PDA

View Full Version : PFT: Chris Henry Rejoining Benglas

jdubv724
08-19-2008, 02:27 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/18/henry-rejoining-bengals/

On July 22, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said that bringing back banished receiver Chris Henry wasn’t “productive.”

“There is a responsibility to be a NFL player,” Lewis said. “It’s a privilege, not a right.”

President Mike Brown seconded the sentiments of the coach. “We don’t want that kind of behavior.”

It’s nice to have principles . . . as long as a team has healthy players.

According to James Walker of ESPN.com, Henry is on his way to Cincinnati to sign a contract that will put him back in the right kind of orange, and the right kind of stripes.

Henry has been suspended the first four games of the season, but is permitted to sign with a team and participate in practice.

Once he’s cleared to play, he’ll most likely step right into his old role as the No. 3 receiver. If Chad Johnson’s shoulder injury ends up being more serious than initially reported, Henry could be a starter.

Now that the “news” portion of this item is out of the way, allow us to editorialize for a moment.

Have the Bengals lost their freaking minds? Though we think that Henry deserves another chance, given that his most recent charges were ultimately dismissed and dropped, the last place he should get it is in Cincinnati. Henry is the personification of the team’s chronic disregard for men of character, and the message to the players, the fans, and to anyone else who’s paying attention continues to be that, in the Queen City, a joker can get a job as long as he can ball.
I figured the only people that would sign Henry would be the Cowboys or the Raiders.... What are the Bengals thinking?:goofy:

WhoDeyBengals
08-19-2008, 09:22 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/18/henry-rejoining-bengals/

I figured the only people that would sign Henry would be the Cowboys or the Raiders.... What are the Bengals thinking?:goofy:

The Bengals are probably thinking, "aw, crap."

Mike Brown, on the other hand, isn't thinking at all. :brick:

LordTrychon
08-19-2008, 09:25 AM
The Bengals are probably thinking, "aw, crap."

Mike Brown, on the other hand, isn't thinking at all. :brick:

Any news on Johnson?

WhoDeyBengals
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Any news on Johnson?

Sprained shoulder. Should play in the opener. :thumb:

Broncos724
08-19-2008, 09:42 AM
The reaction to this news seems to be overwhelmingly negative in Cincy. Marvin Lewis now looks like he has no real authority since Mike Brown completely ignored him and signed back Henry anyway. And it doesn't make any sense to me since by the time Henry can play both Chad and TJ will be fully healed.

And the Reds suck as usual...:sad: (Completely unrelated I know, but Cincy sports have not been going well lately lol)

LordTrychon
08-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Sprained shoulder. Should play in the opener. :thumb:

Glad to hear it. :thumb:

Giveemlove
08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Cincy should have left well enough alone. Got rid of the cancer and take it right back. :tsk:

Peerless
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
I guess the Bengals will just never learn.

saltybuggah
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
this is only goin to turn into comedy when henry screws up again and the commish punishes the team for taking him back....

i understand that the bengals are in need of a receiver but taking henry back knowing they could lose a draft pick if he screws up again is plain ol stupid