PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

BroncosFanInPA
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Terrible news, RIP Dan Wheldon

KnoMo#27
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Glad Jimmie is ok physically, also glad he won't likely become 6-time this season after tonight! It's gonna be Harvick/Edwards this season I think

As you can see by my avatar go cousin Carl!!!

BroncosFanInPA
10-19-2011, 10:32 AM
So we are halfway through the chase 5 down & 5 to go & now it's off to Talledega, the track that can change everything & flip the chase satanding upside down. So i'm just gonna post the points as they stand now & then come back & compare after dega.

1. Carl Edwards
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Matt Kenseth
4. Kyle Busch
5. Tony Stewart
6. Brad Keselowski
7. Kurt Busch
8. Jimmy Johnson
9. Dale Earnhart Jr.
10. Ryan Newman
11. Jeff Gordon
12. Denny Hamlin

BroncosFanInPA
10-19-2011, 10:37 AM
So we are halfway through the chase 5 down & 5 to go & now it's off to Talledega, the track that can change everything & flip the chase satanding upside down. So i'm just gonna post the points as they stand now & then come back & compare after dega.

1. Carl Edwards --
2. Kevin Harvick -5
3. Matt Kenseth -7
4. Kyle Busch -18
5. Tony Stewart -24
6. Brad Keselowski -25
7. Kurt Busch -27
8. Jimmy Johnson -35
9. Dale Earnhart Jr. -60
10.Ryan Newman -61
11.Jeff Gordon -66
12. Denny Hamlin -86

Sorry about the duplicate post, i accidently hit submit before i was done & cannot go back to edit.

KnoMo#27
10-19-2011, 05:32 PM

1. Carl Edwards --
2. Kevin Harvick -5
3. Matt Kenseth -7
4. Kyle Busch -18
5. Tony Stewart -24
6. Brad Keselowski -25
7. Kurt Busch -27
8. Jimmy Johnson -35
9. Dale Earnhart Jr. -60
10.Ryan Newman -61
11.Jeff Gordon -66
12. Denny Hamlin -86

Sorry about the duplicate post, i accidently hit submit before i was done & cannot go back to edit.

Go cousin Carl. If he gets by Dega and Martinsville with decent finishes then it's safe to say he will probably win the Championship.

KnoMo#27
10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Clint Bowyer wins at Dega passing teammate Burton with a few hundred yards to the finish. My man Carl now has a 14 point lead over teammate Kenseth with 4 races left. :D

BroncosFanInPA
10-26-2011, 07:11 PM
1. Edwards - went in with a 5 point lead & now leads by 14
2. Kenseth - was -7 before & now is -14 so he lost -4 points
3. Keselowski - was -25 before & now is -18 so he gained +7 points
4. Stewart - was -24 before & now is -19 so he gained +5 points
5. Harvick - was -5 before & now is -26 so he lost -21 points
6. Kyle Busch - was -18 before & now is -40 so he lost -22 points
7. Johnson - was -35 before & now is -50 so he lost -15 points
8. Kurt Busch - was -27 before & now is -52 so he lost -25 points
9. Earnhart Jr. - was -60 before & now is -74 so he lost -14 points
10.Gordon - was -66 before & now is -82 so he lost -16 points
11.Hamlin - was -86 before & now is -84 so he gained +2 points
12.Newman - was -61 before & now is -88 so he lost -27 points

So there it is, before Talladega we had 8 drivers within 35 points & with a legitiment shot & after we now have 5 drivers within 26 points & the rest are 40 or more back & IMO out of it. Kyle at -40 would be an outside chance but after him forget about it.

Talladega separated the field more than bring it together with 8 drivers losing points & only 3 gaining & 1 of the 3 was hamlin & he is out of it, so really only Keselowski & Smoke had a good day.

I think it's going to be one heck of a finish & if i had to pick the champ, i'm sticking with my man Smoke, but it's anybodys to win unless Edwards runs in the top 3 from here on out & i just don't see that, especialy at Martinsville, he's never been very good there.

BroncosFanInPA
10-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Edit above post, Kenseth lost -7 points & not -4

KnoMo#27
10-26-2011, 10:08 PM
1. Edwards - went in with a 5 point lead & now leads by 14
2. Kenseth - was -7 before & now is -14 so he lost -4 points
3. Keselowski - was -25 before & now is -18 so he gained +7 points
4. Stewart - was -24 before & now is -19 so he gained +5 points
5. Harvick - was -5 before & now is -26 so he lost -21 points
6. Kyle Busch - was -18 before & now is -40 so he lost -22 points
7. Johnson - was -35 before & now is -50 so he lost -15 points
8. Kurt Busch - was -27 before & now is -52 so he lost -25 points
9. Earnhart Jr. - was -60 before & now is -74 so he lost -14 points
10.Gordon - was -66 before & now is -82 so he lost -16 points
11.Hamlin - was -86 before & now is -84 so he gained +2 points
12.Newman - was -61 before & now is -88 so he lost -27 points

So there it is, before Talladega we had 8 drivers within 35 points & with a legitiment shot & after we now have 5 drivers within 26 points & the rest are 40 or more back & IMO out of it. Kyle at -40 would be an outside chance but after him forget about it.

Talladega separated the field more than bring it together with 8 drivers losing points & only 3 gaining & 1 of the 3 was hamlin & he is out of it, so really only Keselowski & Smoke had a good day.

I think it's going to be one heck of a finish & if i had to pick the champ, i'm sticking with my man Smoke, but it's anybodys to win unless Edwards runs in the top 3 from here on out & i just don't see that, especialy at Martinsville, he's never been very good there.

Ill be happy if Carl gets a top 15 at Martinsville. Then the last 3 races at Texas, Phoenix, and Homestead he is really strong at. Especially Phoenix where he should of won there in the spring until Kyle took him out :mad:.

Southstander
10-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Smoke won.

BroncosFanInPA
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
It's down to a 8 point lead & smoke was asked in the post race interview how he felt about that & he said "he better be worried" referring to Edwards.

Go get em Smoke! :thumb:

KnoMo#27
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
It's down to a 8 point lead & smoke was asked in the post race interview how he felt about that & he said "he better be worried" referring to Edwards.

Go get em Smoke! :thumb:

Go Cousin Carl! This is gonna be an exciting battle between Smoke and Carl. Good luck! :salute:

BroncosFanInPA
11-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Kyle Busch has been parked for the weekend following his actions in the truck race.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111105/kybusch-parked-texas/index.html

Peanut
11-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Kyle Busch has been parked for the weekend following his actions in the truck race.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111105/kybusch-parked-texas/index.html

Doesn't surprise me. Since they did it to Harvick (and the Harvicks "reminded" everyone), I knew they'd do it to Busch. I disagree with the call, though. What happens in Trucks should stay in Trucks. It shouldn't carry over to another series (yeah, I know. It's all NASCAR).

I understand Busch's frustration and the feud between the Harvick camp and his, but when he did that, I'm yelling, That was stupid, Kyle!

CoryWinget81
11-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I agree with the decision to ban him. Grow up and realize you could've killed someone.

BroncosFanInPA
11-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Doesn't surprise me. Since they did it to Harvick (and the Harvicks "reminded" everyone), I knew they'd do it to Busch. I disagree with the call, though. What happens in Trucks should stay in Trucks. It shouldn't carry over to another series (yeah, I know. It's all NASCAR).

I understand Busch's frustration and the feud between the Harvick camp and his, but when he did that, I'm yelling, That was stupid, Kyle!

The problem with that part is he took Ron Hornaday out of contention for the championship & what did Busch lose? Absolutely nothing, so i agree with the decision totally & maybe they should just sit him for the last cup races as well.

The kid has all the talent in the world but he needs to get his temper in check or else he's gonna wind up out of the sport all together if his actions don't change.

I'm also very intersted to see what Joe Gibbs decides to do with him because i think Gibbs is going to have some sort of punishment of his own besides what NASCAR did & it's probably the only way Kyle is ever going to get it in his thick head that he has to change.

Southstander
11-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Sorry Peanut, but I disagree. The punishment should extend to all series. Just like in baseball if a Minor Leaguer is suspended he cannot be called up till his suspension is over. Also the drivers do not leave what happens in the truck series stay in the trucks. Look at Brad and Carl. If the drivers carry over ill fieelings NASCAR has to carry over punishment.

I agree with PA. I think he should have been shut down for the rest of the year. You cannot have drivers intentionally wrecking other cars. It is not safe. If for any reason gor NASCAR to do this would be to swnd a very loud and clear message to all drivers. Especially in the wake of what happened to Dan Weldon.

Peanut
11-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Sorry Peanut, but I disagree. The punishment should extend to all series. Just like in baseball if a Minor Leaguer is suspended he cannot be called up till his suspension is over. Also the drivers do not leave what happens in the truck series stay in the trucks. Look at Brad and Carl. If the drivers carry over ill fieelings NASCAR has to carry over punishment.

I agree with PA. I think he should have been shut down for the rest of the year. You cannot have drivers intentionally wrecking other cars. It is not safe. If for any reason gor NASCAR to do this would be to swnd a very loud and clear message to all drivers. Especially in the wake of what happened to Dan Weldon.

That's cool. I really didn't think anyone would agree with me.

If they parked every driver that intentionally wrecked another driver, they wouldn't be able to field 43 cars. :D

Granted, most of them didn't do it as blatantly and stupidly as Kyle did.

Southstander
11-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Congrays to Tony Stewart.

BroncosFanInPA
11-06-2011, 05:42 PM
WOW!! That's about all i can say right now, i have never seen such a strecth like this when the title is on the line.

Freyaka
11-06-2011, 09:02 PM
God I love the smack talk Tony's throwing out there. This may end up being the most exciting finish to a chase since it's inception.

Southstander
11-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Results

1. Kahne
2. Edwards
3. Stewart

CoryWinget81
11-18-2011, 08:00 PM
"I'd wreck my Mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your Mom to win a championship."

--Smoke

BroncosFanInPA
11-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Well this is it, it all comes down to one final race between 2 drivers seperated by 3 points. In years past there were always the clinching scenarios that would guarantee a championship. For Stewart & Edwards there is but 1 scenario that will guarantee either of them winning the cup & that is simply winning the race.

I don't know if it's ever been this close going into the final race where winning is the only sure way of being champ. It should be an awesome showdown as both have been running so strong & i just hope it comes down to the best man winning by beating the other racing & not because of an accident or a flat tire or engine failure or any other fluke thing.

May the best man win! Go get em Smoke :salute:

Southstander
11-18-2011, 10:13 PM
"I'd wreck my Mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your Mom to win a championship."

--Smoke

Isnt that what happened to Kyle??

Southstander
11-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Well this is it, it all comes down to one final race between 2 drivers seperated by 3 points. In years past there were always the clinching scenarios that would guarantee a championship. For Stewart & Edwards there is but 1 scenario that will guarantee either of them winning the cup & that is simply winning the race.

I don't know if it's ever been this close going into the final race where winning is the only sure way of being champ. It should be an awesome showdown as both have been running so strong & i just hope it comes down to the best man winning by beating the other racing & not because of an accident or a flat tire or engine failure or any other fluke thing.

May the best man win! Go get em Smoke :salute:

My boy Edwards has a slight advantage. He needs to lead atleaat one lap and finish ahead of Smoke and he "should" be golden.

I know the chases are slim to none, but what of the are tied in points? Does it come down to wins as a tie breaker?

BroncosFanInPA
11-19-2011, 07:38 AM
My boy Edwards has a slight advantage. He needs to lead atleaat one lap and finish ahead of Smoke and he "should" be golden.

I know the chases are slim to none, but what of the are tied in points? Does it come down to wins as a tie breaker?

Yes, if they end up tied then the tie breaker is who has the most wins so Stewart would be champ. And actually i don't think the chances of it happening are all that slim, all they have to do is finish 3 positions apart if neither leads a lap or i give you another scenairo.

If stewart wins the race but edwards finished 2nd & leads the most laps it would be a tie, because stewart would receive 47 points & edwards would receive 44.

I think the bottom line if they end up tied is stewart would have earned it with his 4 chase wins while edwards has none. In fact i'll go as far to say if edwards wins by a point or two then the system is flawed because they preach about making wins count & putting more of an emphasis on winning but they very well could have a situation where one guy wins 4 races & the other none but he does not win the cup.

