PDA

View Full Version : More good news!

PatrickdaDookie
08-23-2008, 03:16 PM
It looks like Week 2 just got a bit easier.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/23/merriman-has-two-torn-knee-ligaments/

The Experience
08-23-2008, 03:18 PM

I don't like to see anyone get hurt (except Phillip Rivers becaus he is an *******) but this willl help us week 2.

bobybushia
08-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Thats not really good news. Hes a good player who only on occasions takes steroids. Other wise hes a ... well hes a charger. so not much to say, but you shouldnt say its good news to say someone got hurt. IMO its unethical.

PatrickdaDookie
08-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't like to see anyone get hurt (except Phillip Rivers becaus he is an *******) but this willl help us week 2.

Merriman's a pompous jerk and, in this particular instance, he got what he deserved. Those steroids don't seem so smart now...

The Experience
08-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Merriman's a pompous jerk and, in this particular instance, he got what he deserved. Those steroids don't seem so smart now...

I hate Merriman too, but I just think its cool to say its good when someone gets hurt, unless its Rivers

London Bronco
08-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I hate Merriman too, but I just think its cool to say its good when someone gets hurt, unless its Rivers

i think it's cool too! The more hurt the better :D

Bigplayshay84
08-23-2008, 03:55 PM
You are such politically correct hypocrites(and secret Charger fans). Merriman is a cheater, steroid user, and a hot head. He should have read the label before he shot up his cocktail. He physically pushed his body harder than it was designed to push, he didn't listen to his body, and this is what he gets.

See ya Shawn "I poop testosterone in large amounts" Merriman!:fight:

berlownacyo7s
08-23-2008, 03:59 PM
As a Bronco fan I am excited to hear that one of the Chargers' best players is down. But as a football fan in general I am sad. Despite his attitude and his playing for a rival team, Merriman is a great football player and I feel bad for him.

biglenny
08-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Honestly I would rather him be in the game I think our O is on its way and I would like to see us pull a win out with him on the field to shut the boltz up for awhile :rockon:

Bronco Axe
08-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately they really wont need him, their defense is still good without him. Now if LT and Gates are out or not 100%, then they are in BIG TROUBLE!!

JaysusCutler
08-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Yeah you're not a total d-bag.

24CHAMPionships
08-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Its not good news when a player gets hurt.....we (broncos) are a class organization and we take it serious when someone gets hurt....besides, I want to beat them with all their stars so there's no excuses!

PatrickdaDookie
08-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah you're not a total d-bag.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for someone who did this to themself?

Just desserts.

atl-bronco
08-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Although I hope his career is not over; It seems like that window of charger-opportunity just got a lil smaller.

imahardkase
08-23-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm conflicted any time I hear about an injury to a division rival (or anybody the broncos are playing on Sunday), because my first instinct is to think "man I hope that guy isn't coming back into the game." Then I feel guilty, because I don't wish physical injury on anybody (even if they play for the raiders).

If this injury turns out to be career ending, then I look at this as a loss to the entire NFL. It's never good for football to lose one of it's most exciting young players (even if the broncs benefit). It reminds me of Derrick Thomas. I'd much rather be talking about how much I hate that guy because he's killing us 2x a year. Sometimes football is just a distant second.

PatrickdaDookie
08-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm conflicted any time I hear about an injury to a division rival (or anybody the broncos are playing on Sunday), because my first instinct is to think "man I hope that guy isn't coming back into the game." Then I feel guilty, because I don't wish physical injury on anybody (even if they play for the raiders).

If this injury turns out to be career ending, then I look at this as a loss to the entire NFL. It's never good for football to lose one of it's most exciting young players (even if the broncs benefit). It reminds me of Derrick Thomas. I'd much rather be talking about how much I hate that guy because he's killing us 2x a year. Sometimes football is just a distant second.

Derrick Thomas was a classy guy. There is a big difference.

Wolverine83
08-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Derrick Thomas was a classy guy. There is a big difference.

Well some people on this board think living and playing football for a living are basically the same. :rolleyes:
I got a thread about this removed from the smack forum, so who knows if this conversation will even continue further.
But I think saying someone taking steroids getting hurt later isn't what they deserve is, in most cases, people just trying to be politically correct.
News Flash sensitive sarahs - If Merriman quits playing football, he will still be alive! :rolleyes:

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 01:37 AM
it's a shame that fans of a team who so recently experienced a great tragedy, take pleasure in a guy who might be out a whole season, when it's not even proven it was from steroid useage

(it was from the titans)

i guess you're going to celebrate that texans player who just broke a vertebrae too...i mean he must have obviously been on steroids since he got hurt, right?

osi umenyiora too right?

try and use your brains.....you have a guy currently on your team who took steroids himself, so you're coming off as huge hypocrites, much like the few retarded charger fans who showed a lack of class regarding the darrent williams death (yes there were a few retards who made jokes, which is disgusting)

congrats to a few of you, you've sunk to that retarded level

to the good denver fans, i'm sorry you're burdened with these few fake football fans , my team's fanbase has some of these pathetic human beings too.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Well some people on this board think living and playing football for a living are basically the same. :rolleyes:
I got a thread about this removed from the smack forum, so who knows if this conversation will even continue further.
But I think saying someone taking steroids getting hurt later isn't what they deserve is, in most cases, people just trying to be politically correct.
News Flash sensitive sarahs - If Merriman quits playing football, he will still be alive! :rolleyes:this 'fan' of yours is basically calling for kenny peterson to suffer a career ending injury.....

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 01:46 AM
it's a shame that fans of a team who so recently experienced a great tragedy, take pleasure in a guy who might be out a whole season, when it's not even proven it was from steroid useage

(it was from the titans)

i guess you're going to celebrate that texans player who just broke a vertebrae too...i mean he must have obviously been on steroids since he got hurt, right?

osi umenyiora too right?

try and use your brains.....you have a guy currently on your team who took steroids himself, so you're coming off as huge hypocrites, much like the few retarded charger fans who showed a lack of class regarding the darrent williams death (yes there were a few retards who made jokes, which is disgusting)

congrats to a few of you, you've sunk to that retarded level

to the good denver fans, i'm sorry you're burdened with these few fake football fans , my team's fanbase has some of these pathetic human beings too.

How many life-threatening examples are going to be brought up in this argument? MERRIMAN HAS BUSTED KNEES!!!!!! It isn't Derrick Thomas, Darrent Williams, or anyone in football who ever had to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair!!!
You can try and lump it into the same thing all you want, but it isn't. He took steroids, he ended up having a season ending, possibly career ending injury. Not at all life-threatening. Someone saying he got what he deserves being grouped with people making fun of someone dying is what is "retarded"
Oh and if you are so sensitive, why use the word retarded, what if someone on here is offended by that.
And for the record, I support a steroid and cheater free NFL, that goes for Merriman, Sauerbraun, Webster, and the next BRONCO or CHARGER that gets busted. I think its the only way to clean up sports - thats my opinion.

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 01:49 AM
this 'fan' of yours is basically calling for kenny peterson to suffer a career ending injury.....

Well, just like with Merriman, I wasn't watching him play hoping for that serious injury, and once again, I'm not playing god by busting Merriman's knees, but, let me make this clear...
If Kenny Peterson, Todd Sauerbraun, anyone else that used roids...
has a career ending injury...

THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED!

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 01:49 AM
How many life-threatening examples are going to be brought up in this argument? MERRIMAN HAS BUSTED KNEES!!!!!! It isn't Derrick Thomas, Darrent Williams, or anyone in football who ever had to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair!!!
You can try and lump it into the same thing all you want, but it isn't. He took steroids, he ended up having a season ending, possibly career ending injury. Not at all life-threatening. Someone saying he got what he deserves being grouped with people making fun of someone dying is what is "retarded"
Oh and if you are so sensitive, why use the word retarded, what if someone on here is offended by that.
And for the record, I support a steroid and cheater free NFL, that goes for Merriman, Sauerbraun, Webster, and the next BRONCO or CHARGER that gets busted. I think its the only way to clean up sports - thats my opinion.so you openly hate kenny peterson? ok

and you're also saying that if an athlete gets injured, who took steroids, it had to be because of the steroids, this is what you're saying? even though you know he got chopblocked in tennessee...this is what you're going with?

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Well, just like with Merriman, I wasn't watching him play hoping for that serious injury, and once again, I'm not playing god by busting Merriman's knees, but, let me make this clear...
If Kenny Peterson, Todd Sauerbraun, anyone else that used roids...
has a career ending injury...

THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED!so you're saying a player who used steroids once, and had 20+ negative tests, and 1 positive, but then over a year later gets chopblocked, he got what he deserved, even if he's served his suspension time, and has , per the nfl, been clean since?

that's your stance?

