PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Freyaka
03-05-2019, 03:03 PM
Where is everyone in this thread? ha ha!

Well my thoughts thus far...daytona was same old crash fest, atlanta was nothing special & then there was all this talk about when vegas rolled around that the new rules package was going to create more exciting closer pack style racing...

boy were they totally wrong on that, i didn't see any of that at all & other than the leaders not getting away from one another it was just your average race & nothing different.

Seems like harvick starts these races off as the favorite leading but then fades a bit while the penske boys of logano & kes along with kyle busch get stronger as the race goes.

overall it appears in the early stages that it will be the same players as last season

:2cents:

Sorry man, Nascar lost my attention years ago....

DenverBlood
03-07-2019, 05:46 PM
NASCAR is still running?

Peanut
03-09-2019, 04:39 PM
NASCAR is still running?

Yes, it is. And some of us still enjoy it.

IndyCar starts this weekend. Foyt and Wickens are supposed to be at the track.

brianmcfarlane
03-10-2019, 11:47 AM
I used to follow Indy racing until about 10 years ago, maybe a little longer ago than that. I do still enjoy watching/following the Indy 500. It seems that the Indy has a lot of names now that I don't recognize or can't even pronounce correctly... just kidding.:D

So about 15 years ago I started casually following NASCAR and I watch most races that are on regular network TV (I don't do the cable/pay TV any more... except Netflix) and they are relatively entertaining. I guess I have not noticed them to be getting less entertaining myself. I was a Jeff Gordon fan and now I like Truex, primarily because he represented Denver, with the Denver Mattress team. Great seeing him/they win the championship. I can see that without some of the old names, including Earnhardt Jr some fans have lost interest. But there are some pretty good new names too... I like Chase Elliott and the new Hendrick racing drivers are beginning to be competitive. Ryan Blaney on the pole today is relatively new, Daniel Hemric has been a competitive rookie in qualifying and Bubba Wallace is another young driver that has flashed some competitiveness.
Maybe since I am not a long time fan of NASCAR I don't see the sport getting less entertaining as much as long time fans seem to be. I have lost most interest in Indy racing though.
Maybe I would rather watch Americans race more so than foreigners? Similar to rooting for Denver Mattress/Truex and I was a fan of the Unser's in Indy and the Pikes Peak race.

Peanut
03-12-2019, 01:50 PM
I used to follow Indy racing until about 10 years ago, maybe a little longer ago than that. I do still enjoy watching/following the Indy 500. It seems that the Indy has a lot of names now that I don't recognize or can't even pronounce correctly... just kidding.:D

So about 15 years ago I started casually following NASCAR and I watch most races that are on regular network TV (I don't do the cable/pay TV any more... except Netflix) and they are relatively entertaining. I guess I have not noticed them to be getting less entertaining myself. I was a Jeff Gordon fan and now I like Truex, primarily because he represented Denver, with the Denver Mattress team. Great seeing him/they win the championship. I can see that without some of the old names, including Earnhardt Jr some fans have lost interest. But there are some pretty good new names too... I like Chase Elliott and the new Hendrick racing drivers are beginning to be competitive. Ryan Blaney on the pole today is relatively new, Daniel Hemric has been a competitive rookie in qualifying and Bubba Wallace is another young driver that has flashed some competitiveness.
Maybe since I am not a long time fan of NASCAR I don't see the sport getting less entertaining as much as long time fans seem to be. I have lost most interest in Indy racing though.
Maybe I would rather watch Americans race more so than foreigners? Similar to rooting for Denver Mattress/Truex and I was a fan of the Unser's in Indy and the Pikes Peak race.

Maybe because I'm mixed race, I don't mind watching a mix of drivers. If you catch an Indy race, keep an eye on Colton Herta (Bryan's son). He's showing a lot of promise and he's only 18. Just checked. Out of 24 drivers, 11 are American (there's a couple more but they are not full time).

I've been watching NASCAR for awhile and when my favorite drivers disappear, I just pick another driver. Larson, C. Bell, Gragson are some of my current favorites (yes, I still like Kyle Busch :D ).

What can I say? Maybe I'm easily entertained. :laugh:

BroncosFanInPA
04-14-2019, 12:52 PM
NASCAR is still running?

At the rate things are going, it won't be for much longer...

the racing is terrible this year & nobody is going to the track anymore - bristol once the hardest ticket out there had an estimated 38,000 last week, richmond last night was no better.

i seriously doubt i would even go if tickets were given to me, the product on the track is not good & if things keep up this way with empty grandstands...nascar may end up going away.

ELWAY421
04-14-2019, 01:09 PM
At the rate things are going, it won't be for much longer...

the racing is terrible this year & nobody is going to the track anymore - bristol once the hardest ticket out there had an estimated 38,000 last week, richmond last night was no better.

i seriously doubt i would even go if tickets were given to me, the product on the track is not good & if things keep up this way with empty grandstands...nascar may end up going away.