To me if your gonna preach about rewarding wins then do it & not just talk about it, stewart had one bad finish of 25th at Dover & has been amazing in the rest of the races & there is no way a guy who wins 4 times but has 1 bad finish should not end up champ.

Southstander
11-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Edwards is on the pole with Stewart in 15th.

BroncosFanInPA
11-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Edwards is on the pole with Stewart in 15th.

Don't worry about smoke, he will be up front before long & he has always had a saying - it don't pay anything to qualify but to finish. :thumb:

KnoMo#27
11-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Well tomorrows the day my man Cousin Carl gets his first Cup!

Go get em' Carl!!!

Southstander
11-19-2011, 08:14 PM
CP bet guys? I'll take Carl.

BroncosFanInPA
11-19-2011, 08:17 PM
CP bet guys? I'll take Carl.

Alright, i'll take the bait. I mean how can i not? This is it, it's all on the line & may the best man win.

KnoMo#27
11-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Alright, i'll take the bait. I mean how can i not? This is it, it's all on the line & may the best man win.

I'm In. It will be exciting. Good thing I won't have to switch back and forth between the game and the race this Sunday. lol

Southstander
11-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Betting is closed. Let's go racing!!!!

Southstander
11-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Congrats to Smoke.

Southstander
11-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I CPed both of you. Race was to good not too.

Southstander
11-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Looks like they have to update that Mobel 1 commerical.

BroncosFanInPA
11-20-2011, 06:56 PM
I CPed both of you. Race was to good not too.

I agree, i gave cp to both of you also as it indeed was an incredible race by both of them & they did end up tied in points but tony has the edge with all his wins.

Carl should be proud of the battle he & tony put on for everybody to witness. I have never seen anything like that in my life, it was so intense & my heart was literally pounding out of my chest those last 30 laps.

Tony was just so determined & looked like a man on a mission, especially when he had the problems early in the race & went back to 40th but he drove like a man possessed & he had his mind made up that he was winning the race & it was the only way he was going to win the title.

Good job to both of them. :thumb:

Peanut
11-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Congrats to Tony and team.

Freyaka
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
What a great finish, on the one hand I feel bad for Carl for coming so close on the other hand I love this championship. Tony Stewart talked big since the chase started and he backed it up on the track. Great finish to a great season!!

KnoMo#27
11-20-2011, 08:12 PM
What a great finish, on the one hand I feel bad for Carl for coming so close on the other hand I love this championship. Tony Stewart talked big since the chase started and he backed it up on the track. Great finish to a great season!!

Try being a Carl fan... :(

Southstander
11-20-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree, i gave cp to both of you also as it indeed was an incredible race by both of them & they did end up tied in points but tony has the edge with all his wins.

Carl should be proud of the battle he & tony put on for everybody to witness. I have never seen anything like that in my life, it was so intense & my heart was literally pounding out of my chest those last 30 laps.

Tony was just so determined & looked like a man on a mission, especially when he had the problems early in the race & went back to 40th but he drove like a man possessed & he had his mind made up that he was winning the race & it was the only way he was going to win the title.

Good job to both of them. :thumb:

What amazed me is we talked about a tie last night. What is more amazing is after 10 months and countless laps if either of them finished one spot higher or lower in any race, or lead a lap in a race the did not lead this year it would be completly different.

I am glad it was not rained out reguardless of if it would change the results.

ESPN and NASCAR have to be happy with how it ended. How are the going to top this? The past six years have escalated in drama from Jimmie winning number 1 to back to back, tying Junior Johnson, passing him and winning five in a row. I hope we all have enjoyed the histroy we have witnessed. It will never happen again.

Freyaka
11-20-2011, 08:32 PM

I understand bro, I'm a Labonte fan and he came super close to beating Dale Sr one year and I was pissed....Carls young he'll get one in a year or two.

BroncosFanInPA
11-20-2011, 08:34 PM

Carl will get his, he has been on the brink & it will come & i know it's difficult being so close but coming up short but there should be no shame whatsoever because carl just got beat by arguably one of the greatest racers of all time.

KnoMo#27
11-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I understand bro, I'm a Labonte fan and he came super close to beating Dale Sr one year and I was pissed....Carls young he'll get one in a year or two.

I used to be a Bobby fan too. He won it in 2000. Unless you mean Terry lol

Southstander
11-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Carl will get his, he has been on the brink & it will come & i know it's difficult being so close but coming up short but there should be no shame whatsoever because carl just got beat by arguably one of the greatest racers of all time.

I do not know if I would go that far. He is a very good driver but I would put Petty, Jimmie, Gordon, Earnhardt, DW, Junior Johnson, Andretti, The Unser family, Foyt, Rick Mears, and Schumacher ahead of him.

Freyaka
11-21-2011, 03:47 AM
I used to be a Bobby fan too. He won it in 2000. Unless you mean Terry lol

I know but the year before that (I think) he was battling with Dale Sr

BroncosFanInPA
11-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I do not know if I would go that far. He is a very good driver but I would put Petty, Jimmie, Gordon, Earnhardt, DW, Junior Johnson, Andretti, The Unser family, Foyt, Rick Mears, and Schumacher ahead of him.

Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Tony is now a 3 time nascar champ under 2 different formats with 2 different crew chiefs. He can & has won on every track imaginable to mankind & to be specific 7 wins on road courses which takes a hell of alot more skill than ovals, outside jeff how many have those others won on the road course?

He also is an IRL champion along with an IROC champion & a USAC Triple crown champ. How many drivers can make this claim?

I'm sorry man but his record speaks for itself & he is in fact one of the greatest racers ever

Southstander
11-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Tony is now a 3 time nascar champ under 2 different formats with 2 different crew chiefs. He can & has won on every track imaginable to mankind & to be specific 7 wins on road courses which takes a hell of alot more skill than ovals, outside jeff how many have those others won on the road course?

He also is an IRL champion along with an IROC champion & a USAC Triple crown champ. How many drivers can make this claim?

I'm sorry man but his record speaks for itself & he is in fact one of the greatest racers ever

Ok, wow. I know you are a Skome fan so you may not look at this with objective eyes. Let's look at the drivers I postes records and stats. In the intereat of full discloser I am a fan of Jeff, Jimmie, The Unsers and the Andrettis.

Richard Petty
200 Cup Series wins.
7 Cups (Serveral under different rules) 1964, 1967, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1979
7 Daytona 500 wins.
712 Top Tens
127 Poles.
27 wins in 1962 with 10 in a row.
Inaugural class of the NASCAR HOF 2010.
Inaugural class of the Motorsports HOF
International Motor Sports HOF 1990.

Dale Earnhardt
76 wins
Daytona 500 Champion
7x Cup Champion 1980, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994.
4x IROC Champion 1990, 1995, 1999, 2000
1995 Brickyard 400
Inaugural class of the NASCAR HOF 2010
Motor Sports HOF 2002
International Motorsports HOF 2006
Three time Allstar Race winner III, VI, IX

Mario Andretti
Formula 1 Champion 1978
12 Formula 1 wins
Placed second at the 24 Hours of Le Mans
4x Indy Car Champion (3 under USAC 1 under Cart)
IROC Champion VI
First to win the Daytona 500 (1967) and Indy 500 (1969)
ONLY driver to win a F1 Championship Daytona, and Indy
Last American to win a F1 race (1978)
109 Major Race Course wins
ONLY Driver to win United States Driver of the Year in three decades (1967, 1978, 1984)
One of three drivers to win on Road, Ovals and Dirt in the same season.
FIRST to win an Indy Car race in four decades
FIRST to win races in FIVE different Decades.
Three USAC road course wins in 1973 and four in 1974
2000 International Motorsports HOF
1996 National Spritcar HOF
RACER Magizine Driver of the Century
Associated Press Driver of the Century
1990 Motorsports HOF
1974 USAC Dirt Track Champion
1972 24 Hours at Daytona
Three time 12 Hours of Sebring Champion (1967, 1970, 1972)

I am posting on my phone I will be posting this is stages.

Southstander
11-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Michael Schumacher
Seven time F1 Champion (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) Most All Time
Five Championships in a row (All time leader)
91 F1 wins (All Time Leader)
7 Consecutive wins 2004 (Most all Time)
Wins in a season 12 (Most All Time) 72% of the season
5 Wins at Monza (Most All Time)
Wins with one team 72 (Ferrari)
22 Different Grand Prix won (Most All Time)
15 years with at least one win (Most All Time)
15 Consecutive years with a win (Most All Time)
5 Wins at the indianapolis Motor Speedway (Most All Time in ANY type of race there)
In 2002 he became the first F1 driver to finish in the top three in EVERY race that season.
According to F1.com he is " statistically the greatest driver the sport has ever seen.
Turns at Nurburbring (Turns 8 and 9) The Schumacher S
On April 30, 2010he was awarded the Officer of French Legion of Honor

This is a breif listing of these drivers accomplishments. No objective person would put Tony above them. I will get to the other drivers later. Smoke is a very good if not great race driver, but he is not better then the people I listed.

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2011, 04:38 PM
This is a breif listing of these drivers accomplishments. No objective person would put Tony above them. I will get to the other drivers later. Smoke is a very good if not great race driver, but he is not better then the people I listed.

I never said he was, perhaps you should go back & read what i originally posted. I never said he is the greatest but one of the greatest.

Now if you can't admit he is among some of the greats of all time then that is not my problem, perhaps you just don't care for him but it doesn't change anything, HE IS GREAT

And for the record he has never been caught cheating like good old mr. 5 time. And also your stats... i like how you didn't address anything i mentioned about road courses or stewart being the only driver in history to win a cup title & an Indy Car title.

And one last thing since you brought up numbers... Jeff Gordon is one of the best of all time, i have no problem admiting that but how about the numbers for him since tony started in nascar, seems like a fair thing to look at.

In the 13 years since tony came along jeff has 43 wins to tony's 44. Jeff has just 1 of his 4 championships to tony's 3. Also tony has won at least one race all 13 years & outside of 2008 he has won at least 2 times every year while jeff can't say the same, 2008 & 2010 he went winless.

Southstander
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I never said he was, perhaps you should go back & read what i originally posted. I never said he is the greatest but one of the greatest.

Now if you can't admit he is among some of the greats of all time then that is not my problem, perhaps you just don't care for him but it doesn't change anything, HE IS GREAT

And for the record he has never been caught cheating like good old mr. 5 time. And also your stats... i like how you didn't address anything i mentioned about road courses or stewart being the only driver in history to win a cup title & an Indy Car title.

And one last thing since you brought up numbers... Jeff Gordon is one of the best of all time, i have no problem admiting that but how about the numbers for him since tony started in nascar, seems like a fair thing to look at.

In the 13 years since tony came along jeff has 43 wins to tony's 44. Jeff has just 1 of his 4 championships to tony's 3. Also tony has won at least one race all 13 years & outside of 2008 he has won at least 2 times every year while jeff can't say the same, 2008 & 2010 he went winless.

I DID address you point or did you miss Andretti? He won F1, USEC, and Indy. He was a Champion in multipule divisons. You do know that F1 and Indy encompasses road courses right?

I NEVER said he was not great driver. You ASSUMED that. I was simply stating that are alot of drivers that are better then him. Stats will prove this.

I only listwd four in detal if you think he is better then those four you are sadly mistaken. I did not get into AJ Foyt. Stewart himself would tell you that AJ was better then him.

That alone puts him out of the top five ALL TIME. I think that is where you and I are failing to communicate. Is he one of the best currently in NASCAR? You bet your sweet bippy he is. Does he have a chance to pass other names on the all time great list? Yes, and I know he WILL do that if he keeps it up.

To yur point about Jimmie getting caught cheating, As yoi said Tony just has never been caught. Cheating is as big a part of NASCAR and its history as motor oil.
Also Tony had HUGE help from Hendrick with engines. So lay off the Jimmie "cheating" that does not help your case.

Finally about Jeff, yes he has basically the same amount of wins, and that will change either way in the comming years but that extra title tilts it in Gordon's favor.

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Finally about Jeff, yes he has basically the same amount of wins, and that will change either way in the comming years but that extra title tilts it in Gordon's favor.

So are you saying jeff & jimmie are two of the greatest but tony is not? I'm just curious because i don't know how you could claim gordon is one of the best but tony is not when you compare the numbers against each other.

And as far as johnson goes, between he & stewart they have combined for 8 of the last 10 championships & that is amazing considering the level of competetion over the past 10 years. In fact this year alone there was 18 different race winners which makes the two of them dominating even more impressive.

See back in the day there were probably only 5 or 6 guys that could win in nascar & now you have nearly half the field capable of winning, so if those guys were racing now, i don't think they are gonna have the same numbers.

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM

I NEVER said he was not great driver. You ASSUMED that.

So how would one interpret the statement at the top?

Southstander
11-22-2011, 07:40 PM
.Are you serious? Did you not read my last response? Do you honestly thing he is better then the drivers I listed? I have said repeatedly that Stewart is very good driver. Did you miss that part where I said he is one of the best in NASCAR right now? I guess you overlooked where I said he has a chance to pass some of the names that I listed. To your other post talking about Jimmie, Jeff and Tony...

Jimmie won five Championship in a row, has two more Cups then Smoke. Hr also has won the Daytona 500, something Tony has not done. He also has one more wins at the Brickyard.

While Jeff has one fewer wins then Tony he has more Championship (1), more Daytona 500 (3), more Brickyard 400s (2).

This is why I say they are better. To me they have better stats. The stats can and will change. Jimmie and Jeff can add to thier lead or Tony CAN pass them.

I will state it again, please listen this time Tony is one of the best drivers in NASCAR today.However their are drivers in the history of Racing that are and where better.

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2011, 08:04 PM
. To your other post talking about Jimmie, Jeff and Tony...

Jimmie won five Championship in a row, has two more Cups then Smoke. Hr also has won the Daytona 500, something Tony has not done. He also has one more wins at the Brickyard.

While Jeff has one fewer wins then Tony he has more Championship (1), more Daytona 500 (3), more Brickyard 400s (2).

This is why I say they are better. To me they have better stats.

Whatever dude! All you want to do is focus on the other drivers & what they have done & not what stewart has accomplished in his whole career & not just nascar because i'll tell you this, you want to throw out gordon has one more championship but fail to acknowledge stewart won the IRL Championship during the years gordon was winning his other title. But i guess that don't count in your book because you want to pick & choose your stats.

And then throwing out johnson winning the daytona 500? big dam deal! You realize the great Dale Sr. did not win it until his 20th attempt so i guess he was just ok until then right? If jimmie is so dam great then why does he only have 1 win on the road courses while stewart has 7? Real racers win on all tracks!

Whatever, it's obvious you do not like tony & there is no talking to you because i never once proclaimed him to be the greatest thing to sit in a car but rather one of the greats & all you do is get all defensive & point out what others have done, so that's it i'm done with this conversation & have nothing more to say to you!

Southstander
11-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I do not hate Tony at all. You said he was one of the all time greats, and I simply said he is not better then about 10-15 drivers. That puts him #16. You have never said how he ranks against those drivers. You never addressed my points or stats. The drivers I sighted also won IROC titles.

How much plainer do I have to state this. I even put it in large font. This time I will bold it, make it LARGER and in Green.
Anthony Wayne Stewart is one
of the GREATEST drivers in
NASCAR today. Are we clear on this? Did that get threw to you?

Is it wrong to say someone that won Five Championships in a row is a better driver then one that one three? I look at ALL the stats, not just ones to fit an argument.

Did you really just say who cares if Jimmie won a Daytona 500 or not? While it took Dale 20 Years to win one, how big was it when he finally did? It was HUGE! It added to his career. You bring up road courses the drivers I listed are alao good at road courses. For the record on the IROC Stewart did won it in 2006 the drivers I listed won it in 1975 (Al Unser), 1976 & 1977 (AJ Foyt), 1978 (Al Unser), 1979 (Mario), 1986 & 1988 (Unser Jr), 1990, 1999, 2000 (Dale). If you want me to credit Tony with it, then you have to credit my guys it goes both ways.

Here is another example DW has 40 more wins and equal Championships. If you want to say the competition is tougher now, thats fine. So they would be tied. Hiwever DW has Daytona to his name they are the tie breaker. Thats why I brought them up with Jimmie they help to "break ties and give insights to where drivers should ne ranked.

In my last post I compaired Stewart to only two other drivers in today's NASCAR becuase I think ONLY TWO people racing right now are better then him. If you do the math that puts him third. If I was a hater would I put him THIRD? Behind only a driver that won five Cups in a row and one that has one fewer win, 1 more Cup, EQUAL footing on road courses, and more Major race wins. How on earth is that Hating on him?

One sunday on Facebook I said this Championship moment was one of the Top 10 Championship moments of all time and I am a hater? Please tell me where I am wrong? Who on the list of drivers that I listed would you put him above? Drivers with more wins, Drivers with more Championship? What makes him better? If you can prove it I will listen.

Peanut
11-22-2011, 09:39 PM
It's good to see you guys having a nice civil conversation.

Let's keep it that way. :thumb:

BroncosFanInPA
11-22-2011, 09:45 PM
This is not my post but facts from his web page & as i said in my previous post i am done with this conversation so leave me alone because i will no longer reply to anything you have to say!!!!!

Pick a racing series. Choose a style of racecar. Name a venue. Chances are, Tony Stewart has proven victorious.

The driver of the No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevrolet in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has scored 12 championships since he first wheeled a go-kart in 1978 at a Westport, Ind., racetrack.

His most widely known titles are the three he scored in NASCAR’s pinnacle series. The three-time Sprint Cup Series champion earned his first crown in 2002 by beating veteran racer Mark Martin by 38 points and a second in 2005 when he bested Greg Biffle by 35 points. His third title was earned in 2011 after winning the season finale at Homestead Speedway to edge Carl Edwards on a tiebreaker (most wins). It was the first championship for a driver/owner since 1992 when Alan Kulwicki accomplished the feat.

In 2009 Stewart became the first driver/owner to win a Sprint Cup race since Ricky Rudd was victorious in 1998. Stewart found victory lane five times during the season including the prestigious Sprint All-Star Race and the million dollar purse that accompanied it.

Championships begat championships for Stewart, as the Columbus, Ind.-native came to NASCAR in 1999 by way of the IRL IndyCar Series, where he was the series champion in 1997. And before he made his mark in Indy cars, Stewart made a name for himself in the rough-and-tumble world of the United States Auto Club (USAC). He has four USAC championships, including what at the time was an unprecedented win of USAC’s “Triple Crown.”

USAC’s top-three national touring divisions are Midget, Sprint and Silver Crown. After winning the Midget title in 1994 and finishing 10th and sixth in the Sprint and Silver Crown divisions, respectively, Stewart went out and set a new standard of excellence in 1995 by winning all three divisions. No driver had ever won the Sprint, Midget and Silver Crown championships – divisions that run three very different types of racecars which compete on both asphalt and dirt – in a single season until Stewart came along.

A hint of Stewart’s impending success could be seen when he was still a youngster, for in 1980 at age eight, Stewart had won his first championship – a 4-cycle rookie junior class championship at the Columbus Fairgrounds. Two more karting championships followed, but this time on a national level – the 1983 International Karting Federation Grand National championship and the 1987 World Karting Association National championship.

Throw in a title from the 30-year-old International Race of Champions (IROC) during that series’ final year of operation in 2006, and it’s clear that Stewart is in a league of his own.

He is the first and only driver to have won championships in stock cars, Indy cars and open-wheel Midget, Sprint and Silver Crown cars. And his three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championships made him one of just 9 drivers who have scored three or more Cup titles.

Along the way, Stewart has won some of the biggest races in motorsports. He is a two-time winner of the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard (2005 and 2007), a six-time winner of the season-opening NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011) and a two-time winner of the famed Chili Bowl, an all-star Midget race at the Tulsa (Okla.) Expo Raceway (2002 and 2007). He’s also notched wins in such famed USAC races as the Copper World Classic at Phoenix International Raceway (2000), the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Irwindale (Calif.) Speedway (2000) and the 4-Crown Nationals at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio (1995).

And before he was a race winner and a championship contender, Stewart was a rookie on the rise. The Hoosier won rookie of the year honors in Sprint Cup (1999), the Indianapolis 500 (1996) and USAC (1991).

“When I started racing competitively when I was about seven or eight, getting a trophy that was bigger than the other kids’ was all I cared about,” said Stewart, who enters his 11th year in the vaunted Sprint Cup Series in 2009. “I couldn’t have asked for more out of this life. I feel like I’m a very, very fortunate person, so no matter what happens, no matter how long I race or don’t race, the goals and everything that happens from here is just icing on the cake. I’ve been very lucky to do the things I’ve done.”

Stewart’s racing career began at age seven behind the wheel of a go-kart, with his father, Nelson, serving as car owner and crew chief.

“He never let me settle for second,” said Stewart of his dad, who still frequents races whenever his schedule permits. “He didn’t like it when we ran second, and he knew that I didn’t like it when we ran second. If he saw that I wasn’t giving 100 percent, then he was on me pretty hard about it. He pushed me to be better.

“He never pressured me to be the best racecar driver in the world, but he did pressure me to be the best racecar driver that I could be. He never compared me to anybody else. He expected that what I could do was what I could do. He never said that because this guy over here could do something that I should be able to do it, too. He pushed me hard, but he was fair about it. That’s probably why you see so much fire in me today, because he always wanted me to be the best that I could be.”

By 1989, Stewart began the transition from go-karts to higher-horsepower, open-wheel machines. He raced Three-Quarter Midgets before turning his attention to the USAC ranks in 1991.

His first USAC championship in 1994 came to fruition thanks to five wins in 22 starts in the National Midget category. It as a prelude to Stewart’s historic “Triple Crown” triumph in 1995.

That success led Stewart to earn a ride in the fledgling IndyCar Series. He made the most of it by winning the series championship in 1997, which sewed the seeds of Stewart’s current success in NASCAR. A slate of 22 NASCAR Nationwide Series races with Joe Gibbs Racing in 1998 prepared Stewart for his assault on the Cup ranks in 1999.

During that remarkable rookie season, where Stewart won three races en route to the rookie of the year title, he also competed in both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. The grueling trek, known as “Double Duty,” saw Stewart compete in an Indy car at Indianapolis before flying to Concord, N.C., to compete in the Coca-Cola 600 that evening at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. He became the first driver to complete both races in the same day, finishing ninth and fourth, respectively. All told, Stewart drove a total of 1,090 miles.

Stewart repeated this feat in 2001, when he drove an Indy car for Chip Ganassi at Indy. He bettered his mark from 1999 by finishing on the lead lap in sixth before jetting off to Concord for the Coca-Cola 600. He improved that finish as well, coming home third in the 600-miler. When it was all said and done, Stewart completed all 1,100 miles – breaking his own record for most racing miles driven in one day.

Southstander
11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Weather you chose to read this, or respond to this is upto you. I think the major problem we both had is that we were talking "at" each other rather then to each other. We were to busy trying to prove the other person wrong rather then see where the might be right. We took one point and missed the rest. Let's start from the beginning and see where we went wrong. The comment that started it all off was about Smoke being one of the greatest racers of alltime. Which to me is between five to ten drivers tops. I will admot that when I read that I only thought of his NASCAR career, so my first thought was strictly about NASCAR drivers and racing only. Thats when I started to think of names like Petty, Dale, Jimmie and Jeff. As I started to list them my mind went to other series and that is where I came up with names lik The Unsers, Andretti, Mears, Foyt then Schumacher in F1.

I think you took my post like I was trying to bury and belittle Stewart. I was not clear enough on how I was ranking them. Which added fuel to the fire.

Then both of us started to throw out stats to prove our points not knowing that we were proving to a cetrin extent each others points. I do owe you an apology with Andretti I was compairing his entire career to Stewart's, but with drivers like Little Al I only took Unser's CART career against Tony's NASCAR career. Which is unfair to both drivers. I was looking at Stewart's 3 NASCAR titles to Unser's 2 Cart and 2 Indy 500 wins as well as how well he did in IROC and concluded that Al was better. Based on those facts alone I know you would say Stewart is better and that's ok, it is impossible to complety remove all basis. When you look at the total Picture in all levels both drivers have more to their resumes then that. Al has five total Championships CART (1990, 1994), IROC (1986, 1988) and Can-Am (1992) to Tony's eight USEC Triple Crown (Silver Crown, Sprint and Midget) IRL (1997), IROC (2006), Cup (2002, 2005, 2001). When looked at that way it is clear that STEWART is the better driver.

I think that was where our discussion fell apart. When I kept saying he is one of the best in NASCAR today, it came across that I did not care about what else he did. Which was not true. In my effort to praise him I was sounding like I was was doing the opposite. For that I am sorry.

