PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Broncos @ Texans (Preseason)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

getlynched47
08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
rotoworld.com reports that the Broncos are considering putting Torain on IR after suffering a broken elbow. I plead to the Broncos not to put Torain on IR, which would end his season before it even began. If the 6-8 week time frame is right, Torain should come back after game 5 and he could spark the Broncos straight to the playoffs.

If you don't want Torain's season to end right now post in this thread.

silkamilkamonic
08-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Doesn't surprise me in the least.

You don't throw a rookie RB after the season started without much time to prepare in preseason. You'll kill his confidence, and quite possibly kill your QB with his struggling to pick up blitzes. Only playing him with intentions of him running the ball allows the defense to read the offense like a book.

Considering we only have Young/Hall as quality runners, I don't know if Shanahan can afford to put him on IR.

jcdavey
08-06-2008, 11:46 AM
rotoworld.com reports that the Broncos are considering putting Torain on IR after suffering a broken elbow. I plead to the Broncos not to put Torain on IR, which would end his season before it even began. If the 6-8 week time frame is right, Torain should come back after game 5 and he could spark the Broncos straight to the playoffs.

If you don't want Torain's season to end right now post in this thread.i don't see how a guy who is 6-8 week loss would be put on IR, but the chargers did that crap with sproles when he broke his ankle, but this is an elbow injury, seems less damaging to a rb than a broken ankle

i don't understand, unless there's ligament damage, why you'd want to IR a rookie rb

maybe rotoworld is talking out their ass

getlynched47
08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
i don't see how a guy who is 6-8 week loss would be put on IR, but the chargers did that crap with sproles when he broke his ankle, but this is an elbow injury, seems less damaging to a rb than a broken ankle

i don't understand, unless there's ligament damage, why you'd want to IR a rookie rb

maybe rotoworld is talking out their ass

I really hope rotoworld pulled it out of their ass...cuz if Shanahan actually is thinking of putting Torain on IR, we'll be wishing that Mike Bell was still on the open market

getlynched47
08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DEN

the second news box, first sentence in blue

lolad
08-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Pittman was working as a full back for a reason. Because Shanahan saw that the 3 RB's in front of him were doing a better job at running the football. If they put Torain on IR to have him replaced with Pittman then we're in trouble.

Kaylore
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
The first game isn't for five weeks and a few days. That would be pretty dumb considering he would only have a few weeks left by the time the first game is played.

DrewB
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
/sarcasm on

Ryan deserves whatever he gets...I mean he should not have put himself in the position to get hurt...Millions of people a day manage to get through their day with out getting injured..If putting him on IR teaches him the lesson not to be injured then its worth it.

/sarcasm off

jcdavey
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DEN

the second news box, first sentence in bluedon't forget, the blue text in those little messages is always editorial comments

that guy is hit or miss like most net sports news editorials

garzjoe
08-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah I think it's a little to early to place him on the IR...the only logic I can see is if Shanny is more comfortable with Pittman than we think thus is willing to place Torrain on IR which will free up another spot on the roster.

I'm pretty sure a player on IR does not count against your totals but I could be wrong.

Thx,
Joe

OC Bronco
08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I could see him goign on the PUP list, letting him heal/get back into playing shape through the first.. what is it? 8 games? then activating him for the 2nd half of the year.

Because by that time Selvin will probably be down with an injury. Not bagging on Selvin, he just tends to get hurt.

silkamilkamonic
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I could see him goign on the PUP list, letting him heal/get back into playing shape through the first.. what is it? 8 games? then activating him for the 2nd half of the year.

Because by that time Selvin will probably be down with an injury. Not bagging on Selvin, he just tends to get hurt.

Both Selvin and Hall get injured.

And then Torain will come in, play 2 weeks, and experience another big injury. He doesn't seem to be put together so well either.

Quick six baby, quick six!!

Legendary30
08-06-2008, 12:15 PM
8 weeks from now we will be heading into week 4 of the season. Missing 4 games is not IR worthy.

getlynched47
08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
8 weeks from now we will be heading into week 4 of the season. Missing 4 games is not IR worthy.

I 100% agree with you man. I just hope the Broncos don't make a stupid move and put Torain on IR to free up a RB roster spot for Aldridge. Most likely the Broncos will carry 3 Tailbacks and 2 Fullbacks, that's 5 RB's

I can't see the Broncos carrying more than 6 RB's so Michael Pittman or Anthony Aldridge are out of luck.

Young
Hall
Torain

Sapp
Hillis

Kaylore
08-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Both Selvin and Hall get injured.

And then Torain will come in, play 2 weeks, and experience another big injury. He doesn't seem to be put together so well either.

Quick six baby, quick six!!

Are you joking? You go off about how you're worried about Torain's ability to pick up the blitz and now you're advocating going with the the smallest and worst blocker of all the running backs? :eek:

lolad
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Pittman will be cut unless they don't like what they see with Hillis. Shanahan will keep Aldridge. The best case scenario is to put him on the PUP list then when we reactivate him cut Pittman to free up the roster spot

silkamilkamonic
Are you joking? You go off about how you're worried about Torain's ability to pick up the blitz and now you're advocating going with the the smallest and worst blocker of all the running backs? :eek:

Actually yea, I was joking.....

getlynched47

I guess the guy thinks that Aldridge can blow up guy's like Shawn Merriman

HELLO! Aldridge is NOT Maurice Jones Drew....did you see MoJo blow up Merriman!?! I think he's the only small RB capable of doing something like that. Aldridge would be a chew toy to Merriman, Phillips, and other DE/OLB's in the league.

elevation INC
08-06-2008, 12:40 PM

i doubt very much they would even consider putting alridge in situations where he would have to block. he will be a scat back type player, nothing more nothing less. his speed will keep him on this team., not his blocking ability. the guy can straight up play football......

BigMike05
08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I really dont know how bad his injury is but if he going to be out 6-8 weeks go ahead and put him on IR throwing him into the mix in the middle of the season might do us more harm then good:coffee:

hilife
08-06-2008, 12:55 PM

It wouldn't suprise me if they put him on IR (although I would be mad if they did). This way we wouldn't have to cut the speedester running back aldrige (or something like that) and put him on the PS. Only problem with that is then the team will not have a power runner. I'm expecting Pittman to get cut which, other then the power wouldn't be that much of a lose.

getlynched47
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I really dont know how bad his injury is but if he going to be out 6-8 weeks go ahead and put him on IR throwing him into the mix in the middle of the season might do us more harm then good:coffee:

What are you talking about? If the Broncos put Torain on IR, it automatically ends his season. He CAN NOT come back in the middle of the season if he's on IR....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-06-2008, 02:30 PM

Very true-

My guess is that if he is considering it is only to clear a roster spot so that Aldridge can be on the final roster too.

Q_Ball22
08-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I know a lot of people are high on Ryan but this could be a blessing in disguise. I like this Aldridge kid, lets see what he does in preseason. I have a feeling this kid is gonna be special.

samparnell
08-06-2008, 02:51 PM
LMNO puppies.

O S A R 2 puppies.

C M P N?:goofy:

broncsx3
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM

awwww, that's so cute! You think what we say here matters!

:rolleyes:

broncsx3
08-06-2008, 03:07 PM
What are you talking about? If the Broncos put Torain on IR, it automatically ends his season. He CAN NOT come back in the middle of the season if he's on IR....

Who said he could? You need to re-read what you quoted and try and understand what he wrote a little better.

SunDevil_Jake
08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't see this happening, not when Shanahan calls Torrain (and I quote) "One of the most gifted running backs that I’ve been around for a long time. Very similar to Terrell Davis when he came in."

Shanahan knows how RB's get banged up throughout the season. Torrain will not be put on IR. I hope.

LINK (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/06/broncos-torain-taken-field-after-hit/)

bronco4life88
08-06-2008, 04:04 PM
why would they do this he be here earliest week 3 latest week 5

Superchop7
08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Considering our luck at RB (Injuries) we had better put him on the PUP list.

broncos SB2010
08-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah I think it's a little to early to place him on the IR...the only logic I can see is if Shanny is more comfortable with Pittman than we think thus is willing to place Torrain on IR which will free up another spot on the roster.

I'm pretty sure a player on IR does not count against your totals but I could be wrong.

Thx,
Joe

I don't think he is thinking about Pittman, I think he is thinking about Alridge. This may be a way to keep Alridge on the team while Torain heals up. Just an idea.

Wolverine83
08-06-2008, 06:29 PM
They won't - it makes no sense at all. If there is 5 weeks until the start of the season then that means he will be back Week 2, 3, or 4
17 week season, makes no sense whatsoever

Dominuce
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Hello people, its been a long time since ive been on here.

I just read the torian news at work... what a downer. This could be a 2 game miss to a couple months down the road.

Marshall is down for 3 games, hopefully just 2.

Our center isn't 100% either.

Things are not looking our way. The chargers are looking good in game 2. So how bad are we in. Can we afford to lose the first couple of games? Also is pittman going to kick it up a notch, i hear it might be andre hall to. Whats going to happen to us!?!?!?

broncos SB2010
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM

I just read the torian news at work... what a downer. This could be a 2 game miss to a couple months down the road.

Things are not looking our way. The chargers are looking good in game 2. So how bad are we in. Can we afford to lose the first couple of games? Also is pittman going to kick it up a notch, i hear it might be andre hall to. Whats going to happen to us!?!?!?

Things are not that bleak. Young and hall are looking good running the ball. Jackson and Royal are looking good receiving. D-line looks much better and O-line looks dominate.

Raiders is a win, SD will be tough but we can pull it off.

Peerless
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM

When one player goes down, others are counted on to step up. That's how you find a star in the making in the NFL.

As for depth? I think we should be fine with the RB position. We have guys that can run... I'm fine with that.

As for center, I never count Nalen out. I think resting him through preseason is all but a guaranteed. Let him rest, and his knee.

Can we afford to lose the first couple?

Yes. It's a long season, and teams want to be playing their best and hottest football down the stretch. It's as simple as that. The hottest team, will usually end up going deep in the playoffs, and maybe winning the Super Bowl.

:thumb:

Starbroncs
08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Marshall hurts the first 2 games, but oakland is still a win. SD will be tough but we can still pull through. Torain was 3rd on the depth chart, wasnt expected to have a big impact this season anyway so he isnt a huge loss.

Anhydrous
08-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Why say the Chargers are looking good in game 2 when you haven't even seen them play a game yet? The NFL is full of injuries (Torain anyone?), and while I will not wish injuries upon another team, you never know when/if LT,Rivers(whom I think would be a #2 QB on a lot of teams anyway),Merriman or other leaders will go down.

We "want" Marshall of course but who is to say we "need" him to win? All it takes is 53 guys coming together on any given day to beat any given team.Keep positive thoughts my friend,you may just be worrying for no reason at all.

Bronco-24
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Why say the Chargers are looking good in game 2 when you haven't even seen them play a game yet? The NFL is full of injuries (Torain anyone?), and while I will not wish injuries upon another team, you never know when/if LT,Rivers(whom I think would be a #2 QB on a lot of teams anyway),Merriman or other leaders will go down.

We "want" Marshall of course but who is to say we "need" him to win? All it takes is 53 guys coming together on any given day to beat any given team.Keep positive thoughts my friend,you may just be worrying for no reason at all.

I totally agree. And this is proof of the trueness of his post. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=118747

VenomousDB
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Marshall hurts the first 2 games, but oakland is still a win. SD will be tough but we can still pull through. Torain was 3rd on the depth chart, wasnt expected to have a big impact this season anyway so he isnt a huge loss.

Right, where have you been? Torain was looking to most likely be the #2 back. Thats a pretty big impact in my eyes.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
broncos are a lot deeper this year then they have been for a while.

at WR we still have Jackson, Stokley, Royal, and you can count sheffler.
at RB we have young, hall, pittman and even alridge is making noise.

at C we have a smart veteran behind Nalen that can step in and play in Casey Wiegmann.

so were better off then we have been.

Ian
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Right, where have you been? Torain was looking to most likely be the #2 back. Thats a pretty big impact in my eyes.

I think that you might be jumping the gun a bit. Ryan Torain was doing well, but Andre Hall has looked just as good as Selvin Young. Torain was nothing more than third on the depth chart.

As for the OP, Denver is okay at depth at center Casey Wiegmann is more than a capable fill in. At wide receiver... hmm, not sure exactly yet, looking forward to Saturday and getting to see Eddie Royal take on an opposing defense. Can he be a starter in Denver? Not sure, might end up being the Darrell Jackson and Brandon Stokley show for week one and two.

Cutler2007
08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Hall or broken down Henry?
DJax or broken down Walker?
DRob or broken down Adams?
Every player that started on our Oline is no more than a backup this year except for maybe the Kuper/Holland winner.

Our depth at the moment is 10X better than last year, but we still need to avoid a rash of injuries. All good teams do.

Shutdown
08-07-2008, 06:30 AM
I am most worried about our depth at WR...especially without Marshall, obviously. But I won't lie, I didn't see DJax play much last year, and everything I'm hearing out of camp looks good. So maybe I'm not giving him enough credit. The Raiders and the Chargers both have two solid CBs, though, so we'll see how it goes. No one like Champ, but guys who know how to play.

broncos SB2010
08-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I think that you might be jumping the gun a bit. Ryan Torain was doing well, but Andre Hall has looked just as good as Selvin Young. Torain was nothing more than third on the depth chart.

As for the OP, Denver is okay at depth at center Casey Wiegmann is more than a capable fill in. At wide receiver... hmm, not sure exactly yet, looking forward to Saturday and getting to see Eddie Royal take on an opposing defense. Can he be a starter in Denver? Not sure, might end up being the Darrell Jackson and Brandon Stokley show for week one and two.

At this point that is true but Torain was running with more power than both young and hall. He prob would have been #2 by start of regular season.

Anhydrous
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I totally agree. And this is proof of the trueness of his post. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=118747

Nice video my friend.Good to see some others agree with me.:cheers:

Bronc Knight
08-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I feel good about the depth the Broncos have. I don't feel that it is a concern right now. And as for SD in week 2. Sure they look good, heck they are defending AFC West champs. But there is not a fan in the world that does not want or expect his or her team to compete and try and win every single game.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-07-2008, 02:55 PM

at C we have a smart veteran behind Nalen that can step in and play in Casey Wiegmann.

so were better off then we have been.Good post i agree with that.:thumb:

Colbert may be a good addition as well at WR :salute:

japfaff
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM

so were better off then we have been.

You are really high on Wiegmann..... I perfer to see him as a guy that the Chiefs didn't want back... And they got nothing on the Oline.....

You are putting faith in DJack, Stokley, and Royal to carry the passing game? Jack is done, Stockley is a good slot, but not good in the X or Z.... Royal has exactly zero snaps in the NFL with full pads..... I will take Walker, and stokley

RB...I kinda agree with you.... I like Young, but Hall and alridge are basically the same player just small fast guys with hands..... Pittman is done

japfaff
08-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Things are not that bleak. Young and hall are looking good running the ball. Jackson and Royal are looking good receiving. D-line looks much better and O-line looks dominate.

Raiders is a win, SD will be tough but we can pull it off.

Oline looks dominate??? Are you watching tapes for 98 and 99? Our Center is out, our LG has been playing terrible , our RT has also had problems, Our RG is still to fat to practice (last I heard)..... Where are we looking dominate? I also dont want to put a lot of stock into practice cause they are going agianst our Dline, and everyone stonewalled them last year (cept the Chiefs)

rogue719
08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I am most worried about our depth at WR...especially without Marshall, obviously. But I won't lie, I didn't see DJax play much last year, and everything I'm hearing out of camp looks good. So maybe I'm not giving him enough credit. The Raiders and the Chargers both have two solid CBs, though, so we'll see how it goes. No one like Champ, but guys who know how to play.

Well, regarding Jackson, one of the things I keep reminding myself of is that a wide receiver is only as good as the passer throwing the ball, and Alex Smith sucks on a regular basis.

I think he's proven he has the skills to get separation and catch the ball the majority of the time. I think Cutler has shown that he has the arm to get the ball there, though he also has a tendency to try to force the ball into places he shouldn't, but he will learn not to do that eventually.

So, I think Jackson will be better in Denver than he was in SF. Not Marshall-better, but better nonetheless. And if he can be better enough that the Broncos can win at least one of the first two, that can be enough. It's a marathon of a season and the Broncos can afford to lose to SD (who they aren't expected to beat anyway) and still be ready to play SD for the division in week 17. Or if not, at least compete for one of the wild card spots.

Starbroncs
08-08-2008, 09:21 AM
You are really high on Wiegmann..... I perfer to see him as a guy that the Chiefs didn't want back... And they got nothing on the Oline.....

