AM
Thoughts and prayers to Kyle and Samantha Busch. They lost their little girl in a miscarriage. Her twitter post is so heartbreaking.

That is heartbreaking.

Freyaka
12-01-2018, 10:21 AM

That's rough. Been there and it's one of the saddest things my wife and I ever had to deal with. No matter my thoughts on the guy as a driver, my heart goes out to him as a person right now.

Peanut
01-11-2019, 11:30 PM
That's rough. Been there and it's one of the saddest things my wife and I ever had to deal with. No matter my thoughts on the guy as a driver, my heart goes out to him as a person right now.

I'm sorry for your loss, Frey. It's a hard thing to go through.

RIP J.D.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Joe Gibbs Racing announced late Friday night that J.D. Gibbs had died from a “degenerative neurological disease.” He was 49.

Gibbs, the son of team namesake Joe Gibbs, was the co-founder of JGR. He held management roles with the team throughout its existence. The team said in 2015 that Gibbs was having brain issues but had not figured out their cause.

Peanut
01-29-2019, 02:52 PM
I think it's almost time for racing to start. I hope I won't be talking to myself. :D

BroncosFanInPA
01-29-2019, 05:37 PM
I think it's almost time for racing to start. I hope I won't be talking to myself. :D

I'm still here peanut, just not posting much in the off season but i'm ready for some racing....next weekend is the start with i believe they call it "the clash" now?

anyhow, i am really excited for the local track but that isn't until may :sad:

Peanut
01-30-2019, 02:53 PM
I'm still here peanut, just not posting much in the off season but i'm ready for some racing....next weekend is the start with i believe they call it "the clash" now?

anyhow, i am really excited for the local track but that isn't until may :sad:

I know a lot of people take a break in the off season. I haven't looked at any start dates or anything. I read some of the drivers' Twitter accounts and there's more racing talk. Some, like Larson and Bell race all year (New Zealand).Hope it warms up for them (and the fans).

Besides the local track, what are you looking forward to? I know there's been some changes at Stewart Racing.

BroncosFanInPA
01-30-2019, 03:44 PM
I know a lot of people take a break in the off season. I haven't looked at any start dates or anything. I read some of the drivers' Twitter accounts and there's more racing talk. Some, like Larson and Bell race all year (New Zealand).Hope it warms up for them (and the fans).

Besides the local track, what are you looking forward to? I know there's been some changes at Stewart Racing.

Well i am curious to see if martin truex will have a smooth transition to gibbs or will it take some time?

Also i would like to see if almirola can improve on last season which was a career best for him but yet in a way i feel he & the 10 team may also feel they left a few wins out there, so we shall see how it all plays out.

Peanut
01-31-2019, 12:32 AM
Well i am curious to see if martin truex will have a smooth transition to gibbs or will it take some time?

Also i would like to see if almirola can improve on last season which was a career best for him but yet in a way i feel he & the 10 team may also feel they left a few wins out there, so we shall see how it all plays out.

I'm trying to remember if Truex is keeping the same crew and crew chief. I think he is. If so, it'll make it easier.

The 10 should keep improving. It'll be interesting to watch.

So good to see:

BroncosFanInPA
02-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Wow! Johnson should have retired...

first he wrecks the entire field sunday & now he drives straight into the side of kyle, what the hell is his problem?

he better watch his back because he is not making any friends

Peanut
02-15-2019, 02:47 PM
Wow! Johnson should have retired...

first he wrecks the entire field sunday & now he drives straight into the side of kyle, what the hell is his problem?

he better watch his back because he is not making any friends

I saw Sunday's race. Haven't seen the Duels, yet.

I understand that last year was horrible for Johnson and the need to start winning again. But...to take out a driver and team like Menard? And, yes, I think it was Johnson's fault. One view shows that Menard held his line and Johnson went up the track. At least that's what I saw. :D

Now I have to go see which Kyle.

Peanut
02-16-2019, 04:31 PM
RIP Sam Bass.

:salute:

BroncosFanInPA
03-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Where is everyone in this thread? ha ha!

Well my thoughts thus far...daytona was same old crash fest, atlanta was nothing special & then there was all this talk about when vegas rolled around that the new rules package was going to create more exciting closer pack style racing...

boy were they totally wrong on that, i didn't see any of that at all & other than the leaders not getting away from one another it was just your average race & nothing different.

Seems like harvick starts these races off as the favorite leading but then fades a bit while the penske boys of logano & kes along with kyle busch get stronger as the race goes.

overall it appears in the early stages that it will be the same players as last season

:2cents:

Peanut
03-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Where is everyone in this thread? ha ha!

Well my thoughts thus far...daytona was same old crash fest, atlanta was nothing special & then there was all this talk about when vegas rolled around that the new rules package was going to create more exciting closer pack style racing...

boy were they totally wrong on that, i didn't see any of that at all & other than the leaders not getting away from one another it was just your average race & nothing different.

Seems like harvick starts these races off as the favorite leading but then fades a bit while the penske boys of logano & kes along with kyle busch get stronger as the race goes.

overall it appears in the early stages that it will be the same players as last season

:2cents:

I guess it's our own private thread. :D

They're trying to make it better. Not sure what they can do, though.

Not surprising about the same players. Strong drivers + strong teams = being on top.

Stewart was on the DJD a few weeks back. He had some interesting comments about raw, natural talent VS learned talent. I thought Kyle Busch would have been in the former group, but Tony says that there's only one driver in Cup right now and that's Kyle Larson. In X, he says maybe C. Bell. Both dirt racers. :D