In one of your reply you states that you where not saying he was the best thing ever behind the wheel, rahter then addressing that out right I glossed over it to prove he very thing you said. Which only add to our frustration.
I also want to thank you for educating me avout just how good Stewart is. I will admit that I did not know he was as successful outside of NASCAR is he is. I also was mistaken on how many wins Tony has which caused me to come to a inaccurate conclusion.

I repect you and your opnions. I hope you execpt my humble apology.

IF and ony if you choose to reply I was love to know who your Top Drivers of All Time are in the following catagories NASCAR, Current in NASCAR and all of Motorsports.

BroncosFanInPA
11-23-2011, 10:30 AM
I repect you and your opnions. I hope you execpt my humble apology.

IF and ony if you choose to reply I was love to know who your Top Drivers of All Time are in the following catagories NASCAR, Current in NASCAR and all of Motorsports.

Fair enough, & i too am sorry things got to the point they did. I'm not here to fight or argue with anybody but have good discussions which we kinda had. Also i don't want to not post in this thread because i like Nascar & really who post in this thread besides the two of us? So if i don't reply to you then i'd be like talking to myself which is no fun.

It would be nice though if we at least had a few others come in & talk nascar but i guess we just don't have many fans of it on these boards. :(

As far as listing who i think are the top drivers, i will give that alot of thought & consideration & make a post at a later time, because that is not exactly an easy thing to come up with, so i want to think it over for a bit.

Southstander
11-23-2011, 03:53 PM
I loves our talk. I loved how we challenged each other and back up our opnions with facts.

Southstander
11-27-2011, 07:18 PM
14 weeks till the Great American Race.

Southstander
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.legendarycollectorcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_6989-Small-2.jpg

To help keep this thread alive I will be post poc of the great cars, drivers, tracks in NASCAR history.

Southstander
11-29-2011, 08:35 PM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Daytona+500+Practice+QR1Cdj30NFPl.jpg

Southstander
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1970-1979/1972-Dodge-Charger-NASCAR-Race-Car-American-Racing-Legend-Richard-Petty-By-His-Car-1920x1440.jpg

BroncosFanInPA
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
To help keep this thread alive I will be post poc of the great cars, drivers, tracks in NASCAR history.

I will be here to help keep it going & i haven't forgotten about making a list of the top drivers both present & past, i just haven't had alot of time to think about it.

By the way south, did you see it's official that Darrian Grubb is out as tony's crew chief & steve addington is in. I was really shocked he let him go, even though they said the decision was made about 6 weeks before the final race.

I know it was a rough year up until the chase got started but man did darrian make some gutsy calls in a couple of those 5 wins they had & they really did turn it up on the 1.5 mile tracks, so i'm a little bummed by the decision.

darth-hideous
11-29-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm gonna drive real fast, then im gonna turn left.

Southstander
11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
I will be here to help keep it going & i haven't forgotten about making a list of the top drivers both present & past, i just haven't had alot of time to think about it.

By the way south, did you see it's official that Darrian Grubb is out as tony's crew chief & steve addington is in. I was really shocked he let him go, even though they said the decision was made about 6 weeks before the final race.

I know it was a rough year up until the chase got started but man did darrian make some gutsy calls in a couple of those 5 wins they had & they really did turn it up on the 1.5 mile tracks, so i'm a little bummed by the decision.

I did not see that. I am suprised that Stewart/Haas would get of the current Championship winning Crew chief.

I know you will be posting/ talking in here. I am just wanting to find ways to post when we are not talking.

Southstander
11-30-2011, 09:22 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/old/sports_nascar/images/2008/11/15/smoke2005_2.jpg

Southstander
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.talladegaspoilerregistry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Cale-21.jpg

Peanut
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM

I was hoping that Tony was playing a joke on him and Grubb would end up getting a promotion.

Props to Grubb for not bailing on Tony, knowing he was going to be out of a job.

Southstander
12-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I was hoping that Tony was playing a joke on him and Grubb would end up getting a promotion.

Props to Grubb for not bailing on Tony, knowing he was going to be out of a job.

I completey agree.

BroncosFanInPA
12-01-2011, 04:46 PM

Yeah i was hoping he would reconsider the decision after winning the championship but i guess tony had already made his mind up.

It had to be very difficlut for darrian knowing that he was going to be done. I can't imagine the emotions he must have been going through with that in mind. You really got to give him alot of credit for how he handled the whole situation with class & i think it was very courageous of him.

Funny thing is i was saying back in the middle of the year that he needed replaced because how poorly they were running but then they hit on something especially at the 1.5 mile tracks & they were on fire, so i was starting to have faith in darrian & with that performance in the chase, 5 wins in 10 races & the title, i figured he would stay but i guess there was no turning back. :(

I wish darrian the best of luck wherever he ends up because he really was a class act & you know it had to be difficult at times to work for somebody like tony.

On a side note, it will be stewart's 3rd crew chief now & i was wondering if anybody has ever won the cup with 3 different crew chiefs before? I know there have been others that have done it with 2 but has it ever been done with 3?

Southstander
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah i was hoping he would reconsider the decision after winning the championship but i guess tony had already made his mind up.

It had to be very difficlut for darrian knowing that he was going to be done. I can't imagine the emotions he must have been going through with that in mind. You really got to give him alot of credit for how he handled the whole situation with class & i think it was very courageous of him.

Funny thing is i was saying back in the middle of the year that he needed replaced because how poorly they were running but then they hit on something especially at the 1.5 mile tracks & they were on fire, so i was starting to have faith in darrian & with that performance in the chase, 5 wins in 10 races & the title, i figured he would stay but i guess there was no turning back. :(

I wish darrian the best of luck wherever he ends up because he really was a class act & you know it had to be difficult at times to work for somebody like tony.

On a side note, it will be stewart's 3rd crew chief now & i was wondering if anybody has ever won the cup with 3 different crew chiefs before? I know there have been others that have done it with 2 but has it ever been done with 3?

I do not think it has happened before. The lost of three time winners, or more, is not that long. We can eliminate Gordon, Petty and Johnson.

KnoMo#27
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm gonna drive real fast, then im gonna turn left.

I really hate when people say stuff like this ^ about nascar.

How about you try to get in to a stock car and go 190+ mph into a 35 degree banked turn and see how you do. You'll be in the wall on the first turn of the fist lap.

Southstander
12-01-2011, 10:14 PM

How about you try to get in to a stock car and go 190+ mph into a 35 degree banked turn and see how you do. You'll be in the wall on the first turn of the fist lap.

Don't forget the 120+ Temperature and G Forces. I think KNOW that anybody that has this opnion would wet thier pants and cry for Mommy if they did a ride along let alone try to be behind the wheel.

darth-hideous
12-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I

I did alright in my buddies car up at Erie, been a long time though(no wall) you should get in a car yourself sometime it's a blast, and I think you should watch more Southpark.

Peanut
12-02-2011, 12:34 AM

I think maybe he was joking?

I hear NASCAR fans joke like that all the time.

KnoMo#27
12-02-2011, 12:37 AM
I think maybe he was joking?

I hear NASCAR fans joke like that all the time.

I don't really think he's joking.

Peanut
12-02-2011, 12:38 AM
I don't really think he's joking.

And, if he isn't, he's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else.

KnoMo#27
12-02-2011, 12:42 AM
And, if he isn't, he's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else.

I understand what you are saying but if he doesn't like nascar don't read the thread. But instead he comes in here implying that driving a NASCAR is easy. All I was trying to tell him is that it is not that easy. :thumb: Sorry though.

darth-hideous
12-02-2011, 02:38 AM
I understand what you are saying but if he doesn't like nascar don't read the thread. But instead he comes in here implying that driving a NASCAR is easy. All I was trying to tell him is that it is not that easy. :thumb: Sorry though.
Who said I didn't like NASCAR? And you really should watch more Southpark, then you would know where the joke came from and what it was about.

Southstander
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/mgmedia/image/500/0/130177/dale/

Southstander
12-02-2011, 02:34 PM
dh, after reading your replies I understand where you are comming from, I think the problem started with KnoMo and I not knowing you where joking. I personaly do not, and will not, watch South Park so there was no way to know that it was intended in jest. Unfortunately on a message board it is impossible to know with certainy that your intent is received in the spirt you intended it.

That being said since you are a NASCAR fan I hope to see you in here more often.

Southstander
12-03-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.autopuzzles.com/Petty.jpg

Southstander
12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq225/ChippySgtDad/21AJFoyt.jpg

Freyaka
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq225/ChippySgtDad/21AJFoyt.jpg

That reminds me, we should get some people together for some Forza 4 one of these days!

Southstander
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
That reminds me, we should get some people together for some Forza 4 one of these days!

I am going to try to make that a skin in F4.

Southstander
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
http://cdn.allleftturns.com/www/sites/default/files/articles/MarioAndretti.jpg

KnoMo#27
12-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Anybody else hear that Pensky has released Kurt Busch?

Where do you think he'll end up?

Southstander
12-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow, I have not heard that.

BroncosFanInPA
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Well here it is & i did not see this coming either.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111205/kbusch-penske-split/index.html

Southstander
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I wonder if Gibbs would have the brothers?

BroncosFanInPA
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I wonder if Gibbs would have the brothers?

That is one of the first thoughts i had & if there is anybody who can handle him it would be coach gibbs. I mean he had to deal with tony when he was out of control & now he is dealing with kyle, so i think he could pull it off.

The only question would be if they would add a 4th car or would they release logano because he has clearly not lived up to the hype.

KnoMo#27
12-05-2011, 07:12 PM
That is one of the first thoughts i had & if there is anybody who can handle him it would be coach gibbs. I mean he had to deal with tony when he was out of control & now he is dealing with kyle, so i think he could pull it off.

The only question would be if they would add a 4th car or would they release logano because he has clearly not lived up to the hype.

I like Logano's potential. I just think that Gibbs brought him up a little to fast. Should have dad him run the Nationwide for a couple of years first.

Southstander
12-05-2011, 07:26 PM
What about Stewart/Haas?

KnoMo#27
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
What about Stewart/Haas?

Stewart/Hass already has Danica signed to a part-time deal, so I can't see that happening. I seriously can't really think of to much opportunities for Kurt to land.

Hendrick already has Kahne set to replace Mark

Stewart/Hass has Danica on a part-time schedule

MWR has Truex Jr, Bowyer, and Mark Martin

Roush already canned Kurt once. Don't see Jack going through that again.

RCR is cutting back to 3 cars this season I think. Maybe they change their minds and sign Kurt to a 4th car? Idk

There is really only 2 real possibilities I can think of for Kurt.
1.RPM is trying to go to a 3 car team. They currently have AJ and Marcos. Maybe they take a chance on Kurt.

2.If someone buys Red Bull racing I could see Kurt replacing Kasey there.

Southstander
12-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Stewart/Hass already has Danica signed to a part-time deal, so I can't see that happening. I seriously can't really think of to much opportunities for Kurt to land.

RCR is cutting back to 3 cars this season I think. Maybe they change their minds and sign Kurt to a 4th car? Idk

1.RPM is trying to go to a 3 car team. They currently have AJ and Marcos. Maybe they take a chance on Kurt.

I think Smoke might see himself in Kurt.

Southstander
12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/1957FireballRobertsFord.jpg

BroncosFanInPA
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Mike Ford is now out as Denny Hamlin's crew chief. There are alot of moves being made before heading into next year.

BroncosFanInPA
12-06-2011, 06:10 PM

I think another possibility could be Earnhart/Ganassi Racing, they only have 2 drivers with Montoya & McMurray.

darth-hideous
12-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I have never care for any of the politics or who is racing for who this week, i just like to watch the cars tearing it up on race day.

Southstander
12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I have never care for any of the politics or who is racing for who this week, i just like to watch the cars tearing it up on race day.

Let's just be glad "Silly Season" is only a few weeks long.

KnoMo#27
12-07-2011, 12:09 AM
I think another possibility could be Earnhart/Ganassi Racing, they only have 2 drivers with Montoya & McMurray.

I don't know how I forgot about Earnhardt/Ganassi. Yeah I could see Kurt possibly ending up there.

KnoMo#27
12-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Mike Ford is now out as Denny Hamlin's crew chief. There are alot of moves being made before heading into next year.

Not very surprised by that at all. Ford has cost Denny probably around 10-12 wins in his career. Not a very good crew chief imo.

