PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

Southstander
11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
First the Sox and now Jimmie.

FL BRONCO
11-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Congrats to JJ and Chad and the rest of the team. imo Class organization and very deserving. Great season for those guys:beer::salute:

roushmartin6
11-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Congrats to Jimmie, can't say he didn't earn it. Enjoy retirement Mark, watching Nascar won't be the same anymore :(

FL BRONCO
11-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Congrats to Jimmie, can't say he didn't earn it. Enjoy retirement Mark, watching Nascar won't be the same anymore :(

Mark was always my favorite, all the way back to his Folgers Ford days. It is a shame he never won a championship. If I remember correctly he missed out by like 6 pts the one year. It is also a shame he never won the Daytonna 500. I know that must eat at him. But he did have a great career filled with a lot of very impressive wins.:salute: to Mark and the memories

Southstander
11-18-2013, 06:36 PM
6 = The best driver to never win a Cup or Daytona 500.

BroncosFanInPA
11-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Congrats to Jimmie,i respect what he has done in his career & clearly he is an amazing racer & has accomplished so much but with that being said...i have a hard time respecting the #48 as a whole due in large part to Knaus.

There has just been to much cheating he has done over the years to have much respect for him, i guess it is kinda like how not many people have much respect for the patriots because of spygate.

Not trying to take anything away from jimmie, as i said he can race but i can't stand Knaus & the two will forever be tied to each other.

P.S. Smoke rises in 2014 & speaking of Tony, looks like he has a new crew chief...

BroncosFanInPA
11-20-2013, 06:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/10002237/tony-stewart-ricky-stenhouse-jr-get-new-crew-chiefs

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart got a new crew chief Tuesday as both Stewart-Haas Racing and Roush Fenway Racing reorganized their competition departments.

SHR named Chad Johnston the crew chief for Stewart, who is making his second change since Darian Grubb led him to the Sprint Cup title in 2011. Grubb was replaced shortly after the season for Steve Addington, who lasted just two seasons.

Johnston was crew chief for Martin Truex Jr., but was given permission to look for a new job when sponsor Napa Auto Parts told Michael Waltrip Racing it was leaving at the end of the season because of MWR's attempt to manipulate the race at Richmond to get Truex into the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.

Johnston and Stewart are both Indiana natives and previously worked together in 2004 and 2005 when Johnston was a race engineer at Morgan-Dollar Motorsports and Stewart drove three Truck Series races for the team.

SHR also announced that Greg Zipadelli will be vice president of competition responsible for managing all four Sprint Cup teams. Matt Borland was named vice president of engineering, responsible for overseeing all of the team's technical initiatives and research and development projects.

Borland will also work closely with new SHR driver Kurt Busch.

Daniel Knost was promoted from race engineer on the No. 39 team to crew chief for the new No. 41 team for Busch. Knost joined SHR in 2008 when it was Haas-CNC Racing after earning master of science and doctorate degrees in mechanical engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and Virginia Tech.

"Our greatest asset at Stewart-Haas Racing is our people," said team co-owner Stewart. "Obviously, there is a lot of change happening for 2014 as we grow to four teams and bring in Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch. But with our new management structure and the crew chiefs we have in place, we're well positioned to handle whatever challenges come our way. Collectively, we have the experience and wherewithal necessary for each of our teams to perform at the highest level possible."

The team had previously announced that Rodney Childers will be crew chief for Harvick. Tony Gibson will return as Danica Patrick's crew chief.

roushmartin6
11-25-2013, 12:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/10002237/tony-stewart-ricky-stenhouse-jr-get-new-crew-chiefs

Should be an upgrade, Steve Addington is not very good. I feel bad for Justin Algier who gets stuck with him now

roushmartin6
11-29-2013, 01:28 PM
I saw Nascar has purchased Iowa Speedway. I expect cup racing here within the next 5 years :)

BroncosFanInPA
11-30-2013, 08:26 AM
I saw Nascar has purchased Iowa Speedway. I expect cup racing here within the next 5 years :)

That would be cool, they need more short tracks & less of all the 1.5 mile tracks.

I think they need to have a major overhaul of the schedule, too much same old & not enough change & it may just come in 2015 When NBC takes over from ESPN.

roushmartin6
11-30-2013, 01:32 PM
That would be cool, they need more short tracks & less of all the 1.5 mile tracks.

I think they need to have a major overhaul of the schedule, too much same old & not enough change & it may just come in 2015 When NBC takes over from ESPN.

I agree. I've been to a few races at the Iowa Speedway and its great every time. Its state of the art. With Speedway Motorsports Corporation (Nascar's Tracks Division), selling off tracks like Memphis, Pikes Peak, etc because they have no plans to bring cup there, I can't see them buying Iowa without the intention of bringing cup here. They really do need to revamp the schedule. No track should have two dates except a select few (Daytona, Dega, and MAYBE Bristol). That way, tracks go back to selling out because there is greater demand, and we get a better variety of tracks in new markets where people who can't afford to travel may be able to go see a race. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple road courses and hopefully a dirt track added. Nascar seems to have become complacent since Brian France took over. They need to shake things up, bring some excitement back to Nascar.

Southstander
12-09-2013, 09:02 PM
How I wish they would have a Cup Series race in Colorado.

roushmartin6
12-12-2013, 11:12 PM
#3 car returns to cup next year. What do you guys think. Honestly I don't care, enough time has passed in my book but using that number brings a lot of pressure. From what i've seen people are really split on this one.

Peanut
12-18-2013, 09:27 PM
#3 car returns to cup next year. What do you guys think. Honestly I don't care, enough time has passed in my book but using that number brings a lot of pressure. From what i've seen people are really split on this one.

I have no problem with it. It's an RCR number, it's being treated with respect, JR has no problem with it. He never wanted the number and I don't blame him.

I did have a problem when the fans protested Skinner using the #3 in the Truck series. It was never Earnhardt's number, it was Skinner's.

Peanut
12-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Great article. I love these guys.

Kahne and Stewart to honor Leffler at Chili Bowl (http://news.yahoo.com/kahne-stewart-honor-leffler-chili-bowl-211802293--spt.html)

BroncosFanInPA
12-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Putting the #3 back on the track is an interesting topic & i can understand both sides of the fence, how some say it's fine & enough time has passed & also it's not any disrespect but more of an honor of the # in a way.

But i can also see how the diehard fans may not be as receptive to the idea because they see that #3 as being symbolic of Dale & they feel that because of how things ended for him that the # should just be left alone & perhaps even retired.

Which brings me to the question of why aren't car numbers retired in nascar? I understand you can't do it like other sports because there are so many teams in other sports that they each retire there own numbers but in nascar it would need to be limited to just a select few because it's not like a number can be retired multiple times(same number different teams) like other sports because nascar is one big group.

But why not honor the best of the best like the #43 & the #3 because of what they accompished & perhaps one day the #48. These are the only numbers that those guys had & are obviously symbolic of who they were & everybody knows who you would be talking about when you mention those numbers.

I just think it should be considerd for the sport's best of all time that they retire those select few that have dominated the sport.

roushmartin6
12-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Putting the #3 back on the track is an interesting topic & i can understand both sides of the fence, how some say it's fine & enough time has passed & also it's not any disrespect but more of an honor of the # in a way.

But i can also see how the diehard fans may not be as receptive to the idea because they see that #3 as being symbolic of Dale & they feel that because of how things ended for him that the # should just be left alone & perhaps even retired.

Which brings me to the question of why aren't car numbers retired in nascar? I understand you can't do it like other sports because there are so many teams in other sports that they each retire there own numbers but in nascar it would need to be limited to just a select few because it's not like a number can be retired multiple times(same number different teams) like other sports because nascar is one big group.

But why not honor the best of the best like the #43 & the #3 because of what they accompished & perhaps one day the #48. These are the only numbers that those guys had & are obviously symbolic of who they were & everybody knows who you would be talking about when you mention those numbers.

I just think it should be considerd for the sport's best of all time that they retire those select few that have dominated the sport.

The reason I think they don't retire numbers is because there just aren't a whole lot of them to go around unless they want to dip into triple digit numbers. I don't really see the point in retiring numbers in Nascar because so few drivers use the same number their entire career anyways. Also if a driver becomes a car owner, they can continue the legacy of the number like Richard Petty does with the 43. Since we are talking about retiring numbers, I think some NFL teams have gone too far with it, the Bears just retired another one a couple weeks ago! I like how we do it, you have to be amazing to have your number retired here.

NFL_fanatic
12-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone. Big Nascar and Broncos fan here. It's great to see some talk in this particular forum during the off season.

Southstander
12-31-2013, 06:25 AM
The #3 should have been back on the track years maybe even a decade ago. Though I did not know Dale Earnhardt I think he would not want it retired. The man got back in a completely wrecked car because it fired up agian, the race always goes on. Reguardless on how Austin Dillon drives it won't take away or tarnish what Dale did in the 3.

I think these NASCAR fans that are upset need to take a break and relise that Petty's 43 is still on the track, the 3 was not retired after "Fireball" Roberts also died in it. Storied NFL teams like the Raiders and Cowboys (one would think NASCAR fans and Cowboys fans are almost on and the same) do not retire numbers. As rm6 pointed out rBroncos Vs 49ers SuperBowl XXIVtiring numbers has gotten out of hand look at the Celtics or even the Yankees. After Derrick Jeter's 2 and Joe Torre's '6 the Yanks will not have ANY single digits left to issue.

I do not blame Dale Earnhardt Jr for not wanting to drive the #3 on a regular bases. It is already hard enough to have a legendary father in sports and (ie Brian Greise) but to have the same name and legendary number. Those shoes are to big for anyone to fill as is. Why step deeper into that shadow?

On a side note NASCAR owns the #3 and all the numbers for that matter, how ever Richard Childress was first line and had the rights of first refusal on it.

Peanut
12-31-2013, 11:11 AM
I have been wondering what the results would have been without the Chase. The results below is with the changes from 2011. From Jayski:

◦UNOFFICIAL 2013 Sprint Cup Driver Championship Points Standings without Chase:
[after Homestead, race 36 of 36]
1) #48-Jimmie Johnson(X) [6 wins], 1248
2) #29-Kevin Harvick(X) [4 wins], 1207, -41
3) #20-Matt Kenseth(X) [7 wins], 1192, -56
4) #18-Kyle Busch(X) [4 wins], 1163, -85
5) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(X), 1144, -104
6) #99-Carl Edwards(X) [2 wins], 1118, -130
7) #15-Clint Bowyer(X), 1115, -133
8) #24-Jeff Gordon(X) [1 win], 1087, -161
9) #16-Greg Biffle(X) [1 win], 1077, -171
10) #22-Joey Logano(X) [1 win], 1071, -177
11) #78-Kurt Busch(X), 1071, -177
12) #2-Brad Keselowski [1 win], 1041, -207
13) #39-Ryan Newman(X)[1 win], 1027, -221
14) #5-Kasey Kahne(X) [2 wins], 1022, -226
15) #1-Jamie McMurray [1 win], 1007, -241
(X) = a Chase driver.
(11-17-2013)

Southstander
01-01-2014, 05:48 PM
I have been wondering what the results would have been without the Chase. The results below is with the changes from 2011. From Jayski:

◦UNOFFICIAL 2013 Sprint Cup Driver Championship Points Standings without Chase:
[after Homestead, race 36 of 36]
1) #48-Jimmie Johnson(X) [6 wins], 1248
2) #29-Kevin Harvick(X) [4 wins], 1207, -41
3) #20-Matt Kenseth(X) [7 wins], 1192, -56
4) #18-Kyle Busch(X) [4 wins], 1163, -85
5) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr.(X), 1144, -104
6) #99-Carl Edwards(X) [2 wins], 1118, -130
7) #15-Clint Bowyer(X), 1115, -133
8) #24-Jeff Gordon(X) [1 win], 1087, -161
9) #16-Greg Biffle(X) [1 win], 1077, -171
10) #22-Joey Logano(X) [1 win], 1071, -177
11) #78-Kurt Busch(X), 1071, -177
12) #2-Brad Keselowski [1 win], 1041, -207
13) #39-Ryan Newman(X)[1 win], 1027, -221
14) #5-Kasey Kahne(X) [2 wins], 1022, -226
15) #1-Jamie McMurray [1 win], 1007, -241
(X) = a Chase driver.
(11-17-2013)

Jimmie still would have won! :D

Peanut
01-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Thought this was interesting. I wonder why Tony would rather keep Zip as VP instead of bringing him back as CC? The good of all the teams as opposed to helping one team, even if that team is his own?

•Zipadelli offered to return as Stewart's crew chief: #14-Tony Stewart and Greg Zipadelli won 33 races and two NASCAR championships together over a successful decade together. They split after the 2008 season when Stewart left to become co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing. He's entering this season with his third crew chief in six years, evidence he's struggled to find the same chemistry he had with Zipadelli all those years. So Zipadelli told The Associated Press he offered last year to return to the pit box with Stewart - an idea the driver did not entertain. Zipadelli is currently the vice president of competition at SHR. He manages all four of SHR's Sprint Cup teams in that role, and says Stewart didn't want him to move. But he admits he misses the adrenaline of being a crew chief.(Associated Press)(1-11-2014)

roushmartin6
01-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Thought this was interesting. I wonder why Tony would rather keep Zip as VP instead of bringing him back as CC? The good of all the teams as opposed to helping one team, even if that team is his own?

•Zipadelli offered to return as Stewart's crew chief: #14-Tony Stewart and Greg Zipadelli won 33 races and two NASCAR championships together over a successful decade together. They split after the 2008 season when Stewart left to become co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing. He's entering this season with his third crew chief in six years, evidence he's struggled to find the same chemistry he had with Zipadelli all those years. So Zipadelli told The Associated Press he offered last year to return to the pit box with Stewart - an idea the driver did not entertain. Zipadelli is currently the vice president of competition at SHR. He manages all four of SHR's Sprint Cup teams in that role, and says Stewart didn't want him to move. But he admits he misses the adrenaline of being a crew chief.(Associated Press)(1-11-2014)

He must feel that Zippy is crucial in making sure the company as a whole performs the best they can, not just his team. I thought it was strange as well

ELWAY421
01-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Will Jr ever win a championship???? I was a Earnhardt Sr fan, I started following him when he drove the yellow & blue Wrangler car, I have his last win ever on VHS lol, it was at Talladega. Anyway I'm not a typical Jr fan, I only started rooting for him when the old man died at Daytona, I've always known Jr wasn't the driver Sr was, but I would like to see him get one title before he hangs it up. Do any of you think it will happen? Sadly I don't....

BroncosFanInPA
01-15-2014, 07:39 PM

That is just Tony being Tony, he may be one of the most unselfish person you could come across. Obviously he wants to make sure all of his teams will be as good as possible even if it means passing up on the oppurtunity to better the #14 team & that says it all when Zippy offers to return but tony says no.

I would love for that to occur because they had some great years together & for Zippy to want to come back onto the box with smoke tells me he misses doing that even though tony can be one difficult competitor on & off the track & probably gave Zip a ton of headaches over the years but the were good together & obviously tony misses him as well because he is going on his third different guy since Zippy but he will put others ahead of himself, it's who he is.

BroncosFanInPA
01-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Will Jr ever win a championship???? I was a Earnhardt Sr fan, I started following him when he drove the yellow & blue Wrangler car, I have his last win ever on VHS lol, it was at Talladega. Anyway I'm not a typical Jr fan, I only started rooting for him when the old man died at Daytona, I've always known Jr wasn't the driver Sr was, but I would like to see him get one title before he hangs it up. Do any of you think it will happen? Sadly I don't....

