PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Freyaka
03-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Why was stale bread on American Idol?:laugh:

Probably something to do with it being the filmed in the middle of the week and they are in california this week.

H6B0STi1P-4

Lagano and Bayne both showed up again thursday night for the results show.

Dieselspeed
03-24-2012, 11:28 AM
I tell you what, I'd really like to make it up to Bristol for the night race come August.

FLBroncFan
03-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Anyone else notice Joey Lagano was in the crowd for American Idol this week? lol

THAT was Logano? Shoot, didn't recognize him....thought that was a Cornhusker fan. :D

Southstander
03-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I never heard why Mr Kurt Busch was moved from the #2 then out of Penskie completely.

Southstander
03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Smoke gets it done again.

Freyaka
03-26-2012, 05:16 AM
I never heard why Mr Kurt Busch was moved from the #2 then out of Penskie completely.

Sponsor wanted Brad in the 2. As far as why he left all together he was a diva and tough to handle and at the end of the season last year he went off on a reporter (dr punch). Penske finally said enough is enough.

Southstander
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Sponsor wanted Brad in the 2. As far as why he left all together he was a diva and tough to handle and at the end of the season last year he went off on a reporter (dr punch). Penske finally said enough is enough.

Thank you.

Peanut
03-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Trucks on a road course again? How cool would that be? :D

Trucks to Road America in 2013? Canadian track also hoping to be in the mix: NASCAR is expected to announce soon that the Camping World Truck Series will return to road-course racing in the 2013 season and that is great news for Canada's Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. A source close to Camping World loop told the Toronto Sun that negotiations are all but complete to add a race at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., for next season. That same source also said NASCAR would most certainly add a second road course so that it would make economic sense for the truck teams. "Teams would have to construct purpose built trucks for Road America so to keep those costs in line a second race just makes sense." A truck race at CTMS--formerly Mosport--would be a prefect fit for the track's new owners. Ron Fellows--and his partners Alan Boughton and Carlo Fidani--have been actively pursuing a top NASCAR touring series race. "I was on the phone June 1 (the day the group announced it had purchased the legendary Ontario track) with NASCAR officials telling them we wanted a race," Fellows said in a phone interview from Toronto. "And we are continuing to seek a race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park." It will be at least mid to late summer before NASCAR bosses release their 2013 schedules but it is now a good bet that there will be two truck races turning left and right next season. Fellows said that the addition of Canadian Tire--a major NASCAR partner--as the name sponsor at CTMS will boost the track chances at getting the nod for a race.(TorontoSun.com)(3-11-2012)

Freyaka
04-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Google to create an autonomous race car team

http://www.google.com/racing/
http://www.nascar.com/video/none/none/120331/cup-mar-google/

It is of course an april fools joke

roushmartin6
04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Missed the Texas race because of work but sounds like I didn't miss much. At least Mark ran well, he is going to win some races real soon.

BroncosFanInPA
05-12-2012, 06:25 AM
WOW! So i go away on vacation (extended one at that) & you guys let this thread die down? Ok i understand alot of the races this year have been rather boring with very few cautions & long gren runs but there have been a few things worth talking about.

Like how about the crazy Martinsville finish, Jeff & Jimmie got screwed out of that win, i almost felt bad for them for like 3 seconds but hey my man smoke kinda got screwed out of a win a few weeks later but i'll get to that in a minute.

How about Bruton Smith's decision to tear up Bristol after just a few years of the repave & reconfigure to try & bring back some of the old school beating & banging. The attendance for that race was really bad but the place holds so many 160,00 that makes it look bad even if there was around 80,000 there.

What about the Texas race? Oh man was that a rough one to watch, the final 234 laps green, are you serious?? How about a freaking phantom debris caution nascar? Well that leads me back to smoke at Richmond, he had that race won & wouldn't you know it nascar picks that race to throw the stupid debris caution with 13 laps to go & cost him the race because he flat out sucked on restatrs & i knew he was done & lost the race once the caution came out.

Oh well that's racing & how it goes sometimes, but i glad to be back & hope you boys & you too peanut ;) come back to this thread & one more thing i thought was rather ironic is the fact one of the last things i posted was after tony won at Las Vegas & only has Darlington & Kentucky which i don't even count because they just raced there for the first time last year, so Darlington as the only track remaing for him to have won at every track they run, no other driver can make claim to that, not Jeff, not Jimmie, nobody is even really close.

So in closing i'll repeat what i said back then, & that is i expect him to win that race tonight & click "The Lady In Black" off his list & make history. :thumb:

BroncosFanInPA
05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Well unfortunately tony could not get the job done tonight & finished 3rd but he had his chance. As much as this pains me to say, congrats to jimmie & mr. hendrick for #200, i'm so depressed because this was tony's best chance ever at darligton & i'm really starting to think he's cursed.

And what i mean by that is two things, one is obviously the Daytona 500 & of course the Darlington race. What the hell is stopping one of the greatest of all time from winning these two races?

And on a side not i'm really disappointed that none of you nascar fans responded to me today!!

Peanut
05-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi. :D

This thread has a tendency to fade and then get really busy again. I guess it depends on what other sport is going on at the same time.

I thought Tony was done after his extended pit stop. I was quite pleased he came back and got third (he's on one of my fantasy teams).

What the heck was wrong with Newman's crew?

BroncosFanInPA
05-13-2012, 07:13 AM

This thread has a tendency to fade and then get really busy again. I guess it depends on what other sport is going on at the same time.

I thought Tony was done after his extended pit stop. I was quite pleased he came back and got third (he's on one of my fantasy teams).

Yeah i too tought his chances were done after that stop, he went from 5th back to 15th or 16th & at that point i figured his only shot was to try to stretch the fuel if it went green to the end, so that's what they did, they topped off with the one to go & that was the plan but there was more cautions.

I really thought he was gonna pull it off on the final restart lining up on the inside of johnson because his car was good on the bottom of the track, but tony said he had lost fuel pressure on the backstretch & then got it back but started dropping again coming down the frontstretch for the green & that cost him his shot for the win.

As for Newman's crew, i don't really know why that escalated to the point that it did, obviously Kurt Busch really had nothing to do with newman getting spun out, but hey it's cool to have a little excitement once in a while.

Freyaka
05-13-2012, 07:38 AM

It really wasn't Newmans "crew" so much as it was that one big guy that was out of control...Maybe he had some Gamma radiation and the wreck made him angry? I dunno though he wasn't really green enough for that...

I'm annoyed that Jimmy got win #200....I was hoping for Jr, Gordon or Kahne (though I'd prefer Kasey or Jr get it out of the 3) but I just flat out can't stand Jimmy so I didn't want him to get 200....oh well now that the 200th win is out of the way maybe Jr can start winning some races instead of just running really well.

Peanut
05-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Newman, Busch called to NASCAR hauler after Darlington race: Several of #39-Ryan Newman's crewmen confronted #51-Kurt Busch on Saturday night at Darlington Raceway following an ill-advised decision by Busch to do a burnout through Newman's pit box. After Busch had a flat tire and crashed with six laps remaining - an incident which also collected Newman - the Phoenix Racing driver lost his cool and began yelling on the team radio. When Busch completed his pit stop to fix damage shortly after the wreck, he & did a loud, angry burnout while leaving his pit box. The burnout startled fans in the stands and put up a huge plume of smoke, an expression of Busch's frustration at a promising night gone bad. But while doing the burnout, Busch drove through Newman's pit box as well - and several Newman crew members were still over the wall after recently completing service on the #39 car. Among the angry crewmen was Newman's gas man, Andy Rueger, who went to the #51 hauler to await Busch's arrival. Rueger planned to confront Busch immediately after the race. But Busch's team knew Newman's crew was upset, and so crew chief Nick Harrison instructed Busch to stop at the entrance of pit road and leave the car there instead. The driver was livid on the radio and had been screaming obscenities during the final few laps, and the team felt it would be a good idea for him just to get off the track. Words were exchanged between the crewmen and Busch, and a NASCAR official fell onto Busch's hood in the process. Though contact with Rueger sparked the official's tumble, NASCAR's Robin Pemberton said the official just lost his footing. It's unclear whether NASCAR will issue any penalties in this situation. If NASCAR feels its official tumbled onto the hood on his own, then Newman's gas man could go unpunished.(SB Nation)

AND: #39-Ryan Newman had strong words for #51-Kurt Busch after their incident Saturday night. Here's what Newman told [Dustin Long] in a one-on-one conversation about the incident:
(WHAT HAPPENED?)
"I'm not sure what happened. It's easy to see and it's easy to say that Kurt blew a fuse again. I'm not sure why he did it and tried to run over our guys and NASCAR officials. And nobody is. I think the chemical imbalance speaks for itself. Kurt drilled me in pit lane and said that he was taking his helmet off and he didn't see where he was going,

There you go. Seems like Kurt has a temper.

BroncosFanInPA
05-14-2012, 11:03 AM
There you go. Seems like Kurt has a temper.

Thanks for that info. Looks like Kurt should go talk to little brother Kyle & get whatever help he got because Kyle has calmed down alot since his little episode in the truck race with Hornaday at Texas last year.

Maybe they could get a group family discount. :P

Peanut
05-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks for that info. Looks like Kurt should go talk to little brother Kyle & get whatever help he got because Kyle has calmed down alot since his little episode in the truck race with Hornaday at Texas last year.

Maybe they could get a group family discount. :P

:laugh:

I really think Joe Gibbs played a big part in Kyle's progress. Joe has such a calming personality.

Yeah. That little episode. I like Kyle. I don't like Hornaday. So it was like, "That was a stupid thing to do, Kyle!" as I'm smiling (a little).

roushmartin6
05-14-2012, 10:01 PM
I've had to work most of the last races. I did see Kurt freaked out again sealing his fate to bottom feeder teams. Only way he gets a good team again is if Kyle moves his team up

BroncosFanInPA
05-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Kurt has been fined & put on probabtion

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has fined Kurt Busch, driver of the No. 51 car in the Sprint Cup Series, $50,000 and placed him on NASCAR probation until July 25 for his actions during the May 12 race at Darlington Raceway.

Related: Another Southern 500 melee on pit road

Kurt Busch violated Section 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; reckless driving on pit road during the race; involved in an altercation with another competitor after the completion of the race) of the 2012 NASCAR Rule Book. Additionally, Craig Strickler, a crew member for the No. 51 team, has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for violating Section 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; interfering with a member of the broadcast media).

Tony Gibson, crew chief for the No. 39 Sprint Cup Series team, has been placed on NASCAR probation until June 27 for violating Section 12-1 and Sections 12-4G and 9-4A (Crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members). Andrew Rueger, a crew member for the No. 39 team, has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until June 27 for violating Section 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; failure to comply with a directive from a NASCAR official). Both of these violations occurred post-race.

FLBroncFan
05-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Jimmie Johnson leading the Sprint All Star Race in Charlotte.....20 laps completed.

Followed by Kyle Busch, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin and Greg Biffle.

BroncosFanInPA
05-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Well i must say that the all star race was even a big letdown, i thought for sure that there would be some excitement & beating & banging & there would be some wrecks & once again like nearly every single race this year, there was nothing.

So what's going on this year? Come on Nascar fans what's your thoughts on why these races this year have all been rather boring, filled with extremely long green flag runs & very few cautions? I'm almost afraid to think of what the Coke 600 will look like based on how things have been, an extra 100 miles with extended green could leave single digit cars on the lead lap & that is not a good thing at all.

So what does anybody think, will things change at some point this year or will it stay this way all year?

Southstander
05-23-2012, 03:36 PM
NASCAR Hall Of Fame Herb Thomas, Rusty Wallace, Leonard Wood, Cotton Owens, Buck Baker elected to NASCAR Hall of Fame.

Peanut
05-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Darn it! Anyone but Dario. Oh, well. At least he was a friend of Wheldon's. I really wanted Kanaan to win. Sato would have been good, too. :D

Southy, no Indy 500 thread this year? I guess this is our all-racing thread. :D

BroncosFanInPA, I usually end up taking a little nap during the 600. Long greens aren't bad if there's a lot of passing, but that's not usually the case. So, yeah, I end up drifting off.

FLBroncFan
05-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Well i must say that the all star race was even a big letdown, i thought for sure that there would be some excitement & beating & banging & there would be some wrecks & once again like nearly every single race this year, there was nothing.

So what's going on this year? Come on Nascar fans what's your thoughts on why these races this year have all been rather boring, filled with extremely long green flag runs & very few cautions? I'm almost afraid to think of what the Coke 600 will look like based on how things have been, an extra 100 miles with extended green could leave single digit cars on the lead lap & that is not a good thing at all.

So what does anybody think, will things change at some point this year or will it stay this way all year?

I don't see any changes coming down the road any time soon....the focus on safety has, IMHO, reduced the excitement levels of the racing...I agree with this quote:

"My Dad took me to races when it was an eight of mile dirt track, the cars bang each other all night long. Sure it would be hard to go back but the tracks and the cars have gotten so safe that I think they could put some personality back in racing. The points need to be changed, the cars that are laps down need to be put off the track, the restarts need to be only the cars on the lead lap the cars one or two laps back need to be in the back the other cars more laps back need to off the track. Televise the meetings in the trailer after the race and lets hear and see the dirty stuff. As usual if you follow the money you can see who controls the racing, it’s no longer FAN based."

BroncosFanInPA
05-27-2012, 07:47 PM

Oh man that is one time i wish i was wrong! :sad: 9 cars finished on the lead lap, after 12th the rest were 2 or more laps down.

It is getting very difficult to continue to watch these races this year, fortunatley for me i pretty much missed that last hour of the race because we had some severe thunderstorms in our area & the directv signal was out.

What a miserable night of racing & this season is just getting to be so hard to deal with.

FLBroncFan
05-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Oh man that is one time i wish i was wrong! :sad: 9 cars finished on the lead lap, after 12th the rest were 2 or more laps down.

It is getting very difficult to continue to watch these races this year, fortunatley for me i pretty much missed that last hour of the race because we had some severe thunderstorms in our area & the directv signal was out.

What a miserable night of racing & this season is just getting to be so hard to deal with.

What were there like 5 cautions? 4 for debris on the track and 1 for "contact?" What a snoozefest....the only time I saw the fans really come alive was when Dale Jr. nearly passed Denny Hamlin for the lead. Then it was all Kasey Kahne until the checkered flag....

BroncosFanInPA
05-27-2012, 08:08 PM
What were there like 5 cautions? 4 for debris on the track and 1 for "contact?" What a snoozefest....the only time I saw the fans really come alive was when Dale Jr. nearly passed Denny Hamlin for the lead. Then it was all Kasey Kahne until the checkered flag....

It is really hard to understand things this year, i have never seen a year like this one & it's gonna do nothing but hurt the sport overall, because who wants to watch the product being put out there right now?

I mean seriously, there are no rivalries right now, there are no wrecks, there is no real racing each other, it's just like ok go ahead by me.

Heck i thought for dam sure that tony would retaliate against keselowski for him spinning him in the pits but no he just let him go right on by with nothing when the were close on the track, no bump no nothing but of course he was also pouting all night because his car was junk.

BroncoManiac_69
05-27-2012, 09:06 PM
At least the Indy 500 was exciting for race fans

Freyaka
05-29-2012, 08:56 AM
About time my kids namesake does something! Good Job Kasey!!!

Peanut
05-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Going to Dover for the Truck race. It's going to be televised live for the first (I think).

It really would be nice if it cooled down. It gets so hot in those bleachers.

BroncosFanInPA
06-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Going to Dover for the Truck race. It's going to be televised live for the first (I think).

It really would be nice if it cooled down. It gets so hot in those bleachers.

Hope you had a good time despite the rains shortend the race & hope you have a safe trip home because there is severe weather all over the east coast this evening.

Peanut
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Hope you had a good time despite the rains shortend the race & hope you have a safe trip home because there is severe weather all over the east coast this evening.

Thanks. Had a great time. :D

The weather did cool down. Almost too much. When they parked the trucks for the second time, we knew it was over.

Dover has interesting June races. We've had rain-delayed with lightening, rain postponed and now a rain shortened race.

3 of the last four years, we've had rain on the way home. Hubby hates it. I sit there and smile but I know better to say "Isn't it pretty?".

When we got home (MD), we found out that our county had three consecutive tornado warnings. Explains the strong winds when we were crossing the Bay Bridge.

I hope the weather is calm where you are.

FLBroncFan
06-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks. Had a great time. :D

The weather did cool down. Almost too much. When they parked the trucks for the second time, we knew it was over.

Dover has interesting June races. We've had rain-delayed with lightening, rain postponed and now a rain shortened race.

3 of the last four years, we've had rain on the way home. Hubby hates it. I sit there and smile but I know better to say "Isn't it pretty?".

When we got home (MD), we found out that our county had three consecutive tornado warnings. Explains the strong winds when we were crossing the Bay Bridge.

I hope the weather is calm where you are.

Still hoping Colorado will consider getting a NASCAR raceway but there are only rumors.

I have a sister who lives in Cobb Island, Charles county. They are always in danger of getting the brunt of a hurricane. Last year Hurricane Irene gave them quite a scare.

BroncosFanInPA
06-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Nascar has suspended Kurt Busch for this week's race at Pocono for his incident with a reporter this past weekend at Dover. Kurt really needs to get some help because things are spiraling out of control for him & it's a shame because he has a ton of talent.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120604/kbusch-suspended-for-pocono/index.html

FLBroncFan
06-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Nascar has suspended Kurt Busch for this week's race at Pocono for his incident with a reporter this past weekend at Dover. Kurt really needs to get some help because things are spiraling out of control for him & it's a shame because he has a ton of talent.

Wow, that's sad! He's turning into Kyle! :eek:

Peanut
06-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Still hoping Colorado will consider getting a NASCAR raceway but there are only rumors.

I have a sister who lives in Cobb Island, Charles county. They are always in danger of getting the brunt of a hurricane. Last year Hurricane Irene gave them quite a scare.

I heard ages ago that they were considering a track near Colorado Springs (I lived there for a couple of years). That would be cool.

I had to look up Cobb Island. Nice place. I can see why they have hurricane situations. We're between Annapolis and Baltimore.

I've never been a Kurt fan. Talented, yes, but there's something about him I don't like. I like Kyle, though.

BroncosFanInPA
06-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I've never been a Kurt fan. Talented, yes, but there's something about him I don't like. I like Kyle, though.

I don't know, i don't really mind Kurt or Kyle for that matter but sometimes they step over the edge but there's just something i like about guys like those two & Harvick & of course my man Smoke. These are guys not afraid to mix it up on the track & rough somebody up.

But the other thing i like is how they will speak their mind when they are out of the car & being interviewed, they don't feed you a line of garbage about sponsers & thanking everybody under the sun & won't say things like they were scripted kinda like guys like Johnson & Gordon, Kasey Kahne, oh wait that's like almost all of Hendrick but they aren't the only ones like that. You have ones like Kenseth, & Edwards & now that sounds like most of Roush.

