PDA

View Full Version : How long before the Patriots sign Dante Culpepper?? (Merged)

Ravage!!!
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
How long do you think it will be before the Patriots call up and sign Culpepper? He's the most experienced and most talented FA QB available... and he has a chemistry and history with Randy Moss.

Javalon
09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
You know, I instantly thought of Culpepper when I saw Brady leave the game. But my gut tells me the Patsies will wait a couple weeks to see how Cassel pans out. And even then, there seems to be some weird kind of stigma associated with Culpepper.

Maybe they'll try to talk Plummer out of retirement first. :D

Ravage!!!
09-07-2008, 05:52 PM
You know, I instantly thought of Culpepper when I saw Brady leave the game. But my gut tells me the Patsies will wait a couple weeks to see how Cassel pans out. And even then, there seems to be some weird kind of stigma associated with Culpepper.

Maybe they'll try to talk Plummer out of retirement first. :D

heh.. well.. I dont' know who their third QB is... so they still have to either have a 3rd, or sign another QB.

I think they would be foolish to 'wait' too long (although Culpepper isn't going anywhere) instead of getting him in and giving him more time to learn the play calls.

I don't know what it is about Culpepper.. I thought maybe the fact that he is representing himself was the biggest red-flag??? :confused:

Ravage!!!
09-07-2008, 06:15 PM
In all honesty.... I'm betting the Patriots look at someone like Chris Simms first. Someone they can probably get cheap... someone that has a head on their shoulders.... and one that won't draw a lot of attention.

Broncosfreak_56
09-07-2008, 06:15 PM
The sunday night football guys just said that the Patriots are bringing in Chris Simms tomorrow.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2008, 06:18 PM
The sunday night football guys just said that the Patriots are bringing in Chris Simms tomorrow.

seriously?,,,,,,,,

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-07-2008, 06:24 PM
I could definitely see Culpepper playing for the Pats if Brady is gone this season. Put him in that system with players like that and you could probably see some of the Culpepper from his Vikings days.

Hoserman117
09-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Simms come in and lead them to a 10-6 record.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Simms come in and lead them to a 10-6 record.

I don't know man.. I was really not impressed with the Patriots team today.

It was jsut all the small things. Not just Brady being out.. but this was a KC team that is just bad... and the Chiefs SHOULD have tied the tame in the last minute (Bowe dropped a TD pass right in his hands)... to QBs like Croyle and Huard? Where is this defense??? Brady doesn't play defense.

They dropped passes, they dropped kicks.... the fumbled teh ball away.. and the KC line was getting a LOT of pressure on the QBs.

I predicted earlier this pre-season that the Patriots miss the playoffs this year because I truly feel that SB loss just completely deflated their balloon.. and that this wasn't the same team that had that "killer" instict that we saw last year.

People were predicting that Brady was gimpy, and speculation was being asked what would the Patriots record be without Brady... most guessing around 8-8.

I don't think they win ten games this year, and NOT JUST because Brady is out.. but because Brady is out and everything else that seems to be below their par. The team is 'flat.' Now the team knows they don't have a chance to make it to the SB and their leader is in a cast. Thats just another blow to the 'heart' of this team.

rockrules40
09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
they are going after chris simms.

getlynched47
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
yeah they're gonna bring in Chris Simms for a workout, put Brady on IR... and re-sign Matt Guitierrez

stargazer
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Culpepper? hahahaahahhaahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahhahah hahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha

Tonyshucraft
09-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Damn, the Broncos game hasn't occurred yet and I see some things that really have helped the team out.

stargazer
09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Damn, the Broncos game hasn't occurred yet and I see some things that really have helped the team out.

Yes, it's called another playoff spot opened up after today's game. Even Indy looked like horse manure.

jhildebrand
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
How long do you think it will be before the Chiefs call up and sign Culpepper? He's the most experienced and most talented FA QB available... and he has a chemistry and history with Randy Moss.

There you go Rav! I fixed your quote. I just could adjust the poll :D Simms will be a Cheatriot and Culpepper will be back in the AFC West.

roushmartin6
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I thought Culpepper retired:confused:

jhildebrand
09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I thought Culpepper retired:confused:

He is retired under the Brett Favre/Michael Jordan plan. :D

broncotildeath
09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Moss+Daunte+5star O-line= a scary new threat in the AFC

Just think about it

Btw Broncos beat ass tonight Denver 31 Oakland 17

PatrickdaDookie
09-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Heh. Daunte...