Imo Nascar brought this on themselves. Too many changes. Instead of catering to your hardcore fanbase you tried to cater to the casual fan. Old tracks that have gone away any replaced by these boring tracks that are all closely the same.

I'd much rather watch the World Of Outlaws or a Indy Car race.

BroncosFanInPA
06-28-2019, 08:33 PM
well it's been a while since i posted & nothing much has really changed...racing continues to be not very good with the exception of the michigan race, so what is that like 1 out of 16 races?

may as well just remove everyone from the track & let truex & kyle busch race each other...at sonoma it was them 1-2 & then 3rd on back finished like 35 seconds behind...for real?? :rolleyes:

Anyway i am again getting pumped for our big event at the local track (jennerstown speedway) but this year it appears it's going to be an epic event...currently they have 46 drivers expected to enter the 30 car field for this major late model event that is paying out $10,000 to win.

https://www.jennerstown.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/masters-list-with-photos.jpg

The entry list for the 2 annual Motor Mountain Masters continues to grow. Currently 46 drivers from across the USA and Canada have confirmed their entries with speedway officials. Several other high profile drivers have inquired about the event and are expected to commit closer to the event. Pre sale tickets for the Saturday August 10th event are on sale now at www.jennerstown.org for just $15 for adults. $18 at the gate. Kids 12 and under are FREE!

Peanut
07-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a great event, PA. Have fun and let us know how it went.

Trucks have been pretty interesting. Haven't watched this week's race (waiting for hubby. He's out of town). I did hear that Decker was upset with someone.

I'm going to go watch IndyCar practice. Sato got physical?

Wickens is driving a pace car with special hand controls. That's going to be emotional.

EDIT: Couldn't find a general MLB thread, so I'm putting it here.

Awesome game for the Angels yesterday.

From Yahoo Sports:

Numerical coincidences were plentiful, beginning with his 7/13/1991 birth date, and the Angels pointed them out. After scoring seven runs in the first inning, the Angels collected six more for a total of 13.

The last combined no-hitter thrown in California was on Skaggs’ birth date, when four Baltimore Orioles combined to shut out the Oakland Athletics on July 13, 1991. The Angels’ no-hitter Friday was the 11th in franchise history; Skaggs wore No. 11 at Santa Monica High.

To Tyler Skaggs

:salute:

BroncosFanInPA
07-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Not sure if you got to see the cup race @ kentucky yet peanut so i will just say this in case you haven't...

Wow! that was some finish, finally a good ending of a race.

Also would be nice to get to a track that tires fall off & make a big difference how you take care of them & that you certainly need them every stop & none of this 2 tire or even no tire stops, but i guess it does make for interesting strategy.

Peanut
07-16-2019, 12:00 AM
Not sure if you got to see the cup race @ kentucky yet peanut so i will just say this in case you haven't...

Wow! that was some finish, finally a good ending of a race.

Also would be nice to get to a track that tires fall off & make a big difference how you take care of them & that you certainly need them every stop & none of this 2 tire or even no tire stops, but i guess it does make for interesting strategy.

Thank you for the no-spoilers effort. I usually find out who wins, though.

I saw the finish of the Kentucky when I watched the IndyCar race. They promote each other because they're on the same network and have two cross-over owners (plus Cindric). Good finish.

I wonder how tires with different hardnesses would work in NASCAR? Make it mandatory to use reds at least once during the race. I don't know if it would make the racing better or not.

AZ Snake Fan
07-28-2019, 12:08 PM

Check out Brexton pre-race at Pocono:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155552604178604033

Peanut
07-28-2019, 04:00 PM

Check out Brexton pre-race at Pocono:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155552604178604033

Cute. Kids have to amuse themselves somehow. :D

AZ Snake Fan
07-28-2019, 07:40 PM

Cute. Kids have to amuse themselves somehow. :D

A chip off the old block.
Poor kid, looks just like Kyle.
:laugh:

Peanut
07-30-2019, 12:20 AM

A chip off the old block.
Poor kid, looks just like Kyle.
:laugh:

:D

Seems like tempers are flaring. This week, Stenhouse Jr and Kurt Busch. Wallace and Suarez. Last week, Stenhouse Jr and Jones. And, from a few weeks ago, Bowyer and Newman.

Dirt on Thursday. Always a fun race. I will have to watch it Friday because of the HOF game.

Football !

