PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Freyaka
09-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I would not mind seeing Martin win the Cup.

Richard Petty Motorsports is merging with Yates moving to Fords for the 2010 season.

They guy's due I mean how many second place finishes does the poor dude have to endure before he finally wins one so he can ride off into the sunset ala john elway.

Southstander
09-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Busch was fined 25 points for having has car to low.

AZ Snake Fan
09-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Have fun at Dover !
Please post some pics MD !
I'll look for you on TV !!

:beer:

Southstander
09-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Looks like Danica "Flash in the Pan" Patrcik is staying with Indy Cars.

Peanut
09-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Have fun at Dover !
Please post some pics MD !
I'll look for you on TV !!

Thanks, AZ!

Got our rain gear packed along with the sunscreen. We're ready for anything. :smug:

Our local weatherman is a NASCAR fan. He said the track will be dry by race time. :D

Only negative about race day is that I have to get up early so we can beat the traffic going into the track. I am not a morning person.

Southstander
09-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks, AZ!

Got our rain gear packed along with the sunscreen. We're ready for anything. :smug:

Our local weatherman is a NASCAR fan. He said the track will be dry by race time. :D

Only negative about race day is that I have to get up early so we can beat the traffic going into the track. I am not a morning person.

As AZ said enjoy!! I hope for a clean safe race.

Peanut
09-28-2009, 10:37 PM
As AZ said enjoy!! I hope for a clean safe race.

Thanks to the safety features of these cars, it turned out to be a 'safe' race. Since hubby was watching Labonte, he saw the crash happening from the beginning. I saw it when Logano went up the track and started the roll. It was so...surreal....seeing it live. Such a relief seeing him get out of the car.

Had a great time (except for the drunk behind me. He couldn't even stand up). Might post pictures tomorrow.

Freyaka, hubby was listening to Labonte's radio. He was hearing: 'I don't know what to do to make the car better.' 'Should we take two tires or four. I'm not sure.' 'What do you think we should do?'---all from the CC. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

Peanut
10-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Dover pictures.

Sam Bass
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260022.jpg?t=1254463159

Before the race. We're in row 37.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260028-1.jpg?t=1254462901

Red flag. Backstretch.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260044.jpg?t=1254463053

People waiting for Logano outside the care center.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260047.jpg?t=1254463284

AZ Snake Fan
10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow !!!

Great pics MD.
Great seats too !

Glad that you guys had a good time.

Southstander
10-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Thank you Dr. Peanut!!!

Southstander
10-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Martin has the pole for Sunday!:salute!: GO MARK GO!

Peanut
10-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I was going to take a picture of Johnson's 'victory lap'. Wish I had since they didn't show it on TV. He did a half donut. Someone gave him the flag and he waited for the truck to push him around. Apparently, he ran out of fuel? Or, broke the car?

Before the race.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260026.jpg?t=1254547131

First pit stop. Before he hit the walls.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260037.jpg?t=1254547285

Red flag.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260042.jpg?t=1254547420

Fly over. :P I think it was a C-130? It's a great camera, but really needs a view finder.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/green-10/P9260033.jpg?t=1254547536

Southstander
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Stewart won today's race in Kansas.

Southstander
10-07-2009, 06:19 PM
The fences are being raised at Talladega and Daytona, as well as they are standardizing the start times.

Southstander
10-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Johnson wins and takes the Sprint Cup Points lead.

Southstander
10-14-2009, 06:50 PM
The first NASCAR HOF Class has been annouched:

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Junior Johnson
Bill France Sr.
Bill France Jr.

Had Petty not been made the cut I would have been VERY mad!!! To be honest I think it was wrong to have both Frances in the first class was a poor choice. Not discounting France Jr but he could have wait a year. To have the founders father and son inculded when the France family still rules with an iron fist sends a bad message.

~~~~
Mustang is comming to the Nationwide Series in 2010 on a limited bases.

http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2009/10/13/18/140-20091013_NEW_MUSTANG_05.embedded.prod_affiliate.15 6.JPG

Freyaka
10-17-2009, 08:36 PM
The first NASCAR HOF Class has been annouched:

Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
Junior Johnson
Bill France Sr.
Bill France Jr.

Had Petty not been made the cut I would have been VERY mad!!! To be honest I think it was wrong to have both Frances in the first class was a poor choice. Not discounting France Jr but he could have wait a year. To have the founders father and son inculded when the France family still rules with an iron fist sends a bad message.

~~~~
Mustang is comming to the Nationwide Series in 2010 on a limited bases.

http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2009/10/13/18/140-20091013_NEW_MUSTANG_05.embedded.prod_affiliate.15 6.JPG

I actually like that mustang, looks a lot better than I expected.

On another note...they just need to rename lowes to Johnson motorspeedway.....

while they are at it they can just hand him the cup now because it's basically already his...

Peanut
10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I actually like that mustang, looks a lot better than I expected.

On another note...they just need to rename lowes to Johnson motorspeedway.....

while they are at it they can just hand him the cup now because it's basically already his...

Five (?) races left. Anything can happen. But, yeah, he is on a roll.

Southstander
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Five (?) races left. Anything can happen. But, yeah, he is on a roll.

If he wins four Cups in a row, reguardless of what he does after this he will be in the Top five drivers of all time.

Southstander
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Kyle Busch and Joey Logano will be "Guest Hosting" next weeks WWE Monday Night Raw.

Peanut
10-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Well, truck race was fun tonight. Wish I knew why Skinner didn't go with Busch when he should have. I lost one of my racing boards, so that stinks.

Good news: Double file restarts AND, more importantly, back to old pit stops next year. Yay!

Peanut
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
The wrong Busch won yesterday.

Hush, people. I like Kyle. Put tape on his mouth and he's not a bad guy.

:P

Southstander
11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I was hoping Gordon or Martin could have taken more of an advantage of Johson's crash.

Peanut
11-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, congrats to Jimmie and Kyle!

Yes, I'm leaving Horny out on purpose. :P

See you all next season!!

TriCityBronco
12-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry I just saw this thread. I didn't realize the search option. I figured there had to be a thread. Only a few more months. Hey I am trying to get some more people for my NASCAR fantasy league. It opens up in January (14thish) so if you guys are interested I'd love to have ya.

TriCityBronco
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Less than a month to The Great American Race!!!

Southstander
01-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Less than a month to The Great American Race!!!

Finally are reason to look forward to Feb 14th.

Southstander
01-21-2010, 04:47 PM
They have mad changes to the Bump draft rules for Talladega.

Brancos
01-24-2010, 12:35 PM
I am not really a Nascar fan. The only racing I like is Le Mans and ALMS and even then I only care about the Porsche GT3-RSR and (kind of) the Porsche RS Spyder... I still don't really watch it ever but I want them to win. I might care about F1 next season since Lotus is in it but I probably won't watch it. I'm not a big fan of most racing though since it's usually a bunch of fake cars going around the track. That is why I like the GT3-RSR and GT2 racing. :D But I rarely watch it... Racing with real cars is different though. If they did that I would be a lot more interested (well at least in the results).

Thank you for the rep though Peanut. :)

Fargo
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I am not really a Nascar fan. The only racing I like is Le Mans and ALMS and even then I only care about the Porsche GT3-RSR and (kind of) the Porsche RS Spyder... I still don't really watch it ever but I want them to win. I might care about F1 next season since Lotus is in it but I probably won't watch it. I'm not a big fan of most racing though since it's usually a bunch of fake cars going around the track. That is why I like the GT3-RSR and GT2 racing. :D But I rarely watch it... Racing with real cars is different though. If they did that I would be a lot more interested (well at least in the results).

Maybe she could get you interested in the sport. She knows a ton about it. :D

Peanut
01-24-2010, 12:46 PM

Someone told me you liked NASCAR (he thought) (see, we talk about you :smug: Are your ears burning? <---what the heck does that mean? :confused: )

There was an F1 thread in here somewhere.

Hey, you earned the CP for the smiles you have given me. :D

Brancos
01-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe she could get you interested in the sport. She knows a ton about it. :D

Possibly but I am more of a car fan than a racing fan. I am more interested in the results of the race than what takes place during the race but sometimes it is nice to watch the race. :go: I might read this thread though.

Yeah I really don't know anything about Nascar or any other race like it. I only know a little about Le Mans and ALMS ouside of Porsche. The GT3 Cup is another race I might watch.

This is the racing I really like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAE2gY2Dfb0

Brancos
01-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Someone told me you liked NASCAR (he thought) (see, we talk about you :smug: Are your ears burning? <---what the heck does that mean? :confused: )

There was an F1 thread in here somewhere.

Hey, you earned the CP for the smiles you have given me. :D

Yeah I just need access to the lockeroom. :D

Thank you for the rep. I can't give any out for 24 hours. :(

Southstander
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Danica will race in the Nationwide Race this weekend.

~~~~~
The #3 is returning to the track. I beleive it is in the Truck Series. The driver is Childress grandson.

BroncoManiac_69
02-09-2010, 11:57 AM
It's hard to believe it's racing season again already.

We're trying to win tickets for the Vegas race. But wifey is going to San Antonio for a week and won't be here. So if I do win them, I'll need to find a date. :laugh:

Peanut
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Danica will race in the Nationwide Race this weekend.