Honestly i'm not sure if Jr. will ever win a title but if i had to guess, i would say no just because he hasn't even really showed the ability to win races in some of the best possible equiptment.

In 6 years since he has been with Hendrick he has only 2 wins & they both came at the same track (michigan) so unless something changes with that & he starts winning races then i just can't imagine him ever being a real contender because it's all about winning.

I like Jr. & think he is one of the cooler dudes in the sport but i just don't know if he has it in him, maybe he needs another move, he just seems out of place at hendricks.

BroncosFanInPA
01-21-2014, 05:07 PM
WOW! Looks like a big change to the chase is coming & it may be for this upcoming 2014 season.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/10312699/nascar-planning-major-changes-points-system

Winning might just mean everything in the Sprint Cup Series going forward.

According to a report in the Charlotte Observer, NASCAR is planning an overhaul of its points system that makes it a virtual lock for drivers to reach the Chase for the Championship by posting a win during the season's first 26 races.

A change to the Chase playoff system will reportedly have a winner-take-all season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway where Jimmie Johnson secured his sixth career title this past November.
The newspaper, citing multiple sources briefed on the plan, reported that the Chase field would increase from 12 to 16 drivers under the restructuring.

If there were more than 16 winners during the "regular season," the 16 drivers with the most wins and highest point totals would qualify for the Chase. If there were less than 16 winners, the remaining spots would be comprised of the drivers with the most points.

The 10-race Chase playoffs then would feature a round of driver eliminations, according to the report. The proposal has the eliminations taking place after the third, sixth and ninth races of the Chase.

The four drivers with the lowest point totals after those respective races would be eliminated, leaving the Sprint Cup champion to be determined by a winner-take-all season finale between the final four remaining drivers at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

A statement from NASCAR chief communications officer Brett Jewkes was noncommittal on The Observer report.

"NASCAR has begun the process of briefing key industry stakeholders on potential concepts to evolve its NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship format," Jewkes said. "This dialogue is the final phase of a multi-year process that has included the review of extensive fan research, partner and industry feedback and other data-driven insights. NASCAR has no plans to comment further until the stakeholder discussions are complete. We hope to announce any potential changes for the 2014 season to our media and fans very soon."

Driver Denny Hamlin posted a series of tweets on Saturday afternoon that supported the format if NASCAR ultimately moves forward with the changes. NASCAR is expected to officially outline any changes later this month.

I'm not sure how i feel about this & need to think about it for a while. At first i saw 16 drivers in the chase & said no way that is too many but the idea of some kind of elimination is interesting.

I'm just not sure on this & need time to think it over. So what's everyone else's thought?

roushmartin6
01-21-2014, 10:15 PM
WOW! Looks like a big change to the chase is coming & it may be for this upcoming 2014 season.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/10312699/nascar-planning-major-changes-points-system

I'm not sure how i feel about this & need to think about it for a while. At first i saw 16 drivers in the chase & said no way that is too many but the idea of some kind of elimination is interesting.

I'm just not sure on this & need time to think it over. So what's everyone else's thought?

Brian France is the Goodell of Nascar. He is determined to ruin Nascar. Changing how the chase works every year has become a huge joke. Now basically half the field will make the chase. David Ragan would have made it last year under these new rules. Big Bill is rolling over in his grave right now and its a shame

Peanut
01-21-2014, 10:30 PM

I need to think about it, too. It might have possibilities.

FL BRONCO
01-22-2014, 08:04 AM
You know I know they want to keep Jimmy from winning it AGAIN. But this imo is ridiculous. This is not football or the nba. This is Auto Racing and should be dealt with as such. Certain teams are better at certain races along with the fact that crashes happen even when they are not your fault. It is suppose to be about the best overall driver/team throughout the year, not the best at the next 3 racetracks. IMO this just serves to advance drivers who maybe shouln't while it could actually remove drivers that should. It should be about the best overall driver that year, that should be proven and won in the long run. I believe this will support the direct opposite. It is a shame. He is the RG of racing. Just another example of people who don't actually compete in the sport making decisions for those that do and those that follow it and spend their hard earned money on it. :duh:

roushmartin6
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
What is really about this idea is you can't have a bad race or you will be eliminated. Talladega already messes with people's hopes ( I know from experience) but now you won't have a chance to rebound

Peanut
01-26-2014, 09:28 PM
I just saw this on Yahoo Sports. Next to the lead in is a picture of Tony. I thought, oh, no, not another bad accident for him. He wasn't even mentioned in the article. Talk about misrepresenting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/drivers-hospitalized-wreck-rolex-24-130000093--nascar.html

Prayers to Memo Gidley and Matteo Malucelli.

roushmartin6
01-28-2014, 12:59 AM
If you haven't heard Nascar changed qualifying (Yes again). There was nothing wrong with single file runs, I wish they would stop making changes already

BroncosFanInPA
01-28-2014, 03:48 PM
If you haven't heard Nascar changed qualifying (Yes again). There was nothing wrong with single file runs, I wish they would stop making changes already

I know it's getting crazy with constantly changing things, but yet they can't change up the schedule & that is what needs changed more than anything.

roushmartin6
01-29-2014, 12:46 AM
I know it's getting crazy with constantly changing things, but yet they can't change up the schedule & that is what needs changed more than anything.

Exactly! The schedule is kind of stale. Need to cut back on tracks having two dates and branch out more. A couple more roadcourses couldn't hurt, some more short tracks, and even a dirt track would be exciting!

roushmartin6
01-29-2014, 01:46 AM
And now they have changed the All Star Race! The Sprint Showdown has been moved to Friday night instead of the same night as the All Star Race. Its going to take some excitement away from All Star night in my opinion. All these changes have gotten out of hand. Whats next, taking the engines out and having pedal car races?

roushmartin6
01-30-2014, 01:04 PM
And now the new points system is official. I'm speechless

Southstander
02-05-2014, 05:14 PM
The Great American Race is on the horizon!:D

Peanut
02-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Tony's back!

•Stewart says his leg feels ok after first practice: #14-Tony Stewart, met with members of the media at Daytona International Speedway following the first practice session for Saturday's Sprint Unlimited. Stewart discussed how he felt in the car as he climbed behind the wheel for the first time following his accident last season, the transcript in part:
Q) HOW DID IT FEEL?
Stewart: "It felt good. The great thing is there is zero percentage of pain in the car. That was nice. We will see what it feels like at 9 o'clock tonight, but so far so good. That is better than I was hoping for, honestly. I thought we would have some kind of ache, pain of some kind that would bother us. It was like putting on an old pair of shoes again."
Q) IS IT A RELIEF OR ARE YOU JUST OVERJOYED?
Stewart: "Well a little of both. I think once we got the relief of knowing we weren't hurting anywhere then it was just joy of being back out there again. It didn't feel like I had been gone seven months when we started running. It was today though, every five minutes I was looking at the clock from 3 o'clock on going 'is it 4:30 yet' because I wanted to get dressed at 4:30 and come in. That is a long time to be staring at the clock for an hour and a half. That is small compared to the seven months."
Q) DID YOU HAVE ANY THERAPY TODAY OR ANY SPECIAL STRETCHES OR ANYTHING? OR IS IT JUST LIKE A NORMAL PRACTICE DAY?
Stewart: "Knowing you are my back-up guy (referring to an inside joke with reporter Bob Pockrass) I didn't do anything extra. I felt like my back-up guy is on par and ready to go. No, I didn't do anything today."
Q) HOW ABOUT GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE CAR?
Stewart: "Piece of cake. I didn't fall. I think that was what everybody was waiting for. If there was ever a time to not screw up it is getting in the car this time. About 400 cameras there so I didn't want to be the guy that fell out of the car and got on the cover of the paper for that."
(Team Chevy)(2-15-2014)

Freyaka
02-15-2014, 05:21 PM
And now the new points system is official. I'm speechless

I've got plenty to say about it. Like it will ruin the sport, it's stupid and I hate it for starters....

BroncosFanInPA
02-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Nice job Kenseth, way to knock half the field of a already small field out of an exhibition race.

What a loser! couldn't even wait for the race to be halfway over! i hope you have a miserable season!!

AZ Snake Fan
02-15-2014, 08:32 PM

Nice job Kenseth, way to knock half the field of a already small field out of an exhibition race.

What a loser! couldn't even wait for the race to be halfway over! i hope you have a miserable season!!

Looked to me like Brad K backed up on Kenseth a bit, might have helped start the chain reaction.

BroncosFanInPA
02-15-2014, 08:41 PM

Looked to me like Brad K backed up on Kenseth a bit, might have helped start the chain reaction.

Perhaps

i turned it off after that because what was the point in watching 8 or 9 guys run around for 30 or 40 laps?

Guess i was just disappointed being it was tony's return after all that time, only to be let down & especialy with him not being 100% healed up & getting crashed in his first race back.

AZ Snake Fan
02-15-2014, 08:45 PM

Q) HOW ABOUT GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE CAR?
Stewart: "Piece of cake. I didn't fall. I think that was what everybody was waiting for. If there was ever a time to not screw up it is getting in the car this time. About 400 cameras there so I didn't want to be the guy that fell out of the car and got on the cover of the paper for that."
(Team Chevy)(2-15-2014)

I was REALLY glad to see Tony climb out of that car by himself after that crash !

This race was somewhat surreal.

Johnson took himself out. That was funny. (Sorry Southie)

Danica said Ricky couldn't see over his hood. :rolleyes:
Wait until she sees the in-car replay of him looking down at the floorboard lol.

The high point for me was the caution for the pace car on fire. :confused:

Wild night.
Next week should be more of the same.

Peanut
02-15-2014, 11:14 PM

I was REALLY glad to see Tony climb out of that car by himself after that crash !

This race was somewhat surreal.

Johnson took himself out. That was funny. (Sorry Southie)

Danica said Ricky couldn't see over his hood. :rolleyes:
Wait until she sees the in-car replay of him looking down at the floorboard lol.

The high point for me was the caution for the pace car on fire. :confused:

Wild night.
Next week should be more of the same.

I missed it, so thanks for the recap. Maybe I can find a replay. We were watching the Olympics. Also, it takes me a bit to go from balls to wheels.

FL BRONCO
02-17-2014, 10:20 PM
I've got plenty to say about it. Like it will ruin the sport, it's stupid and I hate it for starters....

^^^^^^^ this

roushmartin6
02-18-2014, 12:59 AM

Agreed. This new points format just doesn't fit in with auto racing. The championship should be who performed the best the most consistently, not who didn't get eliminated by the big one at Dega

AZ Snake Fan
02-20-2014, 05:01 PM

Tonight's twin duels are about to begin.
They are supposed to determine the lineup for Sunday's race.
Does it really matter that much ?

After watching the Unlimited and then practice yesterday, how important is it to start up front ?
A small pack of cars can hook up and fly to the front at anytime.

The drivers don't quite understand the complete effect of the side aero with the higher spoiler.
We saw that dirty air working when Johnson spun out untouched, Keselowsky checked up on Kennseth and he wrecked half the pack, then I think it was Brad that checked up on Ambrose and that took Jr out. Jr was poed with Ambrose at the time but I don't think it was Ambrose's fault.

Seems like when a car goes to block it pushes air on the car behind. Side drafting is rad too. It'll be a while for some to figure out the new aero.

Now in the duels, most of the drivers didn't get the real time practice in the Unlimited, over half a dozen rookies out there, it's going to be nuts.
I dunno, I would team up with about 8 cars and just hang out in the back until the last 10 laps or so. Just far back enough to not go a lap down and be able to avoid the wrecks up front.

If we don't see more of the same like the Unlimited and practice yesterday, I'll be shocked.
I think the veteran drivers will hold back until the last laps.

Hang in there drivers for your 60 laps, try not to get stupid and hurt anyone.

Peanut
02-21-2014, 12:37 AM
Good points, AZ. It takes what? 3 laps to get to the front?

How does one run out of fuel? Was that extra second that important? Was there a malfunction (besides in Chad's head :D )? Nice of Jimmie to apologize, but it wasn't his fault.

You guys like the status box on the right? Is that something they plan to keep? I prefer the scrolling at the top, as long as it doesn't take up half the screen.

roushmartin6
02-21-2014, 02:14 AM
Good points, AZ. It takes what? 3 laps to get to the front?

How does one run out of fuel? Was that extra second that important? Was there a malfunction (besides in Chad's head :D )? Nice of Jimmie to apologize, but it wasn't his fault.

You guys like the status box on the right? Is that something they plan to keep? I prefer the scrolling at the top, as long as it doesn't take up half the screen.

I hate the new running order, its always in the way, they need to put it back on the top of the screen. Overall I thought the duels were good, the first was more exciting than the second one except the wreck at the end. Its weird watching without a driver to cheer for right now. Got to feel bad for the teams who have to load up and go home after tonight. Well on to the 500!

Peanut
02-21-2014, 12:49 PM
I hate the new running order, its always in the way, they need to put it back on the top of the screen. Overall I thought the duels were good, the first was more exciting than the second one except the wreck at the end. Its weird watching without a driver to cheer for right now. Got to feel bad for the teams who have to load up and go home after tonight. Well on to the 500!

I know. I went through that. You'll find a driver. Maybe someone who reminds you of Mark (not sure if there is one)? Maybe a driver that he endorses?

I have 3 now. Kyle, Kyle and Joey. :D

And what's with Tony's comments about Richard Petty?

AZ Snake Fan
02-22-2014, 06:42 PM

I know. I went through that. You'll find a driver. Maybe someone who reminds you of Mark (not sure if there is one)? Maybe a driver that he endorses?

I have 3 now. Kyle, Kyle and Joey. :D

And what's with Tony's comments about Richard Petty?

I've been through that also, multiple times since the early 60's.
I really like that Kyle Larson kid a lot.
Kyle Busch and Junior have really matured in the past few years.

I don't blame Tony for sticking up for his teammate, King or no King.
Tony is Tony and he has never been shy or afraid.

Danika did a real good job staying on Tony's tale at the beginning of the duel.

In the 500, I think Tony's team has the best chance to work together.
If Harvick and Kurt cooperate, those 4 cars could hook up and bring some others with them.
Tony almost did it on the bottom Thursday night.

It will take team work to win the 500.
I don't see the Gibbs or Hendrick team working together for very long because of the giant egos.
After hearing Petty's barb, I wouldn't mind seeing Danica get a checker. :D

I never was a Mo-Par guy anyway, even back in the day and no man is my king.

ELWAY421
02-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Nascar hasn't been the same for me since SR died. But I have to say, it is nice to see the 3 back on the track.... Maybe I can root for the Dillon kid.....

FL BRONCO
02-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Nascar hasn't been the same for me since SR died. But I have to say, it is nice to see the 3 back on the track.... Maybe I can root for the Dillon kid.....

I feel the opposite. I was just coming to post on it and saw yours. I think the 3 should be retired. It is the most famous number because of its Driver , arguably one of the best ever. He and Petty both have 7 champs. I'd say the same about Richards number but he controls it so okay for him. But to me that is Dales number and it should not be brought back at all other than in a retirement and honor type of mode. I am going to be a lil pissed every time I see it on the track. I will try not to hold that against the kid but can't say it won't be hard. As for Childress brining it back:brick: thats how I feel about that. But its just my:2cents:

FL BRONCO
02-22-2014, 11:04 PM
On a lighter note, I think its really cool Chase will be driving for Jr. This year. Excited to see it.

