PDA

View Full Version : Injuries plague throughout pre-season

BarkdogRX7
08-24-2008, 12:36 PM
:DTo everyone was cries about teams resting their guys until the reg. season, this year has been down right nasty.

Teams across the NFL have taken substantial blows, as of today (Sunday) Washington has lost Jason Taylor for a few weeks, the Giants are losing Osi for the YEAR, San Diego is going to possibly lose Merrimen for good (At the age of 24 mind you), we still havent seen Torain go for us, I think Philly was down Asante Samuel due to a hammy, Garcia got banged up, Ocho Cinco came down hard on a shoulder, I mean the list goes on, and these are some big named dudes here...

So I guess my point is, people will argue that all of this can happen during the reg. season too but it's gotta be a huge blow to deal with to lost an Osi Umenyiora for all 16+ weeks in a throw away game! I dunno, it's getting out of hand, I can see why some players like Clinton Portis only play sparingly in the pre season, it's getting scary...

On a side note, I think dudes like Matt Leinart need MORE time, he looks like junk right now and he is a good QB...anyways, thanx for the time, just praying our boys continue to stay healthy

Nomad Broncofan
08-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I noticed this as well. Seems to be more injuries this preseason than previous years, then again my memory isn't what it use to be either.

jcdavey
08-24-2008, 01:09 PM
sucks about osi

that's the guy aj smith wanted as well in the eli trade, before relenting and getting the pick he turned into merriman

so strangely ironic that osi and possibly merriman, will now both be out all season

weird

BarkdogRX7
08-24-2008, 02:26 PM
it is kinda ironic when u look at it like that yes. But this pre season has been full of Madden curses, which I wanna take the time to dispel right now. Favre and the Jets arent cursed, Jason Taylor and DWTS is not cursed, people just wanna put the blame towards something, anything...bad stuff happens and we move on.

But I really wanted to assess Torain this pre season so it is a shame we have to wait to let him get rookie reps in the regular season :sad:

LarryDean
08-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Teams need on the field practice with other teams..If not the season opener would just be junk and flat and I dont feel sorry for injuries..It's a part of the game whither its preseason or regular season..What did Osi need to prove why was he on the field.Well he needed to be in game shape for one...I would not mind if they cut down the amount of preseason games between from 4/2

No matter what though we as fans should not expect injuries from not happening in a contact sport ..

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
injuries like this happen every preseason.

its really unfortunate. like shanny said you need to just hope to get through preseason with luck and get as few injuries as possible.

muse
08-25-2008, 04:36 AM
We've had our fair share of preseason dings - this year has been thankfully ok for us. Last year was nothing short of horrific with Ekuban, Holdman, Eddie Moore, Ben Hamilton and Rod (although that wasn't a preseason injury) lost before the season started.