Maybe it's a company thing for those teams to have their drivers act a certain way & not how they truly want to act or say what they want. Anyway i don't care for that boring robot type personality & prefer the bad boys of the sport, or at least ones with a real personality.

Peanut
06-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't know, i don't really mind Kurt or Kyle for that matter but sometimes they step over the edge but there's just something i like about guys like those two & Harvick & of course my man Smoke. These are guys not afraid to mix it up on the track & rough somebody up.

But the other thing i like is how they will speak their mind when they are out of the car & being interviewed, they don't feed you a line of garbage about sponsers & thanking everybody under the sun & won't say things like they were scripted kinda like guys like Johnson & Gordon, Kasey Kahne, oh wait that's like almost all of Hendrick but they aren't the only ones like that. You have ones like Kenseth, & Edwards & now that sounds like most of Roush.

Maybe it's a company thing for those teams to have their drivers act a certain way & not how they truly want to act or say what they want. Anyway i don't care for that boring robot type personality & prefer the bad boys of the sport, or at least ones with a real personality.

Why am I not surprised? :P :D

I think each team has an expectation of what their driver should be. I also think sponsors play a big role. They have to keep them happy and rep them a certain way.

I've always thought that Kyle and Joe Gibbs was an interesting combination. Until I remember Joe's football days. :D

I think it's good to have a nice mix. It'd be boring if they were all hotheads or if they were all yes men.

I need to see if I can find a replay of the Indycar race from Sunday. I DVRed it. The track was literally breaking up and they red flagged it. Then, they switched stations.

BroncosFanInPA
06-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Why am I not surprised? :P

Just what are you trying to say here Peanut? That i'm like the Kyle or Kurt of the boards here? :ugh: Well i guess i had that coming because i have been in trouble a few times like them. :sad:

But i much like Kyle have been rehabilitated & am now a model citizen :halo: so...:cheeky:

Peanut
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Just what are you trying to say here Peanut? That i'm like the Kyle or Kurt of the boards here? :ugh: Well i guess i had that coming because i have been in trouble a few times like them. :sad:

But i much like Kyle have been rehabilitated & am now a model citizen :halo: so...:cheeky:

Hey, I did say I like Kyle. He's my main driver in Cup.

Yes, you are.

BroncosFanInPA
06-06-2012, 03:26 PM

Hey, I did say I like Kyle. He's my main driver in Cup.

Yes, you are.

Of course you did, why do you think i used him as my comparison ;)

Ok but seriously i like the aggresive style of guys like him & others i mentioned before & i like the rivalry he has with Harvick that just won't seem to go away & i really think that's what the sport is missing lately, there just aren't any good rivalries on the track anymore.

They talked a bit about that very thing on the broadcast the other day or was it on wind tunnel :confused: but anyway they said perhaps the lack of any rivalries is a part of the reason for the long green flag runs & very few cautions & i think there is something to that.

We need more fights :fight: on the track or hell off the track too.

Peanut
06-06-2012, 10:02 PM

Ok but seriously i like the aggresive style of guys like him & others i mentioned before & i like the rivalry he has with Harvick that just won't seem to go away & i really think that's what the sport is missing lately, there just aren't any good rivalries on the track anymore.

They talked a bit about that very thing on the broadcast the other day or was it on wind tunnel :confused: but anyway they said perhaps the lack of any rivalries is a part of the reason for the long green flag runs & very few cautions & i think there is something to that.

I just wanted to make sure you knew I was joking. You know, keep the fights in NASCAR and not here. :D

They repaved Pocono. I wonder if that's going to change anything. Nice track.

Thors Hammer
06-07-2012, 10:05 AM

I became a NASCAR fan because of Dale Earnhardt's intimidating driving style, but I was also a fan of the drivers who were willing to stand up to him as well. (Rusty Wallace & Terry Labonte)

It's a shame that all of the old school drivers left racing around the same time and took that old school attitude with them.

BroncosFanInPA
06-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I became a NASCAR fan because of Dale Earnhardt's intimidating driving style, but I was also a fan of the drivers who were willing to stand up to him as well. (Rusty Wallace & Terry Labonte)

It's a shame that all of the old school drivers left racing around the same time and took that old school attitude with them.

I think there are still a few old school drivers left or at least aggresive racers that won't back down, like the guys i have been mentioning, Smoke, Harvick the Busch brothers, Montoya can be aggresive & even Newman but the problem of late is it seems everybody is minding their business & have no interest in tangling with somebody on track.

Tony has really calmed down & doesn't have the run-ins he used to & i think a big part of his deal is since he became an owner, he realized how much work goes into putting the cars together & he doesn't want to tear them up, plus it's coming out of his pocket.

Now that's not to say he doesn't still have some bad boy attitude deep down inside & i can see it every once in awhile. As far as the other drivers, i'm not sure why they all seem to be avoiding any type of conflict on the track but i wish something would start brewing & i think maybe there's a chance in a few weeks & that's at the road course at Sonoma.

Those road course races have been some of the most entertaining in recent years &i look forward to those every year & wish they would even add another one or two per year.

BroncoSexyDaddy
06-07-2012, 06:56 PM

It's a shame that all of the old school drivers left racing around the same time and took that old school attitude with them.I liked Richard Petty (old school).Now i'm just a fan of the sport watching some good races with no favorite.

Peanut
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I think there are still a few old school drivers left or at least aggresive racers that won't back down, like the guys i have been mentioning, Smoke, Harvick the Busch brothers, Montoya can be aggresive & even Newman but the problem of late is it seems everybody is minding their business & have no interest in tangling with somebody on track.

Tony has really calmed down & doesn't have the run-ins he used to & i think a big part of his deal is since he became an owner, he realized how much work goes into putting the cars together & he doesn't want to tear them up, plus it's coming out of his pocket.

Now that's not to say he doesn't still have some bad boy attitude deep down inside & i can see it every once in awhile. As far as the other drivers, i'm not sure why they all seem to be avoiding any type of conflict on the track but i wish something would start brewing & i think maybe there's a chance in a few weeks & that's at the road course at Sonoma.

Those road course races have been some of the most entertaining in recent years &i look forward to those every year & wish they would even add another one or two per year.

I agree. I love road courses. I lived 10-20 minutes from Sonoma, but never went to a race. :sad:

I liked Richard Petty (old school).Now i'm just a fan of the sport watching some good races with no favorite.

I'm like that with NW and the Trucks. In Cup, Kyle. :D

FLBroncFan
06-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I just wanted to make sure you knew I was joking. You know, keep the fights in NASCAR and not here. :D

They repaved Pocono. I wonder if that's going to change anything. Nice track.

Speaking of new pavement at Pocono, apparently 36 of the drivers tied or beat the previous qualifying record. Joey Logano beat it by 7 mph!! :eek:

Freyaka
06-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Another lousy Nascar race but this time with a good ending. Way to go sliced bread!!!

I for one hope he doesn't resign with Gibbs and goes to become the 3rd Stewart-haas car (I know danica technically is but seriously....who cares about that?)

BroncosFanInPA
06-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Another lousy Nascar race but this time with a good ending. Way to go sliced bread!!!

I for one hope he doesn't resign with Gibbs and goes to become the 3rd Stewart-haas car (I know danica technically is but seriously....who cares about that?)

I wouldn't say it was lousy, there certainly have been alot worse this year. At least there was some interesting things like all those speeding penalties & then the fuel strategy late & i wished we could have seen that play out without the late cautions, i like the suspense of who will make it & who will run out.

As far as Logano goes, Gibbs can keep him or somebody other than Tony can have him because to me he has not lived up to his potenital or at least the potential everybody thought he had. He just got his 2nd career cup win in over 3 years & the first came in a rain shortened race which he wasn't even that good, i know a win is a win but my point is 2 wins in his 4th year is just not good enough.

roushmartin6
06-12-2012, 11:28 AM

As a Mark Martin fan, I didn't enjoy the ending, and the fact he had to smash his way past one of the cleanest drivers shows how desperate he was to not get fired.

Mark continues to prove Hendrick was screwing him over last year and that Michael Waltrip is a genius for hiring Mark and Bowyer.

BroncosFanInPA
06-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Look out boys & girls (Peanut) we may see something rarely seen in the sport & records may be crushed! They tested today at newly repaved Michigan & speeds were off the charts, 4 drivers broke 201 MPH & several others were over 200, with my man smoke being the fastest just a shade under 202 at 201.896MPH :jawdrop:

Now keep in mind that is the average speed of the entire lap & not the top speed overall, my guess is that is in the range of pushing 220 MPH at the end of the straight away. Is this too fast? Is this safe? It's been a long time since anybody posted a time over 200 MPH, like over 25 years.

And also these were speeds in race trim & not qualifying trim, so it should be very interesting to see how this all shakes out this weeked at MIS.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120614/repaved-michigan-fast-testing/index.html

roushmartin6
06-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Look out boys & girls (Peanut) we may see something rarely seen in the sport & records may be crushed! They tested today at newly repaved Michigan & speeds were off the charts, 4 drivers broke 201 MPH & several others were over 200, with my man smoke being the fastest just a shade under 202 at 201.896MPH :jawdrop:

Now keep in mind that is the average speed of the entire lap & not the top speed overall, my guess is that is in the range of pushing 220 MPH at the end of the straight away. Is this too fast? Is this safe? It's been a long time since anybody posted a time over 200 MPH, like over 25 years.

And also these were speeds in race trim & not qualifying trim, so it should be very interesting to see how this all shakes out this weeked at MIS.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120614/repaved-michigan-fast-testing/index.html

I think it will be ok. They got through Pocono just fine, going into turn 1 there would be more dangerous at high speeds than Michigan.

Thors Hammer
06-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Listening to Kevin Harvick talk about it, it's not the speed that's got him worried, but the tire wear. Wouldn't surprise me to see a competition yellow to let teams see how their tires are faring.

Peanut
06-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry it's not pretty. Copy and paste didn't work.

19 at 200+. 40 had faster lap times than the previous track qualifying record of 194.232.

New left tire and the heat brought slower speeds. If the tires hold up, I think they'll be fine. IndyCars hit 200+ all the time. :D

Pos Car Qual speed Qual time
1 9 Marcos Ambrose Ford 203.241 35.426

2 29 Kevin Harvick Chevy 202.037 35.637

3 16 Greg Biffle Ford 201.816 35.676

4 5 Kasey Kahne Chevy 201.720 35.693

5 39 Ryan Newman Chevy 201.472 35.737

6 17 Matt Kenseth Ford 201.461 35.739

7 21 Trevor Bayne(i) Ford 201.444 35.742

8 14 Tony Stewart Chevy 201.370 35.755

9 20 Joey Logano Toyota 201.247 35.777

10 48 Jimmie Johnson Chevy 201.179 35.789

11 11 Denny Hamlin Toyota 200.882 35.842

12 78 Regan Smith Chevy 200.725 35.870

13 15 Clint Bowyer Toyota 200.686 35.877

14 55 Mark Martin Toyota 200.591 35.894

15 43 Aric Almirola Ford 200.390 35.930

16 56 Martin Truex Jr. Toyota 200.384 35.931

17 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevy 200.317 35.943

18 27 Paul Menard Chevy 200.133 35.976

19 1 Jamie McMurray Chevy 200.111 35.980

EDIT: Dumb thing didn't keep the spaces.

Peanut
06-16-2012, 11:17 PM
I really hope we don't have a repeat of Indy.

Speeds slower but new tires require changes: Speeds from Saturday's practice slowed by five to six miles per hour with the new left-side tires NASCAR mandated for Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway. NASCAR and Goodyear called for the change that left teams scrambling late Friday when tires began blistering because of excessive heat buildup from high speeds created by the newly-repaved track. Greg Biffle posted Saturday's top lap at 195.647 mph, down from the 199.093 mph he posted in race trim on Friday. In qualifying trim before the tire change, Biffle posted a fast lap of 204.708 mph. NASCAR made the move to avoid blowouts and another catastrophe such as the one at Indianapolis in 2008, when a competition caution was called every 12 laps because tires were blistering and blowing. The consensus after Saturday's practice, despite slower speeds and ill-handling cars, was the switch was necessary even though several top drivers had no issues with blistering on Friday.
But the swap did pose problems for crew chiefs and engineers scrambling to figure out setups and adjustments for the new tire. Most teams were limited with the number of laps they could put on their engines because they were near the maximum for a weekend. Fourteen drivers ran less than 25 laps. The new tire, a much harder compound, was used at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2006 and 2007 after a repave. As expected, it gave drivers less grip and made the cars harder to handle. The new tires arrived at Michigan shortly after noon on Saturday after being delivered from North Carolina. There wasn't enough time physically to get them here in time for an earlier test, so tires used the past two days during a test and practice were used for qualifying.(see full post and many quotes at ESPN.com)(6-17-2012)

BroncosFanInPA
06-17-2012, 06:38 AM
I really hope we don't have a repeat of Indy.

Oh god was that bad, what a debacle that race was & they should have postponed it & ran it at a later time when they figured things out. That was the most pathetic race i ever saw. :sad:

Freyaka
06-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Oh god was that bad, what a debacle that race was & they should have postponed it & ran it at a later time when they figured things out. That was the most pathetic race i ever saw. :sad:

no crap....I almost never wanted to watch a nascar race again after that one.....

FLBroncFan
06-17-2012, 02:53 PM
So far so good for Junior Nation!! :D

FLBroncFan
06-17-2012, 02:54 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFmmcSzKkYAA3DFAtdBz8qN0OknIfpw 4HZmmQZTPzWG1nil0VYaw

LOVE this car!!! :D

FLBroncFan
06-17-2012, 03:25 PM
OMG all you NASCAR fans!! This is page #88!!!! Believe it or not, it was meant to be today!!

Jr and the Dark Knight Rises/Diet Mt. Dew/Nationa Guard car & crew win it on Father's Day!! :D

Woot woot!! Sweet!

FLBroncFan
06-17-2012, 04:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/540597_10150971532377422_1393932961_n.jpg

Peanut
06-17-2012, 09:09 PM
So far so good for Junior Nation!! :D

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFmmcSzKkYAA3DFAtdBz8qN0OknIfpw 4HZmmQZTPzWG1nil0VYaw

LOVE this car!!!

OMG all you NASCAR fans!! This is page #88!!!! Believe it or not, it was meant to be today!!

Jr and the Dark Knight Rises/Diet Mt. Dew/Nationa Guard car & crew win it on Father's Day!!

Woot woot!! Sweet!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/540597_10150971532377422_1393932961_n.jpg

Were you just a little excited? :D

It was great seeing JR in victory lane again.

It helps that he's on one of my fantasy teams. With Tony and Jeff. I also have Hamlin, Logano and Kyle. :sad:

Peanut
06-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Road course!

I love Sonoma. Borders Marin County, my old home.

Some of these (regular) drivers have gotten pretty good on road courses.

Always fun. :D

roushmartin6
06-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Really wanted Kurt to win, love when the underdog team gets a win

BroncosFanInPA
06-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Ok so i'm disappointed tony didn't get the win, back to back runner up's & a 3rd the week before that. That's frustrating to be so close but not get the win even though he has 2 wins this year, but i guess it's better to be running up front rather than 20th.

Anyway a couple things about the race today, first off yet another race goes an extremely long time witout a caution, in fact the first caution came at 29 laps to go which means they ran 80 laps green to start & it's almost becoming comical these races this year with no cautions.

Secondly & this really was a bit disturbing & uncalled for, was after the race was over & TNT was doing post race interviews, they talked with Earnhart Jr. why?? Please explain to me what reason there was for them to interview him on camera when he flat out stunk today! He ran outside the top 20 almost the entire race & finished there as well.

When has a driver finishing outside the top 20 ever been on camera being interviewd after the race? It's just ludacris & a flat out joke that they must talk with him just because he won a race last week for the first time in 4 years! Give me a break & get off the earmfarts train!!!

Peanut
06-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Ok so i'm disappointed tony didn't get the win, back to back runner up's & a 3rd the week before that. That's frustrating to be so close but not get the win even though he has 2 wins this year, but i guess it's better to be running up front rather than 20th.

Anyway a couple things about the race today, first off yet another race goes an extremely long time witout a caution, in fact the first caution came at 29 laps to go which means they ran 80 laps green to start & it's almost becoming comical these races this year with no cautions.

Secondly & this really was a bit disturbing & uncalled for, was after the race was over & TNT was doing post race interviews, they talked with Earnhart Jr. why?? Please explain to me what reason there was for them to interview him on camera when he flat out stunk today! He ran outside the top 20 almost the entire race & finished there as well.

When has a driver finishing outside the top 20 ever been on camera being interviewd after the race? It's just ludacris & a flat out joke that they must talk with him just because he won a race last week for the first time in 4 years! Give me a break & get off the earmfarts train!!!

Danica Patrick. :laugh: Really. She can finish 30+, several laps down and they'll still interview her. And, I'm talking IndyCar, NW or Cup.

I wanted Tony to win, too. If the caution had occurred a little sooner, he just might have.

I don't like Bowyer, but I like MWR so I was happy for them. I was also happy to see the #55 get a good finish, thinking it was on my team. I have Martin, not Vickers and they go by drivers, not cars. So, I get 0 points. :sad: I have to pay more attention to things like that.

roushmartin6
06-24-2012, 11:50 PM
I think its mandatory to interview Jr, even if he failed to make the race and was watching in the stands, he would still get an interview.

BroncosFanInPA
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Danica Patrick. :laugh: Really. She can finish 30+, several laps down and they'll still interview her. And, I'm talking IndyCar, NW or Cup.

I wanted Tony to win, too. If the caution had occurred a little sooner, he just might have.

I don't like Bowyer, but I like MWR so I was happy for them. I was also happy to see the #55 get a good finish, thinking it was on my team. I have Martin, not Vickers and they go by drivers, not cars. So, I get 0 points. :sad: I have to pay more attention to things like that.

Ok so you got me on that one, & now i will leave with my tail between my legs. :ugh:

And for the record she got a raw deal in the race saturday, villenueve is a retard.

BroncosFanInPA
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Matt Kenseth will be out of the #17 car & Roush Fenway Racing after this season & will be replaced by Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in 2013.

Wow! I didn't see that coming & had no clue it was going on or ever heard any rumors about it. Oh well i guess nothing lasts forever or stays the same forever. One thing i would say for sure is Matt will have no problem finding another good ride, perhaps he kicks Logano out of the #20.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120626/mkenseth-out-roush-rstenhousejr-to-cup/index.html

roushmartin6
06-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Matt Kenseth will be out of the #17 car & Roush Fenway Racing after this season & will be replaced by Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in 2013.

Wow! I didn't see that coming & had no clue it was going on or ever heard any rumors about it. Oh well i guess nothing lasts forever or stays the same forever. One thing i would say for sure is Matt will have no problem finding another good ride, perhaps he kicks Logano out of the #20.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120626/mkenseth-out-roush-rstenhousejr-to-cup/index.html

Roush is a slow sinking ship. He has to be out pricing himself on the sponsorship packages.

