PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs being Manhandled by the dolphins on their first drive.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Pennington has actually looked elusive on a couple of plays.. sprinting for a first down on one play, and avoiding the rush with a slide and step on another. Jake Long has looked very good at LT so far as well.

KC did have a good 3 play, goal line stop, though.

This is the first possession of the game, KC hasn't had the ball yet.

Score:

Miami: 3

KC: 0

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Pennington has actually looked elusive on a couple of plays.. sprinting for a first down on one play, and avoiding the rush with a slide and step on another. Jake Long has looked very good at LT so far as well.

KC did have a good 3 play, goal line stop, though.

This is the first possession of the game, KC hasn't had the ball yet.

Score:

Miami: 3

KC: 0

Sucks that we couldnt punch it in for 7 though...

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Sucks that we couldnt punch it in for 7 though...

yeah.. I was shocked. Ricky was running the ball well all the way down the field and they were shut down on the goal line three times in a row (well, second down pushed them back a few yards).

jdubv724
08-23-2008, 04:56 PM
:laugh: Good thread title. I guess you put it in the right section, no chief fans come to the smack section

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Chiefs starting on their one yard line after returning the KO (the kid stepped out of bounds after catching it on the one).. WOULD have been stuffed for a safety had it not been for a miami defense penalty.

Max Power
08-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Is Glenn Dorsey starting? Was he getting manhandled too?

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 04:58 PM
:laugh: Good thread title. I guess you put it in the right section, no chief fans come to the smack section

I know when I use to be on here before there was a lot of Chiefs fans. Were did they all go:confused:

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Larry Johnson is a good Runner... and is running good.. but he is STILL a bad bad blocker. He just about got his QB knocked out.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Chiefs punting from their own 20yrd line after Croyle getting continued pressure from the Dolphins D-line.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:04 PM
I know when I use to be on here before there was a lot of Chiefs fans. Were did they all go:confused:

k-martin started to realize that he was just embarrassing himself when he came here... don't know about the rest.

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Chiefs punting from their own 20yrd line after Croyle getting continued pressure from the Dolphins D-line.

I love a sack on the first drive:rockon:

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Is Glenn Dorsey starting? Was he getting manhandled too?

Great question.... I was TRYING to watch on justin TV until the cardinals game was over... so that they would switch it over. If Dorsey was lined up against Jake Long, then he was getting pressure up field.. but Long was pushing and manipulating where he was going... pushing him pass Pennington and such.

So the picture was terrible and extremely choppy.. but now on regular TV, and will give you more on this after this drive.

*considering Dorsey is a DT and not a DE.... I don't think that was dorsey that was the player I'm referring to*

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Great question.... I was TRYING to watch on justin TV until the cardinals game was over... so that they would switch it over. If Dorsey was lined up against Jake Long, then he was getting pressure up field.. but Long was pushing and manipulating where he was going... pushing him pass Pennington and such.

So the picture was terrible and extremely choppy.. but now on regular TV, and will give you more on this after this drive.

Glenn Dorsey is lined up on the guard Justin Smiley.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Croyle got sacked because he wsa PURLY looking at Tony G and not going through his progressions. Tony had people all over hm, but Croyle kept his eyes on him and him only... getting sacked.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Glenn Dorsey is lined up on the guard Justin Smiley.

RIGHT.. and as from what I'm seeing on this drive with only these few plays... Dorsey is NOT being manhandled at all. The Dolphins are doing a good job with him,b ut he's been in the Dolphins back field a couple times that relied on Ricky Williams to make the move around him.

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 05:14 PM
RIGHT.. and as from what I'm seeing on this drive with only these few plays... Dorsey is NOT being manhandled at all. The Dolphins are doing a good job with him,b ut he's been in the Dolphins back field a couple times that relied on Ricky Williams to make the move around him.

I agree...

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Wow...

I know the few Chief fans that are on these boards will agree with me, so I'm not saying it with smack....

Brodie Croyle is bad.... bad bad

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Ted Ginn 59 yard punt return for TD!!!:O

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Ted Ginn 59 yard punt return for TD!!!:O

yeah.. that justifies that #9 over all pick!! :smug: ;)

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Nice! Croyle gets sacked and fumbles! Dolphins Ball.

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Croyle gets the ball knocked out of his hand on the second drive of that series. So they have a 3 play drive and punt, a TD returned on the punt, and a 2 play drive ending in a sack/fumble loss.