You are putting faith in DJack, Stokley, and Royal to carry the passing game? Jack is done, Stockley is a good slot, but not good in the X or Z.... Royal has exactly zero snaps in the NFL with full pads..... I will take Walker, and stokley

RB...I kinda agree with you.... I like Young, but Hall and alridge are basically the same player just small fast guys with hands..... Pittman is done

Oline looks dominate??? Are you watching tapes for 98 and 99? Our Center is out, our LG has been playing terrible , our RT has also had problems, Our RG is still to fat to practice (last I heard)..... Where are we looking dominate? I also dont want to put a lot of stock into practice cause they are going agianst our Dline, and everyone stonewalled them last year (cept the Chiefs)

Do you EVER have a positive attitude? about anything? :rolleyes:

Lomax
08-08-2008, 11:40 AM

Actually, I put my faith in the 11 guys on the offense to carry the passing game. Most importantly, Cutler. If we can't run an offense without one wide receiver, we have more problems than just the Marshall suspension.

SunDevil_Jake
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
From the Denver Post: (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10140163)

After the Broncos' brief walkthrough this morning, coach Mike Shanahan said cornerback Champ Bailey and defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson will be held out of the opening preseason game Saturday night at Houston against the Texans.

Bailey didn't practice most of the week because of a hamstring problem.
Robertson, acquired in the offseason from the New York Jets, has battled a chronic knee problem the past few seasons.

"We've been going two-a-day practices, he's getting his condition level, and I think it would be a mistake to play him at this time," Shanahan said of Robertson, who was listed as the starter at left tackle on the Broncos' first depth chart, issued on Monday.

"He's making some tremendous strides," Shanahan added. "I just don't want to throw him out there two quick. We'll see how he practices against Dallas next week and determine if he'll play in that game. For sure, it'll be against Green Bay."

The Cowboys will be in Denver next week for practice work with the Broncos at Dove Valley on Wednesday and Thursday, then for the Aug. 16 game at Invesco Field.

Shanahan also said that starting cornerback Drč Bly would be used only in the nickel package against the Texans. "He's bumped up a little bit," Shanahan said. "We feel like he can go in the nickel package and get some continuity in our 45 defense."

Although offensive tackle Montrae Holland still hasn't practiced after reporting to camp overweight, Shanahan said Holland would make the trip to Houston and suit up. Shanahan said that was a change of plans because of some minor injuries on the offensive line, including tackle Erik Pears' sore lower back. He said Holland would only play in an emergency situation. More significantly, Shanahan indicated that Holland likely would begin practicing next week.

"He's done a good job with his conditioning in the morning, he's worked extremely hard, and he's watched his diet, so his weight will come down," Shanahan said.

The 6 p.m. game at Reliant Stadium will be televised on Denver's KCNC, Channel 4.

Trench777
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Can we afford to lose the first couple of games?

A: One of our 1st games is vs. the Raiders. We will not be losing that game.

B: The reigning Champions record after 2 games last year: 0-2.

So, yes we -can- afford to lose the first couple games, fortunately we wont. If we do happen to lose vs. the Raiders, dont bother digging this up to rub my nose in it, because I will have crawled under a rock weeping until we play them again. :D

T777

Legendary30
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
How Deep are we????

Balls...:coffee:

Trench777
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
From the Denver Post: (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10140163)

........"He's making some tremendous strides," Shanahan added. "I just don't want to throw him out there two quick.

Donations to buy the Post a spell check program can be sent to www.OurEditorSucks.com

T777

getlynched47
08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Now they're saying Torain's out for 3 months!! I still don't see IR being the answer and I hope the Broncos see things the way I do. Let's put Torain on the PUP list (he'll be eligible to return after week 6) and re-sign Mike Bell and play him at RB (not FB) to see if he can regain his rookie form. Then after week 6, whether Torain is ready or not we put him on the 53 man roster and cut either Mike Bell or Anthony Aldridge, whoever shows they suck by that time. It's a perfect idea.

-Rod-
08-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Well, even the Texans released Mike Bell.

broncolee
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Now they're saying Torain's out for 3 months!! I still don't see IR being the answer and I hope the Broncos see things the way I do. Let's put Torain on the PUP list (he'll be eligible to return after week 6) and re-sign Mike Bell and play him at RB (not FB) to see if he can regain his rookie form. Then after week 6, whether Torain is ready or not we put him on the 53 man roster and cut either Mike Bell or Anthony Aldridge, whoever shows they suck by that time. It's a perfect idea.

Bell was first cut by Denver, now by Denver-lite, and you want him to go back to Denver. This does not make sense.

Why so many people support Bell makes no sense.

If they want to keep Alridge, they are going to have to put Torain on IR, unless they are willing to cut either Pittman, Sapp, or Hillis. They're not going to cut Young, Hall, or Torain and they're not likely going to carry seven RBs. I suppose it's possible if they only carry four TEs as opposed to their usual five, but unlikely.

Even if they could put Torain on the PUP list, why would they bring him back in week six if he's not ready? That doesn't make any sense either. You bring him back only if he's ready and then decide who gets cut.

SimonSteele
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Bailey hurt his hamstring again? This is becoming a yearly occurrence! I wonder if we should be worried about him? The years he's been hamstrung like this are the years he's been "burned." His best season with us was injury free (third season I think), but his second season with us, despite his amazing play, he was "burned" by TO I think. That year started with a tweaked hamstring and then he had the shoulder injury.

Poor Bailey. He plays injured and people like to say he's overrated because of it. I hope this hamstring this isn't serious.

omahaBroncoFan
08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm not so concerned anymore, I was when hearing colbert wasn't turning out, but I'll go ahead and buy the training reports about how good Royal and Jackson are. Not having Marshall will hurt, but hey anytime you lose the number 1 guy at a position its going to hurt some. Plus to help compensate you can run more 2 TE formations, which means more Scheffler, or just run Scheffler as a WR.

So we lost a huge weapon, but depth in WR area is not a concern.

Areas that are a concern
Oline- would like to see more depth on the interior
dline- would like to see more depth(There are a lot of snaps that won't be taken by Robertson and Thomas even if they both remain healthy the whole year)
QB - I really think Ramsey might make it one day,he has a strong arm, and a good deal of experience for a backup,..... but its not happening this year or probably in the next few and he's just been disappointing.

japfaff
08-08-2008, 03:55 PM

WHat in the two quotes did I say that isnt true? Sorry, but I have been watching football longer than most people on here and I understand that doing something in practice means **** (something a lot of people on hear don't understand), and just cause we drafted them, or the coach says so doesn't mean they are good. Some poeple need to be a realist about some things. Here are the facts....OUr line is strugling. Nalen is out, and Hamiliton and Harris are having trouble, + Holland is to fat These arent good things. More facts.... Royal has exactly 0 catches for 0 yards... Last time I checked that doesn't quality for the HOF... Also our D was 27th out of 32, and we really only added Bailey and Robertson... But they are going to make us a top 10 D:confused:.....

Welcome to the real world folks..... We are viewed by most of the nation as "easy wins", that is something that we have earned these past few years

-Rod-
08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
It is sad just to imagine that Bailey is having a hard time to stay healthy and might not be a shutdown CB anymore.

Robertson already came with this bad knee, so I only wonder how long he will last. I believe with need to draft a nice DT next year, specially with Powell's serious injury.

LarryDean
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM

WHat in the two quotes did I say that isnt true? Sorry, but I have been watching football longer than most people on here and I understand that doing something in practice means **** (something a lot of people on hear don't understand), and just cause we drafted them, or the coach says so doesn't mean they are good. Some poeple need to be a realist about some things. Here are the facts....OUr line is strugling. Nalen is out, and Hamiliton and Harris are having trouble, + Holland is to fat These arent good things. More facts.... Royal has exactly 0 catches for 0 yards... Last time I checked that doesn't quality for the HOF... Also our D was 27th out of 32, and we really only added Bailey and Robertson... But they are going to make us a top 10 D:confused:.....

Welcome to the real world folks..... We are viewed by most of the nation as "easy wins", that is something that we have earned these past few years

I think Starbroncs asked you a Yes or No Question.....:coffee:

Instead you answered by telling us what you think you know...

Cutler2007
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
It is sad just to imagine that Bailey is having a hard time to stay healthy and might not be a shutdown CB anymore.

Robertson already came with this bad knee, so I only wonder how long he will last. I believe with need to draft a nice DT next year, specially with Powell's serious injury.