~~~~~
The #3 is returning to the track. I beleive it is in the Truck Series. The driver is Childress grandson.

Ready for the Danica Show? Watched the ARCA race. That's all they talked about. She pulled her belts tight before a restart...and got praised for it. :rolleyes: She doesn't bother me, it's the announcers/media that does.

The #3 was in trucks last year. Annoyed me because it's Skinner's number from his championship year and when he returned to trucks, he wanted to run it but all the Earnhardt fans made such a fuss about it. The #3, in Trucks, was Skinner's not Earnhardt's.

We're trying to win tickets for the Vegas race. But wifey is going to San Antonio for a week and won't be here. So if I do win them, I'll need to find a date. :laugh:

I'm available that day. :D

Sparky The Sun Devil
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
i like tony stewart because he goes for the win. 2nd isnt good enough. if he has to take a big risk to try and get first, he will do it, even if it might cause a wreck.

Brancos
02-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I heard Nascars use tires.

Southstander
02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I'll go to the Vegas race with you Maniac!!
~~~~~~

In answer to your Question Dr. Peanut, not really. I do agree with you about all the hype that follows her. If it where any other driver with her record/history it would not be a story. Same with Little Dale. If he was Dale's son he would not have 3/4th of the fans he has.

~~~~~~

I am mixed on Stewart. While I do respect his desire to win, I beleive there is a limit to what you do to win. Wrecking someone to win is uncalled. I think it show a lack of respect for your fellow drivers. Also to me atleast, it means a driver does not have the skills to win cleanly.

andrewmlb
02-09-2010, 09:46 PM
My buddies went to the ARCA race and bud shoot-out last weekend. The all take radios with them and were listening in on Danica of course. They said during the entire race she was talking like an idiot. I guess Eury Jr. was her crew chief and he was asking her to relay the numbers on her gauges and she didn't even know what the gauges meant. They said that she was getting all excited during the race whenever anyone would come close to her.

They also said she easily had the best car out there but she really didn't work the draft well. We'll see how she fairs in the nationwide race.

on another note, I'm 99% sure I am going to the 500. My buddies uncle is the VP of marketing for NASCAR, he's the guy that hires all the bands and entertainment. He has hooked us up for the last couple years for each daytona race and also homestead last year. Good times :peace:

Peanut
02-10-2010, 12:50 AM
My buddies went to the ARCA race and bud shoot-out last weekend. The all take radios with them and were listening in on Danica of course. They said during the entire race she was talking like an idiot. I guess Eury Jr. was her crew chief and he was asking her to relay the numbers on her gauges and she didn't even know what the gauges meant. They said that she was getting all excited during the race whenever anyone would come close to her.

They also said she easily had the best car out there but she really didn't work the draft well. We'll see how she fairs in the nationwide race.

on another note, I'm 99% sure I am going to the 500. My buddies uncle is the VP of marketing for NASCAR, he's the guy that hires all the bands and entertainment. He has hooked us up for the last couple years for each daytona race and also homestead last year. Good times :peace:

Glad you found us. :D

I think Danica is going to have the best of everything...CC/crew/equipment....just like she does in the IRL. Be interesting to see what she does with it. The commentators just drive me crazy.

Have fun Sunday!

andrewmlb
02-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm going to the twin 125's tomorrow. We got some Coca-Cola suite passes and tower passes. Very good seats. Hopefully won't be too cold (50's). I'll post when I get home tomorrow night.

Southstander
02-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm going to the twin 125's tomorrow. We got some Coca-Cola suite passes and tower passes. Very good seats. Hopefully won't be too cold (50's). I'll post when I get home tomorrow night.

Enjoy! If you could get me Jimmy or Jeff Autograph that would rock.

andrewmlb
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Enjoy! If you could get me Jimmy or Jeff Autograph that would rock.

I could've last year. My physical therapist was hired by hendricks last year to be Jeff's personal trainer for the first 3 races. Kinda cool.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
02-10-2010, 07:43 PM

hey im alvailable if you need a date chaps.

i live in vegas and went last year. sadly my boy jeff gordon wrecked on the last lap. it was a hard wreck too.

andrewmlb
02-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I just got back from the twin 150's. Both races were very enjoyable. I was up in the sprint tower if anyone knows where that is.

The guys that I was with always write all the drivers numbers on paper, put them in a hat and pay $5 per driver picked. We always include the people around us and we sold all of our drivers with the winner taking all. In the first race I had A.J. Allimendinger and Kyle Busch. I thought Kyle looked good the whole time but unfortunately wasn't able to pull it off.

As far as the race was concerned J.J. won, but it was kind of a fluke. He wasn't in the top 8 the entire race until Knaus had his stay out on a caution with 5 left. Somehow he had the car to win.

In the second race I picked Marcos Ambrose and Aric Amirola, so there was pretty much no hope for me. I'm kinda a Kurt Busch fan and his car was awful strong. I know this isn't too much of a shock but Tony Stewart will be a very big factor sunday. In my opinion, after watching today, he is the favorite. Should be exciting. I will find out tomorrow if we will get the tickets. Fingers crossed! :salute:

Thors Hammer
02-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Anyone else tired of Danicamania yet?

Peanut
02-12-2010, 08:13 AM

ME!!!

My first love is open wheel racing (CART, before it got split). So I've been hearing about Patrick since she was in Indy Lights. Is she a good driver? Yes. Is she a good person? She seems to be. My annoyance is with the media/commentators. It's even invaded the Truck practices/quals.

Southstander
02-12-2010, 11:47 AM

:wave:

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

CoryWinget81
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Brad Keselowski blatantly put JR in the wall. I don't know how no one else "saw" it.

Oh, and Danica Patrick needs to stick to open wheel racing. She's even SAID its tougher racing and she might be over her head. I just don't want her to get overconfident and then take someones life. LIKE KESELOWSKI did today.

CoryWinget81
02-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Brad Keselowski blatantly put JR in the wall. I don't know how no one else "saw" it.

Oh, and Danica Patrick needs to stick to open wheel racing. She's even SAID its tougher racing and she might be over her head. I just don't want her to get overconfident and then take someones life. LIKE KESELOWSKI did today.

Could've done, I mean.

Peanut
02-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Brad is not one of my favorites. I don't think he's a favorite of too many drivers, either (he made enemies before he even went to Cup).

:hammer: Trucks should not bump draft. And, Peters should not have won.

Letsgobolts
02-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I like the Indy car racing a little more, but I went to the Daytona 500 last year with some fam and friends, and it was so much fun. I couldn't go to this one. Hopefully next year

Peanut
02-14-2010, 06:41 PM
I like the Indy car racing a little more, but I went to the Daytona 500 last year with some fam and friends, and it was so much fun. I couldn't go to this one. Hopefully next year

Open wheel is my first love, too (CART). Now that George is out, I think I can enjoy it more.

I love going to NASCAR races.

Thors Hammer
02-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Too bad the issues with the track are getting most of the headlines. I thought the racing today was pretty good.

Congrats to Jamie Mac. :salute:

I'm hoping that the way Dale Jr. was racing today is the way he races the rest of the year.

Brancos
02-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Are the tracks solid or liquid?

Sparky The Sun Devil
02-14-2010, 11:26 PM

well after today definatly not solid

Peanut
02-15-2010, 09:08 AM

well after today definatly not solid

That's funny. :laugh:

Daytona always makes me nervous.

