PDA

View Full Version : Seneca Wallace a Mike Vick?!

ReleaseTheBeast7
05-09-2004, 05:14 PM
This guy can throw and run, I think before we go along saying that we are going to get Collins, Brees, or Stewart, that we should consider trading someone for him

Broncosfreak_56
05-09-2004, 05:15 PM
I doubt it.

NameUsedBefore
05-09-2004, 08:00 PM
He's a tad slower than Vick; has the same shoddy accuracy, but not the arm power.

Dunno about his agility though.

I'd rather get a free agent.

rcsodak
05-09-2004, 09:03 PM
You must not be a Big XII fan, huh??????

He sucks............reminds me of J.J............

Without coming across as a racist.....

.....just because a qb is black and agile, doesn't mean he's good.

O&B_Forever
05-09-2004, 09:13 PM
actually I like Seneca Wallace and he's up in Seattle fighting for his life and doing a good job of it. I think that like Jarious was for mike, so to shall Seneca be for Holmgren. If Jarious had ever developed like we had hoped we would have one hell of a QB, but alas it just wasn't meant to be. Seneca Wallace is actually progressing better than Jarious did and probably would beat him out in a QB competition at this point.

JED Bronco
05-09-2004, 09:36 PM
JJ seemed to do well in NFLE but not even close in the NFL? Does that mean that the NFLE gives false security, or doesn't allow a QB the intensity and pressure he needs to step up as he should to be successful in the NFL? If so why send them?

rcsodak
05-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Its strictly there to give them game experience at close to nfl speed and reps.....nothing more.

BroncoCy
05-10-2004, 12:43 AM
I watched Seneca play everyone of his college games at Iowa State. I think he can make it someday in the league but he will not touch Mike Vick. I think the S'Hawks got a steal out of Wallace for sure though...

CONative2291984
05-10-2004, 05:10 AM
Seneca Wallace is the MAN in Madden. I had him as my QB on the cardinals, and he ran for over 1,000 yards and passed for over 4,000 yards. He was my offense, especially since SHipp was hurt half the season...

AsianOrange
05-10-2004, 06:26 AM
Senaca Wallace?!?!? I doubt it...he's behind awesome Matt Hasselbeck.

I don't think he will get a shot anytime soon. He's a thrid string QB!

Milehigh117
05-10-2004, 06:27 AM
What about Brad Banks of Iowa. He was a much better all-around QB when he was in college than Seneca.

AsianOrange
05-10-2004, 06:35 AM
Brad Banks? Where is he now? Last I check, he got cut by Washington.

CONative2291984
05-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by AsianOrange
Senaca Wallace?!?!? I doubt it...he's behind awesome Matt Hasselbeck.

I don't think he will get a shot anytime soon. He's a thrid string QB!

I traded Jeff Blake for him BRO

CONative2291984
05-10-2004, 08:07 AM
oh wait nm, sorry you were talking to the other guy my bad asian orange

The Dark Knight
05-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by CONative2291984
Seneca Wallace is the MAN in Madden. I had him as my QB on the cardinals, and he ran for over 1,000 yards and passed for over 4,000 yards. He was my offense, especially since SHipp was hurt half the season...

He is pretty fast in Madden but is arm accuracy is horrible. Since Im from Iowa, I had both Seneca Wallace and Brad Banks backing up Jake for the Broncos! I figured I was getting the best of both worlds there.

AsianOrange
05-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by tahuya man
Who knows how much he's improved with Seattle since Mike Holmgren's been coaching him. Anyone who claims that he sucks, doesn't have a clue. He hasn't played a down in a regular season game as of yet.

He sucks.

If he was good, he be a starter.

Ravage!!!
05-10-2004, 09:02 AM
He sucks.

Yeah.. just like Kurt Warner for all those years sitting on the sidelines, practice squads, arena and European football teams!!

Oops, kinda blew your remark clear out of th water, huh?

The Dark Knight
05-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ravage!!!
He sucks.

Yeah.. just like Kurt Warner for all those years sitting on the sidelines, practice squads, arena and European football teams!!

Oops, kinda blew your remark clear out of th water, huh?

Yeah, you did.

I would think AsianOrange would know better than that.

rcsodak
05-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey tan man, what's stupid about my statement? You are so feeble minded its pathetic. Has one qb been mentioned in this thread that is NOT a Vick wannabe?

BroncoCy
05-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by AsianOrange
Brad Banks? Where is he now? Last I check, he got cut by Washington.

He plays in the CFL for Ottawa I do believe.

bleedbluorange
05-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by rcsodak
Hey tan man, what's stupid about my statement? You are so feeble minded its pathetic. Has one qb been mentioned in this thread that is NOT a Vick wannabe?

I dont think all of them are Vick wannabe as much as teams want them to be Vick. Those type of QBs have been around in the college game for a while. Vick just the most talented one.

AsianOrange
05-10-2004, 12:04 PM
The guy was overrated inn college and he's overrated on this thread...I'm through here =P"

CONative2291984
05-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by The Dark Knight
He is pretty fast in Madden but is arm accuracy is horrible. Since Im from Iowa, I had both Seneca Wallace and Brad Banks backing up Jake for the Broncos! I figured I was getting the best of both worlds there.

Ya i know he cant throw very well, but he has a quick release and is accurate at short range. After the season his overall rating was 80.

BroncoStud102
05-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Ok.....

FIRST of all, Jarius Jackson was NEVER considered a "passer" in college....

Seneca Wallace was.....

He was considered an NFL capable passer, with scrambling ability.

He isn't a runner, he is a QB, even moreso than Vick is.

Wallace can read defenses, break them down, and check to his second and third receivers...He has a good arm, not great, but good. He is agile and fast.

But let me say it again, he is NOT a runner, he is a pocket passing QB who can scramble. He was often criticized in college at Iowa State for being reluctant to run....

So before you go thinking you know anything about anything watch some Iowa State games he played in...He was arguably the front runner for the heisman until he played OU in Norman and got throttled by Stoops defense.

Brad Banks is like 5'9 he will NEVER make it in the NFL...He isn't a passing QB anyways.

I love how little so many of the experts on here actually know about football.

AsianOrange
05-10-2004, 12:49 PM
We can have a good conversation without calling folks "idiots" tahuya man.

ok...now I'm done.

SCI03
05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Who knows how much he's improved with Seattle since Mike Holmgren's been coaching him. Anyone who claims that he sucks, doesn't have a clue. He hasn't played a down in a regular season game as of yet.

My Guess is he hasn't improved much at all, In fact Seattle just signed Brock Huard as a potential number 3 to Hassellback and Dilfer. I think there is a good chance Wallace may not even be on the team when the season starts. At least that is the feeling in the Northwest.

SCI03
05-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Wallace can always be placed on the practice squad. How much longer is Dilfer going to want to play as a back-up? Huard most likely will only be in Seattle for one season.

I would think that Seattle would need to get something for Wallace if they got rid of him. He's got too much potential to just let him go.

I think Dilfer is pretty happy to be a back up at this point in his career, He won a Super Bowl already, and he knows other than Brett and Payton, most QB's miss a game or 2 each year.

I agree they may want to get something for Wallace, but how much can a team command for a project QB who is as of yet to play a down?

AsianOrange
05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Idiots need to be exposed for what they are. This rcsodac is an idiot. Go back and look at how things got started here or stay out of it.

Well..that's your judgement, but *I* feel there's no need for name calling unless you're a 4 year old.

Ok....this should be it for me on this thread.

SCI03
05-10-2004, 01:41 PM
There was a time when Hasslebeck was the project QB. Many people thought Holmgren made a mistake by trading for him. Things can change pretty quickly.

Good point, but my question was, if the Hawks were looking to trade Wallace, based on his performance up to now and his potential. What is his value? A 4th of 5th rounder, I say.

Dub-DeuceKnight
05-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Adrian McPherson!! this guy played for FSU but got kicked out by the NCAA for some reason, he is still really young (like 19 or 20) and he is tearing up the Arena League, he played WR at FSU but he is now playing QB and i think he has the best team in the league. I think he has potential to emulate Vick.
What you guys need to remember about Vickl is he has barely played in his career when he has he has shown signs of greaatness but he is not an all star yet.
I think someone like these QB's would be good for our system, they need to have accuracy but with how feared our running backs are bootlegs and Play Action can make him very effective.
Anyway thats just my two cents.

Booher
05-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Noone can be compared to vick!

rcsodak
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Booher
Noone can be compared to vick!

currently!