A guy like Bailey could sit all preseason as far as I am concerned. Preseason is too long as it is. No need to have DRob play either, get him 15 snaps in week 3 and get ready for the regular season.

I would also limit: Hamilton, Nalen, Wiegmann, Graham, Bly, EE, Doom, and Djax. These guys know how to play already and there is no use risking injury.

Anikai
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
5,280 feet deep.

muse
08-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Champ is still a shutdown corner despite his injuries. He puts his body on the line constantly for us and he's got the utmost respect from me.

Besides, hammys are pretty common at this time of year. So I'm not too worried, hopefully he can stay near 100% for the whole season.

jhns
08-08-2008, 04:23 PM

The last 3 seasons he has had injuries and it hasn't stopped him yet. He has actually had a bad hammy and shoulder most of the last 3 seasons.

japfaff
08-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I think Starbroncs asked you a Yes or No Question.....:coffee:

Instead you answered by telling us what you think you know...

Agian...you guys arent answering my question....Where in the two quotes did I state something the isnt fact?

To give you a yes or no answer......As of late I am not very positive. There is little to be positive about. But there are definatly some things that are encouraging. But there are also a lot of things about this team that is troubling. Most notably our lines

LarryDean
08-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Agian...you guys arent answering my question....Where in the two quotes did I state something the isnt fact?

To give you a yes or no answer......As of late I am not very positive.

Hey no worries here .....What you posted will do.....

7-9 team and a Bates defense with Sam Adams and Webster is enuff to make any fan discrountled...

I have to go into the season thinking positive... I'm happy just to be able to see 1 more kickoff :rockon:

I just did a :dance: to think I get to watch the Broncos .... tomorrow ...

LarryDean
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
To get back on track with the thread question....

I think the Broncos are much deeper at these position then last year ..WR,OL,DL other then that no team is deep....

I think a lot of it has to do with the coach and how he adjust to what is bound to happen...

I hope and pray we don't lose any key pieces this year...

SimonSteele
08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah his first season with 3 picks and a few "burns" he was injury free. It was his second season when he went to a whole new level because he had the hammy issue and the shoulder harness. I say "because" of those injuries because I think he had to become more cerebral that year and was unable to rely on his natural athletic dominance. He is exceptionally smart and tapping into his instincts and mental ability more took him to a different level than every other corner playing now, and maybe every corner to ever play.

It makes you worry some to see a guy who was injury free for his first seven or eight years, but he'll be fine.

emac87
08-08-2008, 05:14 PM

And out of curiosity, how long have you been watching football?

Cutler2007
08-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Even if they could put Torain on the PUP list, why would they bring him back in week six if he's not ready? That doesn't make any sense either. You bring him back only if he's ready and then decide who gets cut.

Torain is having surgery right now I believe. If it takes 3 months to recover fully, that would make him healthy for Oct 20th game (game 7). That is exactly 13 weeks away. Once he comes off the PUP list (week 6) we would have three weeks to decide whether or not to activate him. That is three weeks for him to practice with the team with out having to cut anyone.

Game 7 is against NE he would be able to practice.
Week 8 is our Bye week.
Game 8 is against Mia, he could practice.
Game 9 against Clev we could activate him to the roster, but still inactivate him for the game or if he isn't ready put him on the IR.

Why make the decision now, when it doesn't cost us anything to see where he is at in 16 weeks?

broncos1997
08-08-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah i definatly don't want torain on IR.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Torain is having surgery right now I believe. If it takes 3 months to recover fully, that would make him healthy for Oct 20th game (game 7). That is exactly 13 weeks away. Once he comes off the PUP list (week 6) we would have three weeks to decide whether or not to activate him. That is three weeks for him to practice with the team with out having to cut anyone.

Week 8 is our Bye week.
Game 9 against Clev we could activate him to the roster, but still inactivate him for the game or if he isn't ready put him on the IR.

Why make the decision now, when it doesn't cost us anything to see where he is at in 16 weeks?

The reason to IR him is simply to free up that roster spot and not have to risk cutting a guy that you want to sign to the practice squad only to have him get snatched up off the waiver wire before you can sign him.

There's no guarantee that Torain will even amount to anything. It's not like he took the college world by storm and was a Heisman candidate before he got his lis franc injury. I know everyone is hoping he's the next great thing, but he's got a long way to go and he's not going to get there any faster being PUPed and then brought in midseason and expected to work miracles. Before the injury he was the #3 RB and he wasn't moving up. Why cut a guy (unless it's Nate Jackson ;)) just to keep Torain from going on IR? I strongly doubt he'd see much action even if he was healthy this year. This is the Young/Hall RBBC year. If it doesn't pan out, Torain will get his shot next season.

broncos1997
08-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Bailey hurt his hamstring again? This is becoming a yearly occurrence! I wonder if we should be worried about him? The years he's been hamstrung like this are the years he's been "burned." His best season with us was injury free (third season I think), but his second season with us, despite his amazing play, he was "burned" by TO I think. That year started with a tweaked hamstring and then he had the shoulder injury.

Poor Bailey. He plays injured and people like to say he's overrated because of it. I hope this hamstring this isn't serious.

i doubt its anything serious. its probably one of those things where theres no question he'd be playing if is a regular season game. shannanhan probably just doesn't want bailey to strain himself. its probably just like the other handful of "injuries" that we've had during training camp with hillis, henry(before he was released) etc.

Cutler2007
08-08-2008, 05:51 PM
The reason to IR him is simply to free up that roster spot and not have to risk cutting a guy that you want to sign to the practice squad only to have him get snatched up off the waiver wire before you can sign him.

Torain does not take up a roster spot from the PUP. Denver would not have to make a decision on that until week 10 of the regular season. In other words, putting Ryan on the PUP would not lead to anyone having to go on the PS. It would mean that we would have to cut someone week 10 to make a spot for him, he could go IR at that time, or we could cut him and add him to the PS.

Putting him on the PUP would have to happen before the first cut down to 65 I believe that is Aug 15th (not sure on that date tho).

Cutler2007
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Here is the rule for PUP again:

* PUP list: Physically Unable to Perform -
this List designates players with serious injuries that will keep them from being able to start a season on the 53-man protected list but may be able to return to the roster during the regular season. The players must be placed on this roster at or before the league-wide 65-man summer roster cutdown to be eligible for this designation, and they must stay on this list for at least the first six weeks of the regular season. After this time teams have 3 weeks to evaluate such players after which each such player must be placed on the 53-man roster, season-ending Injured Reserve (IR) or waivers.

imisselway
08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
i hate to say this but maybe champ needs to stop making so many tackles and play more like dion sanders use to that would save him injurys

jcdavey
08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
i hate to say this but maybe champ needs to stop making so many tackles and play more like dion sanders use to that would save him injurysgood call

i never understood the idiots who talked smack about wayne gretzky because he wasn't a physical player

ummm duh his job is to score, not get into a hitting contest

most people feel that being a complete cb is something one should strive for, but when you're as good as deion was, just get the damn ball

i didn't see deion's lack of tackling hurting his ring fingers.

on the other hand, doesn't sound like his nagging hamstring has anything to do with tackling/hitting

Broncosinindy
08-09-2008, 06:20 AM

Robertson had surgery this year(not his knee) that could possibly be a factor aswell.. basically coaches are trying to give theguy low reps for when the games start to count. i aggree

#1atwaterfan
08-09-2008, 06:53 AM
i know everybody will want to hang me for this one but i think we should trade champ while he still has high value he 30 he has cronic haqmmy problem and has got burned more times last year than he has his whole career
:coffee:

diesel51
08-09-2008, 08:45 AM
i know everybody will want to hang me for this one but i think we should trade champ while he still has high value he 30 he has cronic haqmmy problem and has got burned more times last year than he has his whole career
:coffee:

GET A ROPE!!!!!!!!!

:fight::fight::D

jcdavey
08-09-2008, 08:55 AM
:coffee:he's older but people will be quick to point out that he got toasted in 04 and came back and had a stellar 05 season/06 season

so the bronco fans will want to give him a look with the new DC before doing anything as big as a trade

broncolee
08-09-2008, 11:05 AM

Week 8 is our Bye week.