Remember, Daunte was doing terrible in Minnesota BEFORE his knee injury. Like 1 td and 10 ints. Those are Alex Smith rookie season kinds of numbers.

There's a reason he failed in Oakland and Miami, and it had nothing to do with his knee. He's just not the same type of quarterback he used to be.

The Patriots will do better with Cassel than they will with Culpepper. Period. Let Brady and Belichick teach this guy everything they know, and the Pats could still sneak into the postseason.

VA BroncosFan
09-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I say we trade Ramsey to NE for a 5th round pick in 2010. Then we promote Hackney to backup since he is a better QB anyway.

Lets Do It.

GridironChamp
09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Simms was sent away upon arrival in NE...

Either they liked what they saw outta Cassell or Randy was slipping hints to
the head guys talking about a certain QB that could be pulled away from his
Favre-type retirement.

How great is it that Goodell told Favre he should wait until the season starts
because a star QB might go out giving him a shot at another SB?

Overtime
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I could definitely see Culpepper playing for the Pats if Brady is gone this season. Put him in that system with players like that and you could probably see some of the Culpepper from his Vikings days.

you know, him and Randy Moss had big chemistry together in Minnesota, and with Culpeppers ability to throw deep down the field, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Simms come in and lead them to a 10-6 record.\

Chris Simms couldn't lead a hooker to a whorehouse, and isn't qualified to carry his dad's jockstrap around.

Culpepper? hahahaahahhaahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahhahah hahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha

I wouldn't laugh too hard, Culpepper fits into the Patriots offensive scheme very well. If Belichick even thinks he has a chance at getting Culpepper to buy into his system, you better believe it that Belichick will scoop Culpepper up in a heartbeat and hand him the reins. Especially if it means making the playoffs.

You gotta remember, after Culpepper had the knee injury, the Vikings unfairly unloaded him, didn't even give him the chance to prove himself again, and ended up going to a dismal Dolphins team that had no offensive weapons whatsoever. Then he got shipped out to Chokeland, where again he had nothing.

Culpepper + Moss = Big Offensive Production.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2008, 05:03 PM
You gotta remember, after Culpepper had the knee injury, the Vikings unfairly unloaded him, didn't even give him the chance to prove himself again, and ended up going to a dismal Dolphins team that had no offensive weapons whatsoever. Then he got shipped out to Chokeland, where again he had nothing.

Culpepper + Moss = Big Offensive Production.

I don't see how it was done "unfairly" at all. They are the employer and have a right to pick who they want to invest their time and their money on when things in the NFL are based on short-term success.

Culpepper may or may not be able to play anymore.. but he was actively LOOKING to get a job this entire off-season, and not ONE team pulled the trigger on his "unfairly" treated QB.

Pennington jut went to a Dolphins team that barely won a single game last year, and he looked pretty good despite the fact. Culpepper has NOT looked good since coming back from that injury.

Now they may make the move for Culpepper.. but I doubt it. I'm guessing they try to prove themselves IN house with Cassel and the young kid behind him they are pretty high on Kevin O'Connell.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl with Tom Brady coming in for an injured Drew Bledsoe, and the Patriots didn't have the kind of talent then, they do now. I'm guessing they are going to just continue with what they have, and make the best they can. This would be a typical arrogant move by Belicheck.

Overtime
09-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't see how it was done "unfairly" at all. They are the employer and have a right to pick who they want to invest their time and their money on when things in the NFL are based on short-term success.

for being a guy who was the Vikings future, they sure didn't give him an opportunity in training camp...they unloaded him before training camp.

Culpepper may or may not be able to play anymore.. but he was actively LOOKING to get a job this entire off-season, and not ONE team pulled the trigger on his "unfairly" treated QB.

Pennington jut went to a Dolphins team that barely won a single game last year, and he looked pretty good despite the fact. Culpepper has NOT looked good since coming back from that injury.

Now they may make the move for Culpepper.. but I doubt it. I'm guessing they try to prove themselves IN house with Cassel and the young kid behind him they are pretty high on Kevin O'Connell.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl with Tom Brady coming in for an injured Drew Bledsoe, and the Patriots didn't have the kind of talent then, they do now. I'm guessing they are going to just continue with what they have, and make the best they can. This would be a typical arrogant move by Belicheck.

well he'll never know unless he tries, and now would be the time for Dante to pickup that phone and say hey Coach, I'd like to come in for a tryout and see if I might fit into you your system and see if we can't put up some points and win some games and get into the playoffs.

but who knows what Belichick would do. can't rule out anything in this league that's for sure.