PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Southstander
02-21-2011, 10:59 AM
The "Bull Rings"" are exciting for different reasons.

BroncoManiac_69
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
U might be the only person I know that doesnt like the short tracks. Those are the races that take the most skill to win IMO.

The "Bull Rings"" are exciting for different reasons.

I see what you guys are saying but for me it's like this:

If I go snow skiiing, and I'm pretty good, I don't go near the black diamonds. Moguls are boring to me. They may be more challenging, but I prefer going as fast as I can on the blue runs. *shrugs*

"I feel the need for speed"
-Topgun

BroncFanIN
02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I loved the two car pushing and pulling that happened at the race this weekend.

You always knew these guys were athletes, but what they did was amazing. You know they had to be mentally exhausted at the end of the race-and I think that is one of the reasons so many cautions happened.

The human mind and body can only take so much. With all the "teaming up" to push and pull, and mixing racers personalities, and see who was teaming up with who after a caution...it really made for a fun and entertaining race.

Now, I will admit I am not a diehard Nascar fan. I enjoy watching the races when they are on Fox. Once they move to TNT and ESPN...its just not the same. Fox just makes it more fun to watch- the personalities, the camera angles, the super-slow-mo and digger cams...all of that is missed when it moves over to the other networks.

Usually the race will be on, but I'll be doing something else-reading, cruising the net, leaving and hearing it on the radio to go do errands...but this past weekend, I stayed glued to the TV the whole time, because it was changing so fast.

I guess I just get used to how one play in football can change the whole game, and it seemed like this weekend Nascar came really close to having that...and it kept my attention.

Southstander
02-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Im the opposite. I did not like the two car racing.

BroncoManiac_69
02-26-2011, 10:31 PM
There is a chance, we are going to get 3rd row at the start/finish line in Vegas. :eek:

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

:fingerscrossed:

Peanut
02-26-2011, 11:43 PM
There is a chance, we are going to get 3rd row at the start/finish line in Vegas. :eek:

:rockon::rockon::rockon :rockon:

Cool.

Have fun!

Saw an interview (one of many) with Trevor. He was talking about getting phone calls. Mentioned one was from Tim Tebow. Wasn't really listening, but when someone mentions a Bronco, my ears perk up. :D

Thought that was cool.

Southstander
02-27-2011, 12:05 PM
My boys have a tough race ahead of them.

Southstander
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM
GO, GO, GOrdon!

BroncoManiac_69
02-27-2011, 06:02 PM
GO, GO, GOrdon!

Congrats to Jeff for breaking his losing streak. I thought Kyle was going to get mad at him for the little nudge. :laugh:

Busch's head home next week. Local favs in Vegas. I root for them too.

Bummed to see Bobby in the wreck today but glad he was able to get back on the track and maintain some points. -16 and tied for 7th isn't too bad considering.

Next week's top 5 dream finish:

Bobby
Kurt
Kyle
Jr.
Jeff

Southstander
02-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I'll give Edwards credit, you could tell he was fuming at Busch, but was willing to look at the replay.

BroncoManiac_69
02-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Still waiting on the word about this weekend.

Our friends with the tickets are going through some major family crisis. Long story and I'll spare you the drama.

Anyway, the tickets are apparently going to be sitting at will call. Must have ID to pick them up. If they decide they're not going, he's going to see about transferring ownership but wasn't quite sure how that would work.

At first he said he was just going to burn the tickets. :eek:

3rd row at the start/finish line would be sweet and sounds exciting!

Southstander
02-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Please post pics. If you can score me an autograph of my favorites I would be greatful. Petty is my all time favs.

BroncoManiac_69
02-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Please post pics. If you can score me an autograph of my favorites I would be greatful. Petty is my all time favs.

First things first.

Really hate the fact that their family is going through so much right now. Basically it has to do with their 18 year old that ran away. He just had his birthday last week, wrecked his car with no insurance and then split.

The tickets to the race were a surprise gift and now.....

Southstander
02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
First things first.

Really hate the fact that their family is going through so much right now. Basically it has to do with their 18 year old that ran away. He just had his birthday last week, wrecked his car with no insurance and then split.

The tickets to the race were a surprise gift and now.....

I will pray for the family.

Freyaka
02-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Congrats to Jeff for breaking his losing streak. I thought Kyle was going to get mad at him for the little nudge. :laugh:

Busch's head home next week. Local favs in Vegas. I root for them too.

Bummed to see Bobby in the wreck today but glad he was able to get back on the track and maintain some points. -16 and tied for 7th isn't too bad considering.

Next week's top 5 dream finish:

Bobby
Kurt
Kyle
Jr.
Jeff

I just hope they get his car competitive.... even before he got in the wreck his car was junk, I don't know what it is about him but he just can't seem to find any speed I'm hoping it's just that phoenix sucks (can't wait for atlanta!) but I don't know it's just nice seeing him in the top 25 instead of 30th+

BroncoManiac_69
02-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I just hope they get his car competitive.... even before he got in the wreck his car was junk, I don't know what it is about him but he just can't seem to find any speed I'm hoping it's just that phoenix sucks (can't wait for atlanta!) but I don't know it's just nice seeing him in the top 25 instead of 30th+

I know exactly what you mean. He's been in the back of the pack for too long.

BroncoManiac_69
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Just found out our friends are going after all so we don't get the tickets.

But that's OK. We're just glad that things are much better over in their household now.

Southstander
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Just found out our friends are going after all so we don't get the tickets.

But that's OK. We're just glad that things are much better over in their household now.

Amen to that.

trinfryit
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I guess David Reutimann has a shot this year

Freyaka
03-05-2011, 04:46 PM
My wife told me today she's trying to get tickets for her and I for the June Kansas Cup race I've been waiting to go to a kansas race for years (I realize it's not a great track but it's a couple of hours away, next closest would be texas which isn't much better)

BroncoManiac_69
03-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Getting reports from Vegas and it is definitely NASCAR week in Sin City. My friends are already down there having a blast.

Bobby Labonte did an autograph session last night at 6:00.

And a funny little story...

A friend of mine that lives there has a brother that does valet at the Monte Carlo. Apparently he actually drove and delivered Jeff Gordon's car to him on Thursday night. He said that Jeff asked directions to the track and that made me bust out loud.

He doesn't know where it is? :laugh:

It's supposed to be a beautiful day in the upper 70's tomorrow. We're bumming out we aren't going to the race. Just couldn't wing it financially with me out of work. :(

Freyaka
03-06-2011, 03:54 PM
This race is killing me...if we could just get a caution with 40 to go now and bobby get back on the lead lap I really think he's got a top15 car today....

Freyaka
03-06-2011, 04:15 PM
well that sucked....I was listening to bobby's in car radio on my phone all day and towards the end they kept calling off his laptimes and they were the same as the leaders....he had a good car at the end but got too far behind in the begining and couldn't catch a break.

Southstander
03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I am three for three this season. #99:salute:.

jlhawkins9
03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
14 got scewed. Only 2 tracks he hasn't won at and Vegas was one of them. There is always a late caution every week but of course since Tony needed it, it didnt happen. Man was I pissed, he dominated that race.

Southstander
03-06-2011, 05:41 PM
That is all a part of racing. Stewart did not get screwed.

BroncoManiac_69
03-06-2011, 05:53 PM
well that sucked....I was listening to bobby's in car radio on my phone all day and towards the end they kept calling off his laptimes and they were the same as the leaders....he had a good car at the end but got too far behind in the begining and couldn't catch a break.

Bobby never cracked the top 20 and even fell that lap behind at the end. He was a distant shadow all day and never had a chance.

14 got scewed. Only 2 tracks he hasn't won at and Vegas was one of them. There is always a late caution every week but of course since Tony needed it, it didnt happen. Man was I pissed, he dominated that race.

Tony got screwed by speeding in the pits. It was his own fault. And just because there was no caution at the end, doesn't make him screwed. His own in car radio had him complaining to the team not anyone else.

Delaware is the other track he hasn't won on.

Southstander
03-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Bobby never cracked the top 20 and even fell that lap behind at the end. He was a distant shadow all day and never had a chance.

Tony got screwed by speeding in the pits. It was his own fault. And just because there was no caution at the end, doesn't make him screwed. His own in car radio had him complaining to the team not anyone else.

Delaware is the other track he hasn't won on.

Great response. CP to you. This is the second race out of three that someone has wrongly claimed that their driver got "jammed" and did not win. What happened to both Tony and Regan happens atleast once a year.

As the announcers pointed out the doped limit was 45 MPH, plus NASCAR give a 5 MPH buffer. So Smoke had to be going over 50 MPH. The blame falls completely on the #14 for finishing in second place.

BroncoManiac_69
03-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Great response. CP to you. This is the second race out of three that someone has wrongly claimed that their driver got "jammed" and did not win. What happened to both Tony and Regan happens atleast once a year.

As the announcers pointed out the doped limit was 45 MPH, plus NASCAR give a 5 MPH buffer. So Smoke had to be going over 50 MPH. The blame falls completely on the #14 for finishing in second place.

Biffle had that gas can issue. Those new gas cans are too tall IMO. Greg's team guy seemed to struggle holding it up. Several drivers had pit issues.

I was just trying to remember who had the air hose issue in the pits? Drove off with the jack still attached. :laugh:

I actually rubbed my eyes thinking I was seeing things and then they got the penalty. It wasn't JJ was it?

Freyaka
03-06-2011, 06:26 PM

He did dominate the race but he also got a deserved pit road penalty, he did a good job of recovering from it but that's racing, those things happen...at least he finished well, my driver had a good car at the end and couldn't get back on the lead lap because he couldn't catch a break with the caution to get a lucky dog.

BroncoManiac_69
03-06-2011, 06:28 PM

So how do you get this in car radio feed? :confused:

I am three for three this season. #99:salute:.

Good for Carl. At least he could smile this week after being pissed last week. :heh:

Too bad for the Busch home town boys at least Kurt rebounded after his spinout and pulled 9th. I laughed at the comment about how Kyle "Burnt his Snickers" after his car caught fire. :laugh:

I know somebody at the track that yelled a BUNCH of bad words when Jeff blew his tire and crashed into the wall.

He did dominate the race but he also got a deserved pit road penalty, he did a good job of recovering from it but that's racing, those things happen...at least he finished well, my driver had a good car at the end and couldn't get back on the lead lap because he couldn't catch a break with the caution to get a lucky dog.

Bobby fell to the number 2 spot anyway didn't he? Meaning if there was a caution, he wouldn't have received the free pass at that point anyway.

