PDA

View Full Version : DeSean Jackson

d-bronx42
09-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Since before the draft i have been very interested in the Eddie Royal vs DeSean Jackson debate since we all knew the Broncos needed to do something about our return game i knew we would draft 1 of the 2.

Both have been VERY impressive in camp and DeSean has owned the pre season.

So far in today's First game he is dominating the Rams secondary, with 5 catches for 95 yards including a 47 yard bomb from McNabb.

Now i am as big of a supporter of Royal as anyone else. Just knowing we drafted Eddie over Desean i will always compare the two because of how similar of a player they are.

Skywalker
09-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Since before the draft i have been very interested in the Eddie Royal vs DeSean Jackson debate since we all knew the Broncos needed to do something about our return game i knew we would draft 1 of the 2.

So far in today's First game he is dominating the Rams secondary, with 5 catches for 95 yards including a 47 yard bomb from McNabb.

Now i am as big of a supporter of Royal as anyone else. Just knowing we drafted Eddie over Desean i will always compare the two because of how similar of a player they are.
I think we got the better deal with Eddie over DeSean (we'll see tommorow), just because Eddie is a great character guy and DeSean is a *****.

:cheers:

in.the.game
09-07-2008, 12:25 PM

to me this equates to you having sex with your girlfriend, but thinking about your ex.

who cares what that guy is doing. shoulda, coulda, woulda. build a bridge, get over it.

Javalon
09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, I don't believe Jackson's talent was questioned so much as his character. If that's the case, you definitely have to look down the road to see how that plays out.

Anyway, I really like Royal's story and I hope he pans out, not just for the Broncos' sake but also for his.

Max Power
09-07-2008, 12:39 PM
DeSean Jackson is who I wanted with that pick, but got Royal instead...

Now I've warmed up to Royal a bit based on what he's shown through camp and preseason, but I will still be watching and comparing the two guys, and I'm not going to homer out and say Royal is definitely better, he will have to prove it.

Also, I don't know how anyone can suggest that DeSean is a ****** when he had no bad off the field incidents in college (or pros thus far). There have been questions about his attitude and work-ethic, but he is not a bad guy by any stretch.

d-bronx42
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM

Now I've warmed up to Royal a bit based on what he's shown through camp and preseason, but I will still be watching and comparing the two guys, and I'm not going to homer out and say Royal is definitely better, he will have to prove it.

Also, I don't know how anyone can suggest that DeSean is a ****** when he had no bad off the field incidents in college (or pros thus far). There have been questions about his attitude and work-ethic, but he is not a bad guy by any stretch.

Couldn't have said it better myself. People claiming DeSean is a bad guy are clearly mistaken. Pac man Jone's is a bad guy, Chris Henry, Odell Thurmann, etc... Last time i checked someone having a confident swagger to their game isn't a crime? Maybe I'm wrong but i like confidence.

And by the he finished his first game with 106 yards.

silkamilkamonic
09-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I think we got the better deal with Eddie over DeSean (we'll see tommorow), just because Eddie is a great character guy and DeSean is a *****.

:cheers:

DESean has been a great guy in Philly characterwise, and the only concerns about him were his father. I think your totally reaching on your comment about DeSean being a ----.

silkamilkamonic
09-07-2008, 01:12 PM

Lot of Bronco fans are insecure, and whenever there's a debate about the situation, it turns into a smear campaign for the other teams player.

Skywalker
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
DESean has been a great guy in Philly characterwise, and the only concerns about him were his father. I think your totally reaching on your comment about DeSean being a ----.

Really, I'm just going by what I've heard about him through college. I just see a cocky guy with bad work ethic. But I haven't been keeping up with him in Philly, and if he's doing a good job there then that's cool and my bad. I take back my comment. :cheers:

broncos1997
09-07-2008, 01:15 PM
if the eagles 4th, 5th and 6th recievers can do what they did then either the rams secondary sucks or mcnabb is one hell of a QB.

either way though, heres to ma boy hank baskett :beer:

LarryDean
09-07-2008, 01:19 PM

Fantastic post Max .... No Matter how good either turns out ...I can almost guarantee on draft day no one was saying we need to draft Royal during the 2nd round.....After the fact and seeing what he is capable of and hearing Shanahan explain why...Bronco fans started warming up to the pick ...Not before and definitely not during the draft at that time.

Chidoze
09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Fantastic post Max .... No Matter how good either turns out ...I can almost guarantee on draft day no one was saying we need to draft Royal during the 2nd round.....After the fact and seeing what he is capable of and hearing Shanahan explain why...Bronco fans started warming up to the pick ...Not before and definitely not during the draft at that time.
Accurate post. I didnt oppose the selection but I wasnt sitting there saying the Broncos should draft Royal.

After wards, though, I listened to what the players said about him. Not what Shanahan said. I've heard Shanahan say a player looks good one week, and a few weeks later, he's cut and with a different team.