I understand the PUP list and the 3 week evaluation. My argument with getlynched47 is the idea of bringing Torain back, whether he's ready or not. If he's placed on the PUP list and is not ready to return after the evaluation period, you put him on IR and keep whoever it is that is filling his spot.

getlynched47
08-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I understand the PUP list and the 3 week evaluation. My argument with getlynched47 is the idea of bringing Torain back, whether he's ready or not. If he's placed on the PUP list and is not ready to return after the evaluation period, you put him on IR and keep whoever it is that is filling his spot.

this isn't an argument dude, so cool your jets. What I mean is we can have somebody take his roster spot to contribute to our team for 6-9 weeks and then put him back on the 53 man roster, even if it means he's deactivated for a few more weeks. That way he can contribute this year

roushmartin6
08-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Trading Champ could be THE WORSE decision we could make. We lost Lynch, now you want to trade Champ? Come on.

moneymayweather
08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I will also be sitting at Houston.........Sitting in the CLUB LEVEL!!!! GO BRONCOS!!!:fight:

getlynched47
08-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Lets not worry about hamstring injuries right now...

When we're heading into the last week of preseason THEN we can worry that the person won't have enough time for it to heal 100% (maybe 2 weeks-2 weeks and 1/2 for older guys)

red98red98
08-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Here is the rule for PUP again:

* PUP list: Physically Unable to Perform -
this List designates players with serious injuries that will keep them from being able to start a season on the 53-man protected list but may be able to return to the roster during the regular season. The players must be placed on this roster at or before the league-wide 65-man summer roster cutdown to be eligible for this designation, and they must stay on this list for at least the first six weeks of the regular season. After this time teams have 3 weeks to evaluate such players after which each such player must be placed on the 53-man roster, season-ending Injured Reserve (IR) or waivers.

One more time:

Torrain is NOT eligible for the PUP list!!!

The info in your post is misleading.

Here is how PUP works.

NO player who was on the active roster when training camp begins can be put on PUP.

PUP has 2 phases:

PUP/Active- A player may come back at anytime during camp.
Once the first roster cut down arrives a player on PUP/active must:

Be waived or
Be added to the roster or
Be placed on IR or
Be placed on PUP/reserve

PUP/reserve - A player who is on PUP/active during pre-season can be placed on PUP/reserve when the roster is cutdown to 75 (not 65).
The player cannot reutrn until after the 6th game, etc..

In other words only players who were on pup/active (pre-season) are eligible for PUP/reserve(In-season).

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I know, I know, you want to see EVERYBODY, but tell me who you are most eager to see in action and who you hope to impress you the most.

I'm personally wanting to see what all the fuss is about Eddie Royal. I want to see the WR corp in action in general, but him specifically.

broncos1997
08-09-2008, 01:37 PM
eddie royal :rockon:

other then that the mlb battle will be interesting. i also want to see lichenstieger to see if he really is nalen's replacement. marcus thomas could be interesting.

PatrickdaDookie
08-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I would have been most interested in Torain, as he might have gotten significant playing time. I was also hoping to see Robertson... whoops!

Anyways, I'll be keeping an eye on Royal, Foxworth, Abdullah, Clady, and Aldridge.

Broncosinindy
08-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I know, I know, you want to see EVERYBODY, but tell me who you are most eager to see in action and who you hope to impress you the most.

I'm personally wanting to see what all the fuss is about Eddie Royal. I want to see the WR corp in action in general, but him specifically.

Im interested in how Clady does agaisnt Williams. Moss, Crowder. Young, Barrett.Royal. im just ready for some football. how close do you think Santiono Holmes and Eddie Royals game are alike

PatrickdaDookie
08-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I think Holmes is an arrogant, selfish, me-first receiver. I think Royal is a team player.

Other than that, fairly similar.

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Im interested in how Clady does agaisnt Williams. Moss, Crowder. Young, Barrett.Royal. im just ready for some football. how close do you think Santiono Holmes and Eddie Royals game are alike

Interesting comparison, because I remember how during the draft with Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson, people wanted us to pick up Santonio. I think Eddie Royal can be better, due to his strength. Santonio came out struggling returning kicks, which people thought he would excel at, but he's turned into a great everydown WR.

So we'll see what happens.

jojo187
08-09-2008, 01:53 PM
There is nothing to be worried about it sounds like S.O.P champ is a proven player in Denver there is no need to trade him or freak out about this.

The first preseason game means nothing

jojo187
08-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Clady vs Mario figures to be the match up of the game. Lets see how this first round pick plays

ChrisKamanowns
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
is it on national TV?????

Broncos724
08-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I am most excited to see Eddie Royal but also excited to see Clady.

jhildebrand
08-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Are you ready for some football!!

Today is the day many of us have been waiting for. The unofficial beginning to the Broncos' season. GO BRONCOS!

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Today is the day many of us have been waiting for. The unofficial beginning to the Broncos' season. GO BRONCOS!

I was actually going to order the UFC ppv tonight before I remembered the game would be on.

FOOOTBALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chickennob2
08-09-2008, 02:22 PM
How about Boss Bailey? Is he over that inflamed knee?

Thundergirl
08-09-2008, 02:34 PM

Will tonights game be aired anywhere outside of Denver and Huston? Will it be on ESPN or NFL Network?

tpryce93
08-09-2008, 02:40 PM
is it on national TV?????

yeah, and what time is it on? :confused:

TheJackal
08-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Will tonights game be aired anywhere outside of Denver and Huston? Will it be on ESPN or NFL Network?

Not that I know of.

There are two re-airs tomorrow though.

One on Fox Rocky Mountain at 3 PM (Mountain Time).

The other on NFL Network at 11 PM (Mountain Time).

thehighlander
08-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I am most interested in seeing:

The D-line and how they stop the run and rush the passer

Mike Linebacker - Niko & Nate

D-Jax - an indication of how he will perform when Brandon is suspended

Eddie "Casino" Royal - kick returns

Prater nailing all the PAT's after we score several touchdowns...

I am most excited about seeing

BRONCOS FOOTBALL

Javalon
08-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, I kept waiting for someone else to make the thread but no one did. I'm sure some of us will want to discuss the game as it progresses.

Personally, I'm most looking to see how both the offensive and defensine lines are looking as well as Royal both as a receiver and returner. Of course, seeing Cutler throw some passes with some pop again will be sweet. :)

Man, I'm SOOOO happy to finally see the team on the field again, even just preseason!!! :beer: :beer:

gaberox
08-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah,cant wait for the replay on NFL network tomorrow night ha ha.Im curious to see what Moss looks like considering we spent a lot for this guy.We may have wasted a 2nd and a 1st if he doesnt pan out.I really hope he does though.

Return of Lava
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Definitey, its finally come back around. Cant wait to see how the 3 LB's look playing together, and what kind of defense we will run. I know the offense will come through this year, but the defense is the key. Gotta have chemistry!

thehighlander
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
the first game day thread of the (pre)season

:rockon:

Keep the updates rolling in for those who don't get to see the game abroad.

Thanks

Go Broncos

Return of Lava
08-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Boss Bailey, I think he'll make plays like his brother!

Javalon
08-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Definitey, its finally come back around. Cant wait to see how the 3 LB's look playing together, and what kind of defense we will run. I know the offense will come through this year, but the defense is the key. Gotta have chemistry!

I hear ya. If our defense had even been top 16 last year, particularly against the run, I think we would have been in the playoffs.

The offense will be pretty good to really good and our season definitely depends on getting our defense up to par. The players seem enthused about the new (old) defensive scheme and have a number of new faces and more experienced old faces (the rookies who are now second-year guys) and that means we really don't know what we've got yet.

But I'm staying optimistic until they give me reason not to... :D

LarryDean
08-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I am most interested in seeing:

The D-line and how they stop the run and rush the passer

Mike Linebacker - Niko & Nate

BRONCOS FOOTBALL

:rockon:

:salute:

tsiguy96
08-09-2008, 03:57 PM
selvin young. to see how much betters hes gotten and get a glimpse of his pro bowl season :cheers:

emac87
08-09-2008, 04:16 PM
At first, I was going to say Eddie Royal. I want to see his receiving skills up agains some quality CBs. But after more consideration, I really want to see Jay light it up for a series or two. I know he's pretty much proven he is a more than capable QB, but I just want to see how much more effective he is now that he has his diabetes under control.

1. Jay
2. Royal
3. Clady
4. New defensive scheme (well, not "new", but new from last year)
5. All the LBs
5a. pass protection

SBboundBRONCOS
08-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Boss Bailey, I think he'll make plays like his brother!

not playing i think

but for me its gotta be royal

Wolverine83
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
33 minutes until game time.
I appreciate any play by play by anyone on here watching the game.
I will be reading it on NFL.com gamecenter. I can't wait until the game starts. Next week I'll be able to see the Broncos/Cowboys game, but I know someone will make an awesome highlight video to put ESPN to shame.

I know it sounds cheesy, but wouldn't it be sweet if we won by a blowout, like 35-0 or something? With the offense/defense/special teams all looking improved and our 2nd and 3rd stringers playing great.
Probably won't be that great - but it would be sweet.

Well, enjoy the game everyone! :rockon:

Cutler2007
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Cutler: I want to see how much energy he plays with compared to the end of last year and see that velocity back on his throws.

Larsen: A favorite of mine, would love to see hiom make some plays at MLB and get into the competition. He may get the entire 2nd half to himself at MLB.

Harris: I want to see him perform at a level that will ease my concerns about RT

emac87
08-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I'd like to see some of the UDFA. Usually, I don't pay much attention to this group. But this year, with Wesley Woodyard and Tyler Polumbus, I'm going to be paying more attention. I usually just watch preseason into the late 3rd, early 4th. Might have to watch the whole thing

qnpd
08-09-2008, 04:46 PM
its finally coming wooohooo

Peerless
08-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Hope nobody gets seriously injured.

"knocks on wood."

biglenny
08-09-2008, 04:50 PM

Hey thundergirl check channel 14 :rockon: its live baby:cheers:

Peerless
08-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Ryan Clady and Jarvis Moss.

Wolverine83
08-09-2008, 04:52 PM
nfl.com gamecenter has free radio while teams are in the red zone!!! sweet!

DieHard
08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
If we just control the tempo of the game and stop the run its going to be a great season!

GO BRONCOS!:cheers:

Peerless
I think I'm ready.

emac87
Ryan Clady and Jarvis Moss.

Oh yeah, Jarvis! I almost forgot about him. With all the posts contradicting his performance in TC this summer, I'd definitely would like to see something out of him. I went to a few TC practices, and he looked good. But others are saying he is on the cusp of being a bust. Definitely keeping my eye on NINE-FOUR

ShadeofBlue
08-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Almost there. Will be good to see the Broncos again on the field, and of course Broncos South (aka Houston). Looking forwards to seeing a little of our team, and as always no silly preseason injuries.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
if you dont have the game like i do

then you can go to the chat and ill give instant play by play.

just letting you people know

BroncFanInPA
08-09-2008, 05:04 PM
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Broncos football..."

And Lo the world was a better place :D

ShadeofBlue
08-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Clady vs Mario Williams (for the whole one series they might play)

Aldridge -- just since I like to see the guys who might not ever play regular season, but who is a nice darkhorse.

Royal of course and the rest of our wides.

Young too just since I haven't seen him run since last year and haven't followed videos of training camp.

qnpd
08-09-2008, 05:08 PM
that's ok eddie

Peerless
08-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Great start Denver! :thumb:

LMAO!

#1atwaterfan
08-09-2008, 05:18 PM
the defense and how they sop the run and put pressure on the qb.also how we do in the red zone and if can punch it in from the goal line if necessary.lets go broncos:rockon:

ShadeofBlue
08-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Well so much for no injuries. Good thing its only preseason, but sheesh. Boss already out and now Green on a stretcher. Hope they're both fine, comeon Broncos.

qnpd
08-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Man my internet is running slow so this is frustrating and there are probably fifty posts about this by now, but: Boss Bailey questionable with sprained ankle (initial diagnosis). Louis Green taken off on stretcher.

Zoneblock249
08-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Man this is bad, I guess some of the young guys got to step up.

McKeough
08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Well so much for no injuries. Good thing its only preseason, but sheesh. Boss already out and now Green on a stretcher. Hope they're both fine, comeon Broncos.

I didn't see what happened, can't watch the game.

What happened to Boss? Look serious? And Green?! What happened?

My God, how do we have so many freakin' injuries! :sad::sad::sad:

McKeough
08-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Man my internet is running slow so this is frustrating and there are probably fifty posts about this by now, but: Boss Bailey questionable with sprained ankle (initial diagnosis). Louis Green taken off on stretcher.

Thanks for the update.

I can't believe this. :rolleyes:

And the site is bogged down, it's probably not your internet. (The site is loading super slow for me, all other web pages are fine!)

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
TD Jay Cutler 15 yd or so rush

Peerless
08-09-2008, 05:42 PM
First comment!

theshiverman
Nice Run Jay!

Peerless
TD Jay Cutler 15 yd or so rush

He's killing his QB rating... :coffee:

maddenking27
08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
ah man i just heard it on sirius that is not good at all i hope green is okay i havent heard any word on boss i hope he is okay god this sucks :sad: ah and are right side up front sucks a$$ from the way there making it sound

Shsonline
To those unaware, boss bailey was carted off the field with what was reported as a sprained ankle. Louis Green was carted off also, with a concussion and a neck injury.

Cutler2007
So far:

Cutler looks sharp, only 2 incomplete and one was a miscommunication with Royal.

Pass blocking has been good, run blocking Clady getting owned by Mario.

Harris has had two penalties that negated completed pass (one would have gave us a first down on opening drive).

Cutler with a nice run.

Boss and Green (both our SLB injured).

Run D is working so far, McCree and Manuel both very active in support.

McCree should have picked off a pass and taken it the other way.

Peerless
08-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Bailey has a sprained ankle. (reported)

DrunkPanda
jay cutler looked really good in this game :salute:. i thought clady looked good too. i didn't pay any attention to him until the commentator said that mario williams was abusing him. after that i started watching him and he did really good from that point on

ShadeofBlue
On the injuries, looked like Boss rolled his ankle cutting back to an open side of the field, Green got hit in the helmet by a team mate right behind a pass. BUt sounds like they'll both be okay.

Clady was getting manhandled by Williams early on, but started doing better on protection. Royal looked pretty good inside, but had a few cuts the wrong direction or misreading the D (zone vs man). Young looked okay, but his best catch/ run was called back. Harris had 2 penalties in 2 drives. Graham looks like he's going to get the ball a bit more (based on 1 quarter of preseason, /laugh) Running wasn't great, but passing game worked so oh well.

Back to watch some more.

diesel51
08-09-2008, 05:47 PM
First, this site is running extremely slow!

Second, while I wasn't pleased to hear the Texans offense move it against our defense so easily, we did hold them to 3 inside the red zone.

haywire4broncos
08-09-2008, 05:49 PM
lol i was on the nfl game center website and it said selvin young scrambled it in shotgun formation for 15 yards. I was wondering if it meant it was a hb draw or something.

Later they changed it and gave cutler the 15 yards.

Peerless
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Dumb chat room kicked me and BOU for "flooding".....

24CHAMPionships
08-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Just when you thought everything wasn't going so good....Jay Cutler single handedly ripped the broncos upfield 55 yards and scampered 15 yards for the Touchdown.....
We haven't been doing to good in the rushing game....but Jay showed John Elway tactics by responding well.

If you want to track the game play by play....go to espn.com; clik nfl scoring; then go to the denver game and clik game cast....it will take you there.

Peerless
08-09-2008, 05:53 PM
First comment!

Cutler2007
08-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Jack Williams got beat...

Foxworth is all over the place doing a good job...

D allowed a 3rd and 14, but only rushed three...

Run D continues to look good giving up only 7 yard on 7 carries....

DJ doing a great job containing the edge...

I think we need to tighten up some on our coverage, but we are not blitzing and most passes by Texans are quick drops (5 step at most).

Peerless
08-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Ramsey sucks.

DrunkPanda
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
our defense looks horrendous. really really really horrendous. dj williams ****ing destroyed louis green when there was a perfectly good texan guy that was standing still that he could have hit instead... that was ridiculous... the guy was standing still and williams still completely misses him!

ShadeofBlue
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Ramsey sucks.

Pretty much. Terrible throw that one, way over his target's head. Maybe he didn't get the memo which former Broncos were now on the Texans?

Cutler2007
08-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Paymah gets beat for the TD on a bootleg comeback....

Ramsey with an INT (he is going to get cut IMO) and a bad flat pass that took forever to get to the RB.

Line continues to look good pass blocking, looking better run blocking against the Texans 2nd unit.

Hall look very explosive and could have gone the distance if Colbert had thrown a block (Colbert not looking good either).

DrunkPanda
08-09-2008, 06:12 PM
that commentator seriously needs to stop using the word "knifing" on every single play of the game. it's getting really annoying

basbllplaya26
08-09-2008, 06:16 PM
lol i cant stand ramsey... i dont think we coulda signed a worse backup qb last season

Peerless
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Eoooh... Prater.... 30 yarder?

silkamilkamonic
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
lol i cant stand ramsey... i dont think we coulda signed a worse backup qb last season

We did. His name was Bradlee Van Pelt.

Is the offense not looking so good? Not a lot of fireworks from anyone it seems from the box score.

qnpd
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Way to go Prater........

DrunkPanda
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
good thing shanahan drafted crosby who was available about 3 rounds later than he was projected, with elam on the verge of retirement.... oh wait, he didn't :fight:

TheComeBackKid
Disgrusting!

ShadeofBlue
/looks forwards to the "cut him now" calls on Prater. Sliced wide from the 30.

I don't know how I'm feeling about Hall. He's gotten some good yardage, but in general it seems to be more good blocking when it happens. Hall doesn't get far when the first guy touches him. Scheff is looking good though.

Not seeing huge strides since last year, but then again its preseason and Shanny is loathe to show too much. Looking forwards to a perhaps good D showing before the end of the half.

silkamilkamonic
Bailey has a sprained ankle. (reported)

That ain't nothing. Hell be fine.

rmac15
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
That was sad...

Buckin' Bronco
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Boss just sprained his ankle, that's what Mike Klis said on the game audio!

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 06:21 PM
if anyone saw that fg attempt. now i understand the importance of the kicker position.

man that was ugly. wasnt even close. it was a easy short kick too
anyway

the texans kicker is making 50+ yard kicks and prater does that crap.

all i know is.

man lets just hope thats only 1 kick. i mean after watching that ugly attempt, i realized how important elams loss is. filling elams shoes will be tough for anyone. but imagine that was a game winning kick against buffalo.
man we'd be screwed.

god help us if prater sucks. we cant afford to keep points off the board. thats the difference between a win and a close loss.

basbllplaya26
first drive was screwed on a 3rd and 15.. got a first down but harris was called for illegal formation.. wasnt on the line of scrimmage.. than we didnt get the first... but the second drive was really good

running game isnt setting up really good yet, but the texans are loading a lot of guys in the box thanks to our two yard outs and no play action plays... but o well

ramsey had a bad pass overtrough the wide out for a pick

DrunkPanda
in case anyone was wondering, i will NEVER get over the fact that shanahan didn't draft crosby :ugh:

Bronco_Armada
08-09-2008, 06:22 PM
That ain't nothing. Hell be fine.

Hope so.

It is starting to look like last year all over again. :sad:

basbllplaya26
08-09-2008, 06:23 PM
i think he's gonna be fine... just some first game jitters if you ask me

now the defense getting no pressure on the qb as usual is what i think were gonna have to worry about again...:doh:

silkamilkamonic
08-09-2008, 06:24 PM
If Shanahan wasted a mid round draft pick on Crosby, or any K for that matter, I think I'd have to fly out to Denver personally and kick his a$$.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
i think he's gonna be fine... just some first game jitters if you ask me

now the defense getting no pressure on the qb as usual is what i think were gonna have to worry about again...:doh:

true true.

but that last blitz worked! good pressure

basbllplaya26
ouch!!!! bly just laid the smack down on sage... wow that looked nice

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
uh oh.

now i said that

christian mortan pounds sage and gets the sack and causes a fumble.

to bad we didnt recover

in.the.game
gotta love that corner blitz baby BLADOOWWWW!!!! blew his ass up :salute:

The Experience
Ramsey sucks.

agreed:coffee:

basbllplaya26
08-09-2008, 06:26 PM
scratch that.. saw bly out of the corner of my eye...

anyways nice play... hope they keep it up for once

TheComeBackKid
holy ships! did the Broncos just get the quarterback??? Praise Jebus

y2cragie
Now that was one hell of a sack:rockon:

TheComeBackKid
08-09-2008, 06:27 PM
no way!!!!! the Broncos are no better then last season AEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYHH HHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rmac15
08-09-2008, 06:27 PM
How in the world can a punter run for 17 yards on us

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 06:28 PM
lmao.

matt turk gets a first down on us! the punter!

our run defense sucks again!.
but i dont think that was a design run. he was about to get blocked.

lol at all the texan players looking at the air looking for the ball.

in.the.game
08-09-2008, 06:28 PM
damnitt.... good pressure tho nate

silkamilkamonic
08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Hope so.

It is starting to look like last year all over again. :sad:

You think Denver was bad with injuries last year, trying being a closet Rams fan.

rmac15
Denvers ball!!

JellyBean2144
Domonique Foxworth and the rest of the Broncos defense.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 06:30 PM
he is short of the first!

diesel51
08-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Having mixed emotions about 1st half so far

Two injuries

Ryan Harris two penalties

Missed 30 yard FG

Punter picking up 16 yards on a botched snap for a 1st down(review says not--woo hoo!)

Ramsey looking like crap

However, Royal has played well

Clady has played better since that first drive

Hall has looked good

Cutler looked good

Defense has made a stop in the redzone

Anyways, let's see how it all goes

rmac15
08-09-2008, 06:32 PM
You can add a 3rd but the anouncers say it was a bad call

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
ryan harris is having a great game isnt he

2 holding penaltys in a row

rmac15
Ryan Harris Is Trash!

Broncs615
It's good to hear Jay is making plays :rockon:

Poor Harris is having a tough night he just got his fourthy penalty of the night :eek:

Ravage!!!
08-09-2008, 06:34 PM
well.. didn't take long to remind everyone why you DON'T want to be on these boards during games.....

Man you guys like to whine and *****......

johnnybronco74
08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Anyone want to comment that Prater missed a easy 30 yard FG.....maybe Shanny and company should have paid Elam his money just a thought.

Bronco_Armada
You think Denver was bad with injuries last year, trying being a closet Rams fan.

I only root for 1 pro football team.

Morningplastic
Maybe we should get that punter in our backfield.

Freestyle
Damn... I'm so glad we drafted an OT instead of having Harris out there at LT. Hopefully he gets in Shanny's doghouse and doesn't play anymore :coffee:

silkamilkamonic
08-09-2008, 06:36 PM

That's what happens why the Denver Broncos are your life.

Peerless
well.. didn't take long to remind everyone why you DON'T want to be on these boards during games.....

Hey hey hey... please don't swear.

Buckin' Bronco
The O looked shaky early on but then Cutler led them to a TD! Our D looked Solid, we held Houston to a FG and McCree nearly had a redzone pick. Champ, Bly, Nalen, Robertson, ect... all sat out. Remember that! We weren't gashed on the ground like last year either. I'm pleased with this outing!:salute:

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
Anyone want to comment that Prater missed a easy 30 yard FG.....maybe Shanny and company should have paid Elam his money just a thought.

if you knew anything about the situation you would know that the broncos offered more money then the falcons.

they were about to make elam one of the highest paid kickers in the game

diesel51
Well, how does everyone feel?

ShadeofBlue
Well one half of the first preseason game over. Lots of room for improvement, but got some laughs with the second Ramsey Int and the laterals and running around wildly like a high school game. Ahhh preseason, gotta love it.

Go Hackney and Aldridge in second half. Hope to see something from our latter string lines on both sides, and hope Prater gets another chance to kick one this game.

silkamilkamonic
08-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Damn... I'm so glad we drafted an OT instead of having Harris out there at LT. Hopefully he gets in Shanny's doghouse and doesn't play anymore :coffee:

Yea he's having a rough game.

If our oline doesn't improve at all on last year, I will be all for going oline in the first round. Clady is looking solid and we really need to build in those trenches, or this is what happens.

theshiverman
08-09-2008, 06:38 PM
That Harris is a stud RT....that is if you like holding calls to that stop scoring drives:sad:

silkamilkamonic
08-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I only root for 1 pro football team.

I can't do that. I wish I could, but considering how the last few years have been, I would absolutely hate the NFL.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 06:41 PM
hope boss comes back next week.

i want to actually get to see him in action.
sucks to see him play only 1 play

-Rod-
08-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't like Ramsey. He was awful against the Lions last season and tonight his first throw is intercepted...

But Harris has been horrendous so far... That's the difference between shiny training camp and a real game.

Jay Cutler was awesome as expected. Great TD run.

The kicker situation... :sad:

Cutler2007
08-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Positives:

Cutler wasn't stopped as he actually converted the third on the first possession. Harris' penalty killed the drive.