Peanut
02-22-2014, 11:53 PM

I've been through that also, multiple times since the early 60's.
I really like that Kyle Larson kid a lot.
Kyle Busch and Junior have really matured in the past few years.

I don't blame Tony for sticking up for his teammate, King or no King.
Tony is Tony and he has never been shy or afraid.

Danika did a real good job staying on Tony's tale at the beginning of the duel.

In the 500, I think Tony's team has the best chance to work together.
If Harvick and Kurt cooperate, those 4 cars could hook up and bring some others with them.
Tony almost did it on the bottom Thursday night.

It will take team work to win the 500.
I don't see the Gibbs or Hendrick team working together for very long because of the giant egos.
After hearing Petty's barb, I wouldn't mind seeing Danica get a checker. :D

I never was a Mo-Par guy anyway, even back in the day and no man is my king.

I don't blame him for sticking up for a team member. It was just what he said. I just read that Petty accepted the challenge to race Patrick.

What do you all think about the "pushing rule"? I think it's going to be hard to enforce fairly. Apparently, no one saw Hornaday in the Trucks last night.

The Trucks are on FS1. They moved the box back up to the top. But no intervals. At all, during the whole race. Couldn't tell how far back a truck was (time-wise), how many laps it was down or if a truck was out. I hope they don't do that on the regular FOX network.

BroncosFanInPA
02-23-2014, 12:59 PM
God i hate the rain! :mad:

What is the deal with the 500 & the wheather in recent years? I know it's florida & all but come on!! Can we just have a darn Daytona 500 with some nice conditions already? :rolleyes:

FL BRONCO
02-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Shame about Truex, front row and everything and then it all went bad early. Feel bad for those guys. Looked like they had a good car.

roushmartin6
02-23-2014, 03:59 PM
God i hate the rain! :mad:

What is the deal with the 500 & the wheather in recent years? I know it's florida & all but come on!! Can we just have a darn Daytona 500 with some nice conditions already? :rolleyes:

Yup, hate when this turns into an all day affair. I was playing PS3 on one tv while watching coverage on mute on the other lol

DenverBlood
02-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Way to go Jr!!!

Way overdue for winning Daytona again.

Freyaka
02-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Horrible point system aside, that might be the best 500 I've seen in ages! Other than the long awful rain delay!

Peanut
02-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Congrats to JR!

The 3 and 4 "caused" (in quotes because some would say it wasn't their fault :D ) 2 accidents each. Poor Larson. Not a good day for him. Did anyone think it funny (as in odd/ironic) that it was the 43 that hit the 10? She took a hard hit and I'm glad she's fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't jest.

roushmartin6
02-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Pretty good 500 overall, the rain was horrible though lol. Not looking forward to the media giving Jr the championship now that he has won the 500 though

ELWAY421
02-24-2014, 03:19 PM
As a Jr fan, I''m a happy camper... :D

Peanut
02-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Pretty good 500 overall, the rain was horrible though lol. Not looking forward to the media giving Jr the championship now that he has won the 500 though

They were doing that during the rain delay. :D Something about his CC's last year and making memorable. I don't think I would mind if he won.

BroncosFanInPA
02-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Congrats to JR!

The 3 and 4 "caused" (in quotes because some would say it wasn't their fault :D ) 2 accidents each. Poor Larson. Not a good day for him. Did anyone think it funny (as in odd/ironic) that it was the 43 that hit the 10? She took a hard hit and I'm glad she's fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't jest.

I'm not sure that Harvick caused the first accident, at first i thought he did but after they showed some replays it appeared as though the 36 car may have just ever so slightly got into kevin's quater panel which led to him wiggling a bit back into the 36 car & it was on from there.

Second one was certainly on him but it was the last lap & you just knew they would never make it back to the line without crashing, it never fails at daytona & talladega.

It was one long day & of course i was very disappointed that tony had problems, seems like he can't catch a break (no pun intended) since his return.

Overall it was a good race, i liked how biffle kept switching lanes to keep the lead & really thought he had a shot at the win, but i'm just glad that the 48 didn't win it again.

BroncosFanInPA
02-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Now onto this new points thing, i see alot of you do not care for it & i'm not saying i do either but i'm still not sure how i feel about it yet but with that being said, let's play devil's advocate for a moment...

Every other major sport has a championship game or series to end the season & it means whoever comes out the winner is champion but when you look at how nascar is set up, that is not always the case because of how the points were structured before.

For example, we go into the final race with driver A having such a huge lead over driver B that all he has to do is finish say 30th. Now it's not always that bad, we had the tie with tony & carl a few years ago & they were like 4 or 5 points apart to start that race & the drama was awesome, tony knew he could win it all but the only gurantee of that was to win the race which he did but for every year like that, there is probably 2 years of someone able to clinch a title without even finishing in the top 10.

Where is the drama in that? Do we not want that final race to mean something? For a winner take all scenario? Let's face it, you have to have your final race count & not just some guy going through the motions & cruising around.

I understand the consistency side of the argument & it should matter for something but not to the point of your finale being meaningless which hasn't quite happened but the possibility was there. For instance, what if somebody built up such a big points lead that he clinched after the 9th chase race & the final race was absolutely meaningless? That would be a very bad thing & not good for the sport because how could they promote that last race when your champion is already determined?

I think in time this new points system will grow on all of us & it will be like boy this isn't bad after all & creates alot of excitement.

There is however a couple things i don't care for & first one is 16 drivers being in, that is too many & dilutes the overall field & the second part i don't like is the fact that once the chase starts, there will be 4 drivers eliminated after 3 races but if you win one of the 3 races then you automaticly advance to the next 3.

I disagree with that because i thought it was to be the bottom 4 in points get the ax but not so if someone wins the first race & then tanks it the next 2 but he still moves on even if he is in the bottom 4 & that doesn't seem right to me. I understand they are trying to put a huge importance on winning but i just don't get that automatic advance part.

AZ Snake Fan
02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Congrats to JR!

Can you explain BFIPA's above post ? :confused: lol

I immediately saw the "connection" between the 43 and the 10 !!!

Congrats to Jr !

BroncosFanInPA
02-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Can you explain BFIPA's above post ? :confused: lol

I immediately saw the "connection" between the 43 and the 10 !!!

Congrats to Jr !

I guess it was a bit much & over the top? :heh:

I knew i was starting to ramble a bit but when i saw just how much the post was i was like whoa! :laugh:

Try not to fall asleep :yawn: going through it all. :salute:

Peanut
02-25-2014, 10:45 PM
I guess it was a bit much & over the top? :heh:

I knew i was starting to ramble a bit but when i saw just how much the post was i was like whoa! :laugh:

Try not to fall asleep :yawn: going through it all. :salute:

:laugh:

I read it all. I'm not liking the new points system. Maybe we'll like it better once we see it play out. I don't mind the 16 drivers in, since I'd rather have the old system back.

BroncosFanInPA
02-26-2014, 05:49 PM

I read it all. I'm not liking the new points system. Maybe we'll like it better once we see it play out. I don't mind the 16 drivers in, since I'd rather have the old system back.

I get what your saying, but i guess the point i was tying to make & i'll ask you this question...

As the points were before this season or even if they went back to the old system, would you have been ok if somebody had the championship clinched after the 9th chase race & there was still one race left?

Wouldn't that make the final race feel kinda empty when it should have a ton of buildup & excitement?

AZ Snake Fan
02-26-2014, 09:33 PM
I get what your saying, but i guess the point i was tying to make & i'll ask you this question...

As the points were before this season or even if they went back to the old system, would you have been ok if somebody had the championship clinched after the 9th chase race & there was still one race left?

Wouldn't that make the final race feel kinda empty when it should have a ton of buildup & excitement?

What if that somebody after that 9th race was Smoke ?
:D

btw, I was just kidding with Peanut about your post, you worked hard on it and did a good job.
It's not your fault the point system is convoluted, thank Mr. France. He'll tweak it again in 2015.

One thing I really like is that it looks like we've seen the last of bump drafting on restrictor tracks !!!

Peanut
02-26-2014, 11:07 PM

Yes. Consistency. A close points race makes it more exciting maybe, but I think it would be more fair.

btw, I was just kidding with Peanut about your post, you worked hard on it and did a good job.
It's not your fault the point system is convoluted, thank Mr. France. He'll tweak it again in 2015.

One thing I really like is that it looks like we've seen the last of bump drafting on restrictor tracks !!!

Yes!

I'm in a yes mood. :D

Too bad they won't transport all that water they vacuumed up Sunday to CA or another drought-stricken area. It wouldn't help the whole state, but it could help a small area. Who do I send my brilliant ideas to? :D

roushmartin6
02-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Yes. Consistency. A close points race makes it more exciting maybe, but I think it would be more fair.

Yes!

I'm in a yes mood. :D

Too bad they won't transport all that water they vacuumed up Sunday to CA or another drought-stricken area. It wouldn't help the whole state, but it could help a small area. Who do I send my brilliant ideas to? :D

I miss the old system too. Racing is about consistency, not winning a bunch of races and finishing in the low 30s in the other ones.

BroncosFanInPA
02-27-2014, 03:37 PM

Well obviously i would be happy he won a championship but to be honest, yes it would be wierd watching the last race & not seem right & i have an example...when tony won his 2nd back in 2005 he beat jimmie & the points were fairly close (don't recall exact amount) & the 48 was in all honesty the only other one contending even though biffle ended up 2nd in points, anyway back to my point...

Jimmie crashed about halfway through that race & it all but sealed it up for tony & while i was happy at first, the rest of the race felt empty or no meaning because it was over before it was over. I think it would have been more gradifying had he beat him without no issues, head to head.

I know that is all part of the deal, crashes, flat tires, engine failure etc. etc. but you want to say you beat the best the other guy had to offer.

Oh yeah, i knew you were just messing around about the other post but i do have a tendency to go on & on, kinda like i am now ha ha! :laugh:

AZ Snake Fan
02-27-2014, 10:35 PM

Great, now SoCal is raining and heading toward PIR.
Sprint practice and quals should get in tomorrow, mostly cloudy and high 70s.
Wet weather will get here Fri night and through Saturday.
Sunday the showers should pass through by mid-day, high 60s.

Peanut
02-27-2014, 11:28 PM

Great, now SoCal is raining and heading toward PIR.
Sprint practice and quals should get in tomorrow, mostly cloudy and high 70s.
Wet weather will get here Fri night and through Saturday.
Sunday the showers should pass through by mid-day, high 60s.

Is that how to break a drought? Have a NASCAR race?

Are you going?

AZ Snake Fan
03-02-2014, 02:57 AM

Are you going?

It had been 70 days since we've had a drop of rain.
I was surprised that the NW race got that many laps in. It was storming all around the area.
I think Kyle has won 7 here and Harvick has finished here in second about 7 times lol.
Good news is that most of the precip has move to the East of us.
The dryers should be on the track all morning and the Sprint cars will be good to go.

This storm is clobbering New Mexico right now, is headed East and moving fast.
By the time this moisture combines with other systems, the East coast will be impacted.
Peanut, you should be getting some icy rain or snow by Monday.

The Sprint quals were really stressful and rough on the cars and crews.
NASCAR needs to fix that quick, at least let them flush and cool down in the pit area.

Am I going ? You bet I am, I'm going where I can see it best !!!
I'm going to my sofa and watch it on TV lol. :D

BroncosFanInPA
03-02-2014, 10:28 AM
NASCAR needs to fix that quick, at least let them flush and cool down in the pit area.

That was strange watching that new qualifying format with an open track but what was really wierd was watching them cruise around real slow trying to cool the engines for another run.

Nascar's answer to that is going to be that the teams don't have to tape the grill opening shut which is entirely true. If you want to do that then sure your going to get a faster lap but it may be your only real shot because the motor is getting too hot.

Nobody told them they have to tape it up, but if you don't then you won't run as fast & that is the problem. Perhaps a solution to that would be for nascar to say no tape, just go out & run like your in practice & whoever is fast so be it. If this new format is here to stay then i think that is the only real answer.

Why would you want to risk overheating your motor anyway & possibily risk damage to your motor?

Peanut
03-02-2014, 11:33 AM

It had been 70 days since we've had a drop of rain.
I was surprised that the NW race got that many laps in. It was storming all around the area.
I think Kyle has won 7 here and Harvick has finished here in second about 7 times lol.
Good news is that most of the precip has move to the East of us.
The dryers should be on the track all morning and the Sprint cars will be good to go.

This storm is clobbering New Mexico right now, is headed East and moving fast.
By the time this moisture combines with other systems, the East coast will be impacted.
Peanut, you should be getting some icy rain or snow by Monday.

Fast moving storm. It's suppose to hit here late tonight/early Monday. Really hope there's no ice.

roushmartin6
03-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Well my brother is happy that Harvick won. I was shocked he didn't take a shot at Childress lol

ELWAY421
03-07-2014, 01:49 PM
I feel the opposite. I was just coming to post on it and saw yours. I think the 3 should be retired. It is the most famous number because of its Driver , arguably one of the best ever. He and Petty both have 7 champs. I'd say the same about Richards number but he controls it so okay for him. But to me that is Dales number and it should not be brought back at all other than in a retirement and honor type of mode. I am going to be a lil pissed every time I see it on the track. I will try not to hold that against the kid but can't say it won't be hard. As for Childress brining it back:brick: thats how I feel about that. But its just my:2cents:

If you retired the 3 then you would have to retire the 43 & so on. Pretty soon they'll run out of numbers.:D Don't get me wrong Earnhardt was & always will be my favorite driver, I started watching when he was in the yellow/blue wrangler #3 car. I just don't think Nascar should retire numbers...

AZ Snake Fan
03-09-2014, 10:30 AM

NASCAR wanted to give the fans more "excitement" with this new qual format.
We saw some real close calls with cars cooling at 20 mph on the apron Friday.
These cars are trying to cool down while several cars are tring to put down 195+ laps.
This is a very dangerous combo.
When NASCAR decided to use the knock out quals, I'm sure they didn't foresee these complications.
Phoenix was bad, Vegas worse; how will they do this on a track like Bristol next week ?

BroncosFanInPA
03-09-2014, 10:58 AM

These cars are trying to cool down while several cars are tring to put down 195+ laps.
When NASCAR decided to use the knock out quals, I'm sure they didn't foresee these complications.
Phoenix was bad, Vegas worse; how will they do this on a track like Bristol next week ?

Yeah i didn't get to see qualifying but saw some replays & there was some close calls for sure but it's because these teams are pushing the limits with the tape on the grill, taping it up was fine under the old format but not now.

Honestly AZ i actually think it will be better at bristol because that is only 15 second laps, it's on the bigger tracks that is the problem area because the lap takes longer & the speed is alot greater.

I think tracks like pocono & indy will really be an issue with overheating because they are 2.5 mile & take over 50 seconds to get around, perhaps michigan & california also being 2 mile tracks.

I just think if nascar says no tape on the grill for qualifying then it would fix this whole mess.

FL BRONCO
03-09-2014, 02:54 PM
If you retired the 3 then you would have to retire the 43 & so on. Pretty soon they'll run out of numbers.:D Don't get me wrong Earnhardt was & always will be my favorite driver, I started watching when he was in the yellow/blue wrangler #3 car. I just don't think Nascar should retire numbers...

Not arguing the 43 shouldn't be retired, but that is kinda up to Petty and since he controls it I'm okay with that. there is not reason they would have to run out of numbers, first off I am not saying you should start retiring every previous champions number, but when you seperate yourself as being one of the best ever with 7 of them, yep that deserves retirement and imo no one else should run that number. I think you earned it and it should always be associated with you and just you from that point forward. Secondly, even though I can't see running out of double digit numbers using that criteria for another couple 100 yrs., there are plenty of numbers that use 3 or more digits.