Southstander
02-15-2010, 12:44 PM
It was a sad to the the D(anica)atoyna 500 have all the problems it had yesterday. I know I might be in the minority but after the second pothole they sould have called the race.

~~~~~~~~~
Brad K, darn near killed Edwards last year, as well as dozens of fans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Peanut, I am with you Indy Car is my first love. It broke my heart to see the split in 1996. I wrote an article about it in my school paper back then.

I was so mad about it I would tell anyone I saw in a IRL shirt what I thought about it. One day when I was working at the Denver Athletic Club, a few days after the first "Fake" Indy someguy in a IRL T-Shirt pull up the parking booth I was working in. So I ask him if he follows the "IRL" and he said "A little", and he asked my what I thought about it, and I gave him both barrells. How it was ruined the 500, was full of young punk drivers and old wash outs etc. He gave me a strange look and laughed and siad you better watch who you are talking to. At that moment I looked at his signed ticket and found out I was talking to Buzz Calkins!

http://www.theautochannel.com/callahan/98indy/buzz01.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone else find DW annoying? I hate how he openly cheers for "June Bug". He needs to learn that broadcasters have to be neutral.

Letsgobolts
02-15-2010, 09:50 PM
They're both good. Many people seem to favor Nascar more because its "more exciting". I don't watch Nascar nearly as much as I watch the IRL. My family use to own a Kart growing up, and I would go to the tracks to race. It was an awesome experience.

Peanut
02-22-2010, 12:52 PM
I've said it before. The thing that bothers me most with Danica Patrick is the media. She's doing the smart thing by taking advantage of it.

Prime example of the over-hype of the media: NW race. Logano leads most of the race. Last lap, coming to the line, he gets spun out. He's in the grass and they cut to Patrick crossing the finish line. 26th? 30-something? 3 laps down?

That irked me big time.

They say she's great for the sport. Brings a new crowd to NASCAR. The media is going to push people like me out.

BroncoManiac_69
02-22-2010, 01:03 PM
That storm we see in the weather thread could put a hurt on the Vegas race this weekend. :huh:

BroncoManiac_69
02-22-2010, 01:05 PM
I know I'm already tired of hearing about Patrick.

Southstander
02-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Part of my problem is with the way she markets herself. She is trading on the fact she is beautiful. If she was "average" looking she would not get half the press she does.

It is almost the same with Little Dale. He has won THREE races in the past five years. If he where named Dale Jones, and his daddy was not the the Intimidator he would not have a ride.

BroncoManiac_69
02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Saturday's race is already looking like it might be a rain out. :huh:

Southstander
02-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Saturday's race is already looking like it might be a rain out. :huh:

I hope Sunday's is not at risk.

CoryWinget81
02-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Part of my problem is with the way she markets herself. She is trading on the fact she is beautiful. If she was "average" looking she would not get half the press she does.

It is almost the same with Little Dale. He has won THREE races in the past five years. If he where named Dale Jones, and his daddy was not the the Intimidator he would not have a ride.

Amen. How is he famous other than his last name? He's a horrible driver and you are 100% right, if he were anyone else, he wouldn't have a ride in NASCAR....he'd be doing dirt track locals on Saturday nights.

BroncoManiac_69
02-24-2010, 11:07 AM
I hope Sunday's is not at risk.

I was just offered tickets to the race for $30. :eek:

I'm just not going to be able to make it down. :sad:

So far Sunday looks OK.

BroncoManiac_69
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Well that race was interesting. The caution light malfunctions were sorta embarrassing for Vegas me thinks.

I was so wanting Jeff to win it. He should have taken on 4 tires instead of 2 during that last pit. Proved to be the difference for Jimmie.

It was making me crazy flipping back and forth as the race wound down and the Nuggets were also ending at the same time.

Peanut
03-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Well that race was interesting. The caution light malfunctions were sorta embarrassing for Vegas me thinks.

I was so wanting Jeff to win it. He should have taken on 4 tires instead of 2 during that last pit. Proved to be the difference for Jimmie.

It was making me crazy flipping back and forth as the race wound down and the Nuggets were also ending at the same time.

I was flipping between the race and the hockey game. I had just switched it back to the race when Canada got the winning point.

Southstander
03-01-2010, 05:22 PM
I was flipping between the race and the hockey game. I had just switched it back to the race when Canada got the winning point.

I was doing the same thing. I agree Maniac I was sooo pulling for Jeff.

Peerless
03-01-2010, 08:47 PM
vroooom vrooooom!!! :dance:

Southstander
03-03-2010, 01:06 AM
I am sorry, but to me Mike Bliss' car this week was horrid. A pink race car with Kim Kardashian on the hood..... If where him I would have grenaded the engine on the first lap just to get out of being in it any longer then necessary.

Now had it been pink to support Breast Cancer that is another thing all together. I would have whole heartedly supported that.

Southstander
03-03-2010, 08:34 PM
So I am watching Inside NASCAR on Showtime and they where talking about how the pit crew memeber "poured" Coke~Cola on the pit boxes to give the cars and crewmen grips.

Peanut
03-06-2010, 11:48 AM
In today's Truck race, Tood Bodine will race The Night Train paint scheme and his brother Geoff has the BoDyne Bobsled truck. Geoff and his company designed and made the bobsled that won the gold in the Olympics.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Thors Hammer
03-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow, anyone else think that Carl Edwards might be sitting a race or two? What he did was totally uncalled for. He's lucky someone didn't get killed. It's one thing to get payback on a short track, but this is one of the fastest tracks in the circuit. What an idiot.

Freyaka
03-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow, anyone else think that Carl Edwards might be sitting a race or two? What he did was totally uncalled for. He's lucky someone didn't get killed. It's one thing to get payback on a short track, but this is one of the fastest tracks in the circuit. What an idiot.

He deserves to sit the season on that one honestly....I hate Kessolowski, guys a fricken puke but you don't try to wreck someone at those speeds...FOR ANY REASON. Somone could have been killed.

What makes this whole situation worse for carl is he flat out wouldn't deny that it was intentional, instead of saying no I didn't mean to ( no one would have believed him) he pretty much said he didn't mean for it to go down like that (meaning yep I did it intentionally)

And honestly Brad needs to get his ass out of nascar because if he keeps rubbing drivers the wrong way like he's done so often since he came into the sport someone will end up killing him.

*edit* the talk is he'll get a 5 race suspension (he can kiss the chase goodbye as well as his ride with rouch)

Southstander
03-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I have lost alot of respect for Carl. I think wrecking anyone for any reason, on any track on purpose is wrong.

Freyaka
03-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I have lost alot of respect for Carl. I think wrecking anyone for any reason, on any track on purpose is wrong.

I agree completely, I haven't had a lot of respect for him since the whole incident where he threated to punch his own teammate regardless of how little I think of Matt Kenseth and how much I think I'd like to punch him as well. I've suspected roid rage with cousin carl for awhile now but regardless he's got anger issues and he needs to grow up and get them in check because he could have cost someone their lives over his desire for revenge.

Southstander
03-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I agree completely, I haven't had a lot of respect for him since the whole incident where he threated to punch his own teammate regardless of how little I think of Matt Kenseth and how much I think I'd like to punch him as well. I've suspected roid rage with cousin carl for awhile now but regardless he's got anger issues and he needs to grow up and get them in check because he could have cost someone their lives over his desire for revenge.

He needs anger management. Much like "Smoke" had to go through.

Peanut
03-07-2010, 04:04 PM

He deserves to sit the season on that one honestly....I hate Kessolowski, guys a fricken puke but you don't try to wreck someone at those speeds...FOR ANY REASON. Somone could have been killed.

What makes this whole situation worse for carl is he flat out wouldn't deny that it was intentional, instead of saying no I didn't mean to ( no one would have believed him) he pretty much said he didn't mean for it to go down like that (meaning yep I did it intentionally)

And honestly Brad needs to get his ass out of nascar because if he keeps rubbing drivers the wrong way like he's done so often since he came into the sport someone will end up killing him.

*edit* the talk is he'll get a 5 race suspension (he can kiss the chase goodbye as well as his ride with rouch)

I was waiting for Brad to get spun out. Getting flipped was more the spoiler's fault.

Brad is getting what he's given out.

Now, saying all that, I do not approve of paybacks. It was wrong.

Edwards should expect a points and monetary fine, too?

Maybe Brad will get the message?

If you didn't notice, I don't like Brad. :D

Southstander
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I was waiting for Brad to get spun out. Getting flipped was more the spoiler's fault.

Same here. I gaurentee you if he even bump drats Carl in the future NASCAR will come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Freyaka
03-07-2010, 04:22 PM

I don't either, he's a arrogant piece of crap that needs to get the heck out of nascar.

Southstander
03-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't either, he's a arrogant piece of crap that needs to get the heck out of nascar.

I think his and alot of the other punk drivers problem is the try to be "Like Dale", but do not have has tallent, or know when and where to use it.

BroncoManiac_69
03-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I'll tell you what, when Brad's car went airborn towards the grand stands like that, I gasped and held my breath hoping that nobody got hurt. That was incredible.

Both those guys should be removed from NASCAR as they are putting themselves and others in danger.

Peanut
03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I just read some stuff on Jayski about the incident.

