PDA

View Full Version : the (official?) mcfadden will be a bust thread

broncos1997
08-15-2008, 10:29 PM
i know some people think mcfadden will be a bust right now. just started this thread so that 2-3 years later if its still around lets see who REALLY had bragging rights.

mx_stiles13
08-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Honestly it's too early to tell.

But from what I've seen so far, agreed. :salute:

Gringosuave
08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
hes not going to be anything special this year, just watching him right now looks so average

JaysusCutler
08-15-2008, 10:42 PM
The man can run, that is for sure. The biggest thing I've noticed, is that if you take out his legs, he goes down quick, but if you try to hit him high, he will knock your ass out.

silkamilkamonic
08-15-2008, 10:49 PM
cue the next person to start the official "MCFadden will be a star" thread

raiderone
08-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Honestly it's too early to tell.

But from what I've seen so far, agreed. :salute:

So, by this logic, Chris Long is a bust because he has not had a sack yet, and Jake Long, what about him? Vernon Goldstin for the Jets? How has he done? Matt Ryan, pretty solid performance, is he the next Manning (Peyton) It is WAY too early to label anyone, or even begin to, no matter what team they play for. I think you want him to be a bust (hell I would too if he was a Bronco), but c'mon, its 2 games into the preseason.

JakeNbake
08-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I think only time will tell. To many guys now of days are busts, and too many guys drafted in late rounds or not drafted at all turn out to be stars. I think he has talent. Whether or not that translates to a HoF career or even a good one, I think it's too early to tell.

BroncoStampede
08-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Once we start calling him a bust in preseason, he will probably run all over us in week 1 and then play like a bust the rest of the year until he plays us again.

raiderone
08-15-2008, 10:55 PM
I think only time will tell. To many guys now of days are busts, and too many guys drafted in late rounds or not drafted at all turn out to be stars. I think he has talent. Whether or not that translates to a HoF career or even a good one, I think it's too early to tell.

Wow, a fan who knows football. Thanks! Its good to be in company with people who have common sense about things. Your right, its too early, you need to give a player 2-3 years, unless its a qb, then about 4 yrs. Unless someone, IE Ryan Leaf just completely blows up.

JaysusCutler
So, by this logic, Chris Long is a bust because he has not had a sack yet, and Jake Long, what about him? Vernon Goldstin for the Jets? How has he done? Matt Ryan, pretty solid performance, is he the next Manning (Peyton) It is WAY too early to label anyone, or even begin to, no matter what team they play for. I think you want him to be a bust (hell I would too if he was a Bronco), but c'mon, its 2 games into the preseason.

You remind me of a legend here, his name was OaklandRaider.

You think everyone is just retarded but you know everything there is to know about football. They are just predicting that he will be a bust, based on what they have seen from his running style, preseason performance, and skills. I don't really tihnk he will be a bust, but he could be. They aren't labeling him a bust like you seem to think, they are just predicting, so cool down.

jdubv724
Mcfadden is gonna be good. He has played a lot better than I thought he was going to... He probably is better than anyone we have right now.

He will NOT be a bust in the zone blocking scheme, he is running the way your supposed to in it.

JaysusCutler
08-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Mcfadden is gonna be good. He has played a lot better than I thought he was going to... He probably is better than anyone we have right now.

He will NOT be a bust in the zone blocking scheme, he is running the way your supposed to in it.

You are like a whole other person on GD.

JakeNbake
08-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow, a fan who knows football. Thanks! Its good to be in company with people who have common sense about things. Your right, its too early, you need to give a player 2-3 years, unless its a qb, then about 4 yrs. Unless someone, IE Ryan Leaf just completely blows up.
That being said, Ryan Leaf is better then your Fat QB (I don't believe this I just wanted to start **** because I'm bored)
P.S. I do mean he's fat

jdubv724
08-15-2008, 11:00 PM
You are like a whole other person on GD.

I can't not be biased in talking smack, if someone disses the Broncos I'm in homer mode :laugh:

Fat Joe
08-15-2008, 11:01 PM
I thought he was going to be a bust long before he became a Raider, so all homerism aside, I think he'll be a bust.

jdubv724
08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
The only thing that he could have a problem with is fumbles... But I haven't seen him fumble once in the preseason.

JaysusCutler
08-15-2008, 11:06 PM
It's a shame he is a Raider, because I loved this guy out of Arkansas and tohught he should have won the Heisman both years he was runner up. Now I must hope he has a dismal career or at least until he is not a Raider anymore.

#1BroncosFan!
08-15-2008, 11:44 PM
i hope McFadden is a bust...but im only saying that because he's on the raiders lol but yea he's not even the best running back on there team tho. I think Michael Bush is by far the better back! Even my dad "Raider fan" thinks bush is better...if the raiders get a good center and a franchise Tackle then i see DMC being a great back in this league with Michael bush...sorta like in USC with Reggie and Lendale which lane kiffin coached by the way...but i dnt see this all happening soon tho...maybe 2/3 years from now..

Spice 1
08-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Guy plays in two preseason games against good front sevens, and he's a bust. Sure. Maybe if the Jokeland could throw the ball, he'd have somewhere to run. I hope you are right though. I hope he busts like Mentos in a Coke Bottle.

raiderone
08-16-2008, 09:59 AM
You remind me of a legend here, his name was OaklandRaider.

You think everyone is just retarded but you know everything there is to know about football. They are just predicting that he will be a bust, based on what they have seen from his running style, preseason performance, and skills. I don't really tihnk he will be a bust, but he could be. They aren't labeling him a bust like you seem to think, they are just predicting, so cool down.

Cool down? Bro, I am as cool as as I can be right now, I have yet to begun to warm up. I never said ALL of you were, as you say, "retards". I simply gave props to one of your own for coming in with some common sense. No, I am not this OaklandRaider character you speak of, nor do I know him. Anymore smack, you know were to find me.

broncos1997
08-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I thought he was going to be a bust long before he became a Raider, so all homerism aside, I think he'll be a bust.

ya same here. but since i odn't watch college football that much i can only claim that i've said that during the the few weeks before the draft. but still counts if i said it before he went to the raiders right? i was just glad they didn't go after dorsey, that guys gonna be good.

Bouncer1531
08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
its too early to tell PERIOD