Peanut
08-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Every time I check the race, it's under caution. Must be a good race. :D

BroncosFanInPA
08-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Every time I check the race, it's under caution. Must be a good race. :D

that dirt race is always a good one. tony said he wants to run in it one day...

speaking of who was in the race, one of our local short track boys ran the race...mark smith in the 38 car finished 15th. mark is out of myersdale & is i believe 3rd all time in wins at jennerstown speedway & of course will be in the motor mountain masters.

speaking of the masters, it continues to get bigger & bigger as it approaches next weekend...there are now over 50-55 racers entered for this event & the track has decided to run a 30 lap non-qualifier race for those cars that don't make the 30 car field...

this is going to be so damn awesome! wish my pals AZ & Peanut could be there to watch with me :thumb:

AZ Snake Fan
08-04-2019, 07:59 PM

speaking of who was in the race, one of our local short track boys ran the race...mark smith in the 38 car finished 15th. mark is out of myersdale & is i believe 3rd all time in wins at jennerstown speedway & of course will be in the motor mountain masters.

speaking of the masters, it continues to get bigger & bigger as it approaches next weekend...there are now over 50-55 racers entered for this event & the track has decided to run a 30 lap non-qualifier race for those cars that don't make the 30 car field...

this is going to be so damn awesome! wish my pals AZ & Peanut could be there to watch with me :thumb:

We're excited for you PA, hope you and your family have a memorable time !
Hard to believe that next weekend is almost here already.
You know, you can always send your Lear Jet to pick us up. lol :laugh:

Speaking of family, I was happy to see Awesome Bill from Dawsonville enjoying his day today.

Peanut
08-05-2019, 03:15 PM

Speaking of family, I was happy to see Awesome Bill from Dawsonville enjoying his day today.

That would be awesome if we could get together. Unfortunately, it's not a good time for us. Jet would be fun, but I think it's within driving distance for us. Good idea for the 30 lap non-qualifier race. They'll still be able to have fun.

I usually pull for JGR, but yesterday I really wanted Chase to win. Nice guy.

Tempers are still flaring (In F1, too). Wallace used to drive for Kyle in the Trucks. Wonder if there's some bad feelings from that? I know he gets frustrated. I hope he gets a win soon.

BroncosFanInPA
08-05-2019, 06:54 PM

That would be awesome if we could get together. Unfortunately, it's not a good time for us. Jet would be fun, but I think it's within driving distance for us. Good idea for the 30 lap non-qualifier race. They'll still be able to have fun.

I usually pull for JGR, but yesterday I really wanted Chase to win. Nice guy.

Tempers are still flaring (In F1, too). Wallace used to drive for Kyle in the Trucks. Wonder if there's some bad feelings from that? I know he gets frustrated. I hope he gets a win soon.

Ok you two, not sure if either of you have a roku device or so i think that is what you need? if so then you can watch this race live on pit row tv for free...

https://pitrow.tv/videos/4976

just thought i would pass the info along :thumb:

AZ Snake Fan
08-05-2019, 09:11 PM

FREE SHOW: 2nd Annual $10,000-to-win Motor Mountain Masters
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Scheduled Start Time:
7:00 PM Eastern

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9697/DGN99R.jpg

I don't think that we need Roku.
I went to https://pitrow.tv on my laptop.
I clicked on "Motor Mountain"
Then clicked on "Buy $0.00"
Then registered with email and password.
After I registered, I got the above graphic

And it said:
Live in: 4 days 18:49:20

THANK YOU PA !!!

( Yep Peanut, I was pulling for Chase.
He worked so hard for that win,
Amazing natural talent for the road course.
I was so happy for Bill !!! )

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/1600/IkYvFa.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/7028/Piu0z4.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/2889/nAZwZr.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/5239/RVzEB4.jpg

BroncosFanInPA
08-06-2019, 06:54 PM

FREE SHOW: 2nd Annual $10,000-to-win Motor Mountain Masters
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Scheduled Start Time:
7:00 PM Eastern

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9697/DGN99R.jpg

I don't think that we need Roku.
I went to https://pitrow.tv on my laptop.
I clicked on "Motor Mountain"
Then clicked on "Buy $0.00"
Then registered with email and password.
After I registered, I got the above graphic

And it said:
Live in: 4 days 18:49:20

THANK YOU PA !!!

that is great AZ, should be a great night of racing & i will give bit of a spoiler for who to watch...the local favorite is without doubt teddy gibala who drives the white # 3 (red number & trim) he has won 5 of the 10 weekly races thus far

i'm sure there will be some stiff competition from all the outside visitors.

to peanut...it probably is within driving distance for you, maybe 2 or 3 hours? perhaps you could plan for next year?

AZ Snake Fan
08-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Yo PA !!!
Thanks for the heads up on the #3 car !!!
For those who can't watch, I'll take notes:

I just logged in to https://pitrow.tv and the live coverage is 5x5 !!!
Pre-race coverage and driver interviews right now
Ray Christian #93CT got the pole check for late models.
Adam Kostelnik #00 got the pole check for modifieds.
Cars waiting on track.
Race Prayer right now.
Mary Jo Swank singing our National Anthem now.
High school girl, sings like an angel !!!

Several qualifying heats tonight for various divisions.
Charger heats underway:
Dan Jackson #11 holds off a challenge for the heat win.
Heat race #2: Scott Mitchell #20 dominates for the heat win.

Heat race #1 for the late models. Josh Brock #17 takes it
Heat race #2 underway: Todd Stone #1X take the win.
Heat race #3 underway. Matt Wallace #6 wins, (Gibala #3 second.)
Heat race #4 underway: Ben Rowe #4 wins in wild final heat race.
(Last Chance heat race coming up later to fill the final 6 spots in the MMM 150.)

Modified heat race #1: Adam Kostelnik #00 dominates.
Heat race #2: Pete Rech #9 easily wins the heat.

PA !!! Are you in the tail gate section ? :beer:

Last Chance, Go or Go Home Heats:
Late Model B-Main, top 6 go on to the 150:
Francis, #33F wins in a wild race for transfer to A-Main

Charger Division Feature Race, 35 laps:
Dale Kimberly # 22 is battling Scott Mitchell #20 for the lead.
Kimberly takes lead at lap 17.
Lap cars slowing Kimberly, Scott Mitchell makes up some ground.
Kimberly still leads by 3 car lengths as he crosses the checker.
Congrats Dale Kimberly #22 in a 35 lap green flag run !!!

Modified Feature Race, 50 laps:
Pete Rech #9 takes the lead on lap 1.
Abam Koselnik #00 takes the lead from Rech #9.
Dallape, #75 moving up fast.
Jason Busch #42, passes Pete Rech for the 2 position.
Dallape passes Rech for the 3 spot right before the stage caution.
Stage caution, 5 minute competiton caution out at lap 20.
P1 Koselnik# 00, P2 Busch #42, P3 Dallape #75, P4 Rech #9

Modified Feature Race back underway, green flag:
Abam Koselnik #00 takes the lead,
Pete Rech battling Busch and Dallape for the 2 spot.
Kostelnik, Busch, Dallape, Aiello passes Rech lap with 15 to go.
Busch fighting Dalape for 2 spot with 10 to go.
Dallape turns Busch in turn 3 bring out the caution at 9 to go.
Red flag, Rech is wrecked along with Dallape, Busch and many others.

Green flag, 9 to go: Caution came out, debris. Still 9 to go.
Dallape had passed Kostelnik but they will have to restart.
Green flag: Dallape passes Kostelnik. Caution out 6 to go.
Kostenik #00, motor blows up.
6 to go Green Flag: Dallape passes Aiello for the lead.
Caution out. #3, the Nuclear Banana, Dunfee into the wall.
Green Flag: Dallape out powers Aiello for the lead.
Congrats to RJ Dallape on taking the Modified Checker !!!

Now it's time for the Motor Moutain Masters 150 with the late models !!!
Watch it for free here: https://pitrow.tv

Thanks PA !!!

BroncosFanInPA
08-10-2019, 09:21 PM
^^^just got home my friend & my god what an amazing night of racing, the roar of 30 cars on our short track was thrilling! packed house on hand...but i am exhausted as me & my boy were at the track since 2:30 our time& it's now about 12:30.

long day but a fun day...will post more tomorrow hopefully i can put some pics up as well..bedtime now though ha ha!

BroncosFanInPA
08-11-2019, 06:12 PM
So a bit more on last night, first a general summary of some things...

they said 54 cars entered but only 38 showed up, not sure where the other 16 were? which is fine because it was always only a 30 car field for the race. i guess they did actually run a non-qualifer race which was after the big race but we headed out as it was already 11:30 at that point.

which brings me to another point, way too long because the main event didn't start until 10pm so they should consider less activities like perhaps only the late models & modifieds because nobody wants to be there til dam near midnight.

the local boys got their tails kicked which was a bit surprising, i expected a few of them to run better but none of them were any match for the outsiders...teddy gibala finished 6th out of the locals & i thought he would contend for the win but those guys were just too strong. at least 3 other locals that contend for wins every week ended up out of the race due to issues or just not running well in the case of the 75 barry awtey who won the race last year but just didn't have this time & after getting lapped before lap 75 he parked it which IMO was him being a poor sport...

he is after-all the tracks all time win leader & is used to running up front week in week out, so i think he just couldn't handle the fact he had nothing & was stuck around 17th -20th most of the time...not sure if a factor but the local boys didn't do much practicing & it may have cost them dearly as maybe they thought they had things in hand being it's their track but they have never raced in those conditions 30 cars..lot of rubber on the track, big mistake on their part, though i doubt it would have mattered.

because that 17 & 93 car were so fast stage one, then the 93 dominated stage two while the 17 faded...stage 3 was all about the 15 car the first half but then the 1 car pulling away late for the win.

the black & green # 6 car was matt wallace who is mike wallace's son & rusty wallace nephew, he was fast early but faded a bit late.

overall it was some great racing & a great time...can't wait for next year!

AZ Snake Fan
08-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Yo PA !!!
I think there were way over 50 something cars,
Counting the modifieds, chargers and late models, even more.