AZ Snake Fan
03-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Honestly AZ i actually think it will be better at bristol because that is only 15 second laps, it's on the bigger tracks that is the problem area because the lap takes longer & the speed is alot greater.

If the track is over 1 mile we go to the 3 stage shoot-out.
1 mile and under will be the 2 stage.

2 stage: 30 minutes to determine the top 43, top 24 fight for 10 minutes for pole to #24.
3 stage: 25 minutes for top 43, 10 minutes for top 24, top 12 fight for 5 minutes for pole to #12.

The cars that make early runs and get knocked out of the top 24 will try to get a better lap in.
The cars that are in jeopardy of missing out of the final 43 will be doing the same.
Same goes for the bubble cars in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Teams get big bucks just for making the race. No one is going to take off tape.
NASCAR won't tell them not to use tape either.

In order to run fast, the motors have to be at max op temp, Texas or Bristol.

I think we will see a lot of cars taking cooling down laps next week in Tennessee.
It's hard enough just to pit at Bristol.
Can you imagine 43 cars trying to get in hot laps all at the same time.
Hope that you are right and I'm wrong, we'll see. :D

And give me back my fast moving skinny ticker tape running order at the top of my screen !!!

ELWAY421
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Not arguing the 43 shouldn't be retired, but that is kinda up to Petty and since he controls it I'm okay with that. there is not reason they would have to run out of numbers, first off I am not saying you should start retiring every previous champions number, but when you seperate yourself as being one of the best ever with 7 of them, yep that deserves retirement and imo no one else should run that number. I think you earned it and it should always be associated with you and just you from that point forward. Secondly, even though I can't see running out of double digit numbers using that criteria for another couple 100 yrs., there are plenty of numbers that use 3 or more digits.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I'll just say Dale Sr was my driver, the only reason I root for Jr is because of Sr & I don't think the number or any numbers should be retired in Nascar...

ELWAY421
03-09-2014, 03:52 PM
On a lighter note that 88 looked stout yet again. :D I'm loving it.....

BroncosFanInPA
03-09-2014, 03:57 PM
33rd & 4 laps down :ugh: seriously? :sick: I got nothing...that has to be the worst performance of his entire nascar career & yet harvick is running for wins :confused:

He better seriously think about getting zippy back up on the pit box because this is atrocious! :mad:

Peanut
03-09-2014, 09:29 PM
33rd & 4 laps down :ugh: seriously? :sick: I got nothing...that has to be the worst performance of his entire nascar career & yet harvick is running for wins :confused:

He better seriously think about getting zippy back up on the pit box because this is atrocious! :mad:

Harvick did end up with engine trouble, but it is odd, isn't it? He was running good until then. Do you think it has anything to his recovery?

roushmartin6
03-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Harvick did end up with engine trouble, but it is odd, isn't it? He was running good until then. Do you think it has anything to his recovery?

Could be a combination of him getting back in the flow of these cars and Tony usually runs like crap at the beginning of the season (but usually not this bad). Also I'm interested to see if Junior can keep this momentum up, he hasn't run this good since he drove for his dad's team. The Penske Fords are fast as well and i'm shocked that the Gibbs cars aren't running better compared to last year.

Jaws
03-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Hello Nascarites :wave:

This offseason I've decided to dip my flippers in the Nascar pool to keep me entertained until football starts again.

I may be pestering you guys with a few silly questions, starting with this one:

Can you explain the Nationwide and Sprint Cup formats to me?
Is one more important than the other and is it the same drivers that go in both?

roushmartin6
03-10-2014, 12:39 AM

This offseason I've decided to dip my flippers in the Nascar pool to keep me entertained until football starts again.

Is one more important than the other and is it the same drivers that go in both?

Nascar Sprint Cup Series is the top division in Nascar, its the top dogs, the fastest cars, etc.

The Nationwide Series is the tier under the Sprint Cup. Its got your up and coming drivers and sadly recently a lot of Sprint Cup drivers in it. Nascar is taking steps to limit the amount of Sprint Cup guys in this series recently. Years ago guys like Mark Martin and Jeff Burton would only run a handfull of races, now you have guys like Kyle Busch and Brad Keslowski who runs just about every race, limiting the chances for new drivers. Recently Nascar has made them choose what series they can earn points in, and they all pick Sprint cup if they want to win the championship. There is talk of them straight limiting them to how many races they can run but nothing official yet.

The Truck series is Nascar's 3rd tier division but has some of the best racing. They run less races but they run at more road courses and even a dirt track now.There are a lot of up and coming teams and drivers in this series and definately a great series. You still have cup drivers racing in this but not nearly as bad as the Nationwide series.

Freyaka
03-10-2014, 05:16 AM
On a lighter note that 88 looked stout yet again. :D I'm loving it.....

Yea, kid needs a championship though. I'm sick to death of hearing about how he's "racing on his daddy's name" and wouldn't be in nascar if he wasn't an earnhardt....

Jaws
03-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Thanks Frey. That helps a lot :beer:

ELWAY421
03-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Yea, kid needs a championship though. I'm sick to death of hearing about how he's "racing on his daddy's name" and wouldn't be in nascar if he wasn't an earnhardt....

Yeah but you & I both know that's horse crap......

BroncosFanInPA
03-10-2014, 04:17 PM

It is definitely something to think about but i'm not really sure if that is the problem considering how he ran at phoenix.

There he finished 16th on the lead lap & actually ran much better than that & would have had a top 10 finish if not for the untimely caution late in the race that trapped him & several others a lap down & they had to take the wave around but he never recoverd from that. So it's hard to say that it's the injury.

Tony's comment after the race..."Something wasn't right" - WOW! He is a freaking genius

Peanut
03-10-2014, 08:44 PM

An article (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-must-address-dangers-qualifying-200459685--nascar.html) about quals. I hope NASCAR does the right thing.

If the track is over 1 mile we go to the 3 stage shoot-out.
1 mile and under will be the 2 stage.

2 stage: 30 minutes to determine the top 43, top 24 fight for 10 minutes for pole to #24.
3 stage: 25 minutes for top 43, 10 minutes for top 24, top 12 fight for 5 minutes for pole to #12.

The cars that make early runs and get knocked out of the top 24 will try to get a better lap in.
The cars that are in jeopardy of missing out of the final 43 will be doing the same.
Same goes for the bubble cars in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Teams get big bucks just for making the race. No one is going to take off tape.
NASCAR won't tell them not to use tape either.

In order to run fast, the motors have to be at max op temp, Texas or Bristol.

I think we will see a lot of cars taking cooling down laps next week in Tennessee.
It's hard enough just to pit at Bristol.
Can you imagine 43 cars trying to get in hot laps all at the same time.
Hope that you are right and I'm wrong, we'll see. :D

And give me back my fast moving skinny ticker tape running order at the top of my screen !!!

Agree!

Welcome, Jaws! Ask away. Someone will have an answer. :D

It is definitely something to think about but i'm not really sure if that is the problem considering how he ran at phoenix.

There he finished 16th on the lead lap & actually ran much better than that & would have had a top 10 finish if not for the untimely caution late in the race that trapped him & several others a lap down & they had to take the wave around but he never recoverd from that. So it's hard to say that it's the injury.

Tony's comment after the race..."Something wasn't right" - WOW! He is a freaking genius

:laugh: If you're frustrated, you know he is too. They'll find the answers.

Jaws
03-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Oops, it has been drawn to my attention thanks to the friendly CP system that I have thanked the wrong person.
So today I will get it right.
Thank you Roushmartin6 :D

And thanks Peanut and everyone who has offered to help me with my questions :beer:

Peanut
03-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Hopefully this works. At least they're listening.

•NASCAR to allow cooldown units during qualifying: NASCAR notified its teams this afternoon that effective immediately the following modifications apply to all elements of its national series qualifying including the breaks:
• One cool down unit connected through either the left side or right side hood flap/cowl flap is allowed to cool the engine
• The hood must continue to remain closed
• Plugging in the generator will not be allowed
• Two crew members will be allowed over the wall to support the car and driver
• No cool down laps will be permitted
NASCAR instituted a new group qualifying format for its three national series in January and has continued to evaluate the process through the first three races of the season. The new format has been well-received by fans, competitors, race tracks and other key stakeholders. NASCAR believes that the modifications announced today should help make the qualifying even better and more compelling.
"The qualifying is new to all of us and as we have said over the past several weeks, we are looking at it from all aspects," said Robin Pemberton, vice president of competition and racing development. "Following discussions, both internally and with others in the garage area, we moved quickly to make a few revisions that will be effective starting with our two national series events at Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend. We believe this will only enhance and improve what has demonstrated to be an exciting form of qualifying for our fans, competitors and others involved with the sport. Moving forward we will continue to look at it and address anything else that we may need to as the season unfolds."(NASCAR)(3-11-2014)

Jaws
03-13-2014, 12:06 AM
So this next race is in Bristol. That's just over the border from me ;)

Peanut
03-13-2014, 11:18 AM
So this next race is in Bristol. That's just over the border from me ;)

Are you going? You'd make the news:

Breaking news! Shark sighted roaming Bristol, muttering "Where's the cars? Where's the drivers? I'm hungry."

Jaws
03-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Are you going? You'd make the news:

Breaking news! Shark sighted roaming Bristol, muttering "Where's the cars? Where's the drivers? I'm hungry."

Might just do that.
I need a bit of publicity.
This Lydia is getting too much attention (http://www.theguardian.com/environment/shortcuts/2014/mar/11/great-white-shark-atlantic-lydia) ;)

AZ Snake Fan
03-16-2014, 03:21 AM

:rolleyes:

Glad to see Smoke in the top 5 !
Not worried about his leg after he made it through Bristol.

Congrats Carl !

roushmartin6
03-17-2014, 10:35 AM
The crowd was pathetic again. I remember when I went back in 2005, crammed to the max, now you can have a whole section to yourself! Was a pretty good race. Congrats to Carl

BroncosFanInPA
03-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Glad to see Smoke in the top 5 !
Not worried about his leg after he made it through Bristol.

Congrats Carl !

It was a really good day/night for tony & i was actually a bit surprised by how well he ran considering last week & then qualifying 37th for this race, so i expected another poor finish.

But apparently they had some sort of mechanical issue last week at vegas & that is why he ran so poorly. I never heard what it was but Zippy said it was human error on their part & it should have never happened & that alot of other drivers would have crashed that car.

So while that is disappointing, at the same time it makes things seem alot better knowing something was wrong with the car instead of just poor performance, next week at california will tell us alot about where the team is for sure.

On a side note...these 8-10 hour racedays are getting really old, so let's hope we are done with rain delays for a long time.

Peanut
03-17-2014, 10:38 PM
It was a really good day/night for tony & i was actually a bit surprised by how well he ran considering last week & then qualifying 37th for this race, so i expected another poor finish.

But apparently they had some sort of mechanical issue last week at vegas & that is why he ran so poorly. I never heard what it was but Zippy said it was human error on their part & it should have never happened & that alot of other drivers would have crashed that car.

So while that is disappointing, at the same time it makes things seem alot better knowing something was wrong with the car instead of just poor performance, next week at california will tell us alot about where the team is for sure.

On a side note...these 8-10 hour racedays are getting really old, so let's hope we are done with rain delays for a long time.

But CA really needs the rain.

Don't throw things at me! Rain before and after the race? Would that be okay?

Harvick blew up, didn't he? They do seem to have issues.

Edwards probably would have won anyway, but the last caution was because of human error?

BroncosFanInPA
03-19-2014, 04:32 PM
But CA really needs the rain.

Don't throw things at me! Rain before and after the race? Would that be okay?

Harvick blew up, didn't he? They do seem to have issues.

Edwards probably would have won anyway, but the last caution was because of human error?

That caution at the end was strange & yes it was an error by i think a track official but the race was over & outside of a crash, nothing was going to change in the running order.

So no harm no foul, but had the rain not come...now we have a real problem with another restart & thatmore than likely changes the outcome & speaking of the rain, i was brainstorming (scary thought ha ha!) but i have an idea that could help with the lengthy delays, so i will run it by you gang & see your thoughts...

Now while nothing can be done to stop the rain, what about the amount of time it takes to dry the track once the rain stops? Yes they have those new titan dryers which help some but still take forever so what if they could somehow build a retractable tarp into the base of the wall that once it started to rain it would roll out over & cover the track surface & thus save an enormous amount of time once the rain stops.

Also it could be over the track before the race starts if it's raining so once again when it stops raining the time it takes to get going is greatly reduced.

Is this a crazy idea? Has nascar ever looked into anything like this? Sure if it was possible it would cost alot of money but the time saved would far outweigh that i would think, you wouldn't have as many fans leaving.

Peanut
03-19-2014, 10:01 PM
That caution at the end was strange & yes it was an error by i think a track official but the race was over & outside of a crash, nothing was going to change in the running order.

So no harm no foul, but had the rain not come...now we have a real problem with another restart & thatmore than likely changes the outcome & speaking of the rain, i was brainstorming (scary thought ha ha!) but i have an idea that could help with the lengthy delays, so i will run it by you gang & see your thoughts...

Now while nothing can be done to stop the rain, what about the amount of time it takes to dry the track once the rain stops? Yes they have those new titan dryers which help some but still take forever so what if they could somehow build a retractable tarp into the base of the wall that once it started to rain it would roll out over & cover the track surface & thus save an enormous amount of time once the rain stops.

Also it could be over the track before the race starts if it's raining so once again when it stops raining the time it takes to get going is greatly reduced.

Is this a crazy idea? Has nascar ever looked into anything like this? Sure if it was possible it would cost alot of money but the time saved would far outweigh that i would think, you wouldn't have as many fans leaving.

Interesting idea. I like it but I don't know how feasible it is. Integrity of the wall? Start from the bottom instead? E-mail someone in NASCAR and see what they say. Make sure you get credit and $ for it.

My idea? A retractable dome. When it rains, close it up and use big fans.

No? You can't see a dome over Daytona?

Peanut
03-23-2014, 09:59 PM
No comments about this weekend? :D

I'm missing a Joey.

NW was a great race. That was fun.

Tony had another good finish today.

AZ Snake Fan
03-23-2014, 10:45 PM

No comments about this weekend? :D

I'm missing a Joey.

NW was a great race. That was fun.

Tony had another good finish today.

A Joey ? Isn't that a young kangaroo ? :confused: Speaking of young.........

Young Kyle doing an "old" Kyle burnout without the wheel after the NW checker was fun.

That track should be an embarrassment to NASCAR.
Especially looking at it in HD lol.
A lot of NASCAR tracks need to be upgraded.
It's not like NASCAR and the track owners don't have any money.

Peanut
03-23-2014, 11:27 PM

A Joey ? Isn't that a young kangaroo ? :confused: Speaking of young.........

Young Kyle doing an "old" Kyle burnout without the wheel after the NW checker was fun.

That track should be an embarrassment to NASCAR.
Especially looking at it in HD lol.
A lot of NASCAR tracks need to be upgraded.
It's not like NASCAR and the track owners don't have any money.

I liked Larson for awhile, but when I saw him do that in the Truck series, I decided he was my kind of driver. :D

Yeah, some tracks could use a little fixing.