Southstander
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/oldpics/img.php/460x306/27f9a1970_milw_253.jpg

Southstander
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/1970-nascar-2.jpg

Southstander
12-09-2011, 06:52 PM
http://indianapolis-indiana.funcityfinder.com/files/2010/05/Roger-Penske-and-Bobby-Allison.jpg

thundercty
12-10-2011, 03:56 PM

How long do you think Hendrick will keep Jr.? I know he's NASCAR's most popular driver but he hasn't won since 2008.....

Southstander
12-10-2011, 04:21 PM
http://motorsportsunplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Waltrip-11.jpg

Southstander
12-10-2011, 04:24 PM
How long do you think Hendrick will keep Jr.? I know he's NASCAR's most popular driver but he hasn't won since 2008.....

Jr. a little while ago signed an extention with Hendrick.

Southstander
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.legendsofnascar.com/Ralph_Earnhardt_Car4.jpg

Southstander
12-12-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.underbird.com/ak7.jpg

Southstander
12-13-2011, 07:13 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zkU1X4d2p2Y/TPT7hDo-XJI/AAAAAAAAAKg/ymFtz2gxbr4/s1600/photo-1.jpg

Southstander
12-16-2011, 03:55 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/390528101_fea4effb8c.jpg

Southstander
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1970-1979/1972-Dodge-Charger-NASCAR-Race-Car-Girls-And-The-Car-1600x1200.jpg

Southstander
12-23-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.posters57.com/images/1971_charlotte.jpg=600.jpeg

Southstander
12-27-2011, 03:23 PM
http://smggermany.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/23/1959_lee_petty_olds_daytona_500_win.jpg

Southstander
01-03-2012, 09:29 PM
http://http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs203.snc1/7019_179254673783_534763783_3754646_6004371_n.jpg

Southstander
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/NASCAR+Daytona+Preview+uckFW8piKZ-l.jpg

Southstander
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
http://yoracefan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Kyle-Petty-42-Mello-Yello-Car.jpg

Southstander
02-01-2012, 03:45 PM
The Daytona 500 will boast a record purse of more than $19 million, winner guaranteed a minimum of $1.4M.

BroncosFanInPA
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
The Daytona 500 will boast a record purse of more than $19 million, winner guaranteed a minimum of $1.4M.

That is one aspect i like about nascar compared to the other sports, is the fact that the better you do the more money you make instead of getting payed up front. Of course i know alot of players have "earned" a big payday based on past performance but i would like to see more of an incentive type contract.

If the other sports did more of an incentive based contract based on how well you play then i would think the effort put forth most likely would not come into question & you would be assured the money was well earned.

Southstander
02-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I agree bro.

Southstander
02-17-2012, 01:37 PM
NASCAR confiscated part of Jimmie Johnson's Daytona 500 car because of illegal modifications.

BroncosFanInPA
02-17-2012, 04:47 PM
And Stewart crashed himself along with both Busch brothers, AJ Allmendiger & Brad Keselowski in the first practice for the shootout. :sad: Guess it's better to get it out of the way in practice rather than in the race.

Southstander
02-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Did you enjoy Smoke on Last Man Standing?

BroncosFanInPA
02-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Did you enjoy Smoke on Last Man Standing?

I forgot about it. :mad:

So what do you think will happen with Chad Knaus or shall i say what do you think should happen to him?

Southstander
02-17-2012, 06:59 PM
As a fan of Jimmie as much as I would want to give him a pass I cannot do so. I think they, sports in general, need to make punishments more sever. That being said make him sit out the entire season with NO contact with anyone at Hendricks either direct or by proxy.

BroncosFanInPA
02-17-2012, 07:06 PM
As a fan of Jimmie as much as I would want to give him a pass I cannot do so. I think they, sports in general, need to make punishments more sever. That being said make him sit out the entire season with NO contact with anyone at Hendricks either direct or by proxy.

I have to agree, i think NASCAR has to step up this time because he continues to do this & i think the worst hes has gotten in punishment was out for 4 races back when he was caught in 2006.

And the sad part about the whole deal is that he keeps doing it at Daytona for the sport's biggest race & drawing negative attention to himself his team & nascar in general.

Time to put your foot down NASCAR!

Southstander
02-17-2012, 07:22 PM
What I think is really stupid of Mr. Knaus is that as you say it is at the Daytona 500. This is the biggest race of the year. NASCAR will be looking at every one with a fine tooth comb and since he has done it in the past he will draw more attention. I hate to say this but if your are going to cheat atleast be smart about it. Do it midsession at a smaller event.

BroncosFanInPA
02-17-2012, 07:30 PM
The other thing i thought about was at some point don't you think Rick Hendrick would realize what is going on & say maybe i should step in & do something about this myself to try to put a stop to it, although i doubt Knaus will ever stop.

Freyaka
02-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I can't stand Kyle Busch but that was incredible! That kid could drive a freaking washing machine to victory.

Peanut
02-18-2012, 11:55 PM
I can't stand Kyle Busch but that was incredible! That kid could drive a freaking washing machine to victory.

:laugh:

I like Kyle. He still needs some personal work (and I think Gibbs is the right guy for the job), but he is a good driver.

Anyone tired of Patrick, yet?

Freyaka
02-19-2012, 07:06 AM

I like Kyle. He still needs some personal work (and I think Gibbs is the right guy for the job), but he is a good driver.

Anyone tired of Patrick, yet?

I have this great thing called a dvr, I didn't hear a word she said I just fast fowarded past it.

Southstander
02-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Carl Edwards is on the pole for the Great American Race.

Peanut
02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I have this great thing called a dvr, I didn't hear a word she said I just fast fowarded past it.

My kind of guy.

She's not a bad person. It's just the media hype that annoys me. Maybe I can enjoy the IRL more. :D

BroncosFanInPA
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
That was a good race last night & i'm so glad it was back to pack racing instead of that stupid 2 by 2 tango crap they have been doing recently at Daytona & Dega.

Although based off the finish in the shootout it looks like that's how things will end up at the end of the race & that's how it's going to be won.

KnoMo#27
02-19-2012, 06:48 PM
That was a good race last night & i'm so glad it was back to pack racing instead of that stupid 2 by 2 tango crap they have been doing recently at Daytona & Dega.

Although based off the finish in the shootout it looks like that's how things will end up at the end of the race & that's how it's going to be won.

What I got from the shootout is there is most likely going to be a couple "Big Ones" in the 500, which I'm not happy about. Hopefully the drivers get it figured out by next Sunday.

PS: Hopefully Carl will end the 500 right were he starts, lol.

kingelway7
02-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Be jealous!!! :D

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4517&stc=1&d=1329769629

kingelway7
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I have an extra ticket to the 500 if anyone wanted to go. Im willing to let it go for pretty much 1/2 price :)

kingelway7
02-20-2012, 01:34 PM
What I got from the shootout is there is most likely going to be a couple "Big Ones" in the 500, which I'm not happy about. Hopefully the drivers get it figured out by next Sunday.

Everytime NASCAR fixes something, another problem arises. Now it seems that just about everytime you tap someone on the left rear going into a turn, you're gonna send the person spinning. The cars are really dancing around. I called most of the wrecks Saturday night before they happened. You could just tell a wreck was just waiting to happen.

The Shootout finished with what, 9 cars on the lead lap? If things continue into the 500 how they did during the Shootout, the 500 is gonna turn into a 5 hour race because of so many cautions and will only have 17 or so cars on the lead lap at the end...

Peanut
02-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Be jealous!!! :D

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4517&stc=1&d=1329769629

I am!

I have an extra ticket to the 500 if anyone wanted to go. Im willing to let it go for pretty much 1/2 price :)

I would if I could.

Have fun and post some pictures if you can. :D

BroncosFanInPA
02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Everytime NASCAR fixes something, another problem arises. Now it seems that just about everytime you tap someone on the left rear going into a turn, you're gonna send the person spinning. The cars are really dancing around. I called most of the wrecks Saturday night before they happened. You could just tell a wreck was just waiting to happen.

The Shootout finished with what, 9 cars on the lead lap? If things continue into the 500 how they did during the Shootout, the 500 is gonna turn into a 5 hour race because of so many cautions and will only have 17 or so cars on the lead lap at the end...

The 500 will be just fine, this is how racing at Daytona & Talladega was for so many years until they figured out that stupid two car hookup that just looked wierd & was very boring to watch.

Yes when you are 2 & 3 wide 10 & 12 rows deep there are gonna be wrecks & they are gonna be big wrecks, hence where the term "The Big One" came from when racing at these tracks but they got away from that the last couple of years & IMO it sucked watching 2 cars hooked together & is much more exciting to watch pack racing.

Yeah you can rest assured there in all likelihood will be at least 1 perhaps 2 big wrecks on Sunday & they will be big, i have seen wrecks involving more than 20 cars in a single wreck but that's just how it is & how it always was at restrictor plate racing until recent years when they figured something new out. But the fans didn't like it & NASCAR listened to the fans for once & did something about it to get back to what everyone was used to.

Southstander
02-20-2012, 06:53 PM
In just pray everyone is safe in the "Big Ones".

kingelway7
02-21-2012, 09:41 AM
In just pray everyone is safe in the "Big Ones".

Ever since the death of Earnhardt, the safety has greatly improved and continues to improve. Just look at the wreck that Jeff Gordon had on Saturday night. He was totally unharmed in any way. Not even a scratch on him. Maybe some dizziness from flipping around and upside down so many times but thats it.

The drivers bodies are so constricted now that unless a safety device malfunctions, I dont see a driver suffering anything worse than maybe a broken bone or two in an arm/hand or a leg/foot in a wreck (not taking into account a fire).

One of the new safety things that were implemented starting this year is that drivers are positioned 6 inches more to the right towards the center of the car. I know 6 inches may not seem like much, but when you're talking about being involved in a wreck like Gordon was Saturday night, those extra 6 inches farther away from the outside window of the car, thats alot.

Freyaka
02-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Anyone else excited for the duels today? I know I am!! Expecially after yesterdays practice and how quick Labonte was! Here's to hoping he can be there at the end again this year like he was last year (except this year with someone pushing him!)

BroncosFanInPA
02-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Chalk up another Daytona win for Smoke, i believe that gives him 17 overall in his career counting Nationwide Series.

Now if only he can get the monkey off his back & finally win the big one, the 500. He has won anything & everything at daytona but the great american race & this will be his 14th attempt, could it be a sign? 14th attempt in the #14 car, could it be his time?

God i hope he can get it done this time, let's get it done smoke! :salute:

kingelway7
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Jr got hosed. He was coming like a freight train on that last lap. He got a heck of a shot coming outta turn 2 and was gonna pass Stewart for the win. You could see it. But unfortunately Danica wrecked which caused the caution to come out and end the race. Thank goodness DP was alright. That was kinda scary, as I even "braced for impact". If it wasn't for the safer barriers, DP may not have been walking away from that wreck with any significant injuries.

I can't wait for the 500 on Sunday. Though Ive been to the Bud Shootout and the 400 multiple time over the past 11 years, I have been to the 500 since 2002. It's gonna be an all day event. Although I only like 5 miles away, Im leaving early and getting to the track at around 9 AM.

If I remember to take my camera, I'll try to remember to post some pics. Don't know how great pics would be though as the car will be going by at 200 MPH.

Southstander
02-23-2012, 11:03 PM
This will be a nice distraction.

Peanut
02-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Jr got hosed. He was coming like a freight train on that last lap. He got a heck of a shot coming outta turn 2 and was gonna pass Stewart for the win. You could see it. But unfortunately Danica wrecked which caused the caution to come out and end the race. Thank goodness DP was alright. That was kinda scary, as I even "braced for impact". If it wasn't for the safer barriers, DP may not have been walking away from that wreck with any significant injuries.

I can't wait for the 500 on Sunday. Though Ive been to the Bud Shootout and the 400 multiple time over the past 11 years, I have been to the 500 since 2002. It's gonna be an all day event. Although I only like 5 miles away, Im leaving early and getting to the track at around 9 AM.

If I remember to take my camera, I'll try to remember to post some pics. Don't know how great pics would be though as the car will be going by at 200 MPH.

I usually take my pictures during cautions or pit stops. It's still hard, but more doable. :D

roushmartin6
02-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Duels were great. Sorry to see Kenny Wallace miss the race, after seeing that special Speed Channel did, I was really pulling for him. Hopefully Nascar fixes the overheating or the cars will be blown up by halfway.