EvertonBroncos
06-28-2012, 03:44 PM
86lQaRq5N4U

Don't know if anyone saw that but I thought it was really interesting to see that each driver preferred the other car!

Peanut
06-28-2012, 11:20 PM
No comment on the Patrick incident. :D

Kind of surprised about Kenseth, but it's rare for a driver to stay with one team. I might cheer for him again.

86lQaRq5N4U

Don't know if anyone saw that but I thought it was really interesting to see that each driver preferred the other car!

I love it when they do this. Thanks for posting it.

Good to see Tony back in an open-wheeler. Different, I know, but still.

EDIT: All three series have night races this weekend. Doesn't happen too often.

EvertonBroncos
06-29-2012, 04:27 AM
I love it when they do this. Thanks for posting it.

Good to see Tony back in an open-wheeler. Different, I know, but still.

EDIT: All three series have night races this weekend. Doesn't happen too often.

You're welcome, I was amazed how seamlessly they both transitioned into their new cars, especially given the wet conditions

Southstander
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I am sad they moved the Firecraker 400 from the 4th.

BroncosFanInPA
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM

Hey south, glad you come back in here.

I hear ya on the race, but it's kinda hard when the 4th falls in the middle of the week but it would have been better if it was last week as opposed to this week.

P.S. If you got the CP with no message, it was from me, this pc i am on is screwed up.

Peanut
07-06-2012, 11:01 PM
NW race tonight.

Glad Patrick is okay. That was a hard hit.

Did anyone watch the race? That last crash with Dillon. Who was sandwiched between the #3 and the wall? Not much left of the car. The announcers annoyed me. "Hope Dillon is okay." What about the poor guy smashed against the wall? I think it was the #23, but can't find it anywhere. Since no one has mentioned it, I guess he's okay.

Congrats to Johanna Long for 12th place.

FLBroncFan
07-07-2012, 08:28 AM
NW race tonight.

Glad Patrick is okay. That was a hard hit.

Did anyone watch the race? That last crash with Dillon. Who was sandwiched between the #3 and the wall? Not much left of the car. The announcers annoyed me. "Hope Dillon is okay." What about the poor guy smashed against the wall? I think it was the #23, but can't find it anywhere. Since no one has mentioned it, I guess he's okay.

Congrats to Johanna Long for 12th place.

Here's a video of the final laps, plus the crash with Dillon....he says he was ok...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utsl5DVGE7U

FLBroncFan
07-07-2012, 08:32 AM

Me too....all about the money and sponsorhip....it's not even called the Firecracker 400 anymore....now it's the Coke Zero 400.....just a stupid name, IMO.

Freyaka
07-07-2012, 08:05 PM
WOOT! Bobby snuck his way into a top 10! pretty fun filled finish tonight for once!

Peanut
07-07-2012, 10:23 PM
WOOT! Bobby snuck his way into a top 10! pretty fun filled finish tonight for once!

Shhh, I haven't seen the race, yet. :D

I already know who won. Teach me to check out certain websites. A particular fan in PA is happy.

Hubby will be happy about Bobby.

BroncosFanInPA
07-08-2012, 08:00 AM
The champ is here! And i wouldn't be surprised one bit to see this same type of image after Homestead again this year. Yeah Smoke is rising for sure & they are gonna be hard to beat. :salute:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee459/smoke141/s1_1.jpg

Freyaka
07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
The champ is here! And i wouldn't be surprised one bit to see this same type of image after Homestead again this year. Yeah Smoke is rising for sure & they are gonna be hard to beat. :salute:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee459/smoke141/s1_1.jpg

As much as I like smoke, I'm really hoping Jr gets on a roll after the chase starts and gets his first championship. I know it's not likely but I'd like to see it happen so people will get off his back...He's never gonna be his dad and just because he doesn't already have 9 championships doesn't mean he's not a good driver...

Peanut
07-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I wanted to share these 2 Indycars with you all.

I call this one my "Bronco car".
http://www.indycar.com/News/2012/07-July/~/media/IndyCar/News/Standard/2012/07-July/7-08-Charlie-Kimball-In-Toronto-Std.jpg

http://p2.trrsf.com.br/image/fget/cf/619/464/img.terra.com.br/i/2012/05/26/2355065-6719-rec.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/2012+IRL+Testing+Day+4+KlZ6lQ-ztmtl.jpg

This is one of the classiest looking cars I've seen. Too bad the driver isn't.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7257/6866993256_1a9f87472b_z.jpg

http://img.over-blog.com/650x436/4/13/65/23/news/divers/Bourdais.jpg

roushmartin6
07-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Ok race, waiting for Mark to get back in the car already lol

Peanut
07-10-2012, 10:46 PM
I hope the 6 points don't come back and bite them.

My question is why didn't they catch it before qualifying? Like when they inspected the rear windshield after it was replaced?

#14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team Penalized For Infractions at Daytona: NASCAR has issued a penalty as a result of rules infractions committed during last weekend's events at Daytona International Speedway. The #14 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20 of the NASCAR Rule Book); and 20-2.1J (unapproved open vent hose inside of the car). The violation occurred during post-qualifying inspection July 6. As a result, crew chief Steve Addington has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Aug. 22. Car chief Jeff Meendering has been placed on NASCAR probation until Aug. 22. Driver Tony Stewart and owner Margaret Haas have been penalized with the loss of six championship driver and six championship owner points, respectively.(NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications)
STATEMENT The following is a statement from Greg Zipadelli, competition director at Stewart-Haas Racing, regarding today's penalty levied by NASCAR against the team's #14 Sprint Cup Series entry driven by Tony Stewart for a post-qualifying rules infraction July 6 at Daytona International Speedway: "While we respect and accept NASCAR's decision, we want to be clear that there was no malicious intent. In a rush to replace a cracked rear windshield that happened during tech inspection prior to qualifying, we jostled a cooling hose that was behind the seat. We understand NASCAR's position and will abide by its decision."(7-10-2012)

BroncosFanInPA
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I hope the 6 points don't come back and bite them.

My question is why didn't they catch it before qualifying? Like when they inspected the rear windshield after it was replaced?

STATEMENT The following is a statement from Greg Zipadelli, competition director at Stewart-Haas Racing, regarding today's penalty levied by NASCAR against the team's #14 Sprint Cup Series entry driven by Tony Stewart for a post-qualifying rules infraction July 6 at Daytona International Speedway: "While we respect and accept NASCAR's decision, we want to be clear that there was no malicious intent. In a rush to replace a cracked rear windshield that happened during tech inspection prior to qualifying, we jostled a cooling hose that was behind the seat. We understand NASCAR's position and will abide by its decision."(7-10-2012)

A couple things here, first thing is the points won't affect them the least bit because of the 3 wins, so he is basicly locked into the chase already unless something absolutely catastrophic happened for like the next 8 races & even then he would have to fall outside the top 20, highly unlikely.

Secondly i think the points penalty is a bunch of crap because 1. it wasn't intentional & 2. they hit them once by disallowing the qualifying time & sending them to the rear for the start of the race.

My understanding of what happened based on what tony said, is that the hose fell off during his qualifying lap so perhaps that is why they didn't catch it during pre-qualifying inspection but that's just my speculation.

Nascar is so ridiculous with how the handle certain things different for certain people, like how Hendrick got johnsons penalty & suspenions tossed out totally somehow when they did intentionaly do something with that car back for the 500.

Peanut
07-14-2012, 12:20 PM
A couple things here, first thing is the points won't affect them the least bit because of the 3 wins, so he is basicly locked into the chase already unless something absolutely catastrophic happened for like the next 8 races & even then he would have to fall outside the top 20, highly unlikely.

Secondly i think the points penalty is a bunch of crap because 1. it wasn't intentional & 2. they hit them once by disallowing the qualifying time & sending them to the rear for the start of the race.

My understanding of what happened based on what tony said, is that the hose fell off during his qualifying lap so perhaps that is why they didn't catch it during pre-qualifying inspection but that's just my speculation.

Nascar is so ridiculous with how the handle certain things different for certain people, like how Hendrick got johnsons penalty & suspenions tossed out totally somehow when they did intentionaly do something with that car back for the 500.

You make some good points.

I've seen lots of penalties handed out for unintentional stuff. I guess it's one of those "Rules are rules" kind of thing. But, as you said, they already penalized him once. It does seem unfair to add to that.

That's one of the things that's always bothered me, the inconsistency of NASCAR's rulings. Robby Gordon has had some calls against him that I thought were unfair. They penalize Kyle Busch for putting Hornaday into the wall, but say and do nothing when Patrick does the same to Hornish. Shouldn't matter what kind of rep they have or don't have. The intent was the same. The outcome was the same (wrecked car). It gets frustrating because I tend to pull for the underdogs/small teams. Those are the ones that gets some iffy calls.

Oh, and yay Kyle! :D

Peanut
07-27-2012, 11:30 PM
•Smith's #78 Chevy Pays Tribute to Victims of Aurora Tragedy: Regan Smith's #78 Furniture Row Chevy will pay tribute to the victims of the Aurora, Colo. tragedy during this weekend's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The movie theater where the shooting took place is approximately seven miles from the Furniture Row Racing shop in Denver. The paint scheme on Smith's car for Sunday's Brickyard 400 will include the following:
The hood of the car will showcase a ribbon, and inside the ribbon will be a memorial cross and the red and gold logo that appears on the Colorado state flag
The rear quarter panels will read Aurora, CO and the names of the 12 people who were killed in the tragedy
The rear bumper (TV panel) will include the following inscription:

For Those Lost, Those Injured And Countless Acts of Bravery 7/20/12

The tragedy struck close to the Furniture Row family. Kimber Avra, an employee of the Furniture Row Companies, was at the Aurora movie theater with her friend Micayla Medek. Avra suffered scrapes and bruises, but sadly, Micayla was one of the 12 who was killed in the shooting. "Our hearts go out to the victims and to their families," said Furniture Row Racing general manager Joe Garone. "It really hits close to home for us here in Colorado. The movie theater where the shooting took place is only a few miles from where our team is based in Denver. We mourn the loss of life from this senseless tragedy, and feel we also need to stand up and acknowledge the heroism of those people who put their lives on the line to save others. Our thoughts this weekend will be with all the people who suffered from this horrific act of violence."(Furniture Row Racing), see images of the scheme on the #78 Team Schemes page.(7-27-2012)

I'll try to find a picture of the car later.

Peanut
07-27-2012, 11:35 PM
No more top 35? Go back to the fastest cars get in the race?

I think I like it.

NASCAR looking at changes to qualifying? UPDATE: NASCAR is kicking around the idea of qualifying the top 38 drivers on time and cutting the number of provisionals down to four plus one for former champions. With sponsors at a premium right now, it could be catastrophic to eliminate provisionals altogether, particularly when a driver missing a race could result in a benefactor pulling its support from the team.(Fox Sports)(7-24-2012)
UPDATE: NASCAR's rule guaranteeing the top 35 teams in the Sprint Cup series a spot in each race may be going away in 2013. Vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said on Thursday that NASCAR is talking to teams about doing away with guaranteed starting spots in the Cup, Nationwide and Truck Series with the hope of putting more emphasis on qualifying. "People want to see it go back to where speed gets you in,'' Pemberton said from the infield at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Pemberton did not discuss specifics of the new qualifying rules, but sources close to the situation told ESPN.com one plan is to have the top 38 cars get in on speed with one past champions provisional and four provisionals for the top four drivers in points that didn't make it on speed. Under the current system in Cup, the top 35 teams are guaranteed a spot in the field regardless of whether they run a qualifying lap or not. That number is 30 for Nationwide and 25 for Trucks. The system was put in place in 2005 to assure full-time teams with big-name drivers and big sponsors did not miss the race. If the top-35 rule is eliminated, cars inside the top 35 at the end of 2012 won't be guaranteed a spot in the first five races of 2013 as has been the case in the past. Pemberton said that won't totally eliminate owners purchasing numbers for the Daytona 500, where points are used from the previous season, but the need won't be as great.(ESPN)

BroncosFanInPA
07-28-2012, 05:48 PM
http://furniturerowracing.furniturerow.com/frr/images/news/07-27-12-Aurora-Theater-Tragedy.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/599705_10150997389212655_2126609307_n.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JH-g_U11s5g/0.jpg

FLBroncFan
07-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you Peanut and BroncosFanInPA for the story and pics of the #78 Furniture Row team honoring the fallen in the Aurora tragedy...... CP's to you both!! :salute:

BroncosFanInPA
07-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Thank you Peanut and BroncosFanInPA for the story and pics of the #78 Furniture Row team honoring the fallen in the Aurora tragedy...... CP's to you both!! :salute:

No problem, but Peanut should get the credit because i saw her post & just decided to post the pics for her. I just hope that the ESPN pre race as well as during the race gives it alot of attention. :salute:

Peanut
07-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Thanks, FBF.

Racing isn't supposed to get emotional, right?

No problem, but Peanut should get the credit because i saw her post & just decided to post the pics for her. I just hope that the ESPN pre race as well as during the race gives it alot of attention. :salute:

Thanks for posting the pictures, PA (Teamwork :D ).

We weren't home for the start of the race, but they did mention and show the car. The guys seem good about mentioning stories like this.

BroncosFanInPA
07-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Well yet another :yawn: of a race. That's about all i can say, what lame season thus far. :sad:

Peanut
07-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Well yet another :yawn: of a race. That's about all i can say, what lame season thus far. :sad:

One thing I've noticed with the races lately.

Empty seats.

Dover holds 140,000, maybe a little less since they put up the second bridge thing (obstructed the view of some seats so they closed off sections). The last couple of years, they've sold like 80,000 tickets.

I know the economy has a lot to do with that. I'm wondering if interest/popularity is waning?

BroncosFanInPA
07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
One thing I've noticed with the races lately.

Empty seats.

Dover holds 140,000, maybe a little less since they put up the second bridge thing (obstructed the view of some seats so they closed off sections). The last couple of years, they've sold like 80,000 tickets.

I know the economy has a lot to do with that. I'm wondering if interest/popularity is waning?

Yes the attendance has been steadily going down in the past 3 or 4 years but i actually think last year was worse than it is this year.

I do believe it's a combination of alot of people just can't afford to go anymore (we used to go once a year but haven't gone for like the past 3 years) & as you said interest is declining & i think alot of that has to do with the product being put out there.

I'm not gonna say that i want to see wrecks because that's not what it's about but i would like to see some actual racing, like some more side by side instead of... ok he's faster i'll let him go by & also would it hurt to have a bit of beating & banging? what happened to the old saying rubbing is racing?

I think drivers need to be more aggresive & not so laid back & easy going for 80% of the race. I think one issue that could help things is the tires, they don't wear out enough & makes passing difficult because everyone is too even which leads to alot of two tire stops to try to get up front.

Southstander
07-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I am glad my boy Jimmie Johson won his forth Brickyard.

Peanut
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Yes the attendance has been steadily going down in the past 3 or 4 years but i actually think last year was worse than it is this year.

I do believe it's a combination of alot of people just can't afford to go anymore (we used to go once a year but haven't gone for like the past 3 years) & as you said interest is declining & i think alot of that has to do with the product being put out there.

I'm not gonna say that i want to see wrecks because that's not what it's about but i would like to see some actual racing, like some more side by side instead of... ok he's faster i'll let him go by & also would it hurt to have a bit of beating & banging? what happened to the old saying rubbing is racing?

I think drivers need to be more aggresive & not so laid back & easy going for 80% of the race. I think one issue that could help things is the tires, they don't wear out enough & makes passing difficult because everyone is too even which leads to alot of two tire stops to try to get up front.

We used to go twice a year to Dover (Truck race in June and Cup race in September) and occasionally Pocono or Richmond. We're now down to the Truck race in Dover (we meet up with a couple of ladies from NY). Some of it is financial. I'd rather go see the Broncos when they come to town.

One of the things I really dislike hearing: "It's hard to pass at this track". What good is it, then? Put a little banking in the corners. Make it wider.

I don't like the bump and run. I guess it's the open-wheeler fan in me. :D

I am glad my boy Jimmie Johson won his forth Brickyard.

Yay, Jimmie! :D

roushmartin6
08-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I haven't gone to a race since 2009 Chicagoland (Where Mark stomped them). Nascar has screwed themselves as far as i'm concerned. The new car acts nothing like the trucks do, which has better racing. Then the gear rule makes it so everyone runs the same speed. You can't pass because everyone runs just about the same speed with the gear rule, the cars handle like crap in traffic, and its hard to wreck them (think of Biffle sliding through an entire turn at Darlington). Basically its the same drivers winning all the races now. I really wanted this years Daytona to get rained out so Blaney could win, that would have been amazing. Throw in the crap economy and gas prices and you have people not wanting to go. We went to Bristol in 2005. We live in Iowa and pulled a decent sized camper through the mountains. There is no way we could do that now, it would cost thousands in gas alone. Thought I would just chime in, since there is a rain delay at Pocono. Thats another thing, you put all that money into track improvements and no lights? Every track should have to have lights so people who go can see the whole race (even though you should plan to be off through Tuesday incase of a rain delay). End of rant.

BroncosFanInPA
08-05-2012, 03:44 PM
WOW! For once we finally had a little bit of excitement & a wild finish to a race. I knew it was gonna get crazy on that last restart & i said there was gonna be a wreck.

Now with 5 to go the final wildcard spot is getting crazy & i think it very well may come down to the last lap at Richmond. There are 4 drivers with 1 win & so if any of them win another then they would have the advantage but at the moment Gordon & Newman are tied in points but Gordon has the tie-break at the moment.

And about that, i have an issue with how nascar had the finishing order of the race...both Stewart & Newman were clearly past Keselowski before the caution came out but they give brad the 4th spot & that is so huge for Newman because he should have finished 5th not 6th & thus would be 1 point in front of Gordon & he would have the final spot so i hope it doesn't come down to a tie & he loses out because of that 1 point.

Oh well, i guess alot can still happen in 5 races but it should be an exciting thing to keep an eye on, who will get in & who is left out?

BroncosFanInPA
08-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Some very unfortunate & sad news from todays race at Pocono as a fan was killed as a result of the lightning strikes. Thoughts & prayers to the familes of those affected.

LONG POND, Pa. -- A spectator at Pocono Raceway was killed by a lightning strike Sunday that also sent nine other fans to area hospitals.

Pocono track president Brandon Igdalsky said Sunday evening that a fan injured by a lightning strike that occurred shortly after the weather-shortened conclusion of the Pennsylvania 400 had been pronounced dead by Dr. Peter Favini, the emergency room director at Pocono Medical Center in nearby Stroudsburg, Pa.

"Unfortunately, a member of our raceway family here, a fan, has passed away," Igdalsky said.

A violent thunderstorm struck the area Sunday afternoon, leading NASCAR officials to call the Sprint Cup event after 98 of a scheduled 160 laps had been completed. Jeff Gordon was the winner. There were lightning strikes in the area shortly after the race concluded. Track spokesman Bob Pleban said there were at least two strikes on the raceway property, one in the parking lot behind the grandstand and another near a gate area. He added that the track broadcasted warnings for spectators to take cover.