McNabb doesn't think drivers are athletes. He stands by that opinion after a ride in the pace car. With someone else driving it. That really shows him what a driver goes through, right?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/donovan-mcnabb-gets-pace-car-155000047--nascar.html

roushmartin6
03-24-2014, 12:55 AM
The tire situation was crazy. I bet they do a tire test there next year lol. I was hoping Kyle Larson could pull it off but just came up a lap short. He is going to win at least one before the year is over

FL BRONCO
03-24-2014, 09:29 AM
It looked to me like Larson had position on the Apron then Bush cut him off and Larsen gave him a break by not wrecking him. I personally think he should've. Feel bad for Jeff, He had it and I thought for sure Bowyer would be able to drive with the flat. He saved it and looked like he was going straight then he wiggled a lil and then spun. I knew right then Jeff wasn't winning, he wasn't the best at restarts. It was definitely a fun race to watch.

Peanut
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM
The tire situation was crazy. I bet they do a tire test there next year lol. I was hoping Kyle Larson could pull it off but just came up a lap short. He is going to win at least one before the year is over

I thought the tire issue was because of cambor (camber?)? Kind of reminded me of that one Indy race, though. Every 20 laps or so, have to put new tires on.

It looked to me like Larson had position on the Apron then Bush cut him off and Larsen gave him a break by not wrecking him. I personally think he should've. Feel bad for Jeff, He had it and I thought for sure Bowyer would be able to drive with the flat. He saved it and looked like he was going straight then he wiggled a lil and then spun. I knew right then Jeff wasn't winning, he wasn't the best at restarts. It was definitely a fun race to watch.

Jeff, with all his experience, surprises me that he has trouble at restarts. Has it always been this way? Or has other drivers just gotten better? I thought maybe the gearing ratio had something to do with it, but they would have thought of that. Maybe he needs to take lessons from someone like Ron Hornaday.

roushmartin6
03-24-2014, 12:26 PM
I thought the tire issue was because of cambor (camber?)? Kind of reminded me of that one Indy race, though. Every 20 laps or so, have to put new tires on.

Jeff, with all his experience, surprises me that he has trouble at restarts. Has it always been this way? Or has other drivers just gotten better? I thought maybe the gearing ratio had something to do with it, but they would have thought of that. Maybe he needs to take lessons from someone like Ron Hornaday.

With that many cars having issues, its hard to believe it was just a camber problem but I could be wrong.

FL BRONCO
03-24-2014, 02:50 PM
With that many cars having issues, its hard to believe it was just a camber problem but I could be wrong.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2014/3/23/5541122/auto-club-400-tire-problems-nascar-goodyear-jimmie-johnson-dale-earnhardt-jeff-gordon

BroncosFanInPA
03-24-2014, 03:25 PM

I was going to post the same thing, that race at Indy about 5 years or so back was just awful because they didn't run more than about 8-10 laps & nascar was actually throwing the caution before a problem occured.

The problem there however was from them grinding grooves into the track & that just shredded the tires, yesterday at California the problem i think was mostly because of how bumpy the backstretch is, those cars were bouncing up & down & at those speeds around 200MPH, the tires just could not take the stress put on them.

They will definitely have to do something about it before the next trip there, if they can somehow just cut out some of the bumps instead of a repave, i think it would keep the racing good because everytime they repave a track it turns into one groove for the first couple races & i thought the racing yesterday was pretty good.

It was an exciting finish if only because it was a 2 lap run to the finish but it was fun to watch, i thought tony & kurt were gonna battle for it but the 2 tires got overtaken by 4 & that is another thing cool about older worn track surfaces, the fact you can't go without taking tires like alot of the other tracks with fresher asphalt where we see no tire stops alot & that is boring & leaves teams little options.

Even the drivers themselves will say how much more they like to race on old worn tracks as opposed to new pavement but as AZ said, it's not to say some tracks don't need paved but it's definitely cool to watch the racing on old surface.

roushmartin6
03-24-2014, 10:30 PM
I was going to post the same thing, that race at Indy about 5 years or so back was just awful because they didn't run more than about 8-10 laps & nascar was actually throwing the caution before a problem occured.

The problem there however was from them grinding grooves into the track & that just shredded the tires, yesterday at California the problem i think was mostly because of how bumpy the backstretch is, those cars were bouncing up & down & at those speeds around 200MPH, the tires just could not take the stress put on them.

They will definitely have to do something about it before the next trip there, if they can somehow just cut out some of the bumps instead of a repave, i think it would keep the racing good because everytime they repave a track it turns into one groove for the first couple races & i thought the racing yesterday was pretty good.

It was an exciting finish if only because it was a 2 lap run to the finish but it was fun to watch, i thought tony & kurt were gonna battle for it but the 2 tires got overtaken by 4 & that is another thing cool about older worn track surfaces, the fact you can't go without taking tires like alot of the other tracks with fresher asphalt where we see no tire stops alot & that is boring & leaves teams little options.

Even the drivers themselves will say how much more they like to race on old worn tracks as opposed to new pavement but as AZ said, it's not to say some tracks don't need paved but it's definitely cool to watch the racing on old surface.

Yea I really hope they don't repave California, the track is finally exciting. For the longest time it was single file, can't pass boring. Now cars were running all over the track and were able to pass.

Peanut
03-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Prayers to the family.

Lynda Petty, wife of 7-time NASCAR champ Richard, passes away (http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/25/lynda-petty-wife-of-7-time-nascar-champ-richard-passes-away/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)

FL BRONCO
03-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Prayers to the family.

Lynda Petty, wife of 7-time NASCAR champ Richard, passes away (http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/25/lynda-petty-wife-of-7-time-nascar-champ-richard-passes-away/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)

Yes prayers for the family, I'm sure it tore them up with Adam now this. They are definitely in our prayers

Peanut
03-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Yes prayers for the family, I'm sure it tore them up with Adam now this. They are definitely in our prayers

They were married for 55 years. I know Richard has a great support system, but he's going to feel her absence.

Peanut
03-29-2014, 10:47 PM
They were married for 55 years. I know Richard has a great support system, but he's going to feel her absence.

Nice that they're doing a "tribute" to Mrs. Petty this weekend.

Trucks were rained out.

Not my fault! I wanted rain last weekend.

FL BRONCO
03-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Well can't wait to see the interaction between Brad and Kurt after the Race:D

FL BRONCO
03-30-2014, 08:01 PM
I thought it would be Bush/Keslowski, but maybe Harvick/Johnson?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/blogs/Off-Track/kevin-harvick-jimmie-johnson-react-ufc-johny-hendricks-cowboy-cerrone.html

Very Interesting:D

roushmartin6
03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Pretty good race today. Glad to see Busch get around Johnson for the win. Really exciting race for sure. I bet Brad was super ticked when he found out Kurt won the race lol

Jaws
03-31-2014, 09:25 AM
I can live without live coverage of races but you would think they would show the highlights earlier than Tuesday night here!

BroncosFanInPA
03-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Some sad news to pass along related to Jimmie Johnson & his family...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/skydiving-instructor-dies-colliding-jumper-article-1.1740551

The brother-in-law of champion NASCAR stock car racer Jimmie Johnson died in a freak skydiving accident Sunday after he collided with another jumper in midair and then failed to deploy his parachute during freefall in eastern San Diego County, Calif., officials said.

Jordan Janway, 27, a veteran skydiving instructor and brother of Johnson’s wife, Chandra Janway Johnson, was training other employees of Skydive San Diego at the time and may have been knocked unconscious during a tandem maneuver that went horribly wrong.

Jimmie Johnson’s representatives released a statement on behalf of the six-time NASCAR champion and his stunned family.

“The Johnsons are saddened by the tragic passing of Chandra's brother, Jordan Janway,” a rep for Jimmie Johnson said in a statement shared with the Daily News. “Jordan was an incredible son, brother, uncle and friend and will be dearly missed. Please keep the Janway family in your thoughts and prayers. The family asks for privacy at this time.”

I was going to post some stuff about the race but once i saw this news, it didn't seem like an appropiate time as i felt saddened by the tragedy that has happened to that poor family.

Thoughts & prayers to Jimmie & of course his wife & all her family.

FL BRONCO
03-31-2014, 05:28 PM
Pretty good race today. Glad to see Busch get around Johnson for the win. Really exciting race for sure. I bet Brad was super ticked when he found out Kurt won the race lol

Yeah I'll bet he was, but imo, if he is mad at anyone he should be mad at himself. I personally think that one was Keslowskis fault. First he hit Kane then he turned left into Bush. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when he saw him win.

FL BRONCO
03-31-2014, 05:31 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/skydiving-instructor-dies-colliding-jumper-article-1.1740551

I was going to post some stuff about the race but once i saw this news, it didn't seem like an appropiate time as i felt saddened by the tragedy that has happened to that poor family.

OMG, that is terrible. I feel really bad for the family. We will pray for them. A very hard couple weeks for Nacar.

roushmartin6
04-03-2014, 12:34 AM

Wow prayers for their family. I have never flown, and have no desire to do so, let alone jump out of a plane. At least he died doing what he loved to do

Jaws
04-03-2014, 12:37 AM
I've had Nascar for breakfast these past couple of days, highlights yesterday and Nascar Now today. It's proving to be good fuel and I work well afterwards!
Must say, I really enjoyed watching Martinsville.

AZ Snake Fan
04-04-2014, 08:10 PM
I've had Nascar for breakfast these past couple of days, highlights yesterday and Nascar Now today. It's proving to be good fuel and I work well afterwards!
Must say, I really enjoyed watching Martinsville.

Good for you Jawsie. :)
Martinsville is a paperclip, Texas is next and BIG !!! :D

Congrats Chase, you did a great job winning the NW !!!
:thumb:

Peanut
04-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Good for you Jawsie. :)
Martinsville is a paperclip, Texas is next and BIG !!! :D

Congrats Chase, you did a great job winning the NW !!!
:thumb:

Chase did great!

I was wondering if Harvick was going to complain about these "rich, privileged kids" again. :D

FL BRONCO
04-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Chase did great!

I was wondering if Harvick was going to complain about these "rich, privileged kids" again. :D

Yep, good for the kid and I hope he wins more than Harvick this year. I definitely think he's got one coming. Other than Jr. Winning it all, nothing would make me happier than seeing the kid make the chase and Harvick not.too bad Harvick already won

Jaws
04-06-2014, 05:39 AM
U.K schedulers must have listened to my rant and I get my highlights early Monday morning instead of having to wait 48 hours.

BroncosFanInPA
04-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Smoke on the pole which does not happen very often, but when he does qualify that strong then he usually is a serious threat for the win.

So i look for the #14 to be up front all day & maybe get his first win of the season & the third for the organization, which seems to be on a roll.

Could we have our 7th different winner in 7 races? How long can it continue? Let's just hope the tires hold up this time because texas is super fast & if the teams don't follow the tire pressure recommendations then there could be big problems.

Enjoy the race all, should be a good one.

roushmartin6
04-06-2014, 04:57 PM
*Sigh* Another rain delay........

AZ Snake Fan
04-06-2014, 06:40 PM

*Sigh* Another rain delay........

Delayed until Monday 12 noon eastern :sad:
I have to work and I'll miss it unless it rains some more tomorrow.
Good chance of rain Monday.

Could we have our 7th different winner in 7 races? How long can it continue?
Congrats to Smoke for getting the pole.
Could we have 7 different Sprint Cup races rain delayed ? How long could it continue ?
PEANUT !!! :cheeky:

BroncosFanInPA
04-06-2014, 07:19 PM

Could we have 7 different Sprint Cup races rain delayed ? How long could it continue ?

I too have to work & will miss out :mad: unless it gets delayed for a few hours!

Yes this is really starting to get old with all these rain delays. :rolleyes:

Jaws
04-06-2014, 11:01 PM
All these rain delays...is this Wimbledon?

Join me for a pimms and strawberries and cream while we wait! ;)

Peanut
04-06-2014, 11:14 PM

What?

All these rain delays...is this Wimbledon?

Join me for a pimms and strawberries and cream while we wait! ;)

Sounds good.

Jaws
04-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Happy with that result and I had him in my 1st ever Nascar fantasy line up :D

BroncosFanInPA
04-07-2014, 04:53 PM
So we now have 7 winners in 7 races & things are getting crazy. Is it possible there could be more than 16 winners come chase time? Hard to imagine but the way this year is going, i wouldn't count it out from happening & that would leave somebody out.

And i'm predicting at least one or more big names not making into the chase, consider this list of those yet to win...1.Johnson 2.Gordon 3.Stewart 4.Kahne 5.Kenseth 6.Hamlin 7.Biffe 8.Bowyer 9.Newman & those are just some of the proven winners over the years.

There is also guys like Truex, McMurray, Menard, Ambrose & Vickers & don't forget about Kyle Larson. Any one of these guys could pull off a win, so i just gave around 14 or 15 potential winners on top of the 7 already with wins & that could mean one win doesn't gurantee anything like some have said.

Heck the top 2 in points haven't won & could find themselves out of the chase if they don't pick up a win which would raise some eyebrows for sure & then on the flip side at the moment is Harvick & Kurt Busch...

If they don't seriously start picking it up, they won't even be in the top 16 if there are more than that many winners. Right now Harvick is 49 points from 16th, that is more than one full race of points & i just don't see him making that many points up unless he starts reeling off a bunch of top 5 & 10 finishes, so he may need a 2nd win to make it in.

This is shaping up to be a crazy run to the chase even though it's still early but you better get a win because consistency is not going to get you in if things continue like they have started. It's hard to believe with 16 chasers that a big time name could be left out but i have a feeling it's going to happen, the question is who?

Peanut
04-07-2014, 10:16 PM
I think you're right in that some big name is going to miss the Chase. I know who I would like it to be. :D

Happy with that result and I had him in my 1st ever Nascar fantasy line up :D

I've played Fantasy for many years and this year, I forgot to join.

I was happy for Joey. A lot of people think he's over-rated. I think he still has a lot of potential.

Jaws
04-08-2014, 11:29 PM
I think you're right in that some big name is going to miss the Chase. I know who I would like it to be. :D

I've played Fantasy for many years and this year, I forgot to join.

I was happy for Joey. A lot of people think he's over-rated. I think he still has a lot of potential.

I had beginners luck. Top scorer for the week!!

Peanut
04-08-2014, 11:34 PM

Congrats! Keep it going!

roushmartin6
04-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Was a pretty good race, glad the rain stayed away the whole time. That Jr crash was crazy though!

AZ Snake Fan
04-09-2014, 06:55 PM

That's funny Peanut, a little bit naughty but funny ! :D

Congrats Jawsie !!!

Was a pretty good race, glad the rain stayed away the whole time. That Jr crash was crazy though!

I had to work and missed the race Monday. All I saw was a quick replay of Jr's crash on ESPN.
Looks like he got down low a little bit too much ?

So we now have 7 winners in 7 races....

And i'm predicting at least one or more big names not making into the chase, consider this list of those yet to win...1.Johnson 2.Gordon 3.Stewart 4.Kahne 5.Kenseth 6.Hamlin 7.Biffe 8.Bowyer 9.Newman & those are just some of the proven winners over the years......the question is who?

Let's make it 8 out of 8 but Peanut, please no rain, please ? :D

BFIPA, no worries about Tony.
Smoke is famous for having a strong second half.
And that's the time to be strong in the Chase !!! :D

Oh, congrats Joey !!!

Jaws
04-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Yah, AZ, Earnhardt Jr drove too low and with the grass being soft from the rain that caused havoc. That fire was crazy!

One other plus point for Nascar, it's teaching me U.S geography. Just about every week I have to look up place names to find out where the races are held!

Jaws
04-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Yah, AZ, Jr drove too low and with the grass being soft from the rain that caused him to lose control and led to some fiery havoc!

One other plus point for Nascar, it's teaching me U.S geography. Just about every week I have to look up place names to find out where the races are held!

AZ Snake Fan
04-10-2014, 08:14 PM

Every track is unique in it's own way Jawsie.
Start looking up "Darlington" :D

Teams push 217-plus mph at Michigan test
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/4/9/nascar-sprint-cup-series-michigan-international-speedway-goodyear-tire-test.html

ELWAY421
04-11-2014, 03:35 AM

Every track is unique in it's own way Jawsie.
Start looking up "Darlington" :D

Teams push 217-plus mph at Michigan test
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/4/9/nascar-sprint-cup-series-michigan-international-speedway-goodyear-tire-test.html

North Wilkesboro, you remember when they raced there?????

Jaws
04-11-2014, 09:00 AM
https://twitter.com/SamanthaBusch/status/454632072800243712

Cute :D

AZ Snake Fan
04-11-2014, 10:01 AM

You talking to me ? lol

I remember it well. That track was part of the beginning of NASCAR.
There has been a movement to try to get NASCAR back at the track.
There is a "Save The Track" foundation and Benny Parson's widow has been involved.
Also Junior Johnson and friends. It would be nice to see that place come alive again.
Kevin Harvick tested there in 2010:
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/columns/story?id=5512004

Here's a recent article by Joeseph Shelton on Bleacher Report:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1910606-should-nascar-bring-back-north-wilkesboro

I remember when all the cars used to drive to Daytona from NC and everywhere else.
They would stop at Smoky Yunick's garage in Daytona and get a tune up.
They would race on Ormond Beach, chrome bumpers and all.
Then they would all party at Mac's World Famous Bar on the beach.
Good ol' days ! :D

roushmartin6
04-11-2014, 12:17 PM

That track was awesome, uphill and downhill at a short track, just plain awesome. It reopened for a brief period a few years ago but its closed again, sad really. It was so much better than the cookie cutter tracks

AZ Snake Fan
04-11-2014, 07:08 PM

Congrats to Chase !!!
Amazing !
You did well also Larson !
Love it when you kids put it to the Sprint Cup vets in the NWS race !!!

Peanut
04-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Congrats to Chase !!!
Amazing !

Congrats, Chase!

These guys are making Kyle Busch look like the old guy. :D

BroncosFanInPA
04-12-2014, 05:12 AM

Congrats to Chase !!!
Amazing !

Congrats, Chase!

These guys are making Kyle Busch look like the old guy. :D

The kid is doing a heck of a job & it appears like he could be a star in the making.

Question is...will they rush him into cup or give him some time? The way he is racing, he may very well be ready but i would wait til next season.

ELWAY421
04-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Damn if Clint didn't wreck Kurt the 88 would have had win # 2.... I knew the 4 would get him at the end.... Damnit .........

roushmartin6
04-16-2014, 12:27 AM
Harvick is making the switch to Stewart Haas look like a great decision. I think they have been experimenting with some stuff since they won Phoenix, hence all the blown motors but its paying off

AZ Snake Fan
04-16-2014, 06:51 PM

Damn if Clint didn't wreck Kurt the 88 would have had win # 2.... I knew the 4 would get him at the end.... Damnit .........

That 4 car was badder than anything else on that track that day !

Richmond: Kurt will give Clint a good one I bet !!!

ELWAY421
04-16-2014, 09:56 PM

That 4 car was badder than anything else on that track that day !

Richmond: Kurt will give Clint a good one I bet !!!

He had the car no doubt. Jr should have pulled a Sr and dumped him lol....

roushmartin6
04-26-2014, 01:28 AM
NASCAR not planning additional SAFER barriers: NASCAR has undergone significant format modifications this season in an attempt to bolster its reach, but additional major changes are unlikely. "More tweaks, if any at all are made, they'd be minor because we believe the current format we have is built to stand a long time," NASCAR chairman Brian France said Friday at a conference with sports editors.
France suggested that the changes to the championship structure has altered the way drivers race, forcing them to increase "taking risks" and being more aggressive in the pursuit of victories, as opposed to securing points. When weighing safety, however, France didn't indicate that more changes would be likely, despite several calls from drivers to install SAFER barriers that help absorb crash impacts to any parts of racetrack walls that have concrete. "We're going to put SAFER walls wherever it's necessary," France said. "There are parts of the track that we may determine aren't necessary for those walls. When and if we think they are, we'll obviously make sure that happens. We do add SAFER walls to the inside areas depending on if it's necessary. We'll do it wherever it's appropriate. Period. We already have. We've been clear about that. We don't think it's necessary, as an example, to do it on pit lane, because they're not running fast enough and it wouldn't make any sense to do that, so wherever it's appropriate, we'll do it."
Since each race track is different, there are challenges to installing SAFER walls in all places where cars are exposed to concrete. According to France, several factors determine whether or not the barriers are necessary.(USA Today)(4-26-2014)

This kind of ticks me off. They won't need them till they need them, then it might be too late. I might be a bit biased because its my home track but Iowa speedway did it right, the whole track has safer barriers.

Peanut
04-26-2014, 10:42 PM
We've seen cars hit the inside walls where they didn't think cars would hit. This is a situation where I think they should listen to the drivers.

Congrats to Joey! :D

Good race. I'm pulling for Gordon to win a race. He's been close.

Oh, and did anyone notice who said he was a Broncos fan? :D

I knew JR was a Skins fan. Nice to have RG3 there.

Jaws
04-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Congrats Joey :D

FL BRONCO
04-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Brads a buthead imo. What did he expect him to do? They were racing for the win, he didn't do anything wrong and whats more Brad wouldve done the same thing. You guys see the Aussie incident, didn't know he had it in him. Looked like Mears earned it imo. Was interesting, we will see what nascar has to say about that one later in the week and we will see if their is any lingering reactions to either situation next week. Should be interesting. Just another week in Nascar.:D

BroncosFanInPA
04-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Brads a buthead imo. What did he expect him to do? They were racing for the win, he didn't do anything wrong and whats more Brad wouldve done the same thing. You guys see the Aussie incident, didn't know he had it in him. Looked like Mears earned it imo. Was interesting, we will see what nascar has to say about that one later in the week and we will see if their is any lingering reactions to either situation next week. Should be interesting. Just another week in Nascar.:D

I agree, i have no problem with how the finish played out, in fact i thought it was awesome & i think keselowski is a big baby & i don't care for him very much, seems like he thinks he owns the track or something & is always getting into it with somebody.

Race was just ok until the end, in fact it was a big disappointment that the tires failed yet again & couldn't last more than 50-55 laps. How many times has it been this year 3 or 4? maybe more? Goodyear is not cutting it & perhaps it's time for nascar to look elsewhere.

Yeah that post race with mears & ambrose, that was good stuff & i was laughing my rear off but indeed mears asked for it by shoving marcose to start.

Now for the painful part for me, i have some things to say about tony & his pathetic performance but perhaps i will put it in a new post because i may rant for a while...:mad:

BroncosFanInPA
04-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Ok so where shall i start? how about 25th -1 lap & if not for the tire problems & cautions falling, probably would have been like -5 laps maybe like a 30th & just no improvement from the start of the race all the way to the end. How do you not make a single improvement? not even for 3 or 4 spots! just like 2 weeks ago at darlington even though he finished 9th...

For the better part of 3/4 of darlington & that is being generous because it was more like all but about the last 20-25 laps he rode around outside the top 20 & at one point was 2 laps down but got lucky with the cautions falling just right & also misfortune of others that allowed him to move up to a spot he absolutely didn't deserve, he basicly pulled one out of...well you know & that really is a similar story with the other top 10's he has got.

Really he hasn't "raced" his way into the top 10 all year but rather through strategy & cautions & problem for others that got him his 4 top 10's, he hasn't been running in the top 10 but for maybe one race at texas & that is where he started on pole & lead for a bit but then barely hung on for a 10th so he went backwards which is happening every week, he just cannot pass anybody anymore & it's sad to watch.

So what is the problem? i have a few theories i will throw out...

1. The leg injury is still a big factor & he just cannot muscle the car around like he could if he was healthy but i know he would never admit to it or use it as an excuse.

2. The crew chief is the problem & is not giving him what he needs & cannot make the right adjusments to fix the car, however this is his 3rd different CC since Zippy so i can't imagine it's all on those guys, maybe some but not for that many of them. So that leaves me to tha last one & what i think may really be going on...

3. The additon of a 4th team & all the aspects of him being owner & worrying about the whole group is taking his focus away from his own team & car thus causing the poor performance because he has too much on his plate & i believe he would rather get the other cars right & struggle himself as opposed to worrying about himself, it's just how tony is but something has got to change & it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Yes i know tony is a second half driver but there is major problems with the performance of the #14 & it's not going to just go away or fix itself & i don't see any improvement until something is done.

redneckrocker
04-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Nice right hook Ambrose!! Channeling his inner Allison!

AZ Snake Fan
04-29-2014, 09:29 AM

I knew there would be tire issues for the Sprint race after that NWS race.
Can't believe they didn't extinguish Clint's fire while he was in the pit. :confused:
Bet Kurt got a grin out of that one.

We've seen cars hit the inside walls where they didn't think cars would hit. This is a situation where I think they should listen to the drivers.

Congrats to Joey! :D

Good race. I'm pulling for Gordon to win a race. He's been close.

Oh, and did anyone notice who said he was a Broncos fan? :D

I knew JR was a Skins fan. Nice to have RG3 there.

I was surprised that Jr was taller than RG III. :eek:
I noticed who said he was a Bronco fan... It was Kyle Busch !!!

Congrats Joey :D

Talladega is next Jawsie !
This will be the first time the Sprint cars will have run there with this new set-up.
Can't wait to see the effect of those taller spoilers have on the Superspeedway !!!

Jaws
04-29-2014, 12:15 PM
*Googles Talladega* :D

Peanut
04-29-2014, 01:10 PM
*Googles Talladega* :D

:eek:

Not sure if you can share what you found. 'Dega has a certain rep.

Thors Hammer
04-29-2014, 03:14 PM
:eek:

Not sure if you can share what you found. 'Dega has a certain rep.

Talledaga, the Las Vegas of NASCAR. What goes on in the infield stays in the infield. People have said that the party there puts Mardi Gras to shame.

Jaws
04-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Good thing I googled Talladega Nascar then and not just Talladega, otherwise this poor and innocent sharkie would have been shocked! :D

AZ Snake Fan
04-30-2014, 11:29 AM

Good thing I googled Talladega Nascar then and not just Talladega, otherwise this poor and innocent sharkie would have been shocked! :D

Talladega is a nice little town, about 15,000 residents.
When Nascar comes to town twice a year, that number swells to hundreds of thousands.
I think that you will enjoy this upcoming race on the biggest and fastest super-speedway in the world.

Jaws
04-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Awesome.
Can't wait!

Peanut
04-30-2014, 02:58 PM

Talladega is a nice little town, about 15,000 residents.
When Nascar comes to town twice a year, that number swells to hundreds of thousands.
I think that you will enjoy this upcoming race on the biggest and fastest super-speedway in the world.

Awesome.
Can't wait!

Alabama has been hit hard with tornadoes. I haven't heard anything about the race being cancelled.

I was going to post part of an article, but the link isn't working.

Ambrose has been fined $25,000 for hitting Mears. Mears got fined $15,000 for being hit by Ambrose.

Okay, so that was a Peanut interpretation. :D NASCAR said "For actions detrimental to racing and so on..."

BroncosFanInPA
04-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Ok all you guys & gals talking about Talladega got me pumped up for what should be another restrictor plate thriller...after they ride single file around the top for half the race of course ha ha! :yawn:

Also got me thinking of how i would love to be there just once to experience it all because as we all have hear it is a party. :beer: :rockon:

And also made me wonder what races or tracks have we all been to?

For me, i have been to...Pocono, Martinsville, Bristol, Vegas & Richmond 3 times but it's been at least 5 years or more since the last race because unfortunately times have been tough in recent years as i'm sure is the case more many folks & we just can't afford it anymore. :(

AZ Snake Fan
04-30-2014, 07:43 PM

Peanut, you are right. Prayers for all those impacted by that wave of tornadoes.
Hope Dega will be spared.
I did see the fines on Ambrose and Mears the other day but didn't post it.
I've seen so many fists flying in NASCAR over the years, at least it's not like hockey eh ? lol.
What's a few thousand dollars from millionaires lol. Hope the penalties go to charity.

Jawsie, Talladega and Daytona are considered Superspeedways.
These tracks are so fast that NASCAR enforces restrictors on the fuel and air intake of the Sprint cars.
That is why BFIPA referred to Talladega as a "restrictor plate" race. Stock cars were hitting speeds over 200 mph in the 80's so NASCAR implemented the restrictor plate rule for safety. Theoretically, this makes all the cars somewhat equal and the "W" is usually determined by a combination of driver skill, best performance in the pits, best strategy and adjustments by the crew chief. (And luck helps to stay out of the "Big One")

BFIPA, I've been to Daytona so many times I can't remember. Used to do the whole nine yards for Speedweek every February and July ! RV packed with buddies and kegs, infield parking, pit passes, go into Daytona every night. That was a long time ago lol. They raced stock cars with chrome bumpers lol.
After Bill France built Dega, I went there once. Went to Martinsville and Bristol once. Been to Phoenix and Vegas quite a few times. Would like to go to Darlington, Charlotte, Michigan, Indy, Texas and Dover one day. I might hit the lottery, who knows ?
All those road races where the drivers have to make right turns like Watkins Glen and Sonoma, meh, not so much lol ! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My favorite part of NASCAR is they are not afraid to televise Prayers and the National Anthem. NASCAR respects and honors our Military. NASCAR's Foundation supports non-profit charities and charitable causes that help children. In addition almost all the drivers are heavily involved in important charity work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juan Pablo is back !

Juan Pablo Montoya picks up two Sprint Cup races

Juan Pablo Montoya will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2014 for two races with Team Penske, the team announced Wednesday.

The 38-year-old Colombian will drive the No. 12 Ford Fusion in the June 15 race at Michigan International Speedway, and again July 27 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Greg Erwin will serve as crew chief, and SKF will sponsor the No. 12 car at Michigan.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/juan-pablo-montoya-picks-two-125300095--nascar.html

Peanut
04-30-2014, 11:50 PM
AZ, I agree. That's my favorite part, too.

I've been to Dover many times. Richmond once. Pocono a couple of times.

I've also been to Sears Point. No race. Just wanted to be there. They did have some people learning how to drive race cars.

Jaws
05-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Peanut, you are right. Prayers for all those impacted by that wave of tornadoes.
Hope Dega will be spared.
I did see the fines on Ambrose and Mears the other day but didn't post it.
I've seen so many fists flying in NASCAR over the years, at least it's not like hockey eh ? lol.
What's a few thousand dollars from millionaires lol. Hope the penalties go to charity.