What's bugging me now is that Brad is playing the 'poor, poor me' victim. If it wasn't for the spoiler, the car would not have gone airborne. It wouldn't have been so dramatic and such a big deal. He would have just spun.

Brad has never wrecked anybody intentionally? Yeah, right.

Edwards should be penalized/suspended. Maybe this will be a lesson for all drivers. And, maybe they'll get rid of the spoiler. I like racing. Not an air show.

I also think NASCAR should invite Hamlin to the meetings. :D

Freyaka
03-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I just read some stuff on Jayski about the incident.

What's bugging me now is that Brad is playing the 'poor, poor me' victim. If it wasn't for the spoiler, the car would not have gone airborne. It wouldn't have been so dramatic and such a big deal. He would have just spun.

Brad has never wrecked anybody intentionally? Yeah, right.

Edwards should be penalized/suspended. Maybe this will be a lesson for all drivers. And, maybe they'll get rid of the spoiler. I like racing. Not an air show.

I also think NASCAR should invite Hamlin to the meetings. :D

They are as of martinsville, this race should be the last time we ever see it at a speedway.

Peanut
03-09-2010, 11:49 AM
UPDATE: Carl Edwards has been placed on three weeks' probation by NASCAR for intentionally wrecking Brad Keselowski's car during last weekend's race at Atlanta. NASCAR president Mike Helton said Tuesday there are two separate issues: the wreck itself, and the fact that Keselowski's car went airborne. He says NASCAR is reviewing why the car left the track, and adds that NASCAR will meet with both drivers and their car owners to "clean the slate."(Associated Press) (3-9-2010)

I guess they're taking into consideration that it might have been 'equipment failure' for making it go airborne.

Still, I'm kind of surprised. Would this be the result if someone like Robby Gordon did it instead of Edwards (Roush)?

Thors Hammer
03-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess they're taking into consideration that it might have been 'equipment failure' for making it go airborne.

Still, I'm kind of surprised. Would this be the result if someone like Robby Gordon did it instead of Edwards (Roush)?

I'm suprised as well. If I remember correctly, Kevin Harvick got parked for a race for rough driving during a truck race, but got suspended for a cup race. Me thinks the lack of suspension might have something to do with sponsor money for Edwards car, plus the fact that people will tune into the next race to see if there's any short track retribution.

BroncoManiac_69
03-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I was wondering if anything has been said or done regarding Carl going the wrong way down pit row when they sent him to the garage?

That seemed like an in your face type of move on his part and didn't think NASCAR would take too kindly to that.

Peanut
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm suprised as well. If I remember correctly, Kevin Harvick got parked for a race for rough driving during a truck race, but got suspended for a cup race. Me thinks the lack of suspension might have something to do with sponsor money for Edwards car, plus the fact that people will tune into the next race to see if there's any short track retribution.

Yes, Harvick was suspended for a race. He is one of the few people who are not happy with this situation.

On ESPN, they said that other drivers would be high-fiving Edwards if it wasn't for the flip.

I was wondering if anything has been said or done regarding Carl going the wrong way down pit row when they sent him to the garage?

That seemed like an in your face type of move on his part and didn't think NASCAR would take too kindly to that.

I have not heard about any punishment. I'm sure they said 'Carl, don't do that again'. :D

To correct my posts above...they need to get rid of the wing and use the spoiler. It's been a long few days.

Southstander
03-15-2010, 07:34 PM
It seemed wiered not having a race on Sunday, but the break could be a good think it will give things a chance to calm down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr. Peanut, they said the same thing on inside NASCAR. Alot of drivers loved what he did, other then the flip.

BroncoManiac_69
03-16-2010, 01:24 AM
It seemed wiered not having a race on Sunday, but the break could be a good think it will give things a chance to calm down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr. Peanut, they said the same thing on inside NASCAR. Alot of drivers loved what he did, other then the flip.

Doing that "payback" was not cool. I dont care what the other drivers say. Somebody in the stands could have been hurt or worse along with the fact that Brad could have been killed.

I don't like this type of racing. Keep the wheels on the ground fella's.

Southstander
03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Doing that "payback" was not cool. I dont care what the other drivers say. Somebody in the stands could have been hurt or worse along with the fact that Brad could have been killed.

I don't like this type of racing. Keep the wheels on the ground fella's.

I COMPLETELY agree. I think that type of racing is dirty and has no place in NASCAR. I did not like Dale for that reason. Personaly I feel that if you have to wreck someone to win you have NO place on the track. I prefer clean passing.

Southstander
03-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I am watching "The Ride of Their Lives", it makes me miss the days when NASCAR, used STOCK CARS!!

Southstander
03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Jimmie gets yet another win, giving him 50 all time.:salute!:

BroncoManiac_69
03-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Jimmie gets yet another win, giving him 50 all time.:salute!:

Pretty good driving there after that last caution. He dominated the end of that race. Good for him. I'm not much of a small track guy, but yesterday was a pretty clean race.

The move on to the paperclip next week and then we get back to the big tracks! Can't wait for Phoenix and Texas!

Southstander
03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Now that NASCAR is ditching the Spoiler, I wonder if more the the COT will be tweaked. Personaly I would love to see them have car look like their "street" verions.

Southstander
03-27-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/hairy-nascar-fan.jpg

Southstander
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Denny Hamlin wins the rain postponed Springrace at Martinsville.

Southstander
03-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Darlington will now be called the "Showtime Southern 500".

Southstander
04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
The first night race of the season has already come and gone. Congrats to Ryan Newman. Hard to belive that is the first time in NASCAR history that the #39 has won a race.

BroncoManiac_69
04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
The first night race of the season has already come and gone. Congrats to Ryan Newman. Hard to belive that is the first time in NASCAR history that the #39 has won a race.

Ryan won? Wow.

I saw the race up until about 100 laps to go before we had to leave. I was wondering how it ended.

Thanks for the post. :salute:

thatkidhunt
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM

Followed by the Hendrix boys......

Southstander
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Followed by the Hendrix boys......

For the second race Gordon could not seal the deal on a restart.

Southstander
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Kahne is leaving Richard Petty Motorsports at the end of the season and is headed to Hendrick Motorsports. With four driver already under contract there is no word on how he will fit in. I think it is safe to say Jeff's and Jimmie's rides are safe. I do not think Little E will be the one to leave but I would not be suprised. But at the end of the day it most likely will be Martin as the odd man out.

BroncoManiac_69
04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I wonder what's going on in Texas today. :confused:

Can't believe they are doing both races today after the weekend's wash out.

Thors Hammer
04-19-2010, 12:15 PM
I wonder what's going on in Texas today. :confused:

Can't believe they are doing both races today after the weekend's wash out.

Right now with 38 to go, Jeff Gordon is in the lead. He's looked pretty solid all day

BroncoManiac_69
04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the update! :salute:

Thors Hammer
04-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Caution with around 20 to go. Jeff Burton in the lead, Jeff Gordon in 8th, first car with 4 fresh tires.

BroncoManiac_69
04-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Where's Jimmie sitting?

Thors Hammer
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Where's Jimmie sitting?

Big crash after the restart just took out alot of the contenders. I think Jimmie got through, but Gordon, Stewart, and Edwards got collected in the mess.

Thors Hammer
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Involved in the wreck:

Jeff Gordon
Tony Stewart
Jamie McMurray
Carl Edwards
J.P. Montoya
Paul Menard
Ryan Newman
Clint Bowyer
A.J. Almendinger
Joey Lagano

Currently red flagged.

1. Jeff Burton
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Dale Jr.
4. Kyle Busch
5. Greg Biffle
6. Jimmie Johnson

BroncoManiac_69
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Good Grief! :eek:

That's quite the list! Sounds like a total mess. :goofy:

Thors Hammer
04-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Denny Hamlin holds off Jimmie Johnson to win. Kyle Busch 3rd, Kurt Busch 4th, Kasey Kahne 5th.

BroncoManiac_69
04-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Denny Hamlin holds off Jimmie Johnson to win. Kyle Busch 3rd, Kurt Busch 4th, Kasey Kahne 5th.

Well all righty then. Good for Denny. My Fed Ex drivers will be so happy. :laugh:

Did they have both races already? :confused:

Southstander
04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Man Gordon cannot seam to get a good break.

Peanut
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Involved in the wreck:

Jeff Gordon
Tony Stewart
Jamie McMurray
Carl Edwards
J.P. Montoya
Paul Menard
Ryan Newman
Clint Bowyer
A.J. Almendinger
Joey Lagano

Currently red flagged.

1. Jeff Burton
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Dale Jr.
4. Kyle Busch
5. Greg Biffle
6. Jimmie Johnson

That took 3 of my guys out. :sad:

Well all righty then. Good for Denny. My Fed Ex drivers will be so happy. :laugh:

Did they have both races already? :confused:

Yeah, they're both over now. :P

Kyle won NW.

Southstander
04-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I had a bad feeling about this race. It was to squeaky clean for to long.

TebowGal15
04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Another loss for my boy Dale Jr.

Loved the finish though.

Also happy that Jeff Gordon is finally calling out JJ on all the stuff happening between them.

Southstander
04-25-2010, 04:43 PM

Loved the finish though.

Also happy that Jeff Gordon is finally calling out JJ on all the stuff happening between them.