In addition to the fatality, nine other spectators were transported to area hospitals, including one with critical injuries who was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pa. One fan with what Pleban termed as a moderate injury and another with a minor injury were taken to Geisigner Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. Another spectator with a moderate injury also was transported to Pocono Medical Center.

In addition, five spectators who originally were treated at the race track were sent to hospitals for further evaluation. Three went to Pocono Medical Center and two to Lehigh Valley Hospital.

The lightning strikes were so prominent that even Gordon noticed them when walking from his race car. Although the fatality was not announced until after the driver had left the track, news of the injuries clearly put a damper on his celebration.

"We were walking down pit road, the umbrellas weren't doing any good, [and] there was a huge, huge crack from lightning," he said. "You could tell it was very close. I mean, that's the thing that's going to take away from the victory, is the fact that somebody was affected by that. I mean, the fans here are so loyal and avid. When we were going back to the garage area, there was a group of fans chanting up there that were not leaving. That's just so unfortunate, because they're so loyal and avid here, so you hate to hear something like that. Certainly our thoughts are with them. I hope everything is OK there."

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Pocono staff said no further information on the deceased spectator was immediately available because the family still was being notified.

"Our heartfelt thoughts and best wishes to those that were injured," Pleban said, "and our condolences to the loved ones of the person that is deceased."

http://www.nascar.com/news/120805/pocono-fans-struck-by-lightning/index.html

roushmartin6
08-12-2012, 02:19 PM
New rule: Bobby Labonte oils up the track towards the end, then we restart the race. That finish was crazy!

Peanut
08-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Some very unfortunate & sad news from todays race at Pocono as a fan was killed as a result of the lightning strikes. Thoughts & prayers to the familes of those affected.

LONG POND, Pa. -- A spectator at Pocono Raceway was killed by a lightning strike Sunday that also sent nine other fans to area hospitals.

Pocono track president Brandon Igdalsky said Sunday evening that a fan injured by a lightning strike that occurred shortly after the weather-shortened conclusion of the Pennsylvania 400 had been pronounced dead by Dr. Peter Favini, the emergency room director at Pocono Medical Center in nearby Stroudsburg, Pa.

"Unfortunately, a member of our raceway family here, a fan, has passed away," Igdalsky said.

A violent thunderstorm struck the area Sunday afternoon, leading NASCAR officials to call the Sprint Cup event after 98 of a scheduled 160 laps had been completed. Jeff Gordon was the winner. There were lightning strikes in the area shortly after the race concluded. Track spokesman Bob Pleban said there were at least two strikes on the raceway property, one in the parking lot behind the grandstand and another near a gate area. He added that the track broadcasted warnings for spectators to take cover.

In addition to the fatality, nine other spectators were transported to area hospitals, including one with critical injuries who was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pa. One fan with what Pleban termed as a moderate injury and another with a minor injury were taken to Geisigner Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. Another spectator with a moderate injury also was transported to Pocono Medical Center.

In addition, five spectators who originally were treated at the race track were sent to hospitals for further evaluation. Three went to Pocono Medical Center and two to Lehigh Valley Hospital.

The lightning strikes were so prominent that even Gordon noticed them when walking from his race car. Although the fatality was not announced until after the driver had left the track, news of the injuries clearly put a damper on his celebration.

"We were walking down pit road, the umbrellas weren't doing any good, [and] there was a huge, huge crack from lightning," he said. "You could tell it was very close. I mean, that's the thing that's going to take away from the victory, is the fact that somebody was affected by that. I mean, the fans here are so loyal and avid. When we were going back to the garage area, there was a group of fans chanting up there that were not leaving. That's just so unfortunate, because they're so loyal and avid here, so you hate to hear something like that. Certainly our thoughts are with them. I hope everything is OK there."

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Pocono staff said no further information on the deceased spectator was immediately available because the family still was being notified.

"Our heartfelt thoughts and best wishes to those that were injured," Pleban said, "and our condolences to the loved ones of the person that is deceased."

http://www.nascar.com/news/120805/pocono-fans-struck-by-lightning/index.html

Take cover? There's not many places to take cover at a track.

We were on vacation, had the race taping on DVR. I don't think it got all of the race.

Prayers for the family.

New rule: Bobby Labonte oils up the track towards the end, then we restart the race. That finish was crazy!

Bobby's just trying to help make it more exciting. :D

Brad K. has had 2 interviews that has me reluctantly liking him (sort of). His comments about Allmedinger (??? It's late) / banned substances and his comments after this race.

Freyaka
08-15-2012, 12:24 PM

He's gotta do something right? I mean it's not like he can finish decent anymore...Someone has to make the sport more exciting because as it is I haven't watched the last 3 races due to sheer bordum with nascar.

Peanut
08-19-2012, 10:11 PM
NW.

Patrick.

I'm starting to feel sorry for her.

A shoe?

Seriously?

roushmartin6
08-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Mark just can't catch a break this year, story of his career. If its not an engine blowing, its a moron like Montoya wrecking him.

Peanut
08-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Mark just can't catch a break this year, story of his career. If its not an engine blowing, its a moron like Montoya wrecking him.

I'm just glad he didn't get t-boned in the door with the wall. He would not have walked away.

I like Montoya, but he is not making any friends on the track.

roushmartin6
08-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm just glad he didn't get t-boned in the door with the wall. He would not have walked away.

I like Montoya, but he is not making any friends on the track.

Oh believe me I know. That was scary stuff. I look for Nascar to put some sort of protection like tires or water barrels at these gaps now.

Peanut
08-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh believe me I know. That was scary stuff. I look for Nascar to put some sort of protection like tires or water barrels at these gaps now.

They need to do something. It might not ever happen again, but they can't take that chance.

I vote water barrels. That way Kenseth can run into them. :D

Sorry. He was my driver and I'm watching him come into the pits at Dover. I'm like "He didn't just do that!".

Our seats were right across from pit entrance. I watched Skinner hit his jackman 3 (?) times in one race (I hope the guy got a bonus for that).

Tricky entrance. They had to go and ruin it by adding the 43rd pit stall. :P

Peanut
08-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Michigan will talk to NASCAR about Martin's pit road wreck: UPDATE: #55-Mark Martin walked away from his crash at Michigan International Speedway, but the side of his car was essentially impaled by the end of the wall, raising questions about whether that spot - a gap in the barrier on pit road that leaves the edge of the wall exposed - creates a safety risk. MIS later released a statement. "The safety of the drivers is paramount," a spokeswoman said. "So we will seek NASCAR's opinion and work with them on any recommendations they may have on how we can improve any part of the competition area - that includes pit road, pit wall, the track, anything competition-related."(Associated Press)(8-20-2012)
UPDATE: NASCAR is ready to take a look at Mark Martin's scary crash from over the weekend. Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president for competition, says Martin's team will be consulted, and aerial photos will be studied. Pemberton says Sunday's incident is a reminder that the work on safety doesn't stop.(Associated Press/ESPN)(8-21-2012)

Southstander
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
I praise God that Martin walked away from that. I shudder to think of what "could" have happened in the old cars. Especially if it hit where the drive sat.

Freyaka
08-22-2012, 10:35 AM
I praise God that Martin walked away from that. I shudder to think of what "could" have happened in the old cars. Especially if it hit where the drive sat.

Worse yet could you imagine what would have happend if the car happened to go at just the right angle to miss the inside wall and fly into where the crew was? Yikes! Everyone involved was blessed to come out of that one ok, glad mark wasn't hurt because that could have been far worse than it was. Shame it ended what would have been a fantastic day for mark.

FLBroncFan
08-25-2012, 07:20 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1315052/kenseth1.gif

Quite the entertaining race this evening. :D

BroncosFanInPA
08-26-2012, 07:55 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1315052/kenseth1.gif

Quite the entertaining race this evening. :D

Whether you love him or hate him, you got to admit nobody has more fire & passion than smoke! You will always know where you stand with him & he will never leave a doubt in your mind & that is one of the reason's i love him because he never holds back.

Go get 'em in Atlanta Smoke! :salute:

Peanut
08-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Saw Jr at the game tonight (Redskins). We were sitting on the other side of the stadium from him. Hubby thinks he has good taste in teams. :D

BC32Falcons513
09-01-2012, 05:25 PM
They penalize Kyle Busch for putting Hornaday into the wall, but say and do nothing when Patrick does the same to Hornish.

Oh, and yay Kyle! :D

Agreed. According to them Danica can do no wrong.

BroncosFanInPA
09-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm starting to think that Stewart made a big mistake by letting Darrian Grubb go for Addington, that was yet another disgusting performance on a 1.5 mile track & it's been that way all dam year! :mad: meanwhile Hamlin is on fire.

Sure Tony won very early at Vegas & also California which is 2 mile but similar to the 1.5 mile tracks but i'm almost certain they were still using the setups from the end of last season with Grubb & when they were winning everything in sight & then once they started going with new setups with Addington, Stewart has been absolutely atrocious on 1.5 mile tracks.

First came Texas - started 29th - finished 24th - 2 laps down, then Kansas started 24th - finished 13th & then Charlotte - started 21st - finished 25th - 3 laps down :sad: and then there was last night at Atlanta, there was high hopes after qualifying on the pole (a very rare thing for him) which usually means he will be very strong in the race & what happened next had me in disbelief.

After biffle led lap 1 stewart takes the lead back until gordon catches him at lap 10 & the rest is history, falling to 15th by the time a caution came out at lap 40 :ugh: and it just got worse from there, falling off the lead lap several times & winds up finishing 22nd - 1 lap down but without the wave arounds he probably is 5 laps down running with guys like Cassill, Kvapil & Blaney.

No disrespect to them but damnit stewart has no business running back that far laps down with them & as i showed it's been like that almost every 1.5 mile track this year & look what Darrian Grubb & Denny Hamlin are doing lately, i think tony is going to regret his decision to let him go.

Peanut
09-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I think you're right. I hope he doesn't start playing musical CCs. That was one of Bobby Labonte's downfalls.

Tony controls his destiny, though, since he's the boss. :D

BroncosFanInPA
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I think you're right. I hope he doesn't start playing musical CCs. That was one of Bobby Labonte's downfalls.

Tony controls his destiny, though, since he's the boss. :D

I agree for the most part unless he puts Zippy back up on the box, he is already in the organization i think as competiton director or something along those lines & even though they had some moments, they were together a long time & did some great things together & was always strong on those 1.5 mile tracks.

roushmartin6
09-04-2012, 11:31 PM
According to Jayski, Kenseth to JGR is official and sounds like Joey to Penske's 22. Sam got royally screwed, in his short time he has out ran what AJ did and what Joey has done his whole career. Big mistake not giving him the car.

Also a new team is going to try and make Richmond. I've checked out their facebook and this is as grass roots as it gets. I think they only have to beat 2 cars to get in but it will be a long shot I think. Here is their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SS-Motorsports/205703222775834

roushmartin6
09-04-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm starting to think that Stewart made a big mistake by letting Darrian Grubb go for Addington, that was yet another disgusting performance on a 1.5 mile track & it's been that way all dam year! :mad: meanwhile Hamlin is on fire.

Sure Tony won very early at Vegas & also California which is 2 mile but similar to the 1.5 mile tracks but i'm almost certain they were still using the setups from the end of last season with Grubb & when they were winning everything in sight & then once they started going with new setups with Addington, Stewart has been absolutely atrocious on 1.5 mile tracks.

First came Texas - started 29th - finished 24th - 2 laps down, then Kansas started 24th - finished 13th & then Charlotte - started 21st - finished 25th - 3 laps down :sad: and then there was last night at Atlanta, there was high hopes after qualifying on the pole (a very rare thing for him) which usually means he will be very strong in the race & what happened next had me in disbelief.

After biffle led lap 1 stewart takes the lead back until gordon catches him at lap 10 & the rest is history, falling to 15th by the time a caution came out at lap 40 :ugh: and it just got worse from there, falling off the lead lap several times & winds up finishing 22nd - 1 lap down but without the wave arounds he probably is 5 laps down running with guys like Cassill, Kvapil & Blaney.

No disrespect to them but damnit stewart has no business running back that far laps down with them & as i showed it's been like that almost every 1.5 mile track this year & look what Darrian Grubb & Denny Hamlin are doing lately, i think tony is going to regret his decision to let him go.

Totally agree, you don't fire your crew chief after winning the championship. Jimmie and Chad fight a lot but you think Hendrick is going to split them up? Heck no. Work it out and get back to work. Great chemistry is hard to find in Nascar.

Peanut
09-05-2012, 12:18 AM
According to Jayski, Kenseth to JGR is official and sounds like Joey to Penske's 22. Sam got royally screwed, in his short time he has out ran what AJ did and what Joey has done his whole career. Big mistake not giving him the car.

Also a new team is going to try and make Richmond. I've checked out their facebook and this is as grass roots as it gets. I think they only have to beat 2 cars to get in but it will be a long shot I think. Here is their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SS-Motorsports/205703222775834

From the FB page:
"SS Motorsports is officially number "0". We came from nothing...we built a race team with nothing...and we're gonna show 'em we can compete door to door with 'em with nothing!!"

I hope they do well. Good pictures, too. How to build a race car. :D

BC32Falcons513
09-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I was hoping Joey Would have accepted the full time nationwide gig in the 18. Of course if he did he would easily break Kyles 51 win record and I'm not cool with that. That 18 car is the strongest nationwide car out there. They just have to put the right driver in it.

FLBroncFan
09-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Saw Jr at the game tonight (Redskins). We were sitting on the other side of the stadium from him. Hubby thinks he has good taste in teams. :D

AS in DALE JR??? OMG, I have never been envious of anyone EVAR, yet..... wow, I'm jelly. :heh:

Peanut
09-08-2012, 10:33 PM
What a race! I was pulling for Kyle. Too bad it couldn't have been Kyle and Gordon and leave Kahn out.

I was hoping Joey Would have accepted the full time nationwide gig in the 18. Of course if he did he would easily break Kyles 51 win record and I'm not cool with that. That 18 car is the strongest nationwide car out there. They just have to put the right driver in it.

Hi! Welcome to the boards. Good to see another race fan.

Joey's good in NW. I'm hoping it'll eventually carry over to Cup.

AS in DALE JR??? OMG, I have never been envious of anyone EVAR, yet..... wow, I'm jelly. :heh:

Yes, that Jr. I'll make you feel better. There was a football field and glass between us (I think he was in the owner's box). I've been closer to him when he's been in a car going around Dover. :D I just thought it was cool that we were in the same stadium.

BC32Falcons513
09-09-2012, 09:27 AM
What a race! I was pulling for Kyle. Too bad it couldn't have been Kyle and Gordon and leave Kahn out.

Hi! Welcome to the boards. Good to see another race fan.

Joey's good in NW. I'm hoping it'll eventually carry over to Cup.

thanks Peanut. It's hard to go somewhere and talk NASCAR and not get bashed for being a Kyle Busch fan. I'm not going to complain about him not getting in, it is what it is but I think you should have at least 1 win to make the chase regardless of how good you do. I mean that was part of the point for this chase thing was to promote drivers to get more wins. Busch's problem this year other than the blown engines was Joe Gibbs. Gibbs wanted Kyle to scale back in the amount of races he competed in and look how well that turned out.

BroncosFanInPA
09-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Well now that the chase is upon us how bout some predictions (all 3 or 4 of us in here ha ha!) who will bring home the cup in 2012?

Peanut
09-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Well now that the chase is upon us how bout some predictions (all 3 or 4 of us in here ha ha!) who will bring home the cup in 2012?

Kyle Busch. :sad:

Not Jimmy. Not Harvick. Not Kenseth. Not Biffle.

You won't like my answer, but I'm kind of pulling for Jr. Be his own racer (man), not just his father's son (if that makes sense).

I think it'd be great if MWR won. I wouldn't mind Tony. I have to pick one?

Jr.

CoryWinget81
09-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I really think this is Smoke's to win.

No one can beat him but himself, but unfortunately he's pretty good at that. :(

Peanut
09-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Now I wish we were going. I could stalk Dawkins around the track. :D

I like how they mentioned his time as a Bronco. Don't look. They didn't.

Eagles Legend Brian Dawkins to Serve as "AAA 400" Grand Marshal: Philadelphia Eagles legend and fan favorite, Brian Dawkins, will be honored as the Grand Marshal of the AAA 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, on September 30 at the Dover International Speedway. The former Pro Bowl safety will say the most famous words in motorsports, "Drivers start your engines," to bring 43 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series engines to life before heading to Philadelphia where the Eagles will retire Dawkins' No. 20 during the nationally televised Sunday night showdown against the New York Giants.
AAA teamed up with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2007 and Brian Dawkins was selected to personify AAA's reputation of reliable protection. In April 2012, Dawkins announced his retirement, as a Philadelphia Eagle, after 16 NFL seasons, 13 of which were with the Eagles. The planned activities for September 30 will serve as the re-launch of the brand ambassador and endorsement relationship between Dawkins and AAA.
Dawkins will tackle a full day of festivities as he attends his first ever NASCAR race. His day will start at Dover International Speedway as a guest of AAA Mid-Atlantic, the track and Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR). AAA Mid-Atlantic is the Official Travel, Roadside Assistance and Insurance Partner of MWR and Dover International Speedway. Additionally, AAA sponsors Martin Truex, Jr.'s #56 and the entire Michael Waltrip Racing team. During the AAA 400, Truex will be wearing a specially designed helmet to honor Dawkins 16-year NFL career. Before the race, Dawkins will tour the garage area, meet with Truex, Jr. and his crew, be introduced at the drivers' meeting, have an opportunity to interact with fans and take a lap around the Monster Mile prior to the green flag.
AAA and their sports marketing agency of record, Aquarius Sports & Entertainment, began planning the events for September 30 upon the release of the 2012 NFL schedule and the decision by the Eagles organization to retire Dawkins' jersey on the same day as the AAA 400. The close proximity of Dover International Speedway and Lincoln Financial Field provides the opportunity to leverage AAA's assets as part of the AAA 400 entitlement, Michael Waltrip Racing and Philadelphia Eagles sponsorships and endorsement relationship with Dawkins.
"I'm excited to be honored by the Philadelphia Eagles organization and have the opportunity to partner, once again, with AAA," Dawkins said "The ability to have this all done in such a unique way by tying in AAA's racing partnerships to begin the day is really something special. I have never been a Grand Marshal at a NASCAR race and I am looking forward to giving the 'start your engines' command at the AAA 400."(Dover International Speedway)(9-7-2012)

BroncosFanInPA
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Kyle Busch. :sad:

Not Jimmy. Not Harvick. Not Kenseth. Not Biffle.

You won't like my answer, but I'm kind of pulling for Jr. Be his own racer (man), not just his father's son (if that makes sense).

I think it'd be great if MWR won. I wouldn't mind Tony. I have to pick one?

Jr.