I loved seeing the Monte Carlos in the Charger division.
When I first heard about that division, I thought I was going
to see a whole bunch of old Mopars lol.

I also loved the modifieds, those look like so much fun to race.
I bet more mods will show up next year when the word gets out.

There were 4 heat races to get in to the Late Models 150.
Then they had a Win or Go Home race for the non qualifiers
to add the final 6 to the main race. A lot of cars didn't make the cut.
Had to be more than 38 because 24 had Ps, +6, imo more than 2 went home.

Lots of boys came up from the Carolinas and a bunch from New England.
The 150 was a clean and hard fought race all the way to the end with few cautions.
I had more fun watching that race than many NASCAR races of late,

The battle at the end between Mike Hopkins #15H and Todd Stone #1X was awesome !!!

I know this event is only going to grow at Jennerstown.
I guarantee next year will have even more entries in all divisions.
I also guarantee the purses will be larger.
Word is probably already getting out.

Maybe next year, they can hold the heat races on Saturday and go right to the feature
races on Sunday of the Chargers, Modifieds and cap it off with the Late Models 150 ?
Talk to the track owner PA !!! Camp out Saturday and tail gate all night

I want to go to Our Coal Miners Cafe in Jennerstown and feast out !!!

PA, thank you so much for the free live link to watch the Motor Mountain Masters.
I had a blast watching some down home racing, it was fantastic !!!

BroncosFanInPA
08-12-2019, 06:15 PM
so awesome you got to watch the race AZ...maybe i should have clarified about the car count.

they actually said they received 54 entries for the late models alone not for all divisions & there were actually a few regular weekly racers that didn't even come out along with about a dozen out of state drivers... 38 was the late model count 15 mods & 10 chargers...perhaps something came up that those other 16 late model guys couldn't make it, but hell it was still a helluva show!

you & peanut should try to come out for this event next year, you guys could stay at my house & i show you around town...really is a great time!

as far as growing...yeah last year the first year of the masters they were proclaiming 30 cars but only had 18 with a $6,000 to win...year two - jump to 38 cars & $10,000 to win. not sure if they add anymore$ to win but i agree it will get bigger on car counts

AZ Snake Fan
08-12-2019, 08:45 PM

so awesome you got to watch the race AZ.

you & peanut should try to come out for this event next year, you guys could stay at my house
& i show you around town...really is a great time!

That's a very kind suggestion PA but I think Peanut's hubby would be a wee bit upset :eek:

~~~

The way I have my OS set up with adblockers and anti-malware etc. it won't allow me to post
tweets with images but if you click on these links you will see some great father/son graphics:

Keelan Harvick steals the show:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160674469217804288

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160677143426281473

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160675450382929925

Kevin and Keelan did some long burnouts on their way to Victory Lane:
(Kevin put his helmet on Keelan first)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160683421393399808

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160684844982198272

Peanut
08-14-2019, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the reports about the races. I was unable to watch. Glad you had a great time, PA.

Thanks for the offer, PA. We'll have to see how next year goes.

That was a cool celebration with Keelan.

AZ Snake Fan
08-15-2019, 05:16 PM

Thanks for the reports about the races. I was unable to watch. Glad you had a great time, PA.

Thanks for the offer, PA. We'll have to see how next year goes.

That was a cool celebration with Keelan.

(Peanut, you know I was only joking I hope )

Prayers for Earnhardt Family:

Earnhardt Jr., family alive after plane crashes in Tennessee:

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/earnhardt-jr-family-alive-after-plane-crashes-in-tennessee

Peanut
08-16-2019, 12:02 AM

(Peanut, you know I was only joking I hope )

Prayers for Earnhardt Family:

Earnhardt Jr., family alive after plane crashes in Tennessee:

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/earnhardt-jr-family-alive-after-plane-crashes-in-tennessee

We're friends. Of course I knew you were joking.

I'm glad the Earnhardts and pilots are okay. That must have been scary.

BroncosFanInPA
08-17-2019, 07:59 PM
trying not to reveal too much for peanuts sake if you haven't caught the race yet but....DAMN!

my heart breaks for matty d & the 95 car/team...he was so dang close to a career first win & i was pulling for him so bad, my guts were in knots for him...helluva effort by him. :salute:

Peanut
08-17-2019, 10:00 PM
trying not to reveal too much for peanuts sake if you haven't caught the race yet but....DAMN!

my heart breaks for matty d & the 95 car/team...he was so dang close to a career first win & i was pulling for him so bad, my guts were in knots for him...helluva effort by him. :salute:

Thanks, PA. I appreciate it. Haven't seen the race, but know who won and that Matty came in second. He's really popular with the other drivers.

I've heard rumors that C. Bell is going to the 95 next year. I don't know where Matty will go if true. Maybe tonight will get someone's attention and he'll get a good ride.

AZ Snake Fan
08-18-2019, 03:24 PM

Yeah, that was a real heart breaker.
I was pulling for Matty also.
Great finish, Matt has had a lot of top tens recently.

I don't know if you guys caught the driver's intro
but DiBennedetto came out with the Rocky theme song
playing and had "Italian Stallion" on the back of his robe.
Little did I know at the time it would be a slug out at the end.

https://s3-prod.autoweek.com/styles/width_792/s3/MENCS_BMS2_DiBenedetto_Intros_081719.jpg

You're right Peanut, Matt is losing his ride but this article
suggests that DiBennedetto may get the Furniture Row seat:

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/08/16/matt-dibenedetto-losing-his-ride-at-leavine-family-racing/

~~~

Peanut
08-19-2019, 02:48 PM
I didn't see all the intros, but I saw Matt's. That was cool.

The 38 has been doing good. It would be nice if he could go to a competitive team.

Peanut
09-10-2019, 01:44 PM
I need to get away from football for a bit. Kind of sad since it's the first week.

Anyway, happy news. Matt to the #21. Menard picked his own replacement. I wasn't impressed with what he did in his last Xfinity race, but this sort of makes up for it.

I haven't watched the last Cup race, but I know what happened.

AZ Snake Fan
09-11-2019, 09:35 AM

I need to get away from football for a bit. Kind of sad since it's the first week. :goz:

Anyway, happy news. Matt to the #21. Menard picked his own replacement. I wasn't impressed with what he did in his last Xfinity race, but this sort of makes up for it.

I haven't watched the last Cup race, but I know what happened.

Good for Matty !!! :thumb:

First pit stop at Indy was interesting. :coffee:
A 2.5 mile short track race for 400 miles,
more paint trading than at Darlington :eek:

BroncosFanInPA
09-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Well it's that time of year again for playoffs, so let's do the predictions shall we...

First 4 out:

1.Newman - he simply doesn't run well enough early on to get satge points
2. Almirola - started the year off very strong but hasn't run well the past couple months, too inconsistent.
3. Byron - too inexperienced for the big stage of the playoff pressure
4. Larson - this may be a bit of a surprise because he can run up front & contend for wins but this team has way too many mistakes & bad finishes & it only takes 1 bad race to seal your fate if you don't go win

Final 4 for the championship:

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second

AZ Snake Fan
09-14-2019, 04:05 PM

Well it's that time of year again for playoffs, so let's do the predictions shall we...

First 4 out:

2. Almirola - started the year off very strong but hasn't run well the past couple months, too inconsistent.
4. Larson - this may be a bit of a surprise because he can run up front & contend for wins but this team has way too many mistakes & bad finishes & it only takes 1 bad race to seal your fate if you don't go win

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

Bold predictions PA, I have to give you credit for putting them out there up front !!! :thumb:

Vegas always get hyped into a Busch Bro Battle because they are from that area.
Kurt has a good car but we can never count Kyle out until it's over.
Bowyer got P1 but we'll see how that shakes out.

My concern, and has been since the playoff system was initiated, is that cars which
aren't even in the playoffs make "mistakes", sideswipe leaders, blow tires and hit the
wall; they frequently affect contenders even causing "big ones" knockin out good cars.
It happens all the time. Untimely cautions that benefit certain cars makes me wonder.

I know we'll never see the old Winston Cup point system again because NASCAR
makes money off of the playoff hype but it was the best way to run a season.

In the end, you are probably right again PA for the Homestead showdown !!!

"Let's go racin' boys" !!!...(DW)

Peanut
09-15-2019, 12:33 PM

First 4 out:

Did this quickly (that's my excuse). :D I will admit, some of it is wishful thinking.

First 4 out:

1. Newman
2. Bowyer
3. Almirola
4. Bowman

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Harvick
4. Larson

Bold predictions PA, I have to give you credit for putting them out there up front !!! :thumb:

Vegas always get hyped into a Busch Bro Battle because they are from that area.
Kurt has a good car but we can never count Kyle out until it's over.
Bowyer got P1 but we'll see how that shakes out.

My concern, and has been since the playoff system was initiated, is that cars which
aren't even in the playoffs make "mistakes", sideswipe leaders, blow tires and hit the
wall; they frequently affect contenders even causing "big ones" knockin out good cars.
It happens all the time. Untimely cautions that benefit certain cars makes me wonder.

I know we'll never see the old Winston Cup point system again because NASCAR
makes money off of the playoff hype but it was the best way to run a season.

In the end, you are probably right again PA for the Homestead showdown !!!

"Let's go racin' boys" !!!...(DW)

I have the same concerns. Some things happen, unintentionally. Some things I wonder about. In F1, they're really big on "team orders" (which drives me crazy). I just hope it doesn't go that far.

AZ Snake Fan
09-16-2019, 05:58 PM

Did this quickly (that's my excuse). :D I will admit, some of it is wishful thinking.