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 01:54 AM
so guys, what you have here is a broncos 'fan' who is openly saying if kenny peterson were to be chopblocked week 1 vs oakland, he'd be saying kenny peterson got what he deserved, cause he did steroids once, and has already served his suspension, and deserves to get injured even though he served his suspension.

that's this 'fans' stance

he's saying any injury to a player who took steroids at any time during their career, is to be blamed on the steroid usage.....

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 01:54 AM
so you openly hate kenny peterson? ok

and you're also saying that if an athlete gets injured, who took steroids, it had to be because of the steroids, this is what you're saying? even though you know he got chopblocked in tennessee...this is what you're going with?

I never said I hate anybody. I said if he gets his career ended early (ie. What a lifetime ban would do)
he is getting what he deserves.
Not having the ability to play football physically does not at all mean a person's health is at risk.

I'm not saying he HAD to of gotten injured because of steroids at all, I'm saying he took steroids, so he doesn't deserve to play a game for millions of dollars as his career anymore. Most football players play 1 or 2 seasons and are set for life, and if you are stupid enough to have that opporunity because of your talent, and then choose to risk it all by cheating, THEN YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 01:57 AM
so guys, what you have here is a broncos 'fan' who is openly saying if kenny peterson were to be chopblocked week 1 vs oakland, he'd be saying kenny peterson got what he deserved, cause he did steroids once, and has already served his suspension, and deserves to get injured even though he served his suspension.

that's this 'fans' stance

he's saying any injury to a player who took steroids at any time during their career, is to be blamed on the steroid usage.....

It is my stance, that a cheater should be banned for life. I am realistic enough to know that will probably never happen. That being said, if Kenny Peterson's career ended tomorrow, he got what he deserved by cheating, just like Shawne Merriman.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 01:59 AM
I never said I hate anybody. I said if he gets his career ended early (ie. What a lifetime ban would do)
he is getting what he deserves.
Not having the ability to play football physically does not at all mean a person's health is at risk.

I'm not saying he HAD to of gotten injured because of steroids at all, I'm saying he took steroids, so he doesn't deserve to play a game for millions of dollars as his career anymore. Most football players play 1 or 2 seasons and are set for life, and if you are stupid enough to have that opporunity because of your talent, and then choose to risk it all by cheating, THEN YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.so what you're saying is, you don't respect the nfl's policies? you think instead of the initial 4 game suspension for first time steroid use, it should be a lifetime ban for the 1st time, ok

so how do you even continue to be a fan of the nfl when you don't agree with their drug policy?

i'm also guessing you don't believe in 2nd chances for people...yes? i mean at least not for steroid users? with this stance i don't see how you are a fan of the nfl.

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 02:04 AM
so what you're saying is, you don't respect the nfl's policies? you think instead of the initial 4 game suspension for first time steroid use, it should be a lifetime ban for the 1st time, ok

so how do you even continue to be a fan of the nfl when you don't agree with their drug policy?

i'm also guessing you don't believe in 2nd chances for people...yes? i mean at least not for steroid users? with this stance i don't see how you are a fan of the nfl.

I think if the NFL doesn't fix its steroids policy, its going to end up with a "questionable era" just like baseball.
The NFL isn't untouchable, all it takes is one Jose Canseco book and all of a sudden we have the same mess baseball has.

I can still be a fan of the Broncos and of football while strongly disagreeing with what I see as an overly leniant steroids policy.

Random testing and a 4-game suspension for the first offense. Not much of a deterrent if you ask me.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:12 AM
I think if the NFL doesn't fix its steroids policy, its going to end up with a "questionable era" just like baseball.
The NFL isn't untouchable, all it takes is one Jose Canseco book and all of a sudden we have the same mess baseball has.

I can still be a fan of the Broncos and of football while strongly disagreeing with what I see as an overly leniant steroids policy.

Random testing and a 4-game suspension for the first offense. Not much of a deterrent if you ask me.i don't think you're going to find any era of the nfl that wasn't questionable at least starting with the 60's and going up to now, by your criteria

i mean, romanowski, alzado, steel curtain, 63 chargers

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 02:17 AM
i don't think you're going to find any era of the nfl that wasn't questionable at least starting with the 60's and going up to now, by your criteria

i mean, romanowski, alzado, steel curtain, 63 chargers

Well, compare that to your gut feeling about EVERY home run hitter in baseball in the past 15 years.

I'm just saying it could be worse, as it is in baseball.