Dophins 10
Chiefs 0

BroncoFaninMO
08-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I am a HUGE Bronco fan(15 years strong) living in KC. I have 6 fantasy players in my private league and need 6 more. If you'd like to play(it is free),email me at steelmanfam@peoplepc.com and I will give you the password to get in. I need more Bronco fans!!!! Peace!!!

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 05:33 PM
you can see where a QB can very quickly change the play of a football franchise. Just look at how fast the Chiefs have fallen after losing Trent Green, and look how much better the Dolphins look with Pennington behind center. Its like night and day.

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Chad Pennington to A Fasano TD. 17-0 Fins

jdubv724
08-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Are the Chiefs that bad? Or are the Dolphins far from a 1-15 team now?

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 06:02 PM

I would say its a little bit of both to be honest...

Freestyle
08-23-2008, 06:03 PM
The title of this thread made me laugh :laugh:

Ravage!!!
08-23-2008, 07:09 PM

The Chiefs are just that bad.

Fins4Life
08-23-2008, 07:13 PM
The Chiefs are just that bad.

The Fins didnt give anything up to the jags starters or the Bucs, so give the Fins a little credit.:rolleyes: This is three weeks in a row the starters look great!

Fins 24-0

GridironChamp
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Dorsey played decent, Flowers played good, and D. Johnson played amazing... adn thats about it.

Dorsey looks more like a 2 gap DT for KC than the 1 gapper he was at LSU. He has yet to blow up a RB in the backfield or sack a QB in like 2 seconds... Yet he gets doubled at least every other play and does a decent job of pushing on into the backfield. Jake Long wasnt overly impressive yet not bad, but then again Tamba Hali struggles at LE. Flowers is all over the field making plays, only messed up once that i remember, and if Savage doesnt make the team over BJ Sams IDK what i'll do.

Spyder
08-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Both of these teams are a joke.

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 12:09 PM

Your a great contribution to the boards:rolleyes:

Spyder
08-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Your a great contribution to the boards:rolleyes:

What? The truth has to be spoken.

Miami and Kansas City are the laughing stocks of football.

That's a fact.

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
What? The truth has to be spoken.

Miami and Kansas City are the laughing stocks of football.

That's a fact.

Last year is over...but if you want to live in the past I guess you forgot your team was 7-9 right:confused:Yeah the Broncos were a real powerhouse:rolleyes:

Spyder
08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Last year is over...but if you want to live in the past I guess you forgot your team was 7-9 right:confused:Yeah the Broncos were a real powerhouse:rolleyes:

Did I ever say they were a power house? You might wanna try reading my previous posts over. But in any case, if you wanna go that route, that's still 6 more wins the joke Dolphins had and that was considered a horrible year by Bronco standards.

I don't care if last year is over or not, the Dolphins are a laughing stock.

Starbroncs
08-24-2008, 01:52 PM

Same reason why there wasnt a single chief or raider fan on these boards the whole season. Raider fans are just now starting to come back, they are nowhere to be seen if they are losing. I think chiefs will be the worst team in the league this season.

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Same reason why there wasnt a single chief or raider fan on these boards the whole season. Raider fans are just now starting to come back, they are nowhere to be seen if they are losing. I think chiefs will be the worst team in the league this season.

I know we wont be great, and we probably wont be a (good) team. We will be respectable...not a joke. We have brought in 47 new players and a new coaching staff. We are not the same team from last year.

GridironChamp
08-24-2008, 07:10 PM

Half that statement is true....

And Im on the opposite side you'd think I'd be on... :)

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Half that statement is true....

And Im on the opposite side you'd think I'd be on... :)

One thing I noticed watching the game is that Tank Tyler and Glenn Dorsey is a load in the middle. Those two were impressive to me. I also really like your LB Johnson. He plays fast and hard. I didnt realize that you guys D was ranked in the top 5 in 9 different categories. You guys also have a young team. They will get better as the year goes on.

RedRaptor
08-24-2008, 07:21 PM
One thing I noticed watching the game is that Tank Tyler and Glenn Dorsey is a load in the middle. Those two were impressive to me. I also really like your LB Johnson. He plays fast and hard. I didnt realize that you guys D was ranked in the top 5 in 9 different categories. You guys also have a young team. They will get better as the year goes on.

What I think will be hard to get used to will be that KC might be known for its defense playing much better than its offense for awhile...

Ravage!!!
08-24-2008, 07:23 PM
What I think will be hard to get used to will be that KC might be known for its defense playing much better than its offense for awhile...

That was the Chiefs all through the 90s.... thats not that hard to imagine.

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 07:26 PM

I think its easier to build a good defense then an offense. I think its easier to miss on skill position draft picks.

RedRaptor
08-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Yeah...I'm thinking a little too recently...but then again, I probably heard a lot more around here from Chief fans when they had an offense than a defense. Then again, I didn't really know as many die-hard Chief fans back then...mostly Packers. I guess that was a bit of a premature comment I made :D

RedRaptor
08-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I think its easier to build a good defense then an offense. I think its easier to miss on skill position draft picks.

I agree...although it looks a bit harder to find up front than with LB's and CB's, but I think the Chiefs have the start of a very good looking D-line.

Skill positions look extremely hard to judge, I'm glad I'll never have to do that :eek: I mean, people raved about Reggie Bush and while he can make good plays here and there hasn't exactly blown people away like Adrian Peterson has.

GridironChamp
08-24-2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah, you touched on every bright spot for KC so far...

Dorsey, Edwards and Tyler (the DTs)
Johnson
The youth (Franklin had been impressive and so has Flowers)

Thats about the end of it. I hope KC has a good defense apposed to a bad one. IF we suck on offense but have a good D at least we will only loose games like 13 to 6 instead of 35 to 10.

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, you touched on every bright spot for KC so far...

Dorsey, Edwards and Tyler (the DTs)
Johnson
The youth (Franklin had been impressive and so has Flowers)

Thats about the end of it. I hope KC has a good defense apposed to a bad one. IF we suck on offense but have a good D at least we will only loose games like 13 to 6 instead of 35 to 10.

As happy as I was last night...I put into perspective that it was only a pre-season game. The only thing Im hangin onto is that the starters looked great against the Jags and Bucks. It remains to be seen if it varries over into week 1 against the Jets.

GridironChamp
08-24-2008, 07:51 PM
As happy as I was last night...I put into perspective that it was only a pre-season game. The only thing Im hangin onto is that the starters looked great against the Jags and Bucks. It remains to be seen if it varries over into week 1 against the Jets.

From my standpoint Miami looked pretty impressive... besides that Pennington still isnt allowed or just cant throw the ball over 10 yards (in the air). I would think for their sake, that Henne starts. Not that Pennington can take a team to the playoffs, just he has a very limited upside unlike Henne.

Ravage!!!
08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
From my standpoint Miami looked pretty impressive... besides that Pennington still isnt allowed or just cant throw the ball over 10 yards (in the air). I would think for their sake, that Henne starts. Not that Pennington can take a team to the playoffs, just he has a very limited upside unlike Henne.

Pennington looked great and Henne looked very...... rookie.

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 07:59 PM

I dont know I disagree about Pennington...against the Jags he threw 2 20 plus yard darts to Ginn, and as far as Henne goes he needs to watch from the sideline as long as possible. He has looked good for a rookie, but he still didnt manage to get the Dolphins into the end zone.

Fins4Life
08-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Pennington looked great and Henne looked very...... rookie.

yeah...Henne looked much better the two previous games. What can you expect though from a rookie QB. They all struggle to a certain degree. This is the NFL. If it was that easy it wouldnt be Americas most popular sport. Henne is the future though...I hope:confused:

Ravage!!!
08-24-2008, 08:03 PM
yeah...Henne looked much better the two previous games. What can you expect though from a rookie QB. They all struggle to a certain degree. This is the NFL. If it was that easy it wouldnt be Americas most popular sport. Henne is the future though...I hope:confused:

Agreed. Thats why I wasn't saying he looked bad... but he looked like a rookie.

Pennington is still, by far, your best QB on the roster.

The KC Chiefs should have gone after him the MOMENT he was rumored to be released. Bowe is probably saying the same thing in KC :salute:

GridironChamp
08-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I dont know I disagree about Pennington...against the Jags he threw 2 20 plus yard darts to Ginn, and as far as Henne goes he needs to watch from the sideline as long as possible. He has looked good for a rookie, but he still didnt manage to get the Dolphins into the end zone.

See that game I did not see, but from the KC game he looked like the same old Pennington.

Henne still has alot to learn, but i think he still offers more of an upside. If he can chill on the sideline while Miami has good seasons then that is ok. If they start struggling again, I dont see how Parcells wouldnt give him a shot.

GridironChamp
08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Agreed. Thats why I wasn't saying he looked bad... but he looked like a rookie.

Pennington is still, by far, your best QB on the roster.

The KC Chiefs should have gone after him the MOMENT he was rumored to be released. Bowe is probably saying the same thing in KC :salute:

I was saying that... We were fine with Croyle :sad:

Ravage!!!
08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I was saying that... We were fine with Croyle :sad:

Really?..... ... :goofy: