PDA

View Full Version : Poor Clinton Portis

NinjaPirateFunk
09-04-2008, 05:09 PM
That Washington offensive line is just awful. There are NO holes for him out there and they can't protect Campbell at all. Every run Portis has made has hit his own linemen because there's no hole, or he's bounced outside to make something happen on his own.

God I wish this guy was still a Bronco. If we could sign him someday I wouldn't mind. He's still to me, one of the most natural talents in the league. Not many can make something out of nothing like he can.

Edit: Meant to say "Poor" not Pooe lmmfao

Ravage!!!
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Not me... and I don't feel sorry for him. Not a single ounce of concern or a wasted minute moment of time wishing him back.

getlynched47
09-04-2008, 05:19 PM
That's too bad for Portis.....maybe he should demand a trade back to Denver...so he can get back to his star form :D

you know I'm kidding :coffee:

LarryDean
09-04-2008, 05:20 PM
The way the Redskins look right now

Is a reminder of what your team could very well and most likely look like when they change the head coach ...Awful

On a side note .... Brandon Jacobs dropped the BOOM all over LaRon Landry...:smug:

getlynched47
09-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Is a reminder of what your team could very well and most likely look like when they change the head coach ...Awful

On a side note .... Brandon Jacobs dropped the BOOM all over LaRon Landry...:smug:

Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about...i saw that too LarryDean...i yelled out a big "Ohhhhh!!"

Landry was steam rolled...did you see his body jerk back violently?

NinjaPirateFunk
09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Landry got put to sleep

LarryDean
09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about...i saw that too LarryDean...i yelled out a big "Ohhhhh!!"

Landry was steam rolled...did you see his body jerk back violently?

:salute:

:rockon:

Heres the clip

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023545

:edit: I dont like to see players get hurt but football is a contact sport

getlynched47
09-04-2008, 05:25 PM

Heres the clip

wow that was really quick...alright I'm watching the video...here it comes...and....BOOM!! :eek:

I'd be dead if I was Laron Landry...

SBboundBRONCOS
09-04-2008, 06:01 PM

Heres the clip

oh how i love football season :beer:

getlynched47
09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
oh how i love football season :beer:

yes sir :cheers:

Atwnbroncfan
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM
did you guys see Portis light Kiwanuka up. He decleated him on the block

GridironChamp
09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
^ Yeah I saw that as well. Then, of course being from Da U and all, he stood
above him and talked **** the whole time.

I agree Portis has soooo much talent, but Washington's line is that bad.

DawgFanatic
09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
redskins demoted jon jansen to 2nd string, how smart

VenomousDB
09-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Washingtons entire offense looks absolutely horrible and they had some of the worst play calls ive ever seen
Portis was the only one doing anything out there. I felt really bad for him.
And if they keep playing like this i dont see them winning more than 4 games

Mile_High_Kiwi
09-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Washingtons entire offense looks absolutely horrible

Their receivers are too small and the line is bad. They looked terrible!

Jagwired
09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
This game proved that Reggie Nelson >>>>> LaRon Landry.

Silent-Assassin
09-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Looks like the Broncos Got a HoF CB for a mediocre RB...

WHAT A TRADE!!!:rockon::salute::rockon::salute:

JerseyFan24
09-05-2008, 06:56 AM
so the only reason i have such an opinion on this game is that clinton portis is on my fantasy team, but

the playcalling - 3rd and 17? 'yea throw it underneath to randle-el :confused:, we've established ourselves with 7 points, not throwing it past the 1st down marker is a great strategy

clock management - 4min left in the 4th Q, down 7-16, yea lets uhhh....tick, tick, tick ....choose the next play here ummmm.... tick tick tick.... yea ok, wait, who's chris cooley? tick tick tick :eek:

that is seriously no better than a 4-12 team

stnzed
09-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Not me... and I don't feel sorry for him. Not a single ounce of concern or a wasted minute moment of time wishing him back.

Same with me, there is no need to feel sorry for Poorti$, he got what he wanted......

stnzed
09-05-2008, 08:08 AM
This game proved that Reggie Nelson >>>>> LaRon Landry.

How's that?

If Landry played for the Jags you'd be singing a different tune and you know it......

muse
09-05-2008, 10:34 AM

Heres the clip

In that situation, you've got to ask yourself "What Would Atwater Do?"

Too slow.

stnzed
09-05-2008, 02:38 PM

I think it's great that out of all of those RB's Auburn had at one time, the one that had to transfer is the one who's having the best pro career......

GridironChamp
09-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I think it's great that out of all of those RB's Auburn had at one time, the one that had to transfer is the one who's having the best pro career......

They've all been good and all have been injured before. Just two more than the
other.

GridironChamp
09-05-2008, 09:33 PM

I will guess that 25 other RBs in the NFL wouldnt have gotten 50 yards in that
game yesterday if they had been playing for the Skins...

In other words, Portis is alot better than mediocre.

stnzed
09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
They've all been good and all have been injured before. Just two more than the
other.

I'm only talking about who is having the better career so far, Jacobs is the one with the ring and the health at the moment, and he'll soon have the big payday if he is fortunate enough to stay healthy......the other two have serious injury concerns at the moment and no rings.

FWIW, I like all three......

NinjaPirateFunk
09-05-2008, 11:52 PM

mediocre?

:coffee: i'm willing to bet most nfl backs would've ended that game with about 40-50 yards rushing

UberBroncoMan
09-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Same with me, there is no need to feel sorry for Poorti$, he got what he wanted......

Agreed 100%... he chose vast fortune over waiting for a fair contract and potentially being a HOF back with us. I'm glad we got Champ out of it, but make no mistake that the numbers Clinton put up with us were godlike in his first 2 seasons.

1st 2 seasons with us were 5.5 YPC Averages which is just disgusting. Not to mention 15/14 TD's... to put that in perspective, he has 63 career rushing TD's in 7 seasons. In the 2 seasons with us he got 29 of those... 34 TD's in 5 years is pathetic. Not to metion his highest YPC Average in Washington has been 4.3, and his last season was 3.7.

Also in 2003 with us, he ran for 1591 Yards in 13 games... with a 122.4 YPG average. If he had played 16 games healthy he would have had 1958 yards and probably 3-4 more TD's.

Teams HAD to gameplan for Portis and they still couldn't really stop him... though he does get injured a bit.

Anyway... I wish we had Clinton AND Champ. However, I'd rather have a leader like Champ here than the selfish #$(# that Clinton is.

END

LarryDean
09-06-2008, 04:17 AM
I think the Broncos made out of the Champ Bailey trade ... Mainly because of what Mike Shanahan can do with RB's but I cant see how anyone can call Portis Mediocre in 6 years he has had only 1 season where he didn't finish with 1,000 + yards rushing and that was only because he was injured ...

Right now as it stands he is 41 in career rushing yards (7,715) (33)TD's one would assume he will crack the 10k threshold and from there he would be ranked 21-17th around abouts and that is far from mediocre ....Not to make anyone mad and become "SuperFan" with me just pointing out the fact that he has more rushing yards then Terrell Davis ..

Spice 1
09-06-2008, 09:03 AM

And the crazy thing was, he came in on an angle, and hit him low. He better wrap up next time, or he might as well go for the ball. Did you see CP's cheapy on Kiwanuka? CP was the only Redskins player that really brought it in that game.

SarahKay14
09-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks but no thanks...

We def got the better deal out of that trade and I would not wish him back.

stnzed
09-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Agreed 100%... he chose vast fortune over waiting for a fair contract and potentially being a HOF back with us. I'm glad we got Champ out of it, but make no mistake that the numbers Clinton put up with us were godlike in his first 2 seasons.

1st 2 seasons with us were 5.5 YPC Averages which is just disgusting. Not to mention 15/14 TD's... to put that in perspective, he has 63 career rushing TD's in 7 seasons. In the 2 seasons with us he got 29 of those... 34 TD's in 5 years is pathetic. Not to metion his highest YPC Average in Washington has been 4.3, and his last season was 3.7.

Also in 2003 with us, he ran for 1591 Yards in 13 games... with a 122.4 YPG average. If he had played 16 games healthy he would have had 1958 yards and probably 3-4 more TD's.

Teams HAD to gameplan for Portis and they still couldn't really stop him... though he does get injured a bit.

Anyway... I wish we had Clinton AND Champ. However, I'd rather have a leader like Champ here than the selfish #$(# that Clinton is.

END

Great post, when you take the time to look at what Poorti$ in Denver it's hard to understand why people think that the Torain's and Droughns' are the way to go......

Ravage!!!
09-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Great post, when you take the time to look at what Poorti$ in Denver it's hard to understand why people think that the Torain's and Droughns' are the way to go......

Becuase if they run for 1300 yrds and 10 TDs... thats more than enough to make the offense potent in all aspects. But at the same time, you aren't paying out the TONS of millions to the top RBs that demand so much money. Larry Johnson is absolutely dominating runner... but he's not when hurt like RBs get so often. How long do the good RBs normally last... 5 years?

Sure its fantastic to get an elite back. Everyone wants one. But did either of the SB contenders last year have an elite RB on the team? In fact, the Giants went AFTER losing their elite RB that season.

LTs and Terrell Davis' come around very rarely. RBs in general grow on trees in cmparison to other positions, not to mention they are a position that young players can come in and play immediately.... but they don't last.

RBs are like potato chips..... eat all you want, we'll make more.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM

true story . . . . . portis was a monster here, and thats a fact, anyone trying to deny him of that is crazy

i really do wish we could have had both Champ and Portis but we cant, and honestly im torn between who id rather have.

the fact is champ doesnt impact and take over a game much like a great RB could and ive stood by this for probably as long as ive been part if the boards, but portis isnt the professional champ is (i however am one of the few that enjoy his antics)

SBboundBRONCOS
09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Becuase if they run for 1300 yrds and 10 TDs... thats more than enough to make the offense potent in all aspects. But at the same time, you aren't paying out the TONS of millions to the top RBs that demand so much money. Larry Johnson is absolutely dominating runner... but he's not when hurt like RBs get so often. How long do the good RBs normally last... 5 years?

Sure its fantastic to get an elite back. Everyone wants one. But did either of the SB contenders last year have an elite RB on the team? In fact, the Giants went AFTER losing their elite RB that season.

LTs and Terrell Davis' come around very rarely. RBs in general grow on trees in cmparison to other positions, not to mention they are a position that young players can come in and play immediately.... but they don't last.

RBs are like potato chips..... eat all you want, we'll make more.

i guess my counter point is what team had a great CB on there team?

the team that ran the ball better in the SB won, i mean how many times do RBs win games for you . . . . a lot, on the flip side how many times do CBs win games for you . . . . maybe, maybe 1-2 a year

Bigplayshay84
09-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I think we would have been fine if we kept Portis, then let Cutler come in along with brandon marshall, our offense would be unstoppable.

Besides, it doesn't matter HOW good Champ is, the D-line has been below average the whole time he has been here, I believe the coaches think that his skills don't require a D line, but people always pick our D apart. so what gives? I wouldn't mind having dre bly as a number 1 anyways.