Jawsie, Talladega and Daytona are considered Superspeedways.
These tracks are so fast that NASCAR enforces restrictors on the fuel and air intake of the Sprint cars.
That is why BFIPA referred to Talladega as a "restrictor plate" race. Stock cars were hitting speeds over 200 mph in the 80's so NASCAR implemented the restrictor plate rule for safety. Theoretically, this makes all the cars somewhat equal and the "W" is usually determined by a combination of driver skill, best performance in the pits, best strategy and adjustments by the crew chief. (And luck helps to stay out of the "Big One")

BFIPA, I've been to Daytona so many times I can't remember. Used to do the whole nine yards for Speedweek every February and July ! RV packed with buddies and kegs, infield parking, pit passes, go into Daytona every night. That was a long time ago lol. They raced stock cars with chrome bumpers lol.
After Bill France built Dega, I went there once. Went to Martinsville and Bristol once. Been to Phoenix and Vegas quite a few times. Would like to go to Darlington, Charlotte, Michigan, Indy, Texas and Dover one day. I might hit the lottery, who knows ?
All those road races where the drivers have to make right turns like Watkins Glen and Sonoma, meh, not so much lol ! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My favorite part of NASCAR is they are not afraid to televise Prayers and the National Anthem. NASCAR respects and honors our Military. NASCAR's Foundation supports non-profit charities and charitable causes that help children. In addition almost all the drivers are heavily involved in important charity work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juan Pablo is back !

Juan Pablo Montoya picks up two Sprint Cup races

Juan Pablo Montoya will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2014 for two races with Team Penske, the team announced Wednesday.

The 38-year-old Colombian will drive the No. 12 Ford Fusion in the June 15 race at Michigan International Speedway, and again July 27 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Greg Erwin will serve as crew chief, and SKF will sponsor the No. 12 car at Michigan.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/juan-pablo-montoya-picks-two-125300095--nascar.html

You must be a mindreader AZ :beer:
My next move was to google "restrictor plate", but you saved me the effort :D
I caught a glimpse of some previous races on Nascar Now this morning. Looks ever so exciting!

ELWAY421
05-04-2014, 12:34 AM
JR is starting 31st??? How long til he gets to the front???

Jaws
05-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Woot. I don't have to wait long to see my highlights of this race. On at 8.30 a.m tomorrow morning!

BroncosFanInPA
05-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Well peeps it's almost time, so buckle up & pull those belts tight because the thrill ride is about to begin & although this race is always crazy anyway, i predict it will be wilder than ever before due to this points setup.

The big one is lurking & i hope i'm wrong on this, but i think we could see a wreck of epic proportions & perhaps see as many as 25-30 cars in one crash or a serious of a couple wrecks.

AZ Snake Fan
05-04-2014, 09:54 AM
JR is starting 31st??? How long til he gets to the front???

Quals seemed like a bunch of children at their first day of kindergarden.
No one knew what to do, confusion was rampant.
31st is no big deal at Dega, Kyle Bush is starting in the back too.
They will both find their way up front if they don't wreck.

Woot. I don't have to wait long to see my highlights of this race. On at 8.30 a.m tomorrow morning!

Good for you Jaws !!!
If the NWS race was any clue, this Sprint race at Dega should be a wild one.
Here's to a fun and safe race !!! :beer: :beer:

Edit: I agree with you BFIPA !!! :D

Jaws
05-04-2014, 12:03 PM
JR up to fourth already.

Can someone tell me how this free pass business works?

Jaws
05-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Happy time Hamlin!

BroncosFanInPA
05-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Well i didn't care for Kesolowski to start with & now...i hope to god somebody puts that loudmouth punk in his place for his actions of taking out a bunch of cars when he was 6 laps down.

I have no problem with somebody up there racing to get a lap back to try to get back in it, but him being 6 laps down...he had NO BUSINESS up there!! :fight:

He is such a tool & could learn alot from the veterans of the sport, I gurantee you would never see guys like Gordon, Johnson, Stewart, Kenseth etc. etc. up there mixing it up being that amount of laps down, they would have respect for others & ride in the back!!!

Ironically he took 3 of those guys out ha ha! what a loser!

Jaws
05-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Right from the first race I watched I couldn't warm to Keselowski for some reason.
I can see now that my aversion to him is well founded!

Peanut
05-04-2014, 03:03 PM
JR up to fourth already.

Can someone tell me how this free pass business works?

A few years ago, drivers were allowed to race back to the line when a caution was out. They could get a lap back doing that. Accidents happened, they deemed it too dangerous so they ruled that there would be no racing back to the line any more. Instead, they put in the free pass. The driver who is the first one a lap down gets to go around the pace car and get their lap back. If there are no one lap downers, then the first driver that is 2 laps down gets one lap back (and so on).

If I confused you, I'm sure someone will be along to clean up my mess. :D

BroncosFanInPA
05-04-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm not done venting yet...

Ok, Tony wasn't up front yet again all race due to overheating problems which leads me to my anger.

So the 14 had overheating issues, we also heard the 4 of harvick talk of overheating or running hot & then we saw water blowing out of Danica's car on a pit stop & i'm not sure, but i thought i also heard the 41 of Kurt Busch talk of running hot as did the 51 of justin algaier...all hendrik motors & of course ALL of stewarat-haas cars.

Funny thing though...did we ever hear about Earnhart, Johnson, Kahne or Gordon's car running hot? NO!! something stinks here & i think Hendrick gave everyone but his own team some bum motors!

And it would make sense considering they (mainly Harvick) have been beating them on track week in, week out.

roushmartin6
05-04-2014, 07:46 PM

Ok, Tony wasn't up front yet again all race due to overheating problems which leads me to my anger.

So the 14 had overheating issues, we also heard the 4 of harvick talk of overheating or running hot & then we saw water blowing out of Danica's car on a pit stop & i'm not sure, but i thought i also heard the 41 of Kurt Busch talk of running hot as did the 51 of justin algaier...all hendrik motors & of course ALL of stewarat-haas cars.

Funny thing though...did we ever hear about Earnhart, Johnson, Kahne or Gordon's car running hot? NO!! something stinks here & i think Hendrick gave everyone but his own team some bum motors!

And it would make sense considering they (mainly Harvick) have been beating them on track week in, week out.

I think its just a a fluke thing but I wouldn't put it past Hendrick. It was an ok race I thought. The most exciting part was the crowd turnout, it looked like the early 2000s again

Peanut
05-04-2014, 10:00 PM

You can vent. I'm a good listener. You all have put up with mine. :D

I would hate to think that someone would be that low to do something like that. Hendrick has pride and a rep to uphold. Other cars were blowing steam, too. I don't know if they were Hendrick engines or not. Some used too much tape and running in a pack like they do will over-heat the engines.

Tony tends to run in the back at plate races. Odd that he would over-heat back there.

Anyway, you can vent. Tony hasn't had the year you/we thought he would have.

Jaws
05-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks Peanut for the "Free Pass" explanation.
There's a lot of good Teachers in this thread.

Hope I get good grades at the end of the season :D

Jaws
05-04-2014, 11:43 PM
*:D @ Kyle Larson's Tweet:*

" 5 a.m alarm to go practice turning right. I like turning right."

https://twitter.com/KyleLarsonRacin/status/463137241595150336

BroncosFanInPA
05-05-2014, 02:39 PM
I think its just a a fluke thing but I wouldn't put it past Hendrick. It was an ok race I thought. The most exciting part was the crowd turnout, it looked like the early 2000s again
Yes i noticed that as well, it was a nice sight to see the stands nearly full because attendance has been down for quite a few years.

You can vent. I'm a good listener. You all have put up with mine. :D

I would hate to think that someone would be that low to do something like that. Hendrick has pride and a rep to uphold. Other cars were blowing steam, too. I don't know if they were Hendrick engines or not. Some used too much tape and running in a pack like they do will over-heat the engines.

Tony tends to run in the back at plate races. Odd that he would over-heat back there.

Anyway, you can vent. Tony hasn't had the year you/we thought he would have.

Yeah he has been doing that in recent years but he never used to run in the back unless he got shuffled back, he used to race up front alot at Daytona & Dega but now he just rides & it never pays off.

And yeah i don't get how he could be running hot when he was in the very back the whole time, it doesn't make any sense. Also if memory serves me right, i seem to recall him having the exact same issue at Talladega last year & ending up laps down.

redneckrocker
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Dega reflections:

I can't stand Kyle Busch, but the M&M Pretzel car looked awesome (I think they stole my idea from Nascar '14)
Austin Dillion needs to get it together, I love seeing the #3 back on the track and loved the Bass Pro look, but he is not living up to the expectations. No excuses he has all the resources to be great.
What is up Keslowski? I used to like this guy, but this year he is really disappointing. And Trevor Bayne, you can drag the brake pedal to prevent a wreck!
Jr. too conservative, the strategy of laying back at a restrictor plate race never pays off, especially late in the race. The best place to be at restrictor plate tracks is leading the pack, which he was!!
I think the Jimmy has lost his horseshoe.
I like Denny, just wish Gibbs would have stuck with Chevy. Toyota in Nascar, ugghh.

redneckrocker
05-05-2014, 10:29 PM
At least the Goodyears didn't explode this time!!

Peanut
05-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Dega reflections:

I can't stand Kyle Busch, but the M&M Pretzel car looked awesome (I think they stole my idea from Nascar '14)
Austin Dillion needs to get it together, I love seeing the #3 back on the track and loved the Bass Pro look, but he is not living up to the expectations. No excuses he has all the resources to be great.
What is up Keslowski? I used to like this guy, but this year he is really disappointing. And Trevor Bayne, you can drag the brake pedal to prevent a wreck!
Jr. too conservative, the strategy of laying back at a restrictor plate race never pays off, especially late in the race. The best place to be at restrictor plate tracks is leading the pack, which he was!!
I think the Jimmy has lost his horseshoe.
I like Denny, just wish Gibbs would have stuck with Chevy. Toyota in Nascar, ugghh.

We should have some good conversations, because I like Kyle and I like Toyota (in NASCAR). :D I don't like M&M pretzels, though. The pretzels ruin the chocolate. :D

I understand the reasoning behind hanging in the back. Jr did avoid some crashes by doing that. I don't really like it.

I hid Jimmie's horseshoe. :smug:

Peanut
05-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Did I break this thread? :eek:

Congrats to Gordon. I'm glad he won and not someone else. :D

Props to Patrick. I'm more impressed with her run tonight than what she's done at the restrictor plate races.

Southstander
05-10-2014, 10:32 PM
My boy gets it done!!!

Jaws
05-10-2014, 11:16 PM
He deserved that one :beer:

AZ Snake Fan
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM

My boy gets it done!!!

Good to see you posting !
Hope you are doing well Southie !!! :D

redneckrocker
05-11-2014, 11:04 PM
Not a big Gordon fan, but always like to see the bow tie in victory lane. Kansas is the closest Sprint Cup track to me, so always have my attention on the results.

Jr. got another top 5, Chase here we come!

Going to this race (especially now that it's under the lights) is on the bucket list.

roushmartin6
05-11-2014, 11:20 PM
It was a pretty good race. The best part was when the backstretch lights went out, it was kind of cool racing like that. Obviously if it had been in the turns they would have red flagged the race till they were fixed but being on the backstretch in a straight line, no harm, just some cool action lol. Glad to see Jeff win, now the media will shut up about it lol. Can't wait to hear about how Jimmie hasn't won till he does.

BroncosFanInPA
05-13-2014, 06:00 PM
My boy gets it done!!!

Thought the 48 was your guy? :confused:

BroncosFanInPA
05-13-2014, 06:13 PM
So now we have 9 winners & still 15 races to go, so there is a real possibility of more than 16 & still alot of big names winless so we shall see what happens.

However Kurt Busch better start to pick it up because he is not far from falling out of the top 30 which would mean he is not eligible to make it with his win.

What a run for Danica, she ran up front all race & there was nothing fluke about it but then again isn't it about time?

Tony...that's a different story, he was strong in the first half but finished terrible again at 20th 1 lap down yet again & i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record, but something has got to change or else he should just give it up because he can't continue on like this.

Overall at this point i have 3 favorites for the cup...Gordon, Harvick & Logano. They have been the strongest & most consistent teams thus far.

roushmartin6
05-14-2014, 10:53 AM
So now we have 9 winners & still 15 races to go, so there is a real possibility of more than 16 & still alot of big names winless so we shall see what happens.

However Kurt Busch better start to pick it up because he is not far from falling out of the top 30 which would mean he is not eligible to make it with his win.

What a run for Danica, she ran up front all race & there was nothing fluke about it but then again isn't it about time?

Tony...that's a different story, he was strong in the first half but finished terrible again at 20th 1 lap down yet again & i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record, but something has got to change or else he should just give it up because he can't continue on like this.

Overall at this point i have 3 favorites for the cup...Gordon, Harvick & Logano. They have been the strongest & most consistent teams thus far.

Tony should have never fired Grubb. I think they didn't get along but maybe thats a good thing, Jimmie and Chad fight all the time and dominate every season

Southstander
05-16-2014, 08:38 PM

Good to see you posting !
Hope you are doing well Southie !!! :D

Doing well. I got my machine yesterday.

BroncosFanInPA
05-20-2014, 06:03 PM
So how does everyone see Kurt fairing doing the double this weekend?

I think he may do well at Indy but will struggle in the 600 due to exhaustion especially if it's hot, that is just such a long grueling day to try to run both races.

FL BRONCO
05-20-2014, 06:30 PM
So how does everyone see Kurt fairing doing the double this weekend?

I think he may do well at Indy but will struggle in the 600 due to exhaustion especially if it's hot, that is just such a long grueling day to try to run both races.

I think he will do fine and I wish him well.

BroncosFanInPA
05-20-2014, 07:16 PM
I think he will do fine and I wish him well.

I would be impressed if he could do half as good as tony did back in 2001 when he finished 6th in the 500 & then came home 3rd in the 600, which thinking about it now would seem unrealistic to expect that type of performance from anybody.

But i do also wish him the best of luck & hope he can at least complete both races.

AZ Snake Fan
05-23-2014, 06:28 PM

I don't know if any of you saw Sprint practice or the quals for the Charlotte 600.

The 88 had some "Superman" logos on it. Jr said it was a tribute to the National Guard for Memorial Day weekend.

There should be more to come because, evidently, DC and HMS have hooked up some kind of deal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/why-hendrick-s-deal-with-dc-comics-is-a-risky--but-necessary--move-172356551.html

BroncosFanInPA
05-23-2014, 08:44 PM

I don't know if any of you saw Sprint practice or the quals for the Charlotte 600.

The 88 had some "Superman" logos on it. Jr said it was a tribute to the National Guard for Memorial Day weekend.

There should be more to come because, evidently, DC and HMS have hooked up some kind of deal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/why-hendrick-s-deal-with-dc-comics-is-a-risky--but-necessary--move-172356551.html

Yo AZ, I saw qualifying & noticed the 88 car & it looked pretty cool, also alot of cool patriotic paint schemes in honor of memorial day.

One other thing...how about danica qualifying 4th for the 600? She really has got something figured out of late ever since harvick sat down with her & i would expect her to have another good run. Perhaps harv should sit down with smoke? :laugh:

P.S. On a side note...We are headed out to a local track sat. night (Jennerstown Speedway for those interested) for some short track action & they too are honoring our service with military appreciation night, very cool weekend. :salute:

Enjoy all the racing this weekend everyone, sunday marks racing's longest day & hats off to all serving our country. :clap:

roushmartin6
05-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Well Jimmie won so the media can shut up about his losing streak lol. Was an ok race. Was interested to see if Gordon could have held them off without that caution.

Peanut
05-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Hendrick has some engine problems. Stewart-Haas is going to go looking elsewhere if this keeps up.

Gordon had a Superman car once. At least there's a t-shirt with a Gordon Superman car on it. :D

Yay for Hunter-Reay!

roushmartin6
05-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Hendrick has some engine problems. Stewart-Haas is going to go looking elsewhere if this keeps up.