Freyaka
03-06-2011, 06:32 PM

He actually fell that lap down really really early (before they got his car adjusted) He was really slow at the start of the race but by the time they got his car competitive he couldn't get a caution (his car was keeping about the same pace as matt kenseth who finished 11th)

He may have been a distant shadow but I'm sure if he'd have gotten back on the lead lap he'd have been there (coulda woulda shoulda I know but hopefully they found some things this week to use at the other mile and a half tracks later in the year to get him dialed in early instead of too late)

I really like his new crew chief because he seems to be good at adjusting the car in the race but the main problem is they can't manage to get it fast at the begining of the race and they end up either falling so far behind that they can't recover (like today) or they get caught up in someone elses mess (last week)

Freyaka
03-06-2011, 06:43 PM
So how do you get this in car radio feed? :confused:

Good for Carl. At least he could smile this week after being pissed last week. :heh:

Too bad for the Busch home town boys at least Kurt rebounded after his spinout and pulled 9th. I laughed at the comment about how Kyle "Burnt his Snickers" after his car caught fire. :laugh:

I know somebody at the track that yelled a BUNCH of bad words when Jeff blew his tire and crashed into the wall.

Bobby fell to the number 2 spot anyway didn't he? Meaning if there was a caution, he wouldn't have received the free pass at that point anyway.

I have sprint so I can listen to just about any drivers in car audio via my phone at no extra cost (one of the perks of sprint)

he actually was in the lucky dog spot much of the race problem was he was never in it at the right times....

He had it most of the run each caution but the cautions all came at the end of a long run and his car wasn't very good on long runs it was really good for 20-25 laps and then it would start getting really loose out of the corners (freaking loose as he described it :) )

He had it at the end until Joey Lagono sped on pit road and had to go back through for a pass through penalty putting him the 1st a lap down.

I really enjoy the in car audio because watching it on TV they don't really mention him much unless something happens but when your following it in car you get to hear what cars he's passing (or being passed by) plus his spotter/crew chief tends to call off about every 10-20 laps his lap times and how they compare to the leaders.

SyxxSynse
03-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I had a GREAT NASCAR weekend. Both my drivers (Mark Martin and Carl Edwards) swept the weekend and Kyle Busch DNF'd in both races! Doesn't get much better than that!! :)

BroncFanIN
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I have Sprint...I'll have to check that out. A Samsung something-or-other. A driod phone.

I know you can also get in car radio feeds from Sirius Satellite radio as well. Not all of them, but a select group, and then I think fans can vote for a driver they want on their website (at least they used to).

No racing this weekend, right? :(

SyxxSynse
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM

There is no Cup or Nationwide racing. The Trucks are at Darlington Friday night.

Freyaka
03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I have Sprint...I'll have to check that out. A Samsung something-or-other. A driod phone.

I know you can also get in car radio feeds from Sirius Satellite radio as well. Not all of them, but a select group, and then I think fans can vote for a driver they want on their website (at least they used to).

I got a samsung intercept droid phone for free from them, I'm lovin it thus far.

Southstander
03-08-2011, 06:02 PM
There is no Cup or Nationwide racing. The Trucks are at Darlington Friday night.

This will gives us a preview of what to.expect with a lockout.

Freyaka
03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
This will gives us a preview of what to.expect with a lockout.

Yea but after a short break with no racing we get Bristol!!

BroncoManiac_69
03-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Bobby is going to be the in-studio guest for Showtime's Inside NASCAR show Wednesday night at 9:00 Eastern.

Southstander
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Bobby is going to be the in-studio guest for Showtime's Inside NASCAR show Wednesday night at 9:00 Eastern.

I wish he could end his winless streak.

Freyaka
03-08-2011, 08:31 PM

I actually feel good about it happening this year, JGT Daughtry was competitive last year with ambrose and I think we'll see bobby get back to competitive this year.

BroncoManiac_69
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM

I agree. He's LONG overdue. I just hope that it does happen soon. He's a very likable guy. It was so fun meeting him in Vegas the year they opened that track. Gosh, that was what 11 years ago?

We don't have Showtime so I'll miss the show. :(

SyxxSynse
03-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Yea but after a short break with no racing we get Bristol!!

And I'll be there! :thumb:

Peanut
03-10-2011, 02:13 PM

Cool. Maybe post some pictures?

Please? :D

I have a friend from NY who used to go there. Got too expensive. Now, she goes to Dover and Pocono.

FYI: Trucks race on Saturday at 5pm EST on SPEED.

racefantv.com for all your racing schedules. :D

NHRA on Sunday.

Freyaka
03-10-2011, 09:53 PM

My wife asked me the other day if she could get me tickets to any race which one would it be (she was assuming daytona 500) I told her bristol night racing is what I would want!

Southstander
03-10-2011, 10:29 PM
For me it would go Daytona, Dega, the Bristol.

SyxxSynse
03-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Cool. Maybe post some pictures?

Please? :D

I have a friend from NY who used to go there. Got too expensive. Now, she goes to Dover and Pocono.

FYI: Trucks race on Saturday at 5pm EST on SPEED.

racefantv.com for all your racing schedules. :D

NHRA on Sunday.

Will do, though I will only be there for the Nationwide race. I'll try to get some pretty good pics for ya.

I've been a few times to Bristol and it is great, though I do know what you mean by it being too expensive. Along with tickets, hotels around the track are ridiculous. I found a room for one night for $250, and that's a deal compared to what I have paid before.

And yes, the Truck race is Saturday! Not tonight like I said before. My bad.

Southstander
03-13-2011, 10:19 PM
This might sound odd, but with the recent earthquake in Japan I hope a Toyota wins on Sunday.

BroncoManiac_69
03-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Bobby has qualified 16th for the race in Bristol this weekend. He's pretty stoked about it.

Peanut
03-18-2011, 03:23 PM
This might sound odd, but with the recent earthquake in Japan I hope a Toyota wins on Sunday.

Doesn't sound odd to me. :D

Bobby has qualified 16th for the race in Bristol this weekend. He's pretty stoked about it.

I hope he does well.

Peanut
03-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Props to Jennifer Jo Cobb. I hope she gets a really good ride with some decent owners.

Freyaka
03-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Me too, he's mid pack in the practice speeds as well and I'm hopeful for a good weekend I've noticed his crew chief is good at making the car better as the rest goes on so him being in the top half is hopefully a good sign that he'll be fast enough to keep from going a lap down early.

As far as what was said about hoping a Toyota wins this week due to the earthquake, since Bobby drives a toyota now I think you can all guess which Toyota I'm hoping does this :)

*edit* and by the way I've got a guy that I know who is related to Jeremy Petty (and works for him on his cars/trucks) who is getting me some signed Bobby stuff after the Texas race in a couple of weeks and he says he's going to get my dad and I garage passes at kansas speedway!

Southstander
03-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry Bobby got spun.

Southstander
03-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Kurt won. I a certain Mod is Happy.

Freyaka
03-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Sorry Bobby got spun.

AND? He spun and was still in 9th after that, still finished 13th and is in the top 15 in points.

I said before the race he had a good car and while it wasn't a race winner or anything it still was a great finish.

SyxxSynse
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm back from my trip to Bristol and here are a few of the pictures I took Friday and Saturday...

http://i56.tinypic.com/n17y3t.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/sdz9c4.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/107qf4x.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/288ttg5.jpg

SyxxSynse
03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/120rt5i.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2vs2q84.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/idxgno.jpg

It was a great trip. I saw some good racing and met several of the drivers. I took a full size racing helmet with me and got 20+ signatures. And if anyone's interested, I can tell you which drivers were good to the fans and which ones were jerks. :D

BroncoSexyDaddy
03-20-2011, 05:51 PM

It was a great trip. I saw some good racing and met several of the drivers. I took a full size racing helmet with me and got 20+ signatures. And if anyone's interested, I can tell you which drivers were good to the fans and which ones were jerks. :DNice pictures,CPs Forthcoming :salute:

Freyaka
03-20-2011, 06:06 PM

It was a great trip. I saw some good racing and met several of the drivers. I took a full size racing helmet with me and got 20+ signatures. And if anyone's interested, I can tell you which drivers were good to the fans and which ones were jerks. :D

I hope Labonte wasn't one of the jerks (hoping to meet him at kansas) Good race today! Great pics thanks for posting them!!!

Southstander
03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Please give us the list.

SyxxSynse
03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
I hope Labonte wasn't one of the jerks (hoping to meet him at kansas) Good race today! Great pics thanks for posting them!!!

I didn't see Bobby, but I wouldn't think he would be one. Maybe "jerk" is an unfair description, because I'm mainly just judging on whether or not a certain driver stopped to sign a few autographs for the fans that were waiting outside the entrance gate. I know drivers have places to be and can't accommodate every fan who wants an autograph, but a was surprised that a few drivers barely even acknowledged the fans at all. Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman, Matt Kenseth, Marcos Ambrose, and A.J. Allmendinger are some that I remember that passed the fans up, and Newman and Ambrose did so twice. I won't dislike a driver for not being courteous to fans, but it leaves you with a bad feeling when you see a driver just skip everyone, especially multiple times.

Of the big name drivers I saw, I was impressed with Brian Vickers, Greg Biffle, Jeff Burton, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Danica Patrick, Joey Logano, and Kyle Busch, so if you are a fan of one of those drivers you can feel proud, especially if you are a Gordon fan. I think most of the these drivers signed items for the majority of fans, but I watched Jeff Gordon go down the entire line of probably 300+ people and sign whatever they put in front of him. I liked Gordon before, but I was very impressed with that. I was surprised that Kyle signed so much stuff, because I'll admit I'm not a fan and he seemed to me like a driver that would snub fans, but I was wrong. He earned my respect for that. And it was a mob scene when Danica came out, but she signed stuff for just about everyone. Carl Edwards came out a signed a few autographs, but it was harder for him to accommodate everyone because he was driving the pace car to an appearance after winning the pole. He stopped for some of his fans (including me) and signed stuff and was very nice and appreciative of the support. Some of the lesser know drivers and Nationwide drivers like Justin Allgaier and Brian Scott were also very nice, signing autographs and posing for pictures.

Southstander
03-20-2011, 11:28 PM
I am glad to hear that two of my boys (Gordon and Johnson) where accommodating. I am suprised by A.J. In my opnion he has not done much of anything in NASCAR. I will admit I was not there, and that celebrities cannot sign everything, but to "snub" fans mulitple times is not right. I could understand a drive that has won multipul Championships having an ego but not a driver that barley got rid of his rookie stripe. Even then it is wrong.

Peanut
03-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Great pictures, SyxxSynse!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm kind of surprised that J. Gordon had that much time to sign stuff. I thought he would have been too busy.

I think Kyle's people skills has really improved. Sometimes, a person can be so focused (on winning) that it comes across snobbish. Good to hear he's doing better.

I met some Truck drivers at an auto session in Dover once. All were pretty nice.

Hornaday refused to sign my hat. "Contractual differences." He drives a Chevy, my hat had Toyota on it. Odd that another non-Toyota driver signed it. :D

SyxxSynse
03-21-2011, 05:47 AM
I am glad to hear that two of my boys (Gordon and Johnson) where accommodating. I am suprised by A.J. In my opnion he has not done much of anything in NASCAR. I will admit I was not there, and that celebrities cannot sign everything, but to "snub" fans mulitple times is not right. I could understand a drive that has won multipul Championships having an ego but not a driver that barley got rid of his rookie stripe. Even then it is wrong.

