PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Collins

EddyMac87
05-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Kerry Collins To Meet With Packer Representatives Tommorow

"Former New York Giants quarterback Kerry Collins is scheduled to arrive in Green Bay tonight and visit the Packers' Lambeau Field headquarters Wednesday, an NFL source has told Pro Football Central. Although Cleveland quarterback Tim Couch remains the Packers' top choice, contract talks with Couch have stalled, so the Packers are exploring alternatives such as Collins and former Patriots backup Damon Huard."

StlBroncosFan
05-19-2004, 07:35 AM
Collins in Green Bay...interesting. If Farve retires after this year, Collins could slide in and the Pack could not miss a lick.

I am not a big fan of Couch.

Tony
05-19-2004, 09:52 AM
I agree, collins would be a much better replacement for favre than couch would be.

EddyMac87
05-19-2004, 01:52 PM
yea, but isnt collins old? they should bring some young guy in, so he can learn from farve his first year, and get out there he's second

Tony
05-19-2004, 02:39 PM
I thought they would've picked j.p. losman from the draft to learn under brett, but oh well. He may start sometime in buffalo this year, as drew is a sitting target behind that o-line.

bronco jock
05-19-2004, 02:52 PM
collins would be a good fit for the pack. still believe he is a live qb.

The Dark Knight
05-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Good. I'd rather see Collins wear Green and Yellow then Silver and Black. He's a good QB when he's not drinking.

Hypnotic
05-20-2004, 12:25 PM
I think Kerry would be a good pick up for the Pack or any team for that matter. Living on the East Coast I'm forced to watch alot fo the Giants games and he really isn't that bad. He's not a mobile QB but he's got a great arm. He just didn't have a running game behind him so he didn't really stand out in this weak Giants offense. He seems to have really matured as a person as well so I think either way whatever team he goes to he can help them in many ways.