Gordon had a Superman car once. At least there's a t-shirt with a Gordon Superman car on it. :D

Yay for Hunter-Reay!

Sadly the only other Chevy engines are the Childress motors which are not near as good. Its strange that they keep blowing so many motors but maybe they are pushing the limits with this new points system. As long as you get a win you will most likely be in after all

BroncosFanInPA
05-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Well a while back i had said that there would be a big name driver or two miss the chase under this new points system designed for winning & not points, so at this point...

I feel fairly confident & it saddens me to say this, but Tony is not making it this year because that team is just not competetive in the very least & don't let the 13th place finish kid you, i don't know if he actually made more than 1 or 2 passes for position all night.

I also think Biffle will not get in either because they seem to be running alot like the 14 team even though he is alot higher in points, he is not running up front or even in the top 10 much either

roushmartin6
05-31-2014, 01:25 AM
Stewart still not back to 100%: #14-Tony Stewart was asked how his leg is healing following last year's accident:
ARE YOU ON SCHEDULE YOU THINK WITH HOW YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD FEEL OR HOW YOU HOPED YOU WOULD FEEL AT THIS POINT BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY?
Stewart: "I honestly thought I would be done with all this by now. As far as rehab, pain, all that stuff I thought it would all be done. I thought we would be healed 100 percent by now. But keep going to the doctor on our scheduled appointments and they keep updating us on how it's going and what they think the outlook is for it. We just adjust it. When you haven't gone through something like this you don't know what to think and don't know how to feel about it. You don't know what to judge for recovery times and this and that because you've just never been through it. If it ever happens again I will have a better idea of how to answer that. You just take it a day at a time still."(Chevy PR)(5-31-2014)

Might explain why Tony isn't running well right now, though the 14 car struggled last year as well, so it might be a combination of both.

Peanut
05-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Stewart still not back to 100%: #14-Tony Stewart was asked how his leg is healing following last year's accident:
ARE YOU ON SCHEDULE YOU THINK WITH HOW YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD FEEL OR HOW YOU HOPED YOU WOULD FEEL AT THIS POINT BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY?
Stewart: "I honestly thought I would be done with all this by now. As far as rehab, pain, all that stuff I thought it would all be done. I thought we would be healed 100 percent by now. But keep going to the doctor on our scheduled appointments and they keep updating us on how it's going and what they think the outlook is for it. We just adjust it. When you haven't gone through something like this you don't know what to think and don't know how to feel about it. You don't know what to judge for recovery times and this and that because you've just never been through it. If it ever happens again I will have a better idea of how to answer that. You just take it a day at a time still."(Chevy PR)(5-31-2014)

Might explain why Tony isn't running well right now, though the 14 car struggled last year as well, so it might be a combination of both.

I've been wondering how his leg has been. Thanks for the update.

SWEEP! :D

We went to the NW race today. My guys did good. We were right in front of Victory Lane. Wish I had my real camera. I kept yelling (mentally) FOCUS to my phone cam. I have to watch the replay because I missed Larson hitting the wall.

Peanut
06-01-2014, 12:02 PM
They broke Dover! :sad:

I'm glad it didn't happen yesterday.

BroncosFanInPA
06-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Can we get a petiton going for nascar to stop running the cup series at dover because there is never any doubt who is going to win, it's getting really old watching the 48 dominate that track!!

Southstander
06-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Can we get a petiton going for nascar to stop running the cup series at dover because there is never any doubt who is going to win, it's getting really old watching the 48 dominate that track!!

I am loving it!!!:D keep it up #48.

AZ Snake Fan
06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I am loving it!!!:D keep it up #48.

Pretty good race today, lots of adjusting to never ending track changes.
Thought Tony had it dialed in for a while, sorry Kyle went to the garage.

Southie, what's up with your laptop and did you know that you are a HoFer ?
LOL, congrats Southie !!! :D

Southstander
06-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Pretty good race today, lots of adjusting to never ending track changes.
Thought Tony had it dialed in for a while, sorry Kyle went to the garage.

Southie, what's up with your laptop and did you know that you are a HoFer ?
LOL, congrats Southie !!! :D

I am going to see what I can do to order a replacement screen next week. Thank you for letting me know I am a HOFer I was not aware.

roushmartin6
06-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Have to admit I missed the race after the red flag for the track problem. We can all agree that they have come a long way in patching tracks in a timely manner lol. Yea I decided I wanted to spend the day out in the pool than watch Jimmie win lol. I think last week broke the seal and now we will have to listen to how Jimmie can't be stopped and will win the championship again

BroncosFanInPA
06-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Have to admit I missed the race after the red flag for the track problem. We can all agree that they have come a long way in patching tracks in a timely manner lol. Yea I decided I wanted to spend the day out in the pool than watch Jimmie win lol. I think last week broke the seal and now we will have to listen to how Jimmie can't be stopped and will win the championship again

Don't worry, he can be stopped under this new format except for the fact dover & martinsville are both chase races & tracks he dominates & once the chase starts all you need is to win to advance to the next 3 races.

So when nascar decides to change the stupid schedule up maybe then the 48 can't rule the chase.

Back to dover for a moment...i was really surprised at the run tony had, it was by far his best overall race from start to finish. It may not be his best finish of the year (4th at bristol) but no doubt his best race because the consistency was there throughout the entire race.

Only thing that hampered the 14 was restarts, it reminded of how the 24 had problems after a restart for a few races & took some laps to get going but just like jeff did, tony had a good long run car once he had about 10 laps or so run.

So i guess progress is finally starting to take place but it's only 1 good solid race, let's see after a few more but pocono next...smoke is really strong there so we shall see.

AZ Snake Fan
06-03-2014, 11:31 PM

Don't worry, he can be stopped under this new format except for the fact dover & martinsville are both chase races & tracks he dominates & once the chase starts all you need is to win to advance to the next 3 races.

So when nascar decides to change the stupid schedule up maybe then the 48 can't rule the chase.

Back to dover for a moment...i was really surprised at the run tony had, it was by far his best overall race from start to finish. It may not be his best finish of the year (4th at bristol) but no doubt his best race because the consistency was there throughout the entire race.

Only thing that hampered the 14 was restarts, it reminded of how the 24 had problems after a restart for a few races & took some laps to get going but just like jeff did, tony had a good long run car once he had about 10 laps or so run.

So i guess progress is finally starting to take place but it's only 1 good solid race, let's see after a few more but pocono next...smoke is really strong there so we shall see.

Don't worry BFIPA, Tony will finish strong. :D

ELWAY421
06-05-2014, 06:00 PM
This 48 is starting to play a movie I've watched some six times before. The 88 needs to put a stop to this nonsense....

BroncosFanInPA
06-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Well i don't know who made the boneheaded call if it was tony or the crew chief on the 14 to pit on the caution from the lead with 40 to go, but they threw the race away at that point & it had nothing to do with his speeding penalty, he was never gonna get back around the 12 or 15 cars that did not pit.

It just made zero sense to pit there when you still had to pit one more time for fuel to make it & so many other cars stayed out & got in front of you. WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! :fight: If you stay out like you should have then you probably win the race!! :hammer:

Very frustrated at what transpired because tony had a really strong car that should have won the race if some dummy doesn't make that call to pit! And then i figured after the penalty & they topped the tank off, i thought they were gonna try to make it on fuel but no...let's turn around & pit again like 7 or 8 laps later :confused: & totally end any remote chance you may have had.

That is all i got, VERY MAD!!! :mad:

AZ Snake Fan
06-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Don't worry BFIPA.
Tony will get in.
He looked great today.
This is just the beginning of Tony's season, the half-way mark.
Don't worry !!!

Peanut
06-08-2014, 10:54 PM
PA, I agree with AZ. Tony will win. He just wants his fans frustrated now so when he wins, it'll be that much nicer.

Right?

Anyone see the ARCA race? Larson switching the engine off and on to save fuel and putting more space between him and second place while doing it. Because of that, he had such a big lead that he pitted, had a drive-through penalty for blend line violation and still had like 24 (12?) seconds on second place. There's also another Allison coming up the ranks.

AZ Snake Fan
06-09-2014, 12:56 AM

Didn't know another Allison was coming up but Kyle Larson and Chase Elliot have really impressed me this year.
Seems like this younger generation is really sharp these days and not just in racing but in everything !!!

Jaws
06-09-2014, 01:01 AM
Two hours of hard work on my assignment and I get to watch the highlights of yesterday's race at 11 a.m.
My carrot for an unmotivated Monday morning!

BroncosFanInPA
06-09-2014, 04:56 AM

Don't worry BFIPA.
Tony will get in.
He looked great today.
This is just the beginning of Tony's season, the half-way mark.
Don't worry !!!

PA, I agree with AZ. Tony will win. He just wants his fans frustrated now so when he wins, it'll be that much nicer.

Right?

Yeah i agree with both of you that a win will come because of the major improvement over the last couple races.

And while i'm still upset with how it ended yesterday, i'm very encouraged at the speed the 14 had but i figured he would be strong at pocono no matter how bad he has been up that point because he always is good there.

Still scratching my head though over that decision to pit & give up all those positions, not sure what they were thinking, even if he doesn't get hit with speeding...he still would not have got back to the lead.

Oh well what's done is done & in the rearview mirror & now it's off to Michigan.

roushmartin6
06-09-2014, 12:18 PM

Right?

Anyone see the ARCA race? Larson switching the engine off and on to save fuel and putting more space between him and second place while doing it. Because of that, he had such a big lead that he pitted, had a drive-through penalty for blend line violation and still had like 24 (12?) seconds on second place. There's also another Allison coming up the ranks.

Yea it was an ok Arca race if you enjoy watching Larson spank the field lol. He almost messed up at the end thoug

roushmartin6
06-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah i agree with both of you that a win will come because of the major improvement over the last couple races.

And while i'm still upset with how it ended yesterday, i'm very encouraged at the speed the 14 had but i figured he would be strong at pocono no matter how bad he has been up that point because he always is good there.

Still scratching my head though over that decision to pit & give up all those positions, not sure what they were thinking, even if he doesn't get hit with speeding...he still would not have got back to the lead.

Oh well what's done is done & in the rearview mirror & now it's off to Michigan.

All the SHR cars looked great (minus Danica). They might be starting to put the pieces together at the right moment. The one thats been shocking to me this year has been Gibbs, they were the class of the field last year and now struggle to run in the top 20 at times

Southstander
06-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Just doing a gas and go, to say Hi.

ELWAY421
06-13-2014, 04:32 AM
Michigan, may the #88 go out & get win number 3. This year feels like the year!!! :D

AZ Snake Fan
06-15-2014, 07:45 AM

Congrats to DW Jr for his hard fought win in the CWTS at that nice old short track in IL !!!

Here's to a good one today at Michigan !!!

:beer: :beer:

EvertonBroncos
06-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Not really got a chance to watch NASCAR over here, but was wondering if anyone could bring me up to speed on Gene Haas? Apparently he's setting up a Formula One team as of 2016, and wants to bring in Danica Patrick as one of his drivers.

roushmartin6
06-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Not really got a chance to watch NASCAR over here, but was wondering if anyone could bring me up to speed on Gene Haas? Apparently he's setting up a Formula One team as of 2016, and wants to bring in Danica Patrick as one of his drivers.

He is entering F1 but the Danica Patrick part is just a rumor. I highly doubt he would choose her unless he is desperate for the GoDaddy money, which means if he is desperate for money he shouldn't be doing this at all

roushmartin6
06-15-2014, 10:27 PM

Congrats to DW Jr for his hard fought win in the CWTS at that nice old short track in IL !!!

Glad they brought back Gateway. Now they need to just reopen Mansfield next

roushmartin6
06-15-2014, 10:28 PM
All it took was Jimmie to get his first win and now look. 3 wins and finally gets a win at Michigan. Oh well, i'm REALLY looking forward to Sonoma next week, there isn't enough road courses on the cup schedule

Peanut
06-15-2014, 10:56 PM

Congrats, Wallace! I like him.

All it took was Jimmie to get his first win and now look. 3 wins and finally gets a win at Michigan. Oh well, i'm REALLY looking forward to Sonoma next week, there isn't enough road courses on the cup schedule

I love Sonoma. Should be a good race.

Patrick says Haas has not talked to her about F1 ride: #10-Danica Patrick said she is flattered that her name keeps coming up to go racing in Formula 1, but for now, at least, it's a non-starter. In a wide ranging interview with The Toronto Sun outside her motorhome at Michigan International Speedway on Friday, Patrick said her plate is full right now just trying to master the #10 Stewart Haas Racing Chevy in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series, where she is halfway through her second season in the big stock cars. The offer to go F-1 racing came from her NASCAR team co-owner Gene Haas, who plans on entering the open-wheel fray in the 2016 season with an all-American team. At the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal last weekend, Haas said Patrick would be considered as a driver for the team. Patrick, however, admitted she might have jumped at the opportunity 10 years ago, but her life has changed a lot since then and that she hasn't been asked by Haas or anybody else what her thoughts were on the subject. "I agree that anything is possible, but nobody has said anything to me," she said. "I am happy where I am at right now as far as racing goes. I am just starting to get the hang of Sprint Cup racing." Patrick didn't, though, absolutely rule out going back to open-wheel racing if the right offer came along. "Out of respect for Gene, if he came to me I would certainly listen, but I am almost getting too old (32) to start a third career," she said.(see full story at the Toronto Sun)(6-14-2014)

Kind of confusing. First line said he hasn't talked to her about it and then the second bolded. She might be the most current driver to come from open wheel but she's not the best Haas has. I don't think Tony would like to switch, but I think he would do better. Patrick came from IndyCar. Ovals and road courses. She was better on ovals. F1 is all road courses. I don't think she could survive in F1. If Haas wants her there, it be for what roushmartin6 said. The money. And PR.

BroncosFanInPA
06-16-2014, 04:42 PM

I couldn't agree more, there absolutely should be one in the chase as well & maybe one more during the first 26 & get rid of some of the 1.5 mile tracks...speaking of that i saw an article a little while back about shortening the schedule up & i have some ideas about that but will post them another time.

Also it's becoming very tiresome :yawn: watching the stinking 48 win all the time & this time was on strategy because he did not have a top 3 car but pulled one out of the hat again, guess he found the horeshoe that harvick used to talk about ha ha!

Southstander
06-16-2014, 08:27 PM
48 Baby!!!!!!!!! I am loving this. I know not all of us like him, but we need to enjoy this time in NASCAR it is truly historic. Years from now our grandiose will ask us about it.

Southstander
06-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Congrats, Wallace! I like him.

I love Sonoma. Should be a good race.

Kind of confusing. First line said he hasn't talked to her about it and then the second bolded. She might be the most current driver to come from open wheel but she's not the best Haas has. I don't think Tony would like to switch, but I think he would do better. Patrick came from IndyCar. Ovals and road courses. She was better on ovals. F1 is all road courses. I don't think she could survive in F1. If Haas wants her there, it be for what roushmartin6 said. The money. And PR.

She also is having a hard time surving in NASCAR. To my knowledge she has on won one race in Indy Car or Stock Car.

ELWAY421
06-19-2014, 04:02 AM
She also is having a hard time surving in NASCAR. To my knowledge she has on won one race in Indy Car or Stock Car.

She is still better than most almost half of the field! I feel like people need to cut Danica some slack. Nobody in their right mind thought she was going to come over to Nascar & compete for championships. However she finished about mid pack in points last year & it looks like she'll do the same this year. She"s doing fine....