I agree. I was very surprised with A.J. and Ambrose, since like you said they are drivers that really haven't done much to feel they have a right to snub. I was a little surpised with Kenseth and Newman too. I wasn't shocked that Stewart passed up people though. I wasn't there the whole time so I don't know if the drivers I mentioned totally snubbed the fans every time, but when I was there they did. I will say though that both times I saw Newman and Ambrose was when they were leaving the track, so they may have signed stuff when they went back in, but I doubt that. The drivers that skipped fans either went straight to a tunnel that went outside of the track or jumped on a golf cart waiting for them. Another driver I forgot to mention that I saw snub fans was David Reutimann, which surpised me. Kasey Kahne and David Ragan signed autographs for some but not everyone.

And yes, you should be very proud of Gordon and Johnson. I know of two times that Johnson stopped to sign stuff for fans, and like I said Gordon went all the way down the line.

SyxxSynse
03-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Great pictures, SyxxSynse!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm kind of surprised that J. Gordon had that much time to sign stuff. I thought he would have been too busy.

I think Kyle's people skills has really improved. Sometimes, a person can be so focused (on winning) that it comes across snobbish. Good to hear he's doing better.

I met some Truck drivers at an auto session in Dover once. All were pretty nice.

Hornaday refused to sign my hat. "Contractual differences." He drives a Chevy, my hat had Toyota on it. Odd that another non-Toyota driver signed it. :D

I knew of an appearance that Gordon had to be at, but he had time before then. And it does seem that Kyle is improving in the treatment of fan department. I remember hearing Busch say one time that he was here to win, not to make fans. I'm not a fan of Busch because of him winning in everything, but also mainly because of his past attitude. I'm hoping that has changed and I can respect him and like him for his unbelievable talent.

I also met several Truck drivers a couple of years ago at Bristol during their August race, and from what I remember all were very nice. I got Hornaday's signature on a Bristol hat the first year I went, so I guess that hat was pretty generic so anyone could sign it. But "contractual differences" shouldn't be a big enough excuse not to sign something for someone. Most drivers will sign hats, diecasts, etc. of merchandise from another driver with no problem.

BroncoManiac_69
03-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Me too, he's mid pack in the practice speeds as well and I'm hopeful for a good weekend I've noticed his crew chief is good at making the car better as the rest goes on so him being in the top half is hopefully a good sign that he'll be fast enough to keep from going a lap down early.

As far as what was said about hoping a Toyota wins this week due to the earthquake, since Bobby drives a toyota now I think you can all guess which Toyota I'm hoping does this :)

*edit* and by the way I've got a guy that I know who is related to Jeremy Petty (and works for him on his cars/trucks) who is getting me some signed Bobby stuff after the Texas race in a couple of weeks and he says he's going to get my dad and I garage passes at kansas speedway!

COOL! Sounds like a blast! When I met Bobby he was kinda shy and quiet but was very nice and accommodating. His facebook page has grown a lot in the past few weeks. I think he enjoys seeing so many fans still rooting for him.

Bobby was pretty happy after Bristol:

http://www.nascar.com/news/110320/blabonte-all-smiles-bristol/index.html

Great pics Syxx. I was a tad shocked to see so many empty seats on Sunday. :huh:

Freyaka
03-21-2011, 03:46 PM
COOL! Sounds like a blast! When I met Bobby he was kinda shy and quiet but was very nice and accommodating. His facebook page has grown a lot in the past few weeks. I think he enjoys seeing so many fans still rooting for him.

Bobby was pretty happy after Bristol:

http://www.nascar.com/news/110320/blabonte-all-smiles-bristol/index.html

Great pics Syxx. I was a tad shocked to see so many empty seats on Sunday. :huh:

He was ticked after that 4th place daytona finish lol I think he was so close to winning it that won will bug him for awhile but I'm glad he's smiling about how great he's running (and honestly while he didn't have a great finish at vegas I think that race will help them with getting a better speedway setup for the rest of the season because they had figured the car out at the end it was just too little too late.)

He's got a great crew chief (Frank Kerr) and as long as he doesn't run this one off like every crew chief he's ever had I think we're going to see a strong finish to his career over the next couple of years.

BroncoManiac_69
03-21-2011, 03:52 PM
He was ticked after that 4th place daytona finish lol I think he was so close to winning it that won will bug him for awhile.

I know I was cussing at the 99 car at Daytona. I was: DAMN YOU CARL!! :laugh:

But hey... that's part of racing.

Peanut
03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
I knew of an appearance that Gordon had to be at, but he had time before then. And it does seem that Kyle is improving in the treatment of fan department. I remember hearing Busch say one time that he was here to win, not to make fans. I'm not a fan of Busch because of him winning in everything, but also mainly because of his past attitude. I'm hoping that has changed and I can respect him and like him for his unbelievable talent.

I also met several Truck drivers a couple of years ago at Bristol during their August race, and from what I remember all were very nice. I got Hornaday's signature on a Bristol hat the first year I went, so I guess that hat was pretty generic so anyone could sign it. But "contractual differences" shouldn't be a big enough excuse not to sign something for someone. Most drivers will sign hats, diecasts, etc. of merchandise from another driver with no problem.

I like Kyle, even when he had a mouth on him. I'm glad he's getting better with his attitude.

The guy can drive. Makes me wonder what more he could have accomplished before they changed the rule on him. That's about 2 years he lost.

I'm not a fan of Hornaday the driver, so it didn't bother me that he wouldn't sign my hat. That was the year Skinner and Angie was suppose to come and join us (some ladies from NY, a guy from MA, hubby and I) for a BBQ, but some security guy wouldn't let them into the camper lot.

Now that bothered me.

Freyaka
03-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I know I was cussing at the 99 car at Daytona. I was: DAMN YOU CARL!! :laugh:

But hey... that's part of racing.

The bitter truth is had carl gone high Bobby would have been in victory lane, coulda shoulda woulda.....We race at daytona and dega a combined 3 more times this year here's to him getting it this time.

BroncoManiac_69
03-21-2011, 04:58 PM
That was the year Skinner and Angie was suppose to come and join us (some ladies from NY, a guy from MA, hubby and I) for a BBQ, but some security guy wouldn't let them into the camper lot.

Now that bothered me.

Isn't that backwards? :confused:

Instead of security keeping fans out of the driver's area, they were keeping the drivers out of the fan area?

Now THAT would have bothered me too. That's just plain silly.

Southstander
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
The only driver I never had any respect for was Rick Carelli. He was a neighbor of my Grandpa for years. He was a total jerk. The main reason I have no respect for him. He let his brother die rather then donate a kidney to him.

Southstander
03-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Congrats to Kevin Harvick. Just wish Jimmie would have won.

Peanut
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Congrats to Kevin Harvick. Just wish Jimmie would have won.

I don't like the "bump and run". Seems like that's the only way Harvick can win.

I was pulling for Kyle. :D

BroncoManiac_69
03-28-2011, 02:06 PM
I missed the race this week due to March Madness but did see the highlights.

Did I hear right? Bobby got in a wreck late in the race?

sbxxxiichamps
03-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't like the "bump and run". Seems like that's the only way Harvick can win.

I was pulling for Kyle. :D

Me to!

But still I have to admit those last laps were exciting. I mean Harvick came out of nowhere it seemed like!

Peanut
03-28-2011, 04:42 PM
I missed the race this week due to March Madness but did see the highlights.

Did I hear right? Bobby got in a wreck late in the race?

I think a tire went down and he hit the wall. Car caught on fire and he bailed. He's okay.

Me to!

But still I have to admit those last laps were exciting. I mean Harvick came out of nowhere it seemed like!

Yeah, it was fun. I kept saying "Don't touch him, Harvick".

No one listens to me. :P

Southstander
03-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Unless he can find a sponser Trevor Bayne will not be in the All Star Race.

Freyaka
03-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I think a tire went down and he hit the wall. Car caught on fire and he bailed. He's okay.

Yeah, it was fun. I kept saying "Don't touch him, Harvick".

No one listens to me. :P

Honestly Happy made a darn impressive pass on Jimmie, He just kept bumping Jimmie so that he couldn't slow down to the speed he wanted to take the corner at and since he went into the corner too fast he got loose lost the car and passed for the win.

Southstander
04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Harvick won again.

Freyaka
04-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Harvick won again.

In other news Kurt Busch is an IDIOT!!! and kept Labonte from getting a good finish......yet another reason to dislike the busch brothers...

Southstander
04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
In other news Kurt Busch is an IDIOT!!! and kept Labonte from getting a good finish......yet another reason to dislike the busch brothers...

Labonte Brothers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x1,000 Busch Brothers.

(Sorry Dr. Peanut.)

sbxxxiichamps
04-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Labonte Brothers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x1,000 Busch Brothers.

(Sorry Dr. Peanut.)

The Labonte Brothers: 43 total wins and 3 Winston Cup Championships

The Busch Brothers: 42 total wins and 1 Nextel Cup Championship

And lets keep in mind that Kyle Busch is only 25 and Kurt Busch is 32....The Busch's will Definitely get the Labontes in wins (easily) and I'm going to go ahead and say they eventually tie or surpass the Labonte's 3 championships.

GO KYLE!!!!

http://www.race4cash.com/images/kyle_busch_wins_again.jpg

Southstander
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
The Labonte Brothers: 43 total wins and 3 Winston Cup Championships

The Busch Brothers: 42 total wins and 1 Nextel Cup Championship

And lets keep in mind that Kyle Busch is only 25 and Kurt Busch is 32....The Busch's will Definitely get the Labontes in wins (easily) and I'm going to go ahead and say they eventually tie or surpass the Labonte's 3 championships.

GO KYLE!!!!

http://www.race4cash.com/images/kyle_busch_wins_again.jpg

As far as class goes it is no contest.

Freyaka
04-08-2011, 10:14 PM
As far as class goes it is no contest.

Not to mention some of the most enjoyable racing I've ever came at the hands of Terry Labonte and Dale Sr (see any Bristol race containing the two of them)

I didn't mean to turn him around, I just meant to rattle his cage

tH9sLnJL8NE
m99LLWzyuZo

Southstander
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Matt won in Texas.

Southstander
04-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Bayne Has been hospitalized what is serious insect bite.

BroncoManiac_69
04-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Bayne Has been hospitalized what is serious insect bite.

What kind of insect bite? That seems odd. :huh:

Then again it was Texas. :D

I couldn't find the race on TV this week. I was a tad irritated. :sad:

Southstander
04-11-2011, 12:35 PM

It was a Saturday Night Race on Fox.

BroncoManiac_69
04-11-2011, 03:34 PM
It was a Saturday Night Race on Fox.

:doh: That explains it.

I wasn't even aware. :duh:

Freyaka
04-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Didn't miss much....long boring race won by kenseth dominating the finish....wasn't even a remotely close finish.

Southstander
04-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Biffle has signed a two year extention with Roush.

sbxxxiichamps
04-17-2011, 01:47 PM
You guys catch the finish at Talladega? That was exciting!....even if it was Jimmie Johnson who won :(

I know a lot of people have expressed how they dislike the 2-car style of racing but personally I enjoyed it. It actually makes restrictor plate racing exciting. Every lap people were jogging for position. It was much different than past Talladega races anyways.

SyxxSynse
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM
You guys catch the finish at Talladega? That was exciting!....even if it was Jimmie Johnson who won :(

I know a lot of people have expressed how they dislike the 2-car style of racing but personally I enjoyed it. It actually makes restrictor plate racing exciting. Every lap people were jogging for position. It was much different than past Talladega races anyways.

It was a fantastic finish. Doesn't get much more dramatic than that. Tied with the Craven/Busch Darlington finish in '03 for closest finish in NASCAR history.

Freyaka
04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote of the day "I think I'm gonna have nightmares about kids eating free" - Kevin Harvick

sbxxxiichamps
04-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote of the day "I think I'm gonna have nightmares about kids eating free" - Kevin Harvick

:laugh: That made me laugh when I heard it haha

Southstander
04-18-2011, 03:56 AM
http://www.prosportswrap.com/images/jimmie-johnson-seems-to-have-found-his-groove-and-1.jpg

BroncoManiac_69
04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Bobby has gone beyond words here. What a heart filled and awesome story.

Jordan Jemsek (http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Bobby-Labonte-keeps-up-with-bone-marrow-transplant-recipient-Jordan-Jemsek-042411)

Peanut
05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Be interesting to see what NASCAR does. :D

DOVER!!!

Broncoholic JS
05-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Congrats to Regan Smith locally sponsored by Furniture Row on his win today!!!

CONGRATS REGAN!!!

Freyaka
05-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Harvick about lost an arm....Kyle Busch is a wussy little punk....he can deal it out on the track but runs like a little sissy when harvick threatened to pay him back for his idiotic driving....

sbxxxiichamps
05-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Go Kyle! :D

nTnZobrYba4

I hope Kyle Wrecks him next week to :peace:

But why would Kyle get out of his car and fight Harvick? He's currently 3rd in points. It was the smart decision to not put himself in a position for NASCAR to dock any points from him. If it was the Kyle Busch of a few years ago then he probably would have gotten out of his car, but Kyle has gotten a little smarter since then lol.

BroncoManiac_69
05-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Happy Birthday Bobby Labonte! :beer:

47 in the 47. :cheers:

Too bad that wreck had to ruin your night. :mad:

Good Luck @ Dover! :salute:

Peanut
05-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Harvick about lost an arm....Kyle Busch is a wussy little punk....he can deal it out on the track but runs like a little sissy when harvick threatened to pay him back for his idiotic driving....

A person is strapped in a car. Another person comes over and starts to hit said person strapped in a car. A person that is not in a position to defend himself.

Who's the wussy little punk?

And, I guess you and I saw different things going on on the track. I saw Harvick give Busch the first shot in the back and wouldn't get off of him.

I guess it depends on which driver we like on who we think is wrong or right. :D

Happy Birthday Bobby Labonte! :beer:

47 in the 47. :cheers:

Too bad that wreck had to ruin your night. :mad:

Good Luck @ Dover! :salute:

Happy birthday, Labonte!

He's been good at Dover in the past. With this new ride, I think he could be good again.

Congrats to Regan Smith and team! A one-car-team can still do it!!

Freyaka
05-08-2011, 03:20 PM
A person is strapped in a car. Another person comes over and starts to hit said person strapped in a car. A person that is not in a position to defend himself.

Who's the wussy little punk?

And, I guess you and I saw different things going on on the track. I saw Harvick give Busch the first shot in the back and wouldn't get off of him.

I guess it depends on which driver we like on who we think is wrong or right. :D

Happy birthday, Labonte!

He's been good at Dover in the past. With this new ride, I think he could be good again.

Congrats to Regan Smith and team! A one-car-team can still do it!!

I watched it again since watching it in the heat of the moment and harvick instigated much of that (but I still feel Busch is a little chicken....who cares if he's strapped in ect... Busch was wearing a helmet, what was he really worried that harvick was going to do? Break his hand on his helmet? I doubt Harvick would have done anything more than yell at him a lot had he not seen Busch starting to peel off)

My biggest thing is by driving off like that he could have put people in danger, that car took off out of control and had there been someone standing in a way it would have really hurt someone (possibly even killed) Driving off like that was a very bad move. I probably wouldn't have had as big of an issue with him backing up once harvick got out of the car and pulling around.

Oh well it added some intrest to the race and I actually enjoy the hands off approach that nascars been taking lettin the drivers duke it out it'll make for an interesting race next week.

Peanut
05-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I watched it again since watching it in the heat of the moment and harvick instigated much of that (but I still feel Busch is a little chicken....who cares if he's strapped in ect... Busch was wearing a helmet, what was he really worried that harvick was going to do? Break his hand on his helmet? I doubt Harvick would have done anything more than yell at him a lot had he not seen Busch starting to peel off)

My biggest thing is by driving off like that he could have put people in danger, that car took off out of control and had there been someone standing in a way it would have really hurt someone (possibly even killed) Driving off like that was a very bad move. I probably wouldn't have had as big of an issue with him backing up once harvick got out of the car and pulling around.

I disagree with your first paragraph. I'm a peaceful person, but I would not sit there and let someone go after me. Harvick has a rep of swinging at other drivers.

Agree with the second. Even though I think I understand why he did it, Busch could have hurt someone. I would be disappointed if NASCAR doesn't hit him with a big-time fine (points/money/probation).

I think Harvick should get fined, too.

Freyaka
05-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I disagree with your first paragraph. I'm a peaceful person, but I would not sit there and let someone go after me. Harvick has a rep of swinging at other drivers.

Agree with the second. Even though I think I understand why he did it, Busch could have hurt someone. I would be disappointed if NASCAR doesn't hit him with a big-time fine (points/money/probation).

I think Harvick should get fined, too.

Yea it'd be unfair to fine one and not the other but the thing about it is if they do fine them it kinds of goes against what they said they were going to do (let the boys have at it)

I think Busch deserves a fine for putting Harvicks driverless car into the wall but you can't fine him and not fine harvick for taking a swing at him (though I don't have a beef with that, sometimes the best way to solve a problem between to drivers is just let them duke it out :) ) Though I know from your previous statements you'd disagree with that and I get that, I don't think your wrong I just enjoy the driver drama and miss the good ole days when you'd see a fist fight in the infield.

Peanut
05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
"These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over,"

I guess they can be aggressive on the track, but not on pit road. I think that's a good call. They were both wrong.

•Harvick -Busch fined, probation: per a Kevin Harvick tweet: "4 weeks probation and $25,000 fine....I understand because of the car on pit road.." And from ESPN.com: Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch were placed on four weeks' probation and fined $25,000 Tuesday for their pit road confrontation following Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Darlington Raceway. Harvick tweeted about his penalty and officials from Kevin Harvick Inc. confirmed the punishment Tuesday.
AND NASCAR has penalized NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick as a result of rules infractions committed at last weekend's event at Darlington Raceway. Busch, driver of the #18 car, and Harvick, driver of the #29 car, have each been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events until June 15 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  involved in an altercation on pit road after the conclusion of the race). "These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over," said Kerry Tharp, senior director for communications, competition. "They are about maintaining a safe environment on pit road."(NASCAR)(5-10-2011)

CoryWinget81
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
On the Harvick/Busch ordeal, I think the penalties were steep so this is very, VERY frowned upon. Someone could get hurt at best, killed at worst.

Smoke was just on Nascar Now talking about the annual "Prelude to a Dream" race. This year they are letting small business owners register, and if Smoke wins, they'll donate 1 million bucks to the winner of the small business entry.

In addition to that, this is a great race and lots of money gets made for charity. Good for these guys, and good for Tony.

I just wish he'd win a race this year. :(

Peanut
05-13-2011, 10:02 PM
On the Harvick/Busch ordeal, I think the penalties were steep so this is very, VERY frowned upon. Someone could get hurt at best, killed at worst.

Smoke was just on Nascar Now talking about the annual "Prelude to a Dream" race. This year they are letting small business owners register, and if Smoke wins, they'll donate 1 million bucks to the winner of the small business entry.

In addition to that, this is a great race and lots of money gets made for charity. Good for these guys, and good for Tony.

I just wish he'd win a race this year. :(

I hope Tony wins.

I hope Tony wins.

:D

Okay. That wasn't funny. Well, I thought it was, but that's because I'm tired.

I thought today's Truck race was going to be a little boring without my main driver, but it sure wasn't.

I forgot my camera this morning (we were still in the driveway). Told hubby, I had to have it so that I could take pictures of Kyle doing his burnout. :D

If I get the pictures loaded in the next couple of days, I'll post a couple.

I love Dover. It's such a great track.

Peanut
05-15-2011, 10:18 AM
If they want to see some passing, they need to keep the camera on Kyle. :D

Southstander
05-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Congrats to Edwards on winning the All Star Race.

Southstander
05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Kyle Busch was sighted for doing 128MPH in a 45MPH Zone.

Freyaka
05-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Kyle Busch was sighted for doing 128MPH in a 45MPH Zone.

He said he was testing a new sportscar.

The untold story was he thought he saw Kevin Harvick behind him and decided to run away :P

Another indication of how boneheaded and wreckless Busch can be....

Southstander
05-24-2011, 09:51 PM
He said he was testing a new sportscar.

The untold story was he thought he saw Kevin Harvick behind him and decided to run away :P

Another indication of how boneheaded and wreckless Busch can be....

I have tried to respect him, but he keeps pulling stuff like this.

roushmartin6
05-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Well once again Mark Martin gets wrecked while driving the grocery getter that Hendrick is putting on the track now. Can't wait till he gets off this sinking ship, hopefully to Red Bull Racing

Freyaka
05-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Well once again Mark Martin gets wrecked while driving the grocery getter that Hendrick is putting on the track now. Can't wait till he gets off this sinking ship, hopefully to Red Bull Racing

I know he's your driver and I mean no offense but just like my driver (labonte) I don't think the car is the issue, Martin needs to get his rocking chair back from fox and use it this time he's the Brett Favre of Nascar. (though I will admit for an old man he's still racing better than half the men his age I wish Bobby still could drive a car that well or at least finish on the lead lap)

On another Hendrick related note, I'm getting massively tired of people making comments like "hard to win a race when you got no talent" when refering to Dale Jr, if his last name wasn't Earnhardt people would be talking about he's had a successful career but since he's Dale Jr since he doesn't already have 7 championships he's just not a talented driver....