I wouldn't have a problem if Jr. won it, i don't think he is capable but i'd be ok with him as opposed to Jimmy. See i don't have nothing against him, i just don't like the attention the media gives him but that's not his fault.

As far as who i think it will be, of course my heart is with Tony but my gut says Hamlin is going to be hard to beat & it goes back to what i mentioned before about the whole Darrian Grubb thing, but i won't be surprised in the least if smoke brings home again.

Ones i think have no shot or won't contend throughout all 10 races...Truex - he's consistent but hasn't won, same with Harvick, Jr. because he will crack under pressure & also Gordon, i like jeff but i hate to say this but i don't think he belonged in the chase, he got lucky at Pocono & well you know how i feel about what went down at Richmond.

My favorites are of course Stewart, Johnson, Hamlin, Biffle & Kenseth.

My dark horses are Bowyer, Keselowski & Kahne, any one of those 3 could sneak up on everyone & steal the title away, they all seem to be streaky but all have at least 2 wins & could reel off a few in the chase.

P.S. Hey peanut that is really cool about Dawkins being at the race & you should try to get there, i'd love to go but don't think we could quite afford it just yet.

BC32Falcons513
09-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Kyle's not in it so I don't really care. I'm more concerned about KBM winning the NNS and CWTS owners championships now. However as long as Kyle's not driving it wont happen.

I would probably say Hamlin since he's been pretty good the last few weeks but there's no telling who will win.

Peanut
09-13-2012, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't have a problem if Jr. won it, i don't think he is capable but i'd be ok with him as opposed to Jimmy. See i don't have nothing against him, i just don't like the attention the media gives him but that's not his fault.

As far as who i think it will be, of course my heart is with Tony but my gut says Hamlin is going to be hard to beat & it goes back to what i mentioned before about the whole Darrian Grubb thing, but i won't be surprised in the least if smoke brings home again.

Ones i think have no shot or won't contend throughout all 10 races...Truex - he's consistent but hasn't won, same with Harvick, Jr. because he will crack under pressure & also Gordon, i like jeff but i hate to say this but i don't think he belonged in the chase, he got lucky at Pocono & well you know how i feel about what went down at Richmond.

My favorites are of course Stewart, Johnson, Hamlin, Biffle & Kenseth.

My dark horses are Bowyer, Keselowski & Kahne, any one of those 3 could sneak up on everyone & steal the title away, they all seem to be streaky but all have at least 2 wins & could reel off a few in the chase.

P.S. Hey peanut that is really cool about Dawkins being at the race & you should try to get there, i'd love to go but don't think we could quite afford it just yet.

I mentioned it to hubby. He starts to look at ticket prices. :D

I tell him we should go to Philly instead. He starts looking. $90.00 to stand. To see Dawkins get his number retired, it would be worth it. I really like him.

Not sure what we're doing.

Kyle's not in it so I don't really care. I'm more concerned about KBM winning the NNS and CWTS owners championships now. However as long as Kyle's not driving it wont happen.

I would probably say Hamlin since he's been pretty good the last few weeks but there's no telling who will win.

It does take the fun out of it when our favorite driver isn't in it.

Hamlin has been hot. I wouldn't mind seeing him win.

NFL_fanatic
09-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm rooting for Dale Jr to win the title. If Dale can't win it, anyone but JJ, not that I don't like JJ, but I get tired of him always winning. Yes, there is a method to my madness.

Peanut
09-29-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm a fan of Travis Pastrana. He's a local guy (bio says Annapolis, but he is/was from Crownsville). He was in his first truck race tonight.

I tried to find a picture of the truck, especially the rear quarter panel, but I guess it's too early.

Sponsor?

peanut.com.

:D

BroncosFanInPA
09-30-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm a fan of Travis Pastrana. He's a local guy (bio says Annapolis, but he is/was from Crownsville). He was in his first truck race tonight.

I tried to find a picture of the truck, especially the rear quarter panel, but I guess it's too early.

Sponsor?

peanut.com.

Not sure, but i think this is what you were looking for?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0929/as_rally_pastrana_truck_576.jpg

Peanut
10-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Not sure, but i think this is what you were looking for?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0929/as_rally_pastrana_truck_576.jpg

Must be. They've had other drivers.

On the driver's side, where the kmc is, is where the peanut is. Also, right under the spoiler.

Thanks, PA!

BroncosFanInPA
10-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Talladega time! :rockon:

Today is the day the chase could get turned upside down & pull everybody back together or vice versa a day when the top 2 or 3 really separate from the rest & it all depends on who gets caught up in "The Big One"

We know it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when & where your running if your in it or not. Today will be a game changer for sure, let's just hope it's in the way to bring the 12 chasers closer together. :salute:

Peanut
10-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Talladega time! :rockon:

Today is the day the chase could get turned upside down & pull everybody back together or vice versa a day when the top 2 or 3 really separate from the rest & it all depends on who gets caught up in "The Big One"

We know it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when & where your running if your in it or not. Today will be a game changer for sure, let's just hope it's in the way to bring the 12 chasers closer together. :salute:

Cozy enough for you? :eek:

I haven't seen the race yet, just the highlights from SC. I'm glad Tony's okay.

roushmartin6
10-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Still can't believe Regan Smith is getting fired for that moron Kurt. He is lucky Nascar didnt park him the rest of the season

BroncosFanInPA
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Cozy enough for you? :eek:

I haven't seen the race yet, just the highlights from SC. I'm glad Tony's okay.

It was very frustrating to watch, one second your about to win & the next your upside down on top of another car. :sad: Talk about the highest of high's & then the lowest of low's.

I hate to say this & it's not even because tony crashed out & took everyone with him but i really think this race at dega needs to be taken out of the chase & moved to a different date because it simply is unfair to all the championship contenders to be out there & having no control of anything or the outcome.

You want the championship to be determined by racing & let's face it, Talladega isn't exactly the same type of racing but just a crap shoot & a crash fest. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the excitement it provides but it shouldn't be the determining factor in your champion.

I also think there is no need for these plate races to be 500 miles with the exception of the Daytona 500, they could cut talladega down to 400 miles & nothing would change at all.

Peanut
10-11-2012, 10:55 AM
It was very frustrating to watch, one second your about to win & the next your upside down on top of another car. :sad: Talk about the highest of high's & then the lowest of low's.

I hate to say this & it's not even because tony crashed out & took everyone with him but i really think this race at dega needs to be taken out of the chase & moved to a different date because it simply is unfair to all the championship contenders to be out there & having no control of anything or the outcome.

You want the championship to be determined by racing & let's face it, Talladega isn't exactly the same type of racing but just a crap shoot & a crash fest. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the excitement it provides but it shouldn't be the determining factor in your champion.

I also think there is no need for these plate races to be 500 miles with the exception of the Daytona 500, they could cut talladega down to 400 miles & nothing would change at all.

They wanted a mix of all types of race tracks. I kind of agree with them. Race on what got them into the Chase. They need to add a road course.

Now, I'm not a fan of restrictor plate racing. As I said before, they could have taken some of the banking out of Daytona when they repaved. That proved to me that they want to keep the plate racing the way it is.

Cutting it to 400? Wouldn't bother me. They'd still have the Big One.

Peanut
10-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Earnhardt Jr. will not race at Charlotte or Kansas: Dale Earnhardt Jr. will not compete in the upcoming NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events at Charlotte Motor Speedway and Kansas Speedway after being diagnosed with a concussion following the Oct. 7 race at Talladega. Earnhardt, driver of the #88 Chevys for Hendrick Motorsports, was diagnosed Wednesday afternoon in Charlotte. Regan Smith will be the team's substitute driver at Charlotte and Kansas.(Hendrick Motorsports), Earnhardt's streak of consecutive starts in the Cup series will end at 461.(10-11-2012)

Interesting. I don't remember Jr hitting that hard. He gets a concussion but Tony didn't? I know it's possible, but...

I'm not a fan of Conspiracy Theories, but this one makes me wonder if it has anything to do with what Jr said right after the race. They wouldn't do that, right?

BroncosFanInPA
10-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Interesting. I don't remember Jr hitting that hard. He gets a concussion but Tony didn't? I know it's possible, but...

I'm not a fan of Conspiracy Theories, but this one makes me wonder if it has anything to do with what Jr said right after the race. They wouldn't do that, right?

Yeah i thought about that for a bit after i heard the news & would he actually do that? I don't know for sure, i want to say no but i guess you never know.

What excatly would he be trying to accomplish is the real question because he is the sport's biggest star by far & when he speaks nascar tends to listen but i just don't think there is any real solution to the problem outside of cutting the banking like you said & i can't see that happening since both tracks have been repaved in the past 5 years.

Taking the plates off is most likely never going to happen because speeds would be way too high & unsafe. I don't know if maybe they could somehow reduce the horsepower so much to the point they could take the plates off.

Or maybe one other possible answer could be if they could get a tire that flat out wears out so fast that handling becomes a factor & spreads them out just a bit.

Freyaka
10-11-2012, 06:13 PM
My dad got two free tickets to Kansas so I'll be there next week!!! So Excited!!!

Peanut
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah i thought about that for a bit after i heard the news & would he actually do that? I don't know for sure, i want to say no but i guess you never know.

What excatly would he be trying to accomplish is the real question because he is the sport's biggest star by far & when he speaks nascar tends to listen but i just don't think there is any real solution to the problem outside of cutting the banking like you said & i can't see that happening since both tracks have been repaved in the past 5 years.

Taking the plates off is most likely never going to happen because speeds would be way too high & unsafe. I don't know if maybe they could somehow reduce the horsepower so much to the point they could take the plates off.

Or maybe one other possible answer could be if they could get a tire that flat out wears out so fast that handling becomes a factor & spreads them out just a bit.

Can we say Brickyard? :eek:

I know, not what you meant. :D

My dad got two free tickets to Kansas so I'll be there next week!!! So Excited!!!

Yay for you! Enjoy!!

EDIT: Just saw Jr on SC. No conspiracy theory. It sounds legit. 2 concussions in 4-5 weeks. Props to him for making the right decision.

Freyaka
10-12-2012, 05:04 AM
It's going to be wierd getting to go to a nascar race and having Jr not racing...

Peanut
10-17-2012, 12:34 AM
I like the 36-6-1 format better. Let the fastest cars race. Unique idea.

NASCAR announces qualifying changes for 2013: UPDATE: NASCAR announced a number of competition changes for the 2013 season, highlighted by a new qualifying format in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series that places a greater emphasis on speed.
Qualifying Format In The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
In NASCAR Sprint Cup competition, the series will move to a 36-6-1 format where the fastest 36 cars will make the race on speed. The next six highest ranking cars in owners points that have not already earned a starting position through qualifying and who have entered the event by the posted entry deadline will also make the field. The final starting position will be awarded to the most recent eligible past champion driver. If there is no eligible past champion driver, then a seventh car will make the field based upon owners' points. Provisional positions in the 36-6-1 format will be lined up by owners' points, not speed.

In 2013, the qualifying order for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events will return to a random draw. However, in the event qualifying is canceled due to rain, the field will be set per the rule book and the starting lineup will continue to be determined by practice speeds.

Additionally, provisional positions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will be based upon the previous year's owner points for the first three races, as opposed to the first five races in previous years for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and four races for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.

Maximum Field Set At 40 Cars For NASCAR Nationwide Series
In an effort to strengthen the ownership base up and create a sense of urgency among teams to make races, the maximum starting field for the NASCAR Nationwide Series will be set at 40, as opposed to the 43-car field in previous years. A maximum NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starting field will remain at 43 cars while the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will hold steady at 36.(NASCAR)(10-16-2012)

Freyaka
10-17-2012, 05:18 AM
I like the 36-6-1 format better. Let the fastest cars race. Unique idea.

That'll change again the first time someone popular like Gordon or Jr has a bad qualifying and misses the race (gordon was in the back half of points earlier in the year so it is possible)

BroncosFanInPA
10-17-2012, 02:23 PM
That'll change again the first time someone popular like Gordon or Jr has a bad qualifying and misses the race (gordon was in the back half of points earlier in the year so it is possible)

Nah, i don't think this will have much effect at all because even if somebody like that has a bad qualifying run it goes to points after the fastest 36 & it's highly unlikely any of the top drivers would be mired that far down in the points to not make it.

They would almost have to be lower than like 40th in points to not get a spot & there is also the past champions provisional to fall back on for some like stewart, johnson & gordon in the event of something so bizarre that they would be that low in points.

I just don't see this having any impact on the top teams, i can only think of one possible scenario that could cause a big name to miss a race & that would be if say Jr. would blow a motor on lap 1 of the Daytona 500, so he is 43rd in points & then goes to the next race & hits the wall in qualifying.

I guess it could happen but that's asking for alot of crazy things to go wrong.

Freyaka
10-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Nah, i don't think this will have much effect at all because even if somebody like that has a bad qualifying run it goes to points after the fastest 36 & it's highly unlikely any of the top drivers would be mired that far down in the points to not make it.

They would almost have to be lower than like 40th in points to not get a spot & there is also the past champions provisional to fall back on for some like stewart, johnson & gordon in the event of something so bizarre that they would be that low in points.

I just don't see this having any impact on the top teams, i can only think of one possible scenario that could cause a big name to miss a race & that would be if say Jr. would blow a motor on lap 1 of the Daytona 500, so he is 43rd in points & then goes to the next race & hits the wall in qualifying.

I guess it could happen but that's asking for alot of crazy things to go wrong.

I would assume for that situation it would go off previous years points for first 6 races as it does now? I dunno I haven't payed close attention to it. I guess my point was stuff happens, Johnson has bad seasons where he started the year mired in points as has gordon, JR and other popular drivers, it's not at all out of the question that one of them could have a string of bad luck and then a bad qualifying run. It happens.

If nothing else Labonte may miss a race or two once his championship provisional is gone.

Freyaka
10-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Well I'm KC bound! Amazingly I have two extra tickets to the race that I couldn't even give away....crazy....Enjoy the race today everyone! I know I will!!!

Freyaka
10-21-2012, 03:45 PM
that was a blast! best part of the race was Kyle wrecking right in front of me twice! (sorry peanut)

roushmartin6
10-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Another fast car and another motor problem. Toyota is getting on my nerves to say the least. Also it was funny watching Danica wreck herself and Landon's comment on it.

Freyaka
10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Another fast car and another motor problem. Toyota is getting on my nerves to say the least. Also it was funny watching Danica wreck herself and Landon's comment on it.

Waaanica patrick always cracks me up...It's a shame the sport can't get a female driver actually capable of driving....There has to be some female driver somewhere in the world that can do it...

Peanut
10-24-2012, 10:01 PM
that was a blast! best part of the race was Kyle wrecking right in front of me twice! (sorry peanut)

:cheeky:

Glad you had a good time.

Waaanica patrick always cracks me up...It's a shame the sport can't get a female driver actually capable of driving....There has to be some female driver somewhere in the world that can do it...

There might have been some in the past, but because of the "climate" of the sport, didn't make it.

Sarah Fisher was good, until her accident. Seemed like she lost her nerve after that.

There was so much hype when Patrick came up from Indy Lights. About her talent, not her marketability. She has the best of equipment, great CCs, crews, the best of opportunities. It does seem like she would be doing better. Look at the Dillion brothers. Kind of make you wonder if she was hired because of her marketability or her talent, doesn't it? Part of me thinks she can drive, she just has a lot to learn.

BroncosFanInPA
11-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow! What a crazy final part of the race, that was one heck of a fight :fight: that broke out between Bowyer's team & Gordon's team & then to see Bowyer running to find Jeff was too funny. :laugh: Where has this stuff been all year?

And before any of that even happened Jimmie smacks the wall & puts the Cup in Brad's lap so to speak, unless Brad has a problem then it's all but over & i won't complain one bit even though i don't care for Keselowski much, it still beats Johnson winning another title. :thumb:

Oh yeah, look for Bowyer to look for Gordon next week seeing he has now been eliminated. Good stuff for once even if it took until the end of the season. :clap:

Freyaka
11-11-2012, 10:10 PM
:cheeky:

Glad you had a good time.

There might have been some in the past, but because of the "climate" of the sport, didn't make it.

Sarah Fisher was good, until her accident. Seemed like she lost her nerve after that.

There was so much hype when Patrick came up from Indy Lights. About her talent, not her marketability. She has the best of equipment, great CCs, crews, the best of opportunities. It does seem like she would be doing better. Look at the Dillion brothers. Kind of make you wonder if she was hired because of her marketability or her talent, doesn't it? Part of me thinks she can drive, she just has a lot to learn.

I'll tell you one thing for sure that woman is SHOOOOOOOOORRRRTT Holy cow she is barely tall enough to look over the top of the car and if you have ever seen those cars before you'd know how short and low to the ground they are...I'm amazed they don't have to put a phonebook under her every week to prop her up.

Peanut
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Wow! What a crazy final part of the race, that was one heck of a fight :fight: that broke out between Bowyer's team & Gordon's team & then to see Bowyer running to find Jeff was too funny. :laugh: Where has this stuff been all year?

And before any of that even happened Jimmie smacks the wall & puts the Cup in Brad's lap so to speak, unless Brad has a problem then it's all but over & i won't complain one bit even though i don't care for Keselowski much, it still beats Johnson winning another title. :thumb:

Oh yeah, look for Bowyer to look for Gordon next week seeing he has now been eliminated. Good stuff for once even if it took until the end of the season. :clap:

That race put our dinner on hold.

I agree about Jimmie and Brad. Instead of saying "Go Brad", I say "Go Penske!".

Bowyer has no room to complain.

Last race could be the best race. :D

I'll tell you one thing for sure that woman is SHOOOOOOOOORRRRTT Holy cow she is barely tall enough to look over the top of the car and if you have ever seen those cars before you'd know how short and low to the ground they are...I'm amazed they don't have to put a phonebook under her every week to prop her up.

Patrick? She's like 5'2", I thought. I didn't think that was so short.

Perspective, I guess. My mom was like 4'10". I'm 5'5".

roushmartin6
11-12-2012, 12:54 AM
I want Brad to win just so Dodge can explain again why they are leaving Nascar. Also Nascar should have thrown the caution at the end. Tore up a lot of good cars for no reason. Oh and Gordon is a punk, its one thing to take out Bowyer but he completely destoryed Joey as well. I hope Joey pays him back lol

Peanut
11-13-2012, 10:27 PM
I saw an interview with Brad. I was wondering what he was so upset about. :D

NASCAR Issues Penalties From Sunday's Event at Phoenix: NASCAR announced penalties to three teams that compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions at Phoenix International Raceway.
Jeff Gordon, driver of the #24 car, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)  altercation with another competitor on the race track during the race  and has been fined $100,000, docked 25 championship driver points and put on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. Rick Hendrick, owner of the #24 car, has also been penalized with the loss of 25 championship owner points. Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the #24 car, also was found to be in violation of Section 9-4A (at all events, crew chief assumes responsibility of his driver, car owner and team members) and has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Brian Pattie, crew chief of the #15 car, violated Sections 12-1 and 9-4A and has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges and the like, even if inoperable or incomplete)  driver had a cell phone in his possession onboard the race car. All of these violations occurred during the Nov. 11 event at PIR.
Statement From Robin Pemberton, NASCAR Vice President of Competition: "Following a thorough analysis of the actions that took place during Sunday's race at Phoenix International Raceway, we have issued penalties based upon our review. The decisions announced today cover NASCAR's full assessment of penalties for the incidents that occurred. There's no doubt that a unique set of circumstances combined with a championship battle on the line resulted in raw emotions coming into play. We consider the penalties appropriate and those involved understand our decision and we expect them to abide by them."(NASCAR)(11-12-2012)

Peanut
11-13-2012, 10:30 PM
This should be an interesting race.