Freyaka
02-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Duels were great. Sorry to see Kenny Wallace miss the race, after seeing that special Speed Channel did, I was really pulling for him. Hopefully Nascar fixes the overheating or the cars will be blown up by halfway.

I'm excited that Mcdowell made it though. It's cool seeing a K-Love sponsered race car in the Daytona 500 (expecially since it appears he'll be competitive)

kingelway7
02-24-2012, 08:29 AM
I checked the forecast yesterday morning to see what it said for Sunday and it was High of 75, 35% chance of rain.

Checked the forecast this morning to see what it said for Sunday and it said High of 72, 50% chance of thunderstorms!!!

This is central FL where the forecast is ever changing and the rain stops and starts on a dime at any given moment but still dont like the current forecast for 50% chance of thunderstorms.

Thankfully the race is supposed to start at 1 PM, so in the event of rain, the race is able to be delayed for a good 3-4 hours or so if need be. I know the last thing NASCAR would wanna do is move the race to Monday, especially when next week they are going 2,500 miles away cross country to Pheonix...not to mention the 100's (maybe a few 1,000) of people who'd probably miss the race due to not being able to stay an extra day.

kingelway7
02-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Just an added (kinda) non racing tidbit...

John Earnhardt (1st cousin of DE Sr, 2nd cousin of DE Jr), is preaching at my church tomorrow morning. He's been a guest speaker at my church for the past 5 years but since I moved from Daytona in 2006, I havent met or seen him preach yet. So now that Im back living here Ill finally get the chance to tomorrow.

Itll be interesting; cant wait. Maybe if I ask nicely, he'll score me some VIP passes, lol.

Freyaka
02-24-2012, 09:04 AM
I checked the forecast yesterday morning to see what it said for Sunday and it was High of 75, 35% chance of rain.

Checked the forecast this morning to see what it said for Sunday and it said High of 72, 50% chance of thunderstorms!!!

This is central FL where the forecast is ever changing and the rain stops and starts on a dime at any given moment but still dont like the current forecast for 50% chance of thunderstorms.

Thankfully the race is supposed to start at 1 PM, so in the event of rain, the race is able to be delayed for a good 3-4 hours or so if need be. I know the last thing NASCAR would wanna do is move the race to Monday, especially when next week they are going 2,500 miles away cross country to Pheonix...not to mention the 100's (maybe a few 1,000) of people who'd probably miss the race due to not being able to stay an extra day.

Daytona has lights, they are starting early enough they'll get the whole race in even if they have to go till midnight (and with the way Florida weather goes they'll get at least half the race in prior to midnight to make it official)

BroncosFanInPA
02-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Danica wins the pole for the Nationwide race on Saturday. She becomes only the 2nd female ever to qualify on pole, the other being Shawna Robinson in March of 1994 at Atlanta.

I don't really care if you like her or not but that is a heck of an accomplishment for her to beat out guys like earnhart, stewart, the busch brothers etc. etc. & i say good for her! :salute:

Now let's see if she can back it up on raceday when it counts the most, i predict she will finish in the top 10.

BroncosFanInPA
02-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Stupid Trevor Bayne & Joey Logano cost Tony another win at Daytona that would have given him 7 in Nationwide Series & that would have tied the great Dale Sr.

Smoke & Sadler had a hell of a run on the top side & was gonna win that race easily but you have retards that don't know how to race. :fight:

KnoMo#27
02-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Stupid Trevor Bayne & Joey Logano cost Tony another win at Daytona that would have given him 7 in Nationwide Series & that would have tied the great Dale Sr.

Smoke & Sadler had a hell of a run on the top side & was gonna win that race easily but you have retards that don't know how to race. :fight:

I think you should go watch the replay again and see who's fault it actually was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upyKMO-Ns38

Peanut
02-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I thought it was Kurt who went up to block and squeezed them against the wall.

Tony will get his wins. He's been on a roll.

kingelway7
02-26-2012, 06:14 AM
It's here, the 500. Just a little less than 5 hrs till the green flag drop....barring rain of course. The chance of rain is now up to as high as 70% depending on what source you get a weather report from.

I'll be heading to the track in a little while. It's gonna be a loooong and exciting day (and hopefully a rain free one)...

Southstander
02-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Boogity Boogity Boogity! Let's go racing boys!

Southstander
02-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Does The Great American Race really need a concert?

roushmartin6
02-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Does The Great American Race really need a concert?

Especially with rain all around the track. Same crap. They did this when Kenseth and Waltrip won the rain shortened ones. Fans didn't get to see the whole race but got to see a crappy concert. If they want to have a concert, have it OUTSIDE the track.

BroncosFanInPA
02-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Well it looks like this Daytona 500 has turned into a night race, hopefully that is & not turned into a Monday race. :sad: Go away rain damit!

Peanut
02-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Only time I don't like rain is at the track. Especially if I'm there. :D

Southstander
02-26-2012, 11:57 AM
LOVED!!!!!! That 2013 Mustang Commerical.

Southstander
02-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Only time I don't like rain is at the track. Especially if I'm there. :D

I agee, and will add Baseball games.

roushmartin6
02-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Just postponed the race, screw you Nascar, the track has lights for a reason!

kingelway7
02-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Well that was not the day at the track I was hoping for. It's absolutely pouring here and it will be continuing to rain for ATLEAST another 3 hours. There is no way this race would be able to have been gotten in tonight.

Tomorrow is an 80% chance to thunderstorms. I think I'm gonna wait til late to head to the track tomorrow so I'm not wasting my time in the event it rains again tomorrow.

BroncosFanInPA
02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I hate to say this but i'm gonna be a bit selfish & hope that the start of the race is delayed just for like an hour or two so i can at least see the end of it if not more, because i have to work until 3:00. :sad:

I hate racing on mondays! :(

roushmartin6
02-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I hate to say this but i'm gonna be a bit selfish & hope that the start of the race is delayed just for like an hour or two so i can at least see the end of it if not more, because i have to work until 3:00. :sad:

I hate racing on mondays! :(

I have to go to work at 3 central time. I'm hoping I get to see most of it. Weather sounds crappy for tomorrow so it could possibly be a Tuesday race or heaven forbid the last race in the chase.....

Southstander
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I have to go to work at 3 central time. I'm hoping I get to see most of it. Weather sounds crappy for tomorrow so it could possibly be a Tuesday race or heaven forbid the last race in the chase.....

The Daytona 500 as the Last Race in the Chase would be epic. Can you imagine last years season ender taking place in the Great American Race?:eek:

kingelway7
02-27-2012, 08:24 AM
The 500 has been moved from noon to 7 PM per an announcement from Mike Helton about 10 mins ago. Barring unforeseeable rain, the race will be at 7 PM tonight.

I love night racing so Im glad both that itll be at night and that I wont have to miss work this afternoon to go to the race.

roushmartin6
02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
The 500 has been moved from noon to 7 PM per an announcement from Mike Helton about 10 mins ago. Barring unforeseeable rain, the race will be at 7 PM tonight.

I love night racing so Im glad both that itll be at night and that I wont have to miss work this afternoon to go to the race.

This whole thing has become a joke. Nascar is going to catch so much crap for delaying the season this year.

kingelway7
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
This whole thing has become a joke. Nascar is going to catch so much crap for delaying the season this year.

Actually, everything Im hearing is that NASCAR is doing a great job with how this is being handled. Carl Edwards said last night on the local news that he is willing to wait and that NASCAR is handling this delay the best way considering they're dealing with unpredictable conditions. He wants to get a full 500 miles in even if that means having to wait until tomorrow to do it.

Im gonna go ahead and that a shot and assume that Im the only member of this board that lives in Daytona Beach. There was no way this race was getting started last night. It rained here constantly until midnight and started raining again here at around 8 AM and it is still raining.

NASCAR wont be catch any crap for this unless it by idiot fans who would rather NASCAR make the drivers put themselves in danger by racing in rain or on a wet track.

Oh, also. FYI, theres heavy talk about a few "competition" caution laps being run after the first 20 laps or so to assess the tire ware and such since all the rubber from the last week of racing has been washed off the track do to the rain.

Southstander
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM

Why? There was no way on God's green earth that the race could have been run yesterday.

kingelway7
02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Why? There was no way on God's green earth that the race could have been run yesterday.

You got that right. As soon as the rain stopped the 2nd time they got the blowers out there. They were about 90% done drying the track, about 1/2 of the dryers left the track leaving the other 1/2 to finish a couple spots to dry and then all of a sudden it started to rain again.

Some guy a couple rows near me had his iPad and brought up the weather map. Took one look at that and then left. As I was walking up the steps they came over the PA and said it was postponed. After about 5 mins of the rain starting back up the track was soaked again.

It takes a good hour and a half to 2 hours to dry the track. The dryer trucks go literally about 5 MPH around the track as they dry it. Sure there are about 15 trucks but they have to go around the track about 2 times to get it dry.

Its been bright and sunny here for the last 2 hours but now clouds are slowly setting back in. Hopefully these clouds dont dump any rain, and if they do, they need to be gone by 4:30 or so if the race is gonna start at 7.

Fingers crossed everything goes smooth with the weather and this race gets under way at 7 PM, or at the latest 8 PM. Right now the highest chance of rain for the remainder of the day is 35% and that is at 5 PM. At 6 PM it drops to 25% then down to 20% and then keeps dropping.

Freyaka
02-27-2012, 12:56 PM

Yes because Nascar can control the weather..... Could they have maybe squeezed it in last night? Possibly but the fans had already been sitting there all day in the rain and there was no way of knowing for sure they wouldn't have even more rain later...

No need to give nascar crap they are doing the best they can with what the weather gives them.

kingelway7
02-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Live reports from the track right now just a little after 3 PM local time - Bright & Sunny and the trucks are drying the track right now.

kingelway7
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
It just turned into monsoon conditions outside. Out of no where it suddenly started to absolutely pour. They said on TV the track was just about dry too.

Greeeeeeeat.

2 Minute Warning
02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
It was clearing up, looks like more rain and storms popping up?

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/currentweatherusnational/usdopplerradar_large_animated.html

http://fullscreenradar.com/

Freyaka
02-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity?

Freyaka
02-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Can't stand Jimmy but god dang that was a hard hit!

Southstander
02-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Smoke has a good chance so far.

Freyaka
02-27-2012, 08:13 PM
That was some impressive fireworks!

BroncosFanInPA
02-27-2012, 08:29 PM
That was one of the craziest things i have ever seen.

Frenchy180
02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
as fun as the fire was to watch knowing that everyone was safe... I'll be freaking pissed if I wasted all this time watching the race for it to end like that... Won't even be able to say it ended with a bang :sad:

BroncosFanInPA
02-27-2012, 08:48 PM
as fun as the fire was to watch knowing that everyone was safe... I'll be freaking pissed if I wasted all this time watching the race for it to end like that... Won't even be able to say it ended with a bang :sad:

There is no way Nascar let's it end this way.

CoryWinget81
02-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Stick to the road tracks JPM.

KnoMo#27
02-27-2012, 08:53 PM
I really hope Carl can get it going these last 35 laps and challenge for the win. He has been riding around 25th the last 80 laps.

Freyaka
02-27-2012, 09:13 PM
As much as I would like to see this race start back up I would love to see Blaney win this!

Freyaka
02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
LAAAAAAAAAMMMMMEEE!!
I can't believe I stayed up for that garbage....Matt Kenseth sucks!

kingelway7
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Crazy race. Just crazy. The whole fire things was just bizarre, nuts.

Bummer Junior couldn't pull it off. Biffle just would not separate from Kenseth which kept Junior from winning.

Freyaka
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Crazy race. Just crazy. The whole fire things was just bizarre, nuts.

Bummer Junior couldn't pull it off. Biffle just would not separate from Kenseth which kept Junior from winning.

Yea.....the only good Roush car is one that's implanted in the wall (well ok, Edwards is bearable.....but I can't stand the others)

KnoMo#27
02-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Yea.....the only good Roush car is one that's implanted in the wall (well ok, Edwards is bearable.....but I can't stand the others)

I'm a Carl fan and I also can's stand Biff or Kenseth. I don't like the Biff's weird bug eyes or his attitude and Kenseth just seams like the most boring person ever.

On a side note, what was Biffle doing? He could have easily won this race. He said that he and Jr couldn't get a big enough run but I don't buy that. He could have pulled to the outside coming to the line...

Broncoholic JS
02-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Well I was hoping Jr or Regan Smith would win.

Peanut
02-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Stick to the road tracks JPM.

