PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Southstander
05-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Figured it was about time for this, Gearheads unite. Dusty6 I KNOW you will be in hear alot

Calif. Bronco
05-29-2006, 09:15 AM
It was awesome to see my driver get back on track and win his third of the season yesterday. At the risk of jinxing it, might he even make the chase this year? :confused: (he says this with his fingers crossed)

Seriously though, yesterday was another huge step forward for Kasey. Not only because of his third win (remember he had only 1 total in his first 2 years before this year) but because he got back on track. In the first two years he would have a few good weeks then go into a two-month tailspin of non-stop DNFs and find himself buried. In addition, this was at a very difficult track where he had never even had a top-20 finish before last night.

Reidman
05-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Ok, so we've been talking about this in the cafe.
I think the pit-stops were too many yesterday and that is largely due to the smaller fuel cell in the cars. Nobody wants to see them pitting all the time.

As for the race, it wasn't the most exciting. I thought it funny how loose the cars were getting to start since the track was slick from the sun.

Anybody know Stewarts condition.....?? Last I had heard he had a broken or cracked shoulder blade and possibly wouldn't start next weekend.

Great idea for a thread South. I have recently started watching, when I can.

NJBRONCOSFAN
05-29-2006, 11:07 AM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=60468&highlight=nascar

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=55423&highlight=nascar

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=35547&highlight=nascar

Southstander
05-29-2006, 01:27 PM
I think the pit-stops were too many yesterday and that is largely due to the smaller fuel cell in the cars. Nobody wants to see them pitting all the time.

As for the race, it wasn't the most exciting. I thought it funny how loose the cars were getting to start since the track was slick from the sun.

Anybody know Stewarts condition.....?? Last I had heard he had a broken or cracked shoulder blade and possibly wouldn't start next weekend.

Thanks Reidan, I think TS has a broken shoulder, but will race next week

SyxxSynse
05-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Figured it was about time for this, Gearheads unite. Dusty6 I KNOW you will be in hear alot

Amen brother! The gearheads have tried to unite on this subject a few times (refer to NJBRONCOSFAN's post), but can't never seem to keep this thread on the front page. But never fear, for BUMPMAN is here!!

*Enter Superman theme song*

Bumpity, Bumpity, Bump and Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, lets talk racin' boys!!! :D

Southstander
05-29-2006, 02:41 PM
I called it!! I'm Just suprised it took you this long to come in here D6

SyxxSynse
05-29-2006, 02:44 PM
I called it!! I'm Just suprised it took you this long to come in here D6

Yeah, I've been busy playing my own NASCAR garage today. Oil changes, Radiator flushing, and stuff like that. :D

Southstander
05-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Sounds fun :D :beer:

SyxxSynse
05-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Sounds fun :D :beer:

Not really. The oil change wasn't bad but I rang the radiator plug off when I was doing the flushing cause I tightened a little too tight. Stupid cheap parts! I guess I don't know my own strength! :D

Southstander
05-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Hercules!Hercules!Hercules!Hercules! (While Clapping) :D

SyxxSynse
05-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Hercules!Hercules!Hercules!Hercules! (While Clapping) :D

:D I guess so.

Back to racing, how about good ol' Carl Edwards, he almost pulled off the spin and win! And Mark finished fourth, another good points day. :beer:

Southstander
05-29-2006, 03:56 PM
It was a bad "points day" for my driver. Gordon, just seems snake bit. Any words on who will take over the 6, next year when Martin, hangs them up?

SyxxSynse
05-29-2006, 06:42 PM
It was a bad "points day" for my driver. Gordon, just seems snake bit. Any words on who will take over the 6, next year when Martin, hangs them up?

The latest I heard is that Todd Kluever from Jack Roush's Busch program will take the ride. I have mixed feelings about this. I like Kluever, but I just think that he needs more experience in Busch before he moves to Cup, especially to take over such a prestigious ride such as Marks.

This is what I want to see done. Roush Racing has to cut an entire team due to NASCAR’s new rule to limit the amount of teams a Cup owner can have. The National Guard sponsorship with Greg Biffle I believe runs out at the end of 06 and National Guard has shown no interest in re-signing. I say leave Kluever in the Busch for another year or two to gain experience. If the sponsorship leaves Biffle for next year, eliminate the #16 car (getting Roush down to NASCAR’s limit), and move Biffle to the 6 car.

Biffle has proven that he can be competitive and I don't want the 6 car to end up in 20-30th something position every week.

Southstander
05-29-2006, 06:56 PM
It could be a situatiuation like with the #2 and their will be a major defection. I'm still supirsed he is behind the wheel of the douce.

I have heard rumors of Little e driving the 3 in few years, what have you heard

SyxxSynse
05-29-2006, 07:17 PM
It could be a situatiuation like with the #2 and their will be a major defection. I'm still supirsed he is behind the wheel of the douce.

Dale Jr. says he will not leave DEI until he brings the organization a championship, but I really don't see that happening in just a few years. No doubt, Dale Jr. has a talent, but he is WAY overrated.

SyxxSynse
05-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh, and as for Kurt Busch in the Blue Deuce, we'll I won't even go there. :D

But with the case of Kyle Busch (or Shrub as I like to call him) in the 5 car, is simply a slap in the face of Terry Labonte's legacy.

Southstander
05-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Dale Jr. says he will not leave DEI until he brings the organization a championship, but I really don't see that happening in just a few years. No doubt, Dale Jr. has a talent, but he is WAY overrated.

I think he is where he is at beacause of DADDY

Calif. Bronco
05-29-2006, 08:42 PM

It seems like the problem with Jr. is that he seems to want to have a life outside of racing. I don't know if it's music or endorsements or women or whatever, but don't you get the sense that he doesn't eat, drink, and sleep racing like his Dad did?

As for being over-rated, I think we've discussed this on here before. It's largely because of Daddy like South says but also has a lot to do with his primary sponsor. Like Nike, they definitely have the ablility to create a legend out of an otherwise ordinary athlete.

SyxxSynse
05-30-2006, 07:34 AM
It seems like the problem with Jr. is that he seems to want to have a life outside of racing. I don't know if it's music or endorsements or women or whatever, but don't you get the sense that he doesn't eat, drink, and sleep racing like his Dad did?

As for being over-rated, I think we've discussed this on here before. It's largely because of Daddy like South says but also has a lot to do with his primary sponsor. Like Nike, they definitely have the ablility to create a legend out of an otherwise ordinary athlete.

I agree on both parts. Jr. seems like racing isn't his whole life. I'm not so sure about the sponsorship thing though. Budweiser does play a large role in his popularity, but I'd say he would still have close to the fan base he has today (which is mostly his fathers) if Bud were to leave Jr. But I don't see that happening.

Southstander
05-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Another driver that is only racing due to hi slast name is Kyle Petty, If it whre Kyle Smith or Kyle Jones he would not have a ride.

SyxxSynse
06-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Another driver that is only racing due to hi slast name is Kyle Petty, If it whre Kyle Smith or Kyle Jones he would not have a ride.

I agree there, I like Kyle and he used to be good, but not anymore. I'd like to see him and the whole Petty organization do well this year.

Speaking of drivers named Kyle that shouldn't have a ride, what about Kyle Busch and his 3 year old tantrums and sissy throwing of his HANS device like a retard with a Frisbee.

Alot of drivers I dislike, but Kyle Busch is a whole other level of disliking for me, probably near the verge of hate. I dispise that little pr!ck with a passion. And from this article, looks like Rusty Wallace doesn't like him either.

He needs somebody to kick his ass. Casey Mears got loose and spun into Busch, but he didn't have any intention of hitting him. Then Busch came out there and slung part of his HANS at Mears.

If I had been there I'd have stopped, backed up and got out of the car, and smacked Busch's face off. Then I would have gotten back in the car and took off.

That was a ridiculous and embarrassing move. Seriously though, the problem is he keeps doing this stuff. You would think he would learn, but he just keeps doing it. I don't like it when somebody disrespects the sport, and that's what he's doing right now.

And it's all because he got mad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&...ace_rusty&id=2462793

I have a new found respect for Wallace. :beer: And I swear, if Busch tried to do that $h!t to me, he would have gotten more than a slap in the face. I would be in a court room for attempted murder I guess. F'N SHRUB!! :mad:

PATS FAN in PA
06-01-2006, 05:40 PM

they are the same size fuel cells that they run everywhere but daytona and talladega . . .

RunYouOver
06-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Ricky Rudd coming back to sub for Stewart.

He'll win no doubt. :salute:

Southstander
06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Kyle needed to lose more then just 25 points, did his brother do teh samething a few years back with his Helmet

SyxxSynse
06-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Kyle needed to lose more then just 25 points, did his brother do teh samething a few years back with his Helmet

I don't remember that, but I'm sure he probably did.

And hey, I found this comic and thought it told the truth more than it was funny...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sports/racing/images/060106a.gif

Why can't NASCAR do like Indy and do the Side-By-Side thing during commercials. That way it makes the fans happy cause they can still see whats happening, and makes the sponsors happy cause their product is being shown. It's a win-win as I see it. The only argument I see is that the sponsors would say that if people are watching whats going on during the race, they aren't paying attention to their product. I reply to that with a "Who watches the commericals anyway? That's when I go take a piss!" :beer:

Southstander
06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
I agree on the Side by side, I just with the race side of the screen was large, and they used SAP to broadcast Green to Chacker audio as well

SyxxSynse
06-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Anybody see my man Mark Martin win the truck race last night. Go Marky!! I just knew that if they had a caution with a few to go that Carl Edwards would pass him, cause Edwards was turnin' it on near the end. Mark is going to dominate the Truck Series when he shows up there next year. :beer:

SyxxSynse
06-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Oh, and I forgot. And Kyle Busch is black flagged while leading for a HOOD PIN coming out!!

:laugh: + :D + :cheeky: x a million.

Southstander
06-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh, and I forgot. And Kyle Busch is black flagged while leading for a HOOD PIN coming out!!

:laugh: + :D + :cheeky: x a million.