Possible Truck Series race on the dirt at Eldora UPDATE2: NASCAR may be considering adding a dirt race at Eldora Speedway to its Truck Series schedule. Multiple sources within the series said they've been told a dirt track could be added to the schedule in 2013. Sources also said a Richard Childress Racing truck was prepared for a test at Eldora, owned by three-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart. The test was scheduled to take place Monday or Tuesday, the sources said. Officials at Eldora could not be reached for comment. Stewart has been asking NASCAR to add a race at his half-mile track in Rossburg, Ohio, for several years. It is the site of his annual Prelude to the Dream charity event. NASCAR officials declined to address specifically whether Eldora was under consideration for a truck race, but the series is looking at potential venues it hasn't been to before. "We've made several site visits over the past few months to look at possible future venues for our Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series," spokesman Kerry Tharp said on Tuesday. "We expect the 2013 schedules for both of those series to be finished up and released within the next couple of weeks."(ESPN.com)(10-17-2012) UPDATE: Stewart comments: "The rumor about the Trucks, trust me I would be ecstatic if we could get any NASCAR race at Eldora that would be great. I have talked to NASCAR they have been looking at all kinds of different tracks. It has been brought up in conversation but that is about as far as it has come right now."(Team Chevy Racing PR)(10-19-2012)
UPDATE2: The NASCAR Truck Series will race next season on the half-mile dirt track at Eldora Speedway near Rossburg, Ohio, multiple sources confirmed. An official announcement of the move could come as early as Wednesday. The race would be the first on dirt for any of NASCAR's three national series  Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Trucks - in its "modern era." The track, owned by Cup driver #14-Tony Stewart, does not have energy-absorbing SAFER barriers installed and no permanent medical facility on property. Sources said NASCAR is expected to waive its policy  adapted beginning in 2005  that SAFER barriers be installed at all oval tracks hosting its three national series. Why NASCAR is willing to make an exception in this case is unclear.(Charlotte Observer)(11-13-2012)

roushmartin6
11-14-2012, 02:20 AM
This should be an interesting race.

Possible Truck Series race on the dirt at Eldora UPDATE2: NASCAR may be considering adding a dirt race at Eldora Speedway to its Truck Series schedule. Multiple sources within the series said they've been told a dirt track could be added to the schedule in 2013. Sources also said a Richard Childress Racing truck was prepared for a test at Eldora, owned by three-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart. The test was scheduled to take place Monday or Tuesday, the sources said. Officials at Eldora could not be reached for comment. Stewart has been asking NASCAR to add a race at his half-mile track in Rossburg, Ohio, for several years. It is the site of his annual Prelude to the Dream charity event. NASCAR officials declined to address specifically whether Eldora was under consideration for a truck race, but the series is looking at potential venues it hasn't been to before. "We've made several site visits over the past few months to look at possible future venues for our Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series," spokesman Kerry Tharp said on Tuesday. "We expect the 2013 schedules for both of those series to be finished up and released within the next couple of weeks."(ESPN.com)(10-17-2012) UPDATE: Stewart comments: "The rumor about the Trucks, trust me I would be ecstatic if we could get any NASCAR race at Eldora that would be great. I have talked to NASCAR they have been looking at all kinds of different tracks. It has been brought up in conversation but that is about as far as it has come right now."(Team Chevy Racing PR)(10-19-2012)
UPDATE2: The NASCAR Truck Series will race next season on the half-mile dirt track at Eldora Speedway near Rossburg, Ohio, multiple sources confirmed. An official announcement of the move could come as early as Wednesday. The race would be the first on dirt for any of NASCAR's three national series Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Trucks - in its "modern era." The track, owned by Cup driver #14-Tony Stewart, does not have energy-absorbing SAFER barriers installed and no permanent medical facility on property. Sources said NASCAR is expected to waive its policy adapted beginning in 2005 that SAFER barriers be installed at all oval tracks hosting its three national series. Why NASCAR is willing to make an exception in this case is unclear.(Charlotte Observer)(11-13-2012)

The trucks on DIRT is going to be insane. Kind of crappy they are overlooking the safer barrier and infield medical center thing though. Kind of sends a mixed message that we have high standards for our tracks unless they are owned by Tony Stewart

Peanut
11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
The trucks on DIRT is going to be insane. Kind of crappy they are overlooking the safer barrier and infield medical center thing though. Kind of sends a mixed message that we have high standards for our tracks unless they are owned by Tony Stewart

I thought that was odd, too. They don't have a permanent medical facility. I'm sure they'll put up something. A tent?

SAFER barriers...Could be because it's half a mile. They won't be going that fast (And, they're trucks). Also, on dirt. That would cut more speed. Maybe they'll put something up between now and the race?

Freyaka
11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
That race put our dinner on hold.

I agree about Jimmie and Brad. Instead of saying "Go Brad", I say "Go Penske!".

Bowyer has no room to complain.

Last race could be the best race. :D

Patrick? She's like 5'2", I thought. I didn't think that was so short.

Perspective, I guess. My mom was like 4'10". I'm 5'5".

Well when you see her next to someone like Bowyer or Lagano she's an absolute midget (though those guys are fairly tall anyway) she's really not that short for a nascar driver (most of them are short like Bobby for example) It's just funny seeing her talkin to someone on the other side of the car and barely being tall enough to see over.

5'2 isn't overly short for a female but when you see here in comparison it's just humorus.

roushmartin6
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Just want to say I hate the idea of putting sponsor logos on the roof, looks so ugly

roushmartin6
11-18-2012, 02:25 PM
CBS better switch to my game or unlock the channel direct tv

Peanut
11-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Congrats to Penske! He waited a long time for this.

Oh, and to Brad, too. :D

roushmartin6
11-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Congrats to Penske! He waited a long time for this.

Oh, and to Brad, too. :D

Yup, happy for Roger but still think he is making a mistake putting Joey in the 22 instead of leaving Sam in it. What do you think of the new cars for next year. I think its awesome that they look like the show room cars agian. I hate that sponsor logo on the roof though, thats going to drive me insane

Southstander
11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
I wish my boy Jimmie could have gotten number 6.

Freyaka
12-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Yup, happy for Roger but still think he is making a mistake putting Joey in the 22 instead of leaving Sam in it. What do you think of the new cars for next year. I think its awesome that they look like the show room cars agian. I hate that sponsor logo on the roof though, thats going to drive me insane

Na Joey has a ton more talent than Sam, Hornish isn't bad but I think Lagano has the potential to be one of the best in the sport with just a bit more time (he is still VERY young)

Peanut
12-01-2012, 01:20 AM

I just looked at some new images of the cars. I didn't see any with the logo on the roof. I'll have to check later.

Na Joey has a ton more talent than Sam, Hornish isn't bad but I think Lagano has the potential to be one of the best in the sport with just a bit more time (he is still VERY young)

I like Hornish and I think he did a great job stepping in. I agree, though, that Logano has more potential. Some think he's been overrated but I think he'll do good.

How about this? They're changing the age back to 16. That's kind of scary.

I wonder how Kyle Busch feels about it? If my memory is correct, the year he came into NASCAR was the year they made it 18 (because of him). He ended having to sit out a couple of years.

NASCAR annouces lower minimum age for trucks: During the annual "state of the sport" address at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Steve O'Donnell, Vice President of Racing Operations, made the following statement as he announced that the minimum age requirement for the Camping World Truck Series would be lowered from 18 to 16. "One of the things I think that was evident to everybody was the influx of young talent that we've got coming up through the ranks," said O'Donnell. "We announced previously an age limit change in the tours where we went to 15, and based on the opportunities for a lot of young drivers out there that are coming up through our system faster and faster, you're seeing it in the tours, you're seeing it in our Drive for Diversity program. We're going to move the age restrictions that currently exists for the trucks from 18 down to 16, and that rule will be in place for road courses and any tracks 1.1 mile or less."(NASCAR IMC)(11-18-2012)

BroncosFanInPA
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I like Hornish and I think he did a great job stepping in. I agree, though, that Logano has more potential. Some think he's been overrated but I think he'll do good.

How about this? They're changing the age back to 16. That's kind of scary.

I wonder how Kyle Busch feels about it? If my memory is correct, the year he came into NASCAR was the year they made it 18 (because of him). He ended having to sit out a couple of years.

I also think Hornish did well all things considered, just being thrown back in the car in the middle of the season, that was kind of unfair to him but i guess you take any shot you can.

As for the age stuff, i don't really think it's that big of a deal outside the fact of maybe a maturity issue but heck we let kids start driving at age 16 out on the highway with the rest of us & that is a far more scary thought than them on the track.

On a side note, anybdy watch the awards ceremony last night? I think they have really made a mess out of the whole thing with all these celeberties getting involved as host & guest speakers, most of them don't have a clue what they are even saying or talking about.

I think they should let those involved in the sport on a weekly basis be a part of these awards, guys like kenny wallace & kyle petty or someone like bob dilner or wendy venturini who is in the garage all the time & actually know something about the sport.

Another problem i have with the whole setup is how they won't allow anyone to just go up there on the podium & just talk & say things natural, they all read of the stupid tele-prompter & it sure does show & i think it makes them all look stupid, i'd rather hear them say how they feel not read off some monitor.

Southstander
12-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Watching something on Hendrick's 200th win.

roushmartin6
12-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Well i've seen the logo on the roof and its not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Jayski made it look huge in their "blueprint* for lack of a better term. Still think its unecessary but whatever I guess lol

Southstander
12-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Here is some info on the changes to the cars as well as the roof logo and drivers name on the windshield.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/12/09/nascar-changes-car-and-ad-designs-for-2013/

BroncosFanInPA
02-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Well it's that time of year, racing is back!! And i see it took them all of about 10 minutes into the first practice of the year to crash :laugh:

Well never the less i'm ready for some action tonight & of course the big one next week. Is this the year Smoke finally wins the 500? Man i hope so, it's really starting to seem like how it was for Dale Sr. when it took him 20 years, this will be Stewart's 15th try for it & i really hope he can win it.

Well let's hope for a good one tonight & again glad it's back to take my mind off how such an awesome bronco season ended so bitterly.

Peanut
02-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Well it's that time of year, racing is back!! And i see it took them all of about 10 minutes into the first practice of the year to crash :laugh:

Well never the less i'm ready for some action tonight & of course the big one next week. Is this the year Smoke finally wins the 500? Man i hope so, it's really starting to seem like how it was for Dale Sr. when it took him 20 years, this will be Stewart's 15th try for it & i really hope he can win it.

Well let's hope for a good one tonight & again glad it's back to take my mind off how such an awesome bronco season ended so bitterly.

I hope it helps.

The website I had been using for TV broadcast scheduling is no longer there. I found another one. They list all forms of racing (on wheels, that is). I think it's great, since I like open-wheel and other forms of racing.

http://tvracer.com/

roushmartin6
02-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Another speedweeks, another round of morons crashing Mark. Hopefully the 500 goes better than the shootout did

Peanut
02-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Congrats to Patrick and team.

Freyaka
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Another speedweeks, another round of morons crashing Mark. Hopefully the 500 goes better than the shootout did

personally I thought it was boring...I hope this isn't what we have to look forward with this new car...Last season got so boring I almost quit watching and if it's going to be another year of unexciting racing I may have to find a better use of my sundays.

AZ Snake Fan
02-17-2013, 07:05 PM

Shoot out was kinda boring.
Quals weren't that boring.
Showcased the drivers. I never would have known about Dan and Sten lol.
Kyle looked a bit chubby; kudos to all the drivers that ran the 1/2 marathon this morning.
I was able to catch up with team changes/motors/drivers/crew chiefs/new rules etc.
Clint Bowyer had me cracking up in the Hollywood Hotel.
I finally figured out who Clint sounds like; Woody Harrelson.
~~~
Between the Jimmy Johnson, Brad Keselowski and Clint Bowyer "new" car commercials, Clint's was the best.
Jimmy's "new car smell" was ok.
Brad taking photos of himself then popping the hood and sticking his phone inside real quick was funny.
Clint got me with his line after the salesman went to get the "keys".
~~~
They played all of those commercials too many times imo lol.
The one they really played too many times was the SB Bud/Clydesdale commercial.
Wish they would stop playing that one; It makes me cry. :sad:
~~~
I'm going to reserve judgement on the Gen 6 car for a while.
At least it's not so much a box. I really didn't like the box car.
Pretty good speeds for restrictor plate racing.
If they can't bump draft like a freight train, I like that.
Areos are a lot different, someone said today that it is hard to turn left in front of them.
We'll see.
~~~
Now that the shoot out is over and after the Duals this week, I hope these drivers learn enough to take it to the 500.

BroncosFanInPA
02-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Congrats to Patrick and team.

Yeah good for her i guess, it is a big deal to get the pole for this race because of the format for qualifying & having bragging rights for a whole week but it was just one lap & i'm not sure if she can hang up front the whole race, if she can do that then i will be impressed.

The bigger question i have is if it came down to the final laps & she is running 2nd or 3rd behind Tony would she try to pass him & go for the win or does she try to push him to the win?

Peanut
02-17-2013, 10:53 PM

Shoot out was kinda boring.
Quals weren't that boring.
Showcased the drivers. I never would have known about Dan and Sten lol.
Kyle looked a bit chubby; kudos to all the drivers that ran the 1/2 marathon this morning.
I was able to catch up with team changes/motors/drivers/crew chiefs/new rules etc.
Clint Bowyer had me cracking up in the Hollywood Hotel.
I finally figured out who Clint sounds like; Woody Harrelson.
~~~
Between the Jimmy Johnson, Brad Keselowski and Clint Bowyer "new" car commercials, Clint's was the best.
Jimmy's "new car smell" was ok.
Brad taking photos of himself then popping the hood and sticking his phone inside real quick was funny.
Clint got me with his line after the salesman went to get the "keys".
~~~
They played all of those commercials too many times imo lol.
The one they really played too many times was the SB Bud/Clydesdale commercial.
Wish they would stop playing that one; It makes me cry. :sad:
~~~
I'm going to reserve judgement on the Gen 6 car for a while.
At least it's not so much a box. I really didn't like the box car.
Pretty good speeds for restrictor plate racing.
If they can't bump draft like a freight train, I like that.
Areos are a lot different, someone said today that it is hard to turn left in front of them.
We'll see.
~~~
Now that the shoot out is over and after the Duals this week, I hope these drivers learn enough to take it to the 500.

Good stuff. I had quals on but just listened to it. I'm working into racing mode. :D

Yeah good for her i guess, it is a big deal to get the pole for this race because of the format for qualifying & having bragging rights for a whole week but it was just one lap & i'm not sure if she can hang up front the whole race, if she can do that then i will be impressed.

The bigger question i have is if it came down to the final laps & she is running 2nd or 3rd behind Tony would she try to pass him & go for the win or does she try to push him to the win?

She (they) made history today. Got to give her props for that.

My question is, if she's up front at the end, will they (Tony and JR) just follow her and not attempt a pass (kind of like Michael Waltrip's win)? "Let" her win? Her win in IndyCar, I swear Castroneves almost pulled over to let her by. He was a half a lap plus ahead of her and in less than a lap she flies past him. I have looked for footage of that race so that I could see it again (the last 5 laps or so) and have never been able to find it. Which I find very odd. Unless I just haven't looked in the right places.

Anyway, I hope it's a safe race for everyone.

Thors Hammer
02-18-2013, 08:56 AM

My question is, if she's up front at the end, will they (Tony and JR) just follow her and not attempt a pass (kind of like Michael Waltrip's win)? "Let" her win? Her win in IndyCar, I swear Castroneves almost pulled over to let her by. He was a half a lap plus ahead of her and in less than a lap she flies past him. I have looked for footage of that race so that I could see it again (the last 5 laps or so) and have never been able to find it. Which I find very odd. Unless I just haven't looked in the right places.

Listening to ESPN, you'd think that Danica won the 500 and the championship in 1 lap. :rolleyes: What really bothers me is that if people did a little bit of research, they'd find out that there have been some female racers who have actually been very successful at the highest levels.

Shirley Muldowney, The First Lady of Drag Racing. 3 time Top Fuel racing champion from 1974 - 1982, an era in which women in racing didn't really get any support. "She went against all odds. They didn't want her to race Top Fuel, the association, the racers, nobody...just Shirley." - Don Garlits
"NHRA fought me every inch of the way, but when they saw how a girl could fill the stands, they saw it was good for the sport." - Shirley

Angelle Sampey - 3 straight NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Championships from 2000 - 2002.

Other women who have been successful:

Melanie Troxel
Ashley Hood
Courtney Force

And none of them had to do a racy GoDaddy commercial to boost their fame. :coffee:

AZ Snake Fan
02-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Good stuff. I had quals on but just listened to it. I'm working into racing mode. :D

I think Danica did a great job of putting a big dent in Go-Daddy's fat wallet.
She made tons of money, good for her !
Danica didn't need to boost her fame, at least not in the racing world.
~~~
Castro said it was a fuel strategy race and he was saving fuel when she got by him; won by 5+ sec.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351847,00.html

C-S6Gedq_mM

Here's a different outcome of a fuel strategy race for rookie J.R. Hildebrand :
Of-FuBD_2jA
...oooops :eek:

~~~
Something I meant to mention yesterday at the quals: that ghost cam is awesome !!!
~~~

Definitely props to Danica and her team, she ran a great line and hit her marks.
But like Thor says, that was only one lap with no distractions.
Once that green flag drops on Sunday it will be a real long day for all the drivers.
I know that Ryan Newman has won a Daytona 500 and I know that Tony has not.
If those two were together on the last lap, they would wreck each other to get the checker.
I don't think any driver will let her win especially not Smoke, boss or no boss....we'll see....
She has the respect of most NASCAR folks but I think she will have to continue to earn it.

Personally, I think that Danika will have a similar career start like Montoya is still having.
To me, it is a bit of a stretch to consider that she will be up with the front on the last lap.
But that's just me. :D

Anyway, I hope it's a safe race for everyone too !

Peanut
02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Listening to ESPN, you'd think that Danica won the 500 and the championship in 1 lap. :rolleyes: What really bothers me is that if people did a little bit of research, they'd find out that there have been some female racers who have actually been very successful at the highest levels.

Shirley Muldowney, The First Lady of Drag Racing. 3 time Top Fuel racing champion from 1974 - 1982, an era in which women in racing didn't really get any support. "She went against all odds. They didn't want her to race Top Fuel, the association, the racers, nobody...just Shirley." - Don Garlits
"NHRA fought me every inch of the way, but when they saw how a girl could fill the stands, they saw it was good for the sport." - Shirley

Angelle Sampey - 3 straight NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Championships from 2000 - 2002.

Melanie Troxel
Ashley Hood
Courtney Force

And none of them had to do a racy GoDaddy commercial to boost their fame. :coffee:

Thank you for this post.

It's mainly the media that bothers me. Just like the early hype with Jr.

I can kind of see why she would do that type of commercials. She has the opportunity, why not take advantage of it, you know? But, don't go complaining that you don't want the "sexy" image. I heard that last year and it was like, Really? Unless she was misquoted and I missed it.

I think Danica did a great job of putting a big dent in Go-Daddy's fat wallet.
She made tons of money, good for her !
Danica didn't need to boost her fame, at least not in the racing world.
~~~
Castro said it was a fuel strategy race and he was saving fuel when she got by him; won by 5+ sec.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351847,00.html

C-S6Gedq_mM

Here's a different outcome of a fuel strategy race for rookie J.R. Hildebrand :
Of-FuBD_2jA
...oooops :eek:

~~~
Something I meant to mention yesterday at the quals: that ghost cam is awesome !!!
~~~

Definitely props to Danica and her team, she ran a great line and hit her marks.
But like Thor says, that was only one lap with no distractions.
Once that green flag drops on Sunday it will be a real long day for all the drivers.
I know that Ryan Newman has won a Daytona 500 and I know that Tony has not.
If those two were together on the last lap, they would wreck each other to get the checker.
I don't think any driver will let her win especially not Smoke, boss or no boss....we'll see....
She has the respect of most NASCAR folks but I think she will have to continue to earn it.