News flash!! He's not his father (few not named Jimmie Johnson have as much talent as his dad did) It's time to stop using his dad to messure his success and realize that for his career (411 races) he has 18 wins 93 top 5's 156 top 10's 49 dnf's and average start of 16.8 and average finish of 16.5

As a comparison lets toss Bobby Labonte (a championship driver) out there
630 career races 21 wins 115 top 5's 200 top 10's 93 dnf's average start 19.4 average finish 19.2

How about Matt Kenseth? 20 wins 105 top 5's 194 top 10's 38 dnf's average start 19.9 average finish 14.9

I think it's stupid because people never say crap like that kenseth doesn't have talent or that he's not good enough yet Dale Jr who puts up similar numbers (and has a championship) never gets crap....

I wish people would start messuring Jr off his own merits instead of talking about how he doesn't live up to his fathers legacy...

Southstander
05-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I think Little Dale is racing on his name and that's about it.

Southstander
06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Kyle Busch, Richard Childress involved in physical confrontation after Sat. NASCAR Truck Series race

He needs to be suspended for the rest of the season for all three series. Then maybe he will get his head on right.

Freyaka
06-05-2011, 05:44 AM
He needs to be suspended for the rest of the season for all three series. Then maybe he will get his head on right.

To go into a bit more (awesome) detail

http://www.nascar.com/news/110604/rchildress-kybusch-altercation-kansas/index.html?eref=%2Fdrivers%2Fdps%2Fkybusch

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR is looking into reports of an altercation between team owner Richard Childress and owner/driver Kyle Busch, NASCAR officials confirmed Saturday.

Details were sketchy, but the altercation reportedly occurred after Saturday's Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway, won by Clint Bowyer, who drives for Childress in the Sprint Cup Series.

Pit reporter Ray Dunlap posted the following on his Twitter account after the race: "Hot news from the track. Grandpa Childress put a whipping on Kyle Busch in the Truck garage. Look for big sun glasses on kubu sun."

(Dunlap actually meant "KyBu," the twitter shorthand for Kyle Busch. "KuBu" refers to brother Kurt Busch.)

Later, Jeff Gluck of SB Nation reported, "Kyle Busch was put into a headlock and punched several times by famed team owner Richard Childress before falling to the ground, according to several people with direct knowledge of an altercation ..."

Busch finished sixth in his No. 18 Toyota after racing hard for fifth against RCR driver Joey Coulter, who passed Busch for the position on the final lap. After the checkered flag, Busch drove up beside Coulter and bumped the No. 22 truck.

Bill Janitz, a spokesman for Busch, told The Associated Press in an email that "there won't be any comment tonight." A phone message left for Richard Childress Racing seeking comment was not immediately returned.

Busch is on probation for all NASCAR events through June 15, the result of a post-race, pit-road confrontation between Busch and Kevin Harvick at Darlington.

Bout time someone did this, it's all the more awesome that childress is the one to do it :) The part about the headlock and hitting him again makes it all the better!

Southstander
06-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Love RC. :salute:

Peanut
06-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Love RC. :salute:

I don't. And, it has nothing to do with me liking Kyle. Can you guys say the same with your dislike of him?

You know how many people give a little bump like that? Happens a lot.
During a caution, during the race, after the race.

For Childress to go physical on anyone for something like that, is uncalled for, IMO. I don't care if it's "old school".

Apparently, as of now, NASCAR doesn't think Kyle did anything wrong.

If I was Kyle? I'd press assault charges on RC. But, he's nicer than I am.

Southstander
06-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Peanut. Yes I can. I called output. Edwards last year for his actions. I lost a ton of respect for him because of his actions. I do not let my allegiances color how I view someones actions.

SyxxSynse
06-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Childress did what he did not because of a little donut on the side of the a truck, but for alot of things going back a while. Saturday was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

SyxxSynse
06-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Childress fined $150,000, but he still wins...

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu154/TrumpetJ/b0605chil3.jpg

Southstander
06-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Jeff Gordon!!

Southstander
06-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Jeff Gordon has tied Darrell Waltrip and Bobby Allison for third most alltime in series wins.

Southstander
06-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Kyle Busch docked 6 pts (car failed post-race inspection at Pocono); now 31 pts behind Carl Edwards

Southstander
06-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Cale Yalborough 3x Cup Champ
Darrell Waltrip 3x Cup Champ 84 Wins
Dale Inman 193 wins and 8 Cups Crew Chief
Richie Evans 8 Consecutive Modified Series Champs 9 Total
Glenn Wood Owner

Southstander
06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Red Bull is leaving NASCAR.

canadiansbronco
06-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Red Bull is leaving NASCAR.

where did you see that ?

Freyaka
06-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Anyone else notice how freaking boring racing's got this year?

I had to turn away from the race this week to watch golf because that was more exciting that nascar.....

Hope they figure out how to make it enjoyable again, I'm not sure what it's missing at this point but it's becoming a snore fest.

Southstander
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
where did you see that ?

On ESPN NASCAR Now.

BroncosFanInPA
06-28-2011, 09:44 AM

I had to turn away from the race this week to watch golf because that was more exciting that nascar.....

Hope they figure out how to make it enjoyable again, I'm not sure what it's missing at this point but it's becoming a snore fest.

Yeah i agree, & i really hate how they have started racing at Daytona & Talledega, stupid 2 car hookup, i want pack racing back.

CoryWinget81
06-28-2011, 09:48 AM

It's because they've lawyered the hell out of the rules and the sport. Points mean everything, and NASCAR's answer to any infraction, small or large, on the track or off the track is to start taking points.

No one wants to get into it any more, no one wants to mix it up.

Everyone wants to keep their heads down and drive so they don't get penalized.

Nascar has sucked the fun out of NASCAR. It's slowly happening in the NFL too.

BroncosFanInPA
06-28-2011, 09:53 AM
It's because they've lawyered the hell out of the rules and the sport. Points mean everything, and NASCAR's answer to any infraction, small or large, on the track or off the track is to start taking points.

No one wants to get into it any more, no one wants to mix it up.

Everyone wants to keep their heads down and drive so they don't get penalized.

Nascar has sucked the fun out of NASCAR. It's slowly happening in the NFL too.

I'm not so sure about not getting into it anymore, did you see Stewart & Vickers at Sonoma on Sunday? I wasn't exactly pleased to see that because stewart is who i root for, but he had it coming & should not have wrecked vickers to begin with.

CoryWinget81
06-28-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm not so sure about not getting into it anymore, did you see Stewart & Vickers at Sonoma on Sunday? I wasn't exactly pleased to see that because stewart is who i root for, but he had it coming & should not have wrecked vickers to begin with.

Well, that's just Smoke. He, Kurt, and Kevin will always be those kind of guys.

Smoke did have it coming. I think he's starting to vent some frustration.

BroncosFanInPA
06-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, that's just Smoke. He, Kurt, and Kevin will always be those kind of guys.

Smoke did have it coming. I think he's starting to vent some frustration.

I agree, it's been a rough year for him, had a chance to win at least 3 or 4 races already & if something could go wrong it has, i'm getting frustrated as well.

And yeah harvick won't take anything from anybody, but smoke has been too complacent lately, hopefully this sparks some fire in him.

BroncosFanInPA
07-03-2011, 07:10 AM
What a wild & crazy finish last night but hey that's Daytona for ya. And good deal for David Ragan, glad he finally got his first win out of the way.

BroncoSexyDaddy
07-03-2011, 09:48 PM
http://www.dumage.com/img/misc/f1-hot-girls/f1-hot-girls01.jpg

Southstander
07-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Little Dale sure went off after the race.

BroncosFanInPA
07-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Little Dale sure went off after the race.

I can't blame him, he does not like that stlye of racing & i don't really care for it either, it just don't even look right.

Freyaka
07-04-2011, 10:26 AM
I can't blame him, he does not like that stlye of racing & i don't really care for it either, it just don't even look right.

They've ruined restrictor plate racing....I am happy for Ragan but Nascar is just killing the sport....

andrewmlb
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
went to the race. i actually like it better with the pairing than when there was just two long rows of cars. the lead changes and excitement is definitely there. Junior is just a baby who isnt very good. i loved his dad, but his son is pathetic. i am normally not into bashing athletes but he hasnt proven a thing in nascar as yet everyone cares what he thinks. how bout he improves, then he can have an opinion

CoryWinget81
07-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Did anyone else laugh at Dale Jr?

:laugh:

I was thinking that maybe he was getting back some fundamentals and relearning the race, and might have some instinct take over...

...but that just proved he was the same spoiled little brat he's always been.

BroncosFanInPA
07-08-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm calling it right now, tomorrow night at kentucky there's gonna be smoke rising & he's gonna put a beatdown on the field.

Southstander
07-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm calling it right now, tomorrow night at kentucky there's gonna be smoke rising & he's gonna put a beatdown on the field.

Do you mean Stewart?

BroncosFanInPA
07-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Do you mean Stewart?

Yeah tomorrow is his night, he looked really good in practice

Southstander
07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Yeah tomorrow is his night, he looked really good in practice

CP on it? Smoke v The Field.

BroncosFanInPA
07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
CP on it? Smoke v The Field.

Alright your on!

Southstander
07-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Kyle won tonight's race.

BroncosFanInPA
07-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Kyle won tonight's race.

Yes i know that, & i will be giving it up!!!

BroncosFanInPA
07-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Kyle won tonight's race.

You just had to rub it in didn't you?

Southstander
07-09-2011, 08:18 PM

I was not trying to rub it in. Sorry if it came across that way.

BroncosFanInPA
07-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I was not trying to rub it in. Sorry if it came across that way.

Well you won so enjoy! And i paid up basicly immediately.

Sorry if i come across a little pissed but i am!!!!

Peanut
07-09-2011, 08:54 PM

South usually posts the winner of the race.

Kyle won!!! :dance: :thumb:

^^^ That's rubbing it in. :D

Hope you're in a better mood.

Southstander
07-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Well you won so enjoy! And i paid up basicly immediately.

Sorry if i come across a little pissed but i am!!!!

No worries bro.

BroncosFanInPA
07-10-2011, 07:25 AM
No worries bro.

Well i'm just getting frustrated with this season, i expected him to win by now. Again i apoligize, i was a little drunk also :beer:

sbxxxiichamps
07-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Yay for Kyle Busch! :dance:

I wish I could have watched the race but I was unable :(

Southstander
07-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Man Golden Tate is stupid.

BroncosFanInPA
07-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Man Golden Tate is stupid.

Right on! Let's see him strap in for 3-4 hours with temps. as high as 135 degrees inside that car & then talk.

BroncoSexyDaddy
07-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Golden Tate says NASCAR drivers aren’t athletes, hears it from racing fans

Seahawks receiver Golden Tate stepped into a controversy this week when he went on Twitter and proclaimed that NASCAR drivers aren’t athletes.

Tate was watching the ESPY Awards and saw that NASCAR’s Jimmie Johnson was nominated for male athlete of the year. Tate wasn’t impressed.

“Jimmy johnson up for best athlete???? Um nooo .. Driving a car does not show athleticism,” Tate tweeted.