First 4 out:

1. Newman
2. Bowyer
3. Almirola
4. Bowman

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Harvick
4. Larson

I have the same concerns. Some things happen, unintentionally. Some things I wonder about. In F1, they're really big on "team orders" (which drives me crazy). I just hope it doesn't go that far.

I see what you did there Peanut, you took Larson over Logano. ;)

We all know how "team orders" go in NASCAR.
Maybe they try for a while at Daytona or Dega to
run fords with fords, toys with toys, chevys with chevys
but once a driver gets separated, he's on his own.
And then 20 laps to a stage finish or a checker,
team mates will trade paint to get those points.

I'm more concerned with the small teams that
are dependent on the big money teams. idk
Wasn't a radio call intercepted a few years ago ?
Oh well, today's NASCAR is focused on entertainment.

taz1458
09-19-2019, 07:49 AM
Speaking of Matty D, hes heading to the Wood Brothers. I'll admit, I have casually followed it since Smoke retired, but Matty D has had me back to looking all the time to see how he's doing. Im definetly going to be buying some Matty D merch for next year. Pretty damn excited for it honestly. Now, back to my regularly scheduled dirt racing :D:D:D

AZ Snake Fan
09-21-2019, 08:07 PM

Coach Gibbs + TRD = $$$$
Congrats Coach !!!

brianmcfarlane
09-21-2019, 08:13 PM
Alright Truex, has and still is my favorite ... big night for JGR!

Peanut
09-21-2019, 11:13 PM

I see what you did there Peanut, you took Larson over Logano. ;)

We all know how "team orders" go in NASCAR.
Maybe they try for a while at Daytona or Dega to
run fords with fords, toys with toys, chevys with chevys
but once a driver gets separated, he's on his own.
And then 20 laps to a stage finish or a checker,
team mates will trade paint to get those points.

I'm more concerned with the small teams that
are dependent on the big money teams. idk
Wasn't a radio call intercepted a few years ago ?
Oh well, today's NASCAR is focused on entertainment.

Larson is more of a wishful thinking kind of thing. :D

Speaking of Matty D, hes heading to the Wood Brothers. I'll admit, I have casually followed it since Smoke retired, but Matty D has had me back to looking all the time to see how he's doing. Im definetly going to be buying some Matty D merch for next year. Pretty damn excited for it honestly. Now, back to my regularly scheduled dirt racing :D:D:D

He's very popular with the other drivers. That impresses me.

Coach Gibbs + TRD = $$$$
Congrats Coach !!!

Alright Truex, has and still is my favorite ... big night for JGR!

It was good to see. TRD has a good driver development program. They haven't always been able to keep them, but they have gone to good teams.

IndyCar at Laguna Seca tomorrow for the final race. Not crazy about the double points (Indy 500, too). Pulling for Newgarden. Don't want Rossi.

AZ Snake Fan
09-29-2019, 09:49 PM

After he smacked head on into the wall,
I thought his day was over.
Boy was I wrong.
Congrats kid !!!

brianmcfarlane
09-30-2019, 07:24 AM
I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? :D Not just left turns!
Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver. :thumb:

Peanut
09-30-2019, 12:08 PM

After he smacked head on into the wall,
I thought his day was over.
Boy was I wrong.
Congrats kid !!!

That's better than a spin and win. :D

I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? :D Not just left turns!
Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver. :thumb:

I love road courses. I'm a little disappointed with F1 right now, but they go to some beautiful tracks.

AZ Snake Fan
10-15-2019, 09:12 AM

What a waste of cars :sad:

BroncosFanInPA
10-23-2019, 06:57 PM
So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!

Peanut
11-04-2019, 01:29 PM
So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!

It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.

Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

https://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/28004980/roger-penske-buys-indianapolis-motor-speedway-indycar-series

AZ Snake Fan
11-04-2019, 08:30 PM

It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.

Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

https://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/28004980/roger-penske-buys-indianapolis-motor-speedway-indycar-series

Wow, Penske has some big bucks !
Thanks Peanut, I hadn't heard yet.

BroncosFanInPA
11-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Harvick
4. Larson

well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there

Peanut
11-14-2019, 02:07 PM
well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there

Yes, we did good. I was really hoping Larson would do better. He's so talented, and unlike the other Kyle, he's a nice guy. :D -- Busch is a good guy, too. He still has his moments, though.

I know during the year, several people on TV have picked Hamlin to win the championship. I hope they're right. That's who I'm pulling for.

AZ Snake Fan
11-14-2019, 06:12 PM

If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
It would be Hamlin's first championship.
The other three have won before.
Denny sure has had a distinguished career
and he deserves a championship one day.

But.................

I'm pulling for Harvick.

JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

~~~

Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

Here's to a great race in Florida. :beer:

AZ Snake Fan
11-15-2019, 08:10 PM

:doh: Going to be crazy, no practice, no quals, 50 minute window Saturday for some laps:

Weather causes schedule changes;
Cup qualifying canceled, Saturday practice added

By Staff Report
NASCAR.com
November 15, 2019 at 3:45 PM

Persistent rain showers and brief bouts of lightning in the area jumbled Friday’s on-track schedule at
Homestead-Miami Speedway. Saturday was impacted, too.

Both Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practices, NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series
qualifying and NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice were canceled due to weather on the opening
day of championship weekend. NASCAR later announced that Saturday’s Monster Energy Series
qualifying was canceled in favor of adding one of the missed practices back to the schedule.

The starting lineup for Sunday’s Ford EcoBoost 400 will be set by the rule book, meaning owner points
— Denny Hamlin will start from the pole position, with Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch
lined up behind him in spots 2-4. All drivers are part of the Championship 4 field. All points for the four
title hopefuls were reset to 5,000 for this race, with the tiebreaker being best finish of the Round of 8
— and then second-best finish as necessary.

That practice is scheduled from 2:05-2:55 p.m. ET, sandwiched between NASCAR Xfinity Series
qualifying and the Ford EcoBoost 300 title race in that series.
More: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/11/15/monster-energy-series-practice-weather-on-hold/

Complete line up:
https://www.nascar.com/results/race_center/2019/monster-energy-nascar-cup-series/ford-ecoboost-400/stn/qualifying/
:goofy:

AZ Snake Fan
11-17-2019, 05:13 AM

Miami Monster Energy Series pit stall assignments

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/11/16/miami-monster-energy-series-pit-stall-assignments/

AZ Snake Fan
11-18-2019, 07:42 PM

I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........;)

Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

Peanut
11-19-2019, 02:28 PM

If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
It would be Hamlin's first championship.
The other three have won before.
Denny sure has had a distinguished career
and he deserves a championship one day.

But.................

I'm pulling for Harvick.

JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

~~~

Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

Here's to a great race in Florida. :beer:

I meant to reply to this earlier but got distracted.

Some are probably unhappy with the change, but it kind of makes sense for two reasons. Gives the western part of the US a chance to go to the final race. And maybe weather would be better? It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........;)

Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

Even though I wanted Hamlin, I'm not unhappy with Busch winning. He was my second choice of the four.

Not too happy with the Truck and Xfinity series. Told hubby, "anyone but Crafton" because I didn't really have a favorite. With xfinity, I was split between Bell and Allgaier.

Rookie of the Year for Cup should be good. Go Bell ! :D

Peanut
11-20-2019, 01:26 PM
Jimmie Johnson announced that 2020 is his last full season. Not surprised. Hope he wins at least one race. It would be nice for him.

BroncosFanInPA
11-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Jimmie Johnson announced that 2020 is his last full season. Not surprised. Hope he wins at least one race. It would be nice for him.

can't say i'm surprised by this either, the writing has been on the wall for the past 2 years...

just like so many others before him, it appears age has finally caught up to him.

father times gets em all at some point which makes me wonder how harvick hasn't hit that wall yet (no pun intended) he is 43 & will turn 44 next month, but yet he is still competing at a very high level with winning races & running for championships still.

Southstander
12-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Kyle Busch just won a WWE Title. Granted it is the 24/7 Championship but he still won it.

Southstander
12-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Rest In Peace Junior Johnson.

Peanut
12-21-2019, 12:54 AM
RIP Junior Johnson.

Peanut
01-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Some changes this year:

Martinsville Speedway will host its first official Cup night race on May 9. The short track also will host the final playoff elimination race for all three national series, with the Cup race held Nov. 1.

Love night races.

Pocono Raceway will be the site of the Cup Series’ first ever doubleheader weekend June 27-28. Saturday’s race will be preceded by a Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series event and Sunday begins with a Xfinity Series race.

IndyCar has done doubles for awhile. Not sure how they're going to fill the stands. Good deals on tickets?

The Xfinity Series will compete at Martinsville (Oct. 31) for the first time since 2004. The Truck Series returns to Richmond Raceway (April 18) for the first time since 2005.

Went to Richmond for the Trucks and IROC one year. Fun race.

BroncosFanInPA
01-06-2020, 05:30 PM
i'm with you peanut, i like the night races & as for the pocono double? not so sure about that, i suppose they are banking on the campers which there is a whole lot up there, but still would need to be a good deal as you said.

i too have been to richmond 3 times for cup races & it's a great place to go, in fact we saw kasey kahne win his first cup race & he beat tony (2nd) that night...wife was into it back then & of course that was her pick. then on the way out i had some clown behind us trying to rile me up about it ha ha!

now allow me to post some info about the schedule of my hometown track jennerstown speedway...this way you can study it over to see if you can make it up for one of the big events...

BroncosFanInPA
01-06-2020, 05:43 PM
https://www.jennerstown.org/

https://www.jennerstown.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2020-schedule.jpg

https://www.jennerstown.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Screen-Shot-2019-11-28-at-8.45.14-AM.png

https://www.jennerstown.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Screen-Shot-2019-11-28-at-8.45.01-AM.png