Personally, I think that Danika will have a similar career start like Montoya is still having.
To me, it is a bit of a stretch to consider that she will be up with the front on the last lap.
But that's just me. :D

Anyway, I hope it's a safe race for everyone too !

Thanks for the links. I don't remember them talking about fuel strategy, just the visual of how fast she caught and passed him.

I guess the "conspiracy" enters my mind because of what it would do for NASCAR for her to win. As they just said on SportsCenter, her pole is "the talk of the racing world".

I agree. Love the ghost cam.

AZ Snake Fan
02-20-2013, 11:13 PM

Melanie Troxel
Ashley Hood
Courtney Force

Speaking of women in the racing world and making history, anyone heard about this gal ?
Quite an awesome story !

Female in the pits:

“She's perfectly fine proving herself at lower rungs along the way, however, she may not have to. She was expected to be on Cobb's crew for the entire Camping World Truck season, but Wednesday Michael Waltrip Racing announced it had signed her as a full-time crew member for its Sprint Cup operation.”

More: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar--female-in-the-pits--christmas-abbott-is-set-to-enter-where-few-women-have-before-170207111.html

Which one of Michael’s car teams she will be working with ?

Raiderfan76
02-21-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm taking off early today (w/pay;)) to watch the twin 125's.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3bHZUZDde7yCNcrQIq74Mb3rqo1LwX nJukeklrEUmJvWowFC2

roushmartin6
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm taking off early today (w/pay;)) to watch the twin 125's.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3bHZUZDde7yCNcrQIq74Mb3rqo1LwX nJukeklrEUmJvWowFC2

Lol I use a vacation day every year, can't miss the duels. When i was in school, I wasn't at school on duel day either lol

kingelway7
02-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Chance if rain for tomorrow has went up from 30% to now 60%.

I hope it doesn't rain. I sat at the track for 9 hrs on Sunday last year, I really don't wanna do that again. But if it comes to it that the race gets moved to Monday again, ill still be there.

Peanut
02-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Chance if rain for tomorrow has went up from 30% to now 60%.

I hope it doesn't rain. I sat at the track for 9 hrs on Sunday last year, I really don't wanna do that again. But if it comes to it that the race gets moved to Monday again, ill still be there.

I love rain, but not on race days.

NW race: Wow. I hope everyone is okay. Another reason not to sit close to the track.

Props to Tony for that interview. He has his priorities right.

BroncosFanInPA
02-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I love rain, but not on race days.

NW race: Wow. I hope everyone is okay. Another reason not to sit close to the track.

Props to Tony for that interview. He has his priorities right.

Yeah that was one scary crash & i hope everyone in the stands is ok because that was an extremely dangerous situation.

And your right about Tony, he always is a class act when it comes to things like that, he may have his moments of anger & frustration & he lets it show alot of the time but that's just who he is, he stands up for what he believes in & he voices his opinion & speaks his mind which is what i like about him but also how he cares as well.

On a side note, that was his 7th win in the Nationwide series at Daytona tying him with the great Dale Sr. & perhaps even more impressive is the fact it was the 6th time in the last 7. :clap: The man knows how to get around that place. :salute:

Freyaka
02-23-2013, 08:37 PM
wow that was scary, my wife posted a video on facebook that was from someone in the stands right near where the tire hit. That would be terrifying! I seriously hope everyone involved is ok!

I'd post the video here but obviously it contains profanity (I'd probably swear if someone just got hit by a tire!) I shared it on my facebook for those who have me on facebook.

roushmartin6
02-23-2013, 11:44 PM
wow that was scary, my wife posted a video on facebook that was from someone in the stands right near where the tire hit. That would be terrifying! I seriously hope everyone involved is ok!

I'd post the video here but obviously it contains profanity (I'd probably swear if someone just got hit by a tire!) I shared it on my facebook for those who have me on facebook.

I saw the video too and just glad nobody died. Nascar really needs to investigate ways to make these fences safer

Freyaka
02-24-2013, 12:51 AM
I saw the video too and just glad nobody died. Nascar really needs to investigate ways to make these fences safer

At the same time the vast majority of the debris was contained by the fence. The engine didn't travel much past the fence and the tire was thrown over it.

The fence did it's job but it was just a very violent crash (the second one of this nature that has been the fault of Brad K.....)

Southstander
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Less then sox laps to go.

Southstander
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Jimmie!!!!

Southstander
02-24-2013, 02:42 PM
I hope Jimmie keeps this up.

BroncosFanInPA
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry but i just have to say how i feel about that race, and that is just awful & it really has nothing to to with Stewart being out way too soon, because i sat & watched the rest of the race & it was a bunch of garbage.

What i mean by that is the fact that for the better part of let's say 70-80% of the race they ran around in a single file line at the the top of the track. If i was there in person & paid to get in, i would be extremley disappointed & would want my money back because we saw at the end that they could race side by side but chose not to.

To me that screams of the drivers being too cautious & not doing what they are there to do & that is race & that is a real shame because people spend alot of money to go to these events & if the drivers aren't going to give it their all for the whole race then why bother?

Why not just make it a 50 lap shootout & be done with it if nobody wants to race? At least Smoke was trying early in the race to go down to the low side to make something happen but nobody would go along & even Kasey Kahne said the same, he didn't want to sit there in a single file but you didn't have much choice because everyone was being a sissy!

If this is the way they are going to race Daytona & Talladega then they seriously need to think about making those races shorter because it's pointless to ride around like a train for so long.

Yes i'm upset that tony went out so early because he is running out of time to win this race but overall the race stunk with or without him.

Southstander
02-24-2013, 03:35 PM
I am not saying this because my guy won, but I thought it was a pretty exciting race. I think part of the reason for there not being more pack racing is yesterday's accident. NASCAR may have told them to err on the side of caution till they know better how the G6 car handles in packs.

BroncosFanInPA
02-24-2013, 03:42 PM
I am not saying this because my guy won, but I thought it was a pretty exciting race. I think part of the reason for there not being more pack racing is yesterday's accident. NASCAR may have told them to err on the side of caution till they know better how the G6 car handles in packs.

I know your happy & all but how in the world can you call that race exciting when they rode around single file for so long?

To me that was one of the worst Daytona 500 i have ever seen!

And i would say that even if Smoke was still in it & had won it.

Southstander
02-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Becuse I do not need a lot of crashes or packs of cars beating and banging on each other to have an exciting race. There were more than a few times they where two and three wide. Brad and Jimmie battled back and forth prior to the last caution.

Freyaka
02-24-2013, 07:24 PM
I know your happy & all but how in the world can you call that race exciting when they rode around single file for so long?

To me that was one of the worst Daytona 500 i have ever seen!

And i would say that even if Smoke was still in it & had won it.

Ya this race was AWFUL and not just because I can't stand Jimmy....so much boring follow the leader....I'm with you if they are just going to stay in a straight line for all but 10 laps just skip to that 10 the rest was a snorefest!

Good job of Jimmy smashing the front end up to avoid the possibility of them finding anything off in the post race inspection though...

58_VONDOOM_92
02-24-2013, 08:53 PM
I really wanted the beautiful Danica Patrick to win.....Oh so close! but 8th is still very good....

Southstander
02-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Ya this race was AWFUL and not just because I can't stand Jimmy.

Good job of Jimmy smashing the front end up to avoid the possibility of them finding anything off in the post race inspection though...

Come on... All this Jimmie hate in NASCAR is getting old. I am so tired of "fans" hating teams or drivers that win a lot. It's the same way with the Patriots. Prior to 2001 outside of the AFC East no one hated them. Fast forward to 2014 and they are one of the most hated teams. Why? Because they have dominated at just about every level. Once that happened people started to look for reasons to hate them. Once spygate broke all these fans latched on to it and tried to use it to excuse their hatred. Dispite the fact that countless Hall of Fame Coaches said they have done it and that every team had done it. But that did not matter to those fans that to be honest where jealous of the Pats success wishing it was their team that was winning like that. They had a chance to go undefeated in a 16 game season, two more than the Dolphins, and these jealous fans cheered against them, not because they were Giant fans or fans of an NFC team, because they did not want the Patriots to continue to be successful. I am sorry but as I said it has gotten very old. There are fans that do not follow a single American League East team but because the Yankees have been well the Yankees they hate them. Now you can add the Red Sox to that list, of people cheering against them because they started to win. For 86 years there was not this hatred.

Back to NASCAR, every single driver and crew chef in the history of the sport has broke the rules. It is as much as a part of the sport as the green flag. This is a sport started by people breaking the law and trying to get away with it. If the first generation of drivers where willing to break the law running moonshine to make money, they darn sure would break rules to win money. It will happen every year till the stars burn cold. In the very first NASCAR race ever the winner of the race was disqualified for cheating. In 76 AJ Foyt and Darrell Waltrip where caught trying to use nitrus. Richard cheated to win the October 9, 1983, at Charlotte. "NASCAR inspectors found two reasons: One, his crew had put left-side tires on the right side, and vice-versa, which would have made for a nice, if brief, advantage. Even a bigger advantage: Petty's engine measured 381.983 cubic inches, compared to the legal 358". In 1952 Tim Flock was disqualified for having painted wood as his roll cage instead of metal one. DW used to have his frame rails filled with BBs to pass inspections only to have them spill out during the race to make his car faster and lighter the. The compitition. He and other drivers would have heavy lead radios or helmets in the car during the weigh in. In 2001 Little Dale during Pepsi 400 where he had a bigger restrict-or plate, better aero-package, and a bigger fuel capacity. His father has said "Guys get caught cheating all the time. Cheating is nothing new in the garage." It's time fans stop having false outrage when someone other then who they cheer for gets caught. Please do not misunderstand, I am not saying that cheaters should be given a free pass. Or that it is ok to cheat, it most certainly is not but acting they are the only ones to cheat is very hipocritical.

This is what is wrong with our world. We no longer cheer for people to be successful. If someone is better at something then we are rather then be happy for them we tear them down.

BroncoSexyDaddy
02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
50 cent attempts to kiss Erin Andrews at the Nascar race.

http://deadspin.com/5986533/50-cents-attempt-to-kiss-erin-andrews-was-one-for-the-ages?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

kingelway7
02-25-2013, 11:10 AM
I was at the race yesterday and it was exactly as I expected it would be. With the new Gen6 car, I didn't expect much craziness til crunch time, which there wasn't. This is their 3rd time in a race with these new cars, their first with a full 43 car line up. Most of the race was to learn the handling of the car and drafting with the new car with having so many cars on the track at once.

I'm disappoint with 3 things:

1. My fav driver (DEJr) finished 2nd yet again.
2. Smoke, 2nd fav driver, was out early.
3. The debris caution with 9 laps left. It totally killed the 20 lap shootout at the end.

Otherwise, the race great because I wasn't expecting any craziness til the end.

Also, this may be because of Danica Partrick, but the TV ratings were the best for the 500 since DEJr won.

CanDB
02-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't watch this sport very often.....just not my bag. But I did watch a lot of it, probably because of Danica (not because I am a big fan, but because I got caught up in how good a driver she is.....which got me tuned in tighter to what a race car driver does). And even though this is not a revelation, it still amazes me how these folks can travel at such high speed, and be so close together. It's nuts!

As for the race however, I concur with some others here......this was a very stale race. The only thing that caused much positional change were the pit stops, until that last rush right near the end of the race. Certainly not much passing going on.

Oh well.......I guess I could say "Go Daddy" or make that, "Go Girl"

Note: What was Franco thinking when he started the race with "Go Drivers.....and Danica!" ?????????????????????????? Is she not a driver????? :confused:

Peanut
02-26-2013, 01:32 AM
The man is impressing me more and more.

Stewart visits fans in hospital: #14-Tony Stewart visited six NASCAR fans who were injured Saturday during a horrific wreck on the last lap of the NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Daytona International Speedway. Stewart was present at Halifax Health Medical Center Sunday after the Daytona 500 for more than two hours, according to a Stewart Haas Racing spokesman. He arrived at approximately 8:00pm and stayed just past 10:00 pm. Stewart did not want to be acknowledged for the deed, but when ESPN.com learned he had visited the injured fans, his team confirmed the visit with his blessing. The three-time champion met with each patient individually, and interacted extensively with five of them. He gave each a personalized, autographed Bass Pro Shops #14 cap. It was Stewart's decision alone to visit the fans, the spokesman said. He wanted to do it, and charged his team with coordinating logistics.(full article at ESPN.com)(2-26-2013)

BroncosFanInPA
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
The man is impressing me more and more.

Stewart visits fans in hospital: #14-Tony Stewart visited six NASCAR fans who were injured Saturday during a horrific wreck on the last lap of the NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Daytona International Speedway. Stewart was present at Halifax Health Medical Center Sunday after the Daytona 500 for more than two hours, according to a Stewart Haas Racing spokesman. He arrived at approximately 8:00pm and stayed just past 10:00 pm. Stewart did not want to be acknowledged for the deed, but when ESPN.com learned he had visited the injured fans, his team confirmed the visit with his blessing. The three-time champion met with each patient individually, and interacted extensively with five of them. He gave each a personalized, autographed Bass Pro Shops #14 cap. It was Stewart's decision alone to visit the fans, the spokesman said. He wanted to do it, and charged his team with coordinating logistics.(full article at ESPN.com)(2-26-2013)

Yeah i would say Tony has a heart as big as anybody out there & is a very caring person & always trying to help others & give back like he does with his race at Eldora by giving the money to charities.

I remember in years past how much money he donated to the Kyle Petty victory junction camp for children who are ill or have certain disabilities.

Like i said before, he may wear his emotions on his sleeve when he's out on the track but away from the track he sure seems to be a very caring & giving person, the world could use alot more like him.

Thanks for posting Peanut. :salute:

Southstander
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
I am glad to see that Stewart has "grown up". For years he was a hothead on the track and sometimes even worse in the garage. I will admit my respect for him has grown in the past week or so.

Peanut
02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
PA, I thought you would like that. :D

I am glad to see that Stewart has "grown up". For years he was a hothead on the track and sometimes even worse in the garage. I will admit my respect for him has grown in the past week or so.

Some people call that "passion". :D

I think it depends on how it's done. Some people can show their passion without being jerks.

Southstander
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
I have no problem with passion, or wearing your heart on your sleeve. Those two words discribe me. It is almost too much of my heart on my sleeve. I am talking about how early in his career when he slapped a tape recorder ou of a reporters hand. Also when he had to go to anger managent.

BroncosFanInPA
02-26-2013, 06:23 PM
I have no problem with passion, or wearing your heart on your sleeve. Those two words discribe me. It is almost too much of my heart on my sleeve. I am talking about how early in his career when he slapped a tape recorder ou of a reporters hand. Also when he had to go to anger managent.

I really think when he became a owner/driver it really put things into perspective for him once he saw everything that went into building the cars & preparing for each & every race & how much work it takes from alot of people.

I will also say that even when he was doing some of those things you mentioned i believe he still was the same guy away from the track as he is today, it's just now it's more recognized & his behaviors at the track most likely overshadowed the good stuff.

But that's also not to say he still doesn't get heated & emotional on the track, just think back to last season when he & kenseth wrecked each other at Bristol & he threw his helmet off matt's car (which i thought was awesome) but i think he can have more control of how far his emotions go now compared to back in the early days.

Regardless of how it plays out, i love his passion & desire to be the best & speak his mind & not put up with any crap from anybody, he is one man you don't want to tangle with on the track because he will get you one way or another.

Southstander
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Nationwide Series Driver Jeremy Clements has been indefenetly for violating NASCAR Code of Conduct.

Southstander
02-27-2013, 04:31 PM
The AP is reporting Lowe signed an extension with Jimmie through 2015.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Jimmie Johnson's second Daytona 500 victory came with another big prize - a two-year contract extension from primary sponsor Lowe's.

Lowe's Companies Inc. said Wednesday it has re-upped with Hendrick Motorsports through the 2015 NASCAR season, making the announcement to 1,700 store managers at its national sales meeting. The extension is concurrent with Johnson's contract, which also runs through 2015 with Hendrick.

Lowe's and Hendrick first teamed in 2001 when Johnson was hired to drive for the new No. 48 team. Now in its 12th season, it's the most successful team over the last decade in NASCAR.

Johnson has won a series-best 61 races since his 2002 rookie year, has five Sprint Cup titles and has never finished lower than sixth in the standings.

''It has been a great ride with Jimmie since he started in the Cup Series 12 years ago,'' said Tom Lamb, Lowe's chief marketing officer. ''We are proud to sponsor one of the most elite teams and drivers in racing and have a five-time champion carry the Lowe's brand each week.''

Johnson's second Daytona 500 win on Sunday came in his 400th career start. He joined Hendrick teammate Jeff Gordon as just the second driver to have the same primary sponsor for each of their first 400 Cup starts.

''Lowe's believed in me before I had any success,'' said Johnson. ''They are all I've ever known in my Sprint Cup career, and their support of me and the No. 48 team is second to none in the sport. We've been together for this crazy ride, and I'm so happy we're continuing it together. They truly are family, and I'm proud to represent them.''

Johnson and crew chief Chad Knaus have been together with Lowe's since the No. 48 team was formed, and have won at least one Sprint Cup race in 12 consecutive seasons. The five championships trail only first-ballot Hall of Fame drivers Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty, who each won seven.

''We caught lightning in a bottle with this combination,'' said team owner Rick Hendrick. ''Jimmie and Chad have been successful because they always have a plan and do a great job executing. Lowe's is the same way as a sponsor. The partnership has been incredible, and we're looking forward to working together for many more years.''

roushmartin6
03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Well Mark has been fast all week at Phoenix. Hopefully he gets the win Sunday

Southstander
03-03-2013, 02:43 PM
rm6 Mark is doing pretty good so far.

Southstander
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Edwards wins in Pheonix.

roushmartin6
03-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Happy Carl won but man Mark had a fast car and terrible pit strategy cost him the race.

Southstander
03-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Denny Hamlin has been find $25k for criticizing the G6 car after crashing in last Sunday's race T Pheonix.

roushmartin6
03-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Pretty boring race today except the ending was exciting. Now if only the last 20 laps could be turned into the whole race.

Freyaka
03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Pretty boring race today except the ending was exciting. Now if only the last 20 laps could be turned into the whole race.

I actually enjoyed it. One of the few recently I watched start to finish.

Southstander
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
I know that this is not NASCAR related but Dan Wheldon's widow, Susie, will drop the green flag at the seasons opener in St Petersburg.

http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/609/480/87436085-dan-wheldon.jpg

Peanut
03-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I know that this is not NASCAR related but Dan Wheldon's widow, Susie, will drop the green flag at the seasons opener in St Petersburg.

http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/609/480/87436085-dan-wheldon.jpg

Cool. Thanks for sharing that. It's nice to know that they still involve her.

I use this thread for all things on wheels. :D

BroncoManiac_69
03-12-2013, 03:09 PM
I actually enjoyed it. One of the few recently I watched start to finish.

Same here. Just wish I was actually in the stands. :(

BroncosFanInPA
03-15-2013, 08:19 PM
What up all my Nascar friends? Not sure if any of you guys & gals have seen this video on you tube of Jeff Gordon & Pepsi Max but it is absolutely hilarious & you need to check this out.

I figured this was the best place to post in since it's Jeff Gordon staring in it, so enjoy, i laughed my butt off. :laugh:

http://youtu.be/Q5mHPo2yDG8

Thors Hammer
03-15-2013, 08:35 PM
What up all my Nascar friends? Not sure if any of you guys & gals have seen this video on you tube of Jeff Gordon & Pepsi Max but it is absolutely hilarious & you need to check this out.

I figured this was the best place to post in since it's Jeff Gordon staring in it, so enjoy, i laughed my butt off. :laugh:

http://youtu.be/Q5mHPo2yDG8

Saw this last night. I kept laughing when the salesman kept yelling "Sir, sir, you're liable for any damages done to the car!!!!!!!"

Peanut
03-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Saw this last night. I kept laughing when the salesman kept yelling "Sir, sir, you're liable for any damages done to the car!!!!!!!"

My favorite line? "Want to do it again?"

Freyaka
03-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Denny Hamlin is a worthless pile of crap....

Thors Hammer
03-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Denny Hamlin is a worthless pile of crap....

Just typical Bristol racing, it's not an official race unless somebody's mad at someone else after the race.

http://youtu.be/W3MMjK6PEFY

Freyaka
03-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Just typical Bristol racing, it's not an official race unless somebody's mad at someone else after the race.

http://youtu.be/W3MMjK6PEFY

I'm not even talking about him wrecking him...I mean Hamlin is the biggest punk in the garage... My landlord races in the truck series he says no one likes him in the garage because he's just a jerk and honestly it shows in every interview I've ever seen him do...

He bumped Lagano out of the way and said something to the extent of that he had no bussiness being out there...he was running top 5 when Hamlin dumped him... He's a punk....the schoolyard bully of nascar.

Freyaka
03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Wow what a finish. Good job Kyle, not a real fan of you but way to capitalize there!

Hope Denny's ok but honestly like Lagano said he had it coming, if he hadn't dumped Lagano for absolutely no reason last week Joey wouldn't have had a reason to be pissed this week and they both would have probably finished decent.

Not really sure what the heck Tony's problem was...what did he expect him to do? surrender and let him pass without trying to hold position? He was racing for the win on a restart....you don't just willingly give up positions with that little of a race left, I like Tony but he needs to just get over himself...

BroncosFanInPA
03-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Wow what a finish. Good job Kyle, not a real fan of you but way to capitalize there!

Hope Denny's ok but honestly like Lagano said he had it coming, if he hadn't dumped Lagano for absolutely no reason last week Joey wouldn't have had a reason to be pissed this week and they both would have probably finished decent.

Not really sure what the heck Tony's problem was...what did he expect him to do? surrender and let him pass without trying to hold position? He was racing for the win on a restart....you don't just willingly give up positions with that little of a race left, I like Tony but he needs to just get over himself...

Well let's see, how about not running him off the track for starters.

Go watch the replay of the restart & you will see by the time they get down to turn one Stewart has been pushed below the white line & yet the distance in between the side Logano & Kyle was like 30 or 40 feet so Logano had no reason to be pushing tony that far off track when he had all the room in the world to his right.

I'm glad tony is getting some fire back in him & not gonna just sit around & do nothing while these young punks show no respect to anybody. I said it before & i'll say it again, Smoke is one racer you don't want to get into it with because he will get you.

Blocking is one thing & i will even say acceptable if done properly by simply moving in front of the guy behind you but not the way he did it, he ran him off the track & that is where the problem is.

Next race is Martinsville & there is no place to hide so be prepared Logano because it's coming!

Freyaka
03-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Well let's see, how about not running him off the track for starters.

Go watch the replay of the restart & you will see by the time they get down to turn one Stewart has been pushed below the white line & yet the distance in between the side Logano & Kyle was like 30 or 40 feet so Logano had no reason to be pushing tony that far off track when he had all the room in the world to his right.

I'm glad tony is getting some fire back in him & not gonna just sit around & do nothing while these young punks show no respect to anybody. I said it before & i'll say it again, Smoke is one racer you don't want to get into it with because he will get you.

Blocking is one thing & i will even say acceptable if done properly by simply moving in front of the guy behind you but not the way he did it, he ran him off the track & that is where the problem is.

Next race is Martinsville & there is no place to hide so be prepared Logano because it's coming!

You don't think Tony would have done the exact same thing (and has before) Tony can dish it out but boy he hates it when some does it back.

Don't get me wrong, I love tony he's one of my favorite drivers but he just needs to get over it. Joey didn't do anything wrong blocking him like that he did what he had to do to keep tony behind him.

BroncosFanInPA
03-25-2013, 05:11 PM
You don't think Tony would have done the exact same thing (and has before) Tony can dish it out but boy he hates it when some does it back.

Don't get me wrong, I love tony he's one of my favorite drivers but he just needs to get over it. Joey didn't do anything wrong blocking him like that he did what he had to do to keep tony behind him.

Well i beg to differ on the bold part, as i mentioned in my previous post, i have no problem with blocking someone when done the right way & by that i mean moving left or right to keep them behind you but what he did was run tony down off the racing surface onto the apron.

Tony had a run & was starting to get to the inside of his rear quarter panel & Logano kept moving down forcing him off track, i feel that is improper blocking because tony even said if he hadn't lifted he would have turned him & maybe he should have.

And yes your right, tony has blocked before but not in the manner logano did it in by forcing someone off track, there is a a right way & wrong way to block & when somebody is starting to come inside you then it's no longer blocking in my eyes.

Would it have been ok if smoke doesn't lift off the gas & crashes half the field because he was cut off?

CanDB
03-25-2013, 06:30 PM
I have to admit, I am not big on NASCAR and other car races.......I don't dislike this stuff, but I have never really gotten into that groove, and besides, I watch too many sports as is. But I have watched some of it recently, just to get an idea of the amazing driving skills and such. Now I have a question:

When they have a restart, it appears they line up as if the race was starting from scratch, which apparently wipes out the gaps between cars up to that point. For example, Jeff Gordon may be 1 lap behind, but with the restart, he's back in the race and only seconds behind. If this is the case, I don't think it's fair. Can someone explain? (Thanks!)

Peanut
03-25-2013, 10:48 PM
I have to admit, I am not big on NASCAR and other car races.......I don't dislike this stuff, but I have never really gotten into that groove, and besides, I watch too many sports as is. But I have watched some of it recently, just to get an idea of the amazing driving skills and such. Now I have a question:

When they have a restart, it appears they line up as if the race was starting from scratch, which apparently wipes out the gaps between cars up to that point. For example, Jeff Gordon may be 1 lap behind, but with the restart, he's back in the race and only seconds behind. If this is the case, I don't think it's fair. Can someone explain? (Thanks!)

I'm not great at explaining things, especially when you can't see my hand gestures, but I'll try.

On the track, Gordon is physically seconds from the first place car, but with the way they score the race, it would show that he's a lap down.

Say there are 10 cars on the lead lap. Gordon is eleventh, one lap down. Even if Gordon passes the tenth place car, he would still be 11th, one lap down.

There are ways to get back on the lead lap. One is the Lucky Dog, where a caution comes out and they let the first car a lap down, go around the track during the caution to get his lap back. If that happened to Gordon in 11th place (a lap down), it would put him in 11th place on the lead lap (I'm not throwing pit stops and all that in there).

The other way to get a lap back is to race for it. Say Gordon is a lap down in 11th place. They fixed his car and now he has a rocket. He passes all the lead lap cars, including the 1st place car, he is now back on the lead lap and is hoping for a caution so that he can be behind the 1st place car instead of in front of it. Unless his rocket car allows him to go fast enough to go all the way around the track and catch up to the lead lap cars.

I probably confused you more than you already were. :sad:

Maybe someone can explain it better.

I hope Denny heals quickly and completely.

Freyaka
03-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Well i beg to differ on the bold part, as i mentioned in my previous post, i have no problem with blocking someone when done the right way & by that i mean moving left or right to keep them behind you but what he did was run tony down off the racing surface onto the apron.

Tony had a run & was starting to get to the inside of his rear quarter panel & Logano kept moving down forcing him off track, i feel that is improper blocking because tony even said if he hadn't lifted he would have turned him & maybe he should have.

And yes your right, tony has blocked before but not in the manner logano did it in by forcing someone off track, there is a a right way & wrong way to block & when somebody is starting to come inside you then it's no longer blocking in my eyes.

Would it have been ok if smoke doesn't lift off the gas & crashes half the field because he was cut off?

Look Tony is the one that went down there...He blocked Tony went lower Joey blocked again. I find nothing wrong with that....He didn't run tony into the grass...He was completely and totally in front of Tony and Tony had the choice to back off or keep going even lower to get underneath him. Tony is the only one that made that choice Joey couldn't force him...Now if Tony would have had his nose actually inside Joey's car (He didn't I've watched the reply plenty of times) then yes Joey going down would have been forcing Tony down but Tony made that choice...

He's loves to run his mouth when someone else does something like this to him but he's not too hard on himself when he drives like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f3b2WgTk-9M#!

Tony does the exact same thing to others and it's no big deal but he just hates it when someone does it to him...

He needs to get over it and quit calling people "spoiled rich kids" just because they one uped him.

Freyaka
03-26-2013, 05:12 AM
This pretty much sums it up for me

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-blocking-aficionado-ticked-joey-logano-blocking-005903978--nascar.html

I don't hate Tony at all don't get me wrong there I've been a fan of his for awhile and still am BUT he's the biggest hypocrite in nascar and he LOVES to complain about blocking and how it shouldn't be legal but yet he does it just as much as anyone else...

BroncosFanInPA
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Look Tony is the one that went down there...He blocked Tony went lower Joey blocked again. I find nothing wrong with that....He didn't run tony into the grass...He was completely and totally in front of Tony and Tony had the choice to back off or keep going even lower to get underneath him. Tony is the only one that made that choice Joey couldn't force him...Now if Tony would have had his nose actually inside Joey's car (He didn't I've watched the reply plenty of times) then yes Joey going down would have been forcing Tony down but Tony made that choice...

He's loves to run his mouth when someone else does something like this to him but he's not too hard on himself when he drives like this.

Tony does the exact same thing to others and it's no big deal but he just hates it when someone does it to him...

He needs to get over it and quit calling people "spoiled rich kids" just because they one uped him.

Well whatever, it's obvious you have your views of how it went down & i have my view as to how it went down so i'll just leave it at that. Besides Tony obviously had something else going on that he fell from 3rd to 22nd, i think he said maybe a tire going down & i think that coupled with the restart issue really sent him over the edge.

It's been a very rough start to the year & i think it's starting to bother him & i have another theory also that i think deep down inside he may be realizing he made a mistake letting Darrian Grubb go after the title run. It's very clear he has not been running as strong since the change & yet Hamlin is up front contending for wins about every race.

I know he will never come out & admit it but my personal opinion is it was a big mistake, i thought so at the time he announced it & i feel even stronger about it now but what's done is done.

And one last thing about the one up comment you made, just wait until Martinsville & see who is laughing last & who gets turned around or sent into the wall, i may be wrong & he may just give him a tap but i have a feeling something will go down.

Freyaka
03-27-2013, 06:00 AM
I've noticed with tony a direct correlation of his attitude to his weight, the more weight he puts on the more iratible he gets....And he's started packing the pounds on this season

I won't be suprised if he dumps Lagano but I think it will be undeserved and if he does and he doesn't break lagano's car bad enough that he can't move it he'd better watch out because joey will pay him back

CanDB
03-27-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm not great at explaining things, especially when you can't see my hand gestures, but I'll try.

On the track, Gordon is physically seconds from the first place car, but with the way they score the race, it would show that he's a lap down.

Say there are 10 cars on the lead lap. Gordon is eleventh, one lap down. Even if Gordon passes the tenth place car, he would still be 11th, one lap down.

There are ways to get back on the lead lap. One is the Lucky Dog, where a caution comes out and they let the first car a lap down, go around the track during the caution to get his lap back. If that happened to Gordon in 11th place (a lap down), it would put him in 11th place on the lead lap (I'm not throwing pit stops and all that in there).

The other way to get a lap back is to race for it. Say Gordon is a lap down in 11th place. They fixed his car and now he has a rocket. He passes all the lead lap cars, including the 1st place car, he is now back on the lead lap and is hoping for a caution so that he can be behind the 1st place car instead of in front of it. Unless his rocket car allows him to go fast enough to go all the way around the track and catch up to the lead lap cars.

I probably confused you more than you already were. :sad:

Maybe someone can explain it better.

I hope Denny heals quickly and completely.

Thanks J!

If I may, I want to change the example a bit, because I am not sure if I helped by talking about being one lap down. Lets just say that Gordon was in 10th place, and 25 seconds behind (same lap). If they call a "restart", does he automatically start in the 5th group (I assume two aside), which in essence means he's only a few seconds behind? If so, does that seem unfair to the leader(s), who might be running away with the race at that point?

My gut tells me that it's too hard to restart everyone based on how many seconds behind they are.

Does that make more sense, or have I missed everything you already said???:confused:

Freyaka
03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks J!

If I may, I want to change the example a bit, because I am not sure if I helped by talking about being one lap down. Lets just say that Gordon was in 10th place, and 25 seconds behind (same lap). If they call a "restart", does he automatically start in the 5th group (I assume two aside), which in essence means he's only a few seconds behind? If so, does that seem unfair to the leader(s), who might be running away with the race at that point?

My gut tells me that it's too hard to restart everyone based on how many seconds behind they are.

Does that make more sense, or have I missed everything you already said???:confused:

When the caution flies if Gordon is 25 seconds behind the leader and about to get lapped (but not actually a full lap down) then when they line up they would line all of the cars up nose to tail in 2 rows by position. The time he was behind would be erased as he would be lining up on the track in whatever position he was in when ever the yellow flag waived.

Cautions essentially just reset everything which is why it can be very beneficial for someone on the verge of going a lap down. They can pit to adjust their car and start in the back and gain positions and time on the restart.

Normally if a car is good enough to run away with the race he'll still do that but it gives the rest of the field a chance to adjust their car's setup and possibly even things up making it a closer race.

But in answer to your question, yes he would go from being 25 seconds behind to just a few seconds behind giving him a better chance to get back to the front than he had before.

Nascar also gives 1 car a lap down what is called "the lucky dog" which puts them back on the lead lap and they start as the last car on the lead lap.

CanDB
03-27-2013, 12:41 PM
When the caution flies if Gordon is 25 seconds behind the leader and about to get lapped (but not actually a full lap down) then when they line up they would line all of the cars up nose to tail in 2 rows by position. The time he was behind would be erased as he would be lining up on the track in whatever position he was in when ever the yellow flag waived.

Cautions essentially just reset everything which is why it can be very beneficial for someone on the verge of going a lap down. They can pit to adjust their car and start in the back and gain positions and time on the restart.

Normally if a car is good enough to run away with the race he'll still do that but it gives the rest of the field a chance to adjust their car's setup and possibly even things up making it a closer race.

But in answer to your question, yes he would go from being 25 seconds behind to just a few seconds behind giving him a better chance to get back to the front than he had before.

Nascar also gives 1 car a lap down what is called "the lucky dog" which puts them back on the lead lap and they start as the last car on the lead lap.

Okay, now that I asked the question properly, I better understand the details. So yes, it is a disadvantage to the leader(s). But as you say, if they are up by a lot, they will probably gain that lead again.

Do folks see this as unfair, or has it just been generally accepted?

roushmartin6
03-27-2013, 01:15 PM

Still mad that Nascar screwed him out of that win, if he doesn't go below the line Tony has wrecked the whole field (again). Tony has all the talent in the world but the worst attitude and he just cries too much when things don't go his way. At times he makes Kyle Busch look more mature.

Peanut
03-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Okay, now that I asked the question properly, I better understand the details. So yes, it is a disadvantage to the leader(s). But as you say, if they are up by a lot, they will probably gain that lead again.

I'm not sure if I'd call it unfair. It's part of racing. Not sure what else they could do. Stagger the restart? I don't think that would work.

The time that it really hurts the lead driver is when a caution happens very late in the race. I'm talking 10 or less laps. The big lead the 1st place driver has disappears and on a restart, since anything can happen, there's more of a chance for the leader to lose the race. The late race cautions that bother me are the ones for debris. The debris that no one can see. One year, my friends from NY wore t-shirts that said "Show me the debris!". The ladies were so proud of them. :D

BroncosFanInPA
03-27-2013, 03:28 PM

Peanut & Freyaka explained things very well & as far as being unfair, it's the way it's always been done because as Peanut said there is basicly no other way of doing things when it comes to cautions, there is no way you could put the cars back in the actual time they were behind on the track, it would be a total mess.

Also it does help create more excitement as opposed to somebody out front cruising with a 10 second lead over 2nd place & everyone else even further back, nobody wants to watch someone run away with a race but it can happen if the race goes without a caution for a long period which is why as peanut mentioned, sometimes Nascar will throw a caution for debris even if nothing is on the track just to bunch the field back up so it doesn't get very boring.