This whole steroids thing isn't going away, for good reason. Kids will always idolize pro athletes, and as a parent you can't be too comfortable with that if most of these idols are cheating. That is just one of many many reasons I take a hard stance on the steroids issue.

Competition, to me, is pointless and boring, if not fair. If I want to watch BS, I will watch Pro wrestling. Football is great because of the players talent, cheating only ruins sports.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Well, compare that to your gut feeling about EVERY home run hitter in baseball in the past 15 years.

I'm just saying it could be worse, as it is in baseball.

This whole steroids thing isn't going away, for good reason. Kids will always idolize pro athletes, and as a parent you can't be too comfortable with that if most of these idols are cheating. That is just one of many many reasons I take a hard stance on the steroids issue.

Competition, to me, is pointless and boring, if not fair. If I want to watch BS, I will watch Pro wrestling. Football is great because of the players talent, cheating only ruins sports.ok but where do you draw the line and say steroid cheating = lifetime ban, other cheating = let em off with a fine and act like it's still good?

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 02:26 AM
ok but where do you draw the line and say steroid cheating = lifetime ban, other cheating = let em off with a fine and act like it's still good?

I don't. Steroids is obviously the most obvious cheating, but I think Belicheat (I really can't spell his name, no joke) should be banned for life too. I can't think of any other examples off the top off my head, but if someone stole the opposing teams playbook, ban them for life, etc. etc.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:28 AM
I don't. Steroids is obviously the most obvious cheating, but I think Belicheat (I really can't spell his name, no joke) should be banned for life too. I can't think of any other examples off the top off my head, but if someone stole the opposing teams playbook, ban them for life, etc. etc.you're aware denver was fined by the nfl for cheating as well, right? a 3rd round pick and huge amount of cash.

PatrickdaDookie
08-24-2008, 02:29 AM
There's a big difference between season-ending injuries and life-threatening ones. That's why my avatar boasts Kevin Everett's numbers.

The great thing about this Merriman situation is that I'm far from the only one who thinks it's hilariously ironic. Perhaps people would lighten up on him if he hadn't made himself such a target with his showboating attitude and arrogance.

If such an injury happened to one of my team's players due to steroids, all I could say is "well, that sucks, but it's his own damn fault." That's why I've been in favor of a Brandon Marshall suspension all summer - it's his own damn fault.

Maybe it's today's modern day civility that says that we need to root for everyone to be healthy and have a good time on the field. Whatever it is, I think some people need to grow some thicker skin. Shawn Merriman is a poster child for several things wrong with today's NFL, and since this injury is partially from his own stupidty, I will continue to celebrate in his misery.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:31 AM
There's a big difference between season-ending injuries and life-threatening ones. That's why my avatar boasts Kevin Everett's numbers.

The great thing about this Merriman situation is that I'm far from the only one who thinks it's hilariously ironic. Perhaps people would lighten up on him if he hadn't made himself such a target with his showboating attitude and arrogance.

If such an injury happened to one of my team's players due to steroids, all I could say is "well, that sucks, but it's his own damn fault." That's why I've been in favor of a Brandon Marshall suspension all summer - it's his own damn fault.

Maybe it's today's modern day civility that says that we need to root for everyone to be healthy and have a good time on the field. Whatever it is, I think some people need to grow some thicker skin. Shawn Merriman is a poster child for several things wrong with today's NFL, and since this injury is partially from his own stupidty, I will continue to celebrate in his misery.was it due to steroids though?

can you prove it, and that it wasn't the chopblock in tennessee?

can you even prove the supplement story was false? goodell went to bat for him, even though the automatic suspension had to be upheld.

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 02:32 AM
you're aware denver was fined by the nfl for cheating as well, right? a 3rd round pick and huge amount of cash.

Yes, and like I've said, WHOEVER it is, whether it be my current favorite NFL player Jay Cutler, or the best defensive player on my team's rival, Shawne Merriman, I don't want cheaters in sports.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:34 AM

Maybe it's today's modern day civility that says that we need to root for everyone to be healthy and have a good time on the field. Whatever it is, I think some people need to grow some thicker skin. Shawn Merriman is a poster child for several things wrong with today's NFL, and since this injury is partially from his own stupidty, I will continue to celebrate in his misery.i saw comments such as this from some of my retarded charger fans about darrent williams death, and the situation they said he put himself in, at the club.

personally i think celebrating in one's misery makes you a pathetic human being

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Yes, and like I've said, WHOEVER it is, whether it be my current favorite NFL player Jay Cutler, or the best defensive player on my team's rival, Shawne Merriman, I don't want cheaters in sports.bowlen's still there, so is shanny

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 02:38 AM
the chopblock in tennessee?

you obviously keep coming back to this, well personally i don't care if it happened by him slipping on a banana peel, the minute he took roids, he didn't deserve to play football for a living.

how hard is it to get paid millions of dollars, whether good or bad, to play a game for a living? if its not too much to ask, can you not cheat while getting paid all those millions? thanks. :D

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:44 AM
you obviously keep coming back to this, well personally i don't care if it happened by him slipping on a banana peel, the minute he took roids, he didn't deserve to play football for a living.

how hard is it to get paid millions of dollars, whether good or bad, to play a game for a living? if its not too much to ask, can you not cheat while getting paid all those millions? thanks. :Dwhat if it was a tainted supplement though

does he still deserve to lose his career over taking a supplement that wasn't nfl approved?

i think what this all boils down to is, you don't believe in 2nd chances, and guys redeeming themselves, if the whole supplement thing is bs

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 02:45 AM
actually you don't believe in 2nd chances in sports, i don't know if you apply this to non sports life.

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 02:55 AM
i think what this all boils down to is, you don't believe in 2nd chances, and guys redeeming themselves,

when it comes to cheating, no i don't

Wolverine83
08-24-2008, 02:58 AM
look, it doesn't matter because i don't think the nfl will ever take this stance anyway, but all i know is baseball is a joke, and its because of steroids.

the next 60 HR hitter in baseball could of done it the right way, but it doesn't matter now, because all everyone is going to be thinking is 'well you never know, we didnt think all these guys were doing it'

until there is a test they use for hgh, all pro sports are in trouble, baseball obviously being in by far the most trouble as of now.

Nomad Broncofan
08-24-2008, 04:48 AM
I wouldn't say the game has gotten easier. Denver lost to SD last year without Merriman! But I will say this game is a must-win, not just for divisional purpose, but for the psychy of the BRONCOS vs the Chargers.

meanmachine22
08-24-2008, 12:03 PM
i wouldn't wish for someone's career to be over,but i do wish that it was rivers that was hurt ....for the season!:smug:

Botan
08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
you're aware denver was fined by the nfl for cheating as well, right? a 3rd round pick and huge amount of cash.

I really hope you're informed when you call us cheaters.

The sole purpose of deferring certain payments was due to a cash flow problem in paying for the new stadium. What was done wasn't meant to give the broncos a competitive advantage. While what happened was certainly stupid and probably wrong, its a whole lot less serious and innocent than deliberately taking steroids or taping someones defensive signals.

By the way, saying its good that someone got hurt is bad karma and in bad taste. No matter who it is.

TONYTZ
08-24-2008, 06:27 PM
As a Bronco fan I am excited to hear that one of the Chargers' best players is down. But as a football fan in general I am sad. Despite his attitude and his playing for a rival team, Merriman is a great football player and I feel bad for him.

I feel for him ( BUT I CAN'T REACH )
I will not miss that stupid sack dance he does, I think it is totally classless and repulsive. To bad Rivers Jaw doesn't get broken so he can not talk **** any more ,I would love to see his Jaw wired shut.:clap:

str8jacket
08-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow, I just lost alot of respect for you. It's a shame to see someone think someone getting hurt and having their normal regular life off the field in jeopardy somewhat, and being happy about it?.......thats just sick.

stnzed
08-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Trust me, Merriman will play, he'll get the same Hero treatment that Phylis got......

PatrickdaDookie
08-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Wow, I just lost alot of respect for you. It's a shame to see someone think someone getting hurt and having their normal regular life off the field in jeopardy somewhat, and being happy about it?.......thats just sick.

1) His life is not in jeopardy, nor is his ability to walk or function like a normal human being. That is, unless he is an idiot and listens to those horrendous doctors in San Diego who want him to play a season minus two ligaments. Merriman should lay some serious wood on Norv Turner for providing public pressure for him to play this season. It also shows just how much of an idiot Norv Turner really is.

2) I'm not going to cry over any multi-millionaire who plays a game for a living. Especially when he does so in a manner that is disrespectful to the legacy of the sport.

-Rod-
08-25-2008, 07:06 AM
I think it's a pitty. If we want to beat the Chargers properly, let it be with Merriman, LT, Rivers, Cromartie, Gates, etc on the field. But with this bad knee, Merriman should think about his future and sit out this season, otherwise he might receive a cut block which he will never forget.