Clady did look better after Mario schooled him early a couple times.

Run D has looked solid, even got into the backfield a few times

Outside of Harris the Oline has done a great job pass blocking

McCree & Foxworth making a few nice plays.

Bad:

Ramsey
Harris
Paymah
Colbert

gyldenlove
08-09-2008, 06:43 PM
So, we have now played a full two quarters and so far things look so-so.

On the plus side, Jay Cutler looks solid, so does Andre Hall and the first team run defense.

On the negative side, Boss Bailey and Louis Green got injured, Patrick Ramsey forgot to pack his antiperspirant because he is stinking up the place and Ryan Harris took 4 penalties for 30 yards in 30 minutes of play.

Here is to hoping...
....Cutler stays healthy because he is lightyears ahead of Ramsey.
....Montrae Holland can take over at RG and Kuper can move to RT, because at this pace Ryan Harris could end up costing us 960 yards in penalties over the 16 game season.
....Boss Bailey only has a sprained ankle and can come back soon.
....Selvin Young figures out how to run without running into the nearest defender.
....Matt Prater figures out which boot goes on the right foot and which one goes on the left foot, because we are going to have to play 4-down football if he can't do better than that on a 30 yarder.

Buckin' Bronco
08-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I thought we were decent(1st team) tonight! The Offense had a rough start but they rebounded nicely with a TD. The Defense was solid, they kept the run in check and only gave up a FG!:salute: We could be sharper but overall I was pleased! McCree nearly had a pick 6 in the redzone too!

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Positives:

Cutler wasn't stopped as he actually converted the third on the first possession. Harris' penalty killed the drive.

Bad:

Ramsey
Harris
Paymah
Colbert
dont blame keary

ramsey cant even throw it to him right.
atleast he drew a PI against the texans corner

qnpd
08-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Positives:

Bad:

Ramsey
Harris
Paymah
Colbert

Don't forget to add Prater and the shanked 30yd kick

maddenking27
yea i think its just because its his first game he will be fine .. i hope so anyway ....more like what hell ramsey

silkamilkamonic
Defense has still shown an inability to get off the field.

Houston offense has 0 punts.

Poindexter
Ok first half is over: My thoughts

1. Not being able to watch the game and having to listen to bits of it on the internet sucks.

2. Ryan Harris needs to pull his head out of his ass.

3. Ramsey looks less and less like a NFL quarterback every year. I vote him off the island.

4. Hall looks good so far. The offense is moving the ball decently.

5. Our defense needs to get on the same page.

6. Cutler is the man.

7. Stupid penalties are costing us the game. Houston isn't beating us, we are beating ourselves.

8. Heres to hoping Shanny reams a few ppl in the locker room and we come out fired up and ready to win.

Peerless
08-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Ryan Harris has a pretty solid average of penalty yards per minute.. :thumb:

LordTrychon
08-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Too early to give up on Harris... he hasn't been playing for a minute now you know... Prater also has early jitters to deal with. With luck, that will go better soon and he'll get another shot. :salute:

Bronco_Armada
08-09-2008, 06:47 PM
I can't do that. I wish I could, but considering how the last few years have been, I would absolutely hate the NFL.

I have been rooting for the Syracuse Orange since I was 5 (now 22) The New York Knicks since I was 7.

How do you think I feel.

If you said like crap you win a CP! :D

TheJackal
08-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Ok so all of you who are watching the game, simple question:

Looking better or worse than last year?

LordTrychon
08-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Defense has still shown an inability to get off the field.

Houston offense has 0 punts.

lol... but the punter had a nice run.... :laugh:

Ravage!!!
08-09-2008, 06:49 PM
if you knew anything about the situation you would know that the broncos offered more money then the falcons.

they were about to make elam one of the highest paid kickers in the game

This is an incorrect fact that you are spouting off. The Falcons offered more money.. thats why Elam chose to go there instead of Denver. If this wasn't the case, what was Elam's motif for leaving? Money.

We chose to not pay him the kind of money that he was asking, and being offered. We offered as much as we were willing to pay, and Elam passed for the bigger bucks that the Falcons were willing to give.

Max Power
08-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey guys I just tuned in. How has Jarvis Moss looked? Has he made any plays, or has he been a ghost?

I read that Clady was getting schooled early on by Mario Williams, but that's okay. It's his first game and he's going up against Mario Williams, plus they were running plays, which has been acknowledged as something he needs to work on: run blocking.

in.the.game
08-09-2008, 06:50 PM
anderson looks like welker jr.

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 06:54 PM
We cannot create pressure.

Max Power
There's Moss making a play. He looks badass with the visor too. Nice.

Buckin' Bronco

I say definitely better!!! We're not giving up chunks of real estate on the ground, that's a start! The O did score a TD and remember many key starters aren't playing tonight anyway!

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey guys I just tuned in. How has Jarvis Moss looked? Has he made any plays, or has he been a ghost?

I read that Clady was getting schooled early on by Mario Williams, but that's okay. It's his first game and he's going up against Mario Williams, plus they were running plays, which has been acknowledged as something he needs to work on: run blocking.

Moss has been a ghost. Cladys been great in pass protection, average in run blocking.

qbcutler
08-09-2008, 06:55 PM
watch the stream of the game here!!! O BRONCOS http://www.justin.tv/sportcenter

Peerless
08-09-2008, 06:56 PM
:laugh:

Jarvis Moss lined up off sides... yet the refs didn't notice.

Bronco_Armada
08-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Does not sound too good for green

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gNilK5QP3M68fCSn9ByxAGlKaZ_A

He was able to move his fingers (good sign)

Hope nothing too serious, hope he can return to practice within the month.

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Selvin looked ok...in space. but I want to see more authority up the defense's gut

diesel51
08-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Another redzone stop! Held them to a FG again. Guys, as long as we can do this, we can get better.

Here's hoping Ramsey plays better offensively.

go to justin.tv to watch the game!

link has been listed already

SimonSteele
08-09-2008, 06:58 PM
The only dismal showing I'm not worried about is Harris right now. He's been out of the game for awhile, I think he'll get it together in time for the season. Prater has me worried--I mean certainly it could be jitters, and we should support him getting his bad play out in the preseason, however this isn't uncommon for Prater. Other teams thought they had something special in him in the past, but then the season starts and he misses five field goals in two games or something.

He might be a choke artist.

Our defensive line could be in trouble. I liked seeing Marcus Thomas get some penetration though, I think he could be the defining piece of our line. If he steps it up, then everything changes.

Other than that--our D stepped up after the injuries. Our backup D looks rough, but our starting D (minus two critical starters) looked pretty good after Louis Green was carted off the field. Especially DJ Williams had some great plays.

Our offense really came together when Harris settled down for a second drive, and Clady quickly adjusted to Mario Williams--which says a lot for Clady.

I'm not sold that we're no better than last year...yet.

omahaBroncoFan
08-09-2008, 07:00 PM

Okay, HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME SOONER.
I've been refreshing 2 forum web browsers and NFL game center since the start of the game to know whats happening.

mb3playa
I have been rooting for the Syracuse Orange since I was 5 (now 22) The New York Knicks since I was 7.

How do you think I feel.

If you said like crap you win a CP! :D

like crap!

bleedbluorange
Ankle sprains can be bad. A high ankle sprain takes alot of time to heal

2 Minute Warning

Hey thanks.:D

Javalon
08-09-2008, 07:02 PM

Well, considering how little the starters play in the first game it's kind of difficult to say (plus a few guys aren't playing who would be in there if it was regular season).

Overall, the starting offense looked pretty good outside of Harris. The defense looked good versus the run which is a major improvement from last preseason. I just hope they don't sacrifice too much in pass defense to improve the run defense.

Backups are backups so you can't make too much of them. :)

TheJackal
08-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Who's filling in at SLB? Beck? Larsen?

Shsonline
08-09-2008, 07:03 PM
How come we've only seen one downfield pass all game?

Bronco_Armada
08-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Who's filling in at SLB? Beck? Larsen?

Niko came in last time we were on defense.

tdmt4
08-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I think the offense is goin to be great this year with more of an emphasis on the pass than in previous years. Niko should start over nate as he doesn't over pursue nearly as much. Harris looks horrible. Clady looks very good with the exception of run blocking one of the better DE in the league. Royal will contribute in this offense. Foxworth looks better every time I see him (watch your back dre). The safetys are servicable until we draft someone next year. Overall, I think better than last year