That led to a bunch of racing fans tweeting back at Tate, telling him he was wrong. But Tate wasn’t backing down.

“Who looks like a better athlete?” Tate asked one NASCAR fans who challenged him on Twitter. “Lebron making a sick play or a guy or Jimmie riding on circles?”

“I’m not saying NASCAR isn’t hard,” Tate added. “I’m just saying u don’t have to be athletic to do that.”

I’m sure I’ll hear it from racing fans now, too, but Tate is obviously right that to call Johnson the best “athlete” is ridiculous. Tate is a much better athlete than Johnson. Every NFL wide receiver is a much better athlete than Johnson.

Of course, if the ESPY Awards were really looking to honor the best “athlete,” they’d nominate a bunch of Olympic decathletes. What the ESPY Awards actually mean when they say “Best Male Athlete” is “Man who has accomplished the most in his sport.” Johnson is a five-time champion in his sport, so it’s easy to see why he was nominated.

When told about Tate’s comments, Johnson extended an invitation for Tate to attend a race. And Tate tweeted that after hearing from passionate NASCAR fans, “I will say my respect for NASCAR has gone up tremendously.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/16/golden-tate-learns-a-lesson-dont-mess-with-nascar-fans/

BroncosFanInPA
07-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Golden Tate says NASCAR drivers aren’t athletes, hears it from racing fans

Seahawks receiver Golden Tate stepped into a controversy this week when he went on Twitter and proclaimed that NASCAR drivers aren’t athletes.

Tate was watching the ESPY Awards and saw that NASCAR’s Jimmie Johnson was nominated for male athlete of the year. Tate wasn’t impressed.

“Jimmy johnson up for best athlete???? Um nooo .. Driving a car does not show athleticism,” Tate tweeted.

That led to a bunch of racing fans tweeting back at Tate, telling him he was wrong. But Tate wasn’t backing down.

“Who looks like a better athlete?” Tate asked one NASCAR fans who challenged him on Twitter. “Lebron making a sick play or a guy or Jimmie riding on circles?”

“I’m not saying NASCAR isn’t hard,” Tate added. “I’m just saying u don’t have to be athletic to do that.”

I’m sure I’ll hear it from racing fans now, too, but Tate is obviously right that to call Johnson the best “athlete” is ridiculous. Tate is a much better athlete than Johnson. Every NFL wide receiver is a much better athlete than Johnson.

Of course, if the ESPY Awards were really looking to honor the best “athlete,” they’d nominate a bunch of Olympic decathletes. What the ESPY Awards actually mean when they say “Best Male Athlete” is “Man who has accomplished the most in his sport.” Johnson is a five-time champion in his sport, so it’s easy to see why he was nominated.

When told about Tate’s comments, Johnson extended an invitation for Tate to attend a race. And Tate tweeted that after hearing from passionate NASCAR fans, “I will say my respect for NASCAR has gone up tremendously.”
Permalink 210 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories

I can understand what he's trying to say about athletic but what he fails to realize is that every sport is different & requires a different skill set to be succesful.

Is he going to say something about golfers? or what about baseball players? just because your not out there running around & getting hit should not take away from what it does take to compete in your respective sport.

P.S. on a side note Smoke starts outside front row tommorrow, Go Smoke!!

BroncoSexyDaddy
07-16-2011, 08:18 AM
I can understand what he's trying to say about athletic but what he fails to realize is that every sport is different & requires a different skill set to be succesful.

Is he going to say something about golfers? or what about baseball players? just because your not out there running around & getting hit should not take away from what it does take to compete in your respective sport.

P.S. on a side note Smoke starts outside front row tommorrow, Go Smoke!!I'm sure glad McDaniels didn't draft Tate,we would be among the most hated teams by Nascar fans.

Thors Hammer
07-16-2011, 09:33 AM
NASCAR drivers aren't atheletes???

Wasn't there an NFL player a few years back who couldn't finish Mark Martin rigorous workout routine?

Southstander
07-16-2011, 12:04 PM
NASCAR drivers aren't atheletes???

Wasn't there an NFL player a few years back who couldn't finish Mark Martin rigorous workout routine?

I endorse this post.

sbxxxiichamps
07-17-2011, 09:37 AM
With Kyle Busch's win in the Nationwide Series at New Hampshire he has become only the third NASCAR driver to win at least 100 races.

You don't have to like the guy but gotta admit...Thats Impressive!!!

Go KYLE!!!!

BroncosFanInPA
07-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Awsome day & weekend for Stewart-Haas Racing as Newman & Smoke qaulify 1-2 & back it up with a 1-2 finish, i only wish it was in reverse order but tony was so thrilled. I think they are on there way back!

On a side note they said the last time a team qualified 1-2 & finished in that same order was back in 1988. Congrats on that!!! :salute:

Peanut
07-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Awsome day & weekend for Stewart-Haas Racing as Newman & Smoke qaulify 1-2 & back it up with a 1-2 finish, i only wish it was in reverse order but tony was so thrilled. I think they are on there way back!

On a side note they said the last time a team qualified 1-2 & finished in that same order was back in 1988. Congrats on that!!! :salute:

I think Stewart let Newman win, which was a good business call.

Tony had the car. With Newman winning, it locks him into the Chase.

Usually, I don't like "team orders" like in other forms of racing, but when you're the driver/owner...Good call.

Congrats to Tony and Newman.

BroncosFanInPA
07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I think Stewart let Newman win, which was a good business call.

Tony had the car. With Newman winning, it locks him into the Chase.

Usually, I don't like "team orders" like in other forms of racing, but when you're the driver/owner...Good call.

Congrats to Tony and Newman.

That thought crossed my mind but only for a split second, there's no way he would let him win because he needs the win just as bad to try & lock himself in, he just ran out of laps. I say 1 or 2 more at the most he catches him, but that's the way it goes.

Smoke will get his & when he does look out because they come in bunches!

Freyaka
07-18-2011, 12:36 AM
That thought crossed my mind but only for a split second, there's no way he would let him win because he needs the win just as bad to try & lock himself in, he just ran out of laps. I say 1 or 2 more at the most he catches him, but that's the way it goes.

Smoke will get his & when he does look out because they come in bunches!

I'm thinking smoke is going to get another championship (this time as an owner/driver or just owner) within the next 2 years. That group as a whole is making huge progress and I think it's only a matter of time.

On a side note how bout that 47 huh?? I'll take 7th place anyday!

BroncosFanInPA
07-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to Paul Menard for getting his 1st career win, seems to be a recurring theme this year, Regan Smith, Brad Keselowski, David Ragan & now Menard.

It's been an unusual year to this point, all these new 1st time winners & guys like stewart, biffle, kahne, bowyer & burton yet to win.

Peanut
07-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to Paul Menard for getting his 1st career win, seems to be a recurring theme this year, Regan Smith, Brad Keselowski, David Ragan & now Menard.

It's been an unusual year to this point, all these new 1st time winners & guys like stewart, biffle, kahne, bowyer & burton yet to win.

Wasn't that a great win? Loved the interview with John. Such history. Glad it was at Indy.

BroncosFanInPA
08-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Looks like Danica Patrick is moving on to NASCAR full time in the Nationwide series & part time in Cup.

http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/news/110802/dpatrick-finalizing-full-time-nationwide-jr-motorsports/index.html

It will be very intersting to see how well she does & how long it will take for her to be competitive, i know she has improved greatly over the last 3 or 4 races she has run so i think she is capable of doing it.

Southstander
08-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I was pulling for Gordon to make that pass on the last lap. However, congrats to Paul on win #1.

Southstander
08-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Reports have Carl Edwards staying put.

BroncosFanInPA
08-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Did anybody see the Nationwide race last night? It was the carziest finish to a race that i think i have ever witnessed. If you didn't see it you have to check this out, it may take a minute for the video to load.

http://www.nascar.com/video/post-race/final-laps/110806/nns-iow2-high-final/index.html

Southstander
08-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Two crewmen for Juan Pablo Montoya fired by Earnhardt Ganassi Racing for drug trafficking charges.

BroncosFanInPA
08-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Two crewmen for Juan Pablo Montoya fired by Earnhardt Ganassi Racing for drug trafficking charges.

Ha! Imagine that, for the driver from Colombia, go figure

Southstander
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM

I thought the same thing. I wonder IF JPM knew about this. Not accusing him or implying antony thing.

Peanut
08-14-2011, 10:55 AM

Stereotyping? :mad:

When you can find proof that Montoya had any connection to this, I'll listen.

Jerome Frey and Trevor Lysne are the two members.

Rain delay at a road course? All other forms of racing that race on road courses, race in the rain.

How's that for a sentence? :smug:

BroncosFanInPA
08-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Stereotyping? :mad:

When you can find proof that Montoya had any connection to this, I'll listen.

Jerome Frey and Trevor Lysne are the two members.

Rain delay at a road course? All other forms of racing that race on road courses, race in the rain.

How's that for a sentence? :smug:

Seriously? I was kidding around more than anything & never implied Montoya had anything to do with it!!

Peanut
08-14-2011, 01:58 PM

Seriously? I was kidding around more than anything & never implied Montoya had anything to do with it!!

I must have misunderstood. I thought you meant that "the driver from Columbia" was Montoya.

And "Ha!" = :P or ;) or :D . Not the derisive "Ha!" I took it for.

BroncosFanInPA
08-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I must have misunderstood. I thought you meant that "the driver from Columbia" was Montoya.

And "Ha!" = :P or ;) or :D . Not the derisive "Ha!" I took it for.

Yes i think it was misunderstood, like i said i was really just joking around about it. I mean we know what Colombia is known for & the fact two of montoya's crew members were busted i just thought it was rather ironic.

I guess it was my bad on getting the funny part across but it happens on these boards, i would know because i have misunderstood stuff that was supposed to be funny.

Southstander
08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
The race at the Glenn was postponed.

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 09:08 PM

That really sicks.

Posted!!!

Southstander
08-14-2011, 09:11 PM
That really sicks.

Posted!!!

What is "sicks"?

Peanut
08-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes i think it was misunderstood, like i said i was really just joking around about it. I mean we know what Colombia is known for & the fact two of montoya's crew members were busted i just thought it was rather ironic.

I guess it was my bad on getting the funny part across but it happens on these boards, i would know because i have misunderstood stuff that was supposed to be funny.

If we were sitting around, having a cup of coffee, there would be no misunderstanding. It's hard to hear or see a smile in print.

They should race in the rain! :D

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 09:14 PM
What is "sicks"?

I meant "sucks". The "i" is right next to the "u".

Southstander
08-14-2011, 09:19 PM
I meant "sucks". The "i" is right next to the "u".

I am next to you....?

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 09:21 PM
I am next to you....?

I wish! How cool would that be to be side by side sharin a drink??

Southstander
08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I wish! How cool would that be to be side by side sharin a drink??

:beer::beer::salute:

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 09:43 PM
:beer::beer::salute:

You nailed it!

And AFB is till mine!!!!!! :laugh:

Southstander
08-14-2011, 09:52 PM
You nailed it!

And AFB is till mine!!!!!! :laugh:

Check again.

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Check again.

Damn it all!!!!! :arg:!!!!!

Southstander
08-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Still not you.

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Still not you.

Jerk. :laugh:

Southstander
08-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Jerk. :laugh:

Takes one to know one loser. Wait that would make me a loser. Scratch that.

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Takes one to know one loser. Wait that would make me a loser. Scratch that.

Yeah, you really aren't a loser. I guess it's a term of endearment. Is it bedtime yet??

Southstander
08-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah, you really aren't a loser. I guess it's a term of endearment. Is it bedtime yet??

Just about.

ebsoria
08-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Just about.

Then on that note methinks I'll pop open one more and wish you a god night!

Cheers!!

Southstander
08-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Then on that note methinks I'll pop open one more and wish you a god night!

Cheers!!

Sleep well. Have one more Ice Cold Southweisers.

Southstander
08-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Ambrose wins the Race at the Glenn.

Peanut
08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
As some have noticed, I use this thread for all racing, since I would probably be talking to myself most of the time. :P

Open-wheel is my first love in racing, but I have never been to a live race. When I heard that IndyCars were coming to Baltimore, I got so excited. As it got closer, for some reason my excitement died and I waited too long and the better tickets were gone.

It might not be a bad thing to miss the first race here. There's been protests about cutting trees down, the BRD is being sued. I've taken the train for baseball and football games, I can't imagine this going smoothly.

Chaos doesn't sound like fun to me.

I think I'll wait until next year. :D

It is interesting to see how a city gets ready for the event, though.

BroncosFanInPA
08-18-2011, 07:37 AM
As some have noticed, I use this thread for all racing, since I would probably be talking to myself most of the time. :P
Open-wheel is my first love in racing, but I have never been to a live race. When I heard that IndyCars were coming to Baltimore, I got so excited. As it got closer, for some reason my excitement died and I waited too long and the better tickets were gone.

It might not be a bad thing to miss the first race here. There's been protests about cutting trees down, the BRD is being sued. I've taken the train for baseball and football games, I can't imagine this going smoothly.

Chaos doesn't sound like fun to me.

I think I'll wait until next year. :D

It is interesting to see how a city gets ready for the event, though.
Actually this is how i feel, as i have posted a few different topics with links to them & i thought they were worth discussing but nobody responded to them.

One of those i really thought that you would have noticed & enjoyed, maybe you just did not see it, but it was about Danic Patrick moving on to NASCAR full time.

As far as going to a live race, let me tell you there's nothing quite like it. It is a great atmosphere & like one big giant party. I will say though traffic can get really bad, especially getting out.It also gets really loud but i usually have a headset.

You really should try to experience it at least once, you should go to Richmond for the final race before the chase, that is one of if not the best track's to go to a race.

Peanut
08-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Actually this is how i feel, as i have posted a few different topics with links to them & i thought they were worth discussing but nobody responded to them.

One of those i really thought that you would have noticed & enjoyed, maybe you just did not see it, but it was about Danic Patrick moving on to NASCAR full time.

As far as going to a live race, let me tell you there's nothing quite like it. It is a great atmosphere & like one big giant party. I will say though traffic can get really bad, especially getting out.It also gets really loud but i usually have a headset.

You really should try to experience it at least once, you should go to Richmond for the final race before the chase, that is one of if not the best track's to go to a race.

We've been to lots of NASCAR races, including Richmond. I was talking about open-wheel races. Dover is our home track. Last year, we let our "season" tickets go for the September Cup race.

I saw your comment on Patrick. I didn't comment because she's not my favorite. I don't like all the hype surrounding her. There's some aspects of her career that I don't like.

I couldn't add anything positive, so I kept my mouth shut. :P

Southstander
08-18-2011, 09:19 AM
I also grew up loving to watch CART races. But after the splot with the IRL I have not been able to get it to it. I only watch the Indy 500. At lnly point my displeasure with the IRL was so big, with out knowing who I was talking to, I insulted just aboit every driver in a skathing tirade to Buzz Calkins.:eek:

Peanut, go to the race. You will never geat the chance again to see the inaugural races. Years ago I went to the first two Grand Prix of Denver, and loved it.

BroncosFanInPA
08-18-2011, 09:36 AM
We've been to lots of NASCAR races, including Richmond. I was talking about open-wheel races. Dover is our home track. Last year, we let our "season" tickets go for the September Cup race.

I saw your comment on Patrick. I didn't comment because she's not my favorite. I don't like all the hype surrounding her. There's some aspects of her career that I don't like.

I couldn't add anything positive, so I kept my mouth shut. :P

I was thinking maybe that's what you meant but wasn't sure. So what other tracks have you been to? We have gone to Ricmond, Bristol, Martinsville, Pocono (not a good race to attend) & Las Vegas, I suppose Dover is the only one in the area we have missed & would have been next but just can't afford it right now.

And i'm curious as to what exactly it is you don't care for with Danica, yes i know the hype & coverage of her is through the roof but lets' face it, she is after all a female in a predominatley all male sport & i think that she doesn't do half bad.

Southstander
08-18-2011, 12:48 PM
The problem I have with her is right now she is all sizzle and no steak. The only reason she gets the ammount of attention she does is 99.95% based on her looks. She has only won one race in the Indy Car series and that was more of an exabition then a "real" race. I also dislike her "Go Daddy" commericals. They are in bad taste. Is she a beautiful woman? Yes. I think she rides on that more then what she does behind the wheel.

Let's be honest if she looked like Ed Asner in drag she would not be a household name.

BroncosFanInPA
08-18-2011, 01:17 PM
The problem I have with her is right now she is all sizzle and no steak. The only reason she gets the ammount of attention she does is 99.95% based on her looks. She has only won one race in the Indy Car series and that was more of an exabition then a "real" race. I also dislike her "Go Daddy" commericals. They are in bad taste. Is she a beautiful woman? Yes. I think she rides on that more then what she does behind the wheel.

Let's be honest if she looked like Ed Asner in drag she would not be a household name.

For what it's worth in 2010 she started 13 Nationwide races & had no top 5 or top 10 finishes with an average fininsh of 28.

Compare that to 2011 she has 6 starts & has 1 top 5 & 3 top 10's with an average finish of 14.6.

That is some major improvemnet & i think she will eventually have a shot to win, there are some open wheel stars who tried to jump to NASCAR & failed like Sam Hornish, Patrick Carpentier. So the way she's approaching it is the proper way, she is slowly working into it, not just trying to jump right in.

Southstander
08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
For what it's worth in 2010 she started 13 Nationwide races & had no top 5 or top 10 finishes with an average fininsh of 28.

Compare that to 2011 she has 6 starts & has 1 top 5 & 3 top 10's with an average finish of 14.6.

That is some major improvemnet & i think she will eventually have a shot to win, there are some open wheel stars who tried to jump to NASCAR & failed like Sam Hornish, Patrick Carpentier. So the way she's approaching it is the proper way, she is slowly working into it, not just trying to jump right in.

How many drivers in the Nationwide Series with an avarage finish of 14 would the average American know?

BroncosFanInPA
08-18-2011, 02:06 PM
How many drivers in the Nationwide Series with an avarage finish of 14 would the average American know?

Are you trying to imply that's not good? Because it is an average of all the races combined & just so you know my man Stewart has an average fininsh of 14.7 this year in cup, you have heard of that guy right???

BroncosFanInPA
08-18-2011, 02:15 PM

Ok so i did a little searching and since you think nobody would know here is a list

Brad Keselowski - 20 starts - avg. fininsh 11.3
Kevin Harvick - 10 starts - avg. fininsh 13
Trevor Bayne - 18 starts - avg. finish 14
Clint Boywer - 5 starts - avg. finish 15.6

These are all Natonwide stats.

BroncosFanInPA
08-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow!! So i back up my point with some cold hard facts & that's the end of the discussion? Ok got it :thumb: I see how things are.

Southstander
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Ok so i did a little searching and since you think nobody would know here is a list

Brad Keselowski - 20 starts - avg. fininsh 11.3
Kevin Harvick - 10 starts - avg. fininsh 13
Trevor Bayne - 18 starts - avg. finish 14
Clint Boywer - 5 starts - avg. finish 15.6

These are all Natonwide stats.

Thank you for proving my point. Everyone of the drivers have won "real" races on the Cup level. That is why most race fans know them. I have been a race fan for decades and I had no idea who Bayne was till he won the Daytona. Same with Keslowski, I did not know about him till he almost killed Carl Edwards.

The avarage American, that does not follow racing, could not yell you who Regan Smith or Trevor Bane are, and the have won Cup races.

Southstander
08-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Are you trying to imply that's not good? Because it is an average of all the races combined & just so you know my man Stewart has an average fininsh of 14.7 this year in cup, you have heard of that guy right???

Not in the slightest. Where on earth did you get that? What I said was that the average American does not know that many racing names. The ones that they know have won multipul races.

Peanut
08-18-2011, 10:16 PM
I was thinking maybe that's what you meant but wasn't sure. So what other tracks have you been to? We have gone to Ricmond, Bristol, Martinsville, Pocono (not a good race to attend) & Las Vegas, I suppose Dover is the only one in the area we have missed & would have been next but just can't afford it right now.

And i'm curious as to what exactly it is you don't care for with Danica, yes i know the hype & coverage of her is through the roof but lets' face it, she is after all a female in a predominatley all male sport & i think that she doesn't do half bad.

Dover, multiple times. Richmond, once and Pocono twice. I like Pocono. Where we sat, we could almost see the whole track. It's so much bigger than Dover.

Patrick---I guess I'm a little more critical of females going into male dominated sports. She's a good driver, yes. I just wish she concentrated on that. Leave the bikini shots and the suggestive Go Daddy ads out. Yes, I know the guys do it, but, when a female wants to be taken seriously and wants to play with the big boys, I think it would have been better if she hadn't done those things.

Two (?) years ago, when she first started seriously looking into getting into NASCAR, she wanted to go straight into Cup. She thought she was good enough and didn't want to bother with the feeder system. She stated that. My guess is that Jr and Stewart had some talks with her. :D

BroncosFanInPA
08-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Thank you for proving my point. Everyone of the drivers have won "real" races on the Cup level. That is why most race fans know them. I have been a race fan for decades and I had no idea who Bayne was till he won the Daytona. Same with Keslowski, I did not know about him till he almost killed Carl Edwards.

The avarage American, that does not follow racing, could not yell you who Regan Smith or Trevor Bane are, and the have won Cup races.

Real races? What exactly is a real race? Nationwide races are not real? :smash: You do realize that's where alot of these drivers cut there teeth & get there start.

As for that second part there in bold, you lost me because i would not expect somebody who does not follow nascar to know most names not just the ones you mention, so i'm not sure where you are going with that one, but if we are talking about avgerage nascar fan, yes you know these names.

For example: To the point as you put it average american who doesn't follow nascar, if i asked who Matt Kenseth is who would know? But he has won the cup championship. So you see i'm not understanding your point, if you don't follow nascar you won't know hardly anybody but if you do follow nascar you will know who is who, i sure know who all these drivers are.

One other point i'd like to make is winning is not everything at least for some to be recognized. Take Joey Logano for example, he was given the nickname "the greatest thing since sliced bread" & he was the next big star & was gonna do this & do that & everybody knew who he was, yet in nearly 3 years he has 1 win & that came in a rain shortend race. So i guess it goes both ways.

Southstander
08-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Real races? What exactly is a real race? Nationwide races are not real? :smash: You do realize that's where alot of these drivers cut there teeth & get there start.

As for that second part there in bold, you lost me because i would not expect somebody who does not follow nascar to know most names not just the ones you mention, so i'm not sure where you are going with that one, but if we are talking about avgerage nascar fan, yes you know these names.

For example: To the point as you put it average american who doesn't follow nascar, if i asked who Matt Kenseth is who would know? But he has won the cup championship. So you see i'm not understanding your point, if you don't follow nascar you won't know hardly anybody but if you do follow nascar you will know who is who, i sure know who all these drivers are.

One other point i'd like to make is winning is not everything at least for some to be recognized. Take Joey Logano for example, he was given the nickname "the greatest thing since sliced bread" & he was the next big star & was gonna do this & do that & everybody knew who he was, yet in nearly 3 years he has 1 win & that came in a rain shortend race. So i guess it goes both ways.

The only thing you said that aplies to what I am talking about it that you missed my point. First, I was NOT saying Nationwide races are not real. I was talking about Danica lone win. While it was a "race" the Twin Rings in Japan is moslty filled with rookies to get in to Indy Car.

My whole point is that Danica is over hyped. Once again the avarage American has no clue who, as you said, Kenesth is, but they know who Danica is. I would much rather deivers that have won races be known as drivers. That is my point. Is it clear? She has gotten where she because of her looks more then because of driving. The worst thing is she is seemingly ok with this. To me she is model that races in her spear time, not a race r that does the occasional photo shoot.

To yout point about winning, my Uncle has been a head since the 50's, and follows racing. He thinks she has won MULIPUL races when she is at best middle of the packer. Your point about Joey does not fit. Prior to his win how many knew who he was? How many know who Danica is? Remember we are talking avarage none racing fans.

BroncosFanInPA
08-19-2011, 10:41 AM
The only thing you said that aplies to what I am talking about it that you missed my point. First, I was NOT saying Nationwide races are not real. I was talking about Danica lone win. While it was a "race" the Twin Rings in Japan is moslty filled with rookies to get in to Indy Car.

My whole point is that Danica is over hyped. Once again the avarage American has no clue who, as you said, Kenesth is, but they know who Danica is. I would much rather deivers that have won races be known as drivers. That is my point. Is it clear? She has gotten where she because of her looks more then because of driving. The worst thing is she is seemingly ok with this. To me she is model that races in her spear time, not a race r that does the occasional photo shoot.

To yout point about winning, my Uncle has been a head since the 50's, and follows racing. He thinks she has won MULIPUL races when she is at best middle of the packer. Your point about Joey does not fit. Prior to his win how many knew who he was? How many know who Danica is? Remember we are talking avarage none racing fans.

Ok fair enough i think we were just misunderstanding each other on some points, except the bolded part. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree at this point.

Only reason i say that is you can't just put anybody in a race car & have the same results. I know Danica has not run at the front in Indy car but ask yourself this, could you or i or millions of other people for that matter get in the car & run with her, i seriously doubt it.

Southstander
08-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Ok fair enough i think we were just misunderstanding each other on some points, except the bolded part. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree at this point.

Only reason i say that is you can't just put anybody in a race car & have the same results. I know Danica has not run at the front in Indy car but ask yourself this, could you or i or millions of other people for that matter get in the car & run with her, i seriously doubt it.

That's why I used the word "more" in that sentence. Yes she has to have have skill to race and finish where she does. She just trades more on her looks then her driving.

Southstander
08-26-2011, 06:58 PM
With 50 wins Kyle Busch is now th time Series leader.

Southstander
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Jeff Gordon wins in Atlanta and moves into third place all time with 85 wins.

Freyaka
09-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Jeff Gordon wins in Atlanta and moves into third place all time with 85 wins.

Anyone else getting the feeling that come end of the year Jimmie Johnson won't be the only "five time" in nascar? Jeff's getting on a hot streak when it counts most and his 3 wins will put him (I believe) in the points lead after richmond.

On a side note I love Clint Bowyers nickname for Juan Pablo "the Jackass" Montoya, great stuff. I really don't think there is anyone in the nascar garage that likes him (I know a guy that works on the team of a kid that occasionally drives in the truck series and he says Montoya and Hamlin are the two least friendly people in the garage)

Southstander
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I would love for Jeff to join Jimmie, Dale and King Richard.

I wouls also love Jimmie to be Mr 6.

BroncosFanInPA
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I would love for Jeff to join Jimmie, Dale and King Richard.

I wouls also love Jimmie to be Mr 6.

That there is enough to make me want to throw up & then do this :brick: & then this :shake: & maybe even this :hammer:

Sorry but it's about dam time for somebody else to win.

BroncosFanInPA
09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Anyone else getting the feeling that come end of the year Jimmie Johnson won't be the only "five time" in nascar? Jeff's getting on a hot streak when it counts most and his 3 wins will put him (I believe) in the points lead after richmond.
On a side note I love Clint Bowyers nickname for Juan Pablo "the Jackass" Montoya, great stuff. I really don't think there is anyone in the nascar garage that likes him (I know a guy that works on the team of a kid that occasionally drives in the truck series and he says Montoya and Hamlin are the two least friendly people in the garage)

Actually Kyle Busch will have the point lead because he has 4 wins. Gordon will be tied for 2nd with Harvick who also has 3 wins. Busch would start the chase with 12 points, Gordon & Harvick with 9 points.

About the race at Atlanta, he had a great car all day but i'm telling you what, if there were 5-7 laps more he would not have won that race & it wouldn't have been Johnson beating him either. Stewart was coming so dam fast in the closing laps i could not believe it.

He went from being 13 seconds behind to fininshing 4.5 seconds behind, all in a span of about 10-20 laps remaining & in the final 8 laps went from 8th to 3rd, He was coming like a freight train.

Southstander
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
That there is enough to make me want to throw up & then do this :brick: & then this :shake: & maybe even this :hammer:

Sorry but it's about dam time for somebody else to win.

What if it was Stewart the was about to win his sixth title in a row.

BroncosFanInPA
09-08-2011, 11:30 AM
What if it was Stewart the was about to win his sixth title in a row.

Well it's not Stewart but if it were i would not be upset about it that's for sure. However with that being said, it is not good for the sport or any other sport for that matter to have the same team winning the title 5 years straight.

I mean if he keeps winning over & over & over, at some point people will stop watching, stop going to the track & Nascar will be in big trouble. In fact i'd say that is already occurring, just look at how empty the tracks are these days. Yes the economy has alot to do with it but it's more than that.

destrukt
09-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Kyle Busch.

/Thread

BroncosFanInPA
09-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Yeah Baby!!!! What a way to kick off the chase & what better time for the first win. What an awesome car all day, way to go Smoke!!! :cheers:

Southstander
09-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Tony Stewart won today's race in Chicago.

BroncosFanInPA
09-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Getting hot at just the right time, he's gonna be a serious threat for that title now.

BroncosFanInPA
09-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Lookout Nascar Smoke is a rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Championship here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Southstander
09-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Congrats to Tony and BFiPA.

BroncosFanInPA
09-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Congrats to Tony and BFiPA.

Yeah ironically he start's winning & i get put on probation so my smoke profile is not viewable. :sad:

Southstander
09-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah ironically he start's winning & i get put on probation so my smoke profile is not viewable. :sad:

Ironic......

BroncosFanInPA
09-29-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm not expecting a whole lot this weekend at Dover, smoke has been really bad there over the past couple years & i'm not sure why because at one time it was his best track.

If he can finish in the top 10 on sunday that would be like another win & that's all i'm hoping for, not to lose a bunch of points.

Southstander
09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm not expecting a whole lot this weekend at Dover, smoke has been really bad there over the past couple years & i'm not sure why because at one time it was his best track.

If he can finish in the top 10 on sunday that would be like another win & that's all i'm hoping for, not to lose a bunch of points.

Good luck to you and Tony.

BroncosFanInPA
09-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Good luck to you and Tony.

Thanks South but i think he's beyond luck this week, i followed a little bit of practice earlier today & he is just way off at Dover & i would say he may be lucky to finish anywhere in the top 20 :sad:

By the way sorry about your Sox the other day, i don't follow baseball real closely mainly because of the long schedule & so many games but i am aware of the situations. I was watching that night & must say it was one of the wildest nights in baseball history.

For what it's worth i do follow the Cardinals but it's just hard for me to get into the long season.

Southstander
10-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Kurt Busch win in Dover.

Southstander
10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks South but i think he's beyond luck this week, i followed a little bit of practice earlier today & he is just way off at Dover & i would say he may be lucky to finish anywhere in the top 20 :sad:

By the way sorry about your Sox the other day, i don't follow baseball real closely mainly because of the long schedule & so many games but i am aware of the situations. I was watching that night & must say it was one of the wildest nights in baseball history.

For what it's worth i do follow the Cardinals but it's just hard for me to get into the long season.

Thank you.

BroncosFanInPA
10-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Well unfortunatley i nailed that right on the head. :sad: Man what a miserable race, i don't get how awful he has been at dover in recent years.

Southstander
10-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Jimmie wins in Kansas.

BroncosFanInPA
10-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Smoke qualified on the pole tonight for saturday night's race. The only reason i mention this is because it's a very rare thing for him to do, in fact he typical is one of the worst qualifiers amongst all the top championship contenders.

If he starts a race up front 9 times out of 10 he will be the one you have to beat, simply because he never is up front to start but will make his way there. So when he starts that good it could spell trouble for everybody else.

If that is the case this time remains to be seen but i sure hope so.

Freyaka
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Glad Jimmie is ok physically, also glad he won't likely become 6-time this season after tonight! It's gonna be Harvick/Edwards this season I think

Southstander
10-16-2011, 02:31 PM
I hope Dan Wheldon is ok.

Broncoholic3233
10-16-2011, 03:10 PM
IndyCar driver Dan Wheldon died following a massive 15-car wreck during Sunday's Las Vegas Indy 300.

Wheldon, 33, was injured when his car got airborne after hitting another in the Lap 12 accident, then apparently caught part of the catch fence just outside of Turn 2.

http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/7111712/dan-wheldon-dies-following-indycar-crash-vegas

I don't watch Nascar, just got the text.

RIP Wheldon. Prayers with his family and friends.

LarryDean
10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Very sad how horrific ...

RIP Dan Wheldon