PDA

View Full Version : Chad Henne not ruled out as starter week 1

Fins4Life
08-20-2008, 09:13 AM
You can ask about the present, and Dolphins coach Tony Sparano will tell you rookie quarterback Chad Henne continues to challenge veteran Chad Pennington for the starting job. It is a matter of debate whether you choose to believe him.

Bring up the future, though, and suddenly the idea of a competition no longer seems to exist. It is barely debatable. These days, it isn't a matter of whether Henne will become Miami's starter. It is only a matter of when.

''This guy has really shown me great poise, he really has,'' Sparano said about Henne on Tuesday. ``Seeing those signs for the future is tremendous, it really is. It makes me feel comfortable.''

Some might argue that Miami fans have heard this before.

After all, former Dolphins coaches thought they also had this longtime quarterback quandary under control, just as Nick Saban thought Daunte Culpepper was the answer and Cam Cameron felt comfortable with Trent Green.

A rookie, though? Four months into his NFL career? This, no doubt, has a different feel. Coaches have privately endorsed Henne as the future leader of this team. Wide receivers see his poise in the huddle.

Even the defensive backfield has taken notice of Henne's rapid progress, saying he isn't far from being ready to start.

''Very soon,'' cornerback Andre' Goodman said without a moment of thought Tuesday. ``As a secondary, we've been talking about him all camp. He looks ready. He looks confident and poised. You can be confident and fiery and loose, but he's also very poised.

``I don't think it's going to take long.''

LbloodOjunkieG
08-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I hope Chad win's the job. I'm a fan of his, seems like yesterday to me when he was a Freshman at Michigan. Time flys.

Fins4Life
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I hope Chad win's the job. I'm a fan of his, seems like yesterday to me when he was a Freshman at Michigan. Time flys.

I have been pretty suprised by him so far. I think the organization and fans realize the chances of Pennington playing all 16 games are at about the same odds of the Fins winning the super bowl:laugh:

I would lo0ve it if Pennington could last the first half of the season, and then giveway to the future. Were not going to be good this year so let the rookie learn and make mistakes now.

LbloodOjunkieG
08-21-2008, 01:04 AM
I have been pretty suprised by him so far. I think the organization and fans realize the chances of Pennington playing all 16 games are at about the same odds of the Fins winning the super bowl:laugh:

I would lo0ve it if Pennington could last the first half of the season, and then giveway to the future. Were not going to be good this year so let the rookie learn and make mistakes now.

Do you think Henne is the answer at QB? Do you see him starting for the Fins 3, 4, 5 years down the road? I'm also a fan of Ginn's. What is the chemistry like between Henne and Ginn?

Fins4Life
08-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Today the Dolphins officially announced that Chad pennington is the starter for week one against his former team the Jets.

RunYouOver
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Today the Dolphins officially announced that Chad pennington is the starter for week one against his former team the Jets.

Good.

I'm happy for him :cheers:

Hope he does well!

Legendary30
08-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I hope the Dolphins beat the Jets so Pennington will have the last laugh.

Starbroncs
08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I hope the Dolphins beat the Jets so Pennington will have the last laugh.

I hope the dolphins win so I dont have to hear about how Favre is god all week. :D