TO quote Nelson Muntz " Ha HA"

Southstander
06-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Kensith wins

KS-BroncoGirl
06-04-2006, 03:52 PM
...is so having a banner year and I'm so glad. Go #17

The Hamburgler
06-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Why have we not heard much of Kevin Harvick. I want him to win the championship soon.

Southstander
06-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Why have we not heard much of Kevin Harvick. I want him to win the championship soon.

I don't, he is one of my least favorite racers

SyxxSynse
06-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't, he is one of my least favorite racers

Amen to that! He's ranked up there with Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart on the "Drivers I Can't Stand!" list with me.

PATS FAN in PA
06-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Amen to that! He's ranked up there with Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart on the "Drivers I Can't Stand!" list with me.

bashing my man tony . . . that's not cool :eek:

SyxxSynse
06-05-2006, 04:37 PM
bashing my man tony . . . that's not cool :eek:

Sorry man, but I call it like I see it, and I see Tony as nothing but a hypocrite after the Daytona deal with Kenseth. How can a person talk about how someone is going to get someone killed with aggressive driving and then turn around and run a driver off the track. That's just crap! :mad:

DBroncTD30
06-06-2006, 04:21 AM
Dusty,
Mark can't afford miscues in the pits like he had on Sunday.

He has a good crew, but not a great one. With a great pit crew he would be contending with the 48 and 17 for the points lead. That is my opinion, however.

Of course having 10 extra "Lucky Dogs" to pass near the end of the race didn't help matters none, either. Cars that had no business being on the lead lap.

Mark was probably the fastest car on the track at race's end, but restarted too far back to make up any ground.

Maybe 2 tires was the way to go on that last stop. He wouldn't have had that mix-up with Mayfield, for one.

I knew when Mark reached 9th and had to pass Biffle for 8th he'd never get it done. Biffle will do anything to keep someone behind him.
Biffle in the 6 you say? I'll go root for Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr. if that day ever comes.

Calif. Bronco
06-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Sorry man, but I call it like I see it, and I see Tony as nothing but a hypocrite after the Daytona deal with Kenseth. How can a person talk about how someone is going to get someone killed with aggressive driving and then turn around and run a driver off the track. That's just crap! :mad:

I agree. Last year I thought he really mellowed out a lot and I actually started to like him a little. Then comes Daytona and everything changed. I am so darn tired of hearing "Everyone knows Tony drives aggresively" or "Tony doesn't give an inch of space - they all know that" as though other drivers need to treat him differently or something. He is NACSAR's ultimate hypocrite!

SyxxSynse
06-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Dusty,
Mark can't afford miscues in the pits like he had on Sunday.

He has a good crew, but not a great one. With a great pit crew he would be contending with the 48 and 17 for the points lead. That is my opinion, however.

Of course having 10 extra "Lucky Dogs" to pass near the end of the race didn't help matters none, either. Cars that had no business being on the lead lap.

Mark was probably the fastest car on the track at race's end, but restarted too far back to make up any ground.

Maybe 2 tires was the way to go on that last stop. He wouldn't have had that mix-up with Mayfield, for one.

I knew when Mark reached 9th and had to pass Biffle for 8th he'd never get it done. Biffle will do anything to keep someone behind him.
Biffle in the 6 you say? I'll go root for Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr. if that day ever comes.

I agree about the pit crew thing. I believe in Mark and his crew, but that's two races now that tire problems in the pits cost Mark a great finish, maybe even a win. It's very disappointing to think that Mark could have two wins by now if not for the pit crew making the same mistakes.

SyxxSynse
06-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, and thanks Calif. Bronco for backing me on the Tony thing. :salute:

Calif. Bronco
06-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh, and thanks Calif. Bronco for backing me on the Tony thing. :salute:

No prob - Kasey always has Mark's back! :beer:

By the way, did you see the ESPN.com sportsnation poll today? It asks you to vote for your favorite #6. I voted for your guy but unfortunately he's in last place. Dr. J is winning!

SyxxSynse
06-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Whoops! I've slipped on my job. I've let this thread go to page 2! :eek:

Bump

Bump

and Bump Draft!

Southstander
06-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Thats it D6 you are fired!!

:D

SyxxSynse
06-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Thats it D6 you are fired!!

And who do you think you are, Donald Trump? You can't fire me, don't you know who I am?! :D

Saddletramp
06-11-2006, 04:44 PM
congrats to Denny Hamlin.
great car even wrecked.
damn good driving.
Jr., your car went to s**t, boy.

but still 6th in points so not to bad of a day. could of been better. Michigan next week.not his best track.

SyxxSynse
06-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Congrats to Denny on your first Cup points win. To be able to spin and win is a great accomplishment. Looks like there is something to this video game playing thing. :D

Southstander
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Man Gordon, went for a ride

Saddletramp
06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
YEAH he did. for a sec or two I thought he was hurt and hurt bad.

Saddletramp
06-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Congrats to Denny on your first Cup points win. To be able to spin and win is a great accomplishment. Looks like there is something to this video game playing thing. :D
His pit crew gets a hell of a lot of the credit. He pited like 11 or so times to work on it. And finall restarted 40th. Man what a hotrod.

SyxxSynse
06-12-2006, 01:01 PM

Yes he did! I'm not the biggest fan of Gordon and I certainly don't mind seeing him plow up a wall, but DAMN!! I don't like seeing any driver get hurt, so thank goodness for the HANS and soft walls! If anything good came from the death of Dale Earnhardt, it is these safety improvements, which, if not for them, I'd say Jeff would be in a serious condition right now, if not worse.

Cheers to NASCAR's safety upgrades. :salute: :beer:

Southstander
06-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Yes he did! I'm not the biggest fan of Gordon and I certainly don't mind seeing him plow up a wall, but DAMN!! I don't like seeing any driver get hurt, so thank goodness for the HANS and soft walls! If anything good came from the death of Dale Earnhardt, it is these safety improvements, which, if not for them, I'd say Jeff would be in a serious condition right now, if not worse.

Cheers to NASCAR's safety upgrades. :salute: :beer:

It also it shows just how important breaks are :eek:

SyxxSynse
06-12-2006, 01:25 PM

Well DUH!! They do make you stop. :duh:

J/K! :D

Saddletramp
06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
I am assuming you meant brakes as in car parts not rest breaks. And it also shows what happens when you break a rotor. :eek:

Southstander
06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I am assuming you meant brakes as in car parts not rest breaks. And it also shows what happens when you break a rotor. :eek:

No rest breaks, I think they should take a power nap, even 100 miles or so :goofy:

Thanks for the catch

Calif. Bronco
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM

Or "breaks" as in bad breaks (like Carl Edwards - what a bunch of bad luck that kid's had) and good breaks (like pitting just before a yellow and not getting caught on pit row).

Overall a very entertaining race yesterday. It was long but I really like that track. It seems to have a lot of room for passing and having only 3 turns is kinda cool. :beer:

Saddletramp
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Or "breaks" as in bad breaks (like Carl Edwards - what a bunch of bad luck that kid's had) and good breaks (like pitting just before a yellow and not getting caught on pit row).

Overall a very entertaining race yesterday. It was long but I really like that track. It seems to have a lot of room for passing and having only 3 turns is kinda cool. :beer:
I am starting to like Poco more and more. Wish it had a little more banking in the corners though. Like maybe 45 degrees or so. Not that is a super speedway. Woo!

SyxxSynse
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
It is definately a different track. I call it the Bermuda Triangle (it is a triangle) of NASCAR. Alot of weird stuff always happens there.

Saddletramp
06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
It is definately a different track. I call it the Bermuda Triangle (it is a triangle) of NASCAR. Alot of weird stuff always happens there.
NO doubt about that.

DBroncTD30
06-14-2006, 05:45 AM
I enjoy watching races from Pocono as well.

I wasn't pleased with Mark's run there on Sunday, however.

Pitcrew bites Mark again, only this time it was Pat Tryson's turn to play asleep at the wheel.
With 8 or 9 to go and just after a red flag stopping the race, Tryson told Mark to stay out once the pits were opened.
Big mistake. He restarted 8th, and was promptly passed by 9 of the guys who decided to pit for fresh rubber. Martin wound up 17th, and was not pleased with Tryson and Co. once it was all over.

In his defense, Tryson told Mark that usually more guys stay out, creating a cushion for Mark from the teams who put on fresh tires.

It's my opinion that when you've been running 10th to 14th all day, you take new tires whenever you can get them.

Mark and McMurray clearly didn't have the horses or chassis Biffle or Kenseth did.

Thankfully Michigan is next, but that means Biffle or Kenseth will be great there, too.

Oh, here's a little plug for Sprint.
I subscribe to Sprint's Nascar in-car audio service. It's like $4.00 a race and $15.00 for the month, or something close to that.

It does have glitches from time to time, but I've been very pleased overall.
I think there is 24 channels you can scan, 23 drivers and and an auto-scan channel that transmits all communications followed by a voice telling you the car number from the last transmission. I listen to Mark all of the time, so I'm not certain.

I turn on the tube, turn the volume down, and dial up Mark's audio.
I plug in my charger to a nearby outlet and crank up the volume on the speaker phone feature of my cell phone.

My wife and I have no complaints about Sprint's service either, if you are wondering.

SyxxSynse
06-14-2006, 06:14 AM
I enjoy watching races from Pocono as well.

I wasn't pleased with Mark's run there on Sunday, however.

Pitcrew bites Mark again, only this time it was Pat Tryson's turn to play asleep at the wheel.
With 8 or 9 to go and just after a red flag stopping the race, Tryson told Mark to stay out once the pits were opened.
Big mistake. He restarted 8th, and was promptly passed by 9 of the guys who decided to pit for fresh rubber. Martin wound up 17th, and was not pleased with Tryson and Co. once it was all over.

In his defense, Tryson told Mark that usually more guys stay out, creating a cushion for Mark from the teams who put on fresh tires.

It's my opinion that when you've been running 10th to 14th all day, you take new tires whenever you can get them.

Mark and McMurray clearly didn't have the horses or chassis Biffle or Kenseth did.

Thankfully Michigan is next, but that means Biffle or Kenseth will be great there, too.

Oh, here's a little plug for Sprint.
I subscribe to Sprint's Nascar in-car audio service. It's like $4.00 a race and $15.00 for the month, or something close to that.

It does have glitches from time to time, but I've been very pleased overall.
I think there is 24 channels you can scan, 23 drivers and and an auto-scan channel that transmits all communications followed by a voice telling you the car number from the last transmission. I listen to Mark all of the time, so I'm not certain.

I turn on the tube, turn the volume down, and dial up Mark's audio.
I plug in my charger to a nearby outlet and crank up the volume on the speaker phone feature of my cell phone.

My wife and I have no complaints about Sprint's service either, if you are wondering.

I agree that Mark should have came in the last time for tires. But, he has been consistently getting good finishes in every race even with the pit problems in the past so I'm not going to complain much. He is running well and finishing decent, but you would think he would get a Jimmie Johnson at Dover or a Denny Hamlin at Pocono kind of run at some point this year. But I don't really care. I just hope that Mark makes this chase, gets this final year over with, and gets out of the stupid Cup series where these "young guns" and other retarted drivers would rather run over you then take the time to pass you. I'm getting to where I don't even care about the Cup Series anymore, its getting too political. But I won't get into all of that now.

Saddletramp
06-14-2006, 06:45 AM
I agree that Mark should have came in the last time for tires. But, he has been consistently getting good finishes in every race even with the pit problems in the past so I'm not going to complain much. He is running well and finishing decent, but you would think he would get a Jimmie Johnson at Dover or a Denny Hamlin at Pocono kind of run at some point this year. But I don't really care. I just hope that Mark makes this chase, gets this final year over with, and gets out of the stupid Cup series where these "young guns" and other retarted drivers would rather run over you then take the time to pass you. I'm getting to where I don't even care about the Cup Series anymore, its getting too political. But I won't get into all of that now.
I think he will get at least one good run this year. I only hope when he does he doesn't put JR. any lower in the points.

SyxxSynse
06-15-2006, 02:49 PM
To those who haven't heard yet...

After telling owner Chip Ganassi he would not return to the 42 team for 2007, Casey Mears has signed a multi-year contract to drive the 25 car for Hendrick Motorsports. It is not known yet where Brian Vickers will go for '07, but it is rumored he may join the Toyota Cup program.

It was rumored earlier in the week that Dan Wheldon, Ganassi driver in the Indy series, would move to the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and take over the 42 ride vacated by Mears, but that rumor was shot down Tuesday by Chip Ganassi.

Saddletramp
06-15-2006, 03:20 PM
To those who haven't heard yet...

After telling owner Chip Ganassi he would not return to the 42 team for 2007, Casey Mears has signed a multi-year contract to drive the 25 car for Hendrick Motorsports. It is not known yet where Brian Vickers will go for '07, but it is rumored he may join the Toyota Cup program.

It was rumored earlier in the week that Dan Wheldon, Ganassi driver in the Indy series, would move to the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and take over the 42 ride vacated by Mears, but that rumor was shot down Tuesday by Chip Ganassi.
Wow. I thought I heard something to the effect Vickers may do something with Toyota also. It was either during the race or Inside Nextel Cup on speed. Dont remember which and please dont quote me on that one. It just sounds vaguely familiar is all

Southstander
06-18-2006, 12:31 PM
So far do good my boy Gordon

SyxxSynse
06-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Raindrops are fallin' on my head.

Rain, Rain, go away, come again...um...in the offseason. That doesn't rhyme. :confused:

SyxxSynse
06-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Whoops. My rain dance didn't work. Kasey Kahne is your winner at Michigan. Beat Carl Edwards out of the pits by maybe a foot when the rains came.

SyxxSynse
06-19-2006, 01:39 PM
I was browsing around YouTube today and found this video of a horrific crash that happened at Bristol a couple of years ago. Who remembers this happening? I remember Michael Waltrip had a similar wreck there several years before this occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6dgjc5cbts

Its an absolute miracle that he walked away from that! :eek:

DBroncTD30
06-24-2006, 06:11 AM
BTTT

It's race weekend.

"Pass Kurt Buschie on de left hand side" has the pole for Sunday's race.

Go 6 Go!

Southstander
07-01-2006, 02:40 PM
The Firecracker 400 (Sorry I'm a little old school) is tonight. Call it now

Southstander
07-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Anyone else besides me hope 'Smoke wiould slip and fll off of the fence

SyxxSynse
07-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Anyone else besides me hope 'Smoke wiould slip and fll off of the fence

I wouldn't go THAT far. I don't like Tony Stewart much, but he sure says some funny things sometimes.

"Pepsi may sponsor this race but Coca-Cola tastes a hell of alot better!"

:laugh:

I don't agree with him there, but its still funny. :D

Southstander
07-02-2006, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't go THAT far. I don't like Tony Stewart much, but he sure says some funny things sometimes.

"Pepsi may sponsor this race but Coca-Cola tastes a hell of alot better!"

I don't agree with him there, but its still funny. :D

LOL WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is Awsome, but then again, he is in the Coca~Cola Famliy of drivers

chiefshunny
07-02-2006, 03:11 PM

hmmmm, nice sig... :D

okay, back on topic, without me reading this whole thread, who is a Gordon fan??

Southstander
07-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm a Gordon Fan

chiefshunny
07-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm a Gordon Fan

really, no BS

SyxxSynse
07-02-2006, 04:40 PM
really, no BS

Don't hold that against him. :D

I guess you can tell by my avatar and screenname who I pull for on Sundays.

By the way, welcome to the boards chiefshunny!

Southstander
07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
really, no BS

But my all time favorite shares my b-day (Today by the way :D ) Richard Petty

chiefshunny
07-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Don't hold that against him. :D

I guess you can tell by my avatar and screenname who I pull for on Sundays.

By the way, welcome to the boards chiefshunny!

ahhh, let me guess, let me guess....MM, he is the number 6 car

I wasn't holding it against him, I am a Jeff Gordon fan, I was curious to see if he was fibbing to me... ;)

SyxxSynse
07-02-2006, 07:44 PM
I used to hate Jeff Gordon with a passion, but now, compared to ___holes like Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch, he's OK in my book.

chiefshunny
07-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I used to hate Jeff Gordon with a passion, but now, compared to ___holes like Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch, he's OK in my book.

I can't stand crybaby Stewart.... :D

Southstander
07-03-2006, 02:55 PM

How about Kurt?????

SyxxSynse
07-03-2006, 04:16 PM
How about Kurt?????

I don't think Kurt has ever really did anything to make me want to hate him. It was sicking when he said he would leave Roush and go to Penske though, what a dumb move that was. :goofy:

Southstander
07-03-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think Kurt has ever really did anything to make me want to hate him. It was sicking when he said he would leave Roush and go to Penske though, what a dumb move that was. :goofy:

Didn't he heave his helmet at Jimmy Spencer??

I heard reports of Marco Going to NASCAR, what do you think of him taking over the 6.

SyxxSynse
07-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Didn't he heave his helmet at Jimmy Spencer??

I heard reports of Marco Going to NASCAR, what do you think of him taking over the 6.

Yeah, I remember that, but I dislike Spencer more than Busch. ;)

And when you say Marco, do you mean Andretti? :confused:

Southstander
07-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I remember that, but I dislike Spencer more than Busch. ;)

And when you say Marco, do you mean Andretti? :confused:

That would be he.

PATS FAN in PA
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
gotta love the tony hater's :laugh:

SyxxSynse
07-06-2006, 05:32 AM
That would be he.

IDK. He does very well with Indy cars from what I've seen, but Indy cars and stock cars are two totally different animals. He would have to run a race or two in a stock car before I gave a definite answer to that question.

Southstander
07-06-2006, 05:43 PM
It would be a big name though

SyxxSynse
07-07-2006, 06:43 AM
It would be a big name though

True, but having a famous last name doesn't mean you have the gift. Marco seems to be the exception to the rule. But when you think of Earnhardt and Petty, you think of Dale and Richard, not Kerry and Kyle.

It still seems that Todd Kluever will be the one taking over Mark's cup car when he leaves. I have mixed emotions on this. I think I said this earlier here, but Kluever hasn't proven himself to be able to contend with the big boys in Cup. He ran one year in the Truck Series, earning twelve Top 10's and six Top 5's. That IS impressive, but I see no numbers in the win column. After only running one year in Trucks, he was moved to the Busch Series this year. So far, he has only two Top 10's. That doesn't sound like a good résumé for the Cup Series just yet.

Todd makes six starts in the Cup Series this year, starting this weekend, so we'll see how he does there and if that changes my mind.

SyxxSynse
07-09-2006, 09:36 AM
This just in...

F1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya to drive #42 Texaco Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing in 2007 Nextel Cup Series. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-montoya&prov=ap&type=lgns)

y2cragie
07-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Not a fan of JPM but this will be good for both him and NASCAR.
It'll bring perhaps some more credibility to the sport among international spectators, and it'll give JP a second chance to show he can still win.

Southstander
07-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Look like JPM is not the only former Indy driver to head to the Cup, According to ESPN's 30 30 update Danica might be headed to NASCAR next year

Bronco_f1
07-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Since Montoya is going to NASCAR, I might end up watching a few races

The Hamburgler
07-11-2006, 03:33 PM
I hope Danica goes to Nascar. :D

SyxxSynse
07-11-2006, 03:54 PM
I hope Danica goes to Nascar. :D

I hope so too. I think she would be a good addition. Plus, SHE IS HOT!! :D

Southstander
07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I hope she stays in IRL for now. Why should she come to NASCAR, when she has yhet to win in the IRL.

Southstander
07-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Danica says no to NASCAR for now....

She sign with Andretti/Green starting in the 07 season

edog24
08-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Should be a fun night race Saturday night at Bristol. Let's go Jeffie!!!

:beer: :beer:

Calif. Bronco
08-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Bristol's always fun but a little tough on the stomach for those of us whose driver's are on the bubble! I just hope the #9 qualifies well and stays up front ahead of the pack so he can avoid all the multi-car pileups that make this race so fun to watch.

edog24
08-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Bristol's always fun but a little tough on the stomach for those of us whose driver's are on the bubble! I just hope the #9 qualifies well and stays up front ahead of the pack so he can avoid all the multi-car pileups that make this race so fun to watch.

I have a feeling the 9 will make it, especially with Sadler running well and being able to help him out. I think Burton will tank and fall out of the top 10, and I would really like to see Kyle Busch miss it, I just don't think he deserves it.

Calif. Bronco
08-25-2006, 07:52 AM
I have a feeling the 9 will make it, especially with Sadler running well and being able to help him out. I think Burton will tank and fall out of the top 10, and I would really like to see Kyle Busch miss it, I just don't think he deserves it.

It's funny because I thought the same thing about Burton. If you assume 10 or the top 11 make it (meaning no one from 12-down comes through the last 3 races) I think the odd man out will be Burton. I like Kasey's chances if he runs well Saturday because he always runs well at Fontana and Richmond.

I'm curious - why don't you think the #5 "deserves" it - I can't stand the Baby Brother Weasel either (are they they whiniest family or what?) but I'm just curious why you think that way.

edog24
08-25-2006, 08:33 AM
I guess it would be because he started out with the best equipment right out of the gate with Hendrick. He really has not had to deal with a team that was not established and he really has a sense of entitlement that I don't like. I actually like Kurt more now that he is having to deal with some issues on the 2.

Calif. Bronco
09-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Went to the race yesterday and it was like a dream come true - my driver leads the most laps, wins the race, and climbs back into Chase contention! :beer:

Bring on Richmond - Saturday night is going to be wild! :coffee:

Southstander
09-04-2006, 01:29 PM
I think Saturdays race might be a snoozer, I lot of drivers will be racing for postion in the race for the chase and not to win the race, only time will tell,

GO #24
DROP Out #8

Calif. Bronco
09-05-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Saturdays race might be a snoozer, I lot of drivers will be racing for postion in the race for the chase and not to win the race, only time will tell,

GO #24
DROP Out #8

I would agree with you if this were another 2-mile track, but since it's Richmond I think there is more of a possibility of some action. I just hope one of the guys above Kasey has trouble and he can sneak in! :coffee:

Southstander
09-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Like Little E or Stewart

Southstander
09-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I would agree with you if this were another 2-mile track, but since it's Richmond I think there is more of a possibility of some action. I just hope one of the guys above Kasey has trouble and he can sneak in! :coffee:

well Stewart Dropped on out

Xtreme Bronco
09-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey guys..its been a while since I've been on here...

But wanted to get your thoughts on the race @ Dover and who are you
guys liking to win the chase.....

Even with his success I just don't see Harvick pulling it out...I think you have to watch Kenseth or Johnson....despite his finish @ New Hampshire!!!!

16milehigh87
10-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't it be something if Harvick won both the Busch and the Nextel cup? He has a possibility to do it.

Saddletramp
10-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't it be something if Harvick won both the Busch and the Nextel cup? He has a possibility to do it.that would be a travisty.

edog24
10-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Cmon Jeffy we need a win at Dega and Burton's engine to blow!

:beer:

BroncoManiac_69
03-10-2008, 07:46 AM
I was really surprised a search did not bring up NASCAR. Are there any race fans out there? :confused:

Kyle kicked butt this weekend. :rockon: Tony Stewart's post race comments were pretty heated regarded Good Year and the tires.

Peanut
03-10-2008, 08:19 AM
I wanted to start a thread about racing, but thought I'd end up talking to myself. :goofy:

Kyle has been dominate this year. He would have won NW had the tire not blown. A Kyle/Toyota trifecta. I'll be glad when he stops running Trucks (he wrecked my driver).

Tony isn't shy, is he? He wasn't the only one complaining about the tires, though. If there is a problem, and the drivers should know, I hope they correct it.

:dance: <<< Me, because someone started a racing thread.

BroncoManiac_69
03-10-2008, 08:45 AM
:cool:

Not sure why the thread title didn't stay capitalized. NASCAR :confused:

Anyway, no Tony isn't shy at all. :laugh: But he was right. Bring in Firestone.

I've always been a Bobby Labonte fan ever since I met him in Las Vegas and had lunch with him. At least he had a 12th finish yesterday. Poor guy is always in the back of the pack. LOL.

I like Tony, Kyle and Jr. too. :rockon:

Peanut
03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
My husband's a huge Labonte fan. He's never met him. We go to the races in Dover and they don't schedule too many signings. There's a rumor that he might go to RCR next year.

BaileyTheBest
03-10-2008, 09:56 AM
All I know it that it would suck to be an exec at Goodyear today. Talk about some bad publicity! :eek:

BroncoManiac_69
03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
All I know it that it would suck to be an exec at Goodyear today. Talk about some bad publicity! :eek:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure they are scrambling for some sort of response today.

The cars were all over that track yesterday. And you could see all that rubber on the track from the gopher cam.

On a side note, I thought it was odd to see so many empty seats in Atlanta. :eek:

Peanut
03-17-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm almost starting to dislike short tracks as much as I dislike restrictor-plates.

Not really, but it just ruined my two fantasy teams. :sad:

BroncoManiac_69
03-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm almost starting to dislike short tracks as much as I dislike restrictor-plates.

Not really, but it just ruined my two fantasy teams. :sad:

Our HD receiver was out this weekend and DirecTV is replacing it today. I was unable to watch the race yesterday. But I don't like these short tracks either. Bristol has to be one of my most hated tracks so missing it this week didn't bother me too much. :heh:

BroncFanIN
03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
that Bristol race was good one. Its easier to watch on TV than try and keep track on a track that short.

Of course, I love short track and restricter plate racing.
And Talledaga. Wack! Right into the wall and keep goin'! :D

redneckrocker
03-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Sweet and NASCAR tread!! Yeah I was laughing my butt off when Tony went off on Goodyear, I don't think NASCAR should go to Firestone (remember the exploding tires on Fords back in 1999!?, of coarse the fact it was Ford might have something to do with that!) Tony was a bit harsh, but I agree that race sucked on those tires.
I'm not real pleased that Kyle is doing so good after all his whinning last year about being "replaced by Jr.".
I find it surprising Hendrick ain't doing as good, but I like the fact Jr. is doing well, I just wish he'd win a regular season race, though Daytona week was awesome!

:beer: < to all my fellow rednecks!!!

Not
A real
Sport,
Center
Around
Rednecks

MileHighStud
03-25-2008, 11:38 PM
I was really surprised a search did not bring up NASCAR. Are there any race fans out there? :confused:

Kyle kicked butt this weekend. :rockon: Tony Stewart's post race comments were pretty heated regarded Good Year and the tires.

I am a huge AMA SuperBike/FormulaExtreme/SuperSport/SuperStock/World SuperBike and MotoGP Fan. I never found Nascar interesting. Going around really fast in a big circle just doesnt make any sense to me.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
03-26-2008, 01:06 PM
nascar is the devil. i tend to stay away from sports like these even though i did go to the race in las vegas.

seeing jeff gordon crash on the last laps broke my heart. thats the only driver i like.

martz11
03-30-2008, 01:39 PM
I am a huge AMA SuperBike/FormulaExtreme/SuperSport/SuperStock/World SuperBike and MotoGP Fan. I never found Nascar interesting. Going around really fast in a big circle just doesnt make any sense to me.

And jumping humps does?

BroncFanIN
03-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Good race this weekend :beer:

Hendrick motorsports re-asserted itself yesterday with all 4 car finishing in the top 10.

Hamlin had a very strong car, and has threatened the past two weeks to win.

On to Texas! :D

CHINESECHICKEN
03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Tony Stewart Is The Best Racer Ever...hes Not Afraid Of Anything I Can Kinda Picture Him As One Of Our Lbs Haha I Love The Guy...

Gordan Sux Ballz I Hate You

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
03-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Kasey Kahne is teh sex :rockon:

BroncoManiac_69
03-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Good race this weekend :beer:

Hendrick motorsports re-asserted itself yesterday with all 4 car finishing in the top 10.

Hamlin had a very strong car, and has threatened the past two weeks to win.

On to Texas! :D

Yes.... On To Texas!! These are the types of tracks I really enjoy when they can hit 200+ mph. :rockon:

Martinsville had me yawning as usual. I really don't care for those teeny weeny wittle tracks. :laugh:

I was flipping back and forth with the NCAA tourney.

I emailed my Fed Ex rep this morning and told him we need a bigger discount since Denny won yesterday. :laugh:

Peanut
03-31-2008, 08:58 PM

You know who Kasey Kahne is? :eek:

Figures. He seems to be your type.

One thing about short tracks (more Dover and Richmond) that I like. Not a bad seat in the house. You can see everything.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
You know who Kasey Kahne is? :eek:

Figures. He seems to be your type.

One thing about short tracks (more Dover and Richmond) that I like. Not a bad seat in the house. You can see everything.

:laugh: @ him being my type.

And yea I do know who he is. Hes 1 of few drivers who I know. :rockon:

martz11
04-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Tony Stewart Is The Best Racer Ever...hes Not Afraid Of Anything I Can Kinda Picture Him As One Of Our Lbs Haha I Love The Guy...

Gordan Sux Ballz I Hate You

oh boy...:rolleyes:

BroncoManiac_69
04-01-2008, 11:16 PM

Since the announcement of your pregnancy, do you actually know for sure that Jay Cutler is the father? :eek:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
04-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Since the announcement of your pregnancy, do you actually know for sure that Jay Cutler is the father? :eek:

:nono: Jays the only guy I let near that part of my body. I just... flirt a little bit. :smug: :coffee:

Peanut
04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
:nono: Jays the only guy I let near that part of my body. I just... flirt a little bit. :smug: :coffee:

:eek:

That's all I have to say about that.

Here's a crash that happened in quals today. Michael McDowell walked away from it.

Note: It's right on after the ad.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1329255514/bclid595223643/bctid1488634093

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
04-04-2008, 09:51 PM

Here's a crash that happened in quals today. Michael McDowell walked away from it.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1329255514/bclid595223643/bctid1488634093

:laugh: ...... yea sorry for those details.

But yea.. I'm not into racing much. Some people are. I know a lot of girls who are really into it. Plus I don't think my mom would like it if I had another sport that I watched each day. :eek:

BroncFanIN
04-07-2008, 09:31 AM

That was a HECK of a crash, wasnt it? And for him to walk away from it...just amazing the safety innovations with the safer barriers and the cars themselves.

Though I think they still need those barriers on the insides of the tracks walls. That lick that Yeley took yesterday on the inside wall was pretty hard.

Overall, Texas was a good race. My boy Jimmie came in 2nd. Much improvement since the Easter break. :beer:

Bad race for Gordon. I know Jimmie and Jeff share the same garage...I was amazed their cars performed so differently in that race. It looks like Knaus and Co. have gotten a handle on the 1 1/2 tracks...

Peanut
04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
That was a HECK of a crash, wasnt it? And for him to walk away from it...just amazing the safety innovations with the safer barriers and the cars themselves.

Though I think they still need those barriers on the insides of the tracks walls. That lick that Yeley took yesterday on the inside wall was pretty hard.

Overall, Texas was a good race. My boy Jimmie came in 2nd. Much improvement since the Easter break. :beer:

Bad race for Gordon. I know Jimmie and Jeff share the same garage...I was amazed their cars performed so differently in that race. It looks like Knaus and Co. have gotten a handle on the 1 1/2 tracks...

I'm just glad the crash happened during quals when there were no other cars out.

You can thank me for Johnson's good run. I dropped him from one of my fantasy teams. Want someone to wreck? Tell me and I'll put him on my team. That will ensure a 30+ finish. :P

BroncoManiac_69
04-07-2008, 01:10 PM

That was an awesome crash! :rockon:

:heh:

And Jeff wasn't too happy either. He brought up the tire issue again.

So congrats to Carl and his back flip. :laugh:

I really like the segment of Crank It Up! :rockon:

Lap 117 they let it go for almost a whole minute! LOL.

Off to Phoenix....

Peanut
04-07-2008, 01:22 PM
That was an awesome crash! :rockon:

:heh:

Oh, you're one of those. :P

It was awesome because he walked away. ;)

BroncoManiac_69
04-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Oh, you're one of those. :P

It was awesome because he walked away. ;)

He flipped what... 8 times?

And seeing him walk away totally OK, makes the crash that more incredible. The safety features installed in the cars these days are awesome.

Yeah.... I'm one of those. :D

BroncoManiac_69
04-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm sure many were involved watching the draft but not me....

Talladega Baby!! WHAT A RACE!!! Congrats to Kyle for being a lap down only to come back and win it.

Denny sure got the shaft. :laugh: He was helping push people all day only to get left behind when it counted. I thought somebody would team up with him.

That was some excitement right there. The Alabama crowd got their money's worth. Tally is one of my most favorite tracks. :rockon:

And the wreck that never was. :eek: AMAZING!!

Richmond this Saturday Night under the lights. Back to a smaller track this week. :sad:

Peanut
04-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey, BM_69. You were watching the 'draft' yesterday. :D

Okay. Sorry. That was bad.

I was doing both. Watching the race and keeping an eye on the draft.

Usually, I don't like plate racing, but it was good. I'm afraid to look at my fantasy teams, though.

Poor Denny.

I like Richmond. Should be fun.

Peerless
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Nascar? "Shiver"

BroncoManiac_69
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey, BM_69. You were watching the 'draft' yesterday. :D

Okay. Sorry. That was bad.

I was doing both. Watching the race and keeping an eye on the draft.

Usually, I don't like plate racing, but it was good. I'm afraid to look at my fantasy teams, though.

Poor Denny.

I like Richmond. Should be fun.

:laugh: Yeah, the draft was on a few channels. :goofy:

That boost they get when pairing up like that is incredible. :rockon:

I'm not sure if I'll see the race this week being Saturday night. :confused:

Peanut
04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Nascar? "Shiver"

:cheeky:

Peanut
05-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Good race Saturday. Kyle Busch is not making himself very popular.

http://www.jayski.com/teams/adam/adampettycom.jpg
We lost Adam Petty 8 years ago

BroncoManiac_69
05-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Kyle is the new most hated driver, making Jr. crash like that. :eek:

I've missing these Saturday night races. :goofy:

Southstander
05-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Kahan, won the Winton...err The All Star Race. He is the first fan voted in driver to win it:beer: <Budweiser

Peanut
05-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Kahan, won the Winton...err The All Star Race. He is the first fan voted in driver to win it:beer: <Budweiser

Too bad he can't share that million with the fans. ;)

Southstander
05-18-2008, 02:12 PM
That would rock:rockon:

What is wrong with Jeff Gordon recently, it always seems wheen ever a team gets a new driver like Hendrick did with Little Dale, one of the other drivers has to take one for the team and suffers in track

Peanut
05-19-2008, 08:16 AM
That would rock:rockon:

What is wrong with Jeff Gordon recently, it always seems wheen ever a team gets a new driver like Hendrick did with Little Dale, one of the other drivers has to take one for the team and suffers in track

Tires. Johnson and Gordon are having trouble adjusting to the new tires. At least, that's what I've heard.

Southstander
05-19-2008, 10:57 AM
and we know how Tony Stewet feels about the tires

Southstander
05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
ESPN is reporting that Helio Castroneves is thinking of jumping to NASCAR.

Calif. Bronco
05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
How about that 9 car tonight!!!!!!!! :rockon::rockon:

After a year-and-a-half it looks like they're finally getting it together over at Evernham! :coffee:

BTW, as one of the fans who put Kasey in the race last week, I'm all for his sharing the million bucks ;)

Peanut
05-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I've got Kahne on one of my fantasy teams, so I'm happy.

What the heck was going on with tires at the end?

Calif. Bronco
05-25-2008, 09:40 PM
What the heck was going on with tires at the end?

I don't know, but I'm sure if they had interviewed Tony Stewart he would have told us ;):laugh:

Bronco_Armada
05-27-2008, 10:20 PM
I have pics of the indy 500, I got to go down in the pit.

Left sat. night got back tonight.

Will post pics when film get developed.

Peanut
05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I have pics of the indy 500, I got to go down in the pit.

Left sat. night got back tonight.

Will post pics when film get developed.

Cool. Southstander has a thread about the 500.

Southstander
05-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Please do.

Peanut
05-28-2008, 09:41 PM
We're going to Dover tomorrow for truck practice and to meet up with some friends from Syracuse, NY. We go back Friday for truck quals, Cup practice and quals and the truck race. Can't wait to smell burning rubber and hear the roar of the engines!!

Check this (http://www.doverspeedway.com/fanzone/slideshow.php?ids=7243:7244:7245:7256:7247:7259:72 60:7255:7261:7257:7248:7249:7258:7250:7262:7251:72 52:7253&num=1:18&gallery_id=178&gal_name=Jeff+Gordon+visits+Dover+for+Monster+Monu ment+dedication+ceremony+%28May+14%2C+2008%29) out. This is Miles the Monster and that is a full-size stock car in his hand. Awesome!

Southstander
05-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Have a good time, I wish the Upper ups here in Denver, would pull their head out of you know where a build a track here

Peanut
06-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks, SS. Had a great time. Skinner finished 7th, which is pretty good considering the troubles he had.

Here's Miles again. I didn't take this one. It's from the dedication ceremonies with Jeff Gordon.

http://doverspeedway.com/images/dover/200805/7258.f.jpg

BroncoManiac_69
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I like the Monster. :rockon:

I finally was able to see a race this weekend. :laugh: Well, at least most of it.

Kyle sure has a huge following of people that love him. :laugh:

Peanut
06-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I like the Monster. :rockon:

I finally was able to see a race this weekend. :laugh: Well, at least most of it.

Kyle sure has a huge following of people that love him. :laugh:

I love Dover! It's such a great track. That first wreck, though, took out 5 of my drivers from 2 fantasy teams.

Kyle has replaced Gordon as the most hated/loved driver. Even the people who don't like him, like to watch him race.

Note about the Monster Monument: the small black squares at the base have the names of winners engraved on it.

Toyota trifecta!

Peanut
06-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Kyle's the first driver to do 3 races in 3 different locations. I know you all are thrilled with that. :P

On to Michigan!

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Nascar ugh it's everywhere around here because Ryan Newman(?) grew up in South Bend, Indiana. I just want to go up to him and pee on his car rims. :halo:

Peanut
06-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Nationwide race:

Like him or not, Kyle can drive. 43rd to 1st in 40 laps.

Joey Lagano---great driver and a nice guy. It's not all hype.

Southstander
06-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Little Dale won his fist race for Hendrick, and brooke his streak:salute:

Peanut
06-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Yay, for Jr. I'm not a huge Jr fan, but it was nice to see. If it had stayed green, he would have run out of fuel.

Infineon/Sears Point next week. I love road courses. I use to live 10 minutes from this track. I've been there, but not for a race. There's some drivers that are getting pretty good on the road.

Peanut
06-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Have a good time, I wish the Upper ups here in Denver, would pull their head out of you know where a build a track here

ISC claims it is still interested in Denver: It's been 16 months since International Speedway Corporation announced that it was evaluating the possibility of building a national-level motrosports facility in the Denver area that would be capable of hosting a Sprint Cup race. Nothing has happened since ISC revealed its intentions and now there's a strong feeling that the company that owns 11 tracks that host Sprint Cup races is no longer actively pursuing a track in the Denver area. Wes Harris, senior director of Corporate and Investor Communications for ISC, claims that's not the case. "I wouldn't consider it dead," Harris said of the possiblity of building a Denver-area track. "We are still interested in the market." Harris admits progress has been slow because ISC is seeking to develop a public/private partership, work out a way to find a possible date on the jam-packed Sprint Cup schedule, find land to build the track and convince local authorities of the advantages of having a track. "The process itself is slow but we have not lost interest from ourselves or the people in the market," Harris said. "The key is getting something done with a public/private partnership rather than finding land. We need a public/private partnership. "The market is very important. We want to be in that market. We want to be racing there in the future but we are going to take our time."(Rocky Mountain News)(6-19-2008)

Peanut
06-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Not NASCAR, but...

Prayers to the family and friends of Scott Kalitta, driver in Funny Car series in the NHRA.

RIP

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/nhra/news/story?id=3455554)

Southstander
06-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Amen may God be with their family

Southstander
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Kurt Bush wins a rain shortened race in NH.

Peanut
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Montoya only gets a two lap penalty after he admits he deliberately took Busch out? He got off pretty easy.

Poor Stewart. Things are not going well for him this year.

If he goes to the #5 when his contract is over, how's that for teammates? :eek: I see a split:

Gordon/Johnson vs Earnhardt/Stewart.

Peanut
06-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Randy Moss is starting a new truck team, #81 of course. That's good. We need more teams. Some weeks they can't fill the field.

Linky (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other_sports/auto_racing/view/2008_06_30_Pats__Moss_starts_engine/srvc=sports&position=recent)

Southstander
06-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Montoya only gets a two lap penalty after he admits he deliberately took Busch out? He got off pretty easy.

Poor Stewart. Things are not going well for him this year.

If he goes to the #5 when his contract is over, how's that for teammates? :eek: I see a split:

Gordon/Johnson vs Earnhardt/Stewart.

Wow that would be a powerhouse.

Peanut
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Well, Dario Franchitti is out of a ride. Sponsorship woes. He really hasn't done too well in NASCAR. The thing I remember most about him in the IRL are his two bad back-to-back crashes. Especially the second one. He literally ran up and over the car in front of him. That was slowing down... Because the race was over....He said he didn't know the race was over. :goofy: Think maybe the crash the week before affected him?

Peanut
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Brickyard 400. That was the worst 'racing' I have ever seen.

6 competition cautions?

What a joke.

Southstander
07-28-2008, 10:23 AM
and for it to happen at the Brickyard off all races. NASCAR needs to get their buts in gear and fix the tire problem that has plagued this year. They said yesterday in the past that they would have a diffrent level of pressure in the tires at the start of the race that way as the right rear takes in more of the load durring the race it becomes more ballenced. Now they have to start of with all the tires at the same pressure, which cause an the tire so become imballenced.

BroncoManiac_69
07-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Brickyard 400. That was the worst 'racing' I have ever seen.

6 competition cautions?

What a joke.

You're right on the money here.

I haven't seen many races as of late, but I was able to catch part of this one and got fed up with it.

y2cragie
07-28-2008, 04:05 PM
11 cautions, of which 9 maybe 10 were competition yellows.
Pathetic showing from goodyear, and no matter how NASCAR want to spin it, there was no excuse for it.

NASCAR should have left the last 50 laps up to the teams, by this time they knew exactly what was going to happen, and it would have made the teams and drivers decide how badly they wanted to risk everything.
All race the waffled on about indy being the place you risk it all to win, and what we got was 10 short sprint races of which only 1 mattered, which amounted to 8 laps of racing.
if indycars can run flat out at 220mph with huge cornering forces and downforce putting stupid amounts of presure on a tyre for 40 laps, I fail to see why Goodyear cant bring a tyre that will last 15 laps, especially as this happens every year.

Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
11 cautions, of which 9 maybe 10 were competition yellows.
Pathetic showing from goodyear, and no matter how NASCAR want to spin it, there was no excuse for it.

NASCAR should have left the last 50 laps up to the teams, by this time they knew exactly what was going to happen, and it would have made the teams and drivers decide how badly they wanted to risk everything.
All race the waffled on about indy being the place you risk it all to win, and what we got was 10 short sprint races of which only 1 mattered, which amounted to 8 laps of racing.
if indycars can run flat out at 220mph with huge cornering forces and downforce putting stupid amounts of presure on a tyre for 40 laps, I fail to see why Goodyear cant bring a tyre that will last 15 laps, especially as this happens every year.

That's what I couldn't understand. So what if the track eventually 'rubbers up'. Fact is, they have trouble with the tires. They knew the COT was harsh on right sides. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Longest consecutive green flag laps---12? :eek:

I felt sorry for the people who paid all that money to watch such a pitiful 'race'. I would be yelling for a refund (wouldn't get it, but I would feel better :P ).

Southstander
07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
NASCAR is very lucky that no one got hurt in a serious accident do to the tires.

y2cragie
07-29-2008, 12:32 PM
NASCAR is very lucky that no one got hurt in a serious accident do to the tires.

Nascar is lucky no one got hurt due to the fans being upset. I suppose the only plus was at least pleanty of chances for toilet and beer breaks.

Peanut
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Nascar is lucky no one got hurt due to the fans being upset. I suppose the only plus was at least pleanty of chances for toilet and beer breaks.

Well, Hamlin had a beer can in his grill. Someone got mad. :P

Peanut
08-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Well, NASCAR finally did it. Let the cars run in the rain on a road course (NW). Props to them for that. But, I think they should let the teams be 'big boys' and let them decide when to change to rain tires and when to change back to slicks instead of calling competition cautions. As it turned out, they never went back to slicks. And, I thought it was funny that the rain tires were 7 years old.

EDIT: I thought this was funny:

Carl Edwards (http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/2008/08/02/nws.mon.three.nascar/index.html?MostPopular)

Southstander
08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I hope Edwards gets a "Swiffer" deal out of this.

AZ Snake Fan
08-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Well, NASCAR finally did it. Let the cars run in the rain on a road course (NW). Props to them for that. But, I think they should let the teams be 'big boys' and let them decide when to change to rain tires and when to change back to slicks instead of calling competition cautions. As it turned out, they never went back to slicks. And, I thought it was funny that the rain tires were 7 years old.

Carl Edwards (http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/2008/08/02/nws.mon.three.nascar/index.html?MostPopular)

That was really funny BFMD !!! :laugh:

I'm not positive, but I think that all vehicles in competition must have the exact same tire.

So when the officials call for a change of rubber, everyone has to do it.

For example, if NASCAR had decided to go with the Pocono tires at Indy if some of the teams ran out of Indy tires, they would throw a yelow and all teams would have had to switch to the Pocono tire.

Same goes with the rain tire.
All teams should have to switch at the same time so that competition is equal.

It was cool to see some rooster tails at the Nation Wide in Cananadada !

btw, I stayed awake through the whole Pocono race ! :cheers:

Peanut
08-05-2008, 08:53 AM
That was really funny BFMD !!! :laugh:

I'm not positive, but I think that all vehicles in competition must have the exact same tire.

So when the officials call for a change of rubber, everyone has to do it.

For example, if NASCAR had decided to go with the Pocono tires at Indy if some of the teams ran out of Indy tires, they would throw a yelow and all teams would have had to switch to the Pocono tire.

Same goes with the rain tire.
All teams should have to switch at the same time so that competition is equal.

It was cool to see some rooster tails at the Nation Wide in Cananadada !

btw, I stayed awake through the whole Pocono race ! :cheers:

I think you're right about the tires. I can understand with the situation at Indy, but I disagree with them doing it on road courses. It's part of racing.

I think it was Ambrose's CC who was upset. He said that NASCAR told the teams at the drivers' meeting that they would leave it up to the teams to make the decision when to go back to slicks. He said it messed up their game plan. Not that it mattered, since they never went back to slicks and Ambrose took himself out by speeding on pit road.

I'm proud of you for staying awake through Pocono! :D

If it rains at Watkins Glen, think they'll let the big boys race in the rain?

I love road courses! :D

y2cragie
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I think you're right about the tires. I can understand with the situation at Indy, but I disagree with them doing it on road courses. It's part of racing.

I think it was Ambrose's CC who was upset. He said that NASCAR told the teams at the drivers' meeting that they would leave it up to the teams to make the decision when to go back to slicks. He said it messed up their game plan. Not that it mattered, since they never went back to slicks and Ambrose took himself out by speeding on pit road.

I'm proud of you for staying awake through Pocono! :D

If it rains at Watkins Glen, think they'll let the big boys race in the rain?

I love road courses! :D
I have to agree with you 100%, the best drivers in the world have proven themselves in wet races by driving on rain tyres on a dry track as long as possible and by driving on a wet track in dry tyres longer than others.

Nascar wont race in the rain at watkins glen sadly. I believe Montreal was used as a tester for the future.

Southstander
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't know if I would want NASCAR to race in the rain, sure it could be entertaining. My major concern would be the safty of the drivers. I know that they race in F1 racing, but there are lot of difference betwen the two cars. Can you imagine what could go wrong when a race has "The Big One" on a rain soaked track.

Peanut
08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know if I would want NASCAR to race in the rain, sure it could be entertaining. My major concern would be the safty of the drivers. I know that they race in F1 racing, but there are lot of difference betwen the two cars. Can you imagine what could go wrong when a race has "The Big One" on a rain soaked track.

SS, they were going so slow Saturday, no one would have gotten hurt. ;)

And, I think that there's more protection in a stockcar than in an open-wheeler. Could be wrong. Just my opinion.

y2cragie
08-06-2008, 04:18 AM

While in a way I agree with you as safety is important. The fact is, Nascars are now so safe there is little to worry about. The biggest problem facing the car is the size of the tyres in relation to the size of the car. They are tiny. Which in turn means they would not clear the water from the track, and also struggle to give any grip at all, but then on the other side, that means they will be going slowly anyway and would challenge the drivers to drive to their full ability. I constantly hear how Jimmie Johnson is supposed to be one of the best drivers in the world, and how nascar drivers are at the top level of motorsport for talent. And while I wont argue these guys are good, I think myself and the rest of the world, still struggle to accept them as "top level" when the series they race for refuse to run in the rain. Ovals are fine, too dangerous regardless, but road courses, no excuse.
It's difficult to compair these to F1 cars as far as rain is concerned, by design F1 tyres are there to do one thing, and that is clear the water from the track, I dont remember the exact number, but a single tyre can clear quite a few gallons of water per minute. So 4 of them can create a dry line fairly quickly in all but the heaviest of rain. However in contrast to a nascar which is big and heavy, the design of an F1 car means it needs to drive fast to have any grip, which in rain is difficult, and results in the car aquaplaning for most of the lap. Which is a huge safety risk in itself, also no windscreen wipers and no vision.
Hopefully NASCAR will head towards rain races in the future, and Goodyear can provide a tyre that is capable of safely being used. If they cant, Bridgestone/Firestone can, Michelin can and I know Avon can maybe it would be time for nascar to consider letting goodyear go after the incidents of this year.

y2cragie
08-07-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_IfM5X7QIU

cool video from a few years ago, Gordon does really well to be honest.

Southstander
08-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I can never understand all the hatred towards Gordon.

Peanut
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_IfM5X7QIU

cool video from a few years ago, Gordon does really well to be honest.

I remember that. Gordon's pretty good on road courses.

Well, saw the following today. Not surprised.

No rain tires for Cup, but maybe NNS: As of Wednesday, forecasters were saying that there was a 50% chance of rain for Saturday’s Nationwide Series race at Watkins Glen and a 40% chance for Sunday’s Sprint Cup race. Could more history be written this weekend? Not in the Sprint Cup series. NASCAR officials have torpedoed the chances for that. NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter on Wednesday laid out the guidelines for racing on wet pavement. “We’ll likely continue to use rain tires in Nationwide Series road course races, but not in Sprint Cup,” Hunter said. “We have the flexibility to reschedule postponed Cup races to Monday, or even Tuesday, something we can’t do with our other national series.”(Kansas City Star)(8-7-2008)

y2cragie
08-10-2008, 02:05 PM
the driver of the 00 needs his license tearing up, and banning from motorsport.
I've never seen such a blatant case of driving someone off the track in my life (and thats coming from and schumacher fan:rolleyes:) And not only that but it was in a place that could have killed mechanics in the pit lane. Let alone the guys in the cars.

Peanut
08-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Totally agree. Even if the #38 and #00 had 'issues' for a few turns before that. They were 'invited' to the trailer.

Hope Labonte is okay. He's my husband's favorite driver.

y2cragie
08-10-2008, 02:47 PM
if the both of them were fighting before, they both need removing from nascar.

Southstander
08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I did not see the race or the incident, so I can't make a comment, but if it is a bad as you all say it is, I would have to agree.

AZ Snake Fan
08-11-2008, 05:44 AM
if the both of them were fighting before, they both need removing from nascar.

NASCAR officials will comb all the tapes, interview all the principals involved and announce any fines, sanctions, penalties, and suspensions deemed necessary, usually in a very timely manner, and usually prior to the next cup race.

NASCAR is very safety conscious and enforces a zero tolerance policy for driver and crew infractions.

NASCAR will take into consideration the events leading up to an incident. The old saying in the NFL is the last guy that retaliates gets the yellow flag. Not necessarily so in NASCAR.

y2cragie
08-11-2008, 06:28 AM
I hope so mate.
Mid corner with half the pack behind you is not the place to settle problems.
Either wait till your alone on track and with pleanty of room or just finish the race and drop the gloves there*

*remember not to punch the guy till he's taken off his helmet, cant count the number of times I've seen racing drivers punch someone with a helmet on and end up breaking their hand.:D

BroncoManiac_69
08-11-2008, 12:02 PM

I was so into the Olympics, that I didn't watch but just a small portion of the race. I don't really care for the track at Watkins Glen. Seems like more Indy racing to me in a stock car. But I guess that's the whole idea? :confused:

AZ Snake Fan
08-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Racing Hard

After the race NASCAR summoned both Gilliland and McDowell to the series hauler, where the two drivers watched a replay of the accident. "He said he didn't really realize I was on the outside of him, and just kind of came up and put us in the wall," said Gilliland, who added that he was sore but otherwise OK. "It was a disappointing ending to a decent day we had going."

McDowell's take: "Him and I were racing hard, and I got underneath him going in there. He pretty much came down like I wasn't there. I tried to back out of it not to get into him, but he went wide, so I kept the momentum up. It almost seemed like he tried to come back at me for getting a little bit wide, but after watching it, it looked like it was a racing deal, and it wasn't anything blatant. It just turned into a big mess with all the other cars that got caught up into it. I'm just glad that David's all right, and everybody could walk away."

The post-race meeting was evidently a precaution, NASCAR's way of making sure the two drivers didn't take any sort of beef to Michigan next week. They won't.

"We raced around each other all day, and never touched each other, never nothing," Gilliland said. "Just one of those deals. Everybody, I think, gets a little impatient there at the end of a race, and it's just a shame it had to happen."
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/11/dgilliland.mmcdowell.blabonte.wreck.theglen/1.html

In Related News…. :

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nascar/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/12/mskinner.replaces.mmcdowell.michigan/skinner.540.jpg
Mike Swap

Michael McDowell is temporarily out of the No. 00 and Mike Skinner is in for the next three races to try and get the car inside the top 35 of owner points.

Hmmmm…..

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/12/mskinner.replaces.mmcdowell.michigan/index.html

Peanut
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Racing Hard

After the race NASCAR summoned both Gilliland and McDowell to the series hauler, where the two drivers watched a replay of the accident. "He said he didn't really realize I was on the outside of him, and just kind of came up and put us in the wall," said Gilliland, who added that he was sore but otherwise OK. "It was a disappointing ending to a decent day we had going."

McDowell's take: "Him and I were racing hard, and I got underneath him going in there. He pretty much came down like I wasn't there. I tried to back out of it not to get into him, but he went wide, so I kept the momentum up. It almost seemed like he tried to come back at me for getting a little bit wide, but after watching it, it looked like it was a racing deal, and it wasn't anything blatant. It just turned into a big mess with all the other cars that got caught up into it. I'm just glad that David's all right, and everybody could walk away."

The post-race meeting was evidently a precaution, NASCAR's way of making sure the two drivers didn't take any sort of beef to Michigan next week. They won't.

"We raced around each other all day, and never touched each other, never nothing," Gilliland said. "Just one of those deals. Everybody, I think, gets a little impatient there at the end of a race, and it's just a shame it had to happen."
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/11/dgilliland.mmcdowell.blabonte.wreck.theglen/1.html

In Related News…. :

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nascar/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/12/mskinner.replaces.mmcdowell.michigan/skinner.540.jpg
Mike Swap

Michael McDowell is temporarily out of the No. 00 and Mike Skinner is in for the next three races to try and get the car inside the top 35 of owner points.

Hmmmm…..

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/12/mskinner.replaces.mmcdowell.michigan/index.html

It'll be nice if he can help the #00 like he seemed to have helped the #84.

And, it's just a coincidence, right?

Peanut
09-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Skinner wins!!!

Against a Roush truck. :smug:

Off to Dover tomorrow to watch the big boys race.

Southstander
09-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I wish Gordon would get it into gear, and start winning again. My other two hopes to take the Cup are Johnson and Edwards.

Peanut
09-24-2008, 10:42 PM
I wish Gordon would get it into gear, and start winning again. My other two hopes to take the Cup are Johnson and Edwards.

I agree, Gordon needs to win a few.

I don't really care who wins the championship, as long as it's not a Roush driver. Sorry, not a fan of Roush (they need to dyno his engines after the 1-2-3 finish).

Southstander
09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
What do you have against Rouch/Fenway?

Southstander
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Jimmie Johnson wins in Kansas.

Southstander
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
For Jimmie Johnson to win the Cup he needs to finish:

36th or better
37th or better if he leads a lap
39th or better if he leads the most laps

And their are only 43 cars in the field, so unless something really odd happens Jimmie will be only the second man to ever win three Cups in a row. :salute:

AZ Snake Fan
11-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Yep, I'm a redneck !

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8323/pir1cp4.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6531/pir2tx8.jpg
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9708/pir3st7.jpg
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9682/pir4us2.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9776/pir5ip5.jpg

Maybe next year Junior !

I hope no one wrecks JJ in Homestead !

Southstander
11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Jeff-Gordon.jpg

Peanut
11-10-2008, 11:49 PM

I don't like some of the comments Roush has made. He complains---instead of raising his game, he wants to lower others' performances. Now he wants a 'mulligan' in the Chase.

Great pictures, AZ! How did you like that rain delay?

Junior has a good chance next year. He's hungry for it.

AZ Snake Fan
11-11-2008, 08:55 AM

Three letters: FORD

BFMD, RD wasn't bad, mean tail wind though !
No problem, we've had lights here for a couple years now !

Southstander
11-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Three letters: FORD

BFMD, RD wasn't bad, mean tail wind though !
No problem, we've had lights here for a couple years now !

Isn't Ford FOUR letters.:confused::laugh:

besides

Ford stands for First On Race Day

AZ Snake Fan
11-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Isn't Ford FOUR letters.:confused::laugh:

besides

Ford stands for First On Race Day

Sorry.
It was a "joe" joke.

I'll always be a chevy guy(hope that they keep making them :eek:).

The only Ford driver that I like is that backflippin' Cousin Carl. You can't help but like him.

:cheers:

Southstander
11-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry.
It was a "joe" joke.

I'll always be a chevy guy(hope that they keep making them :eek:).

The only Ford driver that I like is that backflippin' Cousin Carl. You can't help but like him.

:cheers:

It's cool bro. Funny thing is the olny cars I've ever own are Mustangs, my Favorite (Current) driver is Jeff Gordon, and I love the old Mopar. So I don't know if I'm comming or going.

Peanut
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
I wonder what the teams think about this and how it's going to affect performance next year?

NASCAR has banned all testing at its sanctioned tracks next season in an effort to help teams save several million dollars in their 2009 budgets. The moratorium, which includes the traditional "preseason" Daytona 500 testing, is for all three of NASCAR's top divisions. Teams will not be permitted to test at any track where a Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series or Truck Series event is held. NASCAR informed teams of its decision Friday morning at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The decision is an about-face from just a few months ago, when NASCAR was considering widening the testing schedule to as many as 24 days at any track.(Associated Press)(11-14-2008)

AZ Snake Fan
11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I wonder what the teams think about this and how it's going to affect performance next year?

I guess they'll have to test the old fashioned way --- on the backroads of NC !

Seriously, in the old days, they used to race "stock" cars with real chrome bumpers and headlights ! They would drive their cars all the way from North Carolina to Daytona Beach and race on the sand !

NASCAR is high tech now, but there is still a little bit of the old moonshiner spirit !

Peanut
11-15-2008, 12:25 AM
I guess they'll have to test the old fashioned way --- on the backroads of NC !

Seriously, in the old days, they used to race "stock" cars with real chrome bumpers and headlights ! They would drive their cars all the way from North Carolina to Daytona Beach and race on the sand !

NASCAR is high tech now, but there is still a little bit of the old moonshiner spirit !

From what everyone is saying today, they like it. Less expenses, more personal time, won't affect anything. Unless they're all being NC (NASCAR Correct, like PC--sorry, it's late :P ).

Congratulations to Johnny Benson and BDR!!!

What a race.

Southstander
11-15-2008, 08:04 PM

That will help with the tire issues.:rolleyes:

Southstander
11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
http://nascar.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5445515dt.jpg

Peanut
11-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Congrats Johnson and team!

Southstander
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
What is scary is he can get his fourth next year.

Peanut
11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
89 days until the Daytona 500!

:rockon:

Overtime
11-18-2008, 12:54 PM
89 days until the Daytona 500!

:rockon:

Thank God! 3 months without boring old racing.

but hell, it is a good sleep aid on Sundays...when you need that afternoon nap just turn the race on...and off to lala land I go!

Southstander
11-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Thank God! 3 months without boring old racing.

but hell, it is a good sleep aid on Sundays...when you need that afternoon nap just turn the race on...and off to lala land I go!

You have to be one of the biggest jerks to join in a long time. If you don't like NASCAR that's fine, but don't come in here and popoff. No one cares that you don't like it.

Peanut
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Talk about 'silly season'! :eek:

Southstander
01-07-2009, 12:18 PM
I heard something very intresting while watching the hightlights of the Barrett Jackson Auction on New Years day.

There are rumors the Nationwide Series might start to run the New Mustang, New Challenger and New Camero body styles with in the next few years.

Peanut
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
That would be cool.

No more Petty Enterprises, no more BDR. NASCAR without Petty? :sad:

Just found out today that my driver doesn't have a ride. Husband's driver lost his a couple of weeks ago.

Not happy with the 'corporate take overs'. I know racing is a business, but they're taking the heart out of it.

Guess I'll be pulling for Logano and Kyle Busch (yes, Kyle). I might even become a Jr fan. :eek:

Southstander
01-07-2009, 02:24 PM
That would be cool.

No more Petty Enterprises, no more BDR. NASCAR without Petty? :sad:

Just found out today that my driver doesn't have a ride. Husband's driver lost his a couple of weeks ago.

Not happy with the 'corporate take overs'. I know racing is a business, but they're taking the heart out of it.

Guess I'll be pulling for Logano and Kyle Busch (yes, Kyle). I might even become a Jr fan. :eek:

I'm heartbroken about Petty.

I could NEVER pull for either of the Buschs or any on behind the wheel of a Toyota.

Southstander
01-23-2009, 04:49 PM
We are only a few weeks from the twin 150's

Southstander
02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
One week till the Daytona 500.

COME ON JEFF GORDON!! THIS IS THE YEAR YOU GET #5

getlynched47
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
NASCAR is the only sport that is easy to follow while hammered.

Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks
N A S C A R

Southstander
02-08-2009, 11:20 PM
NASCAR is the only sport that is easy to follow while hammered.

Non-Athletic-Sport-Centered-Around-Rednecks
N A S C A R

If you do not think they are athletes you are EXTREMLY STUPID!!!!!

Two you main point you forgot about Golf, Bowling, Soccer.

Heck there really is not a sport that you cannot follow while drunk.

If you do not like it that is fine, DO NOT POST IN HERE! No one cares about your uninformed Opinion.

getlynched47
02-08-2009, 11:26 PM
If you do not think they are athletes you are EXTREMLY STUPID!!!!!

Two you main point you forgot about Golf, Bowling, Soccer.

Heck there really is not a sport that you cannot follow while drunk.

If you do not like it that is fine, DO NOT POST IN HERE! No one cares about your uninformed Opinion.

:eek: jeez i was just kidding. . . . . . .:eek:

Southstander
02-08-2009, 11:35 PM
:eek: jeez i was just kidding. . . . . . .:eek:

Kidding or not my point still stands.

kmcgough25
02-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I went to the Bud Shootout Saturday night w/ my son. Man, there were alot of cautions....Not sure if I'm going to the Twins...it will be a lst minute decision.

Before the Shootout, my boy and I met Kevin Harvick. He just casually walked over where some kids were and started shaking their hands and thanking them for coming out and supporting racing.

That was VERY cool of him (it was when they were lining up the cars on pit road.) He was the only driver that I saw do that, although I wasn't there in the infield the whole time.

Southstander
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I am very excited for Sunday. On a side note, I think the commericals in the Daytona 500 are better then the ones during the Super Bowl

Southstander
02-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Congrats Matt!!!!!!

Jack Roush gets his first Daytona 500 wins.:salute:

Peerless
02-16-2009, 07:56 PM
The Daytona 500 is like the Super Bowl I've heard.. the SB for Nascar.

What in the hell kind of championship ends due to rain? At least make the rest of the race up another day....

Damn..

Southstander
02-16-2009, 08:09 PM
The Daytona 500 is like the Super Bowl I've heard.. the SB for Nascar.

What in the hell kind of championship ends due to rain? At least make the rest of the race up another day....

Damn..

No, the Super Bowl is the Daytona 500 of the NFL.

If the Race had not reached lap 100 they would have made up the race another day.

Also the Daytona does not detimin the Sprint Cup Champion, so you question is an invalid one. Think of how many Baseball games have ened due to weather.

Peerless
02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
No, the Super Bowl is the Daytona 500 of the NFL.

If the Race had not reached lap 100 they would have made up the race another day.

Also the Daytona does not detimin the Sprint Cup Champion, so you question is an invalid one. Think of how many Baseball games have ened due to weather.

I know a baseball championship game has NEVER ended due to bad weather....

Southstander
02-16-2009, 08:40 PM
I know a baseball championship game has NEVER ended due to bad weather....

Neither has a race that will decide a NASCAR CAR CHAMPION. The Daytona is not what decides the Sprit Cup title. It never has and it never will.

The Reason the say it is "The Super Bowl" of Nascar, is because it is the biggest event of the year in NASCAR racing. Just like the Super Bowl is the Biggest event in football.

To a certian degree it is just a race, it does not influence the Sprint Cup winner more then any other race. That is why I mentioned a regular season baseball game being rained out.

And you are VERY wrong about a Champoinship game being played till there is a winner. In the first ever World Series a game ended in a tie.

Peerless
02-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Neither has a race that will decide a NASCAR CAR CHAMPION. The Daytona is not what decides the Sprit Cup title. It never has and it never will.

The Reason the say it is "The Super Bowl" of Nascar, is because it is the biggest event of the year in NASCAR racing. Just like the Super Bowl is the Biggest event in football.

To a certian degree it is just a race, it does not influence the Sprint Cup winner more then any other race. That is why I mentioned a regular season baseball game being rained out.

And you are VERY wrong about a Champoinship game being played till there is a winner. In the first ever World Series a game ended in a tie.

Whaat? How can a game end in a tie? So who was a champion? Did they play again to decide the champion for that series?

Southstander
02-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Whaat? How can a game end in a tie? So who was a champion? Did they play again to decide the champion for that series?

It was not the 1903 World Series that had a game end in a tie, I cannot remember which one it was but I do know it has happend. Baseball games used to end in ties all the time. they where called on account of darkness, and weather.

The rules had to be changed this years DURING a World Series game to make sure the Phillys did not win it in a rain shorted game.

But my main point is the Daytona does NOT determin a Championship in anyway shape or form. Say that out loud for me so I know you understand it.

Peanut
02-19-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm becoming more unhappy with NASCAR. I still love racing, but...

Someone gets penalized on Saturday (NW) for rough driving. But Jr doesn't on Sunday? Even his fan club president (Waltrip) was saying Jr did a no-no.

And what happened to the rule that if NASCAR gives a driver lap penalties (Jr for pitting outside the box. The one that Jr says needs to be changed), they cannot get a Lucky Dog to get their lap back. Guess who got the Lucky Dog?

I think NASCAR wants Jr to get the Championship this year.

I waited this long to post this, thinking I'd cool down by now. :laugh:

I like Jr. He's on one of my Stock Car teams (which he took 3 of them out). But, NASCAR needs to play fair.

Southstander
02-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm becoming more unhappy with NASCAR. I still love racing, but...

Someone gets penalized on Saturday (NW) for rough driving. But Jr doesn't on Sunday? Even his fan club president (Waltrip) was saying Jr did a no-no.

And what happened to the rule that if NASCAR gives a driver lap penalties (Jr for pitting outside the box. The one that Jr says needs to be changed), they cannot get a Lucky Dog to get their lap back. Guess who got the Lucky Dog?

I think NASCAR wants Jr to get the Championship this year.

I waited this long to post this, thinking I'd cool down by now. :laugh:

I like Jr. He's on one of my Stock Car teams (which he took 3 of them out). But, NASCAR needs to play fair.

I agree. In fact I think they need to do more then just give lap penalties. I think if you purposely put someone in the wall, you finish LAST. If there are 43 drivers you finish 44 reguardless of when it happens.