View Full Version : Brady went down

baphamet
09-07-2008, 10:28 AM
and i have him on my fantasy team. :sad:

jdubv724
09-07-2008, 10:34 AM

Figures a Charger fan would report the Brady injury :laugh:

He was walking fine when he went to the locker room.

Don't worry he will be healthy enough to knock you out of the playoffs for the 3rd straight year.:rockon:

stnzed
09-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I hear it looked pretty bad too, so much for taking out a QB's knee being a penalty......

Snapping Turtle
09-07-2008, 10:36 AM
I saw that...didn't know what to think. I dont have him on fantasy, I have their D though so I'm good. :D

jdubv724
09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Just reported... "Brady Questionable to return to the Chiefs game"

saltybuggah
09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
does this mean that KC might actually beat the pats.... :eek:

i just saw the highlight

is he out of the game or just getting checked out...

this is what belicheat gets for taking brady off the injury report :laugh:

stnzed
09-07-2008, 10:42 AM
does this mean that KC might actually beat the pats.... :eek:

i just saw the highlight

is he out of the game or just getting checked out...

this is what belicheat gets for taking brady off the injury report :laugh:

If Cassell hitting Moss for 50 yards from their own one yard line is any indication, I'd say no......

eaglebronco
09-07-2008, 10:42 AM
I hear it looked pretty bad too, so much for taking out a QB's knee being a penalty......

Yeah we wouldn't want a defense being able to touch a quarter back in this league. Bunch of sissies.

stnzed
09-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah we wouldn't want a defense being able to touch a quarter back in this league. Bunch of sissies.

They just can't touch Peytatoe Manning......

saltybuggah
09-07-2008, 10:44 AM
If Cassell hitting Moss for 50 yards from their own one yard line is any indication, I'd say no......

great

now we're all in for the "why cant we have a backup like cassell instead of ramsey" threads :rolleyes:

stnzed
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
great

now we're all in for the "why cant we have a backup like cassell instead of ramsey" threads :rolleyes:

"Trade Dumervil for Matt Cassell"...:D...

saltybuggah
09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
"Trade Dumervil for Matt Cassell"...:D...

i think im just going to start a fake thread to fire up the masses if they score a td :laugh:

09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
It did not look good. Kind of scary, actually.

I hope he's not done for the year, because we need an insurance policy if the Broncos can't get it done vs. the SD Fun Boys.

The Hamburgler
09-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Cassel to Moss TD

stnzed
09-07-2008, 10:51 AM
i think im just going to start a fake thread to fire up the masses if they score a td :laugh:

Give it time, wait for the real thread......

RunYouOver
09-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Matt Cassel will now prove why Tom Brady is NOT a top 5 QB ever.

It's the system, it's the team.

Cassel will succeed, proving Brady is not the G.O.A.T., and that the Patriots are just a good TEAM.

jcdavey
09-07-2008, 10:56 AM
cassell's looking good and proving his worth, good for him

i hope brady will be ok

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
09-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Matt Cassel will now prove why Tom Brady is NOT a top 5 QB ever.

It's the system, it's the team.

Cassel will succeed, proving Brady is not the G.O.A.T., and that the Patriots are just a good TEAM.

:laugh: Sort of how Bledsoe proved how great he was in New England? :confused:
Ever since Brady took over the Pats have been great.

But I bet Ravage and WhiteDragon are happy :dance:
And any other football fans with no class. :salute:

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Bah he was my first pick in my fantasy draft!!!!!

Last year LJ now Brady!!!! Am I freakin cursed or something? :confused:

White Dragon
09-07-2008, 11:40 AM
:laugh: Sort of how Bledsoe proved how great he was in New England? :confused:
Ever since Brady took over the Pats have been great.

But I bet Ravage and WhiteDragon are happy :dance:
And any other football fans with no class. :salute:

Okay wth is that supposed to mean? Because I don't like Brady means I have no class?

Am I upset he got injured, no, do I feel sorry for him, no, but I'm not HAPPY he was injured. The only players I hope get injured are those who intentionally try to injure others, like Rodney Harrison.

in.the.game
09-07-2008, 11:48 AM
apparently so did croyle.

but i don't suppose we'll see a thread dedicated to his shoulder.

RunYouOver
09-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Okay wth is that supposed to mean? Because I don't like Brady means I have no class?

Am I upset he got injured, no, do I feel sorry for him, no, but I'm not HAPPY he was injured. The only players I hope get injured are those who intentionally try to injure others, like Rodney Harrison.

I feel the same way exactly.

Kapaibro
09-07-2008, 12:15 PM
apparently so did croyle.

but i don't suppose we'll see a thread dedicated to his shoulder.

As much as I don't like the Pats, Brady, or their fans, no one needs to see the replay of that injury.

There is a big difference between wanting someone to suck while playing, and hoping they get injured.

Skywalker
09-07-2008, 12:36 PM

That's funny. My uncle Tom traded Adrian Peterson for Brady in fantasy (don't ask me why, it was a stupid trade), and now Brady went down. :laugh:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
09-07-2008, 12:43 PM

:laugh: You were the one who wanted the whole Patriots team to DIE. Everyone. So wanting players to die seems unclassy IMO.

and :eek: 1st and goal Chiefs at the 5 yard line.

White Dragon
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
:laugh: You were the one who wanted the whole Patriots team to DIE. Everyone. So wanting players to die seems unclassy IMO.

and :eek: 1st and goal Chiefs at the 5 yard line.

You mean something I said out of frustration, which I immediately apologized for and deleted? Which everyone BUT YOU was able to let go.

jmag
09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I hope he heals up so we can spank them fair and square come October which we will.

saltybuggah
09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
i wonder why no pats fans are ever around anymore :confused:

they must have got washed away with the tide

unfortunatly injuries are all apart of the game and if brady is out the pats are in for a long season... they can still win games on talent but not against the better teams in the league

Broncosfreak_56
09-07-2008, 03:42 PM
http://img205.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=26957_nfl_a_brady_400_122_221lo.jpg

Owch.

BarkdogRX7
09-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Owch.

Indeed, Brady goes down like 5 min into week 1, there is a god :D

Wonder where the Pats fans will be all week on here

Mr. Roper
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM

You're a scum. Just like Ravage. We all saw your posts last year hoping for a Brady injury. You can't take that back scumbag.

BRich
09-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Some are describing this as a season ender

Sources: Brady done with severe knee injury

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports 17 minutes ago
Printable View
Return to Original

Buzz Up
Print

More From Michael Silver

* 'New' Eli enough for Giants Sep 5, 2008
* Taylor still on the mind of Redskins Sep 4, 2008

Yahoo! Sports

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with what two sources described as a severe injury to his left knee, suffered in the first quarter of the Pats’ 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at Gillette Stadium Sunday.

While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady’s injury, a source close to the quarterback indicated it involved serious damage to the knee. That could include a torn anterior cruciate ligament and perhaps other ligament and cartilage damage.

“It’s bad,” a team source said. “We’re going to have to play without him.”

Brady was hurt as he stepped up in the pocket to make a throw to wideout Randy Moss. Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was on the ground, lunged forward and struck Brady’s leg, which buckled as he released the ball.

Brady was helped off the field and was later led down a staircase by team officials, presumably to undergo tests.

Fourth-year quarterback Matt Cassel, who had thrown just 39 passes in his career before Sunday, replaced Brady and completed 13 of 18 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown. Cassel, who backed up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC, hasn’t been a starting quarterback since high school. He won a competition with Matt Gutierrez during the preseason to retain the job as Brady’s primary backup.

White Dragon
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
You're a scum. Just like Ravage. We all saw your posts last year hoping for a Brady injury. You can't take that back scumbag.

You're full of it, because I NEVER posted about hoping Brady got injured. Seriously, go back and find ANYTHING I've posted where I said that I WISHED Brady would get injured.

stnzed
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Bah he was my first pick in my fantasy draft!!!!!

Last year LJ now Brady!!!! Am I freakin cursed or something? :confused:

May I suggest you draft LT next year? Take one for the team......

stnzed
09-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Owch.

That's an illegal hit......

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8029/omgrlykn2.jpg

stargazer
09-07-2008, 07:05 PM
You know things are bad when Chris Simms is coming to Boston tomorrow.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
You're full of it, because I NEVER posted about hoping Brady got injured. Seriously, go back and find ANYTHING I've posted where I said that I WISHED Brady would get injured.

You posted where you wish he would DIE :eek:
But its hard to find your bad posts about him when you deleted them :laugh:

So for once I agree with Mr. Roper :eek:
Crazyness how anyone could wish injury on someone.
Absolutely disgusting.

stargazer
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
You posted where you wish he would DIE :eek:
But its hard to find your bad posts about him when you deleted them :laugh:

So for once I agree with Mr. Roper :eek:
Crazyness how anyone could wish injury on someone.
Absolutely disgusting.

Give it up. Some people are happy he's gone for the year. Just because you don't agree with it, that's your opinion.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Give it up. Some people are happy he's gone for the year. Just because you don't agree with it, that's your opinion.

I understand that some people are lowlifes. :salute:
It happens. Not all Bronco fans have Class.

White Dragon
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I understand that some people are lowlifes. :salute:
It happens. Not all Bronco fans have Class.

And there are some Bronco fans who are d0uchebags who won't let anything go.

d-bronx42
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Since Stargazer decided to have a little hissy fit about i didn't post this in the other teams section ill post it here so he stops whining

Reliable source, Adam Schefter confirms Brady's out for year.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

I grew a deep hate for the Pats just last season because of how the media literally just spoke about them 24/7, Every show, every magazine, any website was just obsessed with them. All of last season the only time you would see people talk about other team's was just to debate whether or not the Pat's would win and remain undefeated. I couldn't of been happier when they lost and all walked off the field in shame...

But after watching this today i felt bad. You never want to watch someone get injured, especially when its Tom Brady, one of the most exciting and genuinely one of the best players in NFL history suffer that kind of injury.

So here's to wishing Tom the best of luck on his recovery!

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
And there are some Bronco fans who are d0uchebags who won't let anything go.

:salute: Theres Bronco fans of all sorts. :rockon:

Sonic Raider
09-28-2008, 08:53 AM
This REALLY changes the AFC from being all about NE to who can step up?

Things are getting interesting here