I wonder what started Jimmie and Gordon's bad blood. I like both drivers but I wonder if Jeff is up set Jimmie won four cups, before Jeff could get his fifth.

Peanut
04-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Loved the finish though.

Good to see another female race/football fan. Not too many of us around.

I wonder what started Jimmie and Gordon's bad blood. I like both drivers but I wonder if Jeff is up set Jimmie won four cups, before Jeff could get his fifth.

I'm sure Gordon would rather have won them himself, but I think it's more because of the way Johnson has been racing him lately. Forget being a teammate (which it seems that JJ has done), he's not racing respectfully.

Southstander
04-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Good to see another female race/football fan. Not too many of us around.

I'm sure Gordon would rather have won them himself, but I think it's more because of the way Johnson has been racing him lately. Forget being a teammate (which it seems that JJ has done), he's not racing respectfully.

I would hate to have his 4 in a row go to his head, but maybe that is what happened. I wonder if with Kahne comming in if this could mean one of the big names leaves Hendricks.

BroncoManiac_69
04-26-2010, 09:17 AM

I was going to say this. It's almost as if Jimmie has a chip on his shoulder for some reason. *shrugs*

What an amazing ending.

Southstander
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Little Dale will race a #3 Wranglers car in the July 2nd (My b-day) Nationwide race at Daytona.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/29/nns-earnhardt-drive-wrangler/

ESPN said the #3 has only been used 7 times since the death of Dale Sr.

Southstander
04-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Brad Keselowski has won tonights NNS race at Richmond.

Southstander
05-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Kyle Busch win the race at Richmond.

Peanut
05-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Kyle Busch win the race at Richmond.

Yay! :D

*sigh*

Rain delay in the Truck series.

Hope Horny doesn't win.

Southstander
05-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Yay! :D

*sigh*

Rain delay in the Truck series.

Hope Horny doesn't win.

Being a Gordon fan, I wished he could have hung on and got the win. He has been so close recently.

Southstander
05-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Hamlin wins the Nationwide Series Race, with Kyle Busch comming in second and Jamie McMurray in third.

Freyaka
05-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Anyone else enjoying the string of bad luck Johnson's having? I mean don't get me wrong I'd rather see him blow engines than slam the wall that hard but anything is better than watching him win another championship!!

Southstander
05-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone else enjoying the string of bad luck Johnson's having? I mean don't get me wrong I'd rather see him blow engines than slam the wall that hard but anything is better than watching him win another championship!!

Not me. Then again I am a fan of his, but even if I where not I would not cheer against him simply because he his been dominate recently.

Freyaka
05-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Not me. Then again I am a fan of his, but even if I where not I would not cheer against him simply because he his been dominate recently.

Even if he wasn't dominate I'd still root against him....I personally can't stand the guy at all.

I mean don't get me wrong I'm not a big fan of watching any driver have a hard hit but I don't mind watching him out of the race. He's the Oakland Raiders of my nascar with busch and hamlin my san diego and kc.

But seeing as he is your driver, sorry for your sake to see him out. I know anytime bobby has a crappy finish or wreck (which is always lately) it bums me out a bit.

Southstander
05-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Even if he wasn't dominate I'd still root against him....I personally can't stand the guy at all.

I mean don't get me wrong I'm not a big fan of watching any driver have a hard hit but I don't mind watching him out of the race. He's the Oakland Raiders of my nascar with busch and hamlin my san diego and kc.

But seeing as he is your driver, sorry for your sake to see him out. I know anytime bobby has a crappy finish or wreck (which is always lately) it bums me out a bit.

Thanks. I have three drivers I pull for, Gordon, Johnson and Edwards. I too am not a big fan of the Busch boys. The only driver I did not want to win another Championship was Dale. The reason being my alltime fav is Petty and I didn't want him to have more then The King. Also because I though he was a dirty driver.

CoryWinget81
05-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks. I have three drivers I pull for, Gordon, Johnson and Edwards. I too am not a big fan of the Busch boys. The only driver I did not want to win another Championship was Dale. The reason being my alltime fav is Petty and I didn't want him to have more then The King. Also because I though he was a dirty driver.

Earnhardt? Dirty? Nawwwww! ;)

Smoke has always been my favorite. He's consistently good. It's all you can really ask for I guess.

Southstander
05-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Earnhardt? Dirty? Nawwwww! ;)

Smoke has always been my favorite. He's consistently good. It's all you can really ask for I guess.

I am glad he has "grown up", if that makes since.

Southstander
05-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Hamlin wins.

I wonder how it would have ended if Gordon could have pitted when he wanted to rather then having to make another lap.

andrewmlb
05-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Good race. I was hoping Burton would do it, but he likes to run over his air hose for some reason

Southstander
05-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Is it me or is Jeff Gordon snake bit. He seems so close to finally getting a win.

Peanut
05-09-2010, 04:34 PM

I'm glad that it should knock his ego done a little.

But, he's on my fantasy team. :sad:

I like Kyle Busch. He's an amazing driver. He's gotten better, personality-wise.

You all want to see some great racing, watch the Truck Series. We're going to Dover and Pocono to see them.

Southstander
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Brian Vickers will be out of action for awhile. He has bloodclots in his legs and around his lungs.

Southstander
05-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Busch Won the Nationwide Series Race.

Southstander
05-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Congrats to Kyle for winning on Sunday.

Freyaka
06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
SOOOOOO......I'm thinking it might be more than just "bad luck" for jimmie, anyone else notice he hasn't really managed to finish many races lately and those he has finished haven't been that great (last win was bristol the week BEFORE they switched to the spoiler instead of the wing) I'm thinking he can't drive the wing the same or something. Same thing happened to gordon back in the day when they changed body styles, before the change won the championship after the change failed to make the chase.

Freyaka
06-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Haha, Joey Lagano is my new hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI7ZWG8jC5M

His comments at 3:51 are flat out awesome

"I don't know what his deal is with me but it's probably not his fault, his wife wears the driver suit in the family and tells him what to do so it's probably not his fault"

Peanut
06-13-2010, 10:25 AM

"I don't know what his deal is with me but it's probably not his fault, his wife wears the driver suit in the family and tells him what to do so it's probably not his fault"

I've been a Logano fan since he came to NASCAR. He's a quiet, very polite person. Usually. :D

I like what Delana's response was, though. Printed up shirts with the quote, proceeds going to Harvick Foundation.

I'm unhappy with NASCAR, again. For a couple of reasons. The incident with Hornaday and the restart where he was suppose to start at the tail end of the longest line. He only dropped back a few cars, but 'it was far enough' for them. ???

The other is the penalities handed out to the #38 team. Blatant rules violation. I mean, blatant. Rumors were that they would get the most severe penalties ever. Nope. Carl Long still holds that. Which pretty much put him out of business.

Peanut
06-13-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm happy. Baltimore is to host an IRL race next year. Street racing. :D

I remember some on here wanted a track in CO. Looks like you'll be getting one. NASCAR has not made a commitment to it, though.

Colorado Sports Complex to include racetrack: On 1100 acres in rural Adams County, in what is technically still Aurora, developer Bill Schuck plans to build the largest sports project in Colorado history. Shuck says he envisions an oval, a road course, a drag racing facility, indoor and outdoor karting facilities and a concert pavilion as part of the Colorado Motorplex. "We are confident that we will be seeing racing in the Front Range of Colorado in the very near future," said Schuck in an interview in his Colorado Springs office surrounded by previously unseen graphic images of the Motorplex. "This is going to happen. The question is not if, but when and our plan is to have a track in place for the public to attend in 2013." Earlier efforts to bring NASCAR or Indy racing to Colorado have been vexed by challenges to finding a suitable location for a track. A site in Commerce City was rejected in part because it was too close to residences and earlier efforts in Aurora were turned down for fear the taxpayers would have to support it. At Schuck's Transport development, bordered by Front Range Airport and I-70, there are no nearby homes, easy access into and out of the development, the property is already zoned for a track and no tax dollars needed to build the project. Schuck says the oval alone will cost "several hundred million" dollars to construct. "This economy is very, very difficult," he said. "Fortunately, we're working on a concept that's very unique. This is not just another real estate deal. We have spoken with (NASCAR team) owners. We have spoken with drivers. We have spoken with numerous investors, all of whom have expressed an interest in becoming part of this facility. Colorado needs a motor sports facility." Schuck says he has not received any guarantee from major league racing that they will come if he builds the oval and yet, he says the reaction he's received in the process of putting the plans together has been overwhelmingly positive. He cites previous efforts by the sport to gain access to the two million people who live in the metro area. He expects to break ground next year, creating numerous jobs and what he calls an economic boom for Aurora and the state of Colorado in the process.(9 News)(5-27-2010)

Southstander
06-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Jimmie Johnson is back to win winning ways.:salute!:

Southstander
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Back to Back wins for #48.

Southstander
06-30-2010, 11:36 AM

Guess I am old school, but I think Lagano was out of line with this comment.

Southstander
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
I can't wait till the Brickyard.

Southstander
07-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Congratulations to Ganassi and Jamie.

Southstander
07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
A plane carrying Jack Roush has crashed. Roush has suffer multipul cuts and bruses.

Peanut
07-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I am in a hotel in Drums, PA. I like that name. :D

Internet connection is soo slow.

Going to the truck race in Pocono tomorrow. Weird qualifying rules for for this one. Like Champ road course rules. Should be fun to watch. They're televising it on SPEED.

Southstander
07-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Enjoy!! If you go on Sunday can you try to get me either Jeff Gordon, Jimmie or Rewards autographs

TriCityBronco
07-31-2010, 11:07 AM
A plane carrying Jack Roush has crashed. Roush has suffer multipul cuts and bruses.

I'm glad he's OK. Usually when the word "plane" and "crash" are used in the same sentence it's not good.

Southstander
07-31-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm glad he's OK. Usually when the word "plane" and "crash" are used in the same sentence it's not good.

Same here! What is amazing is this is the second time he survived a plane crash.

Southstander
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Kyle wins the Nationwide Race.

Peanut
08-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Enjoy!! If you go on Sunday can you try to get me either Jeff Gordon, Jimmie or Rewards autographs

Had a good time, thanks.

Great crowd there. This might be an annual race for us.

Sorry, South. Not at the Cup race. I wish I could get those autographs for you.

Southstander
08-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Had a good time, thanks.

Great crowd there. This might be an annual race for us.

Sorry, South. Not at the Cup race. I wish I could get those autographs for you.

Glad to hear you had a great time and it is ok about the sits.

Southstander
08-01-2010, 12:43 PM
At the half way mark Johnson leads.

Southstander
08-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Dear Lord in Heaven PLEASE be with Elliot Sadler. Keep.him safe.

AMEN

Peanut
08-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Dear Lord in Heaven PLEASE be with Elliot Sadler. Keep.him safe.

AMEN

Really.

That is one of the hardest hits I've seen.

He's on now and is okay.

Southstander
08-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Really.

That is one of the hardest hits I've seen.

He's on now and is okay.

Same here. To be honest it has shaken me up. I can't imagine how he and his family feels.

JakeNbake
08-01-2010, 02:53 PM
First time I try to watch a race in a year and it's on a rain delay. OHHH how I loathe you Nascar.

Southstander
08-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Congrats to "Johnny Paul" on the win.

Peanut
08-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Congrats to Kyle Busch!!!

Trifecta!!

Southstander
08-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I am not a fan of Kyle but I do respect what he just did.

Peanut
08-21-2010, 09:42 PM
I am not a fan of Kyle but I do respect what he just did.

Anyone who is a fan of NASCAR would respect what he did tonight.

Love him or hate him, he's done something that no one else has ever done.

Southstander
08-21-2010, 09:47 PM

Love him or hate him, he's done something that no one else has ever done.

And I bet he will do it again.

Peanut
08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
And I bet he will do it again.

Think so?

Observing Kyle, it wouldn't surprise me.

He does seem to like a challenge.

And, the man can drive.

I think I've said that before. :D

Southstander
08-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I will say this I would take Kyle over Brad anyday of the week.

Foez
08-21-2010, 10:23 PM
This is the NASCAR thread so I thought I would give my 2 cents. I used to love it until they made all the rule changes when Kenny Irwin Jr. and Adam Petty died. I was at the only Winston/Nextel cup race Adam Petty drove in...it was at Texas Motor Speedway and I was sitting in the third turn wooden grand stands. When I saw restricor plates at New Hampshire and how slow it was I started loosing respect. I haven't watched a race in a long while so how is it now...still careful and mainstream or is it like it used to be?

Peanut
08-21-2010, 10:43 PM
This is the NASCAR thread so I thought I would give my 2 cents. I used to love it until they made all the rule changes when Kenny Irwin Jr. and Adam Petty died. I was at the only Winston/Nextel cup race Adam Petty drove in...it was at Texas Motor Speedway and I was sitting in the third turn wooden grand stands. When I saw restricor plates at New Hampshire and how slow it was I started loosing respect. I haven't watched a race in a long while so how is it now...still careful and mainstream or is it like it used to be?

Only restrictor plates are at Daytona and 'Dega.

At the beginning of the year, they told the drivers 'police yourselves'. A little more 'racing' going on.

Is it like it was years ago? I don't think so.

Check out the Truck series if you want to watch some good racing. :D

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-07-2010, 06:27 PM

Love him or hate him, he's done something that no one else has ever done.Good post :thumb:

Foez
09-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Only restrictor plates are at Daytona and 'Dega.

At the beginning of the year, they told the drivers 'police yourselves'. A little more 'racing' going on.

Is it like it was years ago? I don't think so.

Check out the Truck series if you want to watch some good racing. :D

I just might do that I used to love watching the truck series.

BroncoManiac_69
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
OK racing fans. Check THIS out.

Ken Block just blew me away watching this. Time for a tire change? :laugh:

Holy Crap... THIS Is Driving! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8)

Southstander
10-13-2010, 01:27 PM
2011 Hall of Fame.

David Pearson
Bobby Allison
Lee Petty
Ned Jarrett
Bud Moore

Southstander
10-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Hamlin cut Johnson's points lead to a mere six points.

Peanut
10-30-2010, 10:07 PM
RIP Mr. Hunter. :salute:

Jim Hunter: NASCAR Vice President of Corporate Communications Jim Hunter, whose career in motorsports spanned portions of six decades as both a journalist and public relations professional, died last night in Daytona Beach, Fla. following a 12-month battle with cancer. He was 71. "Jim Hunter was one of NASCAR's giants," said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France. "For more than 40 years Jim was part of NASCAR and its history. He loved the sport, but loved the people even more. It seems as if everyone in the sport called him a friend. Jim will forever be missed by the NASCAR community. Our sympathies go out to his entire family." Added NASCAR President Mike Helton: "Jim was a uniquely talented man that cannot be replaced. He was a great friend and mentor to so many in the sport. His influence will remain with and be carried on by so many of the people he touched. This is a sad day for Jim's family and his extended, NASCAR family." As a young man growing up in his native South Carolina, Hunter was a football and baseball player at the University of South Carolina. Those years preceded a future of being immersed in the sports world, primarily motorsports. Hunter learned motorsports from "both sides" by working as a newspaper reporter/editor and a public relations representative. As a member of the media, Hunter was sports editor of the Columbia Record newspaper; he had an award-winning stint at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution; he was a columnist for Stock Car Racing magazine; and he authored a number of books, including a widely-read biography on NASCAR great David Pearson, entitled "21 Forever". On the public relations side, Hunter broke into that business in the 1960s, with Dodge's motorsports operation. He handled public relations for a number of top IndyCar drivers before going on to become the public relations director at his beloved Darlington Raceway and Talladega Superspeedway. In 1983, Hunter was named to his first executive position in his first NASCAR stint, becoming NASCAR's vice president of administration. In 1993 he was named president of Darlington Raceway and corporate vice president of the International Speedway Corporation. He remained at Darlington until 2001 when he accepted an offer from then-NASCAR Chairman and CEO Bill France Jr. to return to Daytona Beach to lead an expanded public relations effort aimed at responding to the needs of burgeoning media coverage. Hunter won numerous awards during his career, including: the Hugh Deery Memorial Award in 1988; South Carolina Ambassador for Economic Development in 1994; South Carolina Tourism Ambassador of the Year in 1997; the National Motorsports Press Association's Joe Littlejohn Award in 2005; and the Buddy Shuman Award in 2006. Hunter is survived by his wife of 48 years, Ann Hunter; his children, Scott Hunter and Amy McKernan and his grandchildren Dakota Hunter, and Hunter and Luke McKernan. In lieu of flowers the family asked that donations be made to The NASCAR Foundation or Hospice of Volusia/Flagler County. Funeral arrangements will be announced later.(NASCAR)(10-30-2010)

Southstander
11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Sunday's race could be one of the most exciting in years.

Southstander
11-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Congrats to Jimmie Five in a Row.

SyxxSynse
01-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Thought I would bump this. Daytona is right around the corner!!!

Southstander
01-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Thought I would bump this. Daytona is right around the corner!!!

Great thinking!

SyxxSynse
01-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Great thinking!

Thank you! :)

SyxxSynse
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
NASCAR announced the requirements for entering this years Budweiser Shootout:

The 12 drivers who qualified for the 2010 Chase
Past Cup champions
Past Budweiser Shootout champions
Past Daytona points race winners
Cup rookie of the year drivers from 2001-2010

Under these rules, David Reutimann (who won a race last year) is not eligible. Kevin Conway (who was always lapped within 10 laps of every race last year) is eligible. Crazy.

Southstander
01-09-2011, 05:20 PM
That is odd.

SyxxSynse
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Chase Changes Fuel Pressure– NASCAR is scheduled to reveal its seasonal competition changes next week in a press conference at Daytona International Speedway.

Among the new items will be the requirement that drivers in the sanctioning body’s three major national series specify before the start of the season which of the three championships they choose to pursue. The main push here is to eliminate Sprint Cup regulars from eligibility to win the Nationwide Series championship.

The more anxiously awaited news, however, deals with the Chase for the Sprint Cup and NASCAR’s apparent plans to install major changes in its format. Among the speculation: Expanding the field to 15, having “knockout rounds” to eliminate drivers as the Chase progresses and possibly including a formula that will require drivers to have a race win to be a Chaser.

NASCAR has confirmed none of those possibilities, but it is clear that, whatever the changes, the new Chase will add more pressure on the participants. One of NASCAR’s goals is to create more – in chairman Brian France’s words – “game seven moments,” and that has fueled speculation that there will be more “do or die” scenarios in the Chase.

The general view among insiders is that putting teams’ feet to the fire with elimination rounds in the Chase probably will put more pressure on crew chiefs than on drivers.

The crew chief has become the “answer man” in modern NASCAR, with the pressures of late-race decisions adding more and more each year to the worksheet for the big guy on the pit wagon.

Spot decisions on tires changes (Two? Four? None?), fuel mileage (Can we make it?) and other pit strategy easily could decide a team’s future – or lack of it – as the Chase unfolds. It seems safe to say that calculators will be working overtime during the weeks leading up to the Chase as teams work to cover every possibility.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-more-nascar-chase-excitement-means-more-stress/

What do you think about this?

Freyaka
01-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Chase Changes Fuel Pressure– NASCAR is scheduled to reveal its seasonal competition changes next week in a press conference at Daytona International Speedway.

Among the new items will be the requirement that drivers in the sanctioning body’s three major national series specify before the start of the season which of the three championships they choose to pursue. The main push here is to eliminate Sprint Cup regulars from eligibility to win the Nationwide Series championship.

The more anxiously awaited news, however, deals with the Chase for the Sprint Cup and NASCAR’s apparent plans to install major changes in its format. Among the speculation: Expanding the field to 15, having “knockout rounds” to eliminate drivers as the Chase progresses and possibly including a formula that will require drivers to have a race win to be a Chaser.

NASCAR has confirmed none of those possibilities, but it is clear that, whatever the changes, the new Chase will add more pressure on the participants. One of NASCAR’s goals is to create more – in chairman Brian France’s words – “game seven moments,” and that has fueled speculation that there will be more “do or die” scenarios in the Chase.

The general view among insiders is that putting teams’ feet to the fire with elimination rounds in the Chase probably will put more pressure on crew chiefs than on drivers.

The crew chief has become the “answer man” in modern NASCAR, with the pressures of late-race decisions adding more and more each year to the worksheet for the big guy on the pit wagon.

Spot decisions on tires changes (Two? Four? None?), fuel mileage (Can we make it?) and other pit strategy easily could decide a team’s future – or lack of it – as the Chase unfolds. It seems safe to say that calculators will be working overtime during the weeks leading up to the Chase as teams work to cover every possibility.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-more-nascar-chase-excitement-means-more-stress/

What do you think about this?

Does it matter? It's still the Jimmie Johnson cup no matter what they do for at least a couple more years.

I really don't think that it'll be fair to make drivers post a win to make the chase....It is rather lame if a guy is up at the front consistantly and is up in the top 10 without a win and NOT give him a chance to run for the championship.

What are they going to do if someone has a Matt Kenseth like season where he just dominates the crap out of the sport but doesn't win races and he's leading the points going into the chase.... Are they just gonna tell him sorry but your not good enough? I don't like it one bit. And what would they do if they didn't have 15 race to fill the field? And for that matter are you going to let some kid who's got his first win off fuel milege and done crap the rest of the year run for the cup because he's one of those 15 with wins?

dbfan2007
01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I just really want the chase to end. Make the first half of the season as important as the second half. People won't really pay attention until the end of the season. Since the chase was started, I just can't get into watching anymore. I just think I'll watch at the end of the season. And then by the end I really don't care. And I used to be pretty hardcore about Nascar. Everything is just changing with the times.

SyxxSynse
01-14-2011, 08:41 PM
I agree that a driver shouldn't have to have won a race to make the Chase. The scenario is unlikely, but what if the points leader going into the Chase hadn't won a race. The most consistent driver would be elimated? No way is that fair.

And expanding the Chase to the top 15 is nothing but the Dale Jr. rule. I do kinda like the idea of elimination races in the Chase however. The drivers that barely make the Chase never really compete for the title anyway.

Southstander
01-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I think a higher importance on winning is a good thing. Outsiders to the sport shake their head in disbelief that someone can win a championship with out winning at least one race.

roushmartin6
01-19-2011, 01:59 AM
Time for Nascar to fill the void that is Broncoless right now.

Southstander
01-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Time for Nascar to fill the void that is Broncoless right now.

Perfect name for this thread!

Peanut
01-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Wow, I'm going to have to catch up on this thread tomorrow.

Right now, I'm sad. One of my main drivers (Truck Series) is without a ride.

Boo, Randy Moss Motorsports.

I am excited to see what a local person can do in NASCAR. Keep an eye out for Travis Pastrana. :D

SyxxSynse
01-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Wow, I'm going to have to catch up on this thread tomorrow.

Right now, I'm sad. One of my main drivers (Truck Series) is without a ride.

Boo, Randy Moss Motorsports.

I am excited to see what a local person can do in NASCAR. Keep an eye out for Travis Pastrana. :D

Yeah, I heard that, it sucks. Don't worry though, Skinner will be in another ride sooner than later.

SyxxSynse
01-27-2011, 07:39 AM
NASCAR has made official the anticipated changes to how drivers are selected for the Chase and to the points system.

The Chase will be comprised of the top ten drivers in points after the 26th race plus the two drivers with the most wins not in the top ten. They must be in the top twenty. If one or two winning drivers are not available, the next one or two in points go in.

The points system to be used in 2011 will award 43 points to the winner and drop one point per position with 43rd place receiving one point. Bonus points for leading a lap are one and leading the most laps one. Winning the race pays a bonus of three points.

sbxxxiichamps
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey! for anyone interested in joining a fantasy Nascar group i just posted this thread: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=183584

It's extremely fun and definitely adds more excitement to every race!

any questions/concerns just PM me:D

Freyaka
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
NASCAR has made official the anticipated changes to how drivers are selected for the Chase and to the points system.

The Chase will be comprised of the top ten drivers in points after the 26th race plus the two drivers with the most wins not in the top ten. They must be in the top twenty. If one or two winning drivers are not available, the next one or two in points go in.

The points system to be used in 2011 will award 43 points to the winner and drop one point per position with 43rd place receiving one point. Bonus points for leading a lap are one and leading the most laps one. Winning the race pays a bonus of three points.

I'm really not sure what I think of the new points....feels awfully formula one to me, it'll for sure reward consitant finishes it'll be easy to lose points IMO but not very easy to gain them.

This could hurt Johnson if he has another one of those years where he barely does anthing meaninful for half the season and then starts showing up late in the season.

Southstander
02-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Less then two weeks till the Great American Race.

sbxxxiichamps
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm really not sure what I think of the new points....feels awfully formula one to me, it'll for sure reward consitant finishes it'll be easy to lose points IMO but not very easy to gain them.

This could hurt Johnson if he has another one of those years where he barely does anthing meaninful for half the season and then starts showing up late in the season.

I don't mind the points change although i feel the winner should be awarded a bit more.

And Jimmie Johnson under this new point system would have won last year anyways. Not sure about the other seasons though.

Southstander
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I hope my boys, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards, all have a great year.

sbxxxiichamps
02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I hope my boys, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards, all have a great year.

I'm rooting for Kyle Bush:P and Denny Hamlin this year...and of course whoever is on my fantasy team for the week lol

Southstander
02-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm rooting for Kyle Bush:P and Denny Hamlin this year...and of course whoever is on my fantasy team for the week lol

I just wish they did not drive Toyotas.

sbxxxiichamps
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM

Agreed! i don't like the Toyotas either. But i like kyle cuz he is widely hated and reminds me of ricky bobby lol. And Denny Hamlin is just simply put, a good race car driver:salute:

SyxxSynse
02-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I like Kyle too...when he loses and pouts.

His agony is my ecstasy. :dance:

SyxxSynse
02-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Don't forget everyone! The Budweiser Shootout is TONIGHT!!! 8 pm est. Dale Jr. is on the pole.

Peanut
02-12-2011, 06:05 PM

Agreed! i don't like the Toyotas either. But i like kyle cuz he is widely hated and reminds me of ricky bobby lol. And Denny Hamlin is just simply put, a good race car driver:salute:

There is nothing wrong with Toyotas.

Let's leave it at that. ;)

I like Kyle, Hamlin and Logano.

I might have to put Pastrana on that list.

Are you all ready?!? :D

Southstander
02-13-2011, 02:34 AM
I am sooo ready.

And now with the most famous words in sports, here is Southstander.

Lady and Gentleman start you engines.

DishWater
02-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Are you all ready?!? :D

Ryan Newman!!!!

HOOAH!

Southstander
02-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Sunday can't get here soon enough.

SyxxSynse
02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Sunday can't get here soon enough.

So true. Good thing there is racing tomorrow with the Duels! :thumb:

Southstander
02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
So true. Good thing there is racing tomorrow with the Duels! :thumb:

Plus the Nationwide race Sunday....

sbxxxiichamps
02-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Well I'm guessing no one here cares but just in case....Since the Daytona 500 is coming up the deadline to join Broncomania Fantasy Nascar is also almost here!

Figured since this is the Nascar thread you all would be most interested.

Anyways looking forward to a great year of racing!:salute:

Southstander
02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Little Dale crashed his car in practice today, and will have to start at the back of the field.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.teamterrier.com/Earnhardt/Earnhardt_memorial.jpg

sbxxxiichamps
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Little Dale crashed his car in practice today, and will have to start at the back of the field.

No surprise there!:laugh:

SyxxSynse
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM

Actually, it will be exactly ten years on Friday. Today is the 16th. But still, I can't believe it has been a whole decade. I wasn't a fan of his, but he is still greatly missed.

Southstander
02-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Actually, it will be exactly ten years on Friday. Today is the 16th. But still, I can't believe it has been a whole decade. I wasn't a fan of his, but he is still greatly missed.

Your right. It is Friday.

Southstander
02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Capt. Kurt wins the first 150.

Southstander
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Burton wins the second duel.

SyxxSynse
02-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Good racing today in the Duels. The 500 is going to be crazy!

Peanut
02-18-2011, 11:54 PM

Ten years to the day, Michael Waltrip wins at Daytona.

He was so emotional.

I should tweet Randy Moss and ask him how he likes his new driver.

Yeah, I know it wasn't Travis' fault.

Yeah, I'm vindictive. :P

Peanut
02-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Well I'm guessing no one here cares but just in case....Since the Daytona 500 is coming up the deadline to join Broncomania Fantasy Nascar is also almost here!

Figured since this is the Nascar thread you all would be most interested.

Anyways looking forward to a great year of racing!:salute:

I'm in.

Anyone else?

Southstander
02-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Congrats to Tony Stewart.

Southstander
02-20-2011, 12:46 PM
So far I am not liking this double drafting.

Broncoholic JS
02-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Go Regan Smith, GO!!

Broncoholic JS
02-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Screw that! I thought Regan Smith might have a chance to win this!

Darn you Busch!

Southstander
02-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Screw that! I thought Regan Smith might have a chance to win this!

Darn you Busch!

It was Stewart's fault. All in all for being small one team car, Smith did darn good.

Broncoholic JS
02-20-2011, 03:18 PM
It was Stewart's fault. All in all for being small one team car, Smith did darn good.

Up until the wreck Smith had to the best week out of everyone out there.

Maybe one day Smith will get the glory. He is a damn good driver.

Southstander
02-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I hope he gets more sponsers now.

Broncoholic JS
02-20-2011, 03:23 PM
South,
Going back to watch it again it was the 22 car who slammed too hard into the 78 of Smith. Then that turned Smith into the pack behind him. Smith could have won this had Busch pushed him like Smith was pushing others.

UGH

Southstander
02-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Congrats Trevor Bane!!! I am so happy for the Wood Brothers!:salute:

Southstander
02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
South,
Going back to watch it again it was the 22 car who slammed too hard into the 78 of Smith. Then that turned Smith into the pack behind him. Smith could have won this had Busch pushed him like Smith was pushing others.

UGH

JS it was Tony in #14 that slammed in to Busch's 22 causing him to hit Smith.

DW even said it was Tony.

sbxxxiichamps
02-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Well that was an eventful finish!

Congrats to Bayne! he has a nice winning% as of now lol.

BroncoManiac_69
02-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Congrats Trevor Bane!!! I am so happy for the Wood Brothers!:salute:

Yes.. Congrats to Trevor. :beer:

He should buy Bobby Labonte a beer if he was old enough. I was so happy for Bobby to be that close to the front and helped push him around.

I'm a little irked at Carl for pushing Bobby back to 4th but oh well. I've been a Labonte fan for many years. Glad to see him in the front of the pack for a change.

LbloodOjunkieG
02-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Great race. It's been at least a few years since I've watched a Nascar race, but decided to watch this one. 10 year anniversary of Earnhardt's death, and was definitely rooting for Junior today. Disappointed when he had to pit because of a flat rear tire, and then the way he wrecked, a little disappointing. But Trevor Bayne winning it is a pretty good story. I thought it was an awesome day. :D

Peanut
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM

He should buy Bobby Labonte a beer if he was old enough. I was so happy for Bobby to be that close to the front and helped push him around.

I'm a little irked at Carl for pushing Bobby back to 4th but oh well. I've been a Labonte fan for many years. Glad to see him in the front of the pack for a change.

Hubby's a Labonte fan. It's good to see him competitive again.

Congrats to Trevor and the Wood brothers!

BroncoManiac_69
02-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Great race. It's been at least a few years since I've watched a Nascar race, but decided to watch this one. 10 year anniversary of Earnhardt's death, and was definitely rooting for Junior today. Disappointed when he had to pit because of a flat rear tire, and then the way he wrecked, a little disappointing. But Trevor Bayne winning it is a pretty good story. I thought it was an awesome day. :D

Yeah... It really sucks that Jr. couldn't finish the race and there was a collective gasp and sigh of relief after he hit the wall and was checked out OK.

Hubby's a Labonte fan. It's good to see him competitive again.

Congrats to Trevor and the Wood brothers!

I remember that hubby is a Bobby fan too. I thought to myself... watch him pass the youngster and win it!!! Oh well. You're right. At least he was competitive again but all the wrecks and cautions helped him in the end even though he didn't drop out of the top 20 all day I don't believe.

Southstander
02-20-2011, 03:58 PM

Thought of you when Bobby was pushing Trevor.:salute:

BroncoManiac_69
02-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Thought of you when Bobby was pushing Trevor.:salute:

I really was so excited! :laugh:

I was bouncing in my seat saying come on... come on... at least get 2nd place until Edwards entered the picture. :mad:

AZ Snake Fan
02-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I liked the X-MO camera shots.
Amazing photography.

Also liked the heat sensor cameras too.
Those will be really glowing at the short tracks.

I liked the old Daytona better.
All that 2 car pushing for the whole race was nutz.
Way too many cautions at Daytona now.
The only way to race at Daytona now will be 2 car.
Too bad.

Feel sorry for Ragan making a dumb rookie move.

Southstander
02-20-2011, 04:07 PM
My Fav drivers Currently Racing.
1. Jeff Gordon (has been for years).
2. Johnson (Since his Rookie Year)
3. Edwards (Since his Rookie Year)
4. Bayne (I became fan BEFORE the start of the Race.

Broncoholic JS
02-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Regan Smith, Colorado still supports you! You got screwed today, you should have been on the podium. If it wasn't you I would have liked Jr to win.

Oh well, we can't have everything our way.

Congrats to the young kid Trevor.

Southstander
02-20-2011, 05:02 PM
He did not get screwed. That is part of racing.

Freyaka
02-20-2011, 05:18 PM
As a longtime bobby labonte fan I can tell you I am on cloud 9 seeing him in the top 5. Bayne should send him a huge thank you to labote for the great push!

Freyaka
02-20-2011, 06:37 PM
As a longtime bobby labonte fan I can tell you I am on cloud 9 seeing him in the top 5. Bayne should send him a huge thank you to labote for the great push!

wtc where is my sig?

*edit nevermind it doesn't show up when I post via my phone.

BroncoManiac_69
02-21-2011, 01:42 AM
I liked the X-MO camera shots.
Amazing photography.

Also liked the heat sensor cameras too.
Those will be really glowing at the short tracks.

I liked the old Daytona better.
All that 2 car pushing for the whole race was nutz.
Way too many cautions at Daytona now.
The only way to race at Daytona now will be 2 car.
Too bad.

Feel sorry for Ragan making a dumb rookie move.

Look who crawled out of the woodwork!!! :rockon:

That two car pushing thing had me floored as well. "New racing style" blah blah blah. Track was just repaved after what? almost 30 years?

Those heat sensor cameras are cool. I like them too and also love digger cam. :laugh:

I hate the short tracks. I hate them with a passion. Boring and stupid IMO. I love these wide open tracks and look forward to Phoenix and Vegas coming up.

Nice to see you old friend. Been a while. :salute:

Woot Woot!! Me and Peanut's hubby also Bobby fans!!!

Freyaka
02-21-2011, 06:05 AM

I've been a bobby fan forever and I told my dad before the race that I thought he still had gas in the tank he just didn't have any equiptment worth a crap to drive in and now that he's got full sponsership and a car that has been competetive he's going to do well.

Hopefully we'll see a Jeff Burton like comback from him this year, it's been far too long since I've enjoyed seeing him make funny faces when he talked in victory lane.

martz11
02-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Look who crawled out of the woodwork!!! :rockon:

That two car pushing thing had me floored as well. "New racing style" blah blah blah. Track was just repaved after what? almost 30 years?

Those heat sensor cameras are cool. I like them too and also love digger cam. :laugh:

I hate the short tracks. I hate them with a passion. Boring and stupid IMO. I love these wide open tracks and look forward to Phoenix and Vegas coming up.

Nice to see you old friend. Been a while. :salute:

U might be the only person I know that doesnt like the short tracks. Those are the races that take the most skill to win IMO.