Because his car broke? :confused:

I'm a Carl fan and I also can's stand Biff or Kenseth. I don't like the Biff's weird bug eyes or his attitude and Kenseth just seams like the most boring person ever.

On a side note, what was Biffle doing? He could have easily won this race. He said that he and Jr couldn't get a big enough run but I don't buy that. He could have pulled to the outside coming to the line...

I thought he could have gone around Kenseth. It seemed more like he was blocking JR.

kingelway7
02-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Biffle can say what he wants about not being able to get a run, but its not true. Biffle was clearly blocking Jr from getting to Kenseth. Im sure if Jr knew that Biffle wouldnt pull to the outside, he would have blown by Biffle back when they were on the backstretch.

Kenseth and Biffle both had great cars but Jr, along with Hamlin, has absurd cars. I dont know why they never really hooked up. I know they drive different cars and arent teammates but when it gets towards the end, who cares? Hook up and get each other to the front and then battle it out.

I doubt they showed much on TV but the drivers were putting on a show on the backstretch (which is where I was sitting) during the red flag. Jr and one other drive ran about a 200 feet foot race to the port-a-potty that was just over the wall. Drivers were bowing and making gestures to the crowd - just acting stupid to keep the fans entertained for a little while. It made the delay go by rather quickly until they got back in their cars.

Thankfully Montoya and the driver of the dryer truck were both alright. That was crazy. I was sitting when the impact took place so I couldnt see it. All I saw was the huge flash of light down going in to Turn 3 and then smoke starting to rise. I stood up and then saw just the massive fire and fuel just pouring on to the track. Then all of a sudden the fire just tripled in size within seconds.

It was crazy. Something out of a movie it seemed. Thankfully everyone was alright.

CoryWinget81
02-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Because his car broke? :confused:

I thought he could have gone around Kenseth. It seemed more like he was blocking JR.

He just seems to have better luck on the roadies.

Yeah, I agree with you. Biff was blocking hard. It's the Daytona 500, and you blocked when you had a chance to beat your teammate to the line.

Congrats, you just told all of NASCAR what a little lapdog you are.

Freyaka
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Love this quote from JPM

Montoya: "I have hit a lot of things, but a jet dryer? I mean, no."

Yes, Juan, yes you have!

kingelway7
02-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. Biff was blocking hard. It's the Daytona 500, and you blocked when you had a chance to beat your teammate to the line.

Congrats, you just told all of NASCAR what a little lapdog you are.

Word is that Biffle agreed help Kenseth win as repayment for what he did to Kenseth in the Dual race on Thursday.

BroncosFanInPA
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Is it just me or was there like very little passing last night? Especially in the outside line, it just seemed like the outside line could not move at all & could not get any kind of run on the inside line which to me is very disappointing.

I was excited when they changed the rules to break up the two car tandem because i did not like that style of racing & was looking forward to getting back to the pack racing which is what happened but it was not what i expected & after watching i think having the two cars hooked up would have been more entertaining because at least there would have been passing.

I just can't understand what the problem was because i never remember when racing in the big pack that one lane was so much stronger than the other lane & just so few passes were made & passing opportunities seemed non-exsistent.

Outside of the bizarre montoya crash, overall i must say i was very disappointed with the race & don't recall a more boring & stagnet Daytona 500.

Peanut
02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm not a fan of restrictor-plate racing. It's to slow the cars down, right?

Years ago, I told hubby they should repave Daytona and take some of the banking out. He said they wouldn't repave just for that. Last year, they repaved it because of a problematic pothole. IMO, they should have taken just a little out of the banking. That would have slowed the cars enough so that they could get rid of the plates. I think there would be better racing.

They don't listen to me, though. :sad:

Oh, and Cory. I thought you were calling me a "lapdog". Had to read it again. :D

BroncosFanInPA
02-28-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm not a fan of restrictor-plate racing. It's to slow the cars down, right?

Years ago, I told hubby they should repave Daytona and take some of the banking out. He said they wouldn't repave just for that. Last year, they repaved it because of a problematic pothole. IMO, they should have taken just a little out of the banking. That would have slowed the cars enough so that they could get rid of the plates. I think there would be better racing.

They don't listen to me, though. :sad:

Oh, and Cory. I thought you were calling me a "lapdog". Had to read it again. :D

That is an intersting idea & it would certainly work because palces like texas & charlotte they go down into the corners over 200 mph & i believe the banking there is around 24 degrees, but i doubt they ever even considered it because alot of fans love the plate races, i used to but they aren't what they used to be.

Peanut
02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
That is an intersting idea & it would certainly work because palces like texas & charlotte they go down into the corners over 200 mph & i believe the banking there is around 24 degrees, but i doubt they ever even considered it because alot of fans love the plate races, i used to but they aren't what they used to be.

Plate racing always mess up my fantasy teams. :P

It doesn't matter how good the driver is, it matters where on the track they are when the accidents happen. I think that's why there are so many first time winners at Daytona.

Southstander
02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
NASCAR Penalties Jimmie Johnson loses 25 driver pts, crew chief Chad Knaus suspended 6 races (equipment violations).

BroncosFanInPA
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
NASCAR Penalties Jimmie Johnson loses 25 driver pts, crew chief Chad Knaus suspended 6 races (equipment violations).

I honestly don't think they should have taken the points but instead Knaus should be gone for the year instead, i mean why should JJ have to pay for what Knaus does?

I understand it's standard nascar protocol but Knaus keeps getting nothing but a slap on the wrist at this point after so many things he has done, so why does nascar allow him to stick around.

Freyaka
02-29-2012, 04:22 PM
So everyone who has ever posted in this thread has more Points than Jimmy this year!

BroncosFanInPA
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM
So everyone who has ever posted in this thread has more Points than Jimmy this year!

Poor Jimmie :ugh: I'm not gonna say i like him, actually got frustrated with him for winning so many titles in a row but i have a great deal of respect for what he accomplished & he is a hell of a racer & i just feel he doesn't deserve the wrath for Knaus being a retard.

darth-hideous
02-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Damn i just wanna watch the shiny cars go zoom, i remember selling popcorn and peanuts in the stands at the local track when i was a kid just to watch the races for free, if i made a couple buck it was cool, but it didn't bother me at all if i didn't sell anything.

Freyaka
02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Poor Jimmie :ugh: I'm not gonna say i like him, actually got frustrated with him for winning so many titles in a row but i have a great deal of respect for what he accomplished & he is a hell of a racer & i just feel he doesn't deserve the wrath for Knaus being a retard.

No sympathy for the cheaters from me....I'm sorry but when your crew chief has been busted multiple times for cheated and gives you orders like this

hCmCiGCB-5I

And you happen to be driving the same car you were driving when he gave you those orders you know somethings going on and if you don't tell him to stop you are just as guilty.

With those two if you aren't first you aren't cheating hard enough!

BroncosFanInPA
02-29-2012, 07:43 PM
No sympathy for the cheaters from me....I'm sorry but when your crew chief has been busted multiple times for cheated and gives you orders like this

hCmCiGCB-5I

And you happen to be driving the same car you were driving when he gave you those orders you know somethings going on and if you don't tell him to stop you are just as guilty.

With those two if you aren't first you aren't cheating hard enough!

Where did that come from? Because i have never heard any such thing & i follow nascar very closely. That has got to be fake!

KnoMo#27
02-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Where did that come from? Because i have never heard any such thing & i follow nascar very closely. That has got to be fake!

Nope, Its 100% real. They talked about it on the SPEED channel for like a whole 30 mins last year after the fall Dega race. He was involved in the big one anyway I think so it didn't really matter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz8onQYazuQ&feature=related

Freyaka
02-29-2012, 08:30 PM

Talladega last year, it aired on live television. That's the reason I knew about it. It's well documented and I'm not making this crap up.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Chad_Knaus_admits_telling_Jimmie_Johnson_to_intent ionally_damage_his_car_if_he_won_at_Talladega.html

here's the actual video of him telling it captured from within the in car cam.
Hz8onQYazuQ

KnoMo#27
02-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Talladega last year, it aired on live television. That's the reason I knew about it. It's well documented and I'm not making this crap up.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Chad_Knaus_admits_telling_Jimmie_Johnson_to_intent ionally_damage_his_car_if_he_won_at_Talladega.html

here's the actual video of him telling it captured from within the in car cam.
Hz8onQYazuQ

Haha, I was trying to embed that same video, but I forgot how too.

Freyaka
02-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Haha, I was trying to embed that same video, but I forgot how too.

Best part of that video is at the end Jimmy somewhat points at the camera with his left hand then looks over and nods towards it and chad kind of pauses like "oh crap that's filming isn't it" and finishes with "we'll be alright just can't take any chances"

roushmartin6
02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Haha, couldn't happen to a nicer team. Can't stand the cheater. Johnson gets to be a victim again, although he benefits more than he gets hurt. If he really hated being penalized all the time he would tell Rick to get someone else to be his crew chief.

KnoMo#27
03-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Why is Chad Knaus at track this week. I thought if a CC gets suspended they can't be anywhere near the track. Don't tell me NASCAR took away the 6 race suspension.

Peanut
03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Why is Chad Knaus at track this week. I thought if a CC gets suspended they can't be anywhere near the track. Don't tell me NASCAR took away the 6 race suspension.

Maybe because it's under appeal? I don't know.

Knaus' version:

Knaus talks about penalty:
WHAT IS YOUR REACTION TO THE PENALTY? "Obviously, I'm deeply saddened of course. We didn't expect this. It's not the way that we wanted to start off the season. It is good to have the support of everybody at Hendrick Motorsports (HMS). We will go after this thing, hopefully get it resolved and beaten and go back to business. Right now we are focused on getting through Phoenix and trying to win this championship this year."
WHEN YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T EXPECT IT, DID YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THE SUSPENSION OR YOU JUST DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE IN THIS POSITION A FEW WEEKS AGO? "Really didn't expect any of it, to be quite honest with you. We do everything we can to build the best race cars we possibly can to bring to the race track. That is what we do. Unfortunately, they didn't like something and we have to address that. It definitely was not foreseen."
HOW DID NASCAR DETERMINE IT WAS ILLEGAL? "It was all visual. The templates were never actually put on the car. It was a visual inspection at that point. We never even got the opportunity to actually present that under templates. It is unfortunate, there is a bit of subjectiveness to it and that is why we are going through the appeal."
WITH A PENALTY THIS HEFTY, DON'T YOU THINK A TEAM AND OR AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT FOR THE THING TO BE MEASURED? "That will definitely come up during the appeal. We will just have to talk about it at that point. NASCAR does a good job; they have a good set-up structure and a good set of standards that are in black and white, some areas that are not."
THIS CAR HAD BEEN THROUGH INSPECTION BEFORE WITH THE SAME PIECE: "Multiple times."(Chevy PR)(3-2-2012)

BroncosFanInPA
03-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Like Peanut said it's been appealed, so until the appeal is heard the suspension in effect has not been enforced yet, however the 25 points they docked JJ is in effect regardless, that is i suppose unless it would happen to get overturned.

But as of right now Jimmie has -23 points. :eek:

Peanut
03-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Like Peanut said it's been appealed, so until the appeal is heard the suspension in effect has not been enforced yet, however the 25 points they docked JJ is in effect regardless, that is i suppose unless it would happen to get overturned.

But as of right now Jimmie has -23 points. :eek:

I don't see them overturning it. NASCAR doesn't overturn too many things. If they do this one, people are going to yell about favoritism.

Poor Jimmie. Not really, but that is not the best way to start the season. :D

Southstander
03-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I do like Jimmie's new paint job.

Freyaka
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't see them overturning it. NASCAR doesn't overturn too many things. If they do this one, people are going to yell about favoritism.

Poor Jimmie. Not really, but that is not the best way to start the season. :D

An even better way to start this season would be if someone could put the cheater in the wall! (not enough to hurt him physically just end his chances of a good finish!)

Southstander
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
An even better way to start this season would be if someone could put the cheater in the wall! (not enough to hurt him physically just end his chances of a good finish!)

This is uncalled for. I am not just saying this because I am a fan of his. To me wanting someone to purposely put some into the wall is wrong regulard less of who it is.

For full disclosure 10 years ago when Dale Sr had his Daytona crash, before I found out it killed him, I hoped he was out for a few races. Not hurt mind you, or worse what happened. I now know how wrong I was. I hate to see other make that same mistake.

As far as the cheating goes I think he should be punished. As well as Chad like I said earlier for 6 months. But let's be honest here this is not the first time, nor will it be the last time some has cheated and/or cheated repeatedly in NASCAR. It is a problem as old as the sport. To hammer Jimmie and HMS for doing what a majority of drivers and teams have done in the past is disingenuous.DW has talked about how they a radio that weighted different in inspection then the one they used on the track.

Freyaka
03-06-2012, 10:21 AM
This is uncalled for. I am not just saying this because I am a fan of his. To me wanting someone to purposely put some into the wall is wrong regulard less of who it is.

For full disclosure 10 years ago when Dale Sr had his Daytona crash, before I found out it killed him, I hoped he was out for a few races. Not hurt mind you, or worse what happened. I now know how wrong I was. I hate to see other make that same mistake.

As far as the cheating goes I think he should be punished. As well as Chad like I said earlier for 6 months. But let's be honest here this is not the first time, nor will it be the last time some has cheated and/or cheated repeatedly in NASCAR. It is a problem as old as the sport. To hammer Jimmie and HMS for doing what a majority of drivers and teams have done in the past is disingenuous.DW has talked about how they a radio that weighted different in inspection then the one they used on the track.

Well I can't stand the guy, I would love if he brushed the wall every week (I am not in any way hoping for anything serious I don't want him or fans injured) but I'm just sick to death of him and his team.

My least favorite drivers in order are
Jimmy Johnson
Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Matt Kenseth
Gregg Biffle

When the top 3 on that list get in a wreck I almost always grin a bit (as long as it's completely obvious they are ok, the one Jimmy had at Daytona for example, there was no excitement there, I don't wish that kind of a wreck on anyone) but ya, bending a fender and ending their day, nope I don't have a problem with that I enjoy seeing it happen because I can't stand them!

I get that you like Jimmy (so does my dad and brother) but I can't see him without a mental image of a cheating weasel who wouldn't be half as good as he is without "pushing the limits of the rules" I get that a lot of people get busted for cheating but outside of Knaus and Johnson it just seems very rare, you almost never see anyone else getting busted as often as they are.

I completely get what you are saying on the Dale Sr side of things, he was one of my favorite drivers at the time and no one wanted to see that happen but, good or bad I do enjoy Johnsons misfortune, I don't want him getting into serious crashes but I sure as heck would love to see him have a season full of poor finishes for once. To me it would make the season worth watching if he missed the chase (it'll be a good 10 years before we see that happen honestly) I get your a fan of his and roles reversed I wouldn't like hearing someone wishing misfortune on my driver (he has enough of his own lol though I'm about to the point where I'm going to start referring to Stewart as my driver) but it is what it is and I just flat out can't stand the guy!

CoryWinget81
03-06-2012, 10:22 AM
They need to start suspending drivers. I'm VERY sick of the "oh, I just drive the car", passing the buck excuse.

Freyaka
03-06-2012, 10:31 AM
They need to start suspending drivers. I'm VERY sick of the "oh, I just drive the car", passing the buck excuse.

No crap....I'm sorry but if your Crew Chief is skating the edge of the rules to the point that he has to tell you to damage the car if you win....Dude your fully aware what's going on and you need more than some points taken away....

Freyaka
03-06-2012, 10:36 AM
and roles reversed I wouldn't like hearing someone wishing misfortune on my driver (he has enough of his own lol though I'm about to the point where I'm going to start referring to Stewart as my driver) but it is what it is and I just flat out can't stand the guy!

Hey speaking of my driver......He's 11th in points lol, how did that happen? It won't last but how did that happen?

Southstander
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Well I can't stand the guy, I would love if he brushed the wall every week (I am not in any way hoping for anything serious I don't want him or fans injured) but I'm just sick to death of him and his team.

Jimmy Johnson
Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Matt Kenseth
Gregg Biffle

When the top 3 on that list get in a wreck I almost always grin a bit (as long as it's completely obvious they are ok, the one Jimmy had at Daytona for example, there was no excitement there, I don't wish that kind of a wreck on anyone) but ya, bending a fender and ending their day, nope I don't have a problem with that I enjoy seeing it happen because I can't stand them!

I get that you like Jimmy (so does my dad and brother) but I can't see him without a mental image of a cheating weasel who wouldn't be half as good as he is without "pushing the limits of the rules" I get that a lot of people get busted for cheating but outside of Knaus and Johnson it just seems very rare, you almost never see anyone else getting busted as often as they are.

I completely get what you are saying on the Dale Sr side of things, he was one of my favorite drivers at the time and no one wanted to see that happen but, good or bad I do enjoy Johnsons misfortune, I don't want him getting into serious crashes but I sure as heck would love to see him have a season full of poor finishes for once. To me it would make the season worth watching if he missed the chase (it'll be a good 10 years before we see that happen honestly) I get your a fan of his and roles reversed I wouldn't like hearing someone wishing misfortune on my driver (he has enough of his own lol though I'm about to the point where I'm going to start referring to Stewart as my driver) but it is what it is and I just flat out can't stand the guy!

I understand where you are coming fr

Southstander
03-06-2012, 04:19 PM

Jimmy Johnson
Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Matt Kenseth
Gregg Biffle

I understand where you are coming from, I do think I did not explain my point as well as I thought I did. It's not that you where wishing my driver would hit the wall. It was that wanting ANY driver to hit the wall. Some of reasons it effects more then just the driver. It effects the pay day for all the crew members and how they support their familes. It effects the sponser, their by effecting the sponsors employees. It effects the drivers fans, in some cases how those fans treat their families. There are countless women every year that are abused by their boyfreinds or husbands because the significant old was drunk and upset that his team/ driver lost. When you start to think of it that way it makes it impossible to cheer/hope against other team or drivers! In addition as a Born Again Christian I know Jesus does not want us to wish that bad things happen to other people. I'll get off my soap box now.

Southstander
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
No crap....I'm sorry but if your Crew Chief is skating the edge of the rules to the point that he has to tell you to damage the car if you win....Dude your fully aware what's going on and you need more than some points taken away....

I completely agree. If it is possible to prove that a driver knows about the cheating he sits and so does the car. Yes, I know in my lay post I said you have to think about how being knocked out of the race effects more then the driver. But that is EXCACTLY why I am saying this. The crew members have to know that they are breaking the rules. They are not guiltless in this. The sponser would not want their name on a car that is always being forced to sit because of cheating. It hurts their brand. Going this route would help kill off cheating if not eliminate it as a whole. Heck I say if it a multiple time cheater shut down the entire team. Every car and driver. Once the risk of getting caught of cheating is out reward of getting away with it. It will stop.

Freyaka
03-11-2012, 01:59 PM
This race would be a great one to sleep through....

BroncosFanInPA
03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
What a final 30 or so laps with all the restarts , tony was so dam strong on restarts but jimmie was so strong too & tony just held him off for his first career win at vegas.

Smoke has now won on every track except Darlington & Kentucky but you can hardly even count Kentucky against him because last year was the first time ever there.

So i seriously look for him to cross Darlington off the list later in the season & for all intent purposes will be the first driver to win on every single track that the cup series runs on. Smoke is on a hell of a run! :salute:

Southstander
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Congrats to Smoke and our ownBFinPA.

Freyaka
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
What a final 30 or so laps with all the restarts , tony was so dam strong on restarts but jimmie was so strong too & tony just held him off for his first career win at vegas.

Smoke has now won on every track except Darlington & Kentucky but you can hardly even count Kentucky against him because last year was the first time ever there.

So i seriously look for him to cross Darlington off the list later in the season & for all intent purposes will be the first driver to win on every single track that the cup series runs on. Smoke is on a hell of a run! :salute:

Yea it looks like I picked a good time to hop on the stewart bandwagon (I've always liked him but I'm now referring to him as my driver) Still like Labonte but he's careers near done time to find someone new to cheer for.

Peanut
03-11-2012, 08:32 PM

I'm glad I have him on one of my fantasy teams. I took a hit today.

Don't be surprised if NASCAR takes a look at his gear assembly. In Johnson's interview, it sounded like he was suspicious of Tony's restarts.

Thors Hammer
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm glad I have him on one of my fantasy teams. I took a hit today.

Don't be surprised if NASCAR takes a look at his gear assembly. In Johnson's interview, it sounded like he was suspicious of Tony's restarts.

On Fox's in race audio, Stewart told Steve Addington to tell NASCAR to watch the restarts because Johnson was laying back trying to get a run on the restarts.

InElwayWeTrust
03-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Who won the race today? I don't really follow NASCAR but I live here in Vegas so I was just wondering.

Peanut
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
On Fox's in race audio, Stewart told Steve Addington to tell NASCAR to watch the restarts because Johnson was laying back trying to get a run on the restarts.

That's what it looked like. Also looked like he was trying to make it look like Stewart jumped the restarts.

Who won the race today? I don't really follow NASCAR but I live here in Vegas so I was just wondering.

Tony Stewart.

You should go to a race. It's fun. Maybe start with the Truck series---cheaper, less crowd and better racing. :D

InElwayWeTrust
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
That's what it looked like. Also looked like he was trying to make it look like Stewart jumped the restarts.

Tony Stewart.

You should go to a race. It's fun. Maybe start with the Truck series---cheaper, less crowd and better racing. :D

I've been to a NASCAR truck race here in Vegas. It was pretty fun! I just get bored quickly watching it on TV. If I happen to turn it on with less that 20 laps left I usually watch it. I usually root for Jimmy Johnson but have no idea what I'm talking about. :laugh:

BroncoManiac_69
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
I've been to a NASCAR truck race here in Vegas. It was pretty fun! I just get bored quickly watching it on TV. If I happen to turn it on with less that 20 laps left I usually watch it. I usually root for Jimmy Johnson but have no idea what I'm talking about. :laugh:

We went to the first truck race there under the lights the first year the track opened.

I was just down the rode on Sunday but didn't get to the race. Living in Vegas for 11 years and being so close here in Utah, I still have not made the big dance at LVMS.

Maybe next year is a routine thought.

Tony's restarts were dramatic and obvious. I'm not sure if there was illegal practices going on there but he did seem to burst out of there awfully faster than Jimmie and the pack.

It was such a nice day in Vegas too weather wise. They are still trying to get 2 races held there a year rather than 1.

Southstander
03-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Congrats to Brad Keselowski.

BroncoManiac_69
03-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Grats to Brad. It was odd for me to see some of the big names so far back in the pack.

KnoMo#27
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I really hated yesterday's race, especially lap 24! And those of you know who my favorite driver is you probably know why. :mad:

Southstander
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Mr Jimmie Johnson has his loss of 25 points rescinded, crew chief Mr Chad Knaus has his 6-race ban rescinded.

Peanut
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Mr Jimmie Johnson has his loss of 25 points rescinded, crew chief Mr Chad Knaus has his 6-race ban rescinded.

UPDATE: NATIONAL STOCK CAR RACING CHIEF APPELLATE OFFICER STATEMENT:
On March 20, 2012, the Chief Appellate Officer heard and considered the appeal of the penalties resulting from the #48 Hendrick Motorsports NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team. This stemmed from an opening day inspection for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Daytona International Speedway on February 17, 2012.
The penalties concern Section 12-1 of the NASCAR Rule Book "Actions detrimental to stock car racing;" Section 12-4(J): "Any determination by NASCAR Officials that the Race Equipment used in the Event does not conform to NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20 of the NASCAR Rule Book, or has not been approved by NASCAR prior to the Event;" and Section 20-2.1(E): "If in the judgment of NASCAR Officials, any part or component of the car not previously approved by NASCAR that has been installed or modified to enhance aerodynamic performance, will not be permitted: Unapproved car body modifications."
The results of the appeal hearing were as follows:
- Rescinding the loss of 25 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Car Owner points (for Jeff Gordon).
- Rescinding the loss of 25 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Driver points (for Jimmie Johnson).
- Rescinding the six (6) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Events suspension for the Crew Chief (Chad Knaus) and Car Chief (Ron Malec), however both will remain on NASCAR probation until May 9, 2012.
- $100,000 fine remains in place for the Crew Chief (Chad Knaus).
John Middlebrook  Chief Appellate Officer.(NASCAR)(3-20-2012)

Freyaka
03-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Anyone else notice Joey Lagano was in the crowd for American Idol this week? lol

KnoMo#27
03-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Anyone else notice Joey Lagano was in the crowd for American Idol this week? lol

Why was